Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

Alison's praise for Tonya Harding is...I'm not sure.  I bet Nancy Kerrigan has some thoughts about that.  

Kirk Douglas is still alive.  God bless him. 

Tonya got some cheers actually.

Edited by ShadowHunter
1 minute ago, mtlchick said:

Alison's praise for Tonya Harding is...I'm not sure.  I bet Nancy Kerrigan has some thoughts about that.  

Agree on the Tonya comments.  Um, no.  Not gonna contribute to her.

• Love 10
Just now, mtlchick said:

Oh, no one gives a care about Kerrigan, especially when that Ukrainian ice skater who won gold and revealed what bitch she was.

And Kirk Douglas being there is awesome, but you can't understand him.  Kind of sad.

• Love 4

Me yelling to hubby (who is in the other room), "Kurt Douglas is 101 and he's there in a wheelchair. Everyone is giving him a standing ovation...even Steadman!"

Hubby to me, "Is his mouth closed?"

• Love 13
Just now, CherryMalotte said:

They'll put Kirk back in his coffin after the show....

Yes I'm going to hell...and have the complimentary handbasket.

Very mean.

Unfortunately, my kind of humor :)

• Love 8
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

Catherine Zeta-Jones’s dress is terrible.  I thought she and Michael had gotten divorced but I guess not.

She said he was home with the kids on the red carpet. But given the kids are pretty darn old, he should have been there since they were trotting his 101 year old dad out like a stage prop. Or maybe, that's exactly why he isn't there. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Really, I almost feel like Kirk has no idea where he's even at. This is just exploitive at this point. 

I agree to a point.  I remember when he had his stroke years ago and presented(?) at the Oscars -- he wanted to show that a stroke does not mean one's life is over or not valued.  So in that respect, I appreciate that he is willing to put himself out there.

But I also understand the "exploitive" sentiment.

Thought Catherine looked great and she did well with the aged Kirk.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, CherryMalotte said:

They'll put Kirk back in his coffin after the show....

Yes I'm going to hell...and have the complimentary handbasket.

And I'll be followin' right behind because I was thinking the same thing.

• Love 2

If we remove Mr. Douglas from this image, is Catherine Z-J's black dress really sending the message of "time's up"?  I love racy fashion, but reveal the top or the bottom, not both. 

• Love 5
Just now, TheOtherOne said:

Okay, I'll say it. I thought it was common knowledge that Kirk Douglas raped Natalie Wood. Honoring him in the year of #metoo seemed like a gross misstep.

Wait 'til we get to Oprah and I go into how she ruined Cody from Step by Step's career.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, bmoore4026 said:

And I'll be followin' right behind because I was thinking the same thing.

I swear I was having a Hammer Horror moment and was expecting Peter Cushing to pull a Van Helsing and start pounding on him with a stake.

Here all week...try the veal!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Tanichka said:

Whoa!  Hadn't heard that one.  Do tell all!

Apparently it happened when she was 15. She told a lot of friends about it, though obviously he was never charged. I just tried to do a Google search for it...and the first thing that came up was Twitter, where everyone is talking about it, so I guess I'm not the only one who heard about it:

https://twitter.com/search?q=natalie+wood+kirk+douglas&ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^search

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, bmoore4026 said:

Oh, no one gives a care about Kerrigan, especially when that Ukrainian ice skater who won gold and revealed what bitch she was.

Complaining about Oksana is hardly the same as Tonya paying to have her opponent assaulted. Tonya has never apologized, never shown remorse for her role in the crime. Yeah, she grew up in shitty circumstances. That's not an excuse.

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, TheOtherOne said:

Okay, I'll say it. I thought it was common knowledge that Kirk Douglas raped Natalie Wood. Honoring him in the year of #metoo seemed like a gross misstep.

My thoughts exactly. Also, Catherine's dress? Missed the point, girlie. Whole family seems out of step.

• Love 4