Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

With the poofy hem on the sheer cape? sleeves?, Anjelina Jolie's dress reminds me of the kind of thing Zsa Zsa used to wear.

ETA: But never in black, dahling. It makes the skin look sallow.

Edited by ABay
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Bewitched said:

Sigh.   Millie Bobbie Brown makes me sad.  She should have been with her castmates and in a dress not meant for a mature woman.   Y'all can all get off my lawn.

I felt the same. It was word seeing her alone on the carpet pouting at the camera. Is she separate because she's nominated individually? I've always found that group charming as a whole.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

Sigh.   Millie Bobbie Brown makes me sad.  She should have been with her castmates and in a dress not meant for a mature woman.   Y'all can all get off my lawn.

I thought the same thing about her not being with her classmates. The same thing happened at the Emmy's too.

I forgot Alexander Skarsgard had shaved his head. Well he has a buzz hair cut going now.

Edited by ShadowHunter

I just do not get how showing up in a black dress, blinged out with sequins and stones, and dripping with diamonds shows that you are standing in solidarity.  I just think the whole idea, while great in theory, has lost it's impact in the execution.....they are all still trying to out-do each other with their dresses.  Maybe if they all showed up in a black cotton shift dress and flats with no makeup or jewelry would've really said something.  Or the Handmaids cape or something.  That would make a statement.....not a black sequin gown just for the sake of it.  Imo

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Cupcake04 said:

I just do not get how showing up in a black dress, blinged out with sequins and stones, and dripping with diamonds shows that you are standing in solidarity.  I just think the whole idea, while great in theory, has lost it's impact in the execution.....they are all still trying to out-do each other with their dresses.  Maybe if they all showed up in a black cotton shift dress and flats with no makeup or jewelry would've really said something.  Or the Handmaids cape or something.  That would make a statement.....not a black sequin gown just for the sake of it.  Imo

See this is it its just so self indulgent and all their PR people are trying to outdo each other with who can bring a bigger and better activist.

3 minutes ago, MostlyC said:

If they want to make a statement, I say they should wear black dresses to every award event this year.

I thought that was the plan?

2 minutes ago, Cupcake04 said:

True, but this is still a show and if they wore cotton shift dresses, flat shoes and no make up, no one would watch.  

• Love 2

I read somewhere that Millie Bobby Brown's management are the ones who have her on the red carpet alone and not with the other Stranger Things kids lately. If true, that's a shame.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

True, but this is still a show and if they wore cotton shift dresses, flat shoes and no make up, no one would watch.  

Respectfully disagree.  I think everyone would be watching....which is the point of a protest, no?  I would wanna see my fave stars looking like me for a nght!

1 minute ago, Cupcake04 said:

Respectfully disagree.  I think everyone would be watching....which is the point of a protest, no?  I would wanna see my fave stars looking like me for a nght!

Maybe, however I think most people would watch for five minutes, get bored and turn off the TV.  If I want to see people without make up, I don't need to turn on the TV for that, I can just go to the supermarket.

• Love 6
Just now, Neurochick said:

Maybe, however I think most people would watch for five minutes, get bored and turn off the TV.  If I want to see people without make up, I don't need to turn on the TV for that, I can just go to the supermarket.

Just me but I wouldn't turn t off and Would make a hell of a statment though woudn't it?  And it wouldnt be soon forgotten!

2 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

Aside: Rose McGowan's "reality show" for E! of all places feels like a horrible joke.  Exactly who thought this was a great pairing?

Agree....I think it will be  train wreck.  Why or why did she say yes?  A & E or Oprahs network would have done her justice.  But the network of the Kartrashians?  No