Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E06: My Big Fat Alabama Baptism

• Start Topic

Anxiety reaches an all-time high as the Thores arrive in Alabama to meet Angie, Glenn's long-lost daughter. When Whitney starts a friendly competition with her niece and nephews, Glenn worries Whitney's competitive nature will be too much for their new family.

Original air date 2023.10.10

I’m really annoyed that whitney made Glen put on one of those stupid shirts… he’s not a grandpa or a greatgrandpa. Biologically yes, but in all the ways that count? He’s not. Not saying he won’t be, but right now he’s not. He’s clearly nervous and her stupid shirts are just wanting her to take control. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1

Pet peeve- Angie is not Glenn's "Eldest Daugher", she is his eldest biological child and between she and Whitney, she is the elder of the two daughters. Come on TLC, that's middle school grammer. Only part way through, hate that they are filming this private family reunion for all to see. Boundaries Thore family.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
Just now, BAForever said:

Pet peeve- Angie is not Glenn's "Eldest Daugher", she is his eldest biological child and between she and Whitney, she is the elder of the two daughters. Come on TLC, that's middle school grammer. Only part way through, hate that they are filming this private family reunion for all to see. Boundaries Thore family.

They might be re-enacting their initial meeting though, my thoughts.

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, FurBabyMama said:

I’m really annoyed that whitney made Glen put on one of those stupid shirts… he’s not a grandpa or a greatgrandpa. Biologically yes, but in all the ways that count? He’s not. Not saying he won’t be, but right now he’s not. He’s clearly nervous and her stupid shirts are just wanting her to take control. 

She make Glen put on a grandpa t-shirt and she arrives in leggings and a sports bra. She has real clothing. She wears it during THs. Why can't she wear pants and a shirt like a normal person? Why is it always schlumpy workout clothing like spandex leggings and a sports bra?

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, JeanJean said:

I was very interested in seeing the deep talk Glenn was hoping to have. Then it turned into this bullshit beer pong  and dance-off with relentless shrieking and screaming.

The alpha-posturing between Twitney and her niece with the competitions, trying to one-up the other and the shrieking and screaming...... What an embarrassment. Glen was right to be worried about how Twit would behave. Act like an adult for pity's sake.

• Like 7
  • Applause 7
  • Love 2

I thought the niece was quite polite and good-natured, all things considered. I don't remember when I've found Whitney more obnoxious!  She may think she'll always "beat" that niece, but I bet that niece's fiance will actually marry her rather than impregnating his real girlfriend at an inconvenient time.  Points Jamie!! 🤣

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, Lurk said:

The alpha-posturing between Twitney and her niece with the competitions, trying to one-up the other and the shrieking and screaming...... What an embarrassment. Glen was right to be worried about how Twit would behave. Act like an adult for pity's sake.

Seriously. If I were Angie, I'd be really annoyed at this bossy, shrieking person who storms in and tries to dominate the whole family. Whitney seems to think she needs to be alpha in any situation. I guess that makes some sense  since it's her show, but the gracious thing for her to do here would have been to take a back seat to Glenn and Angie. Didn't she hog Glenn for the dance contest? Please, someone make the screeching stop!

50 minutes ago, Lurk said:

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Good Lord, Angie looks like Glenn with a wig on!  She also looks like a very aged Holly Hunter.  I hope she and Glenn can become close without interference from Whitney's attention hogging ass!  

• Like 5
7 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Gawd! Whitney is her usually obnoxious, loud, bossy self! 

I can't believe she's already referring to  Jamie as "bitch".  It's really embarrassing seeing her try to compete with a twenty something young lady she's just met.  She can't just check her over inflated ego at the door and let Glenn get to know his new family on his own.  Leave it to that spoiled attention whore to make the whole thing about her.  I can't dislike her more after the way she behaved after that "dance off"!  The mean spirited way she acted made me so angry.  Everyone else was doing it for lighthearted fun but she had to make it all serious like she was winning a prize or something.  Way to bond with your niece butthole!  I hope she saw this episode and heard her dad say how disappointed he was in her.  

Edited by swankie
Clarified a thought.
  • Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

Well, I could only watch for a few minutes-I just cannot deal with this person anymore. So bossy, rude, and LOUD! I saw the part where they were on the party bus and then at the bar playing beer pong. Twit sneering and acting like the ass she is when her team lost-Sweet Baby Jesus-does everything have to be about her and how great she is? Oh, I forgot-yes it does. And what the hell was she wearing?? Can anybody fill me in about the dance contest that she was SO sure she would win? I couldn't take it anymore to watch the outcome. I'm done watching this crap fest, I will just come here to read the comments and enjoy the snark.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Angie’s house is gorgeous!

And there’s Whitney inserting ‘well, we Are in Alabama!’ Like it’s some backwards state of nitwits. I’m sure she was nervous, but she must have told Angie she looked just like Glenn about 100 times. And it never sounded like a compliment. Then, Angie zinged Hunter with, ‘you’re a lot smaller than I thought you’d be’ haha 

Hunter and Whitney are using thicker southern accents than their Alabama relatives. 

• Like 2

OMG Whitney is so insecure, it’s painful to watch.  She instantly had it out for Jaime-young, thin, and blonde, Jaime

I hate competitions. This is so stupid, but probably producer driven because what else would we watch? Whitney comparing Angie and Glenn’s ears for an hour? 

Edited by Pi237
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

That t-shirt was totally out of line.  We have an eerily similar situation in our family, my husband has a 50 year old son who just found him (hubs) 3 years ago.  While he is biologically the dad and grandpop and even great-grandpop - the adoptive parents hold that honor.  We have had major problems with the hub's siblings not recognizing these boundaries and it has caused serious problems with our children.  Whitney really needs to back off or there will be problems for Glenn.  

• Like 7

I was glad someone else made a comment on her "outfit" when they 1st met the family. Hugging ppl with all her sweaty armpits exposed!? It was the worst 1st impression she could give. She doesn't leave anything to the imagination in that workout stretch get up. In decent clothes she does hide some of her flaws....well a little bit. She actually does have a waist and looks better in a skirt and a top covering some of her upper arms. Total disrespect for Glenns new family!

• Like 7
  • Love 2

I wish Glenn would tell Whitney to her face that he is disappointed in her behavior.  She is so threatened by this whole situation that she is really acting out all over the place.

I just had this on in the background while I did other stuff and I feel dumber for just having it in the same room with me.  Getting bent out of shape over a game of beer pong (which when your pushing 40 is embarrassing) is not what I would want the world to see.  And the dance contest was stupid.  

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
22 hours ago, Lurk said:

She make Glen put on a grandpa t-shirt and she arrives in leggings and a sports bra. She has real clothing. She wears it during THs. Why can't she wear pants and a shirt like a normal person? Why is it always schlumpy workout clothing like spandex leggings and a sports bra?

Cause she wants to remind everyone she's an athlete!

• LOL 8

Glen really needs to grow a pair and flat out tell Whitney to back the he!! off managing his life and interfering with his relationship with Angie and her family. Twit is going to drive them apart from any relationship at all if she continues to be such an insecure a$$ about maybe not being the only daughter in Glen's life.

Let's face it Twit has been spoiled all her life and feels she is deserving of all honors/awards and adulation from everyone around her.  I think if she keeps up this behavior, Angie and her family are going to stay as far away as possible. Sad for Glen, and Twit has no clue she is going to really hurt her dad in the process.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2

You've all said it already.  She's acting out like a pathetic 40 year old toddler.  She mean-spiritedly attempts to reestablish herself (in her mind) as the top dog of this whole gathering because all these new relatives (especially the cute, young niece) are stealing her thunder.  Only that behavior is making her look worse than ever but she doesn't even know or care at this point.  It's so threatening to her that she's throwing a tantrum and taking the whole house down with her.

Engaging in a mean spirited pissing match with her much younger niece was one of the most pathetic things I've seen her do.   Getting fixated on her rather than getting to know her and the other new relatives shows how threatened she is by someone younger and more attractive than her.  It makes her insecure about herself so she has to attempt to steal the show and put herself back in a "better than" position.

Glenn is wimping out because she probably has him in a kind of emotional blackmail situation where if he really puts his foot down with her about any of her behavior he risks being banished from her life and the show or otherwise have his life made a living hell.  She's doing the same thing with him as she's done with pretty much all the "barnacles".  Unfortunately in Glenn's case, he's let her go on like this without any push back for so many years, to the point where I have to hold him at least partly responsible for creating and enabling this monster in the first place.

Now if my own mother ever had a daughter like her (which she likely never would because she would have done her best to knock that shit out of her before she ever got to be hat way) she'd do something like tell her she didn't want to talk to her and actually follow through on that until she stopped acting like a spoiled, immature brat that was embarrassing herself and the family.  And every time she started up with that crap again, drop her again. Threaten not to do the show and follow up on that no matter the loss of money, whatever it took.  It's obvious that this twit's family did not know how to deal with a toddler.

And cheers to the person who called out her horrible choice of attire for this gathering.  I think she built these people up her mind as some kind of knuckle dragging, swamp dwelling shit kickers but that was only her threatened ego attempting once again to put herself up and them down.  So she didn't want to have to feel pressured to respect any of them by dressing in a more appropriate manner because once again, it wouldn't be all about her in that case.  And of course she has to attempt to bring her own father down to that level with that awful inappropriate T shirt.

And that conversation in the car about "matching" people on their accents to "make friends" was only proof of her insecurity at work there.  Her brother told her to "be herself", well she hates herself and feels threatened by these people so she can't be herself.  And she doesn't even know or care how pathetic it makes her look to have to try to imitate them to get them to "like" her.  Meanwhile she can't just settle for people liking her, she has to dominate them and steal any attention away from them she can and put it back on herself even if she alienates herself from them and makes herself look like an ass in the process.  Just ugh.

• Like 10
  • Applause 4

What a shitshow.

I love Angie but jesus fuck lay off the eyeliner, woman! I'm absolutely impressed because in the Alabama humidity, that shit would've SLIDING down my damn face. So dated and tacky.

Shitney's outfits never fail to embarrass. She seemed almost overdressed at the line dancing but the outfit to meet her new family was like she rolled out of a yoga class or something.

I know they can't play licensed music but that line dance-off was frenetic and weird. I had no clue if anyone won because no one looked like they were on a beat at all.

Did anyone else catch the rough slap-shove that Jamie gave her fiancé on the back when he missed a point? 😳 Not cool.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

I love Angie but jesus fuck lay off the eyeliner, woman! I'm absolutely impressed because in the Alabama humidity, that shit would've SLIDING down my damn face. So dated and tacky.

Maybe it's tattooed.  Remember when that was a thing?  (Remember the consultant on Say Yes to the Dress with the tattooed lipliner?)

That's why you think long and hard before doing something permanent to your body, girls.  

• Like 5

Just a quick comment re the eyeliner tattooing. I had liner tattooed many, many years ago. It was a much finer line than Angie's but it didn't last and I had it done once more. The tattoo artist said eyelids are really fatty and the tattoo's do fade away eventually. That is something I would not want or will ever again, redo eyeliner tattoos multiple times...so not worth it!

• Useful 6
On 10/11/2023 at 7:16 PM, Meow Mix said:

I wish Glenn would tell Whitney to her face that he is disappointed in her behavior. 

Honestly, I think the time for Glenn (and Babs) to tell Whitney when they were disappointed in her behavior was starting when she was 3 years old. It's way too late now. She's a spoiled brat.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
7 hours ago, Quof said:

Maybe it's tattooed.  Remember when that was a thing?  (Remember the consultant on Say Yes to the Dress with the tattooed lipliner?)

That's why you think long and hard before doing something permanent to your body, girls.  

Ah yes, I remember Camille!

What bothers me about Angie's eyeliner is how harsh that stark black is against her very light coloring.  She would do better with a smoky, lightly smudged look in a lighter color like a brown.  And liner all the way around the eye is too harsh for her too.  She should leave some of the bottom nearest her nose unlined.  

Since we're getting into her makeup, I think she could benefit from some more cheek color.  I'll bet she shies away from that because with her light coloring she could look like a clown in a hot minute, but if she got some instruction on how to do a more subtle look she would look younger and less pallid.

One thing about Twitney is when she makes her face up it usually looks very good, but didn't I hear that either Ashley or Heather is a makeup artist and does her makeup?  I don't know where or when I heard that.

• Like 3
On 10/10/2023 at 6:16 PM, FurBabyMama said:

As pushy as Whitney is, Glenn still could have said no. 

• Like 9
On 10/11/2023 at 5:01 AM, swankie said:

I can't believe she's already referring to  Jamie as "bitch".  It's really embarrassing seeing her try to compete with a twenty something young lady she's just met.  She can't just check her over inflated ego at the door and let Glenn get to know his new family on his own.  Leave it to that spoiled attention whore to make the whole thing about her.  I can't dislike her more after the way she behaved after that "dance off"!  The mean spirited way she acted made me so angry.  Everyone else was doing it for lighthearted fun but she had to make it all serious like she was winning a prize or something.  Way to bond with your niece butthole!  I hope she saw this episode and heard her dad say how disappointed he was in her.  

I read a comment that said ‘All Jaime has to do is challenge Whitney to run a quick 100 meter dash.’

• Applause 3
  • LOL 7

How embarrassing for Glen.  His face said it all.     Her loud voice and laughing were annoying at best .   Cringe worthy af.     Poor Glen,  but he did raise her.    When they went swimming in the bay I was waiting for her to take off her top and announce to everyone about it. 

Why is she so competitive?  I'd be embarrassed to look like she does with all those thin people.  She stuck out so much,    and not in a good way. If I was that neice, I'd say, let's have a looking in the mirror competition.....Ughh

• Mind Blown 1
On 10/10/2023 at 9:00 PM, princelina said:

She may think she'll always "beat" that niece, but I bet that niece's fiance will actually marry her rather than impregnating his real girlfriend at an inconvenient time.  Points Jamie!! 🤣

Ohhh shiiiit, shots fired!

(My own niece was just married last weekend and it was lovely, everyone was thrilled for the happy couple.)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Holy crap, I can’t even believe I was able to watch ANY of that with her fake accent and hijacking of the entire meetup.  

I cringed so hard when she called Jamie “bitch” - ugh, if that were my child and my sister called her that right after meeting, that would not have sat well at all.  (And I have the mouth of a trucker)

Ugh, poor Glenn.  I hope he and Angie will be “allowed” to have a relationship APART from Whitney, not under the watch and the thumb of Whitney…

• Like 4
On 10/16/2023 at 3:08 PM, suev3333 said:

Why is she so competitive?  I'd be embarrassed to look like she does with all those thin people.  She stuck out so much,    and not in a good way. If I was that neice, I'd say, let's have a looking in the mirror competition.....Ughh

Oh, that doesn't bother Twitney because she has blah blah blipidy blip condition so that's why she's fat; not bad eating habits. 🙄

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
On 10/11/2023 at 10:34 AM, Pi237 said:

OMG Whitney is so insecure, it’s painful to watch.  She instantly had it out for Jaime-young, thin, and blonde, Jaime

I hate competitions. This is so stupid, but probably producer driven because what else would we watch? Whitney comparing Angie and Glenn’s ears for an hour? 

I would have paid good money to see Glen and Angie hand Whitney reservation paperwork for the local Holiday Inn, with a STRONG suggestion that she go park it there for a coupld of days so they could get acquainted.

• Like 5