Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E11: The Worst Goodbye

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Absolom said:

When you look at how little interaction most of the older kids have with Kody, that tells a big story about how he's viewed and how well or not he parented.  Logan seems to give Kody about as much care and attention as he received from Kody - virtually none.  Mykelti seems an outlier.  

Huh. I see the kids spread apart from their parents by miles going about their own grownup lives. I wouldn't expect Logan to get together with any of his parents but for special occasions, and the same goes for the other adult kids. They all either work full time or are raising kids and have their own little communities, plus inlaws. Maybe if they lived around the corner I would expect they'd see their dad more, but from my prospective, it all seems very normal to me.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

For sure. And I by no means am speaking of abuse, although many abused kids still love their parents even as adults.

From my view looking in, I see polygamy as the biggest problem with Kody coming in a close second. The kids grew up in polygamy, much of what they experienced was, IMO, was the emotional abuse of polygamy. Polygamy is a common denominator along with Kody.

I think Kody sucked and stills sucks as a parent, but I don't think he had much to do with the day to day of raising his kids. I'm going to guess his older kids don't spend a lot of time thinking about Kody. And for the ones who watch Sister Wives, I think they'll mostly think he was a shitty husband.

Even seeing his horrible treatment of Truely is this episode. They'll probably see it as awful, something to be mad about, and then move on.

I could be completely wrong, and maybe Kody was a monster of a dad, but like I said in an early post, I think he was more of a dad who came around for a few days and then was gone for a few days. 

3 hours ago, Absolom said:

When you look at how little interaction most of the older kids have with Kody, that tells a big story about how he's viewed and how well or not he parented.  Logan seems to give Kody about as much care and attention as he received from Kody - virtually none.  Mykelti seems an outlier.  

2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Huh. I see the kids spread apart from their parents by miles going about their own grownup lives. I wouldn't expect Logan to get together with any of his parents but for special occasions, and the same goes for the other adult kids. They all either work full time of are raising kids and have their own little communities, plus inlaws. Maybe if they lived around the corner I would expect they'd see their dad more, but from my prospective, it all seems very normal to me.

I think it's likely too, that a lot of the adult kids don't want to be on the show, or be on it very much. That doesn't necessarily mean they're done with their parents. They might just want to live their lives outside of the spotlight.

(And I say good for them.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, General Days said:

I think it's likely too, that a lot of the adult kids don't want to be on the show, or be on it very much. That doesn't necessarily mean they're done with their parents. They might just want to live their lives outside of the spotlight.

(And I say good for them.)

Agreed. But the fact that none of the kids from the OG wives seem to want a life of polygamy, that speaks volumes about what they think of their father and how their respective mothers were/are treated by him. These aren't dumb kids, they have seen what this shit show that Kody calls 'his calling' has done to the original moms and I'd wager a guess they are turned off by how Kody treats them. He has been rude, condescending, financially irresponsible, caused panic and anxiety amongst the kids with his stupid drama-induced 'escape from Utah in the middle of the night' move, and general neglect of his kids. And all that doesn't even begin to cover what he's actually said on the show for them to all hear and see. Now he's whining they don't include him in anything? Well you did the same to them asshole, karma, she'll kick you ass eventually!

• Applause 1
  • Love 13

Kody has said on the show that he's having problems with most of the adult kids. He also said that nobody likes him. It's safe to assume via Kody's own words that his relationship with most of his adult kids is strained.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe if they lived around the corner I would expect they'd see their dad more, but from my prospective, it all seems very normal to me.

Not for me.  My kids and I visit multiple times a year.  The comments many of them make about Kody aren't what I'm used to hearing from kids who respect their parent.

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
On 11/22/2022 at 2:34 PM, magemaud said:

Yes, when a man has strained relationships with four different women, what's the Common Denominator? 

I bet Kody has some lame brained scheme about "buying" Christine's house but never giving her a cent. 

Reminds me of the saying - "If you meet an asshole in the morning, you met an asshole. If you meet assholes all day long, YOU'RE the asshole." 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I too was wondering what she meant when she said she got a lot done.  Did she mean saving money for CP?  Clearing the tumbleweeds from the property and chasing away the prairie dogs?  Mining the plague pond for gold?  I was of the mind that she bought that RV and parked it square on CP (hopefully directly in Robyn's line of vision from the turret in her mansion) to call Kody's bluff about building, and/or to have a means of escape if it turned out Coyote Pass was just a pipe dream.  But she seemed genuinely frustrated when she told Kody that she'd gotten a lot done.  I hope we get more of the scoop in the next episode.

I sat there with my mouth agape when she said she had got a lot done. What, what did she get done?  I am sorta with kody in that I think this may have been an idiotic purchase. Did she pay cash for it?  A lot of people were buying  motor homes and various types of trailers during the pandemic, and she said this was the last of the model she wanted. At first I thought maybe they just bought it for a storyline, but it doesn’t seem to get developed just like CP.  also I was appalled that she planned to get it back on the property in April while Savannah was still in school . I get that she likes being outdoors and even camping, but these seems purposeless. Also she has the additional expense of storing her stuff from the rental. Please help me make sense of this. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

But she seemed genuinely frustrated when she told Kody that she'd gotten a lot done.

I don't think ANYTHING has been done on that property even to this day. Janelle talked about getting the greenhouses up and running ASAP but see no evidence of that

• Like 4
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Thanks, I think. That's what Auntie Googs said but it doesn't seem to make much sense.

It stands for original gangster but its extended  meaning is just ' the original' or the 'old school ones'

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Thanks, I think. That's what Auntie Googs said but it doesn't seem to make much sense.

It’s used to describe the ones who were there first. In this case, Meri,  Janelle and Christine were here at least 15 years before  Robyn  showed up.   You might see it used to describe the actors in an original series versus a remake.  Original Hawaii 5-0 cast versus the recent remake of the series.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Libby said:

Kody has said on the show that he's having problems with most of the adult kids. He also said that nobody likes him. It's safe to assume via Kody's own words that his relationship with most of his adult kids is strained.

And I would bet money that it has not even occurred to him that he is the reason for these strained relationships. He will never accept that he's the common denominator.

Confidential to Kody B: you're right that no one likes you. I guess a broken clock is right twice a day.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

The way Ari said it! More Dates! She kinda spewed it out in a hateful way I thought. I don't know if I could have been so kind as Christine in my response. Who lets there tender aged kids talk that way to adults? 

Poor Christine holding it together for so long to then break down. Im glad she had counseling because she needed it to deal with that narcissistic pos.

He always showed signs in the early days but my god  what he has become!

He has one marriage and 5 children and has ruined relationships with everyone else. And  by the way he doesnt care about you Mykelti either, you are the only one who will support him thats all. 

On 11/22/2022 at 11:22 AM, Soup333 said:

When Robyn and Kody came over for the big goodbye, I wonder where Garrison and Gwen had gotten off to. I didn’t notice them outside. 

I didn’t notice if Truley was mouthing help when Kody was hugging her but she was acting as if she didn’t want to hug him. Maybe she did it out of obligation the same way Kody showed affection to Christine. 

Truley never gets hugs from Kody It was all for the camera. 

• Like 4
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I too was wondering what she meant when she said she got a lot done.  Did she mean saving money for CP?  Clearing the tumbleweeds from the property and chasing away the prairie dogs?  Mining the plague pond for gold?  I was of the mind that she bought that RV and parked it square on CP (hopefully directly in Robyn's line of vision from the turret in her mansion) to call Kody's bluff about building, and/or to have a means of escape if it turned out Coyote Pass was just a pipe dream.  But she seemed genuinely frustrated when she told Kody that she'd gotten a lot done.  I hope we get more of the scoop in the next episode.

If he goes missing , we don’t know anything.  Janelle was with us the entire time ……..  ignore that gigantic hole on kody pass 

• LOL 20
On 11/22/2022 at 10:08 AM, MamaGee said:

Janelle would want one house after their history while in one and Kodouche can't distinguish between that and bad mouthing someone??

Crispy curls can’t distinguish his ass from a hole in the ground!

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

This episode was horrible. It bugged me that Mykelti kept insisting on having everyone over to say goodbye knowing Christine wanted nothing to do with it. She was so tired, broken down and stressed out that she just wanted to leave without seeing everyone again and I don't blame her. Look at how the last few meetings went with Kody and Sobbyn ganging up on her and screaming. I knew Sobbyn and her daughters were going to have major resting bitch face the whole time.  You could see it on their faces and body language that they did not care to be there.  They didn't look sad to me at all. They looked pissed off and so bitchy.  You know on the way to Christine's they were talking all kinds of shit. They all got out of the car angry with their arms folded. Sobbyn's daughters didn't even say goodbye to Christine and Truly. Sobbyn is such a  two faced liar saying they weren't angry, they're really hurt.  Could've fooled me. I didn't see one ounce of sadness in any of their faces.  They didn't want to go in the first place.  Mykelti should've listened to her mom's wishes and not forced that goodbye meeting with everyone. I'm shocked at what Mykelti sees in Sobbyn. I don't believe Sobbyn is a true loving "mom" to her. I don't trust her at all. I would never trust her with Truely spending the weekend at their house. She would be treated like Cinderella. Sobbyn doesn't want her there. They don't have room for thar little girl in that whole big mansion??? Sobbyn and her spawn are put on a pedestal and all the other kids and wives are just problems to her  and they see the others as being in their way. As for Ariella she 100% has Kody's manic ways. She says some weird stuff. I do agree that it made no sense for Janelle to buy the rv. It looks like a huge hassle and not worth it. I think deep down inside she knows (she should know) that they are never going to build houses on CP. It amazes me that she still thinks that's going to happen and that she thinks she has a real marriage still with him. It's like she turns a blind eye to what is really going on with them. Kody's with Sobbyn and her kids 99% of the time and I don't understand why she stays there. They're not in a romantic or "intimate" relationship and he spends zero time with Savannah. He's an asshole to her sons and treats them like they mean nothing to him. What the hell is she getting out of any of this?? He doesn't want a closer relationship with her, he wants her to turn on Christine and be on his side. If he was so interested in Janelle he would've been treating her and Sobbyn 100% equally all these years. How can she be okay with the way things are?? She gets absolutely nothing from staying there and neither does her daughter. I have a hard time believing that she will actually leave him. 

• Applause 12
  • Love 4

Kody's not interested in Janelle at all and she knows it. And that's been fine for a long time - she was left alone to raise her kids and make independent decisions. But now with Christine leaving (hopefully FINALLY this week), and watching Janelle chosing to support her and not Kody (big surprise there, Ramen head), I think he's waking up to the idea she might do the same. Losing one wife to independence is bad enough; losing two?

I don't think Janelle's been out in the RV doing nothing. I think the things she's been doing include working through her options. At least I hope that's what she's doing.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

I’ll bet Truely has expressed to Christine how much she doesn’t like to spend time at Robyn’s house and the prospect of staying there for a weekend is terrifying. Maybe that’s why Christine insisted on her having her own room there, Ari probably doesn’t give her a moment’s peace. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

If Ari wasn't allowed to go and hug Truely good-bye because of social distancing, what are the odds that when Truely went and spent time with Kody at Robyn's house she was actually allowed in the house?

It’s ridiculous.  Divorced parents were entitled to visitation with their children during the pandemic. Lots of people still went to their work locations, to the grocery store, and back home to their families. Truely had to be tested weekly to go there once Kody decided to only see her there rather than at Christine’s.  Ari still couldn’t hug her outside.   Yet Ari and Sol went to school and did not social distance with classmates.  They didn’t social distance with MyKelti and Tony, which was actually worse health wise for Avalon than anyone else. 
Kody went to a wedding, and definitely did not social distance there.  Dancing surrounded by people he didn’t know.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 10

I’m telling y’all. They were pissed because Christine was the one who handled shindigs and they got to see what their futures were like.   Whoever is left is gonna get stuck eating Robyn’s “ bomb lasagna “

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

I’ll bet Truely has expressed to Christine how much she doesn’t like to spend time at Robyn’s house and the prospect of staying there for a weekend is terrifying. Maybe that’s why Christine insisted on her having her own room there, Ari probably doesn’t give her a moment’s peace. 

Ari is probably a pest. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I wonder if Kody was holding up his ridiculous covid policies because Gabe was there. After all, that was his reason to want the boys thrown out. Now Kody probably feels like he has to hold those rules in front of Gabe.

It's the saddest thing that I ever saw that a parent wants to win over everything and everyone.

As far as Kody is concerned, screw Truley's last night. He has to win over Gabe and Christine. Truley is collateral damage. Her feelings are irrelevant.

He is honestly a despicable person. Thank goodness Christine and Truley are free.

It seems that most of Janelle and Christine's children have cut ties as well. Every single person in that family that removes themselves from Kody and Robyn is something to be celebrated.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
On 11/23/2022 at 8:16 PM, Pooky said:

The way Ari said it! More Dates! She kinda spewed it out in a hateful way I thought. I don't know if I could have been so kind as Christine in my response. Who lets there tender aged kids talk that way to adults? 

I agree with you but I suppose if the adults talk that way in her presence, she figures its ok for her to talk that way. Plus nobody said a word to her that it was inappropriate so I guess there's your answer.

• Sad 1
  • Love 3

I think by the fall of 2021 most were okay with outside gathers and quick hugs, but covid was at the beginning of the massive Omicron peak. So some (most in my area) were still masking indoors and still taking other indoor precautions. What I'd like to know is when Robyn had covid - was it before or after this meeting?

• Like 1

i thought Gabriel's TH was interesting...i don't remember what his exact words were, but it was something like "i'm not sad about the divorce...i am sad that Christine is moving...in her shoes i would do the same thing" Love that kid!

I almost fell off the couch when Kody told the kids they were doing covid distancing rules for the goodbye...it wasn't all that long after Ysabel's graduation/birthday party where they all sat together and hugged each other...in between was the wedding Kody attended and interacting with guests, plus Robyn's kids going to school...so wtf??? 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I wish Kody had explained why it was okay for Sol and Ari to hug Mykelti, Tony and Avalon but not Truely.  

He couldn't explain it because his reasoning was totally ridiculous! 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, Pixilicious said:

I almost fell off the couch when Kody told the kids they were doing covid distancing rules for the goodbye...it wasn't all that long after Ysabel's graduation/birthday party where they all sat together and hugged each other...in between was the wedding Kody attended and interacting with guests, plus Robyn's kids going to school...so wtf??? 

Oh my goodness. You are so right. They all had already gathered together outside.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
On 11/24/2022 at 10:42 AM, dariafan said:

I’m telling y’all. They were pissed because Christine was the one who handled shindigs and they got to see what their futures were like.   Whoever is left is gonna get stuck eating Robyn’s “ bomb lasagna “

So true!  😂. And, do they call Robyn's lasagna "the bomb" because after eating it, you get "explosive diarrhea?"  😉

• LOL 3
On 11/24/2022 at 6:18 AM, Joan of Argh said:

This!

Plus…. Could AuROARa and Breanna look like bigger dolts?…. Robyn standing there with her exaggerated frown and those two idiots copying her looked like a scene out of Cinderella with the ugly stepsisters.

E6E2CE2C-A9D2-4C19-92AA-AF237785C32D.jpeg

On 11/24/2022 at 9:11 AM, magemaud said:

image.jpeg.2a1b26539ecdbd2e06ca475e0d25ec37.jpegI wish I could fix the eyebrows! 

YES!!! The perfect comparison! The wicked stepmother and evil step sisters!

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 11/24/2022 at 12:42 PM, dariafan said:

Gluten free.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 11/25/2022 at 1:13 PM, GeeGolly said:

Oh my goodness. You are so right. They all had already gathered together outside.

Ok so its hard to keep the timeline clear as well as the crazy covid history - BUT, if this was late summer 2021, there was indeed an omicron wave, Our family had planned a big family trip for that time (Aug 21) , and when it was planned we didn't think we needed too many Covid precautions but by the time it rolled around, we did do some mitigation efforts (Didnt eat at restaurants, tested before going, wore masks in public. We had 2 babies coming, one who is a bot medically fragile, a pregnant person and a cancer survivor with us). Also at that time, adults were Vaxxed but not kids yet =- so might that have something to do w hugging mykelti ok but not truely? 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, MamaMax said:

Ok so its hard to keep the timeline clear as well as the crazy covid history - BUT, if this was late summer 2021, there was indeed an omicron wave, Our family had planned a big family trip for that time (Aug 21) , and when it was planned we didn't think we needed too many Covid precautions but by the time it rolled around, we did do some mitigation efforts (Didnt eat at restaurants, tested before going, wore masks in public. We had 2 babies coming, one who is a bot medically fragile, a pregnant person and a cancer survivor with us). Also at that time, adults were Vaxxed but not kids yet =- so might that have something to do w hugging mykelti ok but not truely? 

In my area Omicron hadn't quite bloomed yet - October and November is when it really started to rear its ugly head. But by then they knew air was far more likely to infect someone with covid than surface transfer. 

Our family has always been covid careful because we have to be and we felt comfortable hugging and gathering at length outside, before and after Omicron.

A lot of New England had masks mandates a couple of months into 2022. It all feels so far away, but this upcoming holiday season is only the third since covid began.

But if the Browns had already gathered for Ysabel's celebration, it doesn't make sense to separate, unless someone on "one side" had or recently had covid.

• Like 3

Late summer 2021 was Delta which was one of the more severe variants.  Quite a few people thought if they were vaccinated, they were teflon and didn't protect themselves as much.  Omicron was found in South Africa in November, 2021, and zoomed through the world.  If Robyn had Delta, she could easily have been sick enough for the hospital especially if they didn't get vaccinated.  Kody worrying about her dying was a bit much.  She didn't look like she was in an ICU.  

Graduation and heading off to college in summer 2021 would have been fine outside especially for vaccinated people.  There was no reason for Kody to be a jerk about things.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

Graduation and heading off to college in summer 2021 would have been fine outside especially for vaccinated people.  There was no reason for Kody to be a jerk about things.

But Kody was never vaccinated, right?  I don't know about Robyn. Honestly, if you're coming up with strict protoculls to protect the family and DON'T get vaccinated, is there a reason? I know that not everyone CAN but far more can and don't. And then Kody wonders how they got Covid. It's a mystery.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

if you're coming up with strict protoculls to protect the family and DON'T get vaccinated, is there a reason?

I'll disclose my bias upfront and say I have little patience for anti-vaxxers, but to answer your question:

1. Some people didn't get the vaccine because they felt it was, if not outright unsafe, developed too quickly to be definitively safe and effective;

2. Some people feared side effects (both those that were known and those that might not yet be known) and postponed or decided against the vaccine;

3. Some people believed the vaccine was derived using fetal tissue and had religious objections to it.

I'm not endorsing any of these reasons, but those are the ones I heard the most from folks who didn't get the vaccine.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1