Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E11: The Worst Goodbye

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

Christine reveals that she's open to getting married again someday; Janelle frustrates Kody when she makes another change to her living situation; after packing up Christine's house, Mykelti urges the family to get together for one last goodbye

Air Date: November 21, 2022

This thread is for episode discussion ONLY. Please take all “real time” and social media discussion to participant threads. 

Kody mistakenly believes that he is irreplaceable.  🥴  I hope Christine lives the life that shows him he is wrong.  It wouldn’t have been very Christian like, but her and Janelle singing a little Beyoncé would have lightened the mood.  Lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4

When Christine broke down and sobbed in Janelle's arms..Kody whipped his head at a right angle, toward Robyn, and Sol does a fair imitation of Robyn throwing his head back. That was creepy af. Ari does it in the last episode, Sol does it in this one. Eeuuww.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Adeejay said:

There is a saying, “The road to hell is paved with good intentions.”  I believe Mykelti had good intentions, but she should have been more mindful of her mother’s feelings and how it would affect her.  Clearly, Christine didn’t tell her about Kody’s “Knife to the Kidneys” soliloquy.  Can’t help but wonder if she would have insisted on a goodbye get-together had she known.  Poor Christine! She appeared to be emotionally exhausted, and yet, she was willing to go along despite the obvious hurt and pain.

But according to Kidney she never cared about the family. But there she was, saying a goodbye to people she needed some space from.  Meanwhile, Robyn's sullen little fucks, this is great btw whydoievencare, are over there being pissy because of something that was said to them.  First off, Robyn and Kidney shouldn't have been saying shit to any of the kids. Be a fucking grown up and respect that Christine wants some space from the two big ass fakers that made it all about them and she needed space from over dramatic man child Kidney that can't act like an adult and had a hissy fit about how one of his 4 wives was treated so badly and how hurt he was. But he never loved her and didn't find her attractive and was just holding her hand out of duty. 

If I was even Robyn's kids and saw that, I would hate him. Number 1, these women would not want a former spouse of any of their children to be treated that way, much less a sister wife. I would hate to be any of Kidney's kids and to be watching how and what he said about Christine no matter what my relationship was with her. Because as a kid Or grown adult I would think, oh wow, what if he said that to my mom or my sisters. Does that make sense? 

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, toodywoody said:
4 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

Number 1, these women would not want a former spouse of any of their children to be treated that way, much less a sister wife. I would hate to be any of Kidney's kids and to be watching how and what he said about Christine no matter what my relationship was with her. Because as a kid Or grown adult I would think, oh wow, what if he said that to my mom or my sisters. Does that make sense? 

Yes it does.  It obviously bothered Janelle based upon her comments at the beginning of the episode 

• Love 6

Mykelti I has matured so much.  Perhaps the goodbye was not such a great idea but she obviously loves her mom and was trying to assure everyone that Christine's leaving is not the end of the family.

Edited by luvmylabs
  • Like 5
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Ari with pacifier when they pulled up. Is she potty trained? I wonder if Robyn is still breast feeding.

Also was she standing and not in a carseat? That's what I thought I saw but I couldn't be bothered to go back and double check.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Wink 1
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Was Dayton there?

He was probably very busy uploading crap to MSWC, followed by managing some invisible construction over in Coyote Piss Pass (Sure, Jan), and he was clearly shirking his 'job'for KBF Entertainment LLC...

Edited by gingerella
  • Like 1
  • LOL 13
6 minutes ago, gingerella said:

He was probably very busy uploading crap to MSWC, followed by managing some invisible construction over in Coyote Piss Pass (Sure, Jan), and he was clearly shirking his 'job'for KBF Entertainment LLC...

Maybe he just doesn't want to be part of the show anymore? I think it would be a hard pass for me too, especially if I (individually) were not being paid.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, luvmylabs said:

Mykelti I has matured so much. 

I disagree. Part of maturity is learning how to read a room. Based on the conversation with her father and stepmother, Mykelti should have realized that a family gathering would not be a good idea.  

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Adeejay said:

There is a saying, “The road to hell is paved with good intentions.”  I believe Mykelti had good intentions, but she should have been more mindful of her mother’s feelings and how it would affect her.  Clearly, Christine didn’t tell her about Kody’s “Knife to the Kidneys” soliloquy.  Can’t help but wonder if she would have insisted on a goodbye get-together had she known.  Poor Christine! She appeared to be emotionally exhausted, and yet, she was willing to go along despite the obvious hurt and pain.

This. I was angry with Mykelti for forcing this issue and wanted to shake her through the screen — “Don’t you know you’re making it WORSE?” She made it more awkward and more uncomfortable, forcing everyone together not long after they’d had a huge blow-up.

If Mykelti wanted goodbyes for herself, she could have gone to them and had her goodbyes. It was rude and thoughtless of her to do this. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, luvmylabs said:

Mykelti I has matured so much.  Perhaps the goodbye was not such a great idea but she obviously loves her mom and was trying to assure everyone that Christine's leaving is not the end of the family.

No, she hasn’t IMO. It was a very immature, thoughtless “teenager” thing that she did. She forced the meet and everyone was miserable. If Mykelti wanted goodbyes for herself, she should have been mature enough to go on her own to each section of family instead of making it harder on her mom and siblings.

Being a young adult and just starting out requires learning life lessons — I hope Mykelti learned something from this. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1

I think the forced goodbye gathering was a TLC thing to generate more tension, which of course it did. Christine handled herself very well for someone who didn't want to be there. Kody, as usual, was an asshole. His interaction with Truely was forced and uncomfortable, which makes sense as we know he didn't spend much time with her when they were all in AZ. Robyn's daughters look just like her including the frozen angry face. Glad Meri wasn't there.

• Like 14
  • Applause 6
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Where did Mykelti and Tony meet up with Robyn and Kody? There was a big ass RV behind them.

I'm pretty sure they were at Robin's McMansion. They told Sol and Ariellaaalaaablahblah to go inside and change clothes.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

I'm so glad we already know that Christine will be fine! But next week seems like Janelle is at her breaking point. Buying Christine's house might be a good idea for her security but the house has bad juju, and she's right, she needs her own house in her name only. Fuck Kody and fuck Robyn. They deserve their hellish monogamy.

I think that Kidney liked Christine's house more than he liked Christine. He seems desperate to hang onto it somehow...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, TipseyGirl said:

I'm pretty sure they were at Robin's McMansion. They told Sol and Ariellaaalaaablahblah to go inside and change clothes.

The RV didn't appear to be Janelle's. Did Robyn have to run out and buy one? Maybe she's going to replace her bench. 😁

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 11
9 hours ago, Adeejay said:

There is a saying, “The road to hell is paved with good intentions.”  I believe Mykelti had good intentions, but she should have been more mindful of her mother’s feelings and how it would affect her.

I don’t think Mykelti had good intentions. She’s always had a Jan Brady chip on her shoulder. I think she was 💯 trying to stay relevant to that TLC paycheck and to stir drama.  
b

But what else can be expected when youve grown up in a culture of having to compete for attention and being ignored because you do feel slighted and not receiving any of the blatant favoritism no matter that you do.

• Like 4
  • Love 7

He was actually expecting Christine to throw together a party ???  Guess Mrs did nothing for the family except raise them. And feed them. And throw the gatherings might have been more important that kootie 

• Sad 6
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Onecattoo said:

So Gwen thought Christine and Kody should have divorced a long time ago…

But.. But Sobyn said Kodouche and Christine were happy in Vegas, so obviously Gwen lied 🙄🙄😁

• Like 4
  • Wink 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I don’t think Mykelti had good intentions. She’s always had a Jan Brady chip on her shoulder. I think she was 💯 trying to stay relevant to that TLC paycheck and to stir drama.  
b

But what else can be expected when youve grown up in a culture of having to compete for attention and being ignored because you do feel slighted and not receiving any of the blatant favoritism no matter that you do.

I laughed at this even though I have no idea what it means. I know she was a character on the Brady bunch but I never saw any episodes. Picturing a major drama Queen who goes into theatrics for attention (?). 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I'm going back and forth about Mykelti.

Is her entire 'role' made up and show driven? From Robyn watching Avalon's birth, to her being the connection between UT and AZ for future shows? Or is she really friendly with Robyn?

• Like 6
  • Wink 2
  • Love 1

If they had never gotten the tv show I think Kody would still be upset at Christine leaving because she made a decision on her own. I think his rage is amplified a millionaire percent because it is on tv and all the viewers are on her side and applauding. He is so desperate to appear as a heartbroken 🙄 man instead of the uncaring lousy husband and father that he has shown himself to be.
He believed he had total control over his wives and it must scare him to death to realize he doesn’t.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7

This was fillmed in the fall of 2021 not 2020. Why is Kody saying that they can't go into the house because of Covid?  Everyone that I know had been vaccinated by then and we were not afraid to go into famiy member's homes.  Mykelti didn't saying anything about Christine turning her back on God. What she said to K&R is that just because her mom left her dad her relationship with K&R would not change. 

God Janelle needs to get a clue. They are never going to build on Coyote Pass. Sell the RV and start banking your money. Kody doesn't give a damn if you have a house or not.  I am beginning to think that she has become delusional after being around Kody all these years. While I despise Kody I agree that buying that RV was a dumb move. How does blowing $50,000 on an RV that you can only live in a few months of the year help to get the land paid off? On top of what she paid for the RV she is now paying rent on an apartment and storage fees for the RV. Can she not add these thing up?  What really got me was when Janelle said that she had accomplished a lot in the 4 months of living in the RV. Like what Janelle? 

• Like 14
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I laughed at this even though I have no idea what it means. I know she was a character on the Brady bunch but I never saw any episodes. Picturing a major drama Queen who goes into theatrics for attention (?). 

Middle child syndrome.  Jan felt slighted by the attention given to her older sister Marcia.   
Rightfully so to be honest, but viewers fell in love with the actress playing Marcia, and therefore she got  the majority of the shows’ scenes of the female children. Plus the actress was older and better able to play to the camera. 

Back to MyKelti, she was considered the odd one out as she grew up. Interested in things the rest of the family was not. Not afraid to speak her mind and challenge Kody.  Female, and Kody only paid attention to his male children then. Christine only had one male child, Janelle had 4. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Also was she standing and not in a carseat? That's what I thought I saw but I couldn't be bothered to go back and double check.

she probably unclipped herself after they parked.  

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

My heart breaks for Truly, but she seems to be able to let things slide. I hope that's who she is and she's not stuffing everything inside.

This.  I hope it isn't an issue in 10 - 15 years when she's trying to form her own relationships.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
11 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

God Janelle needs to get a clue. They are never going to build on Coyote Pass. Sell the RV and start banking your money. Kody doesn't give a damn if you have a house or not.  I am beginning to think that she has become delusional after being around Kody all these years. While I despise Kody I agree that buying that RV was a dumb move. How does blowing $50,000 on an RV that you can only live in a few months of the year help to get the land paid off? On top of what she paid for the RV she is now paying rent on an apartment and storage fees for the RV. Can she not add these thing up?  What really got me was when Janelle said that she had accomplished a lot in the 4 months of living in the RV. Like what Janelle?

Oh, I think Janelle has a clue. But the focus this season is on The Divorce in long, drawn-out drama and recaps, and Janelle and Christine have talked and worked together through the whole thing. I'm betting that Janelle is boiling and will be the feature for next season. Just because she hasn't made a media announcement of her leaving doesn't mean squat.

• Like 2
  • Love 6

I know this may seem out there, but perhaps Ariella heard so much from Kody and Robyn about Christine leaving, that she decided to ask Christine herself. It took until the last night there, which suggests she hadn’t seen Christine in quite a while.

The dating thing, just weird.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 10
  • Love 1