Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E19: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

I have asked dozens of men through the years their opinion on bangs, without exception they all said they hated them. Every single man I ever asked. At first I was casually asking but was interested by the universal opinion that I have been running my own little experiment. The only variation is some men, not many say very long side swept bangs are okay but they all hate bangs that are shorter than the cheek bone. I just thought in relation to Heather's new haircut and Terry's response some of you might find that interesting.

I think your onto something here. Tamra told Heather she didn't think Terry would like the bangs and Eddie hated it whenTamra had bangs. Maybe men hate them because those heavy straight across type bangs look too childlike?

• Love 1

I hope that they feature a lot of Vicki and Shannon in the unseen footage and next season. Those two seem like a natural comedy team. They seem to have some goofy harmless fun. This franchise needs a lot more of that. 

Less Tamara and Heather. More fun.

THIS!!! THIS!!! THIS!!!

Yes I know I'm shouting!

Bring Vicki and Shannon back along with Lydia and even Alexis. I'm tired of the rest of them.

• Love 8

I have asked dozens of men through the years their opinion on bangs, without exception they all said they hated them. Every single man I ever asked. At first I was casually asking but was interested by the universal opinion that I have been running my own little experiment. The only variation is some men, not many say very long side swept bangs are okay but they all hate bangs that are shorter than the cheek bone. I just thought in relation to Heather's new haircut and Terry's response some of you might find that interesting.

Yes, and we all know that women only get haircuts to please the menz, and not themselves.  I had bangs cut in last summer, in fact my hair cut was much like Heather's except with long layers.  I was bored with my current 'do, and I had seen plenty of celebs with bangs, so they were "in" (I am always at least a trend behind).  They looked fabulous, and I received plenty of compliments, even from the menz! Imagine that!  That being said, Heather's bangs age her, and is not a good look for her (imo) because of that reason. 

I'm in the minority but I think Vicks looks fab in that red dress and her haircut flatters her so well.  Thanks to the poster that provided the link to her house.  Her house is to die for.  I was surprised that the HOA's were so low on a house that price.  I live in a townhouse, with no backyard kitchen or grotto (really no backyard at all) and a community pool, and my HOA's are a little more than half of that amount.  

Also, in the minority again but I think Shannon's haircut is not flattering either.  It's like a young, hairband groupie hair cut on a woman's Shannon's age whose face shows it.  

Bring on the reunion!

• Love 7

Yes, and we all know that women only get haircuts to please the menz, and not themselves.  I had bangs cut in last summer, in fact my hair cut was much like Heather's except with long layers.  I was bored with my current 'do, and I had seen plenty of celebs with bangs, so they were "in" (I am always at least a trend behind).  They looked fabulous, and I received plenty of compliments, even from the menz! Imagine that!  That being said, Heather's bangs age her, and is not a good look for her (imo) because of that reason. 

There are bangs and then there are BANGS! For many many years I had thin wispy bangs and it looked great. I never had a problem getting a man, either!  I decided to let them grow out over the past 6 mos and while the process is a pain in the ass I must say I like the look. I think when men say they hate bangs, they are referring to Heather's type of bangs, which are very severe, too thick and straight across.  I also think that many women are too lazy to keep bangs trimmed every couple of weeks so they let them grow out. Not all women look good without bangs, either. Especially if you have a large forehead or a wrinkled one. In that case bangs are a godsend. 

Ok, enough bang talk from me to last another century or so.

• Love 6

Yes, and we all know that women only get haircuts to please the menz, and not themselves.  

I can only imagine how woman would wear their hair and dress if we went by what men think they like to see on a woman. Since most of them say they like long hair and big boobs we would all be walking around with lank lifeless long hair like Tamra and big old frightening jugs exposed to the unwilling masses on every occasion like Vicki. I could be wrong, but I have always thought that both of their biggest issues stemmed from the fact that their every move, outfit, and desire is built around making men happy, as they both seem to be incapable of being alone. IMO this is what makes them the most pathetic.

Having said that, Heather's bangs look horrible on her. I assume she agrees as in most every picture I have seen since the reunion she has them clipped on top or to the side. As bad as they look on her, I give her props for actually taking a risk and trying something new. I am a gal who stuns the folks at my salon. I am up for pretty much anything, because hair grows, can be colored, etc. Nothing really scares me with regard to my hair, as the last thing I want to do is be caught in a time warp. I have made some unfortunate mistakes, but nothing that cannot be fixed with time, color, scissors, and money.

• Love 11

I'm in the minority but I think Vicks looks fab in that red dress and her haircut flatters her so well.  Thanks to the poster that provided the link to her house.  Her house is to die for.  I was surprised that the HOA's were so low on a house that price.  I live in a townhouse, with no backyard kitchen or grotto (really no backyard at all) and a community pool, and my HOA's are a little more than half of that amount.  

Also, in the minority again but I think Shannon's haircut is not flattering either.  It's like a young, hairband groupie hair cut on a woman's Shannon's age whose face shows it.  

Bring on the reunion!

Did I say that? It was just an observation. You are free to cut your hair however you may like. If you don't care if men like your hair, more power to you,  you shouldn't. That wasn't the point. I just found the universal dislike interesting.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 1

No more Brooks. The second he came on my TV screen and opened his mouth I was done. He makes my skin crawl. He is the creepy uncle that asks you to sit on his lap and strokes your hair. SHIVER!!!! Brooks talking about affirmations and giving the "evil eye" is insane. Is Vicki so starved for attention that she allows this sycophant to come between her and her daughter? 

• Love 7

No more Brooks. The second he came on my TV screen and opened his mouth I was done. He makes my skin crawl. He is the creepy uncle that asks you to sit on his lap and strokes your hair. SHIVER!!!! Brooks talking about affirmations and giving the "evil eye" is insane. Is Vicki so starved for attention that she allows this sycophant to come between her and her daughter?

Yes.

• Love 2

I like Heather's hair, it's so healthy and shiny.

Vicki's face looks really good tonight. She almost looks like she's had some work done around her mouth, dental work or something, I can't put my finger on it.

Shannon looks really pretty tonight.

Tamra just looks bad and old. Really old. She's not aging well.

• Love 5

From what I saw Heather is being the most out of line butch ever continuing to call Shannon unstable. It's hard to tell what she's saying exactly but it looks nasty. On the other hand, there is something about Shannon I don't trust. She's always rubbed me the wrong way. Intentionally or unintentionally, I do think she plays up her emotional fragility to manipulate situations.

Wow, from reading just this thread alone, I thought I was the only one who noticed Shannon's actual behavior.  She's a gifted manipulator, seemingly has many fooled. 

• Love 5

Shannon is so much more well brought up that the rest of this gang. She's the type of lady and has the class that Heather tries too hard to be and exude but fails with a strong odor of falseness.

*DING DING DING* And THAT is why the Dubrows are so out to up the Bedors.

• Love 12

Whoever did the lighting for this reunion did no one any favors they all look like they're wax dolls - bad wigs, half frozen, half melting faces, way too much sparkle and shimmer for anyone over 25.

Vicki's face does look much more settled and natural, until she turns sideways, then you can tell she has implants and buckets of botox. Heather's neck and jaw look saggy compared to the rest of her, and her bony shoulder sockets just look painful. The hair looks like a wig, too. I don't mind Tamra or Shannon's looks, but Lizzie looks like a drag queen. Terry looks like he has horns coming out of his pointy eyebrows. David and Andy look good. 

• Love 7

Hey Dubrows, take some lessons from a lowly but classy nobody courtesy clerk.

Number one, you do NOT act like an arse in front of a working camera then act innocent.

Calling a three year old a bitch is NOT acceptable. If Coco does not know how to act, it is from you and your wife not teaching her.

Your wife and yourself care about fufilling your lust for money and adulation then anything else.

• Love 7

I think Terry should yell at whoever did his facelift! Ouch!

Heather and Terry trying to redeem themselves- sorry not working. Own your snottiness. I love how Heather think a her apologizing once is enough, yet not enough when Shannon did that more than once because Heather wouldn't let things go. Terry is going to pop that vein for her this year.

Shannon was letting Heather sink herself - love it!

It can't be said enough - Shut up Tamra! Don't see Eddie sitting by you. Such a shit-stirriner. She said David is a flirt about 20 times with a smirk each time because she knew it was bugging Shannon.

• Love 11

The DuBrow's were back pedaling so hard I think they probably met Eddie somewhere along the way of the downward hill.

Holy crap, I have to give awards of some sort ot everyone for keeping a straight face after hearing Terry's claim to not have been able to sleep for a month after hearing David's comment but actually hearing Eddie's comment but having no issue with it.

I can't say enough how much I loved Tamra getting called out on her shit.

• Love 15

Wow! Even a construction guy could see that Terry's rationalization of his hypocrisy at being angry at David while being cool with Eddie makes no sense.

The Dubrows finished this season thinking they were winning. As it aired they thought they could salvage it with some insincere apologies and bizarre rationalizations, but they can't because their smug self-satisfied superiority always shines through.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 16

She said David is a flirt about 20 times with a smirk each time because she knew it was bugging Shannon.

THIS! I am not a violent person, but I wish someone would have slapped that smirk off her face.

Vicki and Lizzie have some unfortunate dresses on.

• Love 12

Vicki and Lizzie have some unfortunate dresses on.

The boobs!!! Poor things looked uncomfortable! I didn't mind the color on Vicki but no no to the design.

Exactly....I was reminded of a cheap variety store Halloween costume-y Cleopatra wig....

YES!!! I knew it looked off! Not as shiny smooth as her hair normally is either.

• Love 2

I loved how Shannon handled herself so well, but by the end of this ep, it appeared she was begining to get aggrevated with their antics.

I think you would have to be pretty much a saint to put up with some of this b.s.

I loved it when Heather was describing chair-gate and backtracked on what Shannon supposedly did at Javier's, and apologized, sort of.  She still had to add in that Shannon had a "Shannon  moment" and punctuated that comment with a squirrely eye.  And when she did that, Shannon raised her arms and waived them around and said, "Is that this?"  LOL!

So Heather doesn't apologize to Shannon at any time during the season, and then apologizes at the reunion, but ruins the sincerity of the apology by trying to justify her actions by saying, "In my mind, was it a bigger event than it was?  Yes."  Yeah Heather, you certainly PERCEIVED the situation quite wrongly.  But it was worse than just bad perception Heather; you repeated and over exaggertated both the situations at Javier's and at Shannon's Christmas party over and over and over again.  ALL. SEASON. LONG.  You need to quit with the silly rationalizations and just admit you were wrong, add that you should not have taken so long to apologize, and then leave it at that.

May I add a pet peeve of mine?  Do these women not know the difference between an adverb and an adjective?

The boobs!!! Poor things looked uncomfortable! I didn't mind the color on Vicki but no no to the design.

YES!!! I knew it looked off! Not as shiny smooth as her hair normally is either.

The dress Lizzie had on while she was getting styled for the reunion looked a lot better.

Edited by Lyra Angelica
  • Love 8

I think Heather had her bangs cut to cover the "I'm with stupid" (along with arrows pointing at both Terry & Tamra) that was written on her forehead.

Also hiding the "x" that marks the spot for herself. ;)

• Love 3

That's because Eddie's a friend, so their children and Terry's mother aren't bothered.

Eddie:Heather, ride it like you ride Terry!

Dubrow kids: Ewwwwwww!

Mama Dubrow: That's very inappropriate.

Terry: That guy intimating things about my sex life with Heather is a friend so it's cool.

Kids and mom: Ohhhhhh, it makes perfect sense. Otherwise it would have been completely inappropriate and deserving of an apology.

• Love 15

Congratulations to the Beadors for once again winning the episode.

Note to Heather and Terry - just because you perceived something a certain way doesn't excuse you from being responsible for your actions.  In other words, you were wrong.  Own up to it.

Heather - stop playing with semantics.  You say you told Shanon to leave.  You told someone (I forget who) at Llizzie's party you kicked Shanon out of your house.  You just make yourself look immature and ridiculous just like your husband, with him claiming to lose two months of sleep over David's comment but what Eddie said was ok because he was a friend.   The difference between the Beadors' and the DuBrows' is that the Beadors' can recognize when they're wrong and take responsibility for it.  The DuBrows' can't.  They have to 'win' and that makes them losers.

• Love 23

Often bangs are cut to hide stuff. Wrinkles, inopportune zits, unfortunate Botox accidents...

I've had bangs for a very long time....and yes, it is because I hate my forehead, and also, I have a few wrinkles and won't do botox because I don't want to look like I'm constantly being surprised....

• Love 4

Holy crap, I have to give awards of some sort ot everyone for keeping a straight face after hearing Terry's claim to not have been able to sleep for a month after hearing David's comment but actually hearing Eddie's comment but having no issue with it.

I can't say enough how much I loved Tamra getting called out on her shit.

Two months! Pffffft.... Sorry to quote the whole post but I am on the iPad and it's a pain to edit.

Lizzie looks so much better with less makeup (in the clip of them getting ready).

Tamra's beady rat eyes are getting smaller and smaller.

The problem with Heather's bangs is that they are curled. And the haircut is too blunt. The cut itself may have been better if it were angled. It 's just too harsh for her.

Is Vicks serious about buying Ondele's? (Probably misspelled, sorry)

I still don't like Shannon Beador. I think she really is batshit.

• Love 1

How painfully awkward but funny to hear Vicki telling Andy how to know if a man is gay. Oh if only Andy'd followed up by asking her how to identify a Jew. *sigh*

Edited by Gumby
  • Love 10

Now, Vicki needs to work on her wardrobe. No woman in her 50's should be showing her titties like that, I don't care how good of a boob job you have.

I don't know I thought Vicki looked nice.  The dress could have fit better in the top so the boobs weren't so smashed looking.  Being in your 50's doesn't mean you have to be conservative.  It's better than a lot of stuff she wears. 

Tamra looks awful!  The long fried hair looks so outdated on her.  She needs a new, shorter style.  As someone else said Tamra's face has frozen into the nastiest face.  If she relaxed her face it would take ten years off.  When she shrieked at Vicki about Brooks it was just weird.  Tamra reminds me of an animal backed into a corner. She's fighting for her life at this point.

Brooks is all kinds of creepy.  That said, Vicki is a grown woman earning her own living.  If she wants to date him that's her choice. If she were a friend of mine, I'd just keep my mouth shut and be polite to Brooks.  It's her life.  At a certain point Brianna needs to accept it.  She doesn't have to like him or be around him, but stay out of her mother's love life.

Miss Terry lost 2 months sleep over the "spread your legs comment"? Good grief.  What a drama queen.  Lots of alcohol, a mechanical bull, Heather riding the bull in a dress.  That's asking for comments. I like Vicki saying it was a joke and get over it.  Terry worrying about his 80 year old mother.  I know a few 80 year old women who would have been doing shots of tequila and lauging at the comment.  Grow up Terry and get over yourselves. 

• Love 12

THIS!!! THIS!!! THIS!!!

Yes I know I'm shouting!

Bring Vicki and Shannon back along with Lydia and even Alexis. I'm tired of the rest of them.

it's true.  Vickie and Shannon are like the Lucy and Ethel of RHOC.  (Look it up, millenials!)

• Love 10

In Heather's blog she claimed that she will tell her side of the story and we will understand where she's coming from. All I heard was she was mad at Shannon for bonding with Vicki & Tamra. She apologizes for attacking Shannon months after the fact because of viewer backlash. There wasn't anything sincere about her comments imo. Then Miss Terry is going to sit on the couch and say he didn't sleep for two months because of David's comments about bull riding? Are you fucking kidding me? That's the best they could come up with? These two educated condescending people are being tortured by a "construction person's holla back" words? Amazing.

I felt Shannon held her own very well for a Rookie. She's not the emotional pushover they thought she was. Although Terry & Tamra tried to get her upset bringing up David's "flirting" with Vicki. They're such horrible people. Trying to divide and conquer touching on her insecurity.

Tamra's bitterness has settled onto her face.

exactly, why didn't Terry have the nads to say something during those two months?  sorry, I should use the medical term:  balls.  

• Love 9