Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: The Captain and Camille

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

Drama between Camille and Alissa reaches a breaking point; Capt. Sandy is forced to step in; Bollywood-dancing group of guests drink and party; Rachel's dishes are hit or miss, and her slow timing leaves the guests hungry.

Airdate: 01.16.2023

Sandy is as frustrating and blind as ever with her acceptance of Camille.  So far. 
Question.  The Brit chick with the red hair.  Is she deck?  Stew?  I don’t really remember ever seeing her on either. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1

Oh my god, poor Luis.  That is so disrespectful of Camille and Ben to be enjoying their sexcapades with Tony in the lower bunk.  

Alissa was embarrassing herself flirt with Tony at dinner and bars.  I sincerely hope Camille’s firing continues on next weeks episode. 

• Like 9

To see Ben and Camille do this again to Tony was disgusting.  It's not funny to do that to someone and I don't see how they can laugh at it.  Even the first time it wasn't funny. They both are are to blame and are sick for doing that too.  If it was me, I would have  kicked the bed on the mattress and then tore off their sheets disrupting them. 

Everyone on interior is working except Camille of course and even then the work sucks..  Bye Bye she should have been gone a while back.  Won't miss any part of her laziness at all. Why feel bad?  She wasn't good at her job and did you really form that close of a bond to her?

• Like 21
  • Applause 2

If nothing else, Camille being fired will relieve me from having to watch twerking every single week.  

I feel for Frasier but that's part of the job.  And Camille is lazy, disrespectful, and drinks on the job.  I'm glad to see that attention was called to the fact that she is also drinking with alcohol that is there for the guests, not for her.  

I'm sure Tony will be happy she's gone as he can finally sleep through the night without banging going on over his head.  

Those guests sucked.  I was happy to see them depart.  Did Alissa have to be up only several hours after going to bed at 5 am because of the guest departure?   Seems pretty unfair if so.  

Will Camille take her firing like a big girl or will she be like Below Deck Down Under's resident douchebag Ryan?  Is Ben going to take out his grief over Camille's departure on Alissa?  Will Ross hit on Hayley (since he's hit on every other female but Captain Sandy)?  Will Katie just admit that she will forgive Ross his drunken man ho ways every single time?  Will we all be back next Monday to find out? 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4

Camille could have been gone charters ago had Fraser stepped up sooner, like checked on her work sooner, realized she drank sooner, etc...I do not understand why Alissa never mentioned that Camille swam around with the guests and some of the other things that she half assed and the fact that she did not pay attention to the chain of command by passing Fraser and going right to Sandy.

Pay no attention to the empty box below, not sure how it happened or how to erase it.

• Like 16

Like a narcissistic deckhand who thinks she’s there to play and not work, these comments are in the order of the episode scenes broadcast…

Good lord, this crew has absolutely no respect for the chain of command or each other.  Yes, Camille is a psychotic, lazy paranoid.  But Alissa is a passive-aggressive manipulator, as is Fraser.  I’m no fan of Captain Queeg, but she does have a point in that if Fraser can’t manage his staff, he shouldn’t be there.  But all of us who’ve been watching the series know that.

That shot of Rachel in the cavernous area of the boat she was working in was interesting – that boat is like a TARDIS with all the rooms and cubbyholes on board.

Although the dinner service might have been a bit long, it was a home run in the end – but Alissa tried to sabotage it by saying it wasn’t “7 star service”.  Not your call, babe.  Even though the obnoxious guests fussed from time to time when they didn’t have anything to shovel into their gobs, they all said the food was great.  And as predicted, they left a crap tip.

Quote of the night goes to Rachel while the group is out – “This group is crazy!”  Right on, Rache.

And Alissa has a drunken meltdown for no real reason, while Camille just gets drunk.

So what did Camille really think would happen after drinking all day on the job?  Her firing was inevitable and not before time.

What will happen next week?  Will Camille go quietly into the night?  Whom will Alissa target next?  Will Rachel deliver on the new guests request for an “around the world dinner”?  Will we see more of Tony grunting?  Stay tuned, if you can stay interested…

• Like 9
  • Love 3

Bravo going to make sure to air footage of Camille dancing around in bra and panties before she’s canned.

yeah that’s a pricey bottle of Veuve Cliquot but Bravo will gladly foot the bill if it loosens up the crew to act out on camera.

Alyssa outraged that her share of the tip is only $1500 for 2-3 days of work — it’s usually been in the $1700-1800 range.  Yeah she did have to stay up late and clean up after those sloppy drunks.  WTH were they going on about Gucci and some other designer?

What more is there to say about about Camille and Alyssa?  Both awful, nice bodies.

Sandy isn’t allowed to fire anyone until the producers say so.  She delegates to Fraser to make him pulled into the drama.

I would bet in the not so distant future, one one of these BD shows, that crew members will be screaming at each other, if not getting a little physical.  And neither cast member will be fired over it.  Don’t they already have these kinds of confrontations happening on other Bravo shows all the time?

• Like 4

Camille & Alissa both have points, Both horrible in their own way, but threatening to go whine to the Captain and get her fired was bound to set her off.

Sandy did what she could,  her talk seemed to work on Fraser.  She is right about one thing.  It's his job.

But she better get on the phone and start looking for replacements.

The guests managed to still be obnoxious while liking the food.

"Absolute wankers"  LOL!

And the silly cat fight continues.  Just walk away.

Ross is a lost cause, Katie.  Walk away.

Alissa is seriously trashed.  The tears are a nice touch.  She is a better worker than Camille over all, now Hayley wants to get in on the mean girl fun.

What?  They're always drinking with no guests around.

Circus is right!  Smart to get some sleep before the squeaking started.

Tony is hilarious all grunting aside.  Did that finally chase the guests to bed?   Having sex with your roommate in is just rude.  That boat is big enough they could find a private space.

Bye Camille!  Now Hayley and Alissa can go at it.  I can smell that coming.

• Like 6

$20K is not a bad tip, they've had far worse. I know these guests were obnoxious but most of 'em are.

I think Camille and Alissa are equally terrible in different ways and are just a toxic combination. But at the end of the day, Alissa was working, and Camille was just goofing off and not doing her job. Easy call which one goes.

I don't want to live in a world where this show makes me agree with Sandy but I'm glad someone told Fraser if he can't manage his team maybe he shouldn't be in the position he's in. Even after all that he was still willing to give Camille yet another chance until she poured herself a giant glass of champagne during work hours. I think it actually took Haley telling him one of them had to go to convince him he needed to pull that lever.

The fallout should be interesting. Ben will be pissed and Tony can finally get some sleep.

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, PaperTree said:

Camille & Alissa both have points, Both horrible in their own way, but threatening to go whine to the Captain and get her fired was bound to set her off.

Didn't Camille low-key threaten Fraser a couple of episodes back about being able to go to "her captain"? 

Since we've seen that  it only takes a few minutes for everyone on the boat to know about every issue that everyone has, I thought Alissa's going-to-the-captain comment was probably a way of throwing Camille's words back in her face. (Which Camille didn't like, of course.)

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

IIRC, the last words were Sandy to Camille (on the bridge):  I'm letting you go this morning.

She better not follow that up next week with " . . . to the beach picnic!" 

More and more I see Alissa as a big part of the problem. When they were getting ready to go out and Camille asked if she had an eyeliner sharpener, Alissa leaned into her ear and whispered "I hate you."  I mean . . . talk about childish, uncalled for and unprofessional. She wasn't even drunk yet. What on earth is wrong with her? Then all through dinner she kept trying to provoke Camille like saying her drink order was "so basic." I actually thought Camille was the bigger person that night by not taking the bait. 

It's too bad Camille was so incompetent and lazy because at the end of the day she's probably a nicer person than Alissa.

• Like 12
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
7 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Who GAF what Ben's inconsiderate ass does?

It was a rhetorical question, kind of like the others I listed. Does anyone really care about most of this crew?  

44 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

She better not follow that up next week with " . . . to the beach picnic!" 

More and more I see Alissa as a big part of the problem. When they were getting ready to go out and Camille asked if she had an eyeliner sharpener, Alissa leaned into her ear and whispered "I hate you."  I mean . . . talk about childish, uncalled for and unprofessional. She wasn't even drunk yet. What on earth is wrong with her? Then all through dinner she kept trying to provoke Camille like saying her drink order was "so basic." I actually thought Camille was the bigger person that night by not taking the bait. 

It's too bad Camille was so incompetent and lazy because at the end of the day she's probably a nicer person than Alissa.

Alissa is definitely part of the problem; at the end of the day, maybe as much responsible as Camille.  But I think Camille started everything by being offended at Alissa asking her to do things and then questioning/announcing to Ross and Ben (at least) whether Alissa was her boss.  Alissa may not have been her boss but she was her direct supervisor.  She's second stew and there is a pecking order.  If she thought Alissa was being unfair (and I don't think Alissa was, at least not at first), Camille should have gone to Fraser.  I think Camille did what she's done for years -- she griped and complained and thought she could skate by on her looks and flirting with the guys.  I don't think Alissa had a problem with Camille until that started and Camille took an attitude because Alissa expected her to actually work and not act as if she were on vacation.   

Honestly, Alissa and Camille both made mistakes by not going to Fraser -- and Fraser made a mistake by not keeping an eye on what was going on.  He's fortunate that Hayley and Alissa are both good workers -- and Alissa is lucky too because had Camille been a good worker, the decision could have gone the other way.  I also think that if Alissa had brought Fraser in, as well as getting Rachel to give input (because Rachel clearly saw what was happening too), things could have been sorted out much earlier, and probably much smoother.  But then we wouldn't have that Bravo drama.  

I'm probably one of the few that generally doesn't have a problem with Captain Sandy.  She was absolutely correct that part of Fraser's job is to stop situations like the Alissa/Camille one before they get to the screaming in front of guests level.  Of course Sandy is the same captain who knew that one of her deckhands in a previous season was drinking like a fish and showing up for work hungover and did not fire him so there's that.  

• Like 12
  • Applause 1

I think Fraser was purposely pretending that things were going ok because he doesn’t enjoy confrontation, he wants everyone to like  him.  I never saw him make sure that Camille knew that Alissa was her superior & therefore, had the right to give her orders. On the other hand, Alissa was totally off putting with her delivery and probably this had more to do with her jealousy of Camille’s looks and  it spiraled after that. Camille is used to charming her way out of bad situations & had the chief stew been a woman it wouldn’t have lasted this long. I can’t imagine  Kate or Hannah putting up with any of this.

• Like 6

Some keep saying "if Camille worked hard it would be a easy decision ". But it Camille just plain worked Alissa wouldn't have a problem. I'll be damed if I'm doing my job and I'm above you in rank, and all you do is complain and you don't do your job you damn straight I'm gonna keep calling you out.

• Like 7
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1

No there's definitely a personality class between the two women.

Camille being a slacker didn't help.

But it gets personal when Alissa referred to her diseased snatch or something like that.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Caseysgirl said:

I think Fraser was purposely pretending that things were going ok because he doesn’t enjoy confrontation, he wants everyone to like  him.  I never saw him make sure that Camille knew that Alissa was her superior & therefore, had the right to give her orders. 

I think there actually was a scene where she complained Alyssa was telling her what to do, to which Fraser replied "What's wrong with that?" and she immediately stepped back and changed the complaint to the * way* she was asked to do things. So she clearly knew she answered to Alyssa, and Fraser clearly acted like that was abundantly clear.

In certain talking heads Camille's a dead ringer for Caroline Stanbury.

Fraser really blew it when his staff were freaking out and he actually told his boss "it's like this all the time!" Sandy and I made the same " did you really just admit that?! " face. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 3

I watched the Previously Unseen Scenes right before this episode and there was a scene where Camille called her dad.  She said she got along with everyone except the 2nd stew.  Her dad right away called her on not being a hard worker and being lazy.  They have a really good relationship, she said, but he was trying to advise her to step it up, work wise.  I thought that was telling.

I couldn't believe the scene where Camille is drinking very expensive champagne, reserved for guests, and hanging out with the deck crew while the other 3 stews were still taking care of cabins and cleaning.  It's almost as if she was trying to push it (for drama?) and see what she could get away with.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
23 hours ago, aghst said:

Alyssa outraged that her share of the tip is only $1500 for 2-3 days of work — it’s usually been in the $1700-1800 range.  Yeah she did have to stay up late and clean up after those sloppy drunks.  WTH were they going on about Gucci and some other designer?

I laughed because one of the stews described this conversation as "deep" and didn't want to interrupt them.  😂

• LOL 3

I’m still annoyed that we are stuck with Sandy. I liked that Lee didn’t usually bother with listening to the crew complain about each other. It did bother me that she had a point about Fraser and he needed to step it up.  He’s too low key with these over the top shrieking assholes. I think both Camille and Allissa should have been fired for yelling at each other out in the open. Camille was ridiculous though helping herself to drinks during work time. 
So Sandy thinks Ross is a strong leader? The man who is sexually inappropriate with almost every female on the boat ? Meanwhile she checks Fraser for being sensitive about his crew. He might give too many chances but at least he’s not making out with his workers or over seeing someone who is banging a stew in his bunk over another crew member. The woman thinks she’s so great at leading but she is not.

• Like 9
  • Applause 3

I’m still annoyed that we are stuck with Sandy.

Bravo is trying hard to rehabilitate her, especially since Lee is having health problems and his days on the show may be limited.

Alissa is extremely immature, and production stress and lack of sleep don't help her state of mind. Alissa's drunken antics were embarrassing.

Camille is playing the Bravo drama game better than Alissa, even if she gets fired. By that I mean Camille is doing exactly what the production crew tells her to do - throw tantrums, aggravate Alissa, break the rules...she's probably ready to leave the boat and have some me-time while she pursues her next TV gig.

I laughed when the deckie was soothing Camille's ruffled feathers. He'll say anything to get more nookie. (He's practically invisible so I don't recall his name.)

ETA: kudos to TexasGal for the nostalgic episode title!

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Regarding Sandy:  I couldn't stand the Malia/Sandy mean girl team but also think she was right to fire Hannah because of the drugs.   That being said, I am really liking Sandy standing in for Lee here.   Sandy calling Fraser out was right.  He appears to be a wimp of a manager.   I like her vibe and the way she talks to the crew.   I  agree with most everything Sandy has said and done so far.   Color me shocked.   

• Like 8

One thing is for sure. There are no heroes here.

Alissa and Camille are BOTH assholes, there's no other way around that fact. One just happens to be a better worker than the other. THere's no reason at all to start with the "I hate you" stuff while you're getting ready to go out as a group, that's nothing but a fucking jerkoff of a person who I can't imagine spending five minutes with. She HAD the high ground, too. She could have just gone about her business, but she decided to actively be abusive to Camille. Add in her insistence on flirting with Russ when she knows there's a situationship developing, and I can't really deal with her. That said, 1000% certain she would absolutely fuck Russ into oblivion should she decide to do so. 

Russ is another problem entirely, a much grosser one, and somehow Sandy better get that mess quashed. All of his interactions with the women are entirely inappropriate given his rank, and open the boat owners to liability in a lawsuit. Big red flag when someone working for you says "At least my boss has a crush on me!" at all, much less in front of other subordinates, that's bad news all the way around. 

Why does the red haired funny stewardess wear a wig so ridiculous? Her tattoo on her arm is outstanding, which is unusual for this show. 

• Like 10
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I think Fraser was purposely pretending that things were going ok because he doesn’t enjoy confrontation, he wants everyone to like  him. 

Fraser has been well aware of the issue from the beginning. He admitted he let his previous crew walk all over him, and he admitted to Rachel he did not have a plan to deal with Camille. Then there was that time she was crying and whining in the galley about Alyssa telling her she was lazy and Fraser brushed her off saying "we can talk about that after" then walked away. I think Fraser is a very good stew but a bad chief stew.

Some keep saying "if Camille worked hard it would be a easy decision ". But it Camille just plain worked Alissa wouldn't have a problem.

I wonder, though. I would have agreed about four episodes ago but these last few episodes have shown what an ass Alissa can be, even when it's completely unprovoked. 

I'm probably one of the few that generally doesn't have a problem with Captain Sandy. 

If this were the first season I'd ever seen her, I'd probably like her. But I cannot erase the last few seasons of Med from my memory.

Regarding Sandy:  I couldn't stand the Malia/Sandy mean girl team but also think she was right to fire Hannah because of the drugs. 

She may have been in the right to fire Hannah but not in going down to the dock and screaming "fuck you fuck you!" at her. 

Bravo is trying hard to rehabilitate her, especially since Lee is having health problems and his days on the show may be limited.

Good God, I hope Sandy doesn't become a permanent replacement for Lee AND continue being captain on Med. If Lee is done with the show they need to find someone new to replace him.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
On 1/16/2023 at 9:13 PM, MyMaui said:

To see Ben and Camille do this again to Tony was disgusting.  It's not funny to do that to someone and I don't see how they can laugh at it.  Even the first time it wasn't funny. They both are are to blame and are sick for doing that too.  If it was me, I would have  kicked the bed on the mattress and then tore off their sheets disrupting them. 

DIdn't this happen again last night? honestly, I'm watching it with Mrs. Juice, and I told her there is zero chance that's happening twice in my room. I'd have done everything I could to interrupt it. "Guys, no problem if you want to do that, but can we turn the lights on so I can watch while I beat off?" or "I think you should go faster, wait, let me check the angle." Or start making the same noises. Or cheer them on. Tear off a loud fart. The least that guy could do would be to pay the tab for his roomie when they went out the next time, then promised "I'll ask if I can use a guest room if it happens again, okay? My apologies." 

No one faults you for being young, good looking and horny. It's the lack of consideration for others that sets you apart, you two. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4

Yeah I had a roommate in college that did that. We weren't in bunk beds but he was in the next bed over with his visiting girlfriend. They were trying to be quiet but I could hear what was going on. It was super awkward. 

To his credit, Tony didn't seem that upset about it, and even kind of laughed it off. But twice now he has told Ben he'll gladly vacate the room if they are going to do that, just let him know. Instead Ben has ignored him and gone at it again. So yeah, Ben is an inconsiderate ass.

• Like 13

Nope I would not put up with that if it were going on in the bed right over my head. I would have turned on the lights and said ok if you two want to bang go outside to the deck and do it but not in a shared cabin. That's just disgusting that those two could be so trashy and disrespectful to the other crew member.   

• Like 11

Camille is lazy but Alissa is an asshole. Her feelings about Camille have very little to do with work. She's jealous, plain & simple. Nice of her to fully show it this episode.

Katie needs to move on and let her have Ross, maybe then she'll finally be happy. 

23 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Camille is used to charming her way out of bad situations & had the chief stew been a woman it wouldn’t have lasted this long. I can’t imagine  Kate or Hannah putting up with any of this.

Watching Gallery Talk, Kate likes Camille. Her comments this episode will be interesting. 

6 hours ago, iMonrey said:

If this were the first season I'd ever seen her, I'd probably like her. But I cannot erase the last few seasons of Med from my memory.

This. I still hate her. Watching in spite of her. Does Lee come back?

• Like 2

As far as Katie, she said her former bf cheated on her a lot.

So not surprising she's sticking with Ross, even though she admitted she may look like an idiot.

If someone cheats on you once, that cheater is a lousy person.  If they cheat on your second or third or more times, then the "victim" is at fault for not getting rid of the cheater after the first offense.

Katie may be incapable of moving on.  She may feel hurt but for whatever reason, she's drawn to men who will cheat on her repeatedly because she can't quit them.  Even as she sobs, somehow she is drawn to feeling that way.

• Like 3
On 1/18/2023 at 9:36 AM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I also said that to myself and the dog.

What does the dog think?  LOL

Nice we have this little space to have some fun amidst all the turmoil outside

15 hours ago, aghst said:

Katie may be incapable of moving on.  She may feel hurt but for whatever reason, she's drawn to men who will cheat on her repeatedly because she can't quit them.  Even as she sobs, somehow she is drawn to feeling that way.

It's sad.  My baby sister has the same problem

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

Firing Hannah was the best thing Sandy has ever done on this show. I f-ing loathed Hannah!

I didn't like Hannah at all, but the Sandy/Malia alliance and the way they went about things made me actually feel for Hannah, and for that I dislike Sandy even more! 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Why was Camille drinking alone the night before a charter? And being part of interior, how does she not know what alcohol is stirctly for the guests?

When Frazer was going over the pictures he took of the rooms Camille casually said she already cleaned, how did he not say "this is exactly what everyone is having an issue with you on.  You always have an excuse for not doing the job correctly or completely."

The look of shock on Camille's face when Sandy told her she was canned, was priceless.  She really did not see that coming.  Even though it has been the elephant on the boat for the last 2 charters.

Edited by gaPeach
my fingers work faster than my brain!
  • Like 5
  • Love 3
On 1/17/2023 at 1:11 PM, iMonrey said:

More and more I see Alissa as a big part of the problem. When they were getting ready to go out and Camille asked if she had an eyeliner sharpener, Alissa leaned into her ear and whispered "I hate you." 

[Camille]'s probably a nicer person than Alissa.

Camille barged into the (tiny) cabin of someone she supposedly loathes and asked for a sharpener. (I don't have the episode anymore, but I wouldn't be surprised if she demanded it.)  "I hate you" is mild compared to what I'd say to that ass-clown.

Alissa gets along with everyone except the whiny, lazy fool she's forced to deal with.  She even made sure that the ass-wipe guests were accommodated.  Her "7 star meal" comment to Rachel was a sarcastic echo of what one of the guests said.

But Camille is the better person?  Oooookaaaaay...

On 1/17/2023 at 2:03 PM, psychoticstate said:

Alissa is lucky too because had Camille been a good worker, the decision could have gone the other way. 

Hayley is a good worker and Alissa's subordinate.  So, yeah, it definitely would have gone the other way.

Alissa is working incredibly long hours, doing not just her job and Camille's but having to fix all the things that Camille gets wrong.  She doesn't hate Camille because she's jealous (really??? Aliisa knows that she's fine than that slag-hound.) -- she hates her because she's overworked while Camille goofs off.

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, gaPeach said:

Why was Camille drinking alone the night before a charter?

Because she's an alcoholic who finds a way to sneak liquor all the time.  Rachel said she had been drinking all day.  She has a problem.  If she were a plain girl/woman, she wouldn't have held the job for a long as she dit.   If she were an unattractive woman and hard worker, she wouldn't have been hired.

And being part of interior, how does she not know what alcohol is stirctly for the guests?

She definitely knows; she doesn't care.  She's entitled.  She's always been pretty--always gotten away with everything.  It's pretty early in her life for things to be biting her in the butt...but it looks like it's happening.  AND ON TELEVISION!!

The look of shock on Camille's face when Sandy told her she was canned, was priceless.

Ahh...I saw that "practiced" look...that attempt at wide-eyed innocence.  She has probably been fired so many times she has that look down pat.  If the captain had been a man, he may have had second thought and let her stay.

She really did not see that coming. 

I cannot agree.  I'm sorry for my negative comments, but I don't think I saw the same Camille you did.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, aghst said:

She also didn't  arouse much sympathy initially when she told us how HOT she is (comparing herself to other females onboard).  She's an average-looking girl with a cute figure and  good  at her deckhand job.  Apparently she's looking for love wherever she works...and is instantly jealous of any other women.  Can't she just do her job, have a little fun and forget about ROMANCE?  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
14 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

She also didn't  arouse much sympathy initially when she told us how HOT she is (comparing herself to other females onboard).  She's an average-looking girl with a cute figure and  good  at her deckhand job.  Apparently she's looking for love wherever she works...and is instantly jealous of any other women.  Can't she just do her job, have a little fun and forget about ROMANCE?  

Seriously! This is a 6-week job. No time at all out of anyone's life, and a very short time for anyone who works on non-televised yachts for a (real) season. Keep your head down, your pants on, and be grateful that you're making more than your counterparts who aren't on TV. Forget the dicks that you work with. (pun intended)

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4

I will keep writing this, it still amazes that there are people who believe the whole Malia - Sandy - Hannah thing wasn't scripted.
For me it was so obvious Hannah wanted to leave (If I am not mistaken she got pregnant soon after) and they staged all this drama for the ratings. And you go blaming Malia or Sandy or Hannah for the whole situation. Scripted..it was scripted... most of these realities are scripted or guided by the production. 

In our current show Camille is a girl with a twisted work ethic, who has no clue how to be a professional and she is in this reality to show off her "assets" and at best become a c-celebrity with many followers in social media. BD's casting people picked her up exactly for these "qualities". Easy drama.
I find Alissa equally annoying, not sure if she is unstable or she is a bad actress trying to provide reality drama.

The Below Deck franchise is a reality. But back in the days,  it used to have more real professionals of yachting, who might wanted publicity, but at least they knew and/or care to decently work, like Eddie, Malia, Aesha, Glenn, etc. Now it has become a boring hysterical reality with a casting full of attention h**** for fame who will do everything the production will ask from them.
Except from Rachel or maybe Sandy and Frazer and the red hair lady I keep forgetting her name,  I am not sure any of the rest could really work on a yacht or even care to. 

I skipped BDM latest season for this reason as I would with BD if it wasn't for Rachel. 

Edited by Zaffy
  • Like 4

I have always wondered about compensation for crew members who are fired. If they have been following “productions” instructions to stir up drama, do they continue to receive a salary even after they have been fired on camera? Do they also receive a payment comparable to the tips they would have received if still onboard?

• Like 2

Alissa gets along with everyone except the whiny, lazy fool she's forced to deal with.  She even made sure that the ass-wipe guests were accommodated.  Her "7 star meal" comment to Rachel was a sarcastic echo of what one of the guests said.

But Camille is the better person?  Oooookaaaaay...

I didn't say Camille was a better person, I said she is probably a nicer person. And she was the bigger person that night when Alissa kept insulting her and she didn't take the bait. Also, Alissa may or may not get along with everyone else but she isn't constantly picking on everyone else either. There's no question about Camille's incompetence and I've never argued there was. That doesn't mean Alissa isn't an ass. I've seen her be an ass too many times now to say "no, it's 100% Camille."

I will keep writing this, it still amazes that there are people who believe the whole Malia - Sandy - Hannah thing wasn't scripted.

For me it was so obvious Hannah wanted to leave (If I am not mistaken she got pregnant soon after) and they staged all this drama for the ratings. 

I don't think the show is scripted quite to that extent. I know the producers sort of egg them on during the interview segments and encourage certain behavior. I know the outings and theme parties are all producer driven. And I know they deliberately hire people they know will cause drama. But I don't think incidents like that one are invented out of whole cloth, especially considering how badly Sandy came off and how the audience turned on Malia after that. That would not have been Bravo's desired outcome. 

Likewise this whole thing with Camille isn't a put-on. Rather it's a natural outcome of hiring her in the first place when they knew she was going to be trouble and then encouraging that behavior whenever she sat down with the producer for her interview segments. 

The show certainly drives the story by manipulation, but I don't think they just make things up, they'd have really been called on it long ago. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, janiema said:

I have always wondered about compensation for crew members who are fired. If they have been following “productions” instructions to stir up drama, do they continue to receive a salary even after they have been fired on camera? Do they also receive a payment comparable to the tips they would have received if still onboard?

They probably don't get cast in the first place unless they signal that they're going to play along.

• Like 1