Type keyword(s) to search

Milestone Moments: All The Celebrity Vitals

• Start Topic

On 8/15/2023 at 4:50 PM, Quof said:

By that reasoning, Forest Whitaker and Charlize Therson should return their Oscars won for playing horrible humans? 

No, because their movies didn’t expect you to see them as Good People.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, Blergh said:

I don't claim to have the 411 re whether or not  Miss Spears physically abused  Mr. Asghari (or whether or not  Mr. Asghari fooled around on her- nor whether or not  Miss Spears fooled around him ) .

However, not all victims of domestic abuse press charges against their abusers or even attempt to contact authorities about abuse prior to ending their ties to their abusers. Hence just because there has been no confirmation at this time by authorities that Mr. Asghari had contacted them  about her alleged abuse of him doesn't mean it's impossible for her to have abused him.

I stress that I don't claim to know the details of what actually happened in their union to cause the final split (although I believe the loss of their mutual  unborn child could have been a contributing factor) but I don't think we should dismiss any side just because they don't follow a lockstep pattern of how others expect all victims of domestic violence or adultery to behave.

While I don't  know the exact statistics, I'm willing to bet that it's much less common for a man to report abuse from a female partner, too.

• Like 11
1 minute ago, Shannon L. said:

While I don't  know the exact statistics, I'm willing to bet that it's much less common for a man to report abuse from a female partner, too.

I'm sure it is - but what is less likely for both male and female victims is to publicly claim abusive behavior after leaving the relationship safely but not press charges and instead try to blackmail their purported abuser.  This is where he loses credibility with me.   

• Like 6
24 minutes ago, Laura Holt said:

I'm sure it is - but what is less likely for both male and female victims is to publicly claim abusive behavior after leaving the relationship safely but not press charges and instead try to blackmail their purported abuser.  This is where he loses credibility with me.   

THIS.    I represent abuse victims.   While they want their fair share of the marital property, they aren't trying to get more or trying to blackmail the abuser.   Now ever abuse victim is different and different people react differently, but if you were honestly afraid would you really try blackmail?

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, Laura Holt said:

They both have zero credibility for me. I have no problem believing that both things can be and probably are true. Britney has shown herself to be a volatile person, stunted developmentally (for obvious reasons) and probably has zero conflict resolution skills. I would be very surprised if she didn’t lash out physically when upset.

And he voluntarily chose to marry her and enabled her. So either he is equally screwed up or a user. I’m guessing it’s the later. 

15 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Dammit, I loved him on This Is Us! 66 is too young. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Yeah, his William storyline on TIU was lovely. 

He was definitely a 'Hey It's That Guy!' character actor for me. Always knew he'd do quality work when he was on screen. And I love the trivia fact that he and his daughter Jasmine won emmys in the same year.

RIP, sir.

• Like 12
  • Sad 3
1 hour ago, roamyn said:

I’m starting to think that maybe Brittany’s dad’s conservatorship wasn’t such a bad thing after all.

Being a hot mess, being mentally ill, and being incapable of meeting their basic needs so that the least-restrictive remedy that will work is putting a person under the complete legal control of another adult are not the same things.  Britney is unequivocally the first and probably the second, but the third is quite a stretch.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, roamyn said:

I’m starting to think that maybe Brittany’s dad’s conservatorship wasn’t such a bad thing after all.  With maybe some tweaking on how much he got paid.

She doesn’t seem to be able to get along with anyone.  I wonder if Sam was not able to continue being a caregiver for his wife. Becoming a caregiver often  changes the dynamics in the relationship.  She admits she’s resistant to care.  But, her recent videos show her very enthused, as she dances in scant clothing and has a young man lick her.  She seems to be in good spirits.  

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/britney-spears-gets-licked-mystery-man-goes-topless-new-videos-shared-days-announcing-divorce

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I don't know via what means Miss Spears can come to terms with her issues much less get help for them. .but I emphatically do not think that any adult member of her bio family can be trusted to look out for what is truly her best interests- as opposed to how best to exploit her. History has proven they simply CANNOT be trusted to do so- and, it's a virtual certainty that their exploitation of her talents from an early age for their  own monetary gain likely has been  a major contributing factor to the current issues she has!

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 17
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3

I just love how the media clearly hasn't learned a single thing from the last time Britney got all this scrutiny. A large part of her breakdown and downfall had to do with all the constant media attention she was getting and all the judgment over what she did and with whom and how she lived her life and raised her kids and all that sort of thing, and she had to deal with all of that since she was a teenager to boot. 

So naturally, now she's out and about again, the cycle apparently has to start anew. And those same people are shocked, shocked, I tell you, when she starts acting out again as a result. 

Good job, entertainment media, way to be part of the problem. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 14
50 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

Film and sound editor Garth Craven whose credits include six Sam Peckinpah films and others such as SatyriconThe Go-BetweenSoapdish, and Legally Blonde, has died, age 84. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/garth-craven-dead-sam-peckinpah-film-editor-1235572350/

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/garth-craven-film-editor-dead-legally-blonde-getaway-car-1235701466/

I appreciate how online spaces allow a life well-lived to get deserved recognition not possible in the days of news being measured by the printed column inch.
Without film editors such as Garth Craven, the work of actors, writers, directors, and others would not likely capture our imaginations as it does.

”…In addition to his daughter, survivors include his wife, Jacqueline (they were married for more than 60 years), sons Daniel and Sam and grandchildren Sophia, Harper and Scarlett” (hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/garth-craven-dead-sam-peckinpah-film-editor-1235572350).

An interview from decades ago with Garth Craven about the lengthy process of the work: https://youtu.be/_e4aOC9LkC0
If his salary had been measured in hourly wages, I suspect it would have been a small fraction of minimum wage, and yet he was not rewarded in fame either.

Bravo for a life’s work well done.

And, fortunately (and deservedly) it seems he was actively enjoying life until the end.

• Like 12
  • Applause 3
On 8/21/2023 at 6:12 PM, roamyn said:

I’m starting to think that maybe Brittany’s dad’s conservatorship wasn’t such a bad thing after all.  With maybe some tweaking on how much he got paid.

It’s perfectly legal to be a mess and suffer from mental illness in this country. She has the same right as everyone else to squander her life and money as she chooses. She earned it .🤷‍♀️

• Like 13
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, AstridM said:

It’s perfectly legal to be a mess and suffer from mental illness in this country. She has the same right as everyone else to squander her life and money as she chooses. She earned it .🤷‍♀️

Perhaps, but it's not good for anyone to constantly be taken advantage of, especially for their money.  The last thing I want to see for anyone is to have their illness exploited, stolen and devoured by so called family while the victim is left in the streets.  Heaven knows we have enough of that now.

• Like 4

I remember when she and her then husband Christopher Rich were on Match Game/Hollywood Squares.  They were fun to watch. They were married 14 years.  From an article about Christopher Rich: "Rich hasn't stepped into the spotlight much since his time on Reba. But in 2022, he did a promotional video for a Texas regenerative medicine clinic where he received stem cell treatment following a stroke. The stroke damaged the right side of his brain and impaired his ability to walk, talk and use his limbs."

• Like 5
  • Useful 4
6 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

Oh, no not Tara. I always liked Tara. 

• Hugs 3
8 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

It should be noted that Miss Parady linked up with Katherine MacGregor (Mrs. Oleson) via the two caring for a mutually known semi-stray dog and soon they got to talking and Miss MacGregor found out that Miss Parady was a theater performer so she and fellow LHOTP performer Richard Bull (Mr. Oleson) urged Miss Parady to audition for their show. In spite of Miss MacGregor's previous clashes with the star/exec producer Michael Landon, Mr. Landon evidently agreed that Miss Parady would be a good addition to the show!  

Yes, it's hard to believe that Miss MacGregor and Miss Parady actually were friends offcamera because I can't think of a single friendly conversation between Alice Garvey and Mrs. Oleson! 

I hope the three performers are all having a laugh now (along with that canine who brought them together). RIP, Miss Parady!

Edited by Blergh
misspellings + omissions due to typing while wrapping up lunch break
  • Like 2
  • Useful 5
4 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

Wrestler Bray Wyatt has died he was 36. He was a second generation wrestler his father is Mike Rotunda. 

Updating my post Windham Rotunda had Covid last year and died of a heart attack according to the TV Tropes website. He seemed to be well liked by his peers and the fans. I haven't watched wresting lately but I did watch his dad and no parent should bury their child.

• Sad 8
11 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

June 8, 2023: Summer starts.

August 25, 2023: Summer's over. 

It would be great if both just viewed as their time together having been a fun romp -but I wouldn't count on it.

• Useful 2