Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

53 minutes ago, saoirse said:

Actually it already existed, you just found the even older 2014 topic that's now been merged with the existing annual one!

I don't know how I missed the already-labeled "Annual" thread! I thought I looked really carefully at all the threads, & the only 1 I found was the 2014 thread, which was almost at the very end of the forum. So I put my original post there, thinking there wasn't anywhere newer to post. Oh well... since the thread I originally posted in needed to be merged into the "Annual" thread I missed anyway, at least that feat was accomplished. Thanks!

• Love 1

I'm so happy to see Freddie Highmore on the list :D. And I haven't yet seen "GLOW", but as a "Community" fan, it's nice to see cast members from that show having continued success and getting recognition, so congrats to Alison Brie as well. 

Also happy about "Will & Grace" and Eric McCormack, though I wish Megan Mullally had gotten some love as well. She's been especially killing it this season on the show. 

• Love 3

So frustrating but it's not airing in Europe live. So disappointing.

Anyone know if E! Have the rights to proper red carpet coverage? I hate when they're just up in that box talking about the red carpet and showing the odd picture.

I want to like CZJ's dress but it should be lace all the way. As it is, it looks like she put on a pair of high waisted black briefs and then threw the dress on over it. The lace could've just become less shear as it rounded her body.

Edited by ABay

I had to rewind and turn on the sound to find out what happened when Kelly Clarkson was leaving the dias. Like Seacrest, I thought she'd tripped, broke her heel, or had caught her dress on something but she stopped because she saw Meryl Streep. That was adorable. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

WTF with Giuliana's hair?

Good on Debra Messing!

And, I’m sure that the cast of Will & Grace are all making the same money? Doubt it. She’s a hypocrite. She talks about inclusiveness & diversity but wouldn’t think twice about walking over a republican dying of thirst. I’m not even a republican and know that.

• Love 2

A lot of the times up, wearing black stance it's great but it's hard not to see some of it as self indulgent for some. This time next year the majority of people on that carpet will have a new cause to be all righteous about.

Just now, Chas411 said:

A lot of the times up, wearing black stance it's great but it's hard not to see some of it as self indulgent for some. This time next year the majority of people on that carpet will have a new cause to be all righteous about.

That's because people can care about multiple causes--harassment, equality, diversity, poverty, violence, war....etc. Even if they choose to make a statement about something else next year or even next week doesn't mean they don't care about today's cause any longer.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, ABay said:

Guy in the middle there, I don't think that word (woke) means what you think it means. Unless it now means looking at celebrities as they exit their limos.

I had the same thought. 

ETA: I hope we get a better look at Emma Watson's dress, because from what I saw, just ugh.

Edited by Browncoat
39 minutes ago, ShadowHunter said:

I see Michelle Williams didn't bring Busy Phillips with her that surprised me. Just use to seeing them together. 

I said the same thing but I just read on Vulture that apparently a lot of actresses are bringing activists as their dates. The issue of sexual harassment is an important one to acknowledge and discuss but I'm worried for tonight's show. Golden Globes is usually one of the more fun awards show. I don't want it becoming a somber, indignant event!

1 minute ago, UniqBlue69 said:

I said the same thing but I just read on Vulture that apparently a lot of actresses are bringing activists as their dates. The issue of sexual harassment is an important one to acknowledge and discuss but I'm worried for tonight's show. Golden Globes is usually one of the more fun awards show. I don't want it becoming a somber, indignant event!

Yea, I just figured that out lol so I edited my original post ha.

16 minutes ago, UniqBlue69 said:

Debra Messing just called out E! on E! Ha! Love it!

I have to give it to Giuliana for just rolling with the comment and not being derailed. I have no doubts she had a string of 4 letter words running thru her head though. 

9 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

That's because people can care about multiple causes--harassment, equality, diversity, poverty, violence, war....etc. Even if they choose to make a statement about something else next year or even next week doesn't mean they don't care about today's cause any longer.

Absolutely... Which is why I said some of it comes across as self indulgent. Not all of it. Some of it. 

I thought they were talking to Jwoww from Jersey Shore and I was so confused on the reason she would be there and then Catherine's named popped up. Damn.. what did she do to her face?!  And she's going to be on a Lifetime tv movie? Ouch! Oscar wins apparently don't amount to much LOL.

I saw a copy of "50 shades from Christian's perspective and/or prequel" at the airport and ran screaming from the bookstore. I truly, fervently hope that doesn't get adapted into a movie.

• Love 1
Just now, ABay said:

Yeah, I feel like I need a safe word to stop being hit over the head by the ads.

Fidelio?

Anyway, anyone else see Milo Ventimiglia and just beam with pride over him finally shaking off the yoke of Heroes?

I like that Chrissy Metz doesn't let what people think about her size keep her from looking good.  Keep doing us big people proud, Chrissy!

• Love 1