Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

Does nobody on this show have a voice mail message?  Both Tripp and EJ's phones just beeped and went straight to recording messages.

I'm fascinated by the guy in the background at the pub in Rafe and Steve's scenes.  He's wearing  a baseball cap indoors, which I guess is ok these days, he's wearing Clark Kent glasses, he keeps opening and closing the menu, he nods to himself, then he takes off his glasses and looks off into the distance.

Bonnie couldn't find anything sharp to cut those ropes in a garden shed?

Is Sarah going to wear those lacy stockings into the ER, or is she planning on changing ahead of time?

• Love 3
On 11/11/2022 at 6:38 PM, SouthernChick said:

I’m happy Jada is pregnant. I don’t like Eric and Nicole together.

We all know that she will lose the baby so I can't get invested.  Unless Nicole will have a miracle pregnancy  via Eric and knowing Ron there will be a baby switch with Jada stealing Nicole's baby like Nicole did with Sami years ago.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Retired at last said:

They are showing it in less than the hour people are used to seeing it. Isn't it like 40 minutes now?

Ah. The show has been about 36 minutes for awhile now, so there's no difference. I think TPTB actually said it may even get longer once the Peacock eps kick in.

14 hours ago, RedElf said:

I'm fascinated by the guy in the background at the pub in Rafe and Steve's scenes.  He's wearing  a baseball cap indoors, which I guess is ok these days, he's wearing Clark Kent glasses, he keeps opening and closing the menu, he nods to himself, then he takes off his glasses and looks off into the distance.

I love watching the extras. I've noticed lately that they actually only have a roster of maybe like 10 or so and they just give them wigs and glasses and hats and whatnot to make them look like different people. It's hilarious to me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

We all know that she will lose the baby so I can't get invested.  Unless Nicole will have a miracle pregnancy  via Eric and knowing Ron there will be a baby switch with Jada stealing Nicole's baby like Nicole did with Sami years ago.

Not sure how they can pull that off since Jada is black and Nicole is white. I know Days had its outlandish plots and all but still..

However I wouldn't mind this twist otherwise a full circle for Nicole tbh.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Not sure how they can pull that off since Jada is black and Nicole is white. I know Days had its outlandish plots and all but still..

If you can find it, check out all the replies to a Reddit topic about the instant reaction of a partner finding out the female partner cheated. Almost all replies were about finding out in the delivery room. And yes, the racial component is the key to all the replies. 

• Useful 2
57 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

26 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

If you can find it, check out all the replies to a Reddit topic about the instant reaction of a partner finding out the female partner cheated.

It wouldn't be outlandish.  Skin color doesn't operate in that way.  It's possible that that it'd be obvious upon birth but it's not a given.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

It wouldn't be outlandish.  Skin color doesn't operate in that way.  It's possible that that it'd be obvious upon birth but it's not a given.

It happens. Genetics can be complicated and can result in a light skinned baby.

• Love 2
On 11/12/2022 at 12:08 PM, Retired at last said:

I think it is interesting that many people (here and on other boards) are talking about better writing when the scripts for Peacock don't start showing until January. Maybe it is just showing them in the compressed timeframe that makes a difference?

Sounds like the power of suggestion has duped quite a few viewers.  It's like tell someone you gave them medicine, they feel better, but really they only had the placebo. 

Personally I think the episodes airing on Peacock are worse. And it would explain why NBC moved them there so quickly rather than airing on network what was already filmed. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Did we ever find out who Jada's mother is? If she's white (I always thought it would be a great twist if it was Faith given how Marcus's parents were killed by her father a white supremacist but at the same time I don't want Ron to write this either) then that could work because the child would be 3/4ths white like Victoria Rowell(Dru on Y&R)'s daughter. Her daughter mentioned that many thought her mom was the help and not her actual mom because she was half black.. which sadly I'm not surprised people thought this either but I digress.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

True but Jada is Black American and she has white ancestors in her lineage . Plus, genetics is unpredictable at times so she can possibly give birth to a baby that is white passing.. I could see Ron writing this type of story..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2

Nicole is a forty-something woman knocking softly on the door to menopause and with a history of failed pregnancies to boot.  The one miracle kid she does have she never spends any time with. I tuned in to see the Halloween stuff and rolled my eyes at how she ditched plans with Holly for time with Eric work. Please Ron, don't give this woman any more kids. Hers or other women's!

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

The one miracle kid she does have she never spends any time with.

A serious beef I have with the show...across the board. It's the same problem with Gabi and Ari.

...I just realized something: did they suddenly cast Ari as a brunette because the show overwhelmingly has white blonde gals (*deep breath* Sami, Belle, Nicole, Allie, Claire, Carrie, Jennifer, Rachel, Holly) and they felt it would be a mistake for the only Latin kid on the show to take after her father's side, adding to their ranks?

Truthfully I always found it cute that Ari looked like Will...I feel like the obvious choice in soaps is daughters look like their mothers and sons like their fathers. This broke that up.

Anyway I'm reminded of the many multicolored Alis on Another World, whose hair always matched the shade of whichever actress was playing Amanda at the time...and there was a blonde, a redhead and a brunette! (That's how Lindsay Lohan ended up in there)

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3

Wow! Today's episode (Mon) came in at 41 minutes 29 seconds!! Usually it is in the 37 minute range. That is the first time the show has topped 40 minutes in a while. I bet they added a few scenes. 

Looking at the cast listing at the end of the episode Les Brandt (who played Rafael on "Another World" in 1988-89) will be playing 'Eddie'. He played 'Ricardo' on DOOL back in 2013/14 for about 10 episodes. He was also supposed to be hired by Heidi Fleiss as one of her first male 'call boys' in the first male brothel in Nevada.

I know that Wally Kurth is still playing Justin, but he's hardly seen these days and the only other Kiriakis family members left onscreen are bottom feeder newbie character Alex and Sonny - I guess Shawn Douglas, though he barely registers as being related to Victor.  What a a pathetic legacy to leave behind after the glory of what John Aniston did with his role.

• Love 9

I'm so glad now that we got that anniversary celebration scene with him and Maggie. They must have known he was too ill to continue and wrote it in. It was a random anniversary to single out.

4 hours ago, worleybird said:

Looking at the cast listing at the end of the episode Les Brandt (who played Rafael on "Another World" in 1988-89)

I remember him! Floppy dark hair. I think he took off with Maggie in the end.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm so glad now that we got that anniversary celebration scene with him and Maggie. They must have known he was too ill to continue and wrote it in. It was a random anniversary to single out.

I remember him! Floppy dark hair. I think he took off with Maggie in the end.

He did I liked them together even though Robyn Griggs(RIP) was my favorite Maggie 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Robyn Griggs

I had no idea she passed! Geez. That's too bad.

She was a very 90s Maggie. I'd put her in 2nd place behind the beautiful Maggie and ahead of the whiny, final Maggie.

Speaking of Maggie, poor Suzanne is going to have to cry some more on camera. And then, what happens to Maggie? Obsessing about Brady and Sarah and Alex 24/7?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

Why did Nicole not have the convo she had with Rafe today *before* she married him? She had no idea that Eric would be defrocked. No plans for a longer engagement to see if there are any old feelings. No time spent alone to think about relationships. Just rush into a marriage, a semi rebound, whatever. Does she think that Eric has changed and won’t abandon her again? I would question him about it. Will he be the partner she wants? If not, be single for a bit. Rafe knew she still loved Eric and will love him in some way for the rest of her life. He still chose to marry her. Nicole, don’t leave the ring at the hospital.

So Jada was unhappily surprised at the baby news? She and Eric do need some time to see if they can have any sort of viable relationship or just be coparents. Or whatever else she wishes to do.

Steve and Kayla are going to find Tripp? Shouldn’t Kayla just stay home and recover from that toxin?

EJ is in to throwing things.

Ah Gwen, looking up Xander’s new non existent gig.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Ah Gwen, looking up Xander’s new non existent gig.

Which is more than his medical school graduate wife did. Even if she trusted him as a wife, as a dr., you would think she would be curious about a NEW pharma company just popping up in Salem????

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Which is more than his medical school graduate wife did. Even if she trusted him as a wife, as a dr., you would think she would be curious about a NEW pharma company just popping up in Salem????

Sarah’s becomes an idiot and child-like with Xander.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

...I'm with Henry. These two babysitters are embarrassing and need to stop.

Sonny and Leo annoy me. Why is Sonny being nice to him at all? I don't get it. And please stop referring to yourself as "girl". It's really annoying and a stereotype.

Why is Chad negotiating with Gwen? Why is he saying if she "wants to be a better person" when she's already had 10 opportunities and clearly opted to be awful instead? Why is Gwen working at the paper? I. Don't. Get. It.

The Gwen & Leo show needs to stop. I'm sorry, no, The ROBERT SCOTT WILSON IS TOO HOT TO FIRE Show, featuring Gwen & Leo. 🤢

• Fire 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

The ROBERT SCOTT WILSON IS TOO HOT TO FIRE Show, featuring Gwen & Leo. 🤢

Did you see the RSW  U.S. Army commercial?  He and other Army buddies are shooting pool in the commercial.  Not sure why that should signify "Army", but whatevs.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

...I'm with Henry. These two babysitters are embarrassing and need to stop.

Sonny and Leo annoy me. Why is Sonny being nice to him at all? I don't get it. And please stop referring to yourself as "girl". It's really annoying and a stereotype.

Why is Chad negotiating with Gwen? Why is he saying if she "wants to be a better person" when she's already had 10 opportunities and clearly opted to be awful instead? Why is Gwen working at the paper? I. Don't. Get. It.

The Gwen & Leo show needs to stop. I'm sorry, no, The ROBERT SCOTT WILSON IS TOO HOT TO FIRE Show, featuring Gwen & Leo. 🤢

Personally, I don't want Gwen, or Leo, to be better people.  I want them to be non-people, I want them to make the roses bloom, I want them to be "Remember when" people, or even better, "Thank God Gwen and Leo is morte" people.

I want RSW to be a throw rug, on sale, at Ross Dress for Less. Marked down.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down.

Please, Santy Claws???

• Applause 14
2 hours ago, boes said:

Personally, I don't want Gwen, or Leo, to be better people.  I want them to be non-people, I want them to make the roses bloom, I want them to be "Remember when" people, or even better, "Thank God Gwen and Leo is morte" people.

I want RSW to be a throw rug, on sale, at Ross Dress for Less. Marked down.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down.

Please, Santy Claws???

Oh, @boes, this post is like puppies, rainbows, and cotton candy! Thank you for channeling my feelings so hilariously!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I am Team Sloane and Trask at this point. Anybody else?

I will always be Team Trask tbh. And I have liked Sloane from the start. I love Chanel too though so I hope she doesn't go to prison lol.

I loved today's episode. I am SO here for Leo/Sonny as friends or maybe more. And I continue to enjoy Gwen. I loved her having a small scene with Sonny and then with Sloane just because I love when they mix up the character combos, which they don't do enough.

I resent that I had to watch Alex and then Alex/Stephanie scenes just because of that adorable baby playing Henry. Very rude!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I had no idea she passed! Geez. That's too bad.

She was a very 90s Maggie. I'd put her in 2nd place behind the beautiful Maggie and ahead of the whiny, final Maggie.

Speaking of Maggie, poor Suzanne is going to have to cry some more on camera. And then, what happens to Maggie? Obsessing about Brady and Sarah and Alex 24/7?

It was the day after Anne Heche died but her death obviously took over most of the headlines. Robyn had cancer so her death wasn't as surprising despite her age.

Edited by CanaryFan98

They gave Gwen a reporter job, she has Abby's s job?  Living in Horton house. This writing of forcing her down viewers is worse by day. 

Is Chad still living with the kids at the house and Gwen is a there too?

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4

Baby Henry is now a toddler and not a blanket. Guess he was too shy for Uncle AlBen. The puppet thing was dumb and not as clever as the Sound of Music ones.

Gwen is just an insta-reporter? No training in ethics or basic journalism? She inherited Jack’s knowledge and abilities? Xander could have been better. 

Allie demands to see her girlfriend? The crime happened in the UK? Chanel wasn’t extradited back to face the charges? Is this another non case?

Sloane is the person behind the file? No client? 

At least little Leo gets to have lunch with Sonny.

• Love 3

Not sure where to put this, but who's keeping up with the Marlena/Kate/Kayla orchid storyline? I can't seem to find it mentioned anywhere.  I just met Deidre and Drake in LA over the weekend and it's made me that much more invested in the show.  Has anyone seen the fall preview yet?  They released it over the weekend at "Day Of Days" in LA, 

Edited by JarlenaFan2022
added something
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, JarlenaFan2022 said:

Not sure where to put this, but who's keeping up with the Marlena/Kate/Kayla orchid storyline? I can't seem to find it mentioned anywhere.  I just met Deidre and Drake in LA over the weekend and it's made me that much more invested in the show.  Has anyone seen the fall preview yet?  They released it over the weekend at "Day Of Days" in LA, 

So cool that you got to meet them :)

I'm not keeping up with the storyline because I think it's poopy but yes, I saw the trailer. If you have questions about it go to the Spoiler thread.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, JarlenaFan2022 said:

Not sure where to put this, but who's keeping up with the Marlena/Kate/Kayla orchid storyline? I can't seem to find it mentioned anywhere. 

There is a lot about it in the Days of Days, which you can find in the spoiler thread. It will be a big part of the upcoming show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

So the last time I saw Angelica she had dodged a plane crash with baby Alex and decided to send the baby to Justin and Adrienne to raise. I realize she was recast later and killed off but at what point did Alex have any time growing up with her?

• Love 1

So it sounds like Chanel’s prof was a semi predator who took up and charmed a bright, pretty, inquisitive student. Probably the one per year or semester type. Maybe Chanel was different, maybe she was like all the first year girls. His wife found out, lured her to her prof’s office rooftop and she lunged at Chanel and I guess fell. Sounds like self defense or an accident. The prof gets fired, develops a drinking problem and then dies. His daughter Sloane investigates his death, finds out things disappeared, and finds Chanel and proceeds to blackmail her mom for revenge. I assume she saw nothing wrong with her dad. Interesting story.

Johnny and Wendy arrive in Jakarta. Of course he has to take a shower and show off his bod to Wendy. Wendy is trying to cover her tracks and make like she is working from home.

Alex tells Stephanie about his mom Angelica.

Gabi and Stefan argue about her continuing to work for the company.

Ep also ran longer today as the show stopped at just over 57 mins with commercials.

• Love 5

So were we meant to be on Paulina's side today? Cause the story I got was that she covered up an accidental death by making the police call it a suicide, then victim blamed the wife for being angry she was being cheated on, then made a crack about how Sloane's parents were a 'lovely couple'.  Yeah her dad was a POS but her mom (mum? Were they British?) discovered an affair and was trying to defend her marriage. I am totally on Sloane's side for this. Always liked her and glad they are giving her some back story

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I get where they're both coming from personally. Although, Paulina was definitely making Sloane's mom out to be worse than she was but the woman did secretly lure Chanel to a rooftop and then lunge at her lol.

So far, I actually think this is one of Ron's best stories.

• Love 6

I found today's episode real frustrating. There were just a lot of little things that added up to frustrating me.

Nicole - I hate whenever the show says Nicole/Ava were best friends. This was never shown on-screen. The two were drinking buddies in the late 2000s. This was a time when Nicole had no one to share scenes with and Ava and RoboJohn were her main scene partners. The two were largely absent from each other's lives until relatively recently where they immediately became rivals over Rafe. I'm convinced the show is using TB's time as Taylor - Nicole's sister - to try to sell the Ava/Nicole "friendship."

I also rolled my eyes when Brady said that Ava was a crazy criminal and Nicole isn't. Nicole is literally a crazy criminal. Attempted murder, baby switching, framing Jennifer for a stillbirth, destroying evidence of a rape, infecting Chloe with a flesh eating virus, killing Deimos. We've actually seen Nicole commit more crimes over her 20 year history on the show than Ava. Nicole was also convicted of at least one crime, so she is literally a former criminal.

Eric - This Eric/Nicole/Jade storyline is going to infuriate me because it seems they want us to forget about Eric/Nicole/Sarah/Mickey. Sarah and Eric decided to stay in their respective relationships (Xander and Sarah / Nicole and Eric) and co-parent Mickey. So Nicole acting like Eric would leave her for a nuclear family isn't even logical by their relatively recent experiences.  Jada has clearly made it obvious that she's okay with a co-parenting situation with Eric - even is she's justifiably angry right now. She's basically saying she doesn't expect a relationship with Eric and knows he wants Nicole. Eric even stated the same thing in this episode. He said he's willing to give financial and emotional co-parenting support. Even though Nicole isn't privy to today's conversations, the experience with Sarah/Eric/Mickey lets her know that Eric isn't married to the idea of a traditional marriage and kids.

Also, was it brand new information that Eric believed he couldn't have kids? I don't remember this ever coming up before.

I hate when the show explains things that don't make sense, yet it still doesn't make sense.

Kristin -Kristin had some wonderful questions for Li today. Namely, why would Wendy care about Stefan/Rolf? I don't feel like that was sufficiently answered. Also, there was a good point about why is Li telling Kristin - another known crazy criminal about his sister. Again, the answer didn't make sense. Brady/Chloe broke up. I mean, that's true but wouldn't capturing Rolf also reveal that he and you have the plant and the cure for Marlena, which would ruin Kristin's blackmail. I know Li has a limited amount of people who can share scenes with when he's discussing his villainy, but I couldn't stop wondering why would he tell Kristin unless he wanted Wendy drugged and stashed away on an island for a year like Sarah. I wouldn't be shocked if Rachel starts wearing a Wendy mask this time next week.

Next, Gabi/Stefan. Gabi started off the episode knowing Chloe/Stefan were together. She outright calls Chloe Stefan's girlfriend. Later in the same episode, she's shocked to hear they are together. Chloe seems just as shocked as later she asks Stefan what are they. I also thought the dynamic between the three were weird. Gabi is super hostile to Chloe and Chloe seems like she's talking to a misbehaving Parker or Holly instead of a grown adult. While I thought it was a little hilarious that Chloe had a "wait until the temper tantrum is over and then engage" approach to Gabi, it was also weird that Gabi stayed so volatile. 

Rafe was super messy, gossiping busybody this episode. Granted, that's in-character for him, but I've never actually seen it written as in-character like today. The show usually presents Rafe as heroic even when he isn't. This episode the show seemed to let him be as messy and dramatic as he's always been without anyone singing his praises.

Lastly, does Rafe live in Maggie and Mickey's old home. I remember an interview a few years ago that the show redressed the set for Rafe's house, but I'm not certain if in universe it's supposed to be the same house. Since Rafe lives alone, I was thinking it's probably a good place for a family and Rafe could move into the inn. 

• Love 6

So Sloan Peterson's mother took an accidental flying leap off a tall building in London, did she? Huh.  And she didn't even say she loved her cheating husband, either.  Double huh.

And that trauma, confessed to Sloan on her father's deathbed is the reason she glides around Salem like she's got springs in her shoes and manages to speak without a trace of a British accent?  And threatens deadbeat clients with beatdowns. More huhs than I can now count....

Paulina of Price Town is such a big deal that she was able to squash a criminal case in England, prevent the British press from going with the story - because, I guess, the British press is so reticent to publish salacious stuff - but she chooses to break the story in the Salem newspaper and weekly ad circulator.  Paulina is apparently some sort of internationally threatening Chuckie Cheese.

Well, I'm gripped by both the pathos AND the bathos!  And whatever makes Sloan so bouncy bouncy when she walkie walkies.  

I'm almost as fascinated by this storyline as I am by Alex apparently being raised in a kennel with occasional visits from his handler aka mom Angelica when all this time we've been led to believe that Adrienne raised him as one of her own.

Storytelling just doesn't get better than this - unfortunately, at least, not on Days anymore.

Now, if there's an accident with Sloan's spring loaded shoes and she suddenly shoots into the stratosphere and begins orbiting the earth, I'll change my tune.

Till then, Sloanie, Cheerio and Pip Pip and here's hoping nobody else in her family ends up as a grease stain on the streets of Jollye OLde London Towne.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, boes said:

So Sloan Peterson's mother took an accidental flying leap off a tall building in London, did she? Huh.  And she didn't even say she loved her cheating husband, either.  Double huh.

And that trauma, confessed to Sloan on her father's deathbed is the reason she glides around Salem like she's got springs in her shoes and manages to speak without a trace of a British accent?  And threatens deadbeat clients with beatdowns. More huhs than I can now count....

Paulina of Price Town is such a big deal that she was able to squash a criminal case in England, prevent the British press from going with the story - because, I guess, the British press is so reticent to publish salacious stuff - but she chooses to break the story in the Salem newspaper and weekly ad circulator.  Paulina is apparently some sort of internationally threatening Chuckie Cheese.

Well, I'm gripped by both the pathos AND the bathos!  And whatever makes Sloan so bouncy bouncy when she walkie walkies.  

I'm almost as fascinated by this storyline as I am by Alex apparently being raised in a kennel with occasional visits from his handler aka mom Angelica when all this time we've been led to believe that Adrienne raised him as one of her own.

Storytelling just doesn't get better than this - unfortunately, at least, not on Days anymore.

Now, if there's an accident with Sloan's spring loaded shoes and she suddenly shoots into the stratosphere and begins orbiting the earth, I'll change my tune.

Till then, Sloanie, Cheerio and Pip Pip and here's hoping nobody else in her family ends up as a grease stain on the streets of Jollye OLde London Towne.

I love you Boes

• LOL 3
  • Love 3