Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

It would be a real shame if Kristen were to blow up at the memorial ...

Who at the DiMera staff thought that decorating the place with brown Christmas decorations was a good idea?

Like the ever-expanding Snyder farmhouse on ATWT, Jarlena's penthouse manages to hold multitudes.

The tears in Stacy's eyes were genuine.  That was a good scene.

Marlena and Johnny needed overcoats.  Marlena had one, but it was on her arm.

Does Basic Black only have one photographer?

• Like 3

Marcus Hunter was like a brother to Steve.  Jada and Steve and Kayla should be family but instead they have Jada hanging out with Kate???  Wtf.  Ron is a hack.   Why aren't Stephanie and Jada hanging out? Why isn't Kayla giving advice to Jada.  What was the point of making her Marcus's daughter. 
Ron is such a hack. 
Why is Johnny in this story with Ava? Why isn't it Steve, Kayla, Tripp and Joey. That's where the history is but instead we have this plot writing just to put Johnny vs EJ.   

Ron writes for the Dimera and Black family. Everyone else gets scraps 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Poor Sister Mary Moira being ravished and experiencing Brady’s forked tongue. I did laugh at that scene. 

Nicole - stay home and let Eric go way down and semi self destruct.  Sloane has a few tricks up her towel. He should be maybe ashamed that his 70 year old dad was wondering where his 40 some kid was and who didn’t come home.

Ava, too bad Johnny finally caught you. Why are you at the service?

Nicole was kind to accompany EJ to the funeral as his friend. When you get older, no matter how much it sucks, you can go to funerals. If Abigail died last week, I can see Chad not attending. He should be able to attend a service a few months later. I have had aunts and uncles die within 2 weeks of each other and everyone still went to the service.

Nice of Nicole to tell Marlena that her son may be in trouble and can use a call or visit. Uh… bad mom.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

The Brady/Black boys sure do love to assault people. Are we certain they aren't secretly related to KM's Abby?

Tripp reminded me of one of my high school students when he sits down, pouts and refuses to follow directions. I use my Dr. Evans voice on the student to get him to go to his next class, so I couldn't help but laugh during those scenes.

SH's acting confused me during her scenes with John. At some points she seemed to be remorseful, but at other points she was smirking like she was proud of her evil ways.

Poor Days couldn't even afford to show us the explosion.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't want boring ass Stephanie around Jada! Although, maybe Jada could make Stephanie interesting.

UO:  I liked Stephanie when she was with Nathan Horton.  Yeah, she kept him from finding out truths that could put him back with Melanie...but I don't care - Melanie was UGH!  To this day, I refuse to accept she is Carly's daughter.

• Like 5

I was all in with seeing Greg Vaughan almost naked on my screen, but just like you can have too much ice cream, it appears you can have too many sex scenes if they’re pointless and chemless.

I was hoping for more sparks from the pairing.

• LOL 3
5 hours ago, norcalgal said:

UO:  I liked Stephanie when she was with Nathan Horton.  Yeah, she kept him from finding out truths that could put him back with Melanie...but I don't care - Melanie was UGH!  To this day, I refuse to accept she is Carly's daughter.

I liked her best with Phillip personally but I agree with the rest of your post.

• Like 2

Tripp is just like his mother, this bomb is going to be EJs fault too? He's behaving horrible at Susan's funeral. His mother murdered her, kidnapped, held for ransom, committed fraud to to steal stocks, fraudulent marriage but everything is EJs fault for ordering her out of town instead of putting her in jail? Which he didn't do because of Johnny's obsession with her!

Johnny deserves a lot of blame more than EJ.  

• Like 6

The church has had a rough year. First the bell tower or whatever with the whole Tripp flying out the window and now a possible explosion. Hmmm, wonder if Eric will offer to help out.

Eric and Brady sure love to hit people. I did like Brady calling out Eric on his behavior - yeah, he is a dude but he should be more mature. Nicole was not to blame for Jada’s choice but is an easy target. If Jada does see how Eric is behaving, she probably would be thankful to see his other side and not have a kid with him.

Stefan, Brady probably forgot all about the opera tickets and maybe you could have asked him a week prior to the night of the show.

Dont know what John’s game is with Kristen. I agree that she did vacillate from some remorse to just enjoying being evil.

Maybe the church is being rented later, so get the service moving. Tripp, why blame it on EJ and maybe Nicole breaking up Ava and Rafe. Your mom and Rafe probably wouldn’t last and she has been having too many convos with your dead brother’s ghost.

And Johnny, you do deserve some of the blame for this by befriending Ava, knowing how unstable she can be.

Wonder if the church had any holiday decorations and some may end up in Horton Square.

Edited by Frozendiva
Autocorrect error
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2

I usually hate it when Brady punches somebody, which he used to do almost as often as Abigail got slap happy, but I would have been fine with that jackass Stefan getting a second punch to the stomach.  He was an utter asshole - again - and his rant against Brady was completely unprovoked and unnecessary.  Chloe looked like another asshole just standing by while it all happened.

Stefan's big plans to fly Chloe to the moon on what I assume is the company jet is pretty rich considering the dressing down he gave to Johnny and Wendy the other day about them using it for something other than "business".  I like BB, but that's not enough to make me care that Stefan is back among the living any more than it made me sad that Jake died.  But, at least Jake wasn't a raging jerk like Stefan is.

Edited by boes
  • Like 7
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, boes said:

I usually hate it when Brady punches somebody, which he used to do almost as often as Abigail got slap happy, but I would have been fine with that jackass Stefan getting a second punch to the stomach. 

This. I wish they'd get rid of BB. I liked him on GH but imo he's really never fit here and personally he started to give me the ick after I found out his fiance is much younger than him.

I'm so over everyone (including Nicole herself) acting like Nicole told Jada all the shit she did out of the goodness of her heart. Nicole was hoping she could convince Jada to abort the baby. Like, obviously lol. 

I wish they'd bring Tripp back and let him have some teeth/edge like he did in yesterday's episode.

I also think they should bring the Evan actor back as Sloane's brother.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Anybody else grossed out when John talked about playing baseball with Kristen and "the kids" and you know one of them was Brady?

Still think this board needs a vomit emoji, and this post is a perfect example as to why! (No offense meant, @brisbydog!)

• LOL 9
7 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Anybody else grossed out when John talked about playing baseball with Kristen and "the kids" and you know one of them was Brady?

I was grossed out. I always thought that Kristen should have gotten with Eric back in the day when they were scheming to break up Jarlena. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 1

It is soooooo weird seeing John butter Kristen up and play her friend and claim that he "gets her".

1) This isn't Kristen. Sorry SH but there's been too much shitty writing that has pushed the character waaay beyond the limits (he crippled John's son FFS!) and you're not the one with shared history with John. I get no pleasure seeing you share scenes together - and I should - so this...isn't working.

2) John already buttered Kristen up back when he was trying to keep her from marrying Brady. Remember him seducing her with apologies in the refurbished Secret Room? Fine, it was ten years ago but it was great stuff and I haven't forgotten. How could Kristen? His go-to is being sweet to her to help those he loves. She should know this is all BS, so seeing them play the scene like she honestly buys what John is selling is stupid.

....so why exactly did Ava set up a bomb at Susan's memorial? I've missed a few days of story.

And why kill her off a second time in two weeks if they both could have died in the car crash? What was gained narratively by doing it this way?

🤔

Wow there are a million characters in today's episode.

Also, that's some weak-ass dollar store bomb if it killed none of the 5 people standing around it.

If I worked at that hospital, I would not be comfortable with Xander Cook walking up to me and saying, "hey, help me with a secret plan!" That hospital is overrun with criminals killing and scheming.

Did Rafe say Nicole was "the most neurotic, disloyal person on the planet"...after being married to Sami???

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 12/16/2022 at 8:43 PM, Frozendiva said:

Stefan, Brady probably forgot all about the opera tickets and maybe you could have asked him a week prior to the night of the show.

Stefan just found out.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

....so why exactly did Ava set up a bomb at Susan's memorial? I've missed a few days of story.

And why kill her off a second time in two weeks if they both could have died in the car crash? What was gained narratively by doing it this way?

She wanted to kill EJ. She just really hates him, which I appreciate lol. But also, again, Charlie (the devil on her shoulder) was helping to goad her into it.

Ava didn't die in the explosion either. The woman has 9 lives!

• Like 6

Yeah, I posted that all before the episode ended. Can't believe she's still alive...or that Tripp was all "I'll stand by you Mommmm....!!" as he left the room. Dude, she just tried to blow everyone up at a memorial for a woman she attempted to kill. She's awful. Your loyalty is unearned.

• Like 6

The bomb sounded like thunder?

Brady, you got a lot off your chest by confiding in Eric that Kristen is blackmailing you. Is he good at keeping a secret?

Everyone survived the bomb, including Ava. They were lucky that two doctors were present. Tripp, you are way too loyal to your mother. She was hoping to kill several people. Only reason it failed was because of you.

The dastardly DiMeras we’re at least helpful to rescue Nicole from her church beam trapping her leg. And still both Rafe and Eric viewed her through her room window.

Poor Sarah. Can’t even enjoy her birthday cake.

Kristen wised up quick from John’s nice chat about having a fight with Doc. Well, she came home dirty and probably smelly, so what was he going to say.

The call to Rafe and Steve about the bombing sure was slow.

• Like 7

I am not sure what is happening with Ava right now, is she really delusional or is she just pretending so that she can claim insanity & not go to jail?  For being so close to a bomb, everybody seemed reasonably in good shape.  Why did Marlena go home instead of the hospital like everybody else?  Xander is 'safe", for the moment but what will Gwen want in return?!

• Like 5
2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I am not sure what is happening with Ava right now, is she really delusional or is she just pretending so that she can claim insanity & not go to jail? 

The way she was acting towards Xander made me think she was faking the psychotic break afterwards but we do know she was hallucinating Charlie for weeks and they showed her hallucinating him again so maybe it’s real. Probably depends on whether or not they decide to keep her around or not lol.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I am not sure what is happening with Ava right now, is she really delusional or is she just pretending so that she can claim insanity & not go to jail?  For being so close to a bomb, everybody seemed reasonably in good shape.  Why did Marlena go home instead of the hospital like everybody else?  Xander is 'safe", for the moment but what will Gwen want in return?!

I wasn't sure if she was faking or not, at first, but I don't think they would show the audience Charlie standing there in the hospital if we weren't meant to assume she was actually seeing him. That seemed like something for the audience's benefit.

• Like 5

Bye, Ava. Don’t come back for a long while. TB did do an excellent job, though.

So Stephanie has no one to spend the holidays with? All those relatives/cousins?

it was rough to see Bonnie and her PTSD scrubbing the rug?

Xander, you can admit the kidnapping. With Ava at Bayview, no one will believe anything.

Kayla is in Seattle with Joey? Missing a Brady Christmas?

• Like 4
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Also they've been trying to make the strawberries/whipped cream thing work for 30 years now for John and Marlena. Please stop. #TeamIzzyB

I think it's time for them to switch from strawberries and whipped cream to Activia and metamucil.

It works for me!

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Also they've been trying to make the strawberries/whipped cream thing work for 30 years now for John and Marlena. Please stop. #TeamIzzyB

Strawberries are out of season here and the ones we do get aren’t that great and are hugely expensive in the $7-10/lb range.  They are rich, so that is that. They do have other options.

• Like 4

Shut up, Kristen! God, she is batshit. She’s blackmailing Brady with Marlena et al’s lives and has the balls to say he should be grateful. 

Rachel is old enough that Brady should just sit her down and explain that in this life we don’t always get what we want. Some mommies and daddies just don’t belong together. Deal with it.

Well, well, well. I haven’t heard all the details yet but Eric’s plan sounds like the makings of a Sami plan. I’m definitely intrigued because, at first, I just assumed he was going to suggest Brady let Kristen believe he’s falling back in love with her. I was as surprised as Brady when he suggested “kidnapping” Rachel.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Shut up, Kristen! God, she is batshit. She’s blackmailing Brady with Marlena et al’s lives and has the balls to say he should be grateful. 

Rachel is old enough that Brady should just sit her down and explain that in this life we don’t always get what we want. Some mommies and daddies just don’t belong together. Deal with it.

Well, well, well. I haven’t heard all the details yet but Eric’s plan sounds like the makings of a Sami plan. I’m definitely intrigued because, at first, I just assumed he was going to suggest Brady let Kristen believe he’s falling back in love with her. I was as surprised as Brady when he suggested “kidnapping” Rachel.

Hey! And then maybe things go awry and Rachel bites it? (I do NOT normally advocate killing child characters, but it would be karma for Krazy Kristen, and then maybe Double K will then try to kill Brady and also end up dead - or in prison.)

But ANY of these options work better for me than Brady falling again for the beast BLACKMAILING him. Eff that mess.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3

I too am enjoying this version of the Nicole and EJ dynamic. I liked him asking her if she thought Ava was faking her mental health issues to stay out of jail. They both seemed relaxed with each other and if nothing more, good friends. No one has called Nicole a harlot?

Paulina should have saved her announcement til after the holidays. No one is paying attention to much of the news cycle. I was not surprised that the British police will not extradite Paulina and Chanel for what was most likely ruled an accidental death. No evidence for anything else.

Sloane got on her Santa sleigh real fast to go to Allie and Chanel’s apartment. I don’t believe that there was enough food to make any sort of meal.

The strawberries looked plastic and the whipped cream sure held together for a long time. I just don’t like a lot of food in bed. Too messy.

Kristin is sure trying hard and using Rachel to get Brady to marry her.

Eric did have a novel idea that left Brady stunned.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
18 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

ITA about Nicole & EJ...I was getting a kick out of them laughing at Sister Mary Moira's message to EJ & her comments about Nicole & then just feeling relaxed with each other.

I loved EJ in that scene.   Had the feeling that Dan wasn't really playing EJ, but that he was just being his real self.   

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

I'll bet that happens an awful lot on a show where the actors have about 20 minutes to memorize 20 pages of dialogue while their hair and makeup is getting done.

So...Ava's alive and in jail or something? 😒 I was teased a brutal death in a car crash...and she's still alive and kicking, even after a BOMB explosion? Come on Santa! I was good this year...

Kristen trying to use Rachel and this orchid to blackmail Brady into being with her is beyond...just beyond. I couldn't hate it more. It's just that lame. Kristen is pathetic in a way that's completely enraging. What'll she do next - grab his can of spray tan and hide it behind her back unless he kisses her?

Brady's storylines have suuuuucked for the last few years. I think the last time he was remotely interesting was when he was being awful to Ericole. I wonder what they'd do with him as a character if Kristen was off the show.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I know Brady is dumb as a baked ham but I hate watching him like this, he looks like an abuse victim every time Kristen does her veiled threats at him. And yet I still see people shipping them and thinking they are true luv. 

Loving this new iteration of Eric. Eeyore is finally gone and he has some fire in him.

• Like 11
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Loving this new iteration of Eric. Eeyore is finally gone and he has some fire in him.

Yes! This is the most I have ever liked Eric. Please keep him like this, Ron! And keep him away from Nicole lol.

I love Li so damn much. And the little Ariana actress is really good. I almost want Gabi/Li to survive after the reveal. I at least hope they don't dump Li.

We better see Wendy and Johnny on a fake date, dammit!

• Like 4
  • Love 3
On 12/21/2022 at 1:02 PM, brisbydog said:

It was really a Roman/Marlena thing but they turned it into John/Marlena just like Doc.

14 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'll bet that happens an awful lot on a show where the actors have about 20 minutes to memorize 20 pages of dialogue while their hair and makeup is getting done.

So...Ava's alive and in jail or something? 😒 I was teased a brutal death in a car crash...and she's still alive and kicking, even after a BOMB explosion? Come on Santa! I was good this year...

Kristen trying to use Rachel and this orchid to blackmail Brady into being with her is beyond...just beyond. I couldn't hate it more. It's just that lame. Kristen is pathetic in a way that's completely enraging. What'll she do next - grab his can of spray tan and hide it behind her back unless he kisses her?

Brady's storylines have suuuuucked for the last few years. I think the last time he was remotely interesting was when he was being awful to Ericole. I wonder what they'd do with him as a character if Kristen was off the show.

They would've put him in Nicole's orbit or bring on another love interest. A more interesting story would be if Brady realized he's addicted to women just like he's addicted to booze and delve into him seeing a shrink about his issues etc(preferably not Marlena) or they could've brought Tate back (without Theresa) and have Brady deal with an angsty teen. 

They need to show us another side to Brady beyond himbo love interest.  Having him deal with being a single parent etc would be full circle given how John raised him.

• Like 9

'Kristen DiMera raped and drugged me. I feel no obligation to show her any mercy.' YEEEESSSSS! I've always loved Eric, but I loved him today to the moon and back.

Brady hemming and hawing over the plan was so stupid. Did he seriously think Eric was suggesting a real kidnapping or that he would hurt his niece in some way? 

It's so obvious in all ways, but man, Kristen is an awful mother. Her token scolding of Rachel's disgusting rudeness to Chloe was awful. Does she think that if she continues to let Rachel get away with that kind of behavior it won't be turned against her at some point? The only positive I'll say about Rachel is the actress is a bit better than when she started. Still the Ariana actress is already better and more natural than her. 

I think the actor who is playing Li is growing on me a little more. It's too bad they're about to blow up him and Gabi because this is the most I've liked Gabi in ages.

I know I've heard that Days only gives the actors one take, but I didn't think it was literal or that there couldn't be exceptions. I swear in their last scene, Kate called Rex "Rick" (unless I completely heard that wrong.) I was like "who's Rick?" It took me a second to figure out who they were talking about.

• Like 6

Rachel is horrid child.   She needs a good talking too on how she behaves to Chloe. 

Arianna was another one basically slut shaming her mother naming all the previous men.

They took the blood in the middle of the restaurant with customers around?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Rachel is such an obnoxious child!  Yikes, her Grandparents need to talk to her about the reality of Life.  I like Arianna better, at least she apologized to Li & Then thanked him & hugged him for his nice gift.  Gabi & Li were cute together(today).  I like Li being a "nice Santa" :)   I like this new spicy Eric, no more mopey "Eeyore" sad-sack.   

• Like 10

Rachel is turning into the problem child whose behavior will be the subject of parent/teacher meetings. Time for mom and dad to introduce manners, not being obnoxious, and some discipline. Or she will turn into more of a monster.

Arianna was only slightly better. Li made a cute Santa. At least he is trying and sampling the cookies was a good move. Too bad he and Gabi are likely to implode. Salem weddings and all.

Stefan was a bit out of line with Wendy. Her dad has a lot of power in the company. He can be snoopy, but someone signs the expense claims and it is not him. I didn’t see Johnny’s gift as being to her taste.

Chloe gets a vacation? Yay! Enjoy NYC and Miami.

Guess no cast return for the holidays - Philip had a setback, Will is working, Lucas has a virus. Rex, you should take the blood upstairs.

I too enjoyed the not so nice Eric. in light of Kristen’s actions, she does deserve a comeuppance or more jail time. Kidnapping Rachel may not be the best idea, but there isn’t much in terms of options. Brady just needs to rent the Salem Brain.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Did they have any scenes with Holly ?

I don’t like the idea of kidnapping Rachael.  It just seems like a bad plan that will backfire and hurt Brady not Kristin.  
   Rachael is a brat.  She is Kristin’s daughter.  

• Like 3
14 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I know I've heard that Days only gives the actors one take, but I didn't think it was literal or that there couldn't be exceptions. I swear in their last scene, Kate called Rex "Rick" (unless I completely heard that wrong.) I was like "who's Rick?" It took me a second to figure out who they were talking about.

A couple weeks ago I was watching one of those lives that one soap youtube guy does with Melissa Archer and John Brotherton from OLTL and they were talking about how if you wanted to do another take you had to severely mess up because otherwise they're just gonna use it. And that was over 10 years ago so it's probably even worse now since soap budgets have been slashed even more, I'd assume.

1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Did they have any scenes with Holly ?

No. Also, it took me several minutes to remember who Holly was lol.

• Like 4

I really wish Stefan would go be dead again.

We had to listen to him chide Wendy AGAIN about the whole company jet thing, all the while, we know he's using the company jet to fly Chloe to New York and then on to Floirida for the holidays.  He's such a pain in the ass I hope he never regains his memories and stays stuck with Chloe, whose IQ couldn't power a refrigerator lightbulb.

Li was so good as Santa!  I know I'm supposed to think he's a villian but even if he is, he's one of the few Salemites I'm always happy to see.

• Like 5
  • Love 3