Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Chapter Twenty - The Foundling

• Start Topic

Title: The Foundling

Mandalorian Daycamp needs remedial classes on threat identification... No swimming allowed... so stand on the beach oblivious to the GIANT Eagle...

• Like 6
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 3

My thoughts on this episode:

1. All hail The Armorer, the New Mother of Dragons!

2. I thought one of the extra Mandos had a lot of red on his armor, so it crossed my mind that he might be the one who dies during the mission.

3. Poor Grogu having flashbacks while watching The Armorer...just like his daddy. His sad little face broke my heart.

4. Do we know the Jedi who rescued Grogu or is he a new character? He wasn't on the screen much, but I liked him.

That's all for now.

• Like 13
5 minutes ago, vadare said:

4. Do we know the Jedi who rescued Grogu or is he a new character? He wasn't on the screen much, but I liked him.

That was Ahmed Best (i.e Jar Jar).  He played a Jedi in a web show, so I think it's supposed to be the same one.

• Like 13
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeguy said:

That was Ahmed Best (i.e Jar Jar).  He played a Jedi in a web show, so I think it's supposed to be the same one.

One of the other characters called him by his full name, “Kelleran Beq.”

38 minutes ago, ybrik said:

Grogu wasn’t the only one getting flashbacks as I was getting flashbacks of my parents from my little league days watching Bo and Mando during Grogu’s training scene.

Din’s soccer dad energy at the beginning was very funny.  But he knows what his kid can do, you have to give him that.  Bo-Katan worrying over Grogu was very cute, too.

Since Pedro Pascal couldn’t be on set most of this season due to other filming obligations, did it take him about 3 minutes per episode to do voicework this season?   Din has always been laconic, but I feel that he is talking less than ever.  The show also isn’t really giving him an arc yet this season when we are halfway through it, which  stands out only because Grogu and Bo-Katan have been given ones.   Such a cheat to show Bo-Katan de-helmeting but not Din, haha.

Did Din say that he was Grogu’s ward?  I thought “ward” meant the person under care, not the carer.  Maybe Din’s arc will be acknowledgement of fatherhood, and not “only” guardianship.  It seemed significant that nearly every other character calls Din Grogu’s dad, or Grogu Din’s son, for at least the past couple of seasons, but he has never said it himself.  Probably because no one ever said it to him, poor dude.

The Mandalorians have got to move off that beach.  It’s been 0 days since last work-related accident.  :-(

Edited by Peace 47
  • Like 9
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1

Loved this episode!

Grogu's flashback was heartbreaking. Kelleran was a real hero from getting him to safety (lovely to see Ahmed Best in the role) And I too want to know how Grogu went from safe on Kelleran's ship to all alone.

Grogu's training scene: Din is always the proud dad. I laughed at Bo Katan saying "My dad was the same way."

Armorer & Co need to find a new location for their covert. This one seems decidedly unsafe.

Bo saying "This is the Way" feels kinda momentous, no?

So now 3 baby dragons have been brought as foundlings to the covert. Their training should be fun 😝

I love love love this show!

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Like 15
  • LOL 1
27 minutes ago, Peace 47 said:

Did Din say that he was Grogu’s ward?  I thought “ward” meant the person under care, not the carer.  Maybe Din’s arc will be acknowledgement of fatherhood, and not “only” guardianship.  It seemed significant that nearly every other character calls Din Grogu’s dad, or Grogu Din’s son, for at least the past couple of seasons, but he has never said it himself.  Probably because no one ever said it to him, poor dude.

After seeing Paz Visla call that kid his son. And very emphatically I must say. And the way Din picked up Grogu when he got back and looked at him, I think we are getting closer to him saying , Son,  soon.

Grogu's sad face, I wanted to hug him. I really liked the new Jedi. And without clear vision (my glasses are ood),  from far away he looked like Sterling K. Brown. 

But Armorer lady, you do know that Grogu isn't getting that much bigger? I do love she acknowledged their father/son relationship with his own Mudhorn emblem.

And I'm starting to like Bo.  Her insistence that she saw a real Mythasaur, it was like a kid being dismissed. And of course the way she is with Grogu. 

And now we have entered How to Train a Dragon crossover.

Edited by callmebetty
  • Like 11
  • Love 5

At first when they said that they needed to get Grogu to Kelleran (during the Order 66 flashbacks), I thought that was the name of a place.  As has already been established here, the Jedi that saved him is Kelleran Beq.  Here's his Wookiepedia page: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Kelleran_Beq  He's from a show that I've never heard of, but I like him so far!

This episode was good, but too short.  It felt more like season one.  I was definitely pretty angry that Din went with the hunting party and left Grogu behind with the Armorer!  I figured he'd be fine, but his PTSD episode was heartbreaking.  Din should have been the one there for him.  Plus we all know that Din has no qualms about taking him dangerous places...

• Like 10
  • Useful 1

I was less enthused with this episode. I did not think the training session cute because I got the distinct feeling Grogu did not want to fight not because he was afraid but because he does not consider this the Way for him 🤷‍♂️ the flashbacks were heartbreaking. 

Seeing Bo Katan with her helmet on after we've seen her face for quite some time just brings home how much we lose when we can't see each others face - I guess that was one of the reasons we got to see her for a brief moment without helmet.

Call me heartless but I envisioned a different fate for the baby raptors. Mandalorians got to eat. And now I wonder how they manage to pull that off. The group seems quite big and it does not look as if many of them are out bounty-hunting. 

Edited by MissLucas
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

This episode was good, but too short.

I'm wondering if they retooled the last episode, and pulled the scenes with Mando and Bo from this episode so that we weren't only following the doctor. This episode was on the short side, while the last episode was longer than usual. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
3 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

I did not think the training session cute because I got the distinct feeling Grogu did not want to fight not because he was afraid but because he does not consider this the Way for him 🤷‍♂️ the flashbacks were heartbreaking.

It’s possible.  I initially read it more as Grogu doing the thing that he almost always does, which is express some trepidation about doing something scary to him, and then absolutely crushing it, like using the Force on the silver ball last season in front of Ahsoka, or guiding Bo into the caves in episode 2.  I think it’s part of what makes this show family entertainment:  the kid overcomes fears to succeed at something.

27 minutes ago, callmebetty said:

After seeing Paz Visla call that kid his son. And very emphatically I must say. And the way Din picked up Grogu when he got back and looked at him, I think we are getting closer to him saying , Son,  soon.

I would love this for both Din and Grogu.  I feel like the issue has been hanging out there for awhile, but Bo and Paz are really driving it home in different ways in this episode.  There’s definitely a remaining wall there.  Din’s pet name for Grogu is “Kid,” but he never ever calls him “my kid” or even “my foundling” (just a “foundling in my care”).

• Like 7
  • Love 2

I get that Din is proud of Grogu/confident in his abilities, but to have his very first bit of Mandalorian training be sparring with another kid instead of learning *any* sort of basics is ridiculous. Yes, Grogu pulled out the victory in the end, but that was an absurd situation to put him in. Din did make me laugh, though, when he was all, "Don't look at me, look at him," and I liked Bo-Katan trying to reassure Grogu.

Lovely to see Ahmed Best playing a Jedi in the flashback. Poor Grogu. I liked that, while he was obviously scared during the ordeal, you could also tell he got kind of a thrill out of flying. Did he latch onto Mando originally because he reminded him of Kelleran? Wonder what happened there.

Lol, Bo-Katan trying to get the Armorer to understand that she legit saw a Mythosaur. Like:

"No, I'm not talking about a metaphor or a vision, I'm talking about the *actual* ancient creature that we all thought was extinct!!"

"Yes, yes, we are shown many things, this is the way."

*The Armorer leaves, Bo-Katan screams in aggravation*

• Like 11
  • LOL 10

I liked this episode. Yess to all things mandalorian. Except that location, they need to change adress fast or go on in an extermination expedition. Grogu continues to be cute, that´s not wearing off anytime soon I guess, for the good of the show. I don´t mind him being left behind, hanging out with the armorer is a nice excuse for some exposition. Now Im wondering what other species there are as mandalorians, Grogu wouldn´t be the first, right? Of course the helmet is convenient to keep the mistery.

Bo being cute with Grogu only makes me like her more. What started as Din's redemption arch turned into her redemption arch, kinda. I wonder how she really feels about the creed. I felt it was a bit sad that they all had to go eat in solitude. It seems to be a tight brotherhood, perhaps that helps deal with the distance they keep from each other.  There's something "jedi like" about dealing with things by way of "this is the way", period. Like how Paz wasn´t at all thrill with Din and Bo at first, but they bathed in the waters so there you go, this is the way, move on.

Edited by minamurray78
  • Like 12
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MissLucas said:

I was less enthused with this episode. I did not think the training session cute because I got the distinct feeling Grogu did not want to fight not because he was afraid but because he does not consider this the Way for him 🤷‍♂️ the flashbacks were heartbreaking. 

I didn’t love it either. I didn’t think there were any indications Grogu was afraid. 

I think it’s interesting what they exploring with The Children of the Watch through Grogu and Bo but I really do not want this to go on for much longer. 

We’ve already seen Grogu reject the rigid Jedi ways and I wouldn’t be surprised if it is being set up for him to do the same with Din’s sect. 

10 minutes ago, Dani said:

I didn’t think there were any indications Grogu was afraid.

Didn’t it seem like he was pretty nervous before the match started?  He kept looking back at Din so much that Din had to say “Don’t look at me, look at him,” which I swear my dad said word-for-word when he coached my brother’s 8-year old baseball team.  I couldn’t also help but think of South Park’s Randy Marsh yelling “Take the shot!!!!!” to his son’s pee-wee hockey team when all the little preschoolers can do is shuffle along on the ice.

Din really should have taken Grogu to the “snack shack” for a treat after the match, a staple of kid baseball when I was a kid.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

I know it was revealed to be Foundling training, but I had to laugh at the whole covert out on the beach beating each other up and shooting at the water - I thought, “is this what they do for fun?” 😄

Edited by Capricasix
  • Like 3
  • LOL 9
44 minutes ago, Dani said:

We’ve already seen Grogu reject the rigid Jedi ways and I wouldn’t be surprised if it is being set up for him to do the same with Din’s sect. 

I had the same thought when Grogu was watching the Armorer forge his latest armor piece. Like he was thinking "not ANOTHER rigid code!"

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
34 minutes ago, Peace 47 said:

Didn’t it seem like he was pretty nervous before the match started?

Some but it didn’t read as fear to me. More a reluctance to use his powers. 

34 minutes ago, Peace 47 said:

He kept looking back at Din so much that Din had to say “Don’t look at me, look at him,” which I swear my dad said word-for-word when he coached my brother’s 8-year old baseball team.

I saw him looking at Din to be him saying, “Really? Is this what you want me to do?” Grogu had to know he could easily win and was not in any danger. 

I think Grogu's reluctance to participate in the training exercise was all of the above.  He was afraid because it was new and doesn't use weapons, he didn't want to do it because that's not really his thing, and he isn't sure what everything is all about yet.  He's used to daddy and me road trips across the galaxy, and not being a member of a tribe that now has to train and follow rigid rules.  I think that any one of these issues, or a different one, will be shown to be the predominant one in due time.  

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
38 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

I had to laugh at the whole covert out on the beach beating each other up and shooting at the water

I also got a laugh out of that. No wonder the space gator pops up from time to time to chew on a Mando or two with all that racket going on. And they didn't do themselves any favors feeding it a giant space chicken either. Yes that will keep it busy for a while but now it is going to become accustomed to that kind of food and since you're the source...

3 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Call me heartless but I envisioned a different fate for the baby raptors. Mandalorians got to eat.

As fun as it would have been to have a scene where the Armorer announces that they will be having fried chicken for dinner for the next two months, there is still the logistical issue of how to cook it. And knowing this bunch there probably is a specific code about not getting space chicken grease on the forge.

I also have to call out the Mandalorians for the ridiculousness of the helmet rule. Don't take off your helmet except every day three times a day when you eat. And here's a foundling who can train without a helmet on because he's too young to say the creed. So... looks like we're already a little flexible when it comes to helmets, no?

I got a kick out of Paz Vizsla climbing a sheer cliff while carrying his giant gun. You already know you can't use it so why haul it up the mountain with you? But being overburdened with gear you don't need in every situation is their thing so This is the Way I guess.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, dwmarch said:

And knowing this bunch there probably is a specific code about not getting space chicken grease on the forge.

You might be right LOL! After mulling over the episode a bit longer I think we'll see the baby raptors being trained as mounts. That would give the covert some tactical advantage when the next giant critter attack plus it will provide excellent training for mythosaur riding. So far Mando's riding skills (with the Bantha in season one and the Rancor in TBOBF) were not that impressive.

I wonder if the Armourer is already pondering the design of Grogu's helmet. Poor dude - from one cult with questionable ethics to the next.

Edited by MissLucas
  • Like 10
38 minutes ago, dwmarch said:

Don't take off your helmet except every day three times a day when you eat. And here's a foundling who can train without a helmet on because he's too young to say the creed. So... looks like we're already a little flexible when it comes to helmets, no?

I thought that was more an indication of their inflexibility. That even amongst only fellow clan members they had to eat in complete solitude away from the light and warmth of the fire. I was picturing some of them hanging out in the bushes waiting for Bo to put her helmet back on. 

The father and son reveal did make me hopeful we might get more details on the parameters of the rule with immediate family. 

Yeah, between the dangerous water creatures and flying raptors, The Armorer and the rest of the Mandalorians really should be thinking about relocation at this point.  Especially since they even referred to it happening before but just basically being "This is the way!" about it.

As soon as the Jedi popped up in Grogu's flashback, I thought he looked familiar and after a few minutes there was a lot of "Wait, that can't be him, can it?", but yep, it totally was Ahmed Best!  Jar Jar Brinks has force powers after-all!  Glad to see him here and the continuation of letting those who got screwed over by the prequels get a chance to shine.  Always felt bad for him after hearing the hate he got (I mean, it's not like he was the one who wrote that dialogue and told to deliver it like a beyond stereotypical Jamaican for some low rent beach resort commercial.)

Glad Bo was able to gain some of the gangs respect by saving the youngling, but I'm still curious to see if she'll actually be one of them for long.  Still think there is hesitation there.  She looked very sad and awkward during the eating alone scene and watching everyone scurry off to their own corners to chow down.

I guess the show didn't want to go too bleak by just having them capture the baby raptors to potentially train them, because I would think that using them for food instead would have been the more realistic option.

Din being all "soccer dad" was fun, but I got the since Grogu isn't exactly thrilled with all of this fight training.  Look at the signs, dad!

Short episode, but a fun one at least.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Dani said:

I thought that was more an indication of their inflexibility. That even amongst only fellow clan members they had to eat in complete solitude away from the light and warmth of the fire. I was picturing some of them hanging out in the bushes waiting for Bo to put her helmet back on. 

The father and son reveal did make me hopeful we might get more details on the parameters of the rule with immediate family.

I am so anxiously awaiting some pushback against the inflexibility of it all.  Although I am having fun with this season, I do think it is missing character moment opportunities for Din (or Bo) that I really enjoyed in past seasons.

Bo was there when Din removed his helmet for Grogu in the S2 finale, right?  She knew why he did it and what the circumstances were for doing it.  Would have loved for a quiet moment at the campfire and for her to ask Din the question:  you’re redeemed, but you didn’t think removing your helmet was wrong to do in the first place, right?  You’d do it again?  So what does that make the rule?  Din and Bo are risking their lives to save Paz’s kid, and the day they remove their helmets, they will be shunned and possibly even attacked by the Covert, maybe even Paz himself.  Something like Bill Burr’s character pointing out in S2 that Din’s rigid rules “start to change when he gets desperate” (to save Grogu) would be nice to revisit. There’s nothing that good yet in the dialogue this season.

Maybe the examination of rigidity will only come about when Grogu pushes back forcefully (or Force-fully, haha) against Din on this continued path, or Grogu is somehow endangered by the rules in some way.

Edited by Peace 47
Missing word
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1

Ahmed Best saved Grogu.  All the speculation people had, like it was Quinlan Vos (my guess was Vos or the Gathering younglings), or any other Jedi we had met, and it was a Jedi played by Ahmed Best.  That was fantastic.  A great middle finger to people who put Ahmed Best through so much shit for the prequels.  And he went back for more younglings.  So, it's possible that he's the one that saved Gungi and maybe others from the Gathering crew.  Ahmed Best deserves to have that legacy in Star Wars.

• Like 13

So we made up for the very little Mandalorians last episode, to see all the Mandalorians. 

I don't think they have very young or small foundlings like Grogu wear a helmet. We saw Visla's son get his helmet in the first episode. So he wasn't wearing it before. It's probably something earned through their tests. Or it's the last piece of armor. 

Poor Grogu seeing flashbacks to the fall of the Jedi. Grogu didn't look scared to me, just unsure. Din is such a proud dad. He knows what Grogu is capable of despite his small size. The foundling should know not to underestimate people. 

Bo was probably thinking it's lonely to eat by yourself with their stupid helmet rule. Even if she's found her faith again after seeing a mythsaur. Even if no one believes her. 

I can see why the mando's can live in that place in secret. It's full of huge deadly animals. Maybe they can train those baby raptors and fly on them since their jetpacks need fuel and those don't. 

• Like 7

I thought it was interesting that Grogu and Kelleran Beq escaped in a Naboo ship. Based on the timeline and how deep in denial Padme was at that point it, she wasn’t behind it. That leaves Jar Jar as the most likely ally which would make Beq’s line about his friend very meta. 

1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

Maybe they can train those baby raptors and fly on them since their jetpacks need fuel and those don't.

The raptors seem to need fuel in the form of Mandalorian children, though, so you know, pros and cons.  There is no clean energy in Star Wars, I guess.  🤷‍♀️

Edited by Peace 47
  • Like 1
  • LOL 7

How long ago did Din kill that croc? Based on Kenobi canon, desert slaughterhouses are remarkably effective at preventing spoilage without refrigeration. There should be plenty to feed their pets...

• Like 1

Grogu's development on this show makes it stand out. The audience is invested in his journey. This would not work if he was purely a caricature or CGI. I liked the training scene because it said a lot about Din and Grogu. Din was a total soccer Dad. I think Grogu really wants to imitate Din but he's cautious about others for good reason.

Both him and Bo Katan are being accepted into this family. While it is still a cult, there is a sense of community and acceptance. It's no wonder the covert is more tightly knit and stronger than Bo Katan's last alliance. I did think it's rather sad how they all eat alone like that.

I don't watch these shows for the action. I do think all the action scenes worked in this short episode. It showed Kelleran and Grogu's adventure. I'm pleased that Ahmed Best got such a kick ass role back into the franchise. The rescue mission also showed how well Mandalorians work together and Bo Katan's leadership. She's been shown consistently as one of the strongest characters physically. I think Din has some strengths but she's rescued him twice and she has a strategic mind as well.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I really enjoyed this episode.  I ave to admit when mama was killed my first thought was oh those poor babies will starve to death.  I was ridiculously happy that the brought the babies back to camp.

I don't think Grogu will follow the Way of The Mandalore, I think he's going to walk his own path.  

• Like 11
  • Love 4

So much better than last week for me! They gotta relocate!  The whole time Grogu was playing near the water   I was fretting that one of those turtle alligators was going to snatch him like a little bonbon.

I almost cried when Grogu looked so sad and frightened before he flash-backed. It is so wrong for a small child to have PTSD.

I read that the actor who played the Jedi who rescued Grogu was bullied and mistreated by Star Wars fans who hated his character for years. How wonderful that he will now forever be known as the hero who saved Grogu at the temple.

Din is never going to give up his cult  and Bo-Katan is already at the    stage where she has started to confide in the Armourer.   This was not the way I thought this was going to go.  We need a miracle so the Armourer will ease up  on that darn helmet rule.  Because otherwise as soon as our precious boy can string a couple of sentences together they will plop a helmet on Grogu and he will go along with it to please Din.  And all we will get to see is his ears sticking out   from the helmet. He seemed rather pleased to be getting the Bescar chest plate.                                 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, magdalene said:

Because otherwise as soon as our precious boy can string a couple of sentences together they will plop a helmet on Grogu and he will go along with it to please Din.

Never going to happen. There is no way they are going to put that merchandising goldmine behind a helmet 24/7. 

2 minutes ago, magdalene said:

Din is never going to give up his cult  and Bo-Katan is already at the    stage where she has started to confide in the Armourer. 

I didn’t get that feeling at all. I feel like we are moving in the direction of Din stepping away from the Dogma. It’s just going to be a gradual process since this is all he knows.  I’ve felt since the first season that this will be Din’s arc through the entire run of the show. 

Well, after two good eps, I guess a clinker was inevitable. And it featured Grogu, which assured it would be boring.

Wasted time showing us Grogu’s escape. Unnecessary.

These Mandalorians aren’t very bright. They regularly run out of fuel chasing the dragon? No new ideas, huh?

And for a cult that is obsessed with keeping their helmets on, seems like wandering off to take them off to eat would result in a lot of accidental reveals. Maybe they need to open a base camp in the mines of Manda’lor for all the people who had someone unexpectedly enter a room or come around a tree.

Also, why would a creature keep prey alive for what, hours? Before feeding it to its offspring? Aside from giving the rescue party time to get there.

Nice touch bringing the dragon babies back, though I don’t know how that worked on that ship.

Katie needed a magazine or Kindle while waiting. What is the big deal with acting like the Mythosaur sighting wasn’t real? They don’t have cameras in their fancy helmets? 

So that ep was a whole lot of nothing. 

Edited by Ottis
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
19 minutes ago, Dani said:

Never going to happen. There is no way they are going to put that merchandising goldmine behind a helmet 24/7. 

Ah, but you're forgetting the tiny helmets they could sell as accessories for all the Baby Yodas already sold. And think of all the customizing: Grogu helmets in the colors of your favorite sports teams, pink helmets, flower print helmets, helmets with cool slogans, this is a merchandising beskar-mine!

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
2 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

Ah, but you're forgetting the tiny helmets they could sell as accessories for all the Baby Yodas already sold. And think of all the customizing: Grogu helmets in the colors of your favorite sports teams, pink helmets, flower print helmets, helmets with cool slogans, this is a merchandising beskar-mine!

I’m not. In order to sell those add-ons we still need to see those big eyes and adorable ears on screen frequently. Sure cover them in a helmet occasionally but 24/7 doesn’t work. Grogu taking the creed and never taking the helmet off limits the storytelling and merchandising potential. 

11 hours ago, ybrik said:

Ahmed Best deserves this chance for all the crap that probably got heaped on him for Jar Jar. Hopefully

Said crap included death threats to the point where he considered suicide and required therapy.

I tell you sometimes Sci-Fi fans really suck…

• Like 1
  • Sad 17
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I really enjoyed this episode.  I ave to admit when mama was killed my first thought was oh those poor babies will starve to death.  I was ridiculously happy that the brought the babies back to camp.

I don't think Grogu will follow the Way of The Mandalore, I think he's going to walk his own path.  

That was my first thought too! I thought you guys killed their mama! How terrible! I was happy - as ridiculous as it was - when they brought them back.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Why does Coruscant even bother to have flying traffic "lanes" when it seems like every time we visit there (regardless of SW show), our main characters completely ignore them?

Edited by Cthulhudrew
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2

Can you imagine if the leader of the war party was a slow eater and had to chew every bite of food like 50 times, while all the other mandos are hanging around waiting in the dark bushes?

I don´t feel like Grogu was afraid before the challenge with the other kid. I think of something mentioned in past seasons, about how he had received some training but had to hide his abilities so to speak after leaving the temple. Even Luke said he was more like remembering things rather than learning. It looked to me like he was waiting for Din to ok the use of his powers.

I didn´t care for Jar Jar either but jeez, some fans are crazy

Edited by minamurray78
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2
8 hours ago, Capricasix said:

I know it was revealed to be Foundling training, but I had to laugh at the whole covert out on the beach beating each other up and shooting at the water - I thought, “is this what they do for fun?” 😄

I was puzzled by the Mandos using live flamethrowers against each other as training. How exactly does that work? "Don't worry, those are just practice third degree burns."

1 hour ago, MissLucas said:

Ah, but you're forgetting the tiny helmets they could sell as accessories for all the Baby Yodas already sold.

How about adult sized helmets with yoda ears sticking out from the sides?

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

Here's a new motto for the Mandalorians: "We look cool, but we're not the sharpest tacks in the wall."

Not a great episode. The Grogu flashback was great (and sad). Ahmed Best did a good job.

But there were some really bad gaps in logic in the episode involving the giant bird taking the kid.

• Like 1

I think the Armorer should perform some ritual or spell on Ragnar, that boy seems to be monster-nip supreme. They could keep him in the cave but given his luck chances are a giant badger with a venomous stinger will break through the walls.

Edited by MissLucas
  • Like 1
  • LOL 7

I didn't have Bo-Katan turning into Grogu's cool aunt/supportive stepmother on my season 3 bingo card, but I'm honestly loving it and finding it adorable. 

15 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I was definitely pretty angry that Din went with the hunting party and left Grogu behind with the Armorer!  I figured he'd be fine, but his PTSD episode was heartbreaking.  Din should have been the one there for him.  Plus we all know that Din has no qualms about taking him dangerous places...

To me, the fact that Din did not take him along indicated this was incredibly dangerous and serious. If even Din won't take Grogu on the adventure, then you know it has to be a serious next level of peril. 

11 hours ago, dwmarch said:

And here's a foundling who can train without a helmet on because he's too young to say the creed. So... looks like we're already a little flexible when it comes to helmets, no?

My understanding is that all of the rules regarding helmets, codes, and other parts of the culture do not start until an individual takes the creed, so they do not have to follow all of the rules regarding helmets, codes, until they take the creed. 

8 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I don't think they have very young or small foundlings like Grogu wear a helmet. We saw Visla's son get his helmet in the first episode. So he wasn't wearing it before. It's probably something earned through their tests. Or it's the last piece of armor. 

That's what I think. Once someone takes the creed, that's the moment all of the rules/restrictions kick in, but not until then. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1