Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

On 10/15/2022 at 12:48 AM, Pearson80 said:

Ron would do the jumping the broom with a lesbian interracial couple getting married in order to be "woke" just because Chanel is black.  Chanel should be single and Allie should be gone.. I may be in the minority but I preferred the original Chanel. 

22 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I actually think the original Chanel was better in retrospect I felt like they were more willing to let her be shady longer... she also had better chemistry with LA's Allie than this one who I think clicks with Johnny above all else.

17 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I like both Chanels. They're pretty much different characters. I definitely enjoyed Precious Way more though. I almost wish they'd bring her back but also still keep Raven Bowens as a new character. Or bring PW back as a new character that's just like her version of Chanel lol.

I agree with all of this. I loved PW's Chanel. This is one of those things where I think RB is the better actress but PW had better chemistry with the cast and created a more interesting character. I thought PW's Chanel has a Erica Kane type of self-centeredness mixed with just enough vulnerability to make her rootable.  I even liked the Lani/Chanel relationship with PW.

I think a triangle with PW's Chanel/Johnny/Allie would have been more interesting because I could see her Chanel playing the twins off of each other. I also think it would be interesting if the middle person in the triangle was the schemer as opposed to one of the people vying for her interests. I also think PW's Chanel and Sami would have hated each other which would have made the triangle and the Parent/Child dynamics of Sami and the twins more interesting.

Alas, obviously none of that will happen. While I think RB is a better actress,  I also think a a lot of Chanel's personality was lost and RB's Chanel and Allie feel too close personality wise to really generate chemistry. They both give off a wishy washy never quite certain quality as individuals and as a couple.

Regarding "jumping the broom," I would honestly be disgusted if Allie/Chanel jumped the broom at their wedding. That's something for Eli/Lani or Abe/Paulina. I have no interest in seeing Allie jump a broom

• Like 3
  • Love 4

I actually liked this episode.

This is the first time I liked Rafe in years. GG actually seemed like he showed up for work that morning.

Is Marlena's hospital room the most people on cast we've seen in one place since Covid? There were 6 people plus Rex (since he's not on permanent cast as far as I know). I don't think we get that many for weddings. Do Allie and Johnny know Marlena is dying? It's sad that I can't think of anyone in that room who would tell them. Maybe John. I could see Belle telling Allie. 

Now, I'm curious who put the note in Rachel's bag because Kristen has insisted twice now that it wasn't her. Stefan seems to be the only other candidate as a way to drive Broe apart. 

• Love 6

I already hate this Kristen plot. I can't stand her smug expression and how she has zero concern for the dying women or her own child's welfare. I need her gone gone gone. Bring back Susan if SH needs this job. I actually quite like her with DF's EJ he softens her up a bit and brings down the screeching.

I had a dream last night that Victor had Isabella on ice for 30 years until he could cure pancreatic cancer and she returned just to whack Brady upside the head and find that damn orchid for him. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Now, I'm curious who put the note in Rachel's bag because Kristen has insisted twice now that it wasn't her. Stefan seems to be the only other candidate as a way to drive Broe apart. 

I was trying to figure out who would do it, too. Stefan makes sense. I actually had forgotten about him for a minute so it didn't occur to me lol.

• Love 4

Rafe might not be the most exciting person,  but he doesn’t deserve the crap Nicole puts him through with Eric. Nicole is incapable of telling the truth.

Kristen just repulses me on so many levels. 

Edited by SouthernChick
  • Love 13

Rare did not go blindly in to a marriage to Nicole. He knew that she and Eric have had an off and on thing for over two decades. Eric was still a priest when they married and then a day later, he wasn’t.

Salem is not a huge city where you won’t run into townspeople all the time. If Nicole didn’t rush into the marriage, would they still be together? Who knows. I do sympathize with Rafe but also see that Nicole is at this point, just being a friend to someone with whom she shares a lot of past history. Yeah, there is potential for her and Eric to get back together.

If Kristen knew nothing about the lunch note, would it be Stefan? Vivian? Her name has been mentioned. She is right that Chloe’s day will get worse.

Jada, eavesdropping is a bit insecure.

Why does John have to make the decision about the cure?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Swartz said:

Why was it only John's decision regarding the cure for the 3 women?

Because this show had to have the worst actor of the bunch center stage.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
On 10/17/2022 at 10:37 PM, Frozendiva said:

Rafe did not go blindly in to a marriage to Nicole. He knew that she and Eric have had an off and on thing for over two decades. Eric was still a priest when they married and then a day later, he wasn’t.

Salem is not a huge city where you won’t run into townspeople all the time. If Nicole didn’t rush into the marriage, would they still be together? Who knows. I do sympathize with Rafe but also see that Nicole is at this point, just being a friend to someone with whom she shares a lot of past history. Yeah, there is potential for her and Eric to get back together.

I like Rafe, but I'm always on the side of Eric & Nicole being a couple. I keep hoping we get Eric & Nicole being a couple for a year or more.  But eventually someone leaves the show and they break up again. I'm tired of the roller coaster.  But, I can't quit them as a couple.  I love, love them together. 

Maybe Rafe & Jada can become a thing since everyone is always okay with swapping lovers.   

Edited by A.J.
  • Love 5

I think Rachel herself might of wrote the note. They have been laying the groundwork for her "bad seed" transformation.  Or Stefan as an option is interesting.  

Also Joey and Trip made up when he got our of prison and also have been living together with Stefanie in Seattle the last few months. They've already addressed the Ava situation. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

Also Joey and Trip made up when he got our of prison and also have been living together with Stefanie in Seattle the last few months. They've already addressed the Ava situation. 

How sad. The show really needs organic drama and what's the point of having Joey "kill" Ava if it doesn't even lead to familial drama and tension. Granted, I have no interest in seeing either of these actors attempt to emote, so maybe it's a Godsend.

Chloe and the two Bradys in a scene. I'm shocked Ron restrained himself enough to not give us a meta moment. As a fan of both versions of Broe, I actually would have actually loved to see it.

I never liked the Kate/Chad relationship. I know it's been around for more than a decade now, but it leaves me cold. Kate looked like she was have a nice Sunday afternoon watching Bravo. LK obviously is not invested in this storyline. 

I thought the Broe breakup was really sad. I thought NB did a wonderful job of showing someone devastated trying to remain strong.

• Love 5

I am shaking my head, couldnt they Try to show some Reality: Like Rex giving the ladies the serum while wearing his leather jacket!  Rex should have changed into Scrubs & ordered everyone out of the room while he adminstered the Serum.  And the fact that all 3 women rebounded in one day was ridiculous...not that I want this SL to drag on any longer, but couldnt the writers build some tension for a couple of days, so fans would wonder how long it would take for the Serum to work?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I am shaking my head, couldnt they Try to show some Reality: Like Rex giving the ladies the serum while wearing his leather jacket!  Rex should have changed into Scrubs & ordered everyone out of the room while he adminstered the Serum.  And the fact that all 3 women rebounded in one day was ridiculous...not that I want this SL to drag on any longer, but couldnt the writers build some tension for a couple of days, so fans would wonder how long it would take for the Serum to work?

Does Rex have rights to scrub up in the hospital?

4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

The way Chloe said 'what'/the look on her face when Brady broke up with her cracked me up lol.

Same. I replayed that part three times, lol.

So is the illness story really over? I remember during the preview trailer for the show's move to Peacock, there was a scene where it seemed like Kayla had "died" and they showed her in some kind of a white room with a door and she turned around and did the "it's you!" thing. I was guessing it'd be Shawn Sr. or Caroline, but had no idea how the show would handle it. Also thought it might be Bo and she's just be dreaming. But did I miss that? I guess it's possible that was not a part of this storyline, but it sure seemed like it was. Or maybe they cut it because they were as tired of orchid madness as we were.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Chloe, find two or three Salem brain cells and put things together. Cure shows up, Kristen shows up, Brady all of a sudden breaks up with you. Ding ding ding. Brady is dumb enough looking to tell Chloe about faking a breakup until the cure is done. He does blank well.

So all the suspense is just nothing now - the ladies were not going to die or anything. Kate, before having your wedding night, please have a bath or shower. Being in bed and sick and such means ya might smell a bit.

Joey wants the family bracelet?

Chad, your wife died 3-4 months ago. A little too soon for any new relationship.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Love 7

If Show wants to rachet up the tension, may I suggest that a storyline suggesting imminent death NOT involve Marlena laying prone in a bed - again??  She's been at death's door so many times in the past few years I'm surprised Death hasn't issued a restraining order.  The poor woman must have bed sores by now.

The last thing I expect from this show is any hint of realism, but couldn't Show at least take the jewelry off Kayla and Marlena as they gasped and coughed and acted like their last breath was leaving their body?  My hat is off to DH, though.  His overacting was so continuous it was almost Oscar worthy.  And needed a laugh track.

Speaking of laugh tracks, how about an especially loud one the day Show finally feeds Kristen into a wood chipper?

ETA - NuJoey can't have been hired for his looks, can he??

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Joey wants the family bracelet?

He's good. He can easily find a dupe at the Pandora at the indoor mall they're pretending is a old beloved town square. 

11 minutes ago, boes said:

NuJoey can't have been hired for his looks, can he??

Tanner Stine apparently knows Carson Boatman very well, and he was also friends with the actors who played Melanie and Derrick. So, yeah. I doubt they were really wracking their brains to find a recast for a character that was pretty unpopular, either. So far I think he's fine although I agree with you that he's not really doing it for me. Then again, I thought that about Carson Boatman and I started finding him really sexy once he got possessed by the devil and was constantly in his little running shorts and tanks tops.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

How sad. The show really needs organic drama and what's the point of having Joey "kill" Ava if it doesn't even lead to familial drama and tension. Granted, I have no interest in seeing either of these actors attempt to emote, so maybe it's a Godsend.

Lucas Adams was honestly pretty riveting when he was planning to kill Kayla in revenge for "killing" Ava, but they've never written him like that again which is a shame.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I guess this is my own fault for not watching BS2, but I've been so confused with Wendy Shin's introduction. People kept referring to her as an established character, and I kept wracking my brain trying to remember this character. I even thought maybe she was recast. Finally, I Googled, and I see that she was introduced in BS2. As someone who's only used to watching his soap to get information on characters and character histories and relationships, I'm gong to have to get used to the Days' side stories if they continue to introduce characters and relationships in the Beyond Salem series. I guess it isn't a major deal, but it's just odd seeing her have scenes with people like their old buddies, and I have no idea who she is.

I genuinely hate Tripp. I hate that he's back on my screen.

I get the sense that Jack is only on canvas to give Gwen a strong tie to it. To a lesser extent to give Xander a friend. Does he have any relationships outside of those two? A brother, perhaps? A dying sister-in-law and ex-wife with whom he shares a complicated history? A bunch of nieces and nephews? Another dying woman with whom he shared strong ties, an affair, and a once strong relationship with her daughter, Billie? No, he doesn't have any of those? Just Gwen and Xander? I'm not even a Jack fan, and even I'm starting to be disrespected by his glorified extra/prop status.

I miss when villains has some dignity mixed in with their nefariousness. I think JS's EJ was wildly inconsistent in his characterization, but he never came off as "uncouth" to quote Stefan. He always had some air of respectability and gentility even when he was dastardly and straight up evil. The new EJ feels like he was raised by Susan, and I don't mean that as a compliment.

Marlena and Sami were "the faces" of Days at one point. It's sad that Johnny and Allie feel entirely pointless. I was kinda shocked that Johnny even knew Marlena was sick. Allie is the only person I could see telling him - I guess Sami, but I'm focusing on on canvas relationships. Eric, Belle, Brady, John seem to have no relationship with Johnny, at all. Allie only seems slightly better because I think the Allie actress and Belle actress do a lot of nonverbal communication in their scenes together that make them feel like family. Beside from that, Johnny and Allie could be Johnsons, Hernandezes, or even Lockhearts for the amount of Evans/Brady/Black connections they seem to have so far. I'm not talking about personalities, just literal scenes we've seen with these people interacting.

Stabi still have it. Li Shin is super stiff.

• Applause 3
  • Love 4

What was with Jack's embarrassing mugging at the end when Xander followed up on his job request? Are we meant to think Xander is incompetent? He ran Titan for years and apparently did an excellent job, so I'm sure he could do some admin thing at the paper.  I'm glad to see Xarah finally out of that dark Salem Inn set (although Chloe, Stefan, Gaby, et.al. are still stuck there)

Still shipping Kristen and the Wood Chipper..... this plot line is pushing my blood pressure I really loathe her smug cruelty

• Applause 1
  • Love 6

Tripp's hand must be sore. First punching Johnny and then EJ. I did laugh at Shin's smirk when Tripp's fist met EJ's face. Yay, Tripp.

Gwen is kissing her pillow thinking she is kissing Xander. Uh, spend some time single, Gwennie.

Poor Xander can't afford the Salem Inn any more and Sarah can't manage the bills on her reduced salary. So it's back to the mansion.

I liked Wendy and Gabi together. Maybe Wendy has the goods on her big bro and they can both go against EJ. And get the dirt on Dr. Rolf.

Stefan brings divorce papers and struggles to sign them?

So Ava didn't leave town and is visiting Gwen to get her help to get back at EJ.

Xander may be a good hire for The Spectator.

• Love 2

Today was a nice change of pace after two days of crying for characters who were never going to die.  

For as much as I enjoy EJ and his petty machinations, I did get a good smile out of Tripp punching his snarky mouth.  

Wendy continues to amuse me.  We'll see how long that lasts.  

Ava employing Gwen for another ill-advised plot?  Sign me up!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

For as much as I enjoy EJ and his petty machinations, I did get a good smile out of Tripp punching his snarky mouth.  

I like this version of EJ and how they're writing him now, but dude did deserve it. Lol Ah, Tripp. A golden retriever in human form.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

I need EJ to get a love interest. He’s being wasted.

28 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I wish they just kept EJ/Nicole together or even EJ/Belle(since apparently being with Shawn equals backburner for her).

I think this E.J. comes off as asexual. I can't imagine him with anyone.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Exactly!  The original EJ was very tall and hot.. 

Ron should not have recast EJ. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3

Xander would be a better hire for the Spectator than Gwen.  He has experience with being a scoundrel. Gwen has skills in?????? Jack is right that having both would be problematic.

Yeah, Ava, Gwen is a real good option for helping you get EJ.

Johnny and Wendy do make an interesting pair. Too bad both failed at the passwords. Johnny, you don’t convince your dad that you are an office dude in the making.

Wonder if Stefan and Gabi’s divorce will last. Shin is becoming suspicious.

Joey, back off with your brother and Wendy. Almost time to go back to Seattle.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I couldn't disagree more. I feel like he has chem with pretty much everyone, including Li. If those 2 put their faces any closer well ... lol.

I can't believe they're putting Tripp in a love triangle (square, I guess) again. Let this man have a woman that only has eyes for him for fuck's sake!

Yesterday's episode was so good. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I couldn't disagree more. I feel like he has chem with pretty much everyone, including Li. If those 2 put their faces any closer well ... lol.

I can't believe they're putting Tripp in a love triangle (square, I guess) again. Let this man have a woman that only has eyes for him for fuck's sake!

He was part of a very hot gay relationship on Spartacus....

• Love 1

The red flag went up with Jada today in her telling Eric that she eavesdropped on Nicole and Rafe arguing about their marriage. He was ‘fired’ because Rafe doesn’t want Eric around. She tells both Eric and Rafe. What is she up to?

Chloe tells Nicole that Brady dumped her out of nowhere. The cure shows up and she’s done-zo. She picks up her things and runs in to Kristen, who is moving in. Uh, Brady, the condo is not your property and you can’t just move someone in without the owners’ permission. You are a guest.

Gabi talks to Rafe about the possibility that Rolf brainwashed Stefan. She is going to his lab to chat with him. Meanwhile, Li is arranging for Rolf to relocate to Jakarta.

Stefan visits with Kristen.

Nicole drops by Eric’s room to chat with him.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Chloe tells Nicole that Brady dumped her out of nowhere. The cure shows up and she’s done-zo. She picks up her things and runs in to Kristen, who is moving in. Uh, Brady, the condo is not your property and you can’t just move someone in without the owners’ permission. You are a guest

Yes, I couldn't believe Kristen thinks she can simply move into John and Marlena's apartment without even ASKING them if it's OK.

17 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

The red flag went up with Jada today in her telling Eric that she eavesdropped on Nicole and Rafe arguing about their marriage. He was ‘fired’ because Rafe doesn’t want Eric around. She tells both Eric and Rafe. What is she up to?

I was hoping that this was going to be a new trend in the writing.  Rather than skulking around for weeks, talking to herself - out loud no less - about how someone can never know something and making lame excuses when she's inevitably overheard, she simply came clean to both parties about what she overheard and left it to them to work out a resolution.  This works better for me than if she decided what is or is not information either party should have.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

I would be upset if a coworker overheard me talking to a friend about a private matter and decided to tell other people. Which leads to me being office gossip fodder. She could have mentioned it to Eric and he could address it with Nicole or Rafe or both.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I would be upset if a coworker overheard me talking to a friend about a private matter and decided to tell other people. Which leads to me being office gossip fodder. She could have mentioned it to Eric and he could address it with Nicole or Rafe or both.

I get your point, but they weren't really talking about just a private matter.  They were talking about something that directly affected Eric's career and she's involved with Eric.  Since she felt he needed to know what was happening, she told Rafe to his face that she told Eric what she'd overheard. rather than go behind everyone's backs.  I take this as a positive.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Yes, I couldn't believe Kristen thinks she can simply move into John and Marlena's apartment without even ASKING them if it's OK.

It’s Kristen. She wouldn’t know what to do with herself if she wasn’t being arrogant, smug, and vile.

4 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I get your point, but they weren't really talking about just a private matter.  They were talking about something that directly affected Eric's career and she's involved with Eric.  Since she felt he needed to know what was happening, she told Rafe to his face that she told Eric what she'd overheard. rather than go behind everyone's backs.  I take this as a positive.

100%. I know it’s a rare sight on Salem, but I thought she was acting like a grown-up. It wasn’t just affecting his career, but he told Jada his being fired was making him question whether he was any good anymore. If my boyfriend was doubting his abilities like that, I’d tell them the truth as well. Once she did that, it made sense to give Rafe a heads up. The one acting shady and like a moron is Nicole. And, I’m actually rooting for Nicole and Eric, but she’s acting completely stupid right now. She’s been in situations like this enough that she should know ignoring her feelings is not just going to make them go away.

On 10/21/2022 at 9:53 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I don’t even think this is going to be a full-fledged triangle or square. I don’t know if LA or the actor playing Joey are even sticking around long-term and the way she and Johnny were introduced makes it seem like that’s where the main story will be. The scenes with Tripp, Joey, and Wendy were fun but, yeah, Tripp’s been on the losing end way too many times for this to be fun.

• Like 1
  • Love 6