Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E16: Welcome to the Freak Show

• Start Topic

Tamra used to be my favorite on here. But she was so mean and horrible in this episode. She has a jealousy problem. Her and Heather come from two very different backgrounds. Its crazy because Heather really wanted Tamra's acceptance over everyone in the group. Tamra is just dogging her out in her THs too smh. I see Shannon was hiding from the drama lol. Emily almost looked better the size she was before imo. I'm starting to like Taylor she seems sweet and it was nice of her to be there for Jenn. But I don't get Taylor's role on here. Is she a friend of? Because she is in every scene but we don't get to watch her home life. 

• Like 3

Tamra wasn’t exactly poor before she and Eddie started Cut, so I’m not buying the tears. Of course she’d bring the class to the photo shoot by yelling about sweat running down her ass. Evil Clown — perfection.

Heather’s rental looks like a converted mechanic’s garage.

Shannon…selling colonics to pay for her kids’ education. I can’t.

EDIT — I hit Stop on the DVR when Shannon started her perverted Tupperware party with the colonic. Bravo, just stop. We don’t need to see this.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 7

Realize I’m late…

What was up with the camera dudes in the restaurant with Heather and Gina? Jerky as hell.

This costume party is even dumber than the switcheroo (or whatever it was) earlier in the season. All to look even more ridiculous when they start screeching at each other — getting Vicki at the bunco party flashbacks. Speaking of, where was she? She lives for this kind of bitch fight.

Honest to God, Matt’s GF is a younger Kelly Dodd.

LOL’d at Emily telling Heather she had lipstick on her teeth. Jab, jab, jab.

Taylor’s voice…🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Another Drunky McDrunkerson. These women getting sloshed is getting boring.

Demented circus acts.🤪But I am in AWE of Tamra’s manipulation skills. Honorable mention to Teddi Mellencamp.

This season was awful, the worst since I’ve been watching. Emily was right — it was the biggest shitshow.

I was never so happy to hear the traditional end guitar.

• Like 2

This was a disjointed season IMO, because of how it was edited. It started with 1) Tamra and Shannon's relationship, and 2) everyone and their families as the story line. Heather and the kids going to college, Tamra and Eddie selling gym and Ryan being a ranch hand, Tamra's mom moving in, Emily and her mom, Emily and Annabelle doing child modeling, Gina and Justin going into real estate and getting along better with Matt-- the kids and even Matt's gf were a segment, Taylor and her daughter and acting career, Shannon and her kids going to college. Jenn and her family and white saving brown boy with brown mom. We saw everyone's families. Then they disappeared and it became a totally different show. I think this happened after Shannon and Tamra made up. Heather got jealous of their friendship-- Gina got jealous of Tamra because Heather wanted to be Tamra's friend and not Gina's any longer.  

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It was listening to an old friend, lol.

Is "Freak Show," even PC these days, I feel like that might not be a thing we are supposed to say now.

LOL. Forget where I read it (Reddit?), but somebody said they wanted that song played at their funeral with a slideshow of their life.

It is a nice song. Been there since Season 1.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
On 10/2/2023 at 8:38 PM, Dr Mama said:

Exactly!!

And I thought Heather made a really good point--if they thought she was coming right back, and she didn't show up, why didn't they check on her to make sure she was OK???

Why wouldn't she be ok? She was at a suite right next to their suite.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
On 9/30/2023 at 2:02 PM, Yours Truly said:

Just to clarify, the extended clip of Tamara and Teddi's podcast shows Tamara's saying it in jest as an "inside joke" between her and Shannon. Does it imply that they are joking on Heather, and that they are quoting Heather? yeah it does but it still doesn't expressly point to it being something Heather actually said. I'm more inclined to believe that Shannon and Tamara ad libbed in their ragging on Heather and inserted "loser" in there joking banter about Heather since the theme is always that Heather thinks she better than everyone. I feel like they introduced the word loser during their moment of making fun of Heather and making up Heather like dialogue to describe how THEY THINK Heather feels about people. I don't think Heather actually used the word loser but it doesn't mean that it's not possible she feels that way about some of them. And she'd be right anyway, honestly. 

But Heather admitted she used the term losers in two different episodes. On one episode she mentioned she said it about Jen Armstrong and Noella, and on the next one about Noella only (because Noella said several times last season that Heather pushed a Bravo producer against a wall), and then on the same second episode where she said she used the term about Noella, she claimed this word is not her vocabulary. 

• Like 1
On 10/4/2023 at 8:51 PM, ZettaK said:

But Heather admitted she used the term losers in two different episodes. On one episode she mentioned she said it about Jen Armstrong and Noella, and on the next one about Noella only (because Noella said several times last season that Heather pushed a Bravo producer against a wall), and then on the same second episode where she said she used the term about Noella, she claimed this word is not her vocabulary. 

My point is that the podcast isn't a smoking gun. Tamara and Teddi were the one's throwing it around casually and sharing it on their platform. I personally think that in the moment Heather tried to accept some responsibility by going ahead and owning that she was most likely talking about Noella and whoever.

Look I’m not that worried that much about “clearing Heather’s name” but I really think that the “evidence” against Heather in this instance is very, very, very thin. EVEN with Heather “admitting” that she was calling Noella a loser. First of all I do believe Heather in a way when she says it’s not in her vernacular to throw around the word Loser cause Heather has proven that she’s very particular in the way she handles her conversations with these women especially. Do I think in a moment of frustration and irritation she may have off handedly said something like, “ugghh, let’s get out of here I want to get away from these losers” not really but it’s absolutely possible. The reason why I think this whole Loser, name calling “scandal” is a pretty dumb hill to die on is because of all the stages it’s gone through. It went from it being a second hand comment coming from Tamara, to a direct insult, to an inside joke about Heather, to Heather associating it with  Noella, blah, blah, blah…. I mean first of all it wasn’t even that deep to begin with. Heather is annoying. Most definitely and I hated the way she treated Shannon when Shannon joined the cast but this season Heather has actually been super duper tame and somewhat enjoyable. She’s put forth an effort to be pretty neutral with all of the women and I’ve appreciated that throughout the season. Because of her toned down approach to them it made all the other pretentious events and moments she’s provided rather humorous. It's like she's still a bit of a show off but I feel she's a bit more self aware about it and poking a bit of fun as well. I don't know it didn't come across as stiff as it has in the past. 

The effort to be annoyed with EVERYTHING Heather this season was extra heavy handed and forced which is why I can’t give two shits about this alleged name calling incident. And I definitely can’t get behind the ridiculous overreactions from Gina and especially Emily. It’s exhausting and totally fruitless how hard they are trying to paint it as some truly gruesome crime against humanity that Heather thinks less of them. Hell I think less of them and I didn’t just sell my house for 55 million dollars. LOL. Emily’s brutesome behavior towards Heather throughout the season over INITIALS and trip gifts and snuffolopogus comments is way more troubling to me that anything Heather has done.

What it boils down to is, Heather bugs them. And? It’s gotten hella uncomfortable watching them throughout the season try to get Heather to be someone other than herself in order to appease their dislike of her and I NEVER ever think that’s okay. At their ages they should be old enough to recognize a situation for what it is and adjust accordingly. Not demand that a person change for them. I get not tolerating abuse and mistreatment in any interaction but Heather isn’t abusive and doesn’t mistreat them, she annoys them on occasion and that’s it. Get over it cause she ain't changing for you and trying to drum up her offenses as something other than personality conflict has gotten boring and tiresome.

The drama for the show is expected so I understand bringing shit up and complaining and having confrontations. It's a part of the job but their relentless badgering of Heather at any and all events was just childish, unnecessary and pretty baseless. The complaints were so ridiculously mild but then ramped up when in all reality the gripes amounted to schoolyard shanigans that should have been blown off after one episode instead of lingering throughout the whole season.

Hell, the real meat and potatoes of any confrontation should have stayed with the fact that Shannon threw out Gina’s DUI yet again. That Shannon sauced up the story by throwing in how her kids were at risk to be taken by CPS. Now THAT was something to get into and have a very real conversation\smackdown about that would warrant a few episodes worth of conversations.

The whole Heather “takedown” had very little ammunition but took up the whole season. Name calling, whale outfit, Heather’s initials, snuffolopogus, trip gifts. Like seriously??? This is what these women had  to complain about Heather. This is what we keep revisiting over and over again? Like damn, enough already. Whatever. Who in the actual fuck actually has PTSD over Heather rolling her eyes and initially everything? Dude if you're  that fragile that Heather Dubrow got you so pressed you are making a drunken fool of yourself at every one of her events (Emily) then maybe you need to be on pause and use that time to go into therapy. It’s just so ridiculous how “traumatized” these women want us to believe they are because of Heather Dubrow. Uggghhh!

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
On 10/6/2023 at 10:11 AM, Yours Truly said:

My point is that the podcast isn't a smoking gun. Tamara and Teddi were the one's throwing it around casually and sharing it on their platform. I personally think that in the moment Heather tried to accept some responsibility by going ahead and owning that she was most likely talking about Noella and whoever.

Look I’m not that worried that much about “clearing Heather’s name” but I really think that the “evidence” against Heather in this instance is very, very, very thin. EVEN with Heather “admitting” that she was calling Noella a loser. First of all I do believe Heather in a way when she says it’s not in her vernacular to throw around the word Loser cause Heather has proven that she’s very particular in the way she handles her conversations with these women especially. Do I think in a moment of frustration and irritation she may have off handedly said something like, “ugghh, let’s get out of here I want to get away from these losers” not really but it’s absolutely possible. The reason why I think this whole Loser, name calling “scandal” is a pretty dumb hill to die on is because of all the stages it’s gone through. It went from it being a second hand comment coming from Tamara, to a direct insult, to an inside joke about Heather, to Heather associating it with  Noella, blah, blah, blah…. I mean first of all it wasn’t even that deep to begin with. Heather is annoying. Most definitely and I hated the way she treated Shannon when Shannon joined the cast but this season Heather has actually been super duper tame and somewhat enjoyable. She’s put forth an effort to be pretty neutral with all of the women and I’ve appreciated that throughout the season. Because of her toned down approach to them it made all the other pretentious events and moments she’s provided rather humorous. It's like she's still a bit of a show off but I feel she's a bit more self aware about it and poking a bit of fun as well. I don't know it didn't come across as stiff as it has in the past. 

The effort to be annoyed with EVERYTHING Heather this season was extra heavy handed and forced which is why I can’t give two shits about this alleged name calling incident. And I definitely can’t get behind the ridiculous overreactions from Gina and especially Emily. It’s exhausting and totally fruitless how hard they are trying to paint it as some truly gruesome crime against humanity that Heather thinks less of them. Hell I think less of them and I didn’t just sell my house for 55 million dollars. LOL. Emily’s brutesome behavior towards Heather throughout the season over INITIALS and trip gifts and snuffolopogus comments is way more troubling to me that anything Heather has done.

What it boils down to is, Heather bugs them. And? It’s gotten hella uncomfortable watching them throughout the season try to get Heather to be someone other than herself in order to appease their dislike of her and I NEVER ever think that’s okay. At their ages they should be old enough to recognize a situation for what it is and adjust accordingly. Not demand that a person change for them. I get not tolerating abuse and mistreatment in any interaction but Heather isn’t abusive and doesn’t mistreat them, she annoys them on occasion and that’s it. Get over it cause she ain't changing for you and trying to drum up her offenses as something other than personality conflict has gotten boring and tiresome.

The drama for the show is expected so I understand bringing shit up and complaining and having confrontations. It's a part of the job but their relentless badgering of Heather at any and all events was just childish, unnecessary and pretty baseless. The complaints were so ridiculously mild but then ramped up when in all reality the gripes amounted to schoolyard shanigans that should have been blown off after one episode instead of lingering throughout the whole season.

Hell, the real meat and potatoes of any confrontation should have stayed with the fact that Shannon threw out Gina’s DUI yet again. That Shannon sauced up the story by throwing in how her kids were at risk to be taken by CPS. Now THAT was something to get into and have a very real conversation\smackdown about that would warrant a few episodes worth of conversations.

The whole Heather “takedown” had very little ammunition but took up the whole season. Name calling, whale outfit, Heather’s initials, snuffolopogus, trip gifts. Like seriously??? This is what these women had  to complain about Heather. This is what we keep revisiting over and over again? Like damn, enough already. Whatever. Who in the actual fuck actually has PTSD over Heather rolling her eyes and initially everything? Dude if you're  that fragile that Heather Dubrow got you so pressed you are making a drunken fool of yourself at every one of her events (Emily) then maybe you need to be on pause and use that time to go into therapy. It’s just so ridiculous how “traumatized” these women want us to believe they are because of Heather Dubrow. Uggghhh!

It's not an alleged insult if Heather admitted she used the term losers on tv.

As for the cast "taking her down", it was not during all season, but at the end, especially during the event for her app/channel introduction, and in Mexico. I wonder if something specific happened at one point. I made a comment about how rude Emily was at Heather’s event when that episode aired. Heather was not exactly neutral with the women, for example regarding Taylor and the movie. 

Shannon's and Jenn's relationships were the storylines of the season. 

Shannon made the comment about Gina's DUI and her kids at the end of the season, so there was only very little time to be discussed (and it was discussed). Some time was dedicated to the incident at the first part of the reunion. 

As for Heather, she knew she had to do damage control at the finale party after she said she hated the women in Mexico. She wants to remain on the show, as shown in the updates after the finale episode (the Dubrows will buy a house in the OC, and Terry has his practice there). 

I'm one of a handful of individuals who defended Heather in previous seasons, and this season. Bravo wanted a more well-off person to join the show, and I didn't have an issue with it. Wasn't this the premise of the HW franchise? Individuals complain she brags constantly (and it might be true), but at least she doesn't front like others, it's her life and lifestyle. She has basic manners, and she would never fight on the show. Terry is an asshole though (he even insults Paul Nassif, his fellow partner and supposed friend constantly on Botched, and he enjoys it).

But I can see when Heather acts in a superior way, or she is messy. And she was this season. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, ZettaK said:

It's not an alleged insult if Heather admitted she used the term losers on tv.

As for the cast "taking her down", it was not during all season, but at the end, especially during the event for her app/channel introduction, and in Mexico. I wonder if something specific happened at one point. I made a comment about how rude Emily was at Heather’s event when that episode aired. Heather was not exactly neutral with the women, for example regarding Taylor and the movie. 

Shannon's and Jenn's relationships were the storylines of the season. 

Shannon made the comment about Gina's DUI and her kids at the end of the season, so there was only very little time to be discussed (and it was discussed). Some time was dedicated to the incident at the first part of the reunion. 

As for Heather, she knew she had to do damage control at the finale party after she said she hated the women in Mexico. She wants to remain on the show, as shown at the updates after the finale episode (the Dubrows will buy a house in the OC, and Terry has his practice there). 

I'm one of a handful of individuals who defended Heather in previous seasons, and this season. Bravo wanted a more well-off person to join the show, and I didn't have an issue with it. Wasn't this the premise of the HW franchise? Individuals complain she brags constantly (and it might be true), but at least she doesn't front like others, it's her life and lifestyle. She has basic manners, and she would never fight on the show. Terry is an asshole though (he even insults Paul Nassif, his fellow partner and supposed friend constantly on Botched, and he enjoys it).

But I can see when Heather acts in a superior way, or she is messy. And she was this season. 

Taylor and the movie was another drummed up corny attempt at Heather doing something other than being Heather. Just because her nicities seem scripted and/or rehearsed doesn't change the fact that she does offer up basic manners in most interactions. I get it. Her demeanor this, her demeanor that. Feel free to dislike having these types of moments about them. Feel free to roll your eyes and shit talk to a friend. The part that bugs me is when the extra step is taken to 1- punish Heather by callously being rude to her at random occassions due to festering miscommunications 2- single her out at a table to call her out about some random interaction that was mainly pleasant and uneventful 3- Ad libbing and/or inserting insinuations by Heather that she didn't not imply.... The list goes on and on with regards to the liberties these women take when reliving, rewriting, reinventing any and all interactions they've had with this woman. 

I have nothing against being annoyed with Heather for whatever reason. People have a right to feel how they feel but it's the part where the cast was truly bending over backwards expecting something from Heather as if she needs to be apologetic about who she is. I don't mind confronting issues and problems. But the thing with Heather is that they just don't like her in general and there's no real way for Heather to make amends for that. They kept trying to hitch their annoyance with her to an act or specific offense but everything they threw at her really had no real legs. That's the part that annoyed me. They wanted a general overall change from her but turned it muddy when they tried to prove their point by nitpicking on every little thing. It just got so tiresome. 

• Like 1
On 10/6/2023 at 10:11 AM, Yours Truly said:

I think the women have an issue with Heather saying things behind the scenes, and then acting otherwise on tv.

• Like 2