Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

The rumor about Angie's marriage has a ripple effect in the group; Meredith finds comfort in her family after a traumatic incident on the road; old issues between Lisa and Heather resurface; Monica's parenting is called into question by her mother.

Airdate: 10.10.2023

• Like 1

Mary is on this show for comedic relief. That’s the only reason. 
I feel bad for Angie’s husband being stereotyped for being a hairdresser. That’s so wrong. Not liking Meredith right now. Never did anyway. 
Monica’s five year old still has a paci, drinks from a bottle and says boner and of course Monica thinks that’s cute and funny. 

• Like 14
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Love 1

This conversation between Monica and her mom, the apple didn’t fall too far from the tree didn’t it? 
Mary is on WWHL next, Andy better ask her why she isn’t participating on the show, that was the number one question to ask Mary from fans on FB. 

• Like 9

Monica's Mom-yikes!  At first, I thought, Sighhh here we go-another grown adult whining about their childhood, but saying 'I hate your f'ing guts' to your own child? Wow. Then, laughing about it. Right after the prayer lecture yet.

• Like 13
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2

Monica is the one now repeating the rumor again to Lisa and Heather. Meredith may have alluded to vwoumas and nastiness about her huzzbin, but she did not say the specifics on camera! Hell, I don’t think she even said this off camera. I think she said she knows things and Monica just knew what the rumor was because she heard it too, as according to Heather, anyone wearing a cardigan would be rumored to be gay in Utah.

This is now making me have to defend Meredith here that everyone’s all worked up about her spreading rumors, but it’s 100% Monica. Well, Monica as the front, but i also think Whitney made her say this all on camera and now she’s trying to convince Angie that Monica was “being a good friend” by being the one to tell her on camera! A real friend would tell you off camera.

How is Lisa making everything about herself?  Angie’s huzzbin vwoumas was nothing compared to what Meredith did to her. And now she’s angry that Heather apologized to Angie but not to her. There’s a difference between trying to relate similar experiences to your friends to demonstrate understanding and empathy—and just outright narcissism. Not to mention she was the “victim” because her party was ruined. Naked pictures?!? Now she’s really spiraling.

it’s just as bad to drink diet Coke as it is to hit it with your neighbor? I feel like there should be different degrees of sins here, like misdemeanor sin vs felony sin.

Damn! The editors really did Meredith dirty by putting “accident” in quotation marks after her harrowing tale of how she nearly went off a cliff and died, but instead the driver gently stopped next to the snow. Ok, the gang is right about her making up dramatic stories! I’m not sure whether that was to distract us from the accusations at the party or this moment of Brooks coming out on camera.

Another episode with a McDonald’s filet o’ fish. This is some odd product placement. Don’t get nana a Diet Coke, or she’ll have to atone for her sins. Oh, no, the seniors are playing for a Coca-Cola! For shame!

Why are Monica and her mother having this conversation/fight in the senior center? You are an embarrassment to nana. How’s she going to show her face at the next card game?

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 9

People seem quite frightened of Mary.  ALL of them.

andy included 

or am I reading this totally wrong and they think she’s hilarious or something

Edited by JohnnyU
  • Like 13

Before watching the show, my initial reaction is that of disgust over the underlying homophobia of these housewives and gay rumors.  

Also, I've questioned Monica's parenting only because of her almost gleeful bragging of cheating with her brother in law, her emotional immaturity, and her toxicity in general.   I guess generational trauma is a thing.

Lisa vs Heather... the fued I've been waiting for, but always was interrupted by Jen Shah, who should never have lasted on the cast beyond the first season.

I'll have more thoughts once I actually watch the episode.

• Like 7
6 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

andy included 

I can’t understand it either.  I don’t find her funny at all.  She is an ignorant, uncouth, entitled, sad woman.  She spends all her time in her closet with her designer clothing.  

I felt terrible for Shawn, that was sad.

• Like 16
  • Applause 6
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

Why is Brooks driving a car while wearing ski goggles? 

Someone must have told him that he couldn't be more hated, and he said, "Hold my beer . . ." 🤣

50 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

This conversation between Monica and her mom, the apple didn’t fall too far from the tree didn’t it? 

They're such fakers - if you wonder if your daughter, who has kids in middle and high school, is planning to "raise her children in the church" - the answer is obviously NO.  And then using Language in Nana's special place!  For shame!  They're as trashy as Mary Cosby, calling a food service worker lazy as she heads back home to eat pizza in her closet.

18 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Damn! The editors really did Meredith dirty by putting “accident” in quotation marks after her harrowing tale of how she nearly went off a cliff and died, but instead the driver gently stopped next to the snow. Ok, the gang is right about her making up dramatic stories! I’m not sure whether that was to distract us from the accusations at the party or this moment of Brooks coming out on camera.

Haha it was to distract from the party accusations - Brooks "came out on camera" last year, when he and the gruesome Seth chatted about the type of guys they'd like to date.  (Mysteriously, no mention was made of Seth's Taint in this conversation 😂😂😂)

• Wink 1
  • LOL 17
3 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Meredith can't sit still for two seconds. She's always twitching.  Like a tweaker.

Something seems off altogether this season, particularly the slurring or whatever the hell is going on with her speech wise.

Every one of these women has gone downhill in what they are presenting since the first season. Well, perhaps not so much Mary who seems to be the same weirdo that she seemed to be since she first appeared on our tv screens and Lisa who remains as self-inflated and self-absorbed since day one...hard for either to have gotten worse than they already were. Heather was a fan favorite...heavy emphasis on the was. Whitney seemed basically harmless until she switched to shit-stirring and victimhood. Meredith initially appeared to have some modicum of class...what happened?  Now we have Angie...did you know she's Greek?  Don't worry, she'll remind you every chance she gets. Monica started strong and has gone on to erode that with each episode and each new revelation...and her Nana is not entertaining. If I want to see a cranky old lady I can visit my mother. The only reason I watch is to fully enjoy the podcasts that mock them all.

Edited by ichbin
  • Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4

I felt don't  for Angie's husband.  But it didn't  sound like anything  new, homophobic  lot. I know a couple of guys that own salons, nobody  says they are gay. Monica's mom isn't a nice person, Monica  does  okay with her children,  is she perfect, no ,neither am I.

That was a close call Meridith  had, hmm glad she's okay, but maybe think about karma,  miss M..

• Like 1

How is the rumor Meredith’s fault? Monica brought it up on camera and in such a crass way. The same way she announced her fling with her family member. Why is everything going on with her today her moms fault? She’s the one who ruined her family. Why was she on food stamps? Where is the ex husband? 
Mary basically fat shamed Monica for eating at the event then demanded food and was rude about it. I don’t mind her commentary but I would never want to hang out with such a miserable bitch. 
I don’t know, I didn’t like how they went for Angie’s husband but why was he crying? He had to realize what this show would entail. What size is her bed? It looks enormous.

• Like 11

Was the apres no ski party held in the corner of the ski lodge bar? When Angie in her bizarre skin-tight jumpsuit and Meredith in her cape ensemble moved aside to talk, I noticed nearly everyone in the background was wearing jeans and flannel. These women looked like side show freaks in their "fashion" compared to everyone else.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 11
10 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Monica’s five year old still has a paci, drinks from a bottle and says boner and of course Monica thinks that’s cute and funny. 

I also noticed Monica tying one of the older children's shoe. Mama might want to be concerned about more than whether or not they're being raised Mormon.

And, btw Monica, if you don't want people walking into your house, lock the damned door like a normal person!

• Like 8

The husband’s crying was odd, but maybe he’s just a sensitive guy.  

Angie, though, for real, stop.-it’s not cool to spread cheating rumors in any group, that’s not exclusive to Greece lmao

The rumors don’t matter until they’re given life on camera. Meredith, as annoying as she is, didn’t do that. Thirsty Monica and Whitney did. 

Monica and her Mom are so weird. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

I think Mary is a damn asshole, but I don't know how much of that is her fault. I'm no doctor and so I am not about to attempt to diagnose a person who I don't even know, but in my -- again untrained! -- opinion is that something is up and that maybe this kind of TV job is not good for her mental health. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, ichbin said:

Meredith initially appeared to have some modicum of class...what happened?

The "classy ones" across all housewives shows eventually plop down in the gutter because they need the Bravo paycheck.

12 hours ago, Pi237 said:

They all treat Mary with kid gloves for some reason.

Mary is protected and enabled by production. The others understand that and are forced to follow along. They probably resent her special treatment but can't break the 4th wall.

Somebody bring a firehose. Monica's mother is as thirsty as Monica is.

I think Mary is a damn asshole, but I don't know how much of that is her fault.

I've thought all along that Mary is heavily medicated and has odd obsessions that devolve into avoidant behavior, especially other people ("You smell like hospital"). She has very limited happiness, primarily junk food and sparkly clothes. She only feels secure in her own home and the defunct church. It's obvious she is severely mentally ill, probably a trauma survivor, and so even as I loathe her charlatan ways I feel sorry for her. If her church-income stream has been cut off, then she probably took the Bravo work for much-needed cash. Which she will probably spend on clothes.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I am also not a medical professional, but the utter lack of social niceties under the umbrella of just telling the truth, social avoidance, lack of emotional expression (aside from disinterest/disgust), and refusal to participate in anything they don’t consider 100% their idea of fun, I think Mary is on the Autism spectrum.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3

I'm also wondering if the women were told Mary is coming back but you are not allowed to ask her anything about her grandpa-husband or her church. Otherwise why the heck are these women putting up with her? I know I shouldn't be surprised but she gets worse every episode. There was no reason for her to speak to the catering staff like that. This was a party, not a restaurant. The guy said they didn't have pizza boxes so it had to go in a smaller box. He's probably seen the show and watched Mary microwave her eggs after Whitney made them a few seasons ago so he was afraid to touch her food. So she calls him lazy? No more Mary.

What is up with Monica's mom? What a horrible way to speak to your daughter.

I don't care for Angie but I felt bad for Shawn when he broke down. 

I laughed at Monica's older daughter face palming after the younger sister said boner. I also giggled at Brooks running with the snow shoes. 

Edited by MaggieG
  • Like 9
7 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I don’t know, I didn’t like how they went for Angie’s husband but why was he crying? He had to realize what this show would entail.

Since he seems to have agreed to be one of the husbands who sits down for chats with his wife, ready to feign interest in every nasty thing these ladies do, I wondered if he was surprised that it turned out to be about him!  As for Electra seeing it - only if she watches these shows.  I have to roll my eyes about the way all housewives carry on about their "reputations" - they're not movie stars or royalty.  I doubt very much anyone else gives that much of a care about them.

• Like 4

I also wonder if maybe Mary maybe doesn't even truly know that her charlatan ways are charlatan ways. If she was raised by people she trusted but who weren't trustworthy, she could have warped perceptions that she believes are correct and just.

• Like 6

I still think Whitney is behind so much of the gossip.  She stirs the pot and gets stuff said on screen that the others have hinted at off screen. 

I do not understand why Meredith has the weird accents.  I also wish her idiot son Brooks would stay off my screen.   

• Like 15
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I also wonder if maybe Mary maybe doesn't even truly know that her charlatan ways are charlatan ways. If she was raised by people she trusted but who weren't trustworthy, she could have warped perceptions that she believes are correct and just.

It is possible.. but she was forcing elderly people on fixed income (using the fear of God) into giving her money, having ordinary working people remortgage their homes, which she used to buy homes and plastic surgery and ugly designer clothes.  She knew what she was doing was horrible and wrong.  

She’s one of the dumbest people I’ve ever seen on tv but she knew.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 7
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

It is possible.. but she was forcing elderly people on fixed income (using the fear of God) into giving her money, having ordinary working people remortgage their homes, which she used to buy homes and plastic surgery and ugly designer clothes.  She knew what she was doing was horrible and wrong.  

She’s one of the dumbest people I’ve ever seen on tv but she knew.  

💯 She is a dirty, unconscionable charlatan who should be in jail. How is someone so spiteful, hateful, and nasty associated with God in any way? Furthermore, you don't get to stand in judgment of ANYONE when you're laid up on your grandpappy's ding-a-ling. GROSS.

• Like 8
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 6
2 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I still think Whitney is behind so much of the gossip.  She stirs the pot and gets stuff said on screen that the others have hinted at off screen. 

You are definitely right, but Meredith knows that once she brings up "rumors" someone will make sure they get out there, so she doesn't get a pass from me even if she didn't say them.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Why is Brooks on my TV screen?

Because it's getting to the point that no one wants to film with Meredith anymore.  She also needed the sads to be able to tell her story of the near-end of her life.

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
On 10/10/2023 at 11:56 PM, ichbin said:

Something seems off altogether this season, particularly the slurring or whatever the hell is going on with her speech wise.

I don't know what she's on but it's affecting her speech and her face. It looks puffy in some of the scenes. 

This was a disjointed, weird episode that seemed even more staged than usual. 

I think there is something up with Angie's marriage and that's why her husband cried. We're not seeing everything. Most of these shows don't show you what is really going on. We find out later when they're off camera. 

Lisa's ego has grown throughout the seasons. Mary is horrible and adds nothing to this show. The women are afraid of her because her moods shift with the wind. They don't know what she'll say or do at any moment. Mary is either on some serious drugs or mentally ill IMO. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

that's why her husband cried

I think his tears were a rare genuine emotion compared to the scripted histrionics we usually see (looking at you Meredith). He seemed genuinely anguished at the knowledge that his child will suffer because of the consequences of her parents being on reality TV. Also, I think he was ambushed on camera with the announcement - from his own wife - that his sexuality was being discussed on camera.

Is it worth it Angie?

• Like 7
  • Applause 8
On 10/10/2023 at 10:25 PM, JohnnyU said:

andy included 

I'm also afraid of Mary....

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
On 10/10/2023 at 9:39 PM, Straycat80 said:

Why is Brooks driving a car while wearing ski goggles? 

That whole scene was really hard to watch.  Between the two of them, the vocal fry/valley girl "accents" were unbearable.  It has to be exhausting to talk with that affectation all the time!  It sounds like it hurts!  They are ridiculous humans.  And the way that he called her the best Mom ever (or something like that), and the way she replied was confusing.  I couldn't figure out if there was underlying sarcasm.  It was all very strange.  Made stranger by the fact that he was driving around wearing ski goggles, because he's just crazy like that, you guys!  Gag me.

On 10/10/2023 at 10:24 PM, JenE4 said:

Monica is the one now repeating the rumor again to Lisa and Heather. Meredith may have alluded to vwoumas and nastiness about her huzzbin, but she did not say the specifics on camera! Hell, I don’t think she even said this off camera. I think she said she knows things and Monica just knew what the rumor was because she heard it too, as according to Heather, anyone wearing a cardigan would be rumored to be gay in Utah.

This is now making me have to defend Meredith here that everyone’s all worked up about her spreading rumors, but it’s 100% Monica. Well, Monica as the front, but i also think Whitney made her say this all on camera and now she’s trying to convince Angie that Monica was “being a good friend” by being the one to tell her on camera! A real friend would tell you off camera.

How is Lisa making everything about herself?  Angie’s huzzbin vwoumas was nothing compared to what Meredith did to her. And now she’s angry that Heather apologized to Angie but not to her. There’s a difference between trying to relate similar experiences to your friends to demonstrate understanding and empathy—and just outright narcissism. Not to mention she was the “victim” because her party was ruined. Naked pictures?!? Now she’s really spiraling.

it’s just as bad to drink diet Coke as it is to hit it with your neighbor? I feel like there should be different degrees of sins here, like misdemeanor sin vs felony sin.

Another episode with a McDonald’s filet o’ fish. This is some odd product placement. Don’t get nana a Diet Coke, or she’ll have to atone for her sins. Oh, no, the seniors are playing for a Coca-Cola! For shame!

Why are Monica and her mother having this conversation/fight in the senior center? You are an embarrassment to nana. How’s she going to show her face at the next card game?

This whole post was spot on, and CRACKING ME UP!  But the huzzbin vwoumas really sent me over the edge 😄  Thank you!

On 10/11/2023 at 7:45 AM, SweetieDarling said:

Was the apres no ski party held in the corner of the ski lodge bar? When Angie in her bizarre skin-tight jumpsuit and Meredith in her cape ensemble moved aside to talk, I noticed nearly everyone in the background was wearing jeans and flannel. These women looked like side show freaks in their "fashion" compared to everyone else.

Sideshow freaks, indeed!  I was looking at Angie in that ridiculous getup, just shaking my head. She looks like such a parody.  Like my girl Luann says, money can't buy you class (I'll add, or taste).

On 10/11/2023 at 10:10 AM, pasdetrois said:

I've thought all along that Mary is heavily medicated and has odd obsessions that devolve into avoidant behavior, especially other people ("You smell like hospital"). She has very limited happiness, primarily junk food and sparkly clothes. She only feels secure in her own home and the defunct church. It's obvious she is severely mentally ill, probably a trauma survivor, and so even as I loathe her charlatan ways I feel sorry for her. If her church-income stream has been cut off, then she probably took the Bravo work for much-needed cash. Which she will probably spend on clothes.

If my grandmother left me her husband in her will, I would consider myself still in active trauma. Barf. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 3

What the actual fuck, Meredith? You've just told us that you survived your car hitting a snow bank, but now you let your idiotic son drive the car, wearing massive ski glasses. First of all, he looks like a moron, and second of all, and more importantly, his peripheral vision is seriously compromised. You think that's safe while driving?

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

While Mary largely annoys me, I could at least see at times how others might find her wacky enough to be amused by her antics. However, when she was being an asshat to the person working the event that was it for me. It's one thing for the other housewives to have to deal with one another's antics, but being rude to people just doing their jobs is not okay and not acceptable as "entertainment". If Mary returns next season, I'm out.

• Like 12
  • Applause 3

Pretty sure Lisa’s son is doing a mission because he doesn’t want to go to college. 

I don’t find Mary that funny she’s a bitch who thinks shes better than everyone. She was just bitching about someone eating too much then she’s going off about being hungry. She just sucks.

Whitney is such a shit stirrer.

I thought I didn’t mind Monica but I actually don’t like her at all she’s so try hard.

I don’t get why Lisa is mad at Heather now it’s so weird.

Meredith is insane. She always has some excuse. Why is stupid Brooks driving with ski goggles on. Such a fake ass family.

Heather is being real about Jack’s mission. Whitney is being fake as fuck.

I think Angie and her husband do have an agreement honestly lol.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
7 hours ago, Marley said:

I don’t find Mary that funny she’s a bitch who thinks shes better than everyone. She was just bitching about someone eating too much then she’s going off about being hungry. She just sucks.

Mary just sits there high and mighty and criticizes one person after another.  Monica eats too much, and it's not nutritious (A bagful of McDonalds is?), Heather's necklace doesn't match her outfit (have you looked in the mirror, Mary?), Whitney looks tacky...  It goes on and on.  On WWHL, she was asked to critique other housewives' fashion and she didn't compliment one look!  I would hate to be one of her parishioners if she has no love or grace for others.  She must treat them like dirt.

• Like 6
  • Love 1