Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E16: Welcome to the Freak Show

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Ss55 said:

And I don't even like Heather but have been virtually high fiving her the last couple of episodes based on her interactions with Taylor and Tamra.  Taylor should not have gotten wasted - she was doing so well until this very last episode! 

This… Tamra is so awful that she actually makes Heather likable in comparison… it’s funny and scary at the same time .. this is literally the only season where I have defended Heather it’s like we are in a bizzaro world or something lol

• Like 20
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

The only slightly amusing moment of this episode for me was when they put up the circus poster graphics with “John Jannssen in a Suit.” I don’t know why that made me chuckle—something about that being in quotation marks really tickled me. Come on, John was a better sport than Terry’s event staff T-shirt or Emily’s husband’s stick of butter T-shirt. But, man, the Ocean County Party City and Spirit Halloween were cleaned out of the lion tamer/ringmaster red jackets.

• LOL 10
11 hours ago, dosodog said:

Dr. Tim was icky.  If he'd dropped it down a couple of notches, he wouldn't have been so bad.  But yeesh!  I wouldn't let him do a pelvic adjustment in a million years.

I believe this is the same guy Shannon went to a few years ago about her weight loss.  Why would she go to a chiropractor for a weight problem?  I also thought he was creepy and inappropriate.

• Like 8

The surest way to know if someone said something about you, is when you ask “Did you say this about me?”

and their first response is: “Do you really think I’d say that about you?”

yep, you said that. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3

tumblr_inline_ml0wkvcOSE1qz4rgp.gif

I used to be on fondant bow eating Sara Winchester's side, and now I'm on Heather's.

IS THIS THE WORLD WE LIVE IN?

Heather's impression of drunk Taylor was spot on  - and we could also say a perfect impression of Bethenny TikTok ranting

• Like 15
1 hour ago, Emmeline said:

I believe this is the same guy Shannon went to a few years ago about her weight loss.  Why would she go to a chiropractor for a weight problem?  I also thought he was creepy and inappropriate.

Chiropractors are quacks.  And it always looks scary to me when they adjust people's necks. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Pi237 said:

When Emily said “she called us all losers!”

why didn’t Gina say-no, she didn’t. ??

And when Terry asked Gina (who apparently was the host?) to please go help his wife when Tamra was all in her face, Gina also declined to defend Heather.  

I'm not sure if Gina is afraid of getting on Tamra's list or if she's really just a crappy friend to Heather.   Either way, I'm over it.  

I thought the costumes were good; Emily and Shane's were particularly clever. 

Taylor should go find a suitcase and crawl in it.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
32 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

And when Terry asked Gina (who apparently was the host?) to please go help his wife when Tamra was all in her face, Gina also declined to defend Heather.  

I'm not sure if Gina is afraid of getting on Tamra's list or if she's really just a crappy friend to Heather.   Either way, I'm over it.  

I thought the costumes were good; Emily and Shane's were particularly clever. 

Taylor should go find a suitcase and crawl in it.  

She didn't actually decline as much as she said (paraphrased) "she's got this all on her own"  Which is exactly what I would do in her case.  I'd stand back, keep an eye on the conversation and intervene if it all started going south.

Heather had it and handed Tamera her ass on a platter, all by being quiet and polite.  It was a masterclass in a quiet smackdown.

• Like 12
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2

The thing is, I think that probably Heather can be a little snobby so if they had focused their criticisms on that, they would have probably engendered more sympathy from the viewers.

But instead, it was "well, she was talking about Shannon's relationship" (when Shannon was talking to everyone about her relationship); "she said Shannon wasn't 'all in' on her relationship" (which isn't even what she said but regardless, Shannon has just used different words to say she wasn't "all in"); "she dared to say that Gina and Nicky might have something in common because they are both pursuing real estate licenses," (grow up, Gina); "she dared to have soup and not tell us" (what even was that, Taylor?); and so on and so forth. 

They were trying too hard and it failed because they tried too hard. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

When Heather said in her talking head that if Tamra wants to be top dog, have at it.  She should have said that to her face and in front of the cameras.  When someone tells you "you win", it doesn't give you power, it takes it away.  There's no response to it.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Pi237 said:
13 hours ago, dmeets said:

Was Shannon’s doctor the same guy who “wow”’ed while taking photos of her wait gain a few years back? Dick.

I would’ve fired that guy on the spot. And he was just as gross here. I swear, these women hire a lot of charlatans.  

I think that guy was her personal trainer. I remember that scene and I thought that was a real ***hole thing to say. She already felt bad about the weight gain and he was just making her feel worse.

• Like 5

So Heather plays the podcast clip for Gina and Gina's response "if you're my friend you should be telling me." You were ignoring her after last season! She immediately believes Heather called her a loser but when H proves Tamra said it, it's "oh it probably wasn't malicious." I don't understand Gina at all with this. 

Emily accusing Gina of making excuses for Heather but she's making excuses for Tamra. Then they say Gina is heater-merized, when they all are Tamra-merized. Emily expresses insecurities about being called a loser but refuses to believe Tamra said it and is trying to make Heather apologize when she didn't say it.

Tamrat was clearly trying to wind up Heather by doing the finger thing in her face, maybe hoping Heather would throw her drink and Heather handled her perfectly. 

Does anyone else watch this on Peacock? I do and for some reason all season it hasn't been the regular episodes but it's called never before scene. They have the episode and add a few NBS clips. Which is fine but in this episode they cut out all of Taylor's drunk ranting. I saw the Taylor clips on Twitter. And Peacock isn't giving me the option of just watching the regular episodes. And it's only RHOC, it's just a little weird.

• Like 10
  • Useful 4

Shannon has for years had an obsession with enemas and her bowels. I believe she takes enemas becaue she believes that it will help her lose weight. 

She admitted that her businesses were not providing a profit but breaking even. So she invests more money into the colonic business. She is going to blow through every dime that she has with these stupid schemes like lemon water and colonics.

The Cleveland clinic has a good article on the use of colonics. they are not recommended and can be harmful. Basicaly it says that colons cleanse themselves. Wouldn't they have to get some type of government approval to market this device? Someone is going to do serious damag to their colon using this and there will be a law suit. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 3

Bravo needs to pay me for watching this and I need overtime double pay for watching Taylor. There is something very seriously wrong with her and she is terrifying. This show has been circling the drain for quite a while and this episode put it right down the drain. Gina’s voice. Taylor’s voice. Tamra’s evil. I could go on and on, but I just finished watching it and now I need to put this out of my mind for quite a while.

• Like 14
  • Applause 1

If an asshole is ganged up on by several fellow assholes, does that make the asshole being ganged up on less of an asshole?  Yes, I think it does because I actually felt bad for Heather. Tamra cruising the joint like a hungry rat in a cheese factory was what they brought her back for. To be a mean and  shitty shit stirring asshole.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 8
5 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Does anyone else watch this on Peacock? I do and for some reason all season it hasn't been the regular episodes but it's called never before scene. They have the episode and add a few NBS clips. Which is fine but in this episode they cut out all of Taylor's drunk ranting. I saw the Taylor clips on Twitter. And Peacock isn't giving me the option of just watching the regular episodes. And it's only RHOC, it's just a little weird.

Quoting myself because I just listened to the WWC recap of this episode and they mentioned several scenes that I did not see on Peacock. A scene with Tamra doing a photo shoot, a John/Shannon dinner and of course all the drunk Taylor. I'm confused why Peacock has Never Before Scene episodes yet cuts out things from the regular episode?

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Shannon has for years had an obsession with enemas and her bowels. I believe she takes enemas becaue she believes that it will help her lose weight. 

She admitted that her businesses were not providing a profit but breaking even. So she invests more money into the colonic business. She is going to blow through every dime that she has with these stupid schemes like lemon water and colonics.

I’m actually surprised her business is breaking even - that 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
19 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Seriously, did Heather kill Tamra’s puppy?? I do not understand Tamra’s vitriol toward her. Go back under your rock Tammy Sue. 

Tamrat's jealous. She doesn't have a property she can sell for anywhere near $55 million. So she plans to sell the CBD business and make bank. Except as has been previously noted, the market is over saturated in California. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
9 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

She didn't actually decline as much as she said (paraphrased) "she's got this all on her own"  Which is exactly what I would do in her case.  I'd stand back, keep an eye on the conversation and intervene if it all started going south.

Heather had it and handed Tamera her ass on a platter, all by being quiet and polite.  It was a masterclass in a quiet smackdown.

All true.  But Gina supposedly was the host and so when one of your guests asks you to intervene in an attack on his wife I thought it took a bit of cowardice to decline.   If Gina wasn't the host, then I would have said the same thing but then Terry probably wouldn't have even asked her.  

• Like 4
On 9/27/2023 at 10:16 PM, Pattycake2 said:

Yes.

Well, she didn't. Heather played only a tiny portion of the recording, but Bravo added the rest later on the episode. It was Tamra, and Teddi Mellencamp on their podcast repeating what Heather said on BravoCon, as a joke (it is an inside joke). Heather said all the cast members are losers.

@eleanorofaquitaine

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
On 9/27/2023 at 11:23 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

No matter how it’s twisted Tamra is the one in the wrong in all of this and trying to deflect 

So Tamra is wrong about what specifically? Bravo showed the rest of what was said on the podcast later. Teddi Mellencamp and Tamra were repeating jokingly what Heather said on BravoCon about the other cast members (that they are all losers). Heather said on the previous episode that she said it only about Jen (Armstrong), and Noella, and then on this episode that she said it about Noella, and later in that she doesn't use such terms.

As for who discussed Shannon's relationship on the show, Emily, and Gina did first, and Heather who knew before (Shannon told her) repeated it in confessionals.

On 9/27/2023 at 11:35 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

The fact Tamra didn’t mention her business once before this cover shoot tho .. she literally made talking shit about Heather her only storyline .. that’s funny and sad all at the same time 

She didn't discuss her business because she doesn't want Bravo to have a percentage of it. Her business is very successful for years. Also, Bravo decides what to air of what was filmed (a lot is cut), and this would be boring to show. HWs always complain about this. 

How did we suddenly think that Tamra made Heather her story line (Heather was not discussed until the end- at her app launch where Emily was rude, not Tamra who didn't say anything, and Mexico for all of us who watched the show)? Shannon (and Jenn) was everybody's story line until the last couple of episodes.

Edited by ZettaK
On 9/28/2023 at 12:53 AM, Cosmocrush said:

OMG!! What the Eff was that????   Who would buy that and why? 

How many different products has Shannon sold and why isn't Dirtbag David paying for his daughters education?

Shannon said on a earlier episode that David pays for half of all the daughters' college tuition.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
13 hours ago, MaggieG said:

So Heather plays the podcast clip for Gina and Gina's response "if you're my friend you should be telling me." You were ignoring her after last season! She immediately believes Heather called her a loser but when H proves Tamra said it, it's "oh it probably wasn't malicious." I don't understand Gina at all with this. 

Emily accusing Gina of making excuses for Heather but she's making excuses for Tamra. Then they say Gina is heater-merized, when they all are Tamra-merized. Emily expresses insecurities about being called a loser but refuses to believe Tamra said it and is trying to make Heather apologize when she didn't say it.

Tamrat was clearly trying to wind up Heather by doing the finger thing in her face, maybe hoping Heather would throw her drink and Heather handled her perfectly. 

Bravo showed later audio of the rest of Teddi Mellencamp, and Tamra's podcast that Heather omitted to include. They said that Tamra imitated jokingly (it's an inside joke) what Heather said on BravoCon about the cast members (that they are losers).

8 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Tamrat's jealous. She doesn't have a property she can sell for anywhere near $55 million. So she plans to sell the CBD business and make bank. Except as has been previously noted, the market is over saturated in California. 

Tamra’s business is online, and only relatively recently the products also started selling at Sally Beauty, which has stores all over the U.S. The business is not confined to California, or ever was. That's why anybody, anywhere in the world could buy the business, and it's obviously doing well if it expanded like this. I just checked on IG, and the company has a large variety of products (beauty and bath products, all kinds of supplements, gummies, edibles, drink powders, sheltzers, CBD drops, and tinctures, etc.).

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 2
On 9/27/2023 at 5:56 PM, CSunshine76 said:

Taylor’s drunk voice…nails on a chalkboard. Shut up already!

Someone, anyone, who loves this woman needs to get her help stat.  What we watched was pretty gross.  

Tamra was a huge loser this season.  Her schtick is old, people weren't falling for it and she is just trash.  And isn't a little too early in the relationship to be done with sex?  She and Eddie have only been married 10 years.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

It does hurt Heathers.credibility that she keeps changing her ‘losers’ story. But I still side with her over Tamra (this time) who was just hateful toward her ‘friend’ Jenn this whole season.  What’s worse-knowing someone called you a loser vs having your friend shame & belittle you for weeks while doling out tidbits of hurtful accusations the minute you’d let your guard down in front of the entire group for maximum cruelty? 

• Like 9
  • Love 2

I’m embarrassed to admit this now but I liked Tamra for so long and was happy she came back.  The first HW episode I ever saw was on a plane many years and it was RHOC with a great scene between Vicki and Tamra and I was hooked. Over the years I have thought Tamra did some shady stuff but mostly within the acceptable HW guidelines (i heard about but never saw naked wasted, which actually is awful) and mostly it made the show more interesting. But this year, no no no. I am seeing her so clearly, she’s so obvious this year and desperate to stay on the show now that she’s back.  The stuff she’s doing goes beyond acceptable and is cruel, especially regarding Jenn. And speaking of Jenn I was repulsed by Tamra mocking her fake designer stuff. All of us remember Tamra being the poor relation on this show, at least till Gina showed up.  She really showed her true colors now that her CBD stuff is finally making her some money. I am more than ready for Tamra to go back whereever she was last year, and off my screen. And yes, I’m liking Heather now, Tamra achieved the impossible and made Heather seem like a victim 

• Like 10
  • Applause 2

Just to clarify, the extended clip of Tamara and Teddi's podcast shows Tamara's saying it in jest as an "inside joke" between her and Shannon. Does it imply that they are joking on Heather, and that they are quoting Heather? yeah it does but it still doesn't expressly point to it being something Heather actually said. I'm more inclined to believe that Shannon and Tamara ad libbed in their ragging on Heather and inserted "loser" in there joking banter about Heather since the theme is always that Heather thinks she better than everyone. I feel like they introduced the word loser during their moment of making fun of Heather and making up Heather like dialogue to describe how THEY THINK Heather feels about people. I don't think Heather actually used the word loser but it doesn't mean that it's not possible she feels that way about some of them. And she'd be right anyway, honestly. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 3
On 9/27/2023 at 10:45 PM, swankie said:

I can't believe she sat on what looked like a hard plastic hose and had it up her ass!  Wouldn't that hurt like hell?  I just couldn't!!! 😖

Well Shannon did squirt some jazz on the tip.  I cannot believe it needs to be said but, NO ONE EVER WANTS TO SEE YOU SHIT!

On 9/28/2023 at 5:27 AM, QQQQ said:

Taylor was taking on a certain crazy Bette Davis quality last night...

bette davis 60s movies GIF by absurdnoise

That is being quite kind

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
On 9/28/2023 at 12:48 PM, 65mickey said:

The Cleveland clinic has a good article on the use of colonics. they are not recommended and can be harmful. Basicaly it says that colons cleanse themselves. Wouldn't they have to get some type of government approval to market this device? Someone is going to do serious damag to their colon using this and there will be a law suit. 

In a few years she is probably going to be shitting herself from messing up her bowels.  Eat right, drink water, exercise and you should poop just fine.  I was stunned Jenn said she hadn't pooped in 7 days.  

• Like 6

I'm really at the point now where I actively dislike all of these women, to varying degrees. And not in a fun way. 

The only exception would maybe be Jenn, who does seem like a nice person, but I'm just not invested in her story at all. And every time her boyfriend is on screen all I can see is a Ken reject from the Barbie movie.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

The colonics thing, and the focus on the bowels, honestly scares me.

If you were to look at images of the colon from the inside, it's pink and delicate.  The tiniest, teeniest little puncture can do serious damage.  Talking sepsis and full body infection leading to death in hours.

Not to mention that your body does an outstanding job of filtering and flushing.  

Sing it with me:  🎶    🎶
   The kidneys flush out all the ..... toxins.... 🎶
   The liver filters out what it needs to clean  🎶
   The colon moves out all the rest of the waste....  🎶
   And that's how the body works.....  🎶

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 9/27/2023 at 10:33 PM, Pi237 said:

Tamra is like Regina George on the telephone. 

Oooo, that reminds me of something I was thinking earlier in the season. When they were in Montana, Tamra was stirring up shit about Shannon and John. Tamra said something like, "Isn't it weird that they haven't moved in together yet?" and Heather, in response, said something like, "Maybe they're not all in?" So, of course, in Mexico when Tamra retells the story it's just "Heather says you and John aren't all in!" 

That shit was quintessential Regina George. 

EDITED because it was Tamra who said these things, not Shannon. They all look alike. 

Edited by ladle
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
On 9/28/2023 at 2:48 PM, applewood said:

I think that guy was her personal trainer. I remember that scene and I thought that was a real ***hole thing to say.

These ladies really do swim in a sea of douches, don't they?

On 9/28/2023 at 3:28 PM, MaggieG said:

Does anyone else watch this on Peacock? I do and for some reason all season it hasn't been the regular episodes but it's called never before scene. They have the episode and add a few NBS clips. Which is fine but in this episode they cut out all of Taylor's drunk ranting. I saw the Taylor clips on Twitter.

Yes!! Thank you for this! I wondered what people were talking about when they mentioned Heather's Taylor impression and Shannon having dinner with John. I was like, did I pass out from boredom and miss these elements? But no, I guess they were chopped on Peacock? 

• Like 4
On 9/28/2023 at 10:03 AM, JenE4 said:

The only slightly amusing moment of this episode for me was when they put up the circus poster graphics with “John Jannssen in a Suit.” I don’t know why that made me chuckle—something about that being in quotation marks really tickled me.

I enjoyed that, and also the quick cuts of Emily and Shannon screaming at the chiropractor's. This show's editors truly are spinning straw into gold this season. 

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

In a few years she is probably going to be shitting herself from messing up her bowels.  Eat right, drink water, exercise and you should poop just fine.  I was stunned Jenn said she hadn't pooped in 7 days.  

I would guess if you don't eat, you don't poop. 

15 hours ago, ladle said:

These ladies really do swim in a sea of douches, don't they?

Like attracts like.  😉

• Like 11
On 9/27/2023 at 7:03 PM, mbaywife123 said:

Sometimes you lay back just to rest your eyes and then bam! You wake up an hour or more later.

This has happened to me.

Exactly!!

And I thought Heather made a really good point--if they thought she was coming right back, and she didn't show up, why didn't they check on her to make sure she was OK???

• Like 7
  • Applause 1