Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Unfashionable Behavior

• Start Topic

The mystery of Heather's black eye still has everyone uneasy; Whitney presses for more answers, but this pushes bad weather into an even worse spot; Meredith hosts a mental awareness fundraiser in honor of her nephew.

Airdate: 01.04.2023

Once again, MORE salty things have happened in the offseason.  Until they are mentioned in an episode, do not discuss them in the episode threads.  Spoilery conversations about particular housewives should happen in their individual threads or the media thread.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I honestly don't care anymore who gave heather that black eye ... she wants to play this dumb game of guess who draaaaag it out of me and im tired .. say it don't say it ... just move on 

I don’t think anyone cares anymore.

• Like 15
  • LOL 2

I think it's fairly obvious that Heather('s ex-husband) only represents the funding of and not the brains behind Beauty Lab's success. She can't even come up with a good lie about the black eye! Just say "we were drunk, we were dancing and rough-housing and I woke up like this". Instead she allows everyone to believe there may have been malicious intent

• Like 10

Hey everyone...Meredith isn't upset..and in case someone didn't know..she'll repeat 5+ times.

Lisa fishing would have been the scene to watch in full instead of the tale of Heather's mystery eye guest.  

Where is Meghan King Edmund's when we need her to unravel this convoluted tale.

• Like 8
  • LOL 8

I couldn't concentrate on the Heather / Whitney conversation as I was trying to figure out if the red and white houses across the street shared a rear wall. Or were they apartment or townhome structures? Weird that neither seemed to have a backyard; I mean how will the owners ever be able to discuss the ramifications of a friendship break with their former besties???

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
7 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

I couldn't concentrate on the Heather / Whitney conversation as I was trying to figure out if the red and white houses across the street shared a rear wall. Or were they apartment or townhome structures? Weird that neither seemed to have a backyard; I mean how will the owners ever be able to discuss the ramifications of a friendship break with their former besties???

🤣 I was distracted by that too! Was that one home built to look like 2 buildings? A white home with a red addition -or vice versa?

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I see the words "battery" and "assault" were used regarding Heather's incident. Heather changed her story several times. She said she didn't remember, then that she knew who did it, and it was deliberate, and then that she tested different falling positions for related injuries as if it were an accident. But she wouldn't reveal anything, just to "scare" the rest of the women. Later on, during the discussion with Whitney she claimed that certain women knew.

Chloe, Meredith's daughter has the same speech pattern like her mother.

Brooks wouldn't have a business if his mother were not on a reality show for years. 

Angie H knows cherry eye (that's what looked like to me) in dogs is easily treatable, doesn't she? And it takes some time to become that bad in both eyes.  

Jen worries about her son NOW?

Meredith had more facial fillers....Her sister looks a lot like her, but with blonde hair.

Jen will accuse (in the previews) her assistant for being responsible for her legal problems. It seems the season finale episode will be mostly about what happened months after this episode.

Andy Cohen must love Whitney. She will be on his Bravo show again tonight.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 6

If this season has done anything, it has done a masterful job of taking down Heather Gay as a fan favorite. I liked her the first year but got inklings of things during the season one reunion and season 2 did her no favors. But the entire scene with Whitney was so odd and off-putting because the black eye drama is making her center of attention that she's never gotten to be and she's so sadly smug about it that it is sad. 

• Like 19
  • Applause 1
17 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

🤣 I was distracted by that too! Was that one home built to look like 2 buildings? A white home with a red addition -or vice versa?

Other buildings across (there was a lake in between, as well) looked like townhouses/apartments. One, to the right (behind Heather from a different angle) was not even fully built yet. The red part of the building had a tiny back yard, the white part didn't. Strange that they would have two different colors. The rest didn’t.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Thank god Danna finally straight out told Jen what I’ve been waiting for.  Of course she is not going to reveal her source.

I do not understand how the viewers are suppose to understand Whitney’s mysterious “journey”.  For something she doesn’t even remember?  It is hinted to be some kind of abuse brought on by her half brothers realization during some kind of therapy.   A brother she has rarely seen in years.

4 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

Edited by Emmeline
  • Like 15
2 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

Thank god Danna finally straight out told Jen what I’ve been waiting for.  Of course she is not going to reveal her source.

I do not understand how the viewers are suppose to understand Whitney’s mysterious “journey” that she doesn’t even remember?  It is hinted to be some kind of abuse brought on by her half brothers realization during some kind of therapy.   A brother she has rarely seen in years.

1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Meredith just can't stop talking about Lisa for someone who only talks about her in passing ... Jesus freaking christ 

I thought the same!!  

Also, pretty interesting that Lisa was wearing a very obvious Balenciaga outfit to a fashion show featuring other designers and emblem sewing Brooks Marks (this kid must have a warehouse full of joggers, hoodies and sweatshirts just waiting for bias tape and/or weird emblems that resemble NASA badges on astronaut uniforms).  Usually, attendees will either wear clothes from a featured designer or something not quite so blatantly another designer's garments.

And, on that subject, I assume this was filmed prior to the whole Balenciaga debacle with that ad campaign.  I wonder what Lisa did with that outfit, or if she's still wearing it.

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
23 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I do not understand how the viewers are suppose to understand Whitney’s mysterious “journey”.  For something she doesn’t even remember?  It is hinted to be some kind of abuse brought on by her half brothers realization during some kind of therapy.   A brother she has rarely seen in years.

I get the feeling that Danna's un-named "friend" is either friends with Jen's former partner (in crime), Stuart, or is, in actuality, Stuart himself.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 6
28 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

She implied it was verbal and physical abuse when she told Heather a few episodes ago she should know better not to treat her like this during the Arizona trip because of her past trauma.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
12 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I thought the same!!  

Also, pretty interesting that Lisa was wearing a very obvious Balenciaga outfit to a fashion show featuring other designers and emblem sewing Brooks Marks (this kid must have a warehouse full of joggers, hoodies and sweatshirts just waiting for bias tape and/or weird emblems that resemble NASA badges on astronaut uniforms).  Usually, attendees will either wear clothes from a featured designer or something not quite so blatantly another designer's garments.

And, on that subject, I assume this was filmed prior to the whole Balenciaga debacle with that ad campaign.  I wonder what Lisa did with that outfit, or if she's still wearing it.

She, of course wore the full on Balenciaga logo outfit on purpose. And it was filmed in spring, a long time before the ad debacle. I suspect this will be forgotten like the many Dolce & Gabbana faux pas (for example). I only wonder: don't photo editors, executives, or the designers themselves check their ad campaigns before they become public? Obviously not.

• Like 2

Add me to the list of people who could care less how Heather got the black eye. Bitch most likely fell or walked into a wall while she was drunk.

Jen can’t get off my screen fast enough. Have Danna take her place. 

Lisa looked like she came to Meredith’s event in her pajamas. 
Whitney can also keep Heather on a permanent ‘friendship break’ too. For some weird reason Heather is only loyal to Jen. 

• Like 12
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

She can't even come up with a good lie about the black eye! Just say "we were drunk, we were dancing and rough-housing and I woke up like this". Instead she allows everyone to believe there may have been malicious intent

At this point I think that's her goal!  Where she's stupid is believing it still is holding anyone's interest 😄

1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

I suppose the "featured designers" actually have to have clothes out there that one can wear! 😄  Although since Brooks Marks was whining about running a business while in college, I googled him to see if he has a website and he does - it has his ugly sweatsuits, including a "pride" one with his name in rainbow colors, and the original, and socks.  Not even the one with the circles from tonight.  

As for Meredith, does that red-orange TH dress have fake nipples in it?  Is she wearing her breastplate underneath?

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 11
2 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Add me to the list of people who could care less how Heather got the black eye. Bitch most likely fell or walked into a wall while she was drunk.

Jen can’t get off my screen fast enough. Have Danna take her place. 

Lisa looked like she came to Meredith’s event in her pajamas. 
Whitney can also keep Heather on a permanent ‘friendship break’ too. For some weird reason Heather is only loyal to Jen. 

This is what I was thinking while Heather and Whitney were discussing their issues.  Jen can tantrum, get violent, lie, cheat old people and commit crimes, yet Heather is "ride or die" for her.  Whitney has had one disagreement with Heather regarding some gossip that Heather probably doesn't want to admit to, and now Heather won't "grovel" in order to be her friend.  Even during the conversation, Whitney was being respectful and listening to what Heather was attempting to say, something Jen Shah would never do.  I don't even think Whitney said they were on a friendship break, but said that if things keep going the way they were and they didn't work it out, they may have to take a friendship break.  I wish Bravo would replay that conversation.

• Like 12
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

Whatever Heather is trying to achieve with this black eye storyline is not working. She’s coming off like a complete crazy lady who needs to seek help or something. She’s really buying into her own hype too. She was being pretty fucked up with Whitney and trying to get back control over Whitney. I don’t even like Whitney either. This season has been trash.

Lisa is completely ridiculous but she cracks me up lol.

Meredith and her annoying kids all have the same annoying ass voice lol.

• Like 24

Man, this show could not be more ridiculous. Heather is just being bizarre by playing coy with everyone about her stupid black eye. And talk about misplaced aggression & resentment - she perfectly fine supporting a psycho screaming banshee like Jen, but will cut Whitney off completely over one disagreement. "You don't get to know about what happened to my eye because we're on a break, nyah nyah". What. A. Dolt.

I felt like I was watching a Saturday Night Live sketch when the footage of Meredith and her slow-talking vocal-fried off-spring was running. It was like an episode of "The Californians" except in Utah.

More thrilling track-suit designs from Brooks, this time with NASA badges instead of masking tape flourishes. Yes, so hard to be in college and promote at line of generic hoodies and sweatpants that were probably all purchased at Uniqlo.

I missed what Danna said to Jen, but whatever it was, it sounded like it needed to be said. I wish Jen's trial date wasn't continually pushed - she's just an awful human being.

I honestly can't follow what everyone is supposed to be fighting about.

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Oy vey, Brooks "Sweatsuit" Marks arrives in SLC and now his sweatsuits have iron ons! 

Meredith and her daughter embrace the lady douche aviator glasses wearing them indoors because they are the cool kids...I think they also share a prescription for Zoloft, they seem to be barely breathing in that scene at the kitchen table.  Do aviator glasses replace those rubbery under eye patches the HW's use to wear in the morning? Are rubbery eye patches so last year now?

Coach Shah can seem very sincere when trying to clean up his wife's mess, having a check to pay the party expenses strikes me as, "Here is the money for that party we had at your house, stolen? No, why do you ask?"

I am going to blacken Heather's other eye, on principle. I don't want to talk about it anymore either, at this point she deserved it for stringing us along.

Jen screaming at the fashion show, "I want that, I want that," why, it will be so out of fashion by the time you get out of prison and her offering Apple Pay with stolen funds.

It was nice of Meredith to allow the local high school home ec sewing class to show off their year end projects.

Sure we had a Brooks Marks fashion moment but at least we did not have a bath tub moment.

I don't think Whitney really wants a conjugal visit with Jen, she could wind up with a black eye.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
My fingers move faster than my brain.
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 12

I stumbled across a very "earnest" review of Brooks' tracksuits from someone who bought one on the Redditt forum. It was a bit droll. They are what we all expected them to be - not very high end hoodie and pants that have the logo plastered on. He went into detail on stuff on how the finishes - i.e the aglets and even the holes that the strings come out of are those that would be found in cheap stuff. it was pretty funny - especially since he said when he wears it, he actually has people approach him. 

I am of two minds about wearing this kind of stuff. A part of me would have "fun" in terms of wearing it ironically but the other part of me would be scared that someone would think I was wearing it seriously and was wearing it as an homage. 

So the previews show Jen packing up to go to New York for the "trial" - As I recall BRAVO cameras were there although they can't be in the court room and I thought Heather and Meredith were in NYC with her and were blindsided.

And Danna was a voice in the wilderness to state the thing that could not be said. It had to be Stuart or someone close to him. And interesting how Whitney essentially explained the free pass to Jen as being because to do otherwise would make things horrendous for whoever didn't toe the Jen delusional line. 

I think people sometimes forget that essentially all of these women - especially in the third season - are co-workers. They have to spend time with people they ordinarily would not in order to earn their paycheck. Most obviously, neither Meredith or Lisa would ever be in the same place at this point unless it was some mass gathering where they wouldn't have to interact but not on a "girls' trip" or smallish party or the equivalent. 

I might not be remembering completely but this season, the standard line from all of them except Heather is that Jen is innocent until proven guilty legally. I think Meredith and Whitney assume she is guilty and they just have to get through the season and she will be gone.

• Like 9

I can't believe Heather used to be my favorite on this show. Fastest downfall ever. She's ridiculous and I can't believe everyone's reaction is 'I'm worried about you. I won't push you' with kid gloves like she just left an abusive marriage. Not one of them rolls their eyes in her face and says, "fine, don't say what happened, but shut up about it already?".  

Heather, " I just want it to go away..." Which is why I'll mention it every chance I get.

Jen knows what happened because of she didnt, shed have gone her usual psycho bitch when Heather implied she knew. So, she's either at fault, or it's nothing and they agreed off camera to milk it in exchange for Heather's loyalty because otherwise it makes no sense for her to be 'ride or die' for someone who treats her like crap. 

Heather, WTF are you doing?!

• Like 12
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Coach Shah can seem very sincere when trying to clean up his wife's mess, having a check to pay the party expenses strikes me as, "Here is the money for that party we had at your house, stolen? No, why do you ask?"

That was not sincerity - that was hostility as politeness. Everything he said was modest and accommodating; the subtext was "I see exactly who you are, and don't think that I don't, so here is a very public solution to the problem you apparently have with me and if you have anything else to say, why don't you say so now, or just accept the money and grovel like we both know you're going to do because the camera is on us."

And I don't blame him - it's the best way to handle people making trouble behind your back. You confront them very publicly on the issue they've raised with everybody when you weren't around, do so with exceeding calm, and watch them fold because they didn't bargain for actually having to face you over it or they would have done so in the first place. 

Note - I think that he definitely knew his wife's business was not above board and do not condone criminal behavior. I just like the way he handled these people for having lots to say on national television, but who wouldn't pick up a phone and clear the air directly for the misunderstanding. (And it's a tossup for me as to whether there really was a misunderstanding or whether they threw the party as an entry fee to get on the show with no expectation of repayment, and then backtracked because they needed to distance themselves from the relationship and so used it for ANOTHER storyline)

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 5
16 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Jen you have put your child through this .. I mean being honest this is your doing ..

Ughhh! Scrambling every chance she gets.  I feel like this entire season for her was nothing more than an attempt to play to the courtroom.  

15 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

And Meredith's sister also sounds exactly like her!!

Her son and daughter didn't fall very far from that tree either.  That entire scene with her sister and kids was like nails on a chalkboard.

3 hours ago, amarante said:

I stumbled across a very "earnest" review of Brooks' tracksuits from someone who bought one on the Redditt forum. It was a bit droll. They are what we all expected them to be - not very high end hoodie and pants that have the logo plastered on.

That one black dress literally looked like it had stickers plastered to it and there was a two piece outfit with big bluish logos that reminded me of a sign on a car wash in a nearby town.  Can't say I wasn't entertained by the chutzpah of someone sending out that kind of stuff on a runway and considering themselves a clothing fashion designer.  

16 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

At this point I think Heather gave herself the black eye so she would be the center of attention...

I think it just shows that the entire show had nothing other than the elephant in the room (Jen's trial) that they couldn't really get into other than superficially despite there being plenty of meat on those bones for several meals.  Whether that eye thing and how has been handled thus came from Heather alone or was production driven...it's been a dud.  They should never have rushed into season three if Jen's situation could not be fully addressed.  

Speaking of Heather though...hate to see a wasted opportunity.  She came through season one with a lot of support.  Whether it was a case of hubris or editing or who knows what, her fall from favor has been spectacular.  She should have cranked that book fast between seasons one and two.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, kassa said:

(And it's a tossup for me as to whether there really was a misunderstanding or whether they threw the party as an entry fee to get on the show with no expectation of repayment, and then backtracked because they needed to distance themselves from the relationship and so used it for ANOTHER storyline)

That's exactly what happened.  I don't like these three thirsty dipshits:  Danna, Angie and Angie.  All of them angling for Jen's seat.  I hope none of them get it.  They're all gross.  

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

That's exactly what happened.  I don't like these three thirsty dipshits:  Danna, Angie and Angie.  All of them angling for Jen's seat.  I hope none of them get it.  They're all gross.  

Suddenly realized that until just now I had completely forgotten about Jennie Nguyen from last year! It's like she never existed as far as this show is concerned.  I suppose it's possible that the three new girls are in friend of limbo because it was decided to not fully add anybody new to this cast until they could be fully vetted, given enough rope to hang themselves, or first prove their worth. Something like that could possibly be responsible for amping up the thirst level.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, kassa said:

That was not sincerity - that was hostility as politeness. Everything he said was modest and accommodating; the subtext was "I see exactly who you are, and don't think that I don't, so here is a very public solution to the problem you apparently have with me and if you have anything else to say, why don't you say so now, or just accept the money and grovel like we both know you're going to do because the camera is on us."

And I don't blame him - it's the best way to handle people making trouble behind your back. You confront them very publicly on the issue they've raised with everybody when you weren't around, do so with exceeding calm, and watch them fold because they didn't bargain for actually having to face you over it or they would have done so in the first place. 

Note - I think that he definitely knew his wife's business was not above board and do not condone criminal behavior. I just like the way he handled these people for having lots to say on national television, but who wouldn't pick up a phone and clear the air directly for the misunderstanding. (And it's a tossup for me as to whether there really was a misunderstanding or whether they threw the party as an entry fee to get on the show with no expectation of repayment, and then backtracked because they needed to distance themselves from the relationship and so used it for ANOTHER storyline)

Yeah he is good at being asshole polite.  But I think all's fair in love, war and reality tv and if Jen doesn't want her business, crimes, and non-payments of parties on tv then she shouldn't be on tv.

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
1 minute ago, heatherchandler said:

Yeah he is good at being asshole polite.  But I think all's fair in love, war and reality tv and if Jen doesn't want her business, crimes, and non-payments of parties on tv then she shouldn't be on tv.

Well you and I would think that. But if Bravo had all of their participants self-select or  rejected due to criminal or less than ethical behavior, we would be watching a lot of dead air. I will never understand how people with things to hide join a reality show.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, ichbin said:

Speaking of Heather though...hate to see a wasted opportunity.  She came through season one with a lot of support.  Whether it was a case of hubris or editing or who knows what, her fall from favor has been spectacular.  She should have cranked that book fast between seasons one and two.

Heather has been a favorite of mine since the beginning, but now I'm thinking that perhaps she manufactured a likable character for tv.  For example, on both reunions, she came across very different than her usual televised self.  Now, she is conveniently forgetting things and playing coy with the black eye storyline.  Maybe this is the real Heather all along.  

Oh, and I didn't like her thigh-high boots in the scene with Whitney.  It may have been a well put together outfit, but I didn't think they were flattering. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1

Any word yet on whether Meredith was mad? ;)

My son looked at Brooks Marks's tracksuits and said wtf? He rarely comments on anything fashion-related, but he thought they were so ridiculous, he couldn't hold back

I though Jen looked nervous when Heather was being all cagey mofo about her eye. Jen seemed worried that Heather may just come out with it. Later in the episode Heather talked about how loyal and "ride or die" she is for her friends. The two things seemed connected.

Do they not have veterinary care in Salt Lake? My dog sees a dog ophthalmologist, so I know they exist. Please take your dog to the vet! Now I dislike extra thirsty Angie even more. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

All I can say is that I'm about to give Heather ANOTHER black eye for all that BS about her black eye!! STFU about it already!

Also, she and Whitney aren't only friends, they're COUSINS and yet Heather sat there in her ugly thigh high boots and was so snarky to Whitney that I thought "Punch her in the OTHER eye, Whitney!"

I used to like Heather but after seeing  her on BelowDeck Adventure (whooo boy!) and how she's acting on RHSLC, I'm kinda done with her.

And it can't be SOON ENOUGH for Jen Shah to go to PRISON.

• Like 11
15 hours ago, ichbin said:

Ughhh! Scrambling every chance she gets.  I feel like this entire season for her was nothing more than an attempt to play to the courtroom.  

Her son and daughter didn't fall very far from that tree either.  That entire scene with her sister and kids was like nails on a chalkboard.

That one black dress literally looked like it had stickers plastered to it and there was a two piece outfit with big bluish logos that reminded me of a sign on a car wash in a nearby town.  Can't say I wasn't entertained by the chutzpah of someone sending out that kind of stuff on a runway and considering themselves a clothing fashion designer.  

I think it just shows that the entire show had nothing other than the elephant in the room (Jen's trial) that they couldn't really get into other than superficially despite there being plenty of meat on those bones for several meals.  Whether that eye thing and how has been handled thus came from Heather alone or was production driven...it's been a dud.  They should never have rushed into season three if Jen's situation could not be fully addressed.  

I don't think it's editing. It's mostly hybris- the fan favorite status made her arrogant, and smug. She thinks she is untouchable. 

As for fashion choices, it is better to follow trends that are flattering, otherwise you become a fashion victim. 

I agree that Stuart, or somebody who is really close to him is Danna's source.

• Like 7

I wish the others had ignored Heathers black eye when she started her bullshit. Or said “Beauty Lab doesn’t have something to help?”

Whidiot wants a conjugal visit with Jen Shah should she go away. Dear lord. 

Okay, here’s what’s got me hating Heather. Didn’t she bring Danna on the trip? As soon as Danna started saying to Jen what everyone else is thinking, Heather starts giving her the side glare. Then runs after Jen and implies that anyone defying Jen should know that “ stitches get snitches.”  I cannot stand the way they are coddling Jen at this point in time, They knew what was what.

I can’t stand either Angie and hope to never see them again. Give them a Brooks Marks track suit as a parting gift.

I thought it was Danica but I guess her name is Danna? Damn.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 3
  • LOL 4