Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: The Captain and Camille

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

On 1/19/2023 at 11:46 AM, gaPeach said:

Why was Camille drinking alone the night before a charter? And being part of interior, how does she not know what alcohol is stirctly for the guests?

When Frazer was going over the pictures he took of the rooms Camille casually said she already cleaned, how did he not say "this is exactly what everyone is having an issue with you on.  You always have an excuse for not doing the job correctly or completely."

The look of shock on Camille's face when Sandy told her she was canned, was priceless.  She really did not see that coming.  Even though it has been the elephant on the boat for the last 2 charters.

Those “turnover” days are also the days they go and film their “talkie heads.” Apparently the alcohol flows on those days. I guess Camille was already buzzed/drunk from that and wanted to keep the part going. 

• Useful 2
On 1/21/2023 at 10:51 PM, Duke2801 said:

Those “turnover” days are also the days they go and film their “talkie heads.” Apparently the alcohol flows on those days. I guess Camille was already buzzed/drunk from that and wanted to keep the part going. 

And that what she is already doing on her Instagram too. She is saying they are telling her to drink more and when she came back from her confessionals she was too drunk.  No one else was but Camille was too drunk.  They made Camille drink so much she was drunk when she came ban and did things.  It's all productions fault she was like that.  She was ready to go already.  This is typical of her and I'd expect from her Instagram.  

• Useful 1
On 1/19/2023 at 5:23 PM, Back Atcha said:

If she were a plain girl/woman, she wouldn't have held the job for a long as she dit.   If she were an unattractive woman and hard worker, she wouldn't have been hired.

Nailed it right here!

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
On 1/18/2023 at 9:57 AM, Uncle JUICE said:

Russ is another problem entirely, a much grosser one, and somehow Sandy better get that mess quashed. All of his interactions with the women are entirely inappropriate given his rank, and open the boat owners to liability in a lawsuit. Big red flag when someone working for you says "At least my boss has a crush on me!" at all, much less in front of other subordinates, that's bad news all the way around. 

Since Ross hasn't been her boss since she was moved to interior-only, I thought she was referring to Sandy with that remark.

• LOL 1
On 1/16/2023 at 9:16 PM, psychoticstate said:

Did Alissa have to be up only several hours after going to bed at 5 am because of the guest departure?   Seems pretty unfair if so.  

IIRC, Kate Chastain (bless!) always made sure that her stews were back up 8.5 hours after going to bed. I don't know if those were her rules or industry rules.

Edited by AnnieBananie
Edit: aahhh, posted too many times
  • Useful 1
On 1/19/2023 at 11:46 AM, gaPeach said:

The look of shock on Camille's face when Sandy told her she was canned, was priceless.  She really did not see that coming.  Even though it has been the elephant on the boat for the last 2 charters.

I'm torn between she totally knew and was acting shocked and possibly she really was shocked because she hadn't been tipped off while chatting to production immediately before the call came in.

I bet she got the same fawning producer feedback that that bonehead bosun got that year (Joao? - the one they got to brag about his obnoxious behavior as if it was adorable, which clearly egged him on to do more of it AND made him look 10x worse as they aired it?) That was the most egregious case I've seen on reality tv of somebody believing they were the darling while they were being diced to pieces in the edit).

She may have felt that so long as production loved her she was safe and didn't realize that her firing would be just as valuable as her sticking around. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, kassa said:

She may have felt that so long as production loved her she was safe and didn't realize that her firing would be just as valuable as her sticking around.

I think this is exactly what she thought.  She made it quite clear she had a very high opinion of herself that she assumes everyone around her has also.  Or it was an act, who knows. 

I have to say she is coming out better than Alissa since she was canned, even with her total lack of giving a shit about the job and just looking to join the guests, drink while on the job and bone a castmate.

• Love 1
On 1/16/2023 at 6:16 PM, psychoticstate said:

Will Ross hit on Hayley (since he's hit on every other female but Captain Sandy)?  Will Katie just admit that she will forgive Ross his drunken man ho ways every single time? 

The season will have been worth me wasting my time, watching, IF on the last day, Ross approaches Katie and asks her to go away with him... 

BUT she answers that while they were close/ intimate, it was simply a boat affair, nothing more 

• Like 1
On 1/17/2023 at 6:04 AM, Mr. Miner said:

Who GAF what Ben's inconsiderate ass does?

I really like Ben and feel he's a decent guy, but he's allowed Camille to get into his head, which girls like Camille count on. It was clear she called the shots, but he was so enamoured that he couldn't see how his and Camille's hookups were disrespectful? On days off, fine, but not when your workmates needs to work.

• Like 2
On 1/17/2023 at 2:03 PM, psychoticstate said:

Honestly, Alissa and Camille both made mistakes by not going to Fraser -- and Fraser made a mistake by not keeping an eye on what was going on. 

I agree that Camille resented Alissa's authority over her. I would too if I always had Alissa ordering me to complete tasks that she could have done, and done quicker if she weren't always looking for another minion to order around.

I would love it if Fraser announced Haley was being promoted to 2nd, and Alissa would stay as is.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 12:49 AM, SemiCharmedLife said:

I couldn't believe the scene where Camille is drinking very expensive champagne, reserved for guests, and hanging out with the deck crew while the other 3 stews were still taking care of cabins and cleaning.  It's almost as if she was trying to push it (for drama?) and see what she could get away with.

I think Camille is all about pushing to see what she can get away with. That story about getting kicked out of private high school and then "I got my GED and went to college anyway" nah nah nah middle finger to the principal, etc. Oh, and she dated the quarterback in said college so double-win I guess. [eyeroll]

On 1/18/2023 at 6:38 PM, 65mickey said:

Nope I would not put up with that if it were going on in the bed right over my head. I would have turned on the lights and said ok if you two want to bang go outside to the deck and do it but not in a shared cabin. That's just disgusting that those two could be so trashy and disrespectful to the other crew member.   

On 2/7/2023 at 2:10 AM, Chalby said:

I really like Ben and feel he's a decent guy, but he's allowed Camille to get into his head, which girls like Camille count on. It was clear she called the shots, but he was so enamoured that he couldn't see how his and Camille's hookups were disrespectful? On days off, fine, but not when your workmates needs to work.

We've seen crew members get it on under blankets out on the deck late at night so Tony should have kicked them out after that first time. Surprised that Camille didn't lead Ben (so enamored he's easily led) to a guest room and tell him it would be fine to do it there, and then leave the bed unmade the next morning. 

Edited by RedHawk
Cut extra quotes
  • Like 1
On 1/16/2023 at 11:44 PM, aghst said:

Bravo going to make sure to air footage of Camille dancing around in bra and panties before she’s canned.

THAT was revolting!!! Like we need to see her anus for god sakes!! Yes, her thong covered it but geezus christ, show some self respect woman, stop putting your legs on the wall and spreading them for all to view.  Sickening!

• Like 1