Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

You can sue for wrongful death if the incident occurred in another jurisdiction. Civil cases are very different than criminal. You sue where the party you are seeking the action against resides. Doesn't matter where it happened. Paulina & Chanel reside in Salem so that is the proper jurisdiction for a civil matter. Only questionable thing is the statute of limitations but that varies by state.

I am just catching up on a lot of these episodes. I may be in the minority but I can't stand Nicole. She is so self-absorbed. I am liking Eric & Sloan actually. 

Chanel & Allie annoy. No chemistry at all. Allie seems very possessive of Chanel.

Glad Brady told Eric about Kristen & what she was doing to him. So want to see her get what is coming to her.

Maybe the women are all in on what Kristen was doing & are all off getting medical care after they "died" then when Kristen is arrested they appear again after Dr. Rolf whipped up another cure.  I doubt it & am sure that Dr. Rold just brings them all back to life.

• Like 8
14 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

No, the three women you've seen are actually clones. The real women are on Melaswen and have been since October.

Honestly, since Ron has basically redone EVERYTHING Reilly did, I could see this crap happening.

Because Melaswen was such a hit the first time... /s

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2

Chad is a Dimera who forgives his siblings for how much? Kristen, EJ, his father. Yet what Alex did is so unforgivable? Chad and Stephanie can go at anytime. Sick of both. 

Chad's living with his kids in a house with Gwen and he's ranting about unforgivable?

• Like 8

I've seen nothing for the last few days, so I'm completely in the dark here but...where are the stakes?

If Kayla, Marlena and Kate knew they would all die, wouldn't they just plan to have someone inject them with the miracle serum..? I mean, Kayla was the one who let Rolfe work in the same hospital on the formula...and it's already been used on Will, Jack, EJ and Ava...

...sooooo...

I just don't see the issue here. Wouldn't Kayla say, "We're all dying? Okay, no biggie. Nurse? Please call the pharmacy and have them prepare three syringes and jab us the moment we flatline. Thanks! Okay ladies, see you at the Pub for dinner tomorrow night!"

Yeesh.

What kind of headwriter introduces a Back From The Dead serum and then tries to make the deaths of three veterans (who we know he wouldn't kill off) into some major dramatic plotline...?

The ladies could have been strangled, smothered, shot or dropped down an elevator shaft...and with one stab of the drug, bounced back with minor amnesia.

I don't see the stakes.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 7
19 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I've seen nothing for the last few days, so I'm completely in the dark here but...where are the stakes?

If Kayla, Marlena and Kate knew they would all die, wouldn't they just plan to have someone inject them with the miracle serum..? I mean, Kayla was the one who let Rolfe work in the same hospital on the formula...and it's already been used on Will, Jack, EJ and Ava...

...sooooo...

I just don't see the issue here. Wouldn't Kayla say, "We're all dying? Okay, no biggie. Nurse? Please call the pharmacy and have them prepare three syringes and jab us the moment we flatline. Thanks! Okay ladies, see you at the Pub for dinner tomorrow night!"

Yeesh.

What kind of headwriter introduces a Back From The Dead serum and then tries to make the deaths of three veterans (who we know he wouldn't kill off) into some major dramatic plotline...?

The ladies could have been strangled, smothered, shot or dropped down an elevator shaft...and with one stab of the drug, bounced back with minor amnesia.

I don't see the stakes.

There are none.

So, again, this is likely why the show is no longer on broadcast TV. Crap writing, crap lack of planning, crap everything.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

It would be shocking to write out three of the vets. Granted, budget cuts do happen and they may cut one or two of them - maybe DH wants to retire or whatever. They don’t want a streaming show and like folks watching during the day or record to watch during dinner. It would not be hush hush and then surprise! We have been holding this off because actress X wanted no publicity (said no actress ever).

There is nothing for me to invest in. Dr. Rolf will twist his braid and boom, they weren’t really dead and are having spa treatments. No one really stays dead dead in Salem and this just comes across as a cheap plot point and gimmick.

• Like 7
10 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

So, again, this is likely why the show is no longer on broadcast TV. Crap writing, crap lack of planning, crap everything.

I doubt that's why or else all the other soaps and many of the primetime shows would also not be on broadcast TV lol.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
5 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

It was pretty well documented last year that ComcastNBCUniversal was in desperate need to prop up Peacock.  That is what drove DOOL to become a Peacock Exclusive.  It was more of a "pull into Peacock" than a "push away from NBC" move.

That's what I always assumed as well. 

• Like 2

I finished the week’s episodes and liked the scenes between Rex and Lucas. It was nice to see different people together on my screen than the same old, same old.

Outside of those scenes, there was very little for me to care. Alex is a character from a bad era, Stephanie needs better scene companions for me to care, Chad the dad, Sonny and Will, blah, blah… (There are more characters I can stand but my fingers hurt…)

I skipped almost all of the dying and aftermath scenes. As many of you mentioned, I didn’t want to waste time and endure negative emotional energy to be told in a week or two that everything is back to normal. I don’t trust this show with my feelings and I’m angry that the people in power there think so very little of their audience.

A break might do me good. I’m counting on you guys to let me know when things are a bit more watchable.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

It was pretty well documented last year that ComcastNBCUniversal was in desperate need to prop up Peacock.  That is what drove DOOL to become a Peacock Exclusive.  It was more of a "pull into Peacock" than a "push away from NBC" move.

I didn’t hear about the bolded, but I watched something on YouTube comparing how each of the streaming services are doing and Peacock was dead last in number of subscribers (and thus, revenue).

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

I think Peacock's struggles is also a reason NBC considered getting rid of the 10 p.m. hour in its prime time lineup.  They didn't pull the plug...yet but I wouldn't be surprised to have it happen and move 5 of its prime time shows to Peacock.

• Like 4
On 1/14/2023 at 7:29 PM, Artsda said:

Chad is a Dimera who forgives his siblings for how much? Kristen, EJ, his father. Yet what Alex did is so unforgivable? Chad and Stephanie can go at anytime. Sick of both. 

Chad's living with his kids in a house with Gwen and he's ranting about unforgivable?

This is a clear example of the writers not knowing what to do with these characters. These three can disappear tomorrow and it wouldn't affect the show at all. And they could throw Leo and Gwen in there too.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

I forgot how much I hated CM's Will and his annoying ass smirk.

Chad/Steph/Alex and Gwen/Xander/Sarah are just never going to be the captivating triangles this show so desperately wants them to be.

I can't imagine Kate eating spaghetti and meatballs let alone making it.

Sloan is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
31 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I forgot how much I hated CM's Will and his annoying ass smirk.

Chad/Steph/Alex and Gwen/Xander/Sarah are just never going to be the captivating triangles this show so desperately wants them to be.

I can't imagine Kate eating spaghetti and meatballs let alone making it.

Sloan is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

I can actually believe Kate knew how to make it...when Billie and Austin were babies and she was married to Curtis.

I think once she had Lucas and went to work for Stefano as a high class call girl, and then eventually getting educated and moving up the corporate ladder, she never stepped into a kitchen ever again. Even when she lost everything after her divorce from Victor and ended up working as a waitress in a diner.

No way she taught Chad anything like cooking.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

It might have been a bonding moment for the sake of nostalgia.

...I'm just so sick of the writers doing these throwaway references to try and deepen relationships after the fact.

Look: we can do it too!

Did you know that Carrie taught Theo fly-fishing?

And Ciara taught Maggie how to twerk?

Ahhh, memories.

• LOL 3

Surprised that Kayla doesn’t have a mini chest freezer to properly store a pie. Save a few $ too. I can only see Kate with the spaghetti and meatballs when she was young or was working on the boat. Do not see her teaching Chad how to make that one dish. Or Stephanie finding the ingredients to make them without having to go to the store.

Steph is a bit tiring and has zero personality. Alex does have a shred of self awareness for today.

So Will eavesdropped and Sonny is now kicking Leo out of the house.

The Gwen/Xander/Sarah triangle is not working. Sarah will find out that Gwen really was trying to get him sober. The physical comedy was fun, but the dialogue…. Yeeeesh.  Sure, Bonnie, stepping back and getting some perspective will help Sarah. Right now, she is angry.

• Like 5

Lol, Kate taught CHAD to make spaghetti and meatballs!?! Maybe Lucas when she was a young broke single mom spinning off a relationship with an abusive husband and trying desperately to come up with the money to search for Austin/Billie.

I get that the show doesn’t care about Lucas. But that doesn’t mean that they can wantonly give memories that could only realistically be his to a character who didn’t know Kate until she was a rich scheming grandmother/businesswoman who only set foot in the kitchen if she was ordering around the chef or spying on someone.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Gabi is written like a 1990's Primetime Soap Opera Villainess. She really feels like she should be on Melrose Place or Models Inc., or Dynasty, or some other Spelling Production. I hate that turning her into a villain for Chabby ruined the character so completely. I also have no idea where the show is going with Gabi/Stefan. Something in the writing has changed for those two the past two weeks. There are rumors the actors don't get along in real life. I don't know if that's true, but it would explain the switch.

I hope the show is setting up a Who Killed Kristen storyline that sticks. It could actually be exciting since so many have legitimate beef with her, and some of these people's beefs go back literal decades.

• Like 11
58 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Gabi is written like a 1990's Primetime Soap Opera Villainess. She really feels like she should be on Melrose Place or Models Inc., or Dynasty, or some other Spelling Production. I hate that turning her into a villain for Chabby ruined the character so completely. I also have no idea where the show is going with Gabi/Stefan. Something in the writing has changed for those two the past two weeks. There are rumors the actors don't get along in real life. I don't know if that's true, but it would explain the switch.

I hope the show is setting up a Who Killed Kristen storyline that sticks. It could actually be exciting since so many have legitimate beef with her, and some of these people's beefs go back literal decades.

I think this is why a lot of viewers are pivoting towards Sloan. She's becoming an interesting character after they pulled her out of Alex's orbit.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I am soooooooo hoping that this will finally lead to the demise of Kristen. They are setting up a who's-the-killer story, which I hope is finally put into play. Even Ron has to realize that his fave is not ever going to be redeemable and will lose viewers, if they haven't left already. I want her dead-dead and not near Dr. Rolf. I don't care who kills her and I am guessing they will arrest the wrong person time after time (because that would be something new - NOT), but PLEASE just do it.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I hate that turning her into a villain for Chabby ruined the character so completely.

100% absolutely. Well said! 👏👏👏

And I'll add Lani in there too, the genius cop who left town rather than arrest Gabi when she admitted to rigging up Julie's pacemaker.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

That's too logical for this show plus given how they handled the "Who Killed Abby?" story .. yeah

Interesting about Brandon/Camilla I wonder where that comes from? They at least publicly appear to get along she congratulated him on his engagement etc. Then again they are actors but it seems that one doesn't need to go through the trouble of doing so either.

• Like 4
31 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

That's too logical for this show plus given how they handled the "Who Killed Abby?" story .. yeah

Interesting about Brandon/Camilla I wonder where that comes from? They at least publicly appear to get along she congratulated him on his engagement etc. Then again they are actors but it seems that one doesn't need to go through the trouble of doing so either.

I literally forgot all about the Abby murder mystery. I honestly was thinking of the Charlie murder "mystery" as the last one we've had. 

I mentioned Brandon/Camilla because an insider on another Days message board strongly hinted they do not get along behind the scenes several weeks ago. She mentioned them and compared them to what hurt the Cin dynamic behind the scenes. Because I don't think they're sleeping with each other, I assumed it meant they don't get along. I obviously can't confirm the comments, but I do think something has obviously shifted in the writing for Stabi.

• Like 3

Gabi, you may mean well but Marlena is in no position right now to de-program Jake. Selfish much? However, your hair did look fabulous.

Steve was clever to distract Kristen and plant a bug.

Hi Joey and Tripp. At least Tripp can catch up with Wendy.

Li, you and Rolf better be using burner phones. Someone will find him.

Steph, why are you lamenting to Joey about your love life?

• Like 6

The young man playing Li Shen makes me giggle...there is just something about him that is funny....so I loved the scene today where Gabi dumped the bucket of Ice on his head!  I burst out laughing at his face...he was smiling like he was enjoying doing the scene.  I like Gabi better with Li than with Stefan, Li understands exactly the type of woman Gabi is.  

• Like 7
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

The young man playing Li Shen makes me giggle...there is just something about him that is funny....so I loved the scene today where Gabi dumped the bucket of Ice on his head!  I burst out laughing at his face...he was smiling like he was enjoying doing the scene.  I like Gabi better with Li than with Stefan, Li understands exactly the type of woman Gabi is.  

This so much. I hope they've decided to pivot away from redoing Stefan/Gabi and hell maybe that they're even gonna try Li/Gabi again.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I literally forgot all about the Abby murder mystery. I honestly was thinking of the Charlie murder "mystery" as the last one we've had. 

I mentioned Brandon/Camilla because an insider on another Days message board strongly hinted they do not get along behind the scenes several weeks ago. She mentioned them and compared them to what hurt the Cin dynamic behind the scenes. Because I don't think they're sleeping with each other, I assumed it meant they don't get along. I obviously can't confirm the comments, but I do think something has obviously shifted in the writing for Stabi.

Interesting do you know which board that is? I think its different with them as I don't believe they have anything happening between them like Cin allegedly did.

23 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

It was forgettable so no surprise there. Ironically enough I forgot about the Charlie one(but at least having a murder mystery with him made more sense even if the execution sucked).

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Interesting do you know which board that is? I think its different with them as I don't believe they have anything happening between them like Cin allegedly did.

I DM'd you because I'm not certain if we can promote other boards here. I hope that's okay.

I really liked today's episodes. John/Brady was a highlight. I felt indifferent regarding Allie/Johnny. For me, the show has made a lot of unfortunate decisions regarding their relationship with each other and their individual relationships with Marlena. 

• Like 5
On 1/17/2023 at 12:22 PM, 4evaQuez said:

I thought she was supposed to be like a mix of Erica Kane and Dorian Lord, but they never gave her a Brooke/Vicki to play off of. I can see the Spelling vibe.  

• Like 5

Li is quite charming with Gabi. At least he can laugh with and at her. The ice bucket was funny. Plus he didn’t get angry and abusive.

Kristen wants to take Rachel away? Uh, Brady has custody?

I also enjoyed John and Brady.

So Steve can use the bug recording if Johnny signs off on it?

Chloe, choose yourself and don’t settle for either memorywipe Stefan or Brady.

Guess Jada still has possession of the Salem Brain.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Former Father Eric, may I also join you in a prayer?

Dear Lord - please grant the showrunners the wisdom and good taste they lack when referencing religion in this series purely for the sake of drama. It's beyond tacky and makes everyone, atheist or devout catholic alike, deeply uncomfortable.

"Hey guys, remember last Christmas, when we used the power of prayer to save grandma from the demon possessing her? Good times. Let us join hands in prayer again. Because that's that really what this equally ludicrous storyline needs to make even less sense. Then, after the praying, we'll jab her with the Anti-Death Serum and all go out for burgers, k? Who's with me!"

😑

...this show is making me really bitter, you guys. I can't seem to watch 5 minutes without needing a mental break. Kristen getting arrested again (FINALLY!) didn't even make me happy because A) there was Bonehead Brady giving her sad "maybe we can still make it work" eyes and B) the Salem Police will either make sure to let her out on purpose (hi Lani!) or the DA will cut her a plea deal or...some other inane bullshit will go down, like the Governor granting her a pardon or whatever.

Glad to hear they're pivoting away from Gabi and Stefan because, as I've been saying for months now, she's waaay more fun and has far better chemistry with Li.

Did EJ call the cops on Kristen when he saw them in the park? Is that how she got arrested?

• Like 5

I did enjoy seeing all the siblings together: Brady, Eric, Will, Allie...its not often that they have family members together in a scene.   I am Catholic and the praying scenes did not bother me, it seemed like something that Eric would automatically do.   I also got a kick out of little Rachel & her dialogue, her "Whatever" to her Mother was funny.   But, Rachel is going to need therapy when she grows up!

• Like 8
21 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I thought she was supposed to be like a mix of Erica Kane and Dorian Lord, but they never gave her a Brooke/Vicki to play off of. I can see the Spelling vibe.  

I think Abby was supposed to be the Brooke/Vicki to play off of. However that fell through. I guess they could've done it with Lani too if she was still around.

• Like 2

I'm glad to see that Li got his overcoat laundered and got the cookie crumbs off of it that Gabi threw at him.

Rachel doesn't stand a chance with a mother like Kristen.

Eric has no business talking about anger and righteousness.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I hope DH gets extra pay for all the scenes she has to play in a hospital bed.  I think we've seen far more of her in that bed over the past few years than we've seen of her in her office.  

Hospital should have a special name for when Marlena codes instead of plain old "Code Blue".  I think "Code Bullshit" would cover it.

I think everyone did a decent enough job around Marlena's impending doom this time, just as they've done the other half dozen death scenes she's had in the last five or so years.  I enjoyed today's show but I can't get worked up about it since there's no way it's gonna stick.

I hope that at least this time, she's dead long enough for John to have given away all her stuff and donated her clothes before she reappears.

I'm all for Kristen going to jail, but why couldn't they have let Rachel go on the run by herself?  I seriously do NOT like that kid.  Any reason she can't attend pre-school in the Dimera secret tunnels?

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
42 minutes ago, boes said:

I think everyone did a decent enough job around Marlena's impending doom this time, just as they've done the other half dozen death scenes she's had in the last five or so years.  I enjoyed today's show but I can't get worked up about it since there's no way it's gonna stick.

I hope that at least this time, she's dead long enough for John to have given away all her stuff and donated her clothes before she reappears.

Yes, everyone is crying and emoting all over the place and my reaction is *YAWN*  I am curious as to how they're going to bring back Kate seeing as she's already cremated (Roman must have the crematorium on speed dial to get that done so fast.)

Now I know why they need all those rooms at the DiMeara mansion, the Kiriakis mansion and the Black penthouse - they need the closet space to keep the wardrobes for everyone who's ever been presumed dead - sometimes for several decades!  

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, boes said:

Hospital should have a special name for when Marlena codes instead of plain old "Code Blue".  I think "Code Bullshit" would cover it.

Very well said...and you hit on the very reason I find all this offensive. There are actual cast members dying off on this show behind the scenes. Why are they scripting so many near-death experiences when there's clearly a need to prepare for some inevitable deaths anyway? They should save this kind of heavy stuff for when it's actually needed.

And if this show runs another 10 years - and who knows, it might - they're going to have to TOP this stuff if they ever kill off or write off Kayla, Kate or Marlena again. So why do this dry run?

That's always been a big problem with soaps - competing weddings and competing deaths/exits. Inevitably, if you do the event multiple times, there's one that's so terrifically well acted or scripted that it automatically renders any future attempts pointless.

If this was the best Marlena death - and how many have we had by this point anyway? - then that pretty much means killing her for real later on will be a letdown.

I'll be glad when we're past this and the ladies are all alive again, but mainly, I'm sick of the BS.

(...hmmmm...she died at the end of the original possession storyline, she was nearly killed after being shot at the wedding a few years ago, she was dead back when she reunited with John on the warf so she must have died before that...that's...three times? Making this number four?)

• Like 5
  • Applause 3