Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, thuganomics85 said:

Was rooting for either Bob Odenkirk or Freddie Highmore, but this is Sterling K. Brown's world and everyone else is just living in it!  Good for him!

Yeah, I was rooting for Highmore, myself.

But congrats to Brown! I haven't seen "This is Us", but I know he's gotten lots of praise for his work, so his win isn't surprising :). 

Roseanne and Carol Burnett both looked like they had gray down the sides of their face. Am I seeing things?

eta: Roseanne turned her head and it was gone, so it must be the lighting from the side. Not flattering. 

Edited by Mystery

The awards shows adoration for The Handmaid’s Tale perplexes me.  I thought it was really weird and awkward and kinda gross.  Just not my bag, the story’s correlation to 2017 or not.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Yep, Tis the season of The Handmaid's Tale!

Fantastic show but soooooooo hard to watch...u seriously have to be in the right mind set it is soooo disturbing. I could not binge watch it...only one or two epis at a time but worth it for every woman to watch, esp in the current climate.

Edited by Cupcake04
  • Love 4
Just now, leighdear said:

I think the only thing wrong with "This Is Us" is everybody that isn't Sterling K. Brown.  And Mandy Moore.  Everybody else can bite it. 

I actually enjoy the whole cast. Now some of the characters annoy the hell out of me, but I enjoy all the actors/actresses involved.

• Love 4
Just now, mojoween said:

The adaration for The Handmaid’s Tale perplexes me.  I thought it was really weird and awkward and kinda gross.  Just not my bag, the story’s correlation to 2017 or not.

I thought it was amazing but can't bring myself to recommend it to anyone without heavy caveats. It's dark dark dark. 

• Love 6
Just now, Cupcake04 said:

Fantastic show but soooooooo hard to watch...u seriously have to be in the right mind set it is soooo disturbing.

I concur. It is one show that I had to digest after each episode. It was not a binge watch for me, but I loved it.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, mojoween said:

The adaration for The Handmaid’s Tale perplexes me.  I thought it was really weird and awkward and kinda gross.  Just not my bag, the story’s correlation to 2017 or not.

Because the oppression of women doesn't need to happen via a facist or fundamental coup.  Sometimes, it can occur just through institutionalized sexism and the denigration of women can occur via media depictions by piggish men who have been getting away with this forever.

Women are now becoming more involved in media and are letting their voices be heard.  Women who have been assaulted are not holding back anymore.

It appears we are entering an era of revolution in media.

On a different note, I'd love to see Seth Rogan in a movie about the making of Manos: The Hands of Fate

Edited by bmoore4026
  • Love 14

Yeah, I haven't seen "The Handmaid's Tale" because I think it would be too disturbing for me.  (And those who know me advised me not to. lol). I love Elizabeth Moss, though -- too bad about the Scientology .

• Love 5
Just now, double-elvis said:

Who here has seen the original The Room?

I highly recommend watching the highlight reel. I'd only watch the full thing at a midnight screening, because it's pretty brutal. 

• Love 1

I haven't seen "The Handmaid's Tale" because I think it would be too disturbing for me

Read the book.   I did 30 years ago, and can't imagine how television could do it justice.

• Love 5