Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Am I the only one who would be curious to get an uncensored transcript of what was said tonight?  I was able to lipread about half of what Ricky said just now.

Apparently he said "What the f*** does 'sugart*ts' even mean?"

• Love 2

E! already put out a gif of Leo/Gaga! LOL

When did Leonardo Fucking DiCaprio become my spirit animal?

Man, that Mel/Ricky stuff got kind of uncomfortable.  Ricky was going all out on him and maybe too far, but Mel really has said and done some awful stuff, and he seems to be already welcomed back with open arms.  And of course, this all because he was presenting Mad Max: Fury Road.  Just don't start bashing Jewish people, Tom Hardy!

At least Mr. Robot's win prevented someone else from rewarding Game of Thrones for its weakest season yet.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 1
That was Ryan Murphy, so it made sense. It's not uncommon for an actor to hug/kiss whoever was responsible for their job (director, showrunner, etc.) first.

I know that.  However, she seemed to just take her time kissing the guy--it wasn't just a quick peck on the cheek--while Taylor was just standing there, waiting.  

Fox gave a wife beating piece of shit his own show, so…..

True. And that's one of the reasons why I don't watch Empire.

I hated that people clapped for Mel. Stony silence would ensure he'd disappear for several years again.

• Love 8

Apparently he said "What the f*** does 'sugart*ts' even mean?"

He did say that...and whoever is working the censor tonight is either going to get canned or get a raise because his finger must be broken by now.

Tom Hanks...He's had some clunkers but he's an actor that can never steer me wrong.  Meanwhile I can see Denzel's smile from space.  

• Love 1
Hamm already had a Globe.

I know he does. I worded that badly and meant his last chance to win for role in Mad Men as the show has ended. 

Oooh do tell. I did not hear about this, but I want to know.

It wasn't anything negative but she just made it really obvious that she and Taylor barely knew each other and she'd only met her when Taylor's people contacted Zendaya's people for her to be in the Bad Blood video and then they sort of sat together at an Awards show. But you sure wouldn't think that if you'd seen Taylor's gushy tweet when Zendaya graduated high school and going on about how proud and in tears she was. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

Why is that wife-beating piece of shit on  my tv?

Because given what happened with Cosby this year - everyone looks like a Saint in comparison.

And I am glad Ricky was there to berate Gibson in person.  I loved the look on Alan Cummings face.   

• Love 2

She's actually friends with her people though.

No she's not. At least not all of them. Go read an interview with Zendaya talking about her and Taylor's "friendship..."

Taylor Swift didn't even meet Zendaya until that Bad Blood Video that Zendaya was cast/asked to be in. I was talking about real friends of Taylor that's her people (Selena, Hailee, Karlie), people she actually spends her off time with like Amy/Jennifer are trying to act like they are. 

• Love 1

Tom's intro for Denzel was awkward, no?

Actually, most of the writing has been crap so far.

Aww I can't hate on Leo, I thought he looked surprised and felt badly that his elbow was sticking out.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 5

And that awkward, laced-with-hostility moment between Ricky Gervais and Mel Gibson is exactly the reason I was thrilled to hear that Gervais was hosting again this year.  That's what I wanted.   He doesn't give a crap who he offends or what he says, nor does he care if he is invited back to host again.  I have zero problems with Mel Gibson being uncomfortable, as he proved what a lunatic he is in his ranting phone messages years ago, and his encounter with the cop.    So I am Team Gervais on that one.

I saw the awkward look and arm yank from Leo when Gaga was heading to the stage.  And I noticed that the audience did not clap as loudly for her as they had for other winners.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 10

At least Tom Hanks can present an award without making it all about him. Thank goodness Julia Roberts is far away from this show tonight.

Yes! I was glad Julia wasn't there to throw herself all over him and make it all about her.

• Love 3

I have never heard of Mr. Robot. And as mentioned above, I have respect for a lady Gaga's voice, so Leonardo's "shade" on her reflects worse on him than on her, IMO. He should be above that.

I didn't see any shade from Dicaprio at all. It looked to me like he was laughing when she bumped into him and he was surprised and the laugh turned into kind of a smirk with him not even being quite sure what happened. Maybe I have to see it again.

• Love 7

I would love to know if Leo actually watched even a single episode of Gaga on American Horror Story.  

I am having a hard time picturing that.  Isn't he too busy with his films and his models? 

One ought not shade what one knows nothing about, just a thought. 

I didn't see any shade from Dicaprio at all. It looked to me like he was laughing when she bumped into him and he was surprised and the laugh turned into kind of a smirk with him not even being quite sure what happened. Maybe I have to see it again.

I hope you are right.  I can't rewind and look since I have been channel surfing during breaks.  I am guessing since the GIF is already a thing, there might be some commentary on it tomorrow so we can have a second look.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein

I guess I need to watch mr. Robot.

My brother forced me to watch the pilot awhile back and I wasn't inspired to watch the rest of it.  But that may be because this was after he spoiled some major plot twists that apparently happen at the end of season 1.

I love Denzel (he can even make mediocre or formulaic movies better with just his charisma and talent), but that was a disappointing speech.  I thought he was joking at first, but it really did look like not having his glasses threw him off.  How did he let that happen?  He freaking new he was going to be speaking!  

• Love 4

. It looked to me like he was laughing when she bumped into him and he was surprised and the laugh turned into kind of a smirk with him not even being quite sure what happened. Maybe I have to see it again.

I think they may have monitors in the room so people in the back can see what's going on.  It wouldn't surprise me if Gaga saw he was laughing possibly at her because that bump into his hand didn't seem to be an accident.  

Oh yay Jamie Foxx making Washington's moment his own. What a surprise.

The day he and Julia Roberts present together is the day the planet self destructs with them trying to one up the other.  

• Love 5

I think the Leo thing is being exaggerated. It looked like he was laughing with someone while Gaga was walking to the stage and sort of jumped/flinched when she bumped into him and made an awkward face more to himself. I don't think it had anything to do with Gaga winning or against Gaga herself. Again, considering he was talking to and laughing with someone while she was walking up to the stage, I don't think Leo was even paying much attention at the time. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 24

Morgan Freeman wants to work with all of the director nominees?  You heard him, George Miller!  Mad Max 2 with Morgan Freeman!

I was wondering why Chris Evans was presenting for Spotlight, until he brought up his Boston roots.  For a second, I figured they just did it because obviously Steve Rodgers/Captain America would be all for taking down child molesting priests.

• Love 3

Taraji winning is fine, but seeing Eva Green reminds me how she is probably only behind Tatiana Maslany as one of my favorite actresses on TV now, so I'm glad at least someone is recognizing her work on Penny Dreadful, even if she didn't win.

• Love 4