Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E02: Unwise Surprise

• Start Topic

I have heard about burglars waiting few weeks for victims to replace what was taken, and then go back and do it again. I can see this working due to many people probably assuming that odds are against their home being targeted twice. Or if they can't afford a super high-end alarm system after the first break-in.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

Do we think Kyle's new attitude may come from the fact that she thinks this is finally her moment to shine on the show? Like there is no LVP, this is no Rinna, Erika Jayne's stock has plummeted, so she finally thinks she has attained full Queen Bee status?

If so she doesn't seem to be enjoying it very much!

2 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

Wasn't  Erika on her back , with her legs open. I'd  of left as well, she goes too far

Leaving in disgust, yes.  Leaving in torrents of tears?  I'd prefer a housewife who could mock and shame her with a well-placed sarcastic comment!

7 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I have heard about burglars waiting few weeks for victims to replace what was taken, and then go back and do it again. I can see this working due to many people probably assuming that odds are against their home being targeted twice. Or if they can't afford a super high-end alarm system after the first break-in.

The thing is - what are the stats on burglars robbing someone, then lying in wait to follow them around a shopping center? 😃

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
4 hours ago, AnnMarie17 said:

Now her girls are grown, the terrible show was canceled, she's still buying new shit, the margaritas are gone...and she's left with a big empty house and a husband who works 24/7 and most likely cheats. She's PISSED and nothing will take the edge off of it now. 

I agree except I was one of the half dozen people who watched that show and kind of liked it.  But then I watch this show too so obviously my TV viewing bar is pretty low. 😎

• LOL 11
3 hours ago, tinderbox said:

I’ve watched this show, knowing full well it was a joke, for years and occasionally commented about it here.  After watching the first two episodes of this season I’ve decided to walk away.  I’ve gone from laughing at these women to being disgusted with them.  My time is worth way too much to continue to stoop to the level of being interested in any of them even if just for the entertainment value.  Pfffft….

It's really disappointing to me that within every single franchise, we're asking ourselves whether or not the shit we're looking at is true or pure fiction. 

I know what my answer has been 99% of the time.  

There used to be at least SOME reality on reality TV.  Times have changed.  I always come away feeling insulted and nowhere near entertained.

Edited by CallmeCray
Technical difficulties
  • Like 6
  • Hugs 1
5 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

And the people who stole from them are never caught .. it’s just the odds of this happening year after year to the same people  have to be astronomical IF it’s real.. like is it the same 3 guys all all the times are they calling their theif buddy’s going well If you need a SUPER easy mark there’s always PK and Dorit? Again this is my personal opinion on this .. I’m just not buying it anymore 

You may be onto something. Were there 3 (very polite) guys (who, ever so gently, placed her phone at the end of the driveway) during the gunpoint robbery? I kind of think i remember there were. Anyone remember?

I hope the feds are quietly investigating her/them. Is it wrong that I am eagerly awaiting another sprinter van SWAT event a la SLC?- granted the Kemsley fraud is nothing compared to what Jen Shah was up to, but a girl can dream 

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Like 1
  • LOL 13
On 11/2/2023 at 5:51 PM, Mar said:

If I understood that preview correctly, it looks like Sutton gets upset about Erica simulating receiving oral sex on stage during the show. I am team Sutton on that. Erica is just so vulgar. 

I'm dying for next week to see how this plays out.  I like Sutton, but she can be a bit much at times.  I wouldn't want to watch that kind of thing, but I wouldn't make a fuss, either.  There's a way to leave and let others know you're fine and they should stay and enjoy.  

• Like 18
2 hours ago, DallasDiva243 said:

I thought the whole Pretty Woman surprise to be totally cheesy but Dorit looked so gorgeous in that red dress!!!

Dorito may be a dum dum but I think she always looks gorgeous in whatever she's wearing. 

• Like 7
7 hours ago, CallmeCray said:

There used to be at least SOME reality on reality TV.  Times have changed.  I always come away feeling insulted and nowhere near entertained.

I guess it's to be expected - they learn how to play the game and try to be better at it.  Have you seen "House of Villains?" 😄

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
On 11/2/2023 at 4:55 PM, Cosmocrush said:

Lol, $10k would go a long way at Target.  

I am up for this challenge!

Count me in on the weird way Kyle is acting (and dressing, for that matter.  Like, we get it: you're edgy now!).  Also, what 50+ year old man is worried about his mother's reaction to him having a tattoo?  That whole party scene was super strange.  Between Kyle continually have to explain how 'stressed' she was to none of them looking like they wanted to be there...yikes.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

From what I read if you withdraw $10,000  or more from a bank account the bank is required to report this to the IRS to prevent money laundering and tax evasion.  Individuals are allowed to give away up to  $17,000 in 2023, $16,000 in 2022 per year to an individual without incurring a gift tax. 

My problem with Dorit's  latest theft story is that even Dorit cannot be dumb enough to put $10,000 in her purse and go off on a shopping trip, while leaving her bag in a shopping cart. Not buying it.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I took out 10,00 so I could have some money FOR  Christmas GIFTS… …that’s what she says verbatim .. she doesn’t say to give out bonuses….she then went shopping for those Christmas gifts and the money was stolen… I stand by what I said .. this is the last time I’m posting about it because we have been beating this topic of dorit and her strange robbery stories  to death now for 2 seasons .i I still believe they lied about this stuff . .. I stand by my opinion and I still think she and her husband are shady ..:we can just agree to disagree on this and move on to something more fun to talk about hopefully 

I like Dorit much of the time, and I can be naive. I believed the story last season, and my heart really went out to Dorit for such a traumatic experience. This recent thing even strikes me as odd though. Who goes out with that much cash or uses that much cash for Christmas gifts? 

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I like Dorit much of the time, and I can be naive. I believed the story last season, and my heart really went out to Dorit for such a traumatic experience. This recent thing even strikes me as odd though. Who goes out with that much cash or uses that much cash for Christmas gifts? 

I don’t dislike Dorit .. I just watch her and her grifter husband with a side eye .. :) I mean I don’t think they are at being gleeful about stealing from widows and orphans level of bad but there’s some weirdness :) 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 13
  • LOL 4
18 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I agree except I was one of the half dozen people who watched that show and kind of liked it.  But then I watch this show too so obviously my TV viewing bar is pretty low. 😎

It was good! I loved the sets and wardrobe so much.

• Like 3
18 hours ago, CallmeCray said:

It's really disappointing to me that within every single franchise, we're asking ourselves whether or not the shit we're looking at is true or pure fiction. 

I know what my answer has been 99% of the time.  

In a way, it is real -- meaning that if it isn't Bravo producing certain story lines, then it is real people really being shady. Sort of like lying vs. acting. I hope that makes sense; it was hard to articulate in the way I wanted to!

1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I kind of like her too. I find her to be sometimes funny and snarky in a way i like. 

• Like 8
3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

It was good! I loved the sets and wardrobe so much.

I liked the show too and was disappointed that it didn’t get a second season. It’s too bad that Kyle originally billed it as being based on her family growing up. That pissed off her sisters. I don’t blame them. I would not want a show about my family told from the point of view of one of my siblings. But the show was quite different and I liked it. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
On 11/2/2023 at 12:35 PM, eclectcmoi said:

My take on Kyle and Mo... Kyle seems very, very angry and anger like that often comes from betrayal.  I know this from my own past.  I'm not saying Mo cheated because I don't know for sure, but I think her anger is more than just him overextending himself with work.  Her -  I'm going to do what I want to do attitude and spilling that secret about Mo's tattoo to his mother to get him in trouble, then the change in how she looks... it all adds up to me. 

I think so too. She is enraged. She's trying to hold it in but isn't succeeding, thus the brittle edge we see. I wonder if she found out shortly before filming started. Maybe she didn't have time to process the information and that's why she's having a difficult time projecting the image she usually shows. 

I don't really like Kyle, but I don't think she'd fake marital trouble for a storyline. I believe she loves her children and wouldn't want to put them through this. My guess is she caught Mauricio cheating and it couldn't be denied. She couldn't look the other way, because there was some kind of proof. So her reaction was basically, "Screw you, Mo, I'll do whatever I want." That led to the weight loss, tattoos, flirtation with the singer, etc. 

The Dorit and PK date was hard to watch. So uncomfortable and staged. Both of them look clearly over the marriage. I also questioned the robbery story and was reminded of Teresa Guidice buying furniture with $100K in cash. Look where she ended up later. 

Not buying Erika's redemption story. Her apology to Dorit did not play well. Erika's delivery was wooden and fake. The woman is so unlikable. Why anyone would be friends with her is beyond me. I wouldn't trust her for a minute. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

Not buying Erika's reception story. Her apology to Dorit did not play well. Erika's delivery was wooden and fake. The woman is so unlikable. Why anyone would be friends with her is beyond me. I wouldn't trust her for a minute. 

If a person has to ask what empathy is and how to get it AT AGE 50-something then I’m putting her in the irredeemable column.  No wonder it was so easy for her to take off the minute her wallet/husband’s crimes were exposed.   

I’m hoping none of these women think of her as a real life friend, just a sociopathic coworker.

• Like 19
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

If a person has to ask what empathy is and how to get it AT AGE 50-something then I’m putting her in the irredeemable column.  No wonder it was so easy for her to take off the minute her wallet/husband’s crimes were exposed.   

I’m hoping none of these women think of her as a real life friend, just a sociopathic coworker.

She’ll do anything to give the audience a show 

• Like 9

Sadly from personal experience, I truly believe that Kyle has had severe doubts about Mauricio's faithfulness-- maybe going on how he acts around other women and how they respond. And now she's either caught him in the act or hired a detective to get information on him and KNOWS for a fact that he's a cheat. What a total punch to the gut that feels like! It's like there's two Mauricio's-- the one who loves her and the family and the other one who has no conscience about betraying her and the family. She is MAD, so mad that she's furious at the world and even knowing the girls can see something is wrong, she can't keep that anger inside. I hate to watch her this season, I can totally understand. I dont think she's acting, I dont think she's that good of an actor. Ugh. 

• Like 9
  • Hugs 4
  • Useful 2

Is anyone else suspicious of Dorit's asking Kyle how things are with Mo? I immediately thought of when Raquel asked Adriana how her relationship was going with Tom -- while Raquel was cheating with Tom. 

It doesn't mean Dorit and Mo were having an affair but I wouldn't be surprised if Dorit was interested in Mo and his $$$. Or that this is staged to LOOK like a Scandoval situation and Kyle and Dorit are in on it to help boost ratings. Who knows. Bravo why are you messing with my mind so much, lol. 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Ashleehilton said:

Is anyone else suspicious of Dorit's asking Kyle how things are with Mo? I immediately thought of when Raquel asked Adriana how her relationship was going with Tom -- while Raquel was cheating with Tom. 

It doesn't mean Dorit and Mo were having an affair but I wouldn't be surprised if Dorit was interested in Mo and his $$$. Or that this is staged to LOOK like a Scandoval situation and Kyle and Dorit are in on it to help boost ratings. Who knows. Bravo why are you messing with my mind so much, lol. 

I think the Kemsleys are shady regarding their finances, but I can't see them Raquel style shady, not Dorit anyway. Who knows though. I've certainly been wrong before.

• Like 5

cue: FYC - Suspicious Minds

So they didn’t immediately mic Estella. But then she is wearing a mic when she asks Kyle about Mauricio. She also looks right at the camera person within a fraction of a second after. (“Did you get that? Do we have to do another take?”)

(I mean, I think. The audio was not picking up a conversation with Eduardo, or with two other guests earlier…?)

And why did Estella and Eduardo keep their coats on?

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 5
  • Useful 3
15 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

And seems sad in general as well imo

I haven't liked Kyle for a very long time. She is a shit stirrer, who wants to play victim after causing the problem. The fact that she seems able to maintain a friendship with the morally bankrupt Faye Resnick says a lot. If I still liked her at all when the season started, I sure wouldn't now. She used to pretend to be nice at least some of the time but she seems to be challenging Erika for overall nastiest bitch of the season this time. Not surprisingly, because Kyle loves to play victim when not getting along with someone, most viewers seem to be blaming Mo for cheating and causing this awful behavior. I don't buy it. I think she somehow got involved with the tattooed Country singer-which I admit I would be mildly interested in hearing about because I cannot imagine how those two ever crossed paths. But, they obviously did, Kyle cheated and now she wants it to be Mo's fault because Kyle is ALWAYS THE VICTIM. I have no love for him either, but I am not giving Kyle a pass. Cheating is cheating, and Kyle is completely unsympathetic, IMO. I kind hope Mairicio did fall for his dance partner and he leaves Kyle in the dust. I have some sympathy for their kids, but really none for either of them.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

So didn’t Erika freak out on Teddi Mellencamp because Teddi suggested that Erika had misrepresented something (Erika LIED)?

But here we have Erika amusing herself that, had she known Dorit and PK were in fact going through a rough patch, she would have read (LIED about) a different Bravo marriage?

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

So didn’t Erika freak out on Teddi Mellencamp because Teddi suggested that Erika had misrepresented something (Erika LIED)?

But here we have Erika amusing herself that, had she known Dorit and PK were in fact going through a rough patch, she would have read (LIED about) a different Bravo marriage?

The pretend amnesia episode! We’ve heard so many stories since then. Toms accident. His meanness. The Pasadena snow storm. The hormones for weight loss. It’s kind funny that she had Teddi in tears outraged that someone would suggest she lies.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

I don't think Kyle and family are doing this for a story line so much as they understand everything they do IS a storyline, and may require retakes and some scripted context filming and things like that. So I do think the scenes are coming off as a little weird, and I think it's because the emotions are real and the basic scenarios are real, but it probably happened largely off camera, and now they need to bring it on camera.

I am really surprised they brought Mo's parents into it. But I believe the parents were told ahead of time that the marriage issues were to be discussed because they brought it up on camera, and I have the sense that they wouldn't have done that on their own.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, chlban said:

. I think she somehow got involved with the tattooed Country singer-which I admit I would be mildly interested in hearing about because I cannot imagine how those two ever crossed paths

My guess would be right around the time Mo got the call asking to be on DWTS, Kyle scrambled to find herself some way to stay in the spotlight. She probably had her people scouring looking for something to make her just as famous as him, they found the music video auditions, Kyle doesn’t want to audition so she “stalks” the singer, they become friends, and viola! Now who’s outshining who? Remember, Kyle has that evil Kris Jenner BFF to use as a reference on how to remain relevant (a la sex scandal). And their kids are totally embroiled in reality tv world between HW and his show, so they too will do anything to keep the $$ flowing. 

• Like 3
On 11/3/2023 at 6:58 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Oh, no. I would never do that. I was just analyzing Dorit’s words and trying to be neutral. If I have over sixty dollars in my wallet, I fuse my bag to my body!

Hell, if I have $5 in my wallet, I do the same. 😂

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
On 11/3/2023 at 10:26 AM, AnnMarie17 said:

Water would be beautiful....water would be everything...

Sweet jeezus, could she not just ask for a glass of water?!  She irritated me with the over-the-top way she greeted Sutton and then immediately again with the freakin' water request.  If we never ever see her again it will still be too soon.  Plus her shoes didn't go with her outfit.

I think the biggest change in Kyle is one year of sobriety.  Not having alcohol to dull things can change EVERYTHING.  She could focus on her girls, buy a never ending parade of new shit, produce terrible shows, fight with her sisters, and have many margaritas to take her mind off of any unhappiness with her life.  Now her girls are grown, the terrible show was canceled, she's still buying new shit, the margaritas are gone...and she's left with a big empty house and a husband who works 24/7 and most likely cheats. She's PISSED and nothing will take the edge off of it now.  Whoever called her a teenager nailed it, IMO.  She never learned how to be an adult so she's an asshole teenager with a million grudges and millions of dollars.  Let me pull up a chair 'cause this shit show should be entertaining! 

The private plane, the Berkin bags, the $3k bday gifts...these people are LOADED (or at least pretending to be) and that is what I'm here for.  After NYC and OC it feels so good to have a cast with multiple WEALTHY people...back to the eye porn, please (that is in reference to material goods, Ericka, I'm not looking for actual porn, ya grifting moron). 

Yeah, I don't think Kim was the only one in that family with a troubled alcohol relationship.  

On 11/3/2023 at 10:54 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

And the people who stole from them are never caught .. it’s just the odds of this happening year after year to the same people  have to be astronomical IF it’s real.. like is it the same 3 guys all all the times are they calling their theif buddy’s going well If you need a SUPER easy mark there’s always PK and Dorit? Again this is my personal opinion on this .. I’m just not buying it anymore 

Or they contact you and try to sell you your stuff back.  Oh yeah, that was Kyle.  I don't believe ANY of the robberies on this show.

• Like 7
On 11/2/2023 at 12:35 PM, eclectcmoi said:

My take on Kyle and Mo... Kyle seems very, very angry and anger like that often comes from betrayal.  I know this from my own past.  I'm not saying Mo cheated because I don't know for sure, but I think her anger is more than just him overextending himself with work.  Her -  I'm going to do what I want to do attitude and spilling that secret about Mo's tattoo to his mother to get him in trouble, then the change in how she looks... it all adds up to me. 

I was of the mind that what we heard before the show aired was all for a storyline.  Now though... We are seeing she does not like or respect Mo anymore.  At all.  Something happened to cause that and I don't think it's just a long term marriage disconnect.  

Kyle is not a good enough actress to pull off what we're seeing. 

100% agree with you.  I don't think it's a fake story line.  I think Mo got busted with another woman.

• Like 8

There was a blind item claiming that the husband of a West Coast housewife was spending a lot of time hanging around a production office, implying an affair or a lot of flirting. Speculation at the time was Mauricio or PK. The timeline matches Mauricio's involvement with production of his own reality TV show and perhaps also with production of DWTS. He also spends a lot of time in Mexico for his business.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5

I know this has been rehashed enough, but on second watch of the episode, I noticed that Dorit never said she put the $10k in the handbag that was stolen from her shopping cart; she alluded to it, but never stated it. Not that I don't trust her; no, that's it...

• Useful 4
On 11/3/2023 at 6:21 PM, SweetieDarling said:

You may be onto something. Were there 3 (very polite) guys (who, ever so gently, placed her phone at the end of the driveway) during the gunpoint robbery? I kind of think i remember there were. Anyone remember?

I hope the feds are quietly investigating her/them. Is it wrong that I am eagerly awaiting another sprinter van SWAT event a la SLC?- granted the Kemsley fraud is nothing compared to what Jen Shah was up to, but a girl can dream 

@RealHousewife

@Keywestclubkid

The robbers from the first burglary in 2018 were caught, tried, and convicted. They targeted famous people like Adam Lambert, and Usher.

https://www.realitytea.com/2023/11/07/what-happened-to-dorit-kemsleys-robbers/

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 4
On 11/4/2023 at 3:53 PM, janiema said:

I liked the show too and was disappointed that it didn’t get a second season. It’s too bad that Kyle originally billed it as being based on her family growing up. That pissed off her sisters. I don’t blame them. I would not want a show about my family told from the point of view of one of my siblings. But the show was quite different and I liked it. 

She told her sisters that it was very loosely based on the family story, but they didn't believe her, or watched it, and got angry anyway. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure what is going on with Kyle and Mauricio, but Kyle appears to be resentful toward him (she said his job is his whole life), and kind of sad. Something might have happened, but who knows if, or when. 

PK is gross, but he was funny in the previous episode when he was talking about the HWs with the spiritual healers. 

• Like 2
On 11/2/2023 at 11:21 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Jenna Effin Lyons wore Levi’s to the RHoNY reunion. 

And Erin in an earlier episode. Lightwashed ones. 

Levi's were trendy in the 1980s and early 1990s, then fell out of favor for some time until recently.

Edited by ZettaK
13 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

And Erin on an earlier episode. Lightwashed ones. 

Levi's were trendy in the 1980s and early 1990s, then fell out of favor for some time until recently.

Really?!?

I thought that they have always been Classic American Respected.

I myself have an aversion for Wrangler and Lee.

When Levi’s fell out of favor, what was the number one jean company? 

• Like 4
On 11/4/2023 at 9:34 AM, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, what 50+ year old man is worried about his mother's reaction to him having a tattoo?  

They're Jewish and it's pretty strongly discouraged in most traditions - perhaps even more strongly in Mexico?  His reaction seemed genuine, like Kyle knew it would be a problem and intentionally revealed something they would have no way to know about otherwise.  And that even if they're not in a good place, that was below the belt. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

I was surprised to learn from the intro sequence that Crystal is still a regular member of the cast. Totally assumed she was a "Friend Of" after her sparse showing in episode #1. 

I am not a Kyle Richards fan at all, but she seems to be legitimately going through something, and it's hard to watch. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2