Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E21: Not My Sister's Keeper

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, Taylor2023 said:

Am I the only one that has the hots for Mauricio?   He's one of those men that looks better the older he gets.   More distinguished.

No you're not. Mauricio's widely considered one of the hottest Housewife husbands, if not the hottest. Kyle also made a comment that when she first got with Mauricio, she saw him as a nice Jewish boy, and that he became more attractive the older he got. He was always cute, but kind of the awkward skinny guy when he was young. He's aged like fine wine. 

8-days-of-mauricio-08.jpg?itok=_s1uVS_I

realhousewivesofbeverlyhillsseason2galle

Mauricio-Umansky_1500x2250px-1068x1602.j

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 10/6/2022 at 5:36 AM, QQQQ said:

I'm not sure I understood the publicist angle. Is Kathy (via Kyle) saying that her daughter's publicist -- who is also Erika's publicist -- is the person responsible for leaking stories to the press? Do Kathy and Nicky not get along? Ratting out your client's uber wealthy/powerful mom seems like an incredibly short-sighted and dangerous move.

It's illogical and improbable.   And it's probably just Rinna leaking to the media like she has done in the past.   I seem to recall an episode where Rinna even mentioned something about it......right before LVP and Kyle's friendship went down the toilet.

• Love 1
On 10/6/2022 at 10:20 AM, truthaboutluv said:

For all her messiness and that includes that ridiculous "I would get cancer if I didn't talk about this supposed evil thing Kathy supposedly did", for me the most pathetic thing about Rinna in last night's episode, was that outfit she wore to Kyle's event. 

The outfit itself was ridiculous but what made it especially pathetic is that after trying to remember where I'd seen something similar, it came to me that Kim Kardashian was papped wearing the exact same look. From the color, the boots, etc. Rinna's desperation and thirst to be in the Kardashian circle has reached sad levels. 

Rinna is a severely unhappy person....and yes, misery does apparently love company, judging by how Rinna loves to spread that misery around.   Her jealousy and envy of the other housewives is palpable, if not painful to observe.   Had to laugh at her comment about Kathy re: "I hope she gets the help she needs".   Pure projection on Rinna's part.

On 10/6/2022 at 11:27 AM, suzeecat said:

Was anybody else as traumatized as I was at Garcelle's mis-matched plaid - thing???  I was too distracted trying to find ONE seam that matched, but came up empty-handed.

And then, green lipstick??? 

Quite honestly, it made her rear end look huge.   Somebody should have advised her against that plaid outfit.   She usually looks pretty good though, so one slip up on occasion is allowed.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 10/6/2022 at 2:49 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

that only covers slander  ... it doesnt cover if the stuff being said is true ... yes they could be taken to court but if they have evidence of truthfulness that isn't Slander (like Lisa is attempting with the I have PTSD) a judge would rule against Kathy.. just throwing that out there

Right.  And had Rinna taped the meltdown, the cease and desist would be useless.  But rinna didn’t do that, and we can only assume she wasn’t THAT upset in the moment.  I don’t buy she locked herself in her room.

I find it incredibly sad that Kyle is afraid her family won’t come to her daughter’s wedding.  That her family was disinvited kyle’s family from nicki’s wedding is also very sad.  Both speak to long term dysfunction in that family.  All the sisters need major therapy.

that rinna and Erika feel free to potentially make that worse for their “friend” is despicable.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
On 10/6/2022 at 11:45 AM, Blondie said:

Rinna so carelessly tossing abound PTSD and cancer is heinous!  She should be fired for that alone.  Then add the bullying, vicious embellishment to take others down is disgusting!  

I really feel that she is behind puppy gate and now the Kathy leak.  And it wouldn't surprise me if she caused a lot of trouble between Kyle and LVP in order to break them up.  After all, it sounds like she's did it with Kim and tried with Kathy.  Emotional abuse.

Do you suppose she's manipulating Erika now?  Wouldn't surprise me.

How the producers and advertisers can excuse this is beyond shameful.  She should be cancelled!

Why do the other ladies put up with this?

She's the reason I don't watch this show anymore.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one thinking (or knowing in my gut) that Rinna was behind the "puppygate" fiasco of breaking up Kyle and LVP's friendship.   It's how Rinna rolls.   She's miserable and wants everyone else to be, also.   It's really pathetic and I should feel sorry for Rinna.....but I just can't seem to force myself to.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
On 10/6/2022 at 12:15 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

There is nothing wrong with renting clothes, it is a sustainable way to stay current with styles...my daughter uses Rent the Runway for a lot of weddings and parties she is invited to, she lives in Miami and wants to look current and always looks cute,  the only issue we have with Rinna is she is ugly on the inside so nothing looks good on her outside.

Exactly.   It's not that she has to rent the clothes....it's that it's pot-stirring, trouble-making Rinna.  I almost feel sorry for her.

• Love 2
On 10/6/2022 at 6:51 PM, chlban said:

"You are the biggest bully in Hollywood and everyone knows it". Hallelujah, someone finally says it to her. We know Andy doesn't have the guts to call her out, but at least Kathy does.

Holy moley!   You go, girl!   Kathy tellin it like it IS!   Can't wait for the whole show.

Edited by Taylor2023
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

No you're not. Mauricio's widely considered one of the hottest Housewife husbands, if not the hottest. Kyle also made a comment that when she first got with Mauricio, she saw him as a nice Jewish boy, and that he became more attractive the older he got. He was always cute, but kind of the awkward skinny guy when he was young. He's aged like fine wine. 

8-days-of-mauricio-08.jpg?itok=_s1uVS_I

realhousewivesofbeverlyhillsseason2galle

Mauricio-Umansky_1500x2250px-1068x1602.j

All true, but all the money (and tailored suits) send him over the top!!

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Mar said:

This was shown on the European version of the reunion preview but for some odd reason this particular scene was cut from the version shown in the United States. I can’t imagine why. Are you able to watch it via the Instagram link I provided? I’m not sure of any other way to watch it.

oh here,  I found an article with the video in it

https://www.realitytitbit.com/bravo/rhobh-us-fans-in-disbelief-as-finale-cut-out-pivotal-scene-about-kathys-leak

Maybe a result of the surrounding legal issues that might not apply to European airwaves?  I have ZERO knowledge on which to base this, just throwing it at the wall.  😂

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, Mar said:

Who is Zack?

2 hours ago, Taylor2023 said:

Thanks.  I was wondering the same thing.

Zack Peter has a YouTube channel where he gossips about reality TV. They showed a clip of him claiming that there were a lot of individuals who witnessed Kathy raging and screaming at the Caribou Club. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Have you considered grief counseling?  I ask because after my husband's suicide, I went to counseling every week for two years and you know what?  It was the best thing I ever did for myself and my spirit.   

Thanks and yes I did, I just never followed through.  I'm glad it helped you! 

• Hugs 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MMEButterfly said:

I don't think it would be worth staying married at this point in his life and career.

His acting career is still pretty active.   Come to think about it.....coming out as "gay" would probably give him a career boost in Hollywood these days, instead of being detrimental.

So nevermind.

13 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Zack Peter has a YouTube channel where he gossips about reality TV. They showed a clip of him claiming that there were a lot of individuals who witnessed Kathy raging and screaming at the Caribou Club. 

Oh, ok.   Thanks for the splain.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Taylor2023 said:

Holy moley!   You go, girl!   Kathy tellin it like it IS!   Can't wait for the whole show.

This will be all of us next Wednesday.

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀😈

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

No need for anyone to get too excited about Kyle "seeing the light" with her toxic friends. 

Judging by the below instagram exchange, the Richards sisters are still on the outs.

And of course the Faux Force reassemble like a persistent rash.

• Sad 1
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

leaking to the media then, as well, when Lisa Vdp got accused of it and blamed for it

I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm one of the few who still thinks LVP was behind that particular leak.

• Applause 3
  • Love 2

Judging by the below instagram exchange, the Richards sisters are still on the outs.

Oh lordie...back to square one then.

That's on Twitter though, not Instagram.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

Apologies for the long post:

I’ve been thinking about all of this, and I honestly think that Kyle is so very torn.  She is playing out a family drama that shouldn’t ever have made it to the public, similar to the situation with Kim back in the early seasons.  Much of this is of her own doing, by introducing Kathy to the show as a “friend of” role, and she is probably regretting Kathy being on the show now.

Think about it – last season, Kathy took off in popularity with the viewers – probably something that Kyle wasn’t completely expecting.  Kathy took her “role” as the kooky, dippy, somewhat proper but somewhat eccentric rich lady, and ran with it this season.  Most viewers loved it.  No one really saw the awful family dynamics that precluded Kathy’s time on the show, although it’s been discussed on the show and in media outlets.  No one saw the “real” Kathy, except for Kyle.

I think Kyle knows that Kathy is capable of doing and saying some awful things, just the same as Kim and Kyle are.  They grew up constantly in competition with each other for their mother’s love and praise.  That was clearly evident when Kathy was apologizing to Kyle and Kathy said “Mom would be proud of you” – that was the one thing that seemed to make Kyle especially emotional.  Big Kathy continues to rule (from her grave) the Richards’ sisters lives and emotions, in a very twisted way.

So, Kyle knows that Kathy probably said some really hateful things about her, and she said them to (or around) the one person in this group who would shout it from the rooftops – Rinna.

Kyle also knows that she is on a show that survives/thrives on gossip – who said what to whom about whom and the subsequent arguments regarding the gossip is the ongoing “drama” that is the engine that drives the Housewives train.  She knows that this is what needs to be done for the show, but is torn, because this now affects her and her family.  Kyle had a few rough seasons while trying to navigate that same exact thing with Kim. 

Kyle is “friends” with Rinna and knows what kind of person Rinna is.  She knows that Rinna will attempt to discredit anyone on the show who is getting more positive publicity, or who the viewers are embracing.  Kyle is torn, because she, too, has been involved in some pretty nasty takedowns of other Housewives (LVP, Denise, Camille and even Yolanda), so she knows what is going to happen, but doesn’t want it to happen in her family, when she appears to finally be in a good way with Kathy.  Kyle doesn’t want to make a choice between family and fame (RHOBH fame, anyway). 

Rinna took that and ran with it, regardless of friendship and knowing the backstory of the difficult relationship between the Richards' sisters.  Rinna is banking on the fact that Kyle may be just like Rinna- that she will always choose the nasty of the show over everything else.  I think that Kyle is really between a rock and hard place with this.  Rinna, also, may have some knowledge of the FF5’s behind the scenes plotting and scheming, and Kyle may be afraid that Rinna will expose all of that. 

I think that is why Kyle is treading lightly around Rinna – first, she’s not sure which way to go-does she cause another major rift in her already fragile relationship with yet another sister, or does she defend her sister and risk being exposed by a nasty, backstabbing co-worker on a show that is really a major part of her life? 

I can kind of sympathize with Kyle in this-just my opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

I finally watched the last three episodes and I think the effort to make Kyle the bad guy here is... kind of weird.

I think that Kathy and Kyle have a complicated relationship, like a lot of siblings do, but they do love each other. Most of the conflict I saw between the two was the kind of conflict you see between two sisters who grew up in a dysfunctional environment. But I don’t think Kyle was "teaching" the other women to treat Kathy badly. I just think there is a lot of unresolved issues between the two women.

Since Kathy admitted it, it is clear she said hurtful things about Kyle - but I suspect that was mostly because she had been drinking and was out of sorts because of the trip. I think she was genuinely remorseful about her behavior and does care about Kyle. I think her apology was genuine and I think Kyle was correct to say if she accepts it, so should everyone else.

I also think that this has become an issue not because of Kyle and Kathy but because of Rinna and Erika. And having watched three episodes in a row, it's pretty clear it was a coordinated effort on their parts. I suspect it was an opportunistic thing they took advantage of to take the spotlight off of Erika (as Garcelle rightly surmised).

And the idea that any of these women don't know how to leak to the press is literally laughable. I think it probably was Erika's publicist but only under Erika's direction. Believe me, that is only something a publicist does because the person they work for wants them to.

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Applause 6
  • Love 9
45 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I also think that this has become an issue not because of Kyle and Kathy but because of Rinna and Erika. And having watched three episodes in a row, it's pretty clear it was a coordinated effort on their parts.

100% agree.  The sisters, all three of them, have a very complicated, sometimes uncomfortable relationship that dates back to their childhood and how their mother treated/raised them.  They fight, they makeup, lather, rinse, repeat.  but for Rinna and Erika to take advantage of that is fucking vile.  They are, without a doubt, the villains in this story (sorry, Diana).

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 8
35 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

100% agree.  The sisters, all three of them, have a very complicated, sometimes uncomfortable relationship that dates back to their childhood and how their mother treated/raised them.  They fight, they makeup, lather, rinse, repeat.  but for Rinna and Erika to take advantage of that is fucking vile.  They are, without a doubt, the villains in this story (sorry, Diana).

Absolutely agree. I grew up in a similar fashion. My two sisters and I were always at odds. That is what my mother taught us, and she never got along with her siblings either.

My oldest sister died at only 51, very lonely and still tormented, probably because of our childhood. I watched her die and it was devastating.

My middle sister and I barely speak. We've tried to get past the hurt feelings but it hasn't worked so far. The dysfunction has turned into resentment. It runs deep. 

I'm not really big on Kyle but I feel for her in this situation. I think Kathy has power over her. Kyle was probably the peacemaker, conflict-avoidant, people pleaser of the family. Someone like that is often bothered being on the outs with anyone, but with family it's much worse. 

Having said that, I wish Kyle would've just said, "Lisa, I've had enough. Don't say another word about my sister." 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 2
  • Hugs 8
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3

I am so tired of these beyotches saying 'you do not want me to say this in public'  Stop playing this game bring it out in the open or STFU.  This "show" is more on social media and gossip sites than the show - who needs to watch it anymore - the show is now about discussing what is happening off camera.

• Like 1
  • Applause 8
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

snipped for space....

Having said that, I wish Kyle would've just said, "Lisa, I've had enough. Don't say another word about my sister." 

As opposed to smashing a glass and lunging at someone who alludes to a rumor about a husband?  

Or, again, as opposed to screaming in a rage at someone "Come for my husband or family and I will fucking hunt you down!!!!"

Rinna, given her previous violent outbursts when her family is mentioned in a not-so-great way, has no problem creating friction and discord between two sisters by continually mentioning what should not have been mentioned, as it did not happen on camera.  Does she not see what a hypocritical fool she is?  

Why does she feel the need to play armchair psychologist and get between family?  If Kyle is accepting of Kathy's apology and she and Kathy are willing to move on, without a deeper disucssion or bringing up old hurts, it's none of Rinna's friggin' business.  If that is how they get along, it's their choice - not hers!  

Rinna, with that sly, slither-y (thanks, Diana!) smirk on her face, wanted to play "hero" in that scene, so she could be the one to later claim that SHE was the one that helped the Richard sisters get to the root of their problems, and it all happened on air.  Kathy and Kyle are too smart to fall into Rinna's trap, thank God! 

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 8
34 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Rinna, given her previous violent outbursts when her family is mentioned in a not-so-great way, has no problem creating friction and discord between two sisters by continually mentioning what should not have been mentioned, as it did not happen on camera.  Does she not see what a hypocritical fool she is?  

I hope they run a montage of her outbursts during the reunion.

35 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Kathy and Kyle are too smart to fall into Rinna's trap,

Let's hope so.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

And please run one of Kyle's too. She also got physical on camera at least twice -- Brandi and Sutton -- which is one more than even Rinna, no?

I am in awe of how Kyle continues to get away with everything. Genuine awe. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 14
14 minutes ago, Jel said:

And please run one of Kyle's too. She also got physical on camera at least twice -- Brandi and Sutton -- which is one more than even Rinna, no?

She also lunged for Kim in the limo season one 

• Like 3
  • Love 6

Anyway, I think Rinna's miscalculation towards Kathy was in assuming that Kathy would deny what happened. But since she didn't, all of Rinna's arguments of "you need to take responsibility" didn't make sense. So then she upped the ante with "well, you need to get help." C'mon, Rinna. Projection much?

As for Erika, her whole argument falls apart, too, because again Kathy admitted her behavior was bad. Erika keeps denying she did anything wrong, changes her story, and attacks Sutton and then can't understand why that is different from the situation from Kathy, whose outburst wasn't on camera and ultimately admitted on camera that she behaved badly and apologized. 

Rinna and Erika should have taken the L on this one but couldn't. And I am sure that is where part of the drama comes from during the reunion. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 11

Ugh, I'm so torn here. I want Kathy to come for alllll of these women at the reunion. I want her to function as a stand-in for us, the viewers. I want her to take Rinna and Erika to task. I want to stand up and cheer! 

But, the thing is, Kathy is really awful too. I'm basing this on behavior I've seen on the show, as well as external stuff that's not relevant to this thread. 

There are no heroes here.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

Also, this may not be a popular opinion, but the fact that Kyle is worried that Kathy will hold this against her and her family --when Kathy is the one who supposedly (and she doesn't seem to deny this????) said awful things about Kyle-- speaks volumes about the fucked up nature of their sibling dynamic. 

Like, that is some DARVO/gaslighting bullshit on Kathy's part right there.

I am not a Kyle Richards cheerleader. AT ALL. I think she is a quintessential mean girl who often seems to skate by, with her meanness somehow being overlooked. But in this case, it seems really clear that she was not the instigator, was not involved in spreading these rumors, and even actively tried to squash them. 

Yet...somehow Kathy is mad at her and it's affecting their whole family dynamic? Just yikes.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, funnygirl said:

No need for anyone to get too excited about Kyle "seeing the light" with her toxic friends. 

I am not the best speller myself, and I realize this isn't the important issue here, but how can Kathy's spelling be so bad??

• LOL 2
11 minutes ago, ladle said:

Also, this may not be a popular opinion, but the fact that Kyle is worried that Kathy will hold this against her and her family --when Kathy is the one who supposedly (and she doesn't seem to deny this????) said awful things about Kyle-- speaks volumes about the fucked up nature of their sibling dynamic. 

Like, that is some DARVO/gaslighting bullshit on Kathy's part right there.

I am not a Kyle Richards cheerleader. AT ALL. I think she is a quintessential mean girl who often seems to skate by, with her meanness somehow being overlooked. But in this case, it seems really clear that she was not the instigator, was not involved in spreading these rumors, and even actively tried to squash them. 

Yet...somehow Kathy is mad at her and it's affecting their whole family dynamic? Just yikes.

Thank you for teaching me something today - I've seen DARVO before, but never knew what it meant, so I looked it up.  I have to agree with you, especially that this all goes back to the messed up upbringing these sisters had.

Kathy is no saint - I've mentioned many times that I don't particularly care for her.  However, my dislike for her does not alter my opinion that she and Kyle were definitely played by Rinna (and Erika) in this situation.  When something wrong is done to someone, it needs to be recognized.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Jel said:

I don't disagree with you that Kyle has also shown aggression and she has her own issues, as many here discuss (but, as you said - she does seem to get a pass from Andy/Bravo).

My comments were more "pot calling the kettle black", in that Rinna kept saying she was "shook" "so shook" "so, so, so shook" at supposedly seeing behavior like that, when she, herself, has done the same or worse (since we didn't see it, we don't know).  Rinna is a hypocritical asshole, imo, aside from so many other things. 

I find it laughable that Rinna, of all people, would talk about that kind of behavior, when she must know that if she is called out on the "so shook" comment, Bravo will be replaying the Amsterdam dinner fiasco between her and Kim AND the wine tasting event fiasco between her and Sutton.

• Applause 4
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I don't disagree with you that Kyle has also shown aggression and she has her own issues, as many here discuss (but, as you said - she does seem to get a pass from Andy/Bravo).

My comments were more "pot calling the kettle black", in that Rinna kept saying she was "shook" "so shook" "so, so, so shook" at supposedly seeing behavior like that, when she, herself, has done the same or worse (since we didn't see it, we don't know).  Rinna is a hypocritical asshole, imo, aside from so many other things. 

I find it laughable that Rinna, of all people, would talk about that kind of behavior, when she must know that if she is called out on the "so shook" comment, Bravo will be replaying the Amsterdam dinner fiasco between her and Kim AND the wine tasting event fiasco between her and Sutton.

I agree with you about Rinna, love  that you see Kyle too and all around appreciate your posts @njbchlover.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Anyway, I think Rinna's miscalculation towards Kathy was in assuming that Kathy would deny what happened. But since she didn't, all of Rinna's arguments of "you need to take responsibility" didn't make sense. So then she upped the ante with "well, you need to get help." C'mon, Rinna. Projection much?

As for Erika, her whole argument falls apart, too, because again Kathy admitted her behavior was bad. Erika keeps denying she did anything wrong, changes her story, and attacks Sutton and then can't understand why that is different from the situation from Kathy, whose outburst wasn't on camera and ultimately admitted on camera that she behaved badly and apologized. 

Rinna and Erika should have taken the L on this one but couldn't. And I am sure that is where part of the drama comes from during the reunion. 

Rinna is really stupid. She can’t even order a drink without waiting for the other person to order first. Then she’ll say, “Oh, that sounds good. I’ll have that, too.”

I agree with you. She expected Kathy to deny the rage and tantrum. After all, Rinna said that she doesn’t remember ever saying that Kim was this close to death.

But she only drafted one script. 

“I will not let you get away with this!” makes no sense either.

ETA: Ron and Ben point out that Rinna even parrots Garcelle correcting Erika with, “Kathy Hilton will take herself down.” Rinna hasn’t had a single original thought in years.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Well, I will admit to defending and actually liking Kyle, which I know is not a popular opinion. That of course does not mean I agree with everything she does - for instance, she's rather obvious in her pot-stirring (though to some extent that works to her benefit because no one can accuse her of being sneaky) and I question her judgment in maintaining friendships with Rinna and Erika - but overall, I don't think she is a mean person. I think she is honestly trying to maintain all of these relationships, even if that isn't always possible. And I also think that mostly, she shows pretty genuine emotions, like her anger with Dorit in Aspen or her tears with Kathy. IMO, that all feels pretty authentic.

For Kathy, I think that there are elements of her that I like but I also think that yes, she and Kyle are in a dynamic whereby Kathy rules the roost and Kyle slips into the younger sister role. And I think we did see some unpleasant parts of her personality this season that we didn't see last season but that were probably always there.

Still, Rinna and Erika made this a big public issue. If they weren't involved, I think Kyle and Kathy would have resolved it in reasonably quick fashion. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Well, I will admit to defending and actually liking Kyle, which I know is not a popular opinion. That of course does not mean I agree with everything she does - for instance, she's rather obvious in her pot-stirring (though to some extent that works to her benefit because no one can accuse her of being sneaky) and I question her judgment in maintaining friendships with Rinna and Erika - but overall, I don't think she is a mean person. I think she is honestly trying to maintain all of these relationships, even if that isn't always possible. And I also think that mostly, she shows pretty genuine emotions, like her anger with Dorit in Aspen or her tears with Kathy. IMO, that all feels pretty authentic.

For Kathy, I think that there are elements of her that I like but I also think that yes, she and Kyle are in a dynamic whereby Kathy rules the roost and Kyle slips into the younger sister role. And I think we did see some unpleasant parts of her personality this season that we didn't see last season but that were probably always there.

Still, Rinna and Erika made this a big public issue. If they weren't involved, I think Kyle and Kathy would have resolved it in reasonably quick fashion. 

If Rinna hadn’t been involved this problem never would have occurred in the first place. If Rinna had not made such a big deal of disrespecting Kathy and her Tequila, Kathy would not have blown up. Also, if Kyle had acted like mist other sisters and had stepped in saying something to the effect of “I’d like to try Kathy’s tequila” the problem would have been averted. Kyle should have supported her sister and she is not some innocent. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4
On 10/8/2022 at 2:25 AM, Hiyo said:

I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm one of the few who still thinks LVP was behind that particular leak.

Same. LVP isn't an idiot. She's more low-key with her treachery, but she definitely knows how to contact the tabs.

• Love 4

So excited for the reunion. Kyle looked so pretty at her party. Kathy needs to ask Rinna where her anger and conniving ways comes from. I love Kathy H. as a housewife. I actually liked Lisa's all blue look. She should of worn all green though. She's a very fake friend to Kyle. Erika Jayne is just being herself,selfish and self serving. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Ss55 said:

Did Crystal and her husband have a bodyguard? Who was the gentleman in the car with them and standing near them at the party?

I would take a bodyguard with me when hanging around some of those women. 😂

• Fire 1
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, janiema said:

If Rinna hadn’t been involved this problem never would have occurred in the first place. If Rinna had not made such a big deal of disrespecting Kathy and her Tequila, Kathy would not have blown up. Also, if Kyle had acted like mist other sisters and had stepped in saying something to the effect of “I’d like to try Kathy’s tequila” the problem would have been averted. Kyle should have supported her sister and she is not some innocent. 

I don't think Kyle is "some innocent" and certainly she could have ordered Kathy's tequila to placate her. But I also think Kathy is an adult who could have and should have said something to Rinna directly about ordering the tequila instead of expecting Kyle to do so. But regardless, we both agree that Rinna was being deliberately provocative with all of that.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I agree with your post, 1000%

I am aslo a "for the most part" fan of Kyle's, even with all of her faults, as mentioned here.  

I wonder if Kyle is really regretting any role she may have played in convincing Kathy to come on the show.  I'm sure the producers were pushing hard for Kathy because of the family connection and the sisters' backstory/history.

Kyle and Kathy should have looked to RHONJ to see what happens when family joins a show.  The Guidice/Gorga fued is an on-going thing.  The Manzo/Laurita family members (Dina, Caroline and Jacqueline) no longer speak to each other, either.  Family dynamics can often be dramatic enough without having cameras in your face constantly and asshole producers fueling fires during talking head interviews.  Things that are said cannot be unsaid, and if said on camera, they take on a "forever life" in the tabloids, podcasts and gossip sites.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 10/7/2022 at 7:07 PM, Taylor2023 said:

Rinna is a severely unhappy person....and yes, misery does apparently love company, judging by how Rinna loves to spread that misery around.   Her jealousy and envy of the other housewives is palpable, if not painful to observe.   Had to laugh at her comment about Kathy re: "I hope she gets the help she needs".   Pure projection on Rinna's part.

This. She is a has been B list actress. Her biggest role was on Melrose Place, a show I enjoyed, but not exactly on the level of Mad Men or any other highly respected drama. Their home is no doubt worth a bundle because of location and the amount of land they have, but who knows how mortgaged it is. The 90's kitchen says it all, they may be what my Mom used to call "house poor"-lot's of value in the home but no cash to keep it up. Yes, Harry still works some and Lisa is probably getting a huge salary from the show, but everything is relative. The fact that she spends money on her clown costumes is a shame, not sure if she is chanellimg Kim K or Elton John most days. Her only notoriety now is being married to "Harry Hamlin" (maybe why she always uses his full name) and being one of the most hated housewives ever. She hoped her daughters would become super models like Gigi Hadid-whose mother was one of Lisa's earliest victims on the show. I bet that really burns. Yes, very unhappy, bitter woman and she sure can't hide it anymore. Good thing Eileen got out when she did, although I was sorry to see her go at the time. Had she stayed, I would bet big money she would have become one of Lisa's victims by now. 

Edited by chlban
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I will say that  good or bad the season really did get the fans engaged and at the end of the day that’s exactly what Bravo wants 

This is true and worrying at the same time.  Fans are engaged and talking about the show, exactly the way it is, with this cast.

Makes you wonder if the cast will remain the same because of this.  I don't know if I can take another season of Rinna (and Diana, but I think it's safe to assume she's a one and done).  

I would be fine with Erika on the show WITHOUT Rinna, because I think the whole dynamic would change, but I don't think I can watch another season with both Rinna and Erika together.

• Like 3
  • Love 2