Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E17: One on One (Part 3)

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Thistle Howl said:

I don't remember Dayton's name coming up at all. Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time they talked about him specifically. 

Paedon says Dayton lives in the RV at Kody and Robyn's house. He also thought that Dayton might relocate to Montana (or Wyoming--I don't remember) after he graduates.

It will be interesting to see if Kody and Robyn move again.

• Like 9
  • Useful 2

Now that's interesting..... Dayton moving back.... Particularly if it is indeed Montana. It's where he is from and where his evil dad lives. Now why would he want to do that instead of hanging around in Flagstaff in mom's clutches? Is it because his mom and Kody drive him nuts? Or is dad not as bad as mommy dearest wants us to believe?

• Like 9
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

I guess most young adults want to strike out on their own.  (Recall the song Wide Open Spaces….room to make the big mistakes…..as she drives away her dad says check the oil….lol). No matter how good you have it,  most want that freedom.  Been there.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 9
1 hour ago, Canadian Girl said:

I'm sure they will keep moving. Didn't the family move like 20 times before the show started or something like that? 

Yes, and Robyn said that she didn't want to move again. Since she tends to run the family, unless they are going to uproot Aurora and Breanna (who I assume will go to NAU like Day'un and Aurora) they may not not.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
On 1/16/2023 at 5:41 PM, Ms.Lulu said:

Yes, and Robyn said that she didn't want to move again. Since she tends to run the family, unless they are going to uproot Aurora and Breanna (who I assume will go to NAU like Day'un and Aurora) they may not not.

Exactly, Robyn said she wants her bones buried in Flagstaff.

Someone should have told her “that can be arranged!”  🪦

During the same discussion Meri said “she blooms where she’s planted” and Janelle said she’s “a floater” (kinda sounds like a turd in the toilet)

At any rate Robyn told them all that they were crazy and there’s no way they’re moving again!

Edited by Joan of Argh
Autocorrect
  • LOL 7
2 hours ago, Canadian Girl said:

I'm sure they will keep moving. Didn't the family move like 20 times before the show started or something like that? 

Aside from outrunning their bills, and trying to keep the show, I just want to note that Geographical Escape is a THING. That is, dysfunctional families employ this method in an attempt to outrun their problems.

I do think reputed gun-dealer Kody was hellbound to leave Vegas, because of the mass shooting, not because of the bad cultural influence on his kids.

I think he left Lehi, so that that he, the OG wives, and Robin, could play out their charade on national TV (and keep the cameras on themselves).

• Like 4
  • Useful 6

I could see them moving "for Dayton" as an excuse to sell Coyote Pass and the mansion. But seems to me the omission of Dayton from discussion and on-camera appearances is at Dayton's request. I hope he's following Logan's playbook. 

• Like 13
15 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Of course, if the show ends, she can use this (a move by Dayton) as a convenient excuse as to why she has to unload the mansion and move to a less expensive area.

Edit:  Teafortwo:  I should have read all the posts-- you and I are of the same mindset!

Edited by SemiCharmedLife
addition
  • Like 7
20 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Paedon says Dayton lives in the RV at Kody and Robyn's house. He also thought that Dayton might relocate to Montana (or Wyoming--I don't remember) after he graduates.

It will be interesting to see if Kody and Robyn move again.

I want so bad to believe that Dayton wants to move away from Mommy and Daddy Dearest and chose Montana in the hopes that Robyn wouldn't follow him there because that's where that evil cookie-stealer lives.  It might be the only way to keep her from following him around the country for the rest of his life.  I suppose he could also choose Salt Lake City too, that would certainly stop Kody in his tracks.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
On 1/15/2023 at 9:08 PM, Lurk said:

What

does

the Nanny

doooooooooooooo?

Lol.  I thought Robyn made some comment that she needed a nanny because she respected Kody's time???  That she wouldn't expect Kody to help her so she needed a nanny.  How many children did Christine look after on her own without Kody's help, and then when she also worked part time she dared to ask Kody to tuck the kids in at night (they were in one house in Lehi at the time) and then Kody describes Christine as never being happy unless she was getting more than her fair share.  And Robyn's fair share is to get paid (I'm assuming here) help when none of the other wives were given that?

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, procrasstinator said:

Lol.  I thought Robyn made some comment that she needed a nanny because she respected Kody's time???  That she wouldn't expect Kody to help her so she needed a nanny.  

I remember that line.  If Robyn hired a nanny to "respect Kody's time," then she should've also been kicking his ass out of the mansion to make sure he spent time with his lesser kids and wives - which is why I don't believe her (not that I ever do).  She hired a nanny because she's raised most of her kids to be super dependent on her and Kody but I think she's also extremely lazy, so that may have backfired on her.  In a home with three adult or nearly adult children, I see no reason why she ever needed a nanny, unless Aurora and Breanna need the fainting couch when asked to watch their younger siblings so Mommy can shop the Victoria's Secret semi-annual sale with Daddy.

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Robyn needed a nanny because Robyn and Ari slept until noon. Someone need to take care of Sol.

Yes, and we know Kootie is on record saying that he'd rather pay someone 20 bucks an hour, rather than watch his own kid(s).  Princess Aurora and Princess Breanna are too special to call upon for any household help (or so it seems.)

• Like 14
15 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Honestly if one of my kids were as wild and obnoxious as Aribelora or whatever that youngest banshee is called, I’d want a nanny too. She is Kody manic in a little girls body. 

Excellent point.  While Aurora and Breanna clearly have inherited their mother's flair for the dramatic, Ari truly is Lil' Kody.  I also think Robyn stealthily encourages that behavior from Ari in her effort to shut down the baby train.  We've seen Robyn use her kids to get what she wants in several circumstances, I don't see why she wouldn't do the same with Kody's favorite daughter.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 1/10/2023 at 6:32 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Maybe, Janelle knows the others aren’t coming and that’s why she wants it.  Plus, it’s a storyline to keep her relevant on the show.  

I would love for Janelle to speak her real "truth". She's always taken the high road, or been so matter of fact with her outlook, that she usually seemed amiable and she rarely criticized Kody's actions. But I also believe she has been the number 1 wife in terms of financially supporting the family, so she may see Kody's accusations of disloyalty or lack of respect through a new lens. Hell hath no fury than a woman scorned. Janelle needs to reclaim her worth.

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
On 1/9/2023 at 2:55 PM, BnJJTwop said:

Though I doubt it will happen, I really would like to see Kody to take another wife of child bearing age and see what that would do to Robyn's world.

Robyn and kody would gaslight her into becoming the unpaid nanny.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 1/17/2023 at 2:41 AM, Ms.Lulu said:

Keep on dreaming Robyn! A leopard never changes its spots! Some time within the next few years, he’ll want to move again. It’s how he is and how he has always been. It’s one of the biggest mistakes lots of women make with a guy: He’ll change for me, because I’m different. He won’t…(Though I agree he has done more for her than for all his 3 exes combined.)

I really suspect they’ll have to sell the mansion at one point as it will become too expensive: either through another balloon payment like Vegas or because he has to buy out Meri and Janelle. (Which would be a Perfect excuse to relocate!)

In theory, they could survive this by selling Coyote Pass. But CP is not 100% owned by them as Janelle and Meri also own (a smaller) part of it. Also, not all parcels were paid for in full as some found out. And, me speculating here, I do question the state of the ones that were paid for as I strongly suspect those paid for with other loans (that will need to be paid off again too at one point). That leaves the McMansion which has increased a lot in its value over the past few years. That may be their luck but don’t forget they’ve already taken out a lot of money over the past few years!

So yeah, I can definitely see a move coming! Which might even be something to keep the show running for one more season!

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
58 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Keep on dreaming Robyn! A leopard never changes its spots! Some time within the next few years, he’ll want to move again. It’s how he is and how he has always been. It’s one of the biggest mistakes lots of women make with a guy: He’ll change for me, because I’m different. He won’t…(Though I agree he has done more for her than for all his 3 exes combined.)

I really suspect they’ll have to sell the mansion at one point as it will become too expensive: either through another balloon payment like Vegas or because he has to buy out Meri and Janelle. (Which would be a Perfect excuse to relocate!)

In theory, they could survive this by selling Coyote Pass. But CP is not 100% owned by them as Janelle and Meri also own (a smaller) part of it. Also, not all parcels were paid for in full as some found out. And, me speculating here, I do question the state of the ones that were paid for as I strongly suspect those paid for with other loans (that will need to be paid off again too at one point). That leaves the McMansion which has increased a lot in its value over the past few years. That may be their luck but don’t forget they’ve already taken out a lot of money over the past few years!

So yeah, I can definitely see a move coming! Which might even be something to keep the show running for one more season!

Maybe 2 seasons (or perhaps one with a mid season break) because they have already been filming, as Christine had reported.

I will not watch Kody and Robyn relocate. With everyone else gone, I hope no one else pays them any attention, either. Yawn. It’s like watching the cleanup after the train wreck, no one stays for that.

I want those two to disappear, with no one to watch Kody’s rants or to watch Robyn dry cry. I hope they struggle without an audience, with Robyn needing to get a real job. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Maybe 2 seasons (or perhaps one with a mid season break) because they have already been filming, as Christine had reported.

It wouldn’t be the first time a network filmed but didn’t air the episodes. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 12
On 1/12/2023 at 11:44 AM, MamaGee said:

Just now watching. I am still really bothered by this: how does Kody get away with not discussing Robyn??? This is a tell all. You are discussing your other wives. Why does he think it's o.k. not to talk about her??

Exactly. Why are the contract holders not telling him, "Listen here Kody, this is what we hired you for and this is what you're going to do." ?

• Like 5
1 hour ago, HoneyBeach said:

Exactly. Why are the contract holders not telling him, "Listen here Kody, this is what we hired you for and this is what you're going to do." ?

Maybe because looking like a two year old holding his breath tells us all we really need to know. 👶🏽🧐👸🏽

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe because looking like a two year old holding his breath tells us all we really need to know. 👶🏽🧐👸🏽

It tells us plenty, but I still want to hear about the donkey straight from the horse's mouth.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5

In theory, they could survive this by selling Coyote Pass. But CP is not 100% owned by them as Janelle and Meri also own (a smaller) part of it

I believe they owe back taxes on at least some of the CP lots as well. They had better square up that situation if they want to sell. 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

It wouldn’t be the first time a network filmed but didn’t air the episodes. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Fingers crossed. These morons need to go.

And that doesn't mean the end of this forum.  The Gilmore Girls forum is still active and that was cancelled in 2007.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
On 1/17/2023 at 1:53 PM, laurakaye said:

I remember that line.  If Robyn hired a nanny to "respect Kody's time," then she should've also been kicking his ass out of the mansion to make sure he spent time with his lesser kids and wives - which is why I don't believe her (not that I ever do).  She hired a nanny because she's raised most of her kids to be super dependent on her and Kody but I think she's also extremely lazy, so that may have backfired on her.  In a home with three adult or nearly adult children, I see no reason why she ever needed a nanny, unless Aurora and Breanna need the fainting couch when asked to watch their younger siblings so Mommy can shop the Victoria's Secret semi-annual sale with Daddy.

Lesser, lol. Reminds me of the Marlee Matlin movie but slightly changed to “Children of a Leaser Wife”

• Like 5
On 1/9/2023 at 8:56 AM, Midwestern Lady said:

I couldn't believe she actually said that.  What a crack.   Janelle, Meri and Christine all look fabulous now without the 180 pound package of Ramen noodle attached.   Get your goiter attended to and STFU, Robbyn.   Horrible woman.   

I just watched this and my jaw dropped at the cruelty of Robyn’s remarks about weight gain and stretch marks.  She is a manipulative bitch who needs to look in the mirror.  Christine and Janelle look 100% better than Robyn.  Robyn looks horrible and is ugly inside and out.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 1/10/2023 at 7:10 PM, dariafan said:

It was disappointing that suki didn’t ask anything about his covid.  Like 99 degree fever ??     Again I think he had the flu 

Oh lord, I am so glad he wasn’t able to whine about that again.  🤡💩🙇‍♀️

However, Suki sucks as a narrator.  If there is another one, I want Keith Morrison to question these people.  Or have only Janelle, Christine and Meri.  Kody and Robin just need to STFU.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ladle said:

love how much it chaps Kody's ass that Christine and Jenelle have remained friends.

I really enjoy it every time Kody runs up against people he can't intimidate or control.  He hasn't quite realized that all but three of his children are now legal adults, has he?  I think that's part of Robyn's draw. She has the two younger children who are the only ones of his own children who don't openly express their discontent with him.  

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I really enjoy it every time Kody runs up against people he can't intimidate or control.  He hasn't quite realized that all but three of his children are now legal adults, has he?  I think that's part of Robyn's draw. She has the two younger children who are the only ones of his own children who don't openly express their discontent with him.  

He's got about 10 years and they'll be there with the rest of them.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, ladle said:

love how much it chaps Kody's ass that Christine and Jenelle have remained friends.

Like, I truly love it. 

It makes me so happy.

It's a gift that just keeps on giving. I mean - I'm happy for them and I'm glad they enjoy their friendship. But I'd be all for them just going through the motions even, just to piss Kody off.

He's got about 10 years and they'll be there with the rest of them.

I think in this particular area, Ari will be precocious. I think that by age 10 -12, she will have Kody's number and will openly defy him. It won't even be because of any lack of respect or love for him but just because I think Ari is the child-that-cannot-be-contained.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I think in this particular area, Ari will be precocious. I think that by age 10 -12, she will have Kody's number and will openly defy him. It won't even be because of any lack of respect or love for him but just because I think Ari is the child-that-cannot-be-contained.

Agreed.  And while I would like to see Ari spared the experience of having her life televised further, it sure would be interesting to watch it happen.

Kody really hasn't had the experience of living every single day in a house with a kid as they age out of the "tender" stage where they think Daddy hung the moon and seeing that kid turn into a teen with opinions and a will of their own. He's been a Dad who pops in like a guest then takes off when he's had enough.  But he's a full time parent now and it's not gonna work like that any more.

Ari is gonna make Kody pay, lol

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9