Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I didn't see Oprah's movie, but I read the Henrietta Lacks book years ago and it was just incredible. So I'm glad she brought Henrietta Lacks's story to more people. 

Edited by Mystery
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Annber03 said:

Oprah's dress is really pretty. 

Aside: I think the frames of her glasses are a weeeee bit too thick especially with that hair,but the shape works for her.

"Steadman who's been my rock."  That's all the man gets? 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, scarynikki12 said:

Oprah’s talking about Recy so now I’m going to cry.

That's an incredible, heartbreaking story. Wow. 

Another thing to add to Rosa Parks' awesomeness, too. 

• Love 17

I never knew Reese Taylor even existed until now.  So, in spite of my feelings on her ruining a man whose character I liked, I will admit she is a good speaker and I hope she is right that a new day is dawning for womenkind.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Diana Berry said:

NW  sister has never officially named anyone.  Wonder if she will change her mind now. 

I thought I read that someone who allegedly knows is planning to release the name after the perpetrator has died. 

Bleh. Allison Janney wins everything. Laurie Metcalf was robbed.

Having seen both, I agree. Janney’s character was over-the-top and one note, she had little to work with. Metcalf plays a woman who has a lot going on, and she does it all.  Metcalf should have won alone for the scene at the airport, for those who have seen the movie.  This is no slam on Janney, it’s just that her character was a mean bitch with no arc to work with.

Really, I almost feel like Kirk has no idea where he's even at. This is just exploitive at this point. 

Painful as hell and his family should have never allowed it to happen.

.  I thought she and Michael had gotten divorced but I guess not.

She should have.  He basically accused her genitals of having given him cancer. How chivalrous. 

"Is there cheese back stage?" 

I always find that woman very try-hard and on. Always with the hats. Look at me, look at me, I’m wacky!

I wish Jude Law had won for The Young Pope. It was beautiful and exquisite and weird, something that I though get the HFPA might have been charmed by. Oh well.

• Love 4

Yay, Oprah!!!   As much as I sometimes think she is overexposed, that was a GREAT speech!  And I admire her very much for what she has accomplished and for what/who she champions.  She brought tears to my my eyes.  She has lived it, folks.

• Love 17
Just now, mtlchick said:

Damn, woman.  That was a fiery moment.  Followed up by...Opie.  Whoops.

Even Ron Howard seemed to realize that-he was clearly thinking, "How do I even follow that?" :p. 

• Love 10

Oprah was awesome; I'm glad the speech was about our times and not about her. One thing she's always done is used her powerful name and resources to bring attention to important issues. 

I hadn't heard about Recy until the news stories last week when she died. 

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Hey, now I know what Denzel Washington's "stuck in a classroom" face looks like!

Reminds me of his Demille speech that he kind of screwed up because of the lack of...glasses. 

• Love 1