Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E10: The Knife in the Kidneys

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, yankeefan said:

Ari's behavior sounds eerily similar to the way Robyn was hounding Christine about having a relationship with her.  Christine very politely deflected and talked about needing space, but Robyn wouldn't let up.  I would have told her flat out to back off.

In my opinion, the reason Robyn kept asking about their future relationships was because she wants to reinforce her narrative that Christine is unkind to her.  Robyn continues to try to paint a picture of herself as a victim to get viewers on her side, as well as to manipulate Kody.  Kody was attempting to hold it together until he perceived Robyn being disregarded and hurt by Christine again (his view) and then completely lost it.  

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 7
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't think that Robyn wants any of the sister wives raising her kids or even spending much time with them (despite her saying otherwise). I think she has very specific ideas about how her children will be raised and she likes having hired help, because then she is the boss and they do as she says or they are fired. Plus I think she likes the perceived cache of having a "staff." 

I’m not sure what it is, unless it’s a health problem. Some people have health issues that necessitate assistance with child care.  I get that, but if not, and you don’t have a career or job, then why?  If the parent isn’t attending school, studying for the bar, working remotely from home, providing care for a senior or disabled person, running a home business, writing a book, creating artistic work,  etc………then outside child care seems odd.  I suppose that the kids could  get tired of Robyn and want someone else to interact with.  That seems rather indulgent, to me.  So, for an unemployed mother to have paid, in-home childcare when she is stretching the dollars………seems odd.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

Maybe.  One thing I noticed is that the show hasn’t filmed in many of the local places like stores, parks, sites, etc,  Just a few over the years.  They’ve shown CP and the homes a lot.  

I've noticed this too. Conversations always take place in someone's backyard, or on folding chairs at Coyote Pass, or on Meri's driveway. I wonder if it's just cheaper to film that way, or if restaurants have actually turned them down. 

I also wonder if Kody called Savannah to ask about her first day of school after he finished fawning over Solomon and Ariella. 

And Meri backing up Kody in her talking head after how he has treated her made me want to gag. It reminds me of a bullied kid who bullies others kids to try to get the bully to like her. So sad.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Love 13
26 minutes ago, TipseyGirl said:

Yes. But his twin banana curls that are placed so delicately as to frame his five-head were still present. I swear, I want to grab those fuckers, yank them down under his chin, and knot them together.

*standing ovation*

• Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I have never seen any evidence of Christine treating Robyn like dirt.  However, she is on tape expressing how Robyn joining the family made her feel insecure and how she was worried about her place with Kody.  I believe what she really wanted was for her husband to love and treat her the way he did Robyn.  Is that too much to ask?

Christine was too smart to act mean on camera, but she has repeatedly admitted to resenting and mistreating Robyn over the seasons. I am inclined to believe that she's been crappy to Robyn since the beginning. That said, I do not blame her. You're absolutely right that there was nothing wrong with Christine's expectation that her "husband" would treat her with love and respect

I put that in bold, because the real failure is Kody (not any of the women). The real reason for his failure, imo, is that despite what their religion teaches, plural marriage does not make its participants better. It does not grind off the rough edges. It could set up any man up to become a narcissist (and Kody's factory settings were already dialed up to maximum narcissist, before he married any of these women). Meanwhile, each woman learns to work whatever her relationship angle is (i.e. to manipulate).

Back to Christine, though. About halfway through this episode, in response to Kody's "knife in the kidneys/sacrifices I made to love you" melodramatic monologue, Christine says, "I never tried to treat anyone like crap," and in response to Kody insisting she did anyhow, she adds that she's sorry, and that she didn't want or mean to.

That's where I think Christine is not being honest with the Browns, with the audience, and maybe even with herself.

If you do something wrong and apologize for it, but then keep doing it (for a decade), each apology becomes less believable.

I found one of Meri's talking-head comments telling. She said, "I know that, in our family, every one of us has had a conversation with another one of us, about another one of us." I am sure that's true, just because it's human nature.

Kody is a narcissist, a drama queen, and might not even be good at monogamous marriage, but despite the fact that he is to blame, and plural marriage itself is to blame for where the  Browns now find themselves, I think he was being truthful and correct, when he said Christine has long been gunning for the other wives (and let's face it, she would mostly be gunning for Robyn, and Robyn's the only one Kody gives a shit about, so of course that would piss him off the most).

[Note: the word "gunning" is my word, he put it differently.]

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, General Days said:

Christine was too smart to act mean on camera, but she has repeatedly admitted to resenting and mistreating Robyn over the seasons. I am inclined to believe that she's been crappy to Robyn since the beginning. That said, I do not blame her. You're absolutely right that there was nothing wrong with Christine's expectation that her "husband" would treat her with love and respect

I put that in bold, because the real failure is Kody (not any of the women). The real reason for his failure, imo, is that despite what their religion teaches, plural marriage does not make its participants better. It does not grind off the rough edges. It could set up any man up to become a narcissist (and Kody's factory settings were already dialed up to maximum narcissist, before he married any of these women). Meanwhile, each woman learns to work whatever her relationship angle is (i.e. to manipulate).

Back to Christine, though. About halfway through this episode, in response to Kody's "knife in the kidneys/sacrifices I made to love you" melodramatic monologue, Christine says, "I never tried to treat anyone like crap," and in response to Kody insisting she did anyhow, she adds that she's sorry, and that she didn't want or mean to.

That's where I think Christine is not being honest with the Browns, with the audience, and maybe even with herself.

If you do something wrong and apologize for it, but then keep doing it (for a decade), each apology becomes less believable.

I found one of Meri's talking-head comments telling. She said, "I know that, in our family, every one of us has had a conversation with another one of us, about another one of us." I am sure that's true, just because it's human nature.

Kody is a narcissist, a drama queen, and might not even be good at monogamous marriage, but despite the fact that he is to blame, and plural marriage itself is to blame for where the  Browns now find themselves, I think he was being truthful and correct, when he said Christine has long been gunning for the other wives (and let's face it, she would mostly be gunning for Robyn, and Robyn's the only one Kody gives a shit about, so of course that would piss him off the most).

[Note: the word "gunning" is my word, he put it differently.]

I do agree with most of this, specifically the part about how Christine admitted to the poor treatment of Robyn by her. I guess, we can consider the justification…I mean, Kody was at fault, but wasn’t Robyn playing him like a fiddle?  I guess it’s like which came first…chicken or egg. Who started it?    Regardless, Kody played this all wrong for the show.  Although, for drama purposes, he’s batting a thousand.  Without a big blow out, this season would have been pretty dull.  

As far as Meri’s comment about talking behind the other’s back…..I say, the reason people prefer it is because it’s more fun. Lol You can snark, dish and not get attacked.  If you say things to the person’s face, it’s more uncomfortable.  It’s awkward and they might just attack you verbally.  So, all around, behind the back talk is safer and more enjoyable.  I’m surprised Meri didn’t know that. Lol. 

• Like 5
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 12

My initial feeling was that I was watching a scripted, rehearsed scene.  Ari's overly dramatic and fully acted out dialog is not the normal response of a kid who has just come home from kindergarten.  Robyn probably thinks it's cute and makes her daughter seem smarter to be dramatic.  I've seen a few parents who encourage their kids to be "different" so they stand out  

I expect nothing is allowed to just be what it is in that house  I remember Aurora and Brianna so dramatically over emoting and clinging to Kody like limpets.  Three out of three daughters don't do that on their own.  One future llama drama kid might do that and think it's fun.  But for all three this is something they are taught and encouraged if not forced to do.  

My granddaughter could and can put on an act like Ari, but she well knows it's an act and it is only pulled out for fun or to torment her parents or her brother.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 3
  • Useful 5
  • Love 8
48 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I've noticed this too. Conversations always take place in someone's backyard, or on folding chairs at Coyote Pass, or on Meri's driveway. I wonder if it's just cheaper to film that way, or if restaurants have actually turned them down. 

I also wonder if Kody called Savannah to ask about her first day of school after he finished fawning over Solomon and Ariella. 

And Meri backing up Kody in her talking head after how he has treated her made me want to gag. It reminds me of a bullied kid who bullies others kids to try to get the bully to like her. So sad.

This. And this is why I don’t think Meri is staying “for the money”. I’m sure it helps, but she’s there because she wants Kody to want her back. And he doesn’t — each season he sends more and more hints that he wishes she were gone. Also, Christine left him and she’s likely financially less stable than Meri — Meri stays for HIM. 

Meri will be fine without the show, she’s a top dog at LuLaRot. I wonder if she’s using some of the show $$ to pay off the B&B so she doesn’t have to worry about it later on. I may not like what she does selling crap clothes and adding as many downlines as she can but out of all of them, she hustles the hardest.

And still a bully. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

I think Ari say the "mommy - school, mommy - school" was her repeating what Robyn likely said. They probably discussed her day (for real) and Robyn said something like, I could tell you were nervous when you went in, you kept looking at me and then your school and then me, etc.".

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

I wondered about the kid scenes too, but there are some really precocious kids who are for real.  I love this child.  I wish that she could give Kody a talking to.  Her message is really on point for this season of Sister Wives.  It seems the child has observed some mean behavior and wants to bring peace.  

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2
  • Fire 1
  • Love 5
49 minutes ago, General Days said:

About halfway through this episode, in response to Kody's "knife in the kidneys/sacrifices I made to love you" melodramatic monologue, Christine says, "I never tried to treat anyone like crap," and in response to Kody insisting she did anyhow, she adds that she's sorry, and that she didn't want or mean to.

Based on the way Kody was haranguing Christine, if he'd accused her of helping to kidnap Elizabeth Smart, she would have cop to it.  When most people are being berated and gaslighted by nasty, mean bullies, they will say and do anything to make it stop.  Which is why a lot of people confess to murders they didn't commit.  

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I do agree with most of this, specifically the part about how Christine admitted to the poor treatment of Robyn by her. I guess, we can consider the justification…I mean, Kody was at fault, but wasn’t Robyn playing him like a fiddle?  I guess it’s like which came first…chicken or egg. Who started it?    Regardless, Kody played this all wrong for the show.  Although, for drama purposes, he’s batting a thousand.  Without a big blow out, this season would have been pretty dull.  

Oh, I'm sure Robyn was playing him like a fiddle. I think they all played or tried to play Kody like a fiddle in their own ways. I think polygamy conditions women to manipulate. Robyn was just better at it, probably because even her original circumstances fluffed his ego. Here's this pretty, young single mom, divorced from an abusive monogamous marriage, because her big-plyg-name-family ex-husband wasn't up to the task of plural marriage. Kody probably felt like a white knight riding to her rescue.

19 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Based on the way Kody was haranguing Christine, if he'd accused her of helping to kidnap Elizabeth Smart, she would have cop to it.  When most people are being berated and gaslighted by nasty, mean bullies, they will say and do anything to make it stop.  Which is why a lot of people confess to murders they didn't commit.  

Sure, but over the seasons of the show, Christine has had quite a few times where she's talked about resenting and mistreating Robyn. Every time she's done it, she's talked about it like it was in the past and she's turning over a new leaf. That gets old.

Look, I think Christine is terrific. I am rooting for her. I am happy she freed herself from this toxic stew. I just don't need to think she was always perfect. She is a human.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
47 minutes ago, camom said:

With all the sacrifices Kody made to love Christine (gag), why is her leaving like a knife to the kidneys and not a knife to the heart?

I feel like he stumbled just a bit before tossing out this dramatic line, like he was going to say "heart," but using heart would imply that he loves/loved her, and we know that was never the case, so he had to quickly think of another organ and went with the one that nearly did Truely in when she was under his care.  Great choice, nimrod.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
59 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I love this child.  I wish that she could give Kody a talking to.  Her message is really on point for this season of Sister Wives.  It seems the child has observed some mean behavior and wants to bring peace.  

I remeber seeing this years ago and it brought tears to my eyes, then and now. I wonder if her parents took it to heart.  She was so adorable and so wise for her years.  I'd love ot know where she is now.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Adeejay said:

There were times when I felt embarrassed for Christine.  She knew how Kody felt about her, so she would do anything just to get his attention.  Kody has made it perfectly clear that he didn’t love Christine.  Last night, he admitted that he brought her into the family to "clean up the mess between Meri and Janelle."  As soon as she expressed any needs or emotions except contentment, he resented her.  I have never seen any evidence of Christine treating Robyn like dirt.  However, she is on tape expressing how Robyn joining the family made her feel insecure and how she was worried about her place with Kody.  I believe what she really wanted was for her husband to love and treat her the way he did Robyn.  Is that too much to ask?

I am currently watching through all the seasons (catching up).  I just finished season 11 (watching the current season at the same time).  And it is in season 10?  or 11? where Christine apologizes to Robyn for taking out her frustrations with Kody on Robyn.  And in the early seasons where Christine was surprised she was feeling jealous when Robyn first joined the family there was another scene where Christine was saying she was going to make an effort to be more welcoming and develop a sister-wife relationship with Robyn.  Having said that they all kind of treat each other badly except for Christine and Janelle. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, General Days said:

Sure, but over the seasons of the show, Christine has had quite a few times where she's talked about resenting and mistreating Robyn. Every time she's done it, she's talked about it like it was in the past and she's turning over a new leaf. That gets old.

Robyn is a master manipulator.  She had Meri eating out of the palm of her hands and Janelle and Kody had a sister-brother relationship.  Which left Christine.  She saw her as her only competition.  Janelle has made it perfectly clear that she can't stand Robyn and doesn't have any use for her, and yet, Kody has never said anything to her.  Bottom line, when Christine didn’t kiss Robyn’s ass or bowed down to her sufficiently, she would report her to Kody.  Voicing any concerns about Robyn and what it was doing to his other relationships was, to Kody, complaining about and mistreating Robyn.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Meanwhile, Sol intones like a wise old man that Ari is just shy, and when she pretends to faint (why?)

Because when her drama queen sister did it, Kootie swooped in and carried the Damsel in Distress off to the tower bedroom.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Or even Truely. She's still his child and I thought he was so gung-ho to get his time in. Oh wait, he doesn't want to see or talk to Christine ever again and she might answer the phone. Too bad, Truely. Maybe your sisters will call you.

• Like 2
  • Sad 8
19 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Robyn is a master manipulator.  She had Meri eating out of the palm of her hands and Janelle and Kody had a sister-brother relationship.  Which left Christine.  She saw her as her only competition.  Janelle has made it perfectly clear that she can't stand Robyn and doesn't have any use for her, and yet, Kody has never said anything to her.  Bottom line, when Christine didn’t kiss Robyn’s ass or bowed down to her sufficiently, she would report her to Kody.  Voicing any concerns about Robyn and what it was doing to his other relationships was, to Kody, complaining about and mistreating Robyn.  

I hope people will forgive my ignorance as I said in my other post I am watching season 12 now trying to catch up.  I like the idea of Robyn being a master manipulator.  I'm not clear on her objective--to have Kody all to herself (more of a punishment than a reward but okay) then why complain that Christine would leave?  So she can play the victim and get attention and sympathy?  This does seem to work with Kody.  Meri seems to me still smitten with Kody so it makes sense that Meri would try to win favor with Kody by trying to align with his favorite wife. 

To me Janelle seems a lot more reserved maybe.  Quieter or less confrontational maybe.  Christine seems a lot more open in the way she communicates.  So I think it might have been more obvious or out in the open when Christine and Robyn weren't getting along than when Janelle wasn't thrilled with her?

Kody to me doesn't seem to care about any of his wives except for Robyn.  He seems quite narcissistic to me yes.  The whole Oh Polygamy is Wonderful nonsense he was espousing in the early seasons to me seemed part of his narcissistic image.  He was "special" because he was this "great" head of this "successful" plural family.  And he was on this divine mission to educate the unruly masses (yes you and me folks) about the wonderful world of polygamy.  With Christine leaving this completely shatters this idealized image he was desperately trying to uphold.  When Christine announced she was actually leaving he exploded with narcissistic rage.  I wonder how Kody would react if Meri were to actually leave.  He constantly devalues her saying go ahead and leave he doesn't consider them married anyway etc.  But I suspect Kody knows Meri is still too enamored with him to actually go. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 13

WORST. EXIT. INTERVIEW. EVER.

I actually gasped this episode when Kody said about Ariella, and I quote: "She is a little girl that I am actually very proud of." Maybe he didn't mean it to come off this way, but given that I doubt that he is around or participates much with the other 2 non-Robyn kids of tender age, Savannah and Truly, my heart broke for them.  He hadn't even bothered to go over and see Truly after being away for weeks in NC. What a shit stain of a male (not man, male).  Speaking of, just for shits and giggles:

4cdnpzuc1uz91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

So I guess the consensus is that "The sacrifices I made to love you ... wasted!" isn't the 2022 version of "You complete me" from the the Jerry Maguire movie. Noted!

How Robyn came away from that meeting not bloodied and bruised is a testament to Christine's therapist, self-help books and inner-core of loveliness. Because me? I would've dog walked that bitch!

Pardon my rant but how TF is Robyn gonna ask about future friendship? Didn't she just sit there and call Christine a liar? But more importantly, if they don't have a relationship after 10 years of sharing the same dick, living in the same cul-de-sac or just miles away from each other then why in the every loving hell would you have one once Christine left and moved out of state?!?! That was more a manipulation tactic meant to set Kody off and it worked. 

On 11/14/2022 at 4:28 AM, Joan of Argh said:

Meri bit off her nose to spite her face when she brought in Robyn, it didn’t make Kody love her and now she’s lost him to Robyn completely.

“Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!” 

No Meri fan, but I believe it was no more her idea to bring in Robyn than it was her idea to divorce Kody and let Robyn be the only legal wife. 

On 11/14/2022 at 9:12 AM, JayDub1987 said:

Quick question: now that Christine has cut these raging lunatics out of her life, who will Robyn pretend to cry about.

Oh don't worry about that. Christine leaving is the new 'catfish' but with more mileage.  They will be dining on this for the foreseeable future.

4 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

In my opinion, the reason Robyn kept asking about their future relationships was because she wants to reinforce her narrative that Christine is unkind to her.  Robyn continues to try to paint a picture of herself as a victim to get viewers on her side, as well as to manipulate Kody.  Kody was attempting to hold it together until he perceived Robyn being disregarded and hurt by Christine again (his view) and then completely lost it.  

This!

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, eskimo said:

Or an eagle, falcon, or some other bird of prey that could rip Kody to shreds.  Oh wait, we're talking about Meri, aren't we?

Hopefully a Turkey Vulture

3 hours ago, Absolom said:

My initial feeling was that I was watching a scripted, rehearsed scene.  Ari's overly dramatic and fully acted out dialog is not the normal response of a kid who has just come home from kindergarten.  Robyn probably thinks it's cute and makes her daughter seem smarter to be dramatic.  I've seen a few parents who encourage their kids to be "different" so they stand out  

I expect nothing is allowed to just be what it is in that house  I remember Aurora and Brianna so dramatically over emoting and clinging to Kody like limpets.  Three out of three daughters don't do that on their own.  One future llama drama kid might do that and think it's fun.  But for all three this is something they are taught and encouraged if not forced to do.  

My granddaughter could and canput on an act like Ari, but she well knows it's an act and it is only pulled out for fun or to torment her parents or her brother.

No offense to precocious kids but, they suck

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, procrasstinator said:

I am currently watching through all the seasons (catching up).  I just finished season 11 (watching the current season at the same time).  And it is in season 10?  or 11? where Christine apologizes to Robyn for taking out her frustrations with Kody on Robyn.  And in the early seasons where Christine was surprised she was feeling jealous when Robyn first joined the family there was another scene where Christine was saying she was going to make an effort to be more welcoming and develop a sister-wife relationship with Robyn.  Having said that they all kind of treat each other badly except for Christine and Janelle. 

Thanks.  I’ll have to review that when I get a chance.  

I agree about that horrible comment about Ariella being a child that he is actually proud of. WTH?  That’s just plain cruel.  Even crazy dad’s who are scatterbrained are still loved and adored by their kids. The kids love their dad no matter how insensitive they are, but they shouldn’t have to hear that.  Plus, it causes the siblings to resent each other.  No good. 🤬

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 13
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

I actually gasped this episode when Kody said about Ariella, and I quote: "She is a little girl that I am actually very proud of." Maybe he didn't mean it to come off this way, but given that I doubt that he is around or participates much with the other 2 non-Robyn kids of tender age, Savannah and Truly, my heart broke for them.  He hadn't even bothered to go over and see Truly after being away for weeks in NC. What a shit stain of a male (not man, male).  Speaking of, just for shits and giggles:

So I guess the consensus is that "The sacrifices I made to love you ... wasted!" isn't the 2022 version of "You complete me" from the the Jerry Maguire movie. Noted!

How Robyn came away from that meeting not bloodied and bruised is a testament to Christine's therapist, self-help books and inner-core of loveliness. Because me? I would've dog walked that bitch!

Pardon my rant but how TF is Robyn gonna ask about future friendship? Didn't she just sit there and call Christine a liar? But more importantly, if they don't have a relationship after 10 years of sharing the same dick, living in the same cul-de-sac or just miles away from each other then why in the every loving hell would you have one once Christine left and moved out of state?!?! That was more a manipulation tactic meant to set Kody off and it worked. 

No Meri fan, but I believe it was no more her idea to bring in Robyn than it was her idea to divorce Kody and let Robyn be the only legal wife. 

Oh don't worry about that. Christine leaving is the new 'catfish' but with more mileage.  They will be dining on this for the foreseeable future.

This!

What is that scalp situation going on in that photo?  I can’t figure it out.  A bald strip?

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Thanks.  I’ll have to review that when I get a chance.  

I agree about that horrible comment about Ariella being a child that he is actually proud of. WTH?  That’s just plain cruel.  Even crazy dad’s who are scatterbrained are still loved and adored by their kids. The kids love their dad no matter how insensitive they are, but they shouldn’t have to hear that.  Plus, it causes the siblings to resent each other.  No good. 🤬

Well, Kootie made a HUGE dill in an earlier episode about Aerosol being "his little princess," or some such twaddle.  Meanwhile, Truely is sitting right there, hearing this.

What a shit father.  He keeps it up, saying how proud he is of Ari.  She's going to be a narcissistic little bitch, just like her older sisters.  Living in a mansion, entitled, and all that goes with that.  😠

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9

With all the sacrifices Kody made to love Christine (gag), why is her leaving like a knife to the kidneys and not a knife to the heart?

He has a poor understanding of metaphor and/or human anatomy?

Well, Kootie made a HUGE dill in an earlier episode about Aerosol being "his little princess," or some such twaddle.  Meanwhile, Truely is sitting right there, hearing this.

He gave a ridiculous speech during her birthday party about how he calls her "his sweetie" because she is just so sweet.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't think that Robyn wants any of the sister wives raising her kids or even spending much time with them (despite her saying otherwise). I think she has very specific ideas about how her children will be raised and she likes having hired help, because then she is the boss and they do as she says or they are fired. Plus I think she likes the perceived cache of having a "staff." 

I think part of Robyn's reticence in giving over her children is because she is afraid they might like the Other Mother more. 

I say this because I see a lot of my mother in her. She left my dad and after visitation night or vacations, she grilled us like we were in court. It was creepy. As I got older I realized how insecure, therefore jealous she is of anyone or anything that takes attention from her. It's why she micromanages. 

I feel so sorry for her kids. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I think part of Robyn's reticence in giving over her children is because she is afraid they might like the Other Mother more. 

I say this because I see a lot of my mother in her. She left my dad and after visitation night or vacations, she grilled us like we were in court. It was creepy. As I got older I realized how insecure, therefore jealous she is of anyone or anything that takes attention from her. It's why she micromanages. 

I feel so sorry for her kids. 

I think she’s afraid they would mistreat or try to manipulate her children, because that’s exactly what she would do in that situation. Or that the kids would spill tea or leak how much time Robin and kody spend together sneaking around prior to the official courtship. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

I dated a narc for years, and I recognized so much of my ex in this gaslighting, bloviating windbag.

You and me both sister. In my case it was a string of narcs for 10 years. The worst part about it for me personally is the number of people who just don’t understand what I went through because they didn’t have the same experience with these people. It was and still is so isolating and absolutely infuriating. It took a lot of self reflection and work to make up my mind that I was no longer a victim, and that’s when in my mind I became a survivor.

Kody’s behavior is so triggering at times and this particular episode made me want to light his hair on fire and blow him out of a cannon.

• Hugs 13
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Anhourofmylife said:

I wonder if this family is an embarrassment to the people of Flagstaff.

Naaa.  Flag is a rather big town, has TONS of beauty surrounding it and I'll bet the citizens just snigger to themselves and think "Oy. What a bunch of nutjobs!"

On 11/14/2022 at 3:19 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Let's not forget that Meri's hair looks like it was styled with a WeedWhacker!  

And that rather unsightly off colored front tooth doesn't help either.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
On 11/13/2022 at 8:05 PM, whydoievencare said:

Meri has her head so far up Robyn's and Kody's asses that I don't know if she could ever disengage herself.

I think she keeps her head up Robyn's ass in hopes Kody will notice and feel some fondness for her if she sucks up to his favorite wife.

(Narrator voice: He will not notice and feel some fondness for her, no matter what she does.)

On 11/13/2022 at 8:05 PM, whydoievencare said:

A few weeks ago Kody was saying he didn't consider himself married to Meri but is looking at her as an ally now?

He all but admitted he knew how to push Meri's buttons and was hoping he could manipulate her into criticizing Christine at the meeting.

He is such an asshole.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, kassa said:

I suspect that in their culture anything other than total fawning over the favorite wife is considered insubordination/bad wife-ing/"treating her like dirt." Robyn wants the best house and you don't want to give her ___% more of the family pot for it? Robyn wants to move and you don't immediate start packing?  Robyn wants the best lot and you can't immediately agree to take the worst one? How dare you treat her that way!

Picture the annoying person at work who wants to be your friend despite the fact that you have nothing really to say to each other and they're dragging down the company, despite being the boss's favorite. Now picture the boss is your husband AND he's sleeping with her. AND you're 50 weeks pregnant in a high risk pregnancy and instead of keeping watch in those final days with you awaiting what will likely be your last child together, he's off on a date with his mistress (I remember how scandalized the other wives were that this relationship was out of bounds in terms of their cultural norms).  

The absolute very least an actual "family man" would do is temporarily center his attention on the one of his already existing wives about to give birth to his child, whatever his relationship with her at the time, or his prospect of the next one. Geez, out of manners if not character!

Christine was well trained in the faith, so she saw her jealousy as a personal character flaw, while struggling to welcome the new woman into their inner circle (postpartum!) Whatever the waxing/waning status of their relationship over the years, Kody probably was very entranced by each new baby, and the arrival of Robyn took even that anticipated scrap of his attention/bond away from her. 

I don't know if Christine was outwardly rude or mean to Robyn. I do think it's entirely possible that turning down any invitation or overture Robyn issued would be seen as being difficult and resentful, even if it were something as petty as "come over here and see my new bedroom set!" while she was trying to nurse a colicky baby and wrangle squabbling teens.

You know, on reflection, I can't think of a time in my life when I intentionally treated anybody like crap, if it's defined as behavior directed at them with the intention of making them feel bad.  Is gossip treating somebody like crap? How about venting? I've certainly done that - as you say, it's human nature. There's no more natural a subject of conversation than the people around us. 

I think what it ultimately comes down to in this family is "is an inability/unwillingness to become the new best friend to the new sister wife" a sin? It may well be in their faith. Is it treating somebody like crap to not reciprocate friendship offered? What if you feel the offer is not in good faith? 

Being careless or graceless in the face of overtures from another person isn't the same as intentionally treating somebody like crap, and I assume that's the distinction Christine is making. Especially when the original sin in the Christine/Robyn relationship was carrying on with Kody as Christine was ready to deliver. You make sure your employee or coworker gets to be home as much as possible the week their child is due -- you want to enter a family on good terms with his other wives and you can't skip a couple of dates with your shared spouse?!

If indeed Christine was mean to Robyn about her potato salad recipe, or the way one of her polyester blouses made her look, so be it. I suspect her crimes, however, were far more subtle.

Stands and claps!! BRAVO!!  Very astute observations!!

• Like 4
  • Love 2
On 11/13/2022 at 8:58 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I really do like Christine, but I was a little surprised at her response to Kody saying she treated certain people poorly.  She wasn’t taken aback at all.  She actually kinda admitted it, but said it wasn’t on purpose.

Or she's heard that before, and she just wasn't going to bother to argue with him.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Y'all, I swear this was going to be short. It was. But I was so consumed by rage, I could not shut up.

I dated a narc for years, and I recognized so much of my ex in this gaslighting, bloviating windbag.

I just cannot. And Christine can't either, which is great.

Hide contents

Previously on “Sister” “Wives”: Kody complained about not being close with his kids…and then turned down the opportunity to accompany Ysabel on her move. Meri made a stupid video and admitted she didn’t feel like she mattered. Christine acted like a rational person. Kody was mad about Christine, whom he doesn’t love, leaving him. She’s a big meaniepants for refusing to be miserable forever. Robyn made up some BS about Christine still being married until she bangs another man. I laughed. Out loud. Meanly.

Okay, so…this is the infamous “knife in the kidneys” episode. I’m sure I’m going to tell Kody to STFU a lot, so I’ll be keeping a count. Let’s call it STFUK.

I’ll start. STFUK: 1 (for his general dickishness)

Christine is telling the fambly she’s fucking leaving. She’s being rational and reasonable, explaining that she wouldn’t wish her relationship with Kody on anyone. Christine reminds Kody that he gaslit her about moving back to Utah.  Janelle can process human emotions. Kody accuses Christine, whom Kody has admitted was the nucleus of the fambly (and who spent 25 years of her life doing nothing but propping up this shitshow) of being about the man, not the fambly. Janelle calls him on it in a talking head (tell him in real life, Janelle), saying flat-out that Christine was all about the fambly.

Christine, paraphrased: “I was all about the fambly, fucker.”

STFUK: 2

Robyn, about Kody berating Christine: “At least they’re talking.”

STFUR: 1

Janelle has no idea who this patriarchal douchebag is. I recognize him just fine. Unfortunately.

Christine: “I’m tired of being heartbroken.”

Kody: “That’s because you’re all about you.”

Me: “What the fuck?”

STFUK: 3

Kody blathers on about everything he’s done for Christine. No word on what he’s done for Christine. Kody blames Christine for his bad relationships with his adult kids, and not because his kids know exactly who he is and hate him for it.

STFUK: 4

Kody actually says (I’m not making this up) that he held Christine’s hand and kissed her because it was his duty as a husband, and not because he loved her, and he is still shocked and angry she’s leaving. You can’t make this shit up, y’all.

STFUK: 5

Kody smiles at Meri for the first time in months in order to manipulate her into insulting Christine. He all but says it.

STFUK: 6

Kody is not only upset about Kody being rejected, but abut Robyn being rejected. Poor, sweet Robyn came to the fambly, “cap in hand,” (bills in hand, IIRC) and only asked to be accepted.

STFUK: 7

No one has knifed Kody in the kidney yet. Frankly, I’m shocked at their restraint.

Robyn has never been interested in having a relationship with Christine nor with Christine having one with her kids, but she’s very worried now about whether those relationships are possible. She is not fucking kidding.

STFUR: 2

Christine (paraphrased): “I’m close with Janelle and no one else. So fuck off.”

Meri is suddenly upset about a lack of a relationship with Christine?! She’s not kidding either!

Kody stands up, red-faced and furious, ranting like he's auditioning for a dinner theatre production of "Hamlet," to yell at Christine about how she refused to try to have a relationship with the other “wives.” Christine points out that that’s not true, but remains otherwise calm, probably because Kody is shrieking like an asshole and she knows he won't listen anyway. He admits that Christine was “all about the kids,” about five minutes after he claimed she’d never cared about the fambly.

She has, you guessed it, stuck a knife in Kody’s kidney.

STFUK: 8

Kody: “Marriage is a call to be better than you are.”

Me: “Is that what ‘better’ looks like to you?”

Kody says he’s trying to find a silver lining to Christine’s leaving. I thought he was furious at her for being a horrible person who never cared about the fambly, but he’s bereft at her leaving? You’d think he’d be glad to be rid of her.

Kody: “She’s going to tell my kids I never loved her.”

Me: “You just said you never loved her! Do you understand that we can hear you, you SOB?”

STFUK: 9

Kody whines about how Janelle’s been mean to him, too. She’s been way too nice to the Wicked Queen Christine, whereas poor put-upon Kody suffers so. Meri’s glad Kody yelled at Christine. She loves triangulation. Anything to make herself look better in Kody’s eyes. Give it up, Meri. That man does not want you. She’ll let Robyn fake sob in her arms later.

Christine: “I don’t regret leaving at all.”

Me: “Gee, I can’t imagine why. Who would want to get away from being berated and demeaned? I can’t fathom it.”

There’s some more shit with Kody whining about Janelle, but I don’t care (and Janelle doesn’t either).

STFUK: 10

Kody’s trying to move on the best he can. Glad to see he’s forging on with only one kidney.

Grey Lady!!  YOU ROCK!!!! Why'd you hide all those really smart observations?? This ain't yahoo!!  Keep it up!

Edited by goofygirl
  • Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

This!

Hahaha, saw that picture on twitter  you beat me to posting it!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1