Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E07: Week 7

• Start Topic

(edited)
15 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

So was Kat covering up a smile with her hand as Brooklyn's suitcase was rolled away?

Let’s see how long that smirk lasts. Till RC 🤔 I don’t like her at all and she was one of my favorites week 1. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Probably should have invested in water proof mascara. I can see Gabi and Kaity being good friends after this, they’re both fun and nice. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 2

Has there ever been such a telegraphed F4?   And even F1…. I’d be shocked if it wasn’t Kaity.  

Kaity and Gabi…after a couple of bottles of wine?   Very fun and funny.  

• Like 12

I adore Kaity and Gabi in that bubble bath. They seem like they’ve developed a great friendship. I feel like one of them will get Zach and the other will get the lead. 

• Like 11
(edited)

FF’ed through most of the episode. Saw a bunch of crying and exits.

Great group of girls for hometowns. Zach did very well. 

Kaity - kind, pretty, warm. Closest in wavelength with Zach. I can see them together for real. 

Gaby - down to earth, funny, easy rapport with Zach. Another great match for Zach. 

Ariel - confident, cool, articulate, witty, worldly. Possibly a touch out of Zach’s league, and he likes it. Her family is going to be amazing.

Charity - most striking of the 4 but a bit guarded. I’ll need to go back to watch the mentalist date to see what she revealed. Not sure she’s even that into Zach. 

PS: I’m intrigued by Brooklyn’s thick silver glitter eyeshadow. Can someone with more experience with makeup share how it’s able to stick to her eyelids? 

Edited by kazza
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, Riplet68 said:

So...The producers could have fed him Charity's answer before hand...but Ariel and Gabi's answers could have been almost anytihng.  And the producers totally fed him the questions for Kat.

I would not call myself the most perceptive person on the planet - I was friends with a man who turned out to be a serial rapist/murderer and still can't believe it - but I totally got all the answers right for each woman, to the letter. So it seemed obvious to me what the answers were and I imagine the mentalist probably thought the answers were transparent also. I said the word(s) outloud, then the woman said them, then the mentalist turned the slate over and there were the words. 100 percent score.  Less 'magic!' and more 'well, duh!'.

It also seems obvious to me that Zach is looking for easy to live with woman and not high maintenance woman. Which explains his reactions to women who get all sticky and clingy and super emotional and difficult to interpret or placate. Honestly he seems kind of shallow to me at this point. YMMV of course.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 1

Not done watching yet here on the West Coast. He's in the spa with Brooklyn, who is annoying, so taking a break.

Kaity reveals she's from a broken home with a single mother, and Zach's reaction is SO over the top "Oh, no, that's terrible! I can't even imagine. How horrible for you!" Dude. Chill out. Tell her she turned out great, and accept it.

Poor Greer. I hope the show gives her an express ticket for the next Bachelor show, or sticks her on the next BiP at least.

Yay, Greer got the group date rose. LOL how that Mentalist got under their collective skin. Pretty amazing. I felt Kat spoke real when she said she revealed things she may not even have wanted to. It's like they tricked it out of her. Ick.

Oooo, Budapest so pretty! Hope to visit someday.

• Like 2
(edited)

The headline of People's recap of this episode starts with "Bachelor Zach Shallcross Dumps Woman Recovering from COVID" so the People writers must really dislike him. 🤣

I just can't with "mentalists" or other charlatans of that kind. I would have walked out of that date, hometowns be damned.

5 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Budapest is beautiful but you can see Soviet-inspired architecture here and there. Maybe this season's tour is a nod to the old Soviet empire. (Not that Hungary was in the Soviet Union, but the Soviet iron fist was there behind the scenes.)

Like the House of Terror Museum! Budapest has many beautiful sights, but it was the House of Terror that's made the biggest impression on me.

4 hours ago, phlebas said:

I wish someone would fly me to Budapest to get dumped.

I did once get dumped during a trip to Budapest (more like a mutual breakup, but still). It was a long and lonesome train ride back to Germany.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Like 1
  • Sad 8
3 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

I would not call myself the most perceptive person on the planet - I was friends with a man who turned out to be a serial rapist/murderer and still can't believe it - but I totally got all the answers right for each woman, to the letter. So it seemed obvious to me what the answers were and I imagine the mentalist probably thought the answers were transparent also. I said the word(s) outloud, then the woman said them, then the mentalist turned the slate over and there were the words. 100 percent score.  Less 'magic!' and more 'well, duh!'.

It also seems obvious to me that Zach is looking for easy to live with woman and not high maintenance woman. Which explains his reactions to women who get all sticky and clingy and super emotional and difficult to interpret or placate. Honestly he seems kind of shallow to me at this point. YMMV of course.

Were your friend’s initials T B, by chance?

If I were Zach, I’d be insulted if “safety” was the reason I was desired (or not,  really, seemingly.)

• Like 2

I really like Katie, and can even forgive all her "likes," but saying that her father "tried to come back into my brother and I's life..."

I's is NOT A WORD. It is NEVER a word. Where do people learn that somehow "I" is the polite form of "my"???????

• Like 4
  • Applause 5

I completely agree that Greer was toast but I felt bad for her all the same.  Her crying was EPIC and strange and went on forever--that whispery voice! what was that?? It's horrible to say but I liked her most when she was on her way out.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, dleighg said:

Where do people learn that somehow "I" is the polite form of "my"???????

From hearing it constantly, everywhere.  I'm the biggest grammar pedant around, and even I sometimes have a tiny moment of doubt when I use "me" correctly.

Anyone else notice that in the letter Kaity typed, she spelled her name "Katy"? 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

So when Greer meets up with Zach, she says "it's been three weeks." Is that them playing with real time vs watching time? I mean people are rarely in quarantine for 3 weeks...

And I have trouble with this whole idea that one NEEDS to meet the fams to decide whether your partner is right for you. I've been married 33 years. I met his parents when we were darn close to being engaged (we lived on the other side of the country). My decision on my husband was not going to be based on how that meeting went; and in fact his mom (as many moms of sons are) was not sure I was the right one for her son LOL. We got over it. It seems to me this is just another way to have a different plot line than buggy rides and skydiving and snorkeling in glamorous/fun places.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I have a thought on the mentalist.  Even though the answers were pretty guessable, what if the chalkboard was a type of iPad and someone else was writing the answers on the screen made to look like chalk?  That's all I can think of.

And once again.... "I's" is NOT A WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
20 minutes ago, dleighg said:

And I have trouble with this whole idea that one NEEDS to meet the fams to decide whether your partner is right for you. I've been married 33 years. I met his parents when we were darn close to being engaged (we lived on the other side of the country). My decision on my husband was not going to be based on how that meeting went; and in fact his mom (as many moms of sons are) was not sure I was the right one for her son LOL. We got over it. It seems to me this is just another way to have a different plot line than buggy rides and skydiving and snorkeling in glamorous/fun places.

I see it as a setup for the inevitable skeptical parents/protective sibling who corners the bachelor with distrust and warnings.

After a certain age you marry who you want, regardless of parental approval.

• Like 6

It is like no one was ever taught grammar.  Are you coming with Joe and me? Or Are you coming with Joe and I?   Just remove Joe from the sentence.  Are you coming with me?  Are you coming with I?   The correct option is clear.  

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

One wonders what the Freedom Fighters of the 1950s and numerous other dissidents behind the Iron Curtain might think of 21st century post-Soviet Europe. They would probably be gratified to see independence and democracy and so much of the striking architecture preserved. The Hungarian flag visible in the opening shot has a round hole in the middle symbolizing the cutting out of a red-star seal during the rebellion against communism.

They might be less impressed with the arrival of a Yankee dating show in which one person gets all the dates – they might even be tempted to compare The Bachelor to high-level government officials hoarding all the desirable women. Going back in history, King Coloman the Learned (reign 1095-1116) banned the burning of witches so thanks to his forbearance and vision Kat and Brooklyn are safe a millennium later.

Zach walks through a train station and past dozens of digitally blurred faces. In another bit of producer-engineered ‘luck’ he finds a food vendor who speaks English although English on the continent is common especially in tourist areas. The rapidly-dwindling number of Bachelorettes are suitably impressed with Budapest although, as in London, they climb aboard mass transit and peer through a window rather than walk the streets and take it all in.

If Chris Harrison trafficked almost exclusively in chit-chat, Jesse Palmer can manage only 10 seconds of small talk before getting to the serious business of the team roster and the gameplan. 6 days in quarantine is the kind of false precision and overcaution that has doomed Greer’s chances no matter how optimistic (read: naïve) she is or how much Zach obfuscates.

If the clocks are to be believed the women hit the streets at 7:45 and the date card doesn’t arrive til noon. That’s a lot of time to fill by exploring the hotel suite. If Ariel brought her own wardrobe, she’s killing it. If she didn’t, she’s killing it anyway. The green sweater is lucky again and Kaity gets a date – it seems like she’s had ten of them already as Zach never misses a chance to whisk her into a side room for a canoodle.

For reasons unclear Kaity ditches the very functional sweater for an impractical cutaway top – well, impractical except for the bared midriff that gets Zach’s attention. If we were to apply Western PA vernacular to the funicular (eh? eh?) we would call it an incline. More of the usual pepper-infused liqueur and tourist traps follow but at least the scenery shames the Disney imagineers.

A public typewriter (?) entreats Zach & Kaity to write something. Zach says it will be a poem and then the ‘perfect man’ types…prose. Slowly. Kaity’s reply to Zachary Shacklecross (a minor character in the Harry Potter series) is also not poetry. And the shift key goes unused which makes it look more like a ransom note which, in a way, it is.

Either time is standing still at noon or these are stock shots of the clock as the others wait in the suite. Kat continues to give herself unconvincing pep talks. Is that the rumble of a going-home SUV’s engine we hear in the background?

Kaity breaks out the green again as the greens on the plate go uneaten again. It would be unfair to casually say Kaity has daddy issues but Kaity has….daddy issues. The real kind. Still, a rose is a dead cert for this one. Lessee…what’s the old formula? 36C…double it and add 30. The water’s 102F – wait, it’s only officially 96.8F. Kaity’s suit bottom has the production team worried they might have to ship the black censor box overnight from Mexico but the water preserves her modesty.

Interesting that the group date Bachelorettes don’t even carry handbags but perhaps that’s to encourage a slinky runway strut and man-eater Ariel obliges with another one of her cleavage-displaying special numbers.

Charity is keen to utilize the mentalist’s powers but those same powers leave her in floods of tears later. The powers aren’t real, dear, and rely on ‘talking up’ techniques that fueled a thousand Jerry Springer and Jeremy Kyle shows to identify vulnerabilities and catchphrases. Is the mentalist actually writing or is tapping chalk to simulate it? He has very neat handwriting, if it’s his. Hmmm…. Still, it’s better and more entertaining than another session with, er, Latto.

It's been hinted at previously but now we’re getting some insight into Ariel’s Ukrainian-Jewish family and background. She nails Dad’s accent and his skepticism. Is this a bad time to ask if she’ll be permitted to marry outside the religion? And will Dad adhere to the script during hometowns?

Charity has been knocking the red collection kettle over and spilling the emotional coins for most of this episode. Zach’s brow is furrowed and he’s looking down constantly – and it isn’t at the coins on the floor.

It’s hilarious to watch Ice Queen Ariel’s non-reactions to the crying jags from the others. They might get a perfunctory nod of the head in response but they interpret it as a license to rabbit on for another 15 minutes while Ariel’s probably mentally working on a plan to eventually own half of Manhattan.

Gabi? We understand now. It combines ‘gab’ as in incessant chatter with ‘I’ as in the usual low-grade me-me-me narcissism. Uh, Zach, if they’re telling you up front they’re going to be a neurotic handful you should probably believe them. If we’re comparing the Ariel romantic encounter to the Gabi encounter then there really is no comparison.

Uh oh – Kat has been reading from The Book Of Jess. Cry and moan about a single date or lack of and Zach will send you down the Blue Danube without waltzing with you first.

Kat may pass Greer on the mighty river as covid-delayed Greer is steaming upstream against a strong current and not making a lot of progress. Zach holes the SS Greer below the waterline – never mind that it’s no longer a plague ship – and it sinks quickly.

Brooklyn arrives and we haven’t seen this many questionable shades of denim clothing since The Brady Bunch went off the air. Baráti zóna is Hungarian for Friend Zone and Brooklyn may be cycling, floating (balloon) or floating again (public hot baths) into it quickly. Zach’s poker face fails him again. He’s tilting the chin up, the head back and keeping his distance compared to the swan-like embrace he had with Kaity in the water. If he were a horse he’d be rearing back. Brooklyn has seen plenty of horses so she might recognize it.

When Zach turns them loose he doesn’t hang about. Brooklyn doesn’t even get time to wipe her tears away. If she isn’t a prime candidate for Bachelor In Paradise I’ll eat my cowboy hat. And hers. She won’t need it on the beach anyway where she’ll have the lads queuing to do shots (and more) with her. Cue the dramatic removal of her suitcase which is less dramatically and more conveniently located by the door. For some reason this sets Charity off but what doesn’t at this point?

It's possibly the least dramatic rose ceremony in history given the way Zach is telegraphing his moves but by now we have learned to appreciate Charity’s hard-faced we-are-not-amused expressions. At least they’re genuine. If it weren’t for the rounded ears we might start to suspect that Ariel is a Vulcan because she breezes through these events with very little emotion. Kat, on the other hand, is in bits but she looks Arielesque compared to poor Zach.

Edited by Rainsong
  • Like 5
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, Rainsong said:

t’s hilarious to watch Ice Queen Ariel’s non-reactions to the crying jags from the others. They might get a perfunctory nod of the head in response but they interpret it as a license to rabbit on for another 15 minutes while Ariel’s probably mentally working on a plan to eventually own half of Manhattan.

Your whole post was hilarious, but this was the best bit. She's way too smart for this guy, and this show.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, NaughtyKitty said:

I have a thought on the mentalist.  Even though the answers were pretty guessable, what if the chalkboard was a type of iPad and someone else was writing the answers on the screen made to look like chalk?  That's all I can think of.

And once again.... "I's" is NOT A WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He had really beautiful handwriting, almost unnatural (of course, I can’t read my own handwriting ….)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
16 hours ago, dizzyd said:

There’s a spoiler in the Bachelorette thread if you’re interested in who’s the next lead. 

I hope he at least keeps Ariel till hometowns coz I’d love to meet her Ukrainian family from her description. 

The weeping wonders need to go!  I can't even figure out what Charity was constantly crying about in this episode; she seems very immature.  If this show has any chance of being renewed, they need to stop casting by looks alone and pick leads with compelling personalities.  That would leave Gabi, who is unique and fun, and Ariel, who is mysterious and alluring.  They also need to rethink "diversity" beyond black and white.  Ariel, as a Ukrainian Jew with emigrant parents, would definitely qualify.  Her poise and composure would be such a breath of fresh air after all these tears and sob stories.  It would be really interesting to see the group of guys that would be interested in such an intelligent woman.  I bet it would be a season like no other!

• Like 11
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Anyone else notice that in the letter Kaity typed, she spelled her name "Katy"? 

Yes, I noticed this!  Her name was spelled "Katy".  I'm a continuity-show nerd.  I watch shows to see a full wine glass go to empty, then full, in the same scene, or a handbag moving from one shoulder to another, things like that.  

So when I saw "Katy", I rewound & froze the screen.

Seems like production probably wrote those "poems" and handed them to Zach and KAITY.  With an "I".

3 hours ago, NaughtyKitty said:

Yes, there's something fishy about the mentalist.  Production may have been asking the gals these questions all along, just in casual conversation, to be able to know the answer.  And sending the answer electronically to that "iPad" chalkboard type thing, because I too, noticed this:

1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

He had really beautiful handwriting, almost unnatural 

Almost as if it was a font.....

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, dleighg said:

So when Greer meets up with Zach, she says "it's been three weeks." Is that them playing with real time vs watching time? I mean people are rarely in quarantine for 3 weeks...

That, and how everyone gets all emotional about their family as if they spend every moment of every day thinking about them.  Don't get me wrong, we love our family, okay, but most of these women have been out of the house for a while and have developed their own lives.  Even when I was just in college, I did that, and my conversations with people were not focused on my immediate family.  Sure, if a question was asked or you start to have bigger conversations, maybe, but frankly not often.  I have always found this strange on this show.

• Like 9
Just now, alexa said:

That, and how everyone gets all emotional about their family as if they spend every moment of every day thinking about them.  Don't get me wrong, we love our family, okay, but most of these women have been out of the house for a while and have developed their own lives.  Even when I was just in college, I did that, and my conversations with people were not focused on my immediate family.  Sure, if a question was asked or you start to have bigger conversations, maybe, but frankly not often.  I have always found this strange on this show.

Totally agree with you on this.  You might casually talk about how many siblings you have, where they live or went to college, things like that but you didn't go on and on about how close you are or how your 3 dads abandoned you.  And I've certainly never had anyone cry as they talk about how close they are to their parents or how their grandparents have been married for 102 years.  Can they ever just talk about what they like to do on weekends or what college they went to or even their political views?  Almost anything is more relevant than talking about their families that they don't live with anymore or past relationships.  

• Like 7
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Katie111 said:

Can they ever just talk about what they like to do on weekends or what college they went to or even their political views? 

But God Forbid they might discover that their FUTURE HUSBAND/WIFE voted for the wrong person last election. You'd think you might want to find out whether you actually see the world similarly, but no, they are just looking for their best friend, whatever the hell that means. I swear I haven't a clue about anything important with these people. What do they like or hate about their job? Do they want to have kids? Are they city people or picket fence types? I know nothing.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, dleighg said:

But God Forbid they might discover that their FUTURE HUSBAND/WIFE voted for the wrong person last election. You'd think you might want to find out whether you actually see the world similarly, but no, they are just looking for their best friend, whatever the hell that means. I swear I haven't a clue about anything important with these people. What do they like or hate about their job? Do they want to have kids? Are they city people or picket fence types? I know nothing.

But he knows Kaity likes purple! That’s crucial information, apparently!

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
47 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

But he knows Kaity likes purple! That’s crucial information, apparently!

That was SO ridiculous! I guess he now knows what color flowers to buy her for her birthday.

• LOL 3
20 minutes ago, dleighg said:

That was SO ridiculous! I guess he now knows what color flowers to buy her for her birthday.

But as we saw in the preview with one hometown cross-examination, he apparently didn’t ask them (or remember) when their birthdays are. Lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
12 hours ago, flummoxd said:

Were your friend’s initials T B, by chance?

No, JT.

7 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

ut as we saw in the preview with one hometown cross-examination, he apparently didn’t ask them (or remember) when their birthdays are. Lol

Or their middle names! 

Honestly, I hate the meet the family episode. It is just an opportunity for the families to hog tv time and play the part of concerned loving parent or aggressive patriarchal protector (father/stepfather/brother).  And the women get to be all daddy's girl innocent virgin to be protected from the ravenous wolf bachelor who has come to take her away.  The whole show is based on the fairytale prince and princess premise but it's the hometowns that really lay it on thick.

And count me in on the whole sobbing 'my family is my life I miss them so much!' thing that shows trot out time and time again. So you haven't lived at home for years but you go on a tv show for a few weeks and suddenly you can barely live without seeing them every day. Sure.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

No, JT.

Or their middle names! 

Honestly, I hate the meet the family episode. It is just an opportunity for the families to hog tv time and play the part of concerned loving parent or aggressive patriarchal protector (father/stepfather/brother).  And the women get to be all daddy's girl innocent virgin to be protected from the ravenous wolf bachelor who has come to take her away.  The whole show is based on the fairytale prince and princess premise but it's the hometowns that really lay it on thick.

And count me in on the whole sobbing 'my family is my life I miss them so much!' thing that shows trot out time and time again. So you haven't lived at home for years but you go on a tv show for a few weeks and suddenly you can barely live without seeing them every day. Sure.

But without the family episodes, we would have missed Dean's crazy family and JoJo's mother swigging from a bottle of champagne, and so many other wonderful moments in morgues and other strange locations.  They are my favorite part of the show!

• Like 4
  • LOL 10
8 hours ago, dleighg said:

I think, maybe, since the idea is for the guy to propose at the final rose, and this is supposed to the full romantic package with all the stops-- whirlwind courtship, fabulous vacations, loads of attention and a beautiful perfect partner, the girl wanting the full dream is going to want the man to get her father's blessing. So the hometown dates are for that purpose-- to get the official blessing from the dad. It complicates things when there is no dad, and we saw women see their fate and start crying when they revealed the no father thing. I think Zach is extremely traditional, and wants to marry someone with an intact family. Oh-- and who has no doubts and adores and worships him unconditionally.

We've seen him take many girls straight out to the car that expressed emotion. And there are rumors that he dumped Rachel because in the fantasy suite she expressed true concerns about his age and readiness for marriage, and he completely turned on her. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
8 hours ago, DEL901 said:

It is like no one was ever taught grammar.  Are you coming with Joe and me? Or Are you coming with Joe and I?   Just remove Joe from the sentence.  Are you coming with me?  Are you coming with I?   The correct option is clear.  

That rule stands out to me for some reason.  We used to use slang as teens saying “me and Joe are going out” but those grammar rules were hammered over and over.  

My pet peeve is when people people misuse further and farther 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Bluesky said:

That rule stands out to me for some reason.  We used to use slang as teens saying “me and Joe are going out” but those grammar rules were hammered over and over.  

My pet peeve is when people people misuse further and farther 

And weary and wary. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
On 3/6/2023 at 5:44 PM, FlyingEgret said:

I can't remember the last time someone said "infidelity" instead of "cheating bastard"

I refer to my ex-bf who cheated as a "philandering whore"- I wonder if the mentalist could've picked those words! 😅

• LOL 10
25 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I refer to my ex-bf who cheated as a "philandering whore"- I wonder if the mentalist could've picked those words! 😅

I refer to my ex-husband as Neanderthal.

(Advice, don’t marry outside your species).

• Hugs 2
  • LOL 3
6 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

(Advice, don’t marry outside your species).

That neanderthal is a jerk and I bet he's struggling to hit rocks together to make a fire somewhere.  You're an absolute catch and men who lose women like us didn't deserve us in the first place. 💯

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

That neanderthal is a jerk and I bet he's struggling to hit rocks together to make a fire somewhere.  You're an absolute catch and men who lose women like us didn't deserve us in the first place. 💯

You’re so sweet.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

My favorite description of a lousy ex comes from the Tennessee Williams play The Glass Menagerie - "He was a telephone man who fell in love with long distance."

• LOL 8
58 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

You’re so sweet.

Thank you, Stats Queen! You're so sweet too 🤗

I think you two will have a more enduring love fest than Zach + Whoever!

Meanwhile, Ariel needs to find herself a nice, smart Eastern European Jewish mensch who can keep up with her!  Zach, the walking definition of the word “vanilla”, isn’t up to the task.  I cannot wait to see that hometown!

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I think, maybe, since the idea is for the guy to propose at the final rose, and this is supposed to the full romantic package with all the stops-- whirlwind courtship, fabulous vacations, loads of attention and a beautiful perfect partner, the girl wanting the full dream is going to want the man to get her father's blessing.

That may well be, but what normal father says "yes, I see you're a good man, and I see that you love my daughter along with three other women you are considering asking to marry you, so it's all good. Be well my son."

• Like 3
  • LOL 10
15 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

No, JT.

Or their middle names! 

Great post!

I agree with it all. I just don't like the hometown episodes because I find it boring and repetitive. Totally agree that it's either the overly concerned parent who doesn't realize the engagements only last 2-3 months tops or the "here for tv" parent who gets overly aggressive and wants to show their acting chops. Either way, it just bores me by the second one. I do like to see what their families look like though lol .

I like women/men tell all episodes but what I don't like is a person who no one remembers that got booted episode 1, chiming in every 5 seconds and having so much to say. I also can't stand the bachelor/ette auditions of the scorned lover who was so in love, but managed to fall out of love the second they are in running for the lead. Suddenly, they've moved on 🙄

• Like 2
  • Love 1