Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Unfashionable Behavior

• Start Topic

On 1/5/2023 at 8:03 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Oy vey, Brooks "Sweatsuit" Marks arrives in SLC and now his sweatsuits have iron ons! 

As children my brothers had white PJs with NASA logos just like Brooks' tracksuits.

Whether it was a case of hubris or editing or who knows what, her fall from favor has been spectacular.

It's remarkable. It's like a pod person took over her body. One that drinks too much.

16 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Heather has been a favorite of mine since the beginning, but now I'm thinking that perhaps she manufactured a likable character for tv.

I agree with this. It's what all the best angry mean girls do.

I continue to dislike Meredith's family using her nephew's mental illness for camera time. Also, we do not need another "charity" that will rapidly disappear. Will the sister receive an "executive director's" income from that charity? Another common scam.

19 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I don't like these three thirsty dipshits:

Hilarious and very apt. Bravo should drag all of the thirsty has-been housewives and dump them into a very special episode - where are they now. (Running from bill collectors, selling knock-off designer duds on eBay, hosting a tired desperate podcast)

Meredith's lovely black sequined pantsuit almost made up for her red wonky nipple dress.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I wish the others had ignored Heathers black eye when she started her bullshit. Or said “Beauty Lab doesn’t have something to help?”

Whidiot wants a conjugal visit with Jen Shah should she go away. Dear lord. 

Okay, here’s what’s got me hating Heather. Didn’t she bring Danica on the trip? As soon as Danica started saying to Jen what everyone else is thinking, Heather starts giving her the side glare. Then runs after Jen and implies that anyone defying Jen should know that “ stitches get snitches.”  I cannot stand the way they are coddling Jen at this point in time, They knew what was what.

I can’t stand either Angie and hope to never see them again. Give them a Brooks Marks track suit as a parting gift.

I would have said, "Oh, is this another Beauty Lab treatment?  It looks about as good as the overdone fillers." 

I would like Danna to be promoted to Housewife.  She is the only one speaking up directly to Jen (except that fight Angie K had in the van).  Despite the cast knowing that Jen was a scammer (lead scammer, no less), they are still either supporting her or remaining silent about her actions.  

• Like 7

Did Whitney really not know what "conjugal" meant?

Or did she say it as a mistake?  I couldn't figure that out, in that she didn't seem to correct herself when told what it means.

Which leads me to a new theory, involving a love triangle of 3 women, and a "friendship break" due to something that we're not being shown.

Just a theory....

• LOL 2
4 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I continue to dislike Meredith's family using her nephew's mental illness for camera time. Also, we do not need another "charity" that will rapidly disappear. Will the sister receive an "executive director's" income from that charity? Another common scam.

My sister works with people in recovery and it's waaay too soon for him to be out there like that. Even if he were further along in recovery he's too young to appreciate the extent to which he's opening up his life to millions of strangers/future employers, etc. Bad, bad idea. (This does not mean he can't be an active mentor on a local level among his peers. I'm sure he has a great deal to contribute; being the face of a national campaign should not be asked of him, and if it's his idea should have been discouraged.)

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, kassa said:

My sister works with people in recovery and it's waaay too soon for him to be out there like that. Even if he were further along in recovery he's too young to appreciate the extent to which he's opening up his life to millions of strangers/future employers, etc. Bad, bad idea. (This does not mean he can't be an active mentor on a local level among his peers. I'm sure he has a great deal to contribute; being the face of a national campaign should not be asked of him, and if it's his idea should have been discouraged.)

My guess is Meredith needed a story line, her son needed a way to show off his latest one and only sweatsuit design and the daughter needed some pocket money to buy douchy aviator sunglasses with the slightest of tint to wear indoors, so she sacrificed her nephew to do all that.

Yes it was too soon to put his business out there.

I just loved the way Meredith was introduced to start the fashion show (with no real fashions, how dreadful), "And now I'd like to introduce Meredith," hands Meredith the mic. What was that? 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
7 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Okay, here’s what’s got me hating Heather. Didn’t she bring Danica on the trip? As soon as Danica started saying to Jen what everyone else is thinking, Heather starts giving her the side glare. Then runs after Jen and implies that anyone defying Jen should know that “ stitches get snitches.”  I cannot stand the way they are coddling Jen at this point in time, They knew what was what.

I wonder if that was just for storyline purposes.  "Heather, invite Danna so it makes sense she's there when viewers don't know who she is."

Edited by larapu2000
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My guess is Meredith needed a story line, her son needed a way to show off his latest one and only sweatsuit design and the daughter needed some pocket money to buy douchy aviator sunglasses with the slightest of tint to wear indoors, so she sacrificed her nephew to do all that.

Yes it was too soon to put his business out there.

I just loved the way Meredith was introduced to start the fashion show (with no real fashions, how dreadful), "And now I'd like to introduce Meredith," hands Meredith the mic. What was that? 

Haha I noticed Meredith's bland introduction as well!  Along with the fact that this "big event" happened during daylight hours, which makes it suspect as well.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, princelina said:

Haha I noticed Meredith's bland introduction as well!  Along with the fact that this "big event" happened during daylight hours, which makes it suspect as well.

Yes, I noticed the harsh day light, the rooms lighting was harsh too, I want to know what was in the swag bags!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Is it me, or was that the lamest "fashion event" ever?

Looked like less than 50 people, and that includes all the HW's and friends of.

Not to mention Brooks Marks' play kit track suits.  Did that come in a "You too can do fashion kit", ages 5+ ?

And the whole thing was to highlight this poor nephew with true mental health issues.  Kid has a legitimate problem, oh, I know, let's throw these massive lights, cameras, and cheap track suits at it.  There, solved.  The amount of therapy that kid will need to survive his own family.

• Like 10
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes, I noticed the harsh day light, the rooms lighting was harsh too, I want to know what was in the swag bags!

Brook Marks labels to iron on your favorite sweats? Samples of Whitney's skincare line? Rinna lip gloss?

• LOL 10
16 hours ago, princelina said:

Hey come on now. The afternoon was the only free time she could get at the local Y!

2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Seth's taint?

When is the barficon being installed!?

• LOL 8

Regarding the fashion show - and this is true of a lot of the housewives' charitable events, I really don't understand how they actually raise money.

Where is the money coming from - surely no one is buying tickets the way it is done at galas; there was no auction or donations being sold.

I guess theoretically there is some element of promotion like some of the events on BH - i.e. Jamie Lee Curtis' foundation which highlighted the foundation and showed items that could be purchased through their website. Even the ridiculous Homeless Not Toothless provided enough of a storyline so that it raised the visibility of the charity.

There wasn't even any educational element in terms of providing some kind of even short talk about a specific disease or treatment. I have no idea what Meredith's foundation actually did except that it raised money because her nephew had a mental disease. While I do give to charity and support mental health, I would send my money to an already existing charity - e.g. a suicide hotline or equivalent. 

Not that I think it was a scam per se but if I want to donate to cancer, I will give to a reputable cancer organization which I have checked out in terms of its goals and how its funding is actually spent. I wouldn't give to a random charity that was mentioned on this show.

• Like 12
On 1/4/2023 at 8:38 PM, Stats Queen said:

It’s hard for Brooks to go to school and run a business. Dude, you sell one design of sweats, not a shop full of hundreds of different designs.

You forgot the massively oversized jacket from the big & tall section of the Men’s Wearhouse held shut with BROOKS MARKS tape that the tiny little female model was wearing. There were also some men’s shirts with one pec cut out of them—but I think those were from the other designers since there was no tape to be seen.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

You forgot the massively oversized jacket from the big & tall section of the Men’s Wearhouse held shut with BROOkS MARKS tape on that tiny little female model was wearing. There were also some men’s shirts with one pec cut out of them—but I think those were from the other designers since there was no tape to be seen.

And that jacket was the piece that Jen wanted!

• LOL 6
On 1/4/2023 at 8:38 PM, Stats Queen said:

It’s hard for Brooks to go to school and run a business. Dude, you sell one design of sweats, not a shop full of hundreds of different designs.

If this is the business Brooks is running, he must have plenty of time for his studies.

• LOL 13

Lisa’s outfit, I think, was her objection to being there for Meredith.  It was awful, looked like pajamas, didn’t fit her at all, and made the statement of ‘this is how you put your name on clothing’.

• LOL 7
On 1/6/2023 at 1:29 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

My guess is Meredith needed a story line, her son needed a way to show off his latest one and only sweatsuit design

I’m convinced now more than ever that this is the only reason Meredith joined this show. Exposure for her kid, which is backfiring horribly. And exposure for her own business, that she rarely shows and/or talks about. Unfortunately for her though, all that really happened was she exposed her odd son to the world leading to all those questions about his sexuality (Jen didn’t help with the retweeting, but c’mon, it was the rest of the world who was already doing the shit talking Meredith thanks to you), and his ugly clothes. Along with exposing her husband’s weird work ethics and mystery surrounding his job. She can blame other HW for talking about that all she wants, but ultimately she made the decision to put all that weird shit out there about her family. She seems mad now that she can’t control the narrative of her own storyline. Now dragging her poor nephew into it. I wonder who’s next? 

• Like 9
On 1/4/2023 at 9:50 PM, BloggerAloud said:

If this season has done anything, it has done a masterful job of taking down Heather Gay as a fan favorite. I liked her the first year but got inklings of things during the season one reunion and season 2 did her no favors. But the entire scene with Whitney was so odd and off-putting because the black eye drama is making her center of attention that she's never gotten to be and she's so sadly smug about it that it is sad. 

I liked her early on but found her obsession with being liked by Lisa very strange. It’s like a high school girl wanting to out a “mean girl” but 20 years too late and nobody cares anymore, so she just looks like she is nutso instead. Now though, she has gotten too big for her britches and I think the encouragement she received with leaving the church, her business expanding rapidly, and attention from men, has all created a monster. An unlikeable one at that. 

I am also a bit disappointed in Bravo for feeding into this “is it domestic violence or isn’t it” drama. Using the “was she beaten or not” as a never ending cliffhanger is in poor taste (especially after the other HW who was an actual victim and her husbands following suicide). Do better Bravo. That said, I could care less anymore. The cliffhanger has worn out it’s welcome. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
On 1/4/2023 at 8:17 PM, Emmeline said:

Dear god Meredith, could your glasses possibly be any bigger?  That is ridiculous.

And her nipples were so wonky and uneven in her talking head that I didn't hear a word she said.  I was too busy pushing that one nipple up in my mind. 🤪

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
20 hours ago, hottesthw said:

I’m convinced now more than ever that this is the only reason Meredith joined this show. Exposure for her kid,

...including exposure to Andy. I speculate that Andy allowed Brooks to design some of the horrible fashion we see on these women this season. Didn't Meredith wear one of his velvet and feathers monstrosities on the show last season?

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

...including exposure to Andy. I speculate that Andy allowed Brooks to design some of the horrible fashion we see on these women this season. Didn't Meredith wear one of his velvet and feathers monstrosities on the show last season?

I'm not sure about during the season, but she wore an awful Brook$ Mark$ big bird creation to one of the reunions.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 3
On 1/7/2023 at 3:45 PM, amarante said:

Regarding the fashion show - and this is true of a lot of the housewives' charitable events, I really don't understand how they actually raise money.

Where is the money coming from - surely no one is buying tickets the way it is done at galas; there was no auction or donations being sold.

I guess theoretically there is some element of promotion like some of the events on BH - i.e. Jamie Lee Curtis' foundation which highlighted the foundation and showed items that could be purchased through their website. Even the ridiculous Homeless Not Toothless provided enough of a storyline so that it raised the visibility of the charity.

There wasn't even any educational element in terms of providing some kind of even short talk about a specific disease or treatment. I have no idea what Meredith's foundation actually did except that it raised money because her nephew had a mental disease. While I do give to charity and support mental health, I would send my money to an already existing charity - e.g. a suicide hotline or equivalent. 

Not that I think it was a scam per se but if I want to donate to cancer, I will give to a reputable cancer organization which I have checked out in terms of its goals and how its funding is actually spent. I wouldn't give to a random charity that was mentioned on this show.

Nobody with any sense would either.  It was just some fluff.

• Like 1