Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

I think AZ looks great for her age but I also agree she's not a lingerie model at this point in her life. Nothing wrong with that. I think the only women in recent years that could pull that off were Sal, Camilla and Victoria... 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think AZ looks great for her age but I also agree she's not a lingerie model at this point in her life. Nothing wrong with that. I think the only women in recent years that could pull that off were Sal, Camilla and Victoria... 

Sloane too. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Ava is seeing and having full conversations with her son?  EJ needs to pay for what? Ava was the one who lied and stole and committed crimes. 

Johnny I wish will be slapped and kicked out and cut off by EJ.  He's spending all this time obsessing over something EJ didn't do but Kristen did.  All because of lying, faking a marriage Ava? Who just kidnapped his innocent grandmother.  Johnny is appalling. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Xander, surely any job would be better than kidnapping Susan Banks. She will drive you nutty. Gardening, working at Sweet Bits, anything!

The clown mask was recycled again. Susan Banks is in some shed?

Harold made the catfish nuggets?

So Johnny and Wendy have to ask Anna about the rogue pilot. At least they have the brain and can take the now out of service jet to Jakarta? Li won’t notice that his sister did not show up for her new job?

• Love 4
On 11/5/2022 at 10:51 AM, peachmangosteen said:

For some reason, him and Sarah, who is a doctor, can't afford anywhere to live so he needed to get a job. Ava said she'd pay him to kidnap Susan (as part of Ava's revenge plan for EJ).

Yes! WTF? How Is a doctor not able to rent a decent apartment or buy a home? 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, oftentimes said:

What is up with "Charlie's" eyebrows?  That's all I can see when he's on.  Oddly shaped and looking like extra black shoe polish.  

Anyone else notice them?

Mike Manning has been making interesting eyebrow choices since The Real World lol.

3 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Yes! WTF? How Is a doctor not able to rent a decent apartment or buy a home? 

It's Salem, where no one can afford homes/there are no homes.

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Xander, surely any job would be better than kidnapping Susan Banks. She will drive you nutty. Gardening, working at Sweet Bits, anything!

He was literally on his way to ask Roman for the cook job that Clyde vacated a few weeks back when he ran into Jack and decided he would rather work at the Spectator.  So it is Jack's fault I guess.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

He was literally on his way to ask Roman for the cook job that Clyde vacated a few weeks back when he ran into Jack and decided he would rather work at the Spectator.  So it is Jack's fault I guess.

He could have tried for the cook job again. Xander just wants the easy money that comes from dastardly deeds, which is fine lol but they should stop pretending he's more than he is.

• Love 8

Really good scenes between Maggie and Sarah yesterday, and everything Anna-related was delightful.  Nothing else, not even Susan Banks in a bag did much for me.

I can't get too invested in how terrible Xander is, since DOOL has made pretty much everyone, including most "heroes" into villains at one time or another.  People do the most horrendous things to each other and then a month later they're stealing a baby together, being serially possessed or becoming Dimera or Titan CEO in rotating fashion.  With this show, at least for me, I like who I like and detest who I detest, not based too much on what they've done or condoned or overlooked or scrapbooked about.  

To say Show has made virtue elastic is being too kind.

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

He could have tried for the cook job again. Xander just wants the easy money that comes from dastardly deeds, which is fine lol but they should stop pretending he's more than he is.

I love him most of the time but 100% agree. Roman would have given it to him too

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Hey Allie, could you please MOVE THE HELL OUT OF NICOLE'S TINY APARTMENT already?? It's what a "full blown adult" would do. You also have a kid and a girlfriend hanging out there with you. Come on.

And yipes you guys were right - her breasts really are larger. Never caught it before.

Nice that Chanallie realize 3 months is not enough dating time to know marriage would work. Flies in the face of other couples' logic (Rafe and Nicole) but consistency was never this show's strong suit.

Yes Sloan, cover your mouth as you speak...because you're so darn good at getting your lines out. Yeesh. She's definitely not great at this. There's a style to DAYS acting you have to grasp to fit in.

Speaking of which, I tried to give Paulina another chance...but holy crap, there she goes again, erupting with her very first line like a human volcano of irritation.

I don't want Abe to lose another wife but...

Nice to see Chad with someone else for once. Don't miss Abigail. She didn't need to die though.

Liked seeing footage from the 1st episode. Though technically, it's one year more than 57, Julie, because of the time jump remember? (I hate how time jumps mess up everything.)

I thought we'd see Susan today. Worried about her.

Overall, an okay episode. I was pleasantly surprised by how all the characters mixed by the end. It seemed like there were a lot of them today, more than they claimed could be on set at one time. Chad, Alex, Sonny, Sloane, Leo, Paulina, Chanel, Allie, Stefanie, Abe, Julie, Doug, ShawnD...that's 13 plus extras.

Why is being part of Paulina's campaign Chad's "Job"? Doesn't he work at DiMera still?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Liked seeing footage from the 1st episode. Though technically, it's one year more than 57, Julie, because of the time jump remember? (I hate how time jumps mess up everything.)

But if I recall, Eric at one time mentioned a newspaper's date - and it was the current year. Thinking Ron forgot his own gimmick. Shocking, I know.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Hey Allie, could you please MOVE THE HELL OUT OF NICOLE'S TINY APARTMENT already?? It's what a "full blown adult" would do. You also have a kid and a girlfriend hanging out there with you. Come on.

Nicole gave up the lease to the apartment (which was originally Eric's) when she married Rafe. It's Allie's now.

Now when Nicole was living there with Holly and Allie with Henry was inviting her friend Chanel or boyfriend Tripp stay over? Yeah that was when she should have moved out

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Nicole gave up the lease to the apartment (which was originally Eric's) when she married Rafe. It's Allie's now.

Aw shit - you mean she's LIVING with Rafe too?

...I realize that should have occurred to me already but nobody's living arrangements make any sense so I guess I just privately hoped Nicole and Rafe only saw each other in passing despite being "married".

Speaking of which, shouldn't Ava be trying to hurt Rafe? Wasn't he the guy she was super emotionally attached to and living with for months? The kindly Police Commish who gave her a place to stay and told his suspicious sister to back off?

I'm a little lost as to why she wants revenge on EJ honestly. Didn't she move in with him ever so briefly? How could he be a bigger betrayal than her boyfriend Rafe (the idiot)?

Did she try to get revenge on Nicole for taking Rafe away? I don't remember. I might have even seen part of it, I just didn't care and it all floated out of my brain LOL. All I remember is something about a teddy bear.

Glad the Chanel actress is getting a significant storyline now. I like her.

Forgot to add - Ron should really make that "Mary!" joke a recurring thing. He's totally under-using it.🙄

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, boes said:

With this show, at least for me, I like who I like and detest who I detest, not based too much on what they've done or condoned or overlooked or scrapbooked about.  

That's how I watch every show lol.

3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

And yipes you guys were right - her breasts really are larger. Never caught it before.

They have always gone back and forth. I just assume it's a matter of what bra she is wearing.

• Love 4

It made me feel nostalgic seeing the old black & white episodes from the beginning & Tom & Alice. I got a kick out of Julie "accidentally" taking the mink stole(faux) from the store and then Doug reminded her of the 1st time she shop-lifted.  It was heart-warming to see Julie & Doug reminiscing. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5

How did Julie accidentally take the fake mink stole out of the store? Did she bring her own shopping bag? The stole didn’t have one of those beeping tags? It was an innocent mistake that was sorted out quickly. 57 years ago? That was remarkable footage.

Allie and Chanel, you two haven’t been with each other very long. Why would the press care about Chanel?

Very fast election results and a very small Horton Square celebration. Abe, you are an idiot to resign your Mayor job without getting the official results. Wait a week or two.

Stephanie’s dress was a little too summery for November in the Midwest. Brrrrr.

I did like Sloane putting down the downward dog of Alex K. She has zero proof that he did anything.

Leo is making a move on Sonny? 

Who turned in Chanel?

• Like 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

It made me feel nostalgic seeing the old black & white episodes from the beginning & Tom & Alice. I got a kick out of Julie "accidentally" taking the mink stole(faux) from the store and then Doug reminded her of the 1st time she shop-lifted.  It was heart-warming to see Julie & Doug reminiscing. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the "Julie" in that flashback episode Charla Doherty who first played Julie?   SSH didn't come on board until 1968 which is still one helluva long time.  Whichever actress it was, the person was so young.  What a treat to get even a glimpse of the long ago show.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Yes boes - that was a different actress and not a young SSH. The whole Pilot was actually uploaded to YT a few months back. It was so intriguing to watch the different rhythms of storytelling back then. The Horton livingroom set was also slightly different.

Why have you been saying the footage was in black and white today though? I saw color...

• Love 3
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Yes boes - that was a different actress and not a young SSH. The whole Pilot was actually uploaded to YT a few months back. It was so intriguing to watch the different rhythms of storytelling back then. The Horton livingroom set was also slightly different.

Why have you been saying the footage was in black and white today though? I saw color...

That's not me saying it was in black and white, that part is from a post I quoted.  I saw color, too.

8 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

If Ava has no money, how is she paying Xander? Didn't she have to beg for a place to stay from Rafe, and then Jake? Is she back to having mafia money? I am pretty sure it isn't Charlie who is funding her revenge.

Well, not much on this show makes much sense :) But, I think Ava is going to take the Ransom money she gets from EJ & split it with Xander

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yep. That's the plan.

Another entertaining episode. But for fuck's sake, I need to know the details about Chanel already!

Yes, dragging out this murder charge is getting stupid.

• Like 5

Leo wants… a friend?

So, Sloane used him to get the file to take to the DA? She really gets around.

No, Governor-Elect Paulina, one does not go marching off to the police station. Convenient that Belle was just there. Track seems to shoot first and asks questions later.

Stephanie, it is not a good idea to turn your phone off on election night.

• Love 7

Cry me a river with "poor" Leo being sad he has no male gay friends or real friends besides Gwen. I know he - and the show - think he's a laugh riot, but he's not. I could maybe buy that "I use humor as a defense mechanism" crud if we ever saw him not cracking jokes about this, that, or the other. For an Emmy-winning actor GR seems to really only have two expressions - smug and that stank face (rearing back with an ugly sneer) whenever anyone dares to call him on how horribly he's treated them. For him to have the audacity to complain about Sonny "of all people" not believing in his sincerity...🙄 I know RC seems to think his audience suffers from as many bouts of amnesia as his characters do, but I for one remember a few short months ago when Leo MOLESTED Sonny. I wish I was exaggerating. He drugged him, stripped him, posed him, then took pictures with him. And when Sonny confronted him about it, Leo thought it was just hilarious to joke about how he may or may not have raped him. Guess that's just poor Leo's defense mechanism. 

• Applause 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Cry me a river with "poor" Leo being sad he has no male gay friends or real friends besides Gwen. I know he - and the show - think he's a laugh riot, but he's not. I could maybe buy that "I use humor as a defense mechanism" crud if we ever saw him not cracking jokes about this, that, or the other. For an Emmy-winning actor GR seems to really only have two expressions - smug and that stank face (rearing back with an ugly sneer) whenever anyone dares to call him on how horribly he's treated them. For him to have the audacity to complain about Sonny "of all people" not believing in his sincerity...🙄 I know RC seems to think his audience suffers from as many bouts of amnesia as his characters do, but I for one remember a few short months ago when Leo MOLESTED Sonny. I wish I was exaggerating. He drugged him, stripped him, posed him, then took pictures with him. And when Sonny confronted him about it, Leo thought it was just hilarious to joke about how he may or may not have raped him. Guess that's just poor Leo's defense mechanism. 

I totally agree.   On a good day, Leo's got all the humor of that old uncle who always starts every joke with "Pull my finger" and thinks he's hilarious.  On a bad day, which for Leo is really every day, he's an over-the-hill harassing creep.  Show making him friends with the man he harassed and molested makes about as much sense as Will becoming besties with Ben, the guy who literally strangled him to death.

• Like 2
  • Love 8

Hey Eric? You don't have to forgive Xander. He shot your mom and slept with your wife and tried to kill you both a couple of times. Sarah would be an idiot to expect you to get along. It's fine, man.

Xander HAS a mother? News to me.

Yay! Judi Evans! Missed ya, Paulina 💛

I'm so tired of seeing Maggie cry over Victor problems. She really should have divorced him years ago.

Oh look - another anniversary date screwed up by the timejump. Is it really 11 years, or 11 years adjusted?

Telfer's fake American accent is pretty good.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Hey Eric? You don't have to forgive Xander. He shot your mom and slept with your wife and tried to kill you both a couple of times. Sarah would be an idiot to expect you to get along. It's fine, man.

Yes! I get that he doesn’t want to be a hypocrite, but this is one of those occasions where that’s okay. Especially since one of the big things you should do to earn someone’s forgiveness is be remorseful and apologize. Xander is not sorry for any of the things he did to Eric or anyone not named Sarah or Maggie. Even Sarah admitted this when she apologized for Xander sleeping with Nicole because she knew Xander never would.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Xander HAS a mother? News to me.

Yea, I was like what? You'd have thought him having a horrible mom would have come up during his time with Gwen. But then I was like, maybe this was mentioned before and I just don't remember it because I do not retain details for very long lol.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, I was like what? You'd have thought him having a horrible mom would have come up during his time with Gwen. But then I was like, maybe this was mentioned before and I just don't remember it because I do not retain details for very long lol.

Years ago,  when PT came back as Xander, his hard upbringing and his damaged mother was brought in a fight he had with Victor about how badly he and his mother had been treated.

• Useful 5

Zander’s mom was a drunk.   That’s how Maggie and Zander first bonded. 
Eric looked so handsome today.  His friendship with Sara is sweet.  It was sad when they talked about the child they lost.  
  Rafe wasn’t wrong but I still thought he was acting like an idiot.  He is a cheater so now he gets to see how it feels to be the one cheated on.  
  This is the first time I found EJ a little scary.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I too agree that Rafe was not wrong and that he is an idiot. He knew that some part of Nicole will always love Eric. She does not have to have a relationship with him and can still love him. He married Nicole knowing that she just can’t turn off her love for her ex husband within a week. She was asked to take photos with him. It is the 21st century and she does not have to get her husband’s permission to do a half hour modeling session. That she did not volunteer to do. They rushed into a marriage.

Xander should have removed his ring. How convenient that his phone rang after Susan Banks’ psychic rant. How convenient that Bonnie found her.

Maggie, why haven’t you divorced Victor? 11th anniversary already?

Sarah and Eric made nice friends.

Interesting twist that EJ has kidnapped Tripp.

• Applause 2
  • Love 4

Yeah, I have to admit that that was the first interesting thing this EJ has done in my book. *just do not hurt Tripp!*

...not that I predicted him sleeping with Belle, but I don't count that as 'interesting' exactly. How did that wrap up anyway? Belle wept and apologized to ShawnD and he was like "fine, sure, okay, yeah" and now they're in wuv again like nothing happened? Or is Belle harboring secret passions for creepy back-from-the-dead rapist EJ? *gag*

Even though we've seen some version of the same "I will always love you" scene between Ericole like 8 times already (furnace, Martin House, country house, warehouse...there's four...plus whichever ones they did in the 90s) I still can't help but smile and cheer them on. Sick of the tears though. Just make out and love each other you two morons! It's not THAT hard!

Rafe was pretty much throwing his hands up in the air and saying "yeah, okay, that's my cue to exit" so even he knows this is going to happen regardless of the drama that's manufactured in the meantime.

(Seriously Rafe - why DID you marry Nicole? You are such a dumbass.)

Admission: every time they reference Victor being there, but not in the same room, or otherwise occupied, I get this nervous feeling in my gut for John Aniston. I just love him. I hate that he's older and more feeble now. I'm constantly worried about him :( Stay strong John.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, tribeca said:

Eric looked so handsome today.  His friendship with Sara is sweet.  It was sad when they talked about the child they lost.  

I was really enjoying Sarah during those scenes and then she called Xander and she went back to being annoying. 

29 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

I’m happy Jada is pregnant. I don’t like Eric and Nicole together.

While I don't like Eric/Nicole together either not really sure how Jada being pregnant is going to stop that from happening. She'll either lose the baby or they'll have the kid not his. 

Maybe the kid actually lives and Eric/Nicole reunite regardless. 

3 hours ago, Your Aunt Tilly said:

Aw, silly Eric! Always getting a woman pregnant just as he’s about to be with Nicole.

The only reason Jennifer didn't get pregnant was because she was probably menopausal at that point.

• LOL 1
45 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

I’m happy Jada is pregnant. I don’t like Eric and Nicole together.

100% with you.  I've never liked Nicole so anything that screws with her life is....well karma. 

3 hours ago, Your Aunt Tilly said:

Aw, silly Eric! Always getting a woman pregnant just as he’s about to be with Nicole.

This is where I could actually stomach CIN for a moment if they appeared only to spout their 'it's fate' verbal vomit to Eric. 

• Love 1

Aww, Bonnie. Going to the garden shed was a bad idea. Xander had better get rid of that outfit - fast - because the women will recognize it. Granted, it seems like men’s suits/jackets seem to come in a certain set of colors, so…

Nice to see Victor.

Jada walks in to Basic Black to find Eric and Nicole and then faints at the Brady Pub. Why can’t it just have been low blood sugar? Would Jada not have suspected? I wouldn’t be happy being pregnant with a man I barely know, and one who is hung up on his ex. Wonder if she will say her birth control failed and poor Eric has to do the honorable thing out of guilt and obligation. It is 2022 and they could just be adults and coparent.

So, Tripp being missing pans out. Ava really needs to stop listening to Charlie.

Rafe, you knew that Nicole could not shut her feelings off for Eric overnight. I do agree that Eric did treat Nicole badly and ran away. Wonder if that pattern will continue.

• Love 5

It WAS nice to see Victor, but I see what you guys are saying about John seeming more frail. Not only is he permanently sitting, but now his voice even seems faint. I struggled to hear him. And Suzanne was making all the effort to be physically affectionate with him on the couch. He didn't seem able to turn his head towards her to kiss her.

God we're lucky he's stuck around so long. Victor's one of the best parts of Days. Bless him.

I missed at least half the episode, but I enjoyed the momentum that's building. Towards what? I'm don't know...and I suspect I won't like it, but still, better writing is worth applauding. There's nothing fragmented here. Xander is working with stupid Ava to extort money out of EJ. He's kidnapped Susan, which means his relationship with his wife could easily go up in flames, just as they're already on bad terms with her mother and step-father, whose anniversary it is. And then there's EJ, who outsmarts Ava by kidnapping her sweet son Tripp, forcing Ava to go running to Tripp's Dad Steve, who doesn't trust her and knows something bad is going on. Then well-meaning Bonnie finds Susan and gets pulled into the increasingly chaotic kidnapping plot...

...you can follow it all. The character relationships are all being honored here. No one is acting stupidly "just because". Well, except for Xander and Sarah who are penniless, apparently, which makes no damn sense...but having only ONE plot hole is an improvement for this show.

And it was nice seeing Eric and Sarah speaking on good terms, as friends. I always like seeing that kind of maturity on display from exes. And she's back in Doctor mode, which is also good.

Jada can go jump off a bridge, sorry, I just don't care. You are not important to me. Yet.

Now, since I missed most of the first half, how did Bonnie end up tied up? Xander saw her and hit her from behind, I suppose?

• Love 5

I've been skipping the Show almost completely. I watch till the first commercial break, then skip to the last segment.  I just don't care.  I'm sorry I missed John Aniston on Friday, though.

I don't have the patience for Eyeore's wide-eyed "What, you still like me?" totally disengenous stare at Nicole when he's been knowingly playing along with it the whole time.  I think that's the main reason I don't like Eric.  I've never thought he was actually honest with pretty much anyone about his feelings or motivations but instead plays everything to make himself look like (an admittedly well-sculpted) plaster saint.  And Nicole's whiny desperation is just as off-putting.  Rafe's an idiot and deserves to lose.  Jada, I like her okay I guess but not enough to give a rats ass about her having a baby.

So Show is ruining Xander and Sarah once again.  Okay, got it.  Invested in them twice already and I've learned my lesson.  Susan Banks kidnapped?  Where can I send money to make sure she stays that way?  Tripp also kidnapped?  Can I buy him a ticket on wherever they're keeping Susan?  Will anyone notice he's gone?

I've already spent more time on this post than I have on watching this latest installment of Ron C.'s latest wet dream.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I think it is interesting that many people (here and on other boards) are talking about better writing when the scripts for Peacock don't start showing until January. Maybe it is just showing them in the compressed timeframe that makes a difference?

What do you mean by compressed timeframe?

I personally just think the show has good weeks and bad weeks. Sometimes, there is just nothing interesting going on for a week or 2 and then we'll get a good week and then another bad week, then maybe a couple good weeks in a row. It's been inconsistent like that for awhile imo.

• Love 4