Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

I was thinking that since Eric was drinking, has said he doesn't believe anymore, and has had a drastic (and interesting) personality change, that HE would be the one to host the demon. But, now, maybe he is going to have to find his faith and save them all again.

And, does that mean that the real Susan is still alive? And that Kristen is sticking around? I was hoping they are setting it up for her to be killed, which they totally are, but might be teasing us.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 6
14 hours ago, RedElf said:

I know that Jarlena are TRULUV, but couldn't Show have spared a few moments for the Roman and Marlena love story?

My mom got me into Days waaaaay back in the day, and what hooked her into the show was Roman and Marlena.  I have vague memories of my mom writing a fan letter to Deidre and getting a poster of R&M!  

• Like 6
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Okay, spill the news. I missed the episode so all I know is that Susan was in heaven and wearing some kind of white southern dress? That's all I got from my friend who occasionally tunes in.

It was really the devil.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ahhh thank you!

Okay...so I guess the contact lenses are back. I should be happy that this means Susan might be alive but...really? The devil is now chilling in heaven, dressed as Susan?

liz-lemon-eye-roll-gif.gif?fit=500,180&s

And offering mock tails to the newly deceased who have only etheric bodies!

if you are looking for clips, try Twitter with the #days hashtag or YouTube.

• LOL 3

Another good episode.

I love Gabi and Wendy's friendship. There are no where near enough friendships on this show.

I hope EJ still drinks the poisoned drink. Stefan is finally interesting again. I was rolling over Gabi's facial expressions as she was getting up the gusto to knock him over the head.

I continue to enjoy Sloan and Sloan/Eric.

I have been very over Nicole lately but she was fun today with Stefan. Her hair looks so bad though. AZ always has the worst haircuts lol.

Tripp and Wendy are cute but I think I'd still rather they gave Wendy/Johnny and Tripp/Chanel a legit try.

• Like 7
8 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

And, unfortunately, it seems they're setting it up so that John and Marlena's GREAT LOVE will be the reason Kate, Kayla and Marlena all come back.  Yes, we'll once again be subjected to all the blather about how their love was the greatest, most intense, most lasting, most powerful love in all the history of the world - the only reason most of the people in Salem still exist is because of John and Marlena's GREAT LOVE.   

As you can probably tell, I really hate all that overly sentimental garbage.  I get that it's a soap and that it's going to revolve around people's relationships but I just hate that somehow, John and Marlena are  held up as an example of the greatest love of all time.  Somehow, no one will EVER be able to match THEM.

Well, I have never liked Doc/John together, so it's extra nauseating from that context. As I have said, during Doc's long absence, I think Drake Hogestyn sparkled with most of the women his Roman/RoJohn was paired with - MINUS Marlena.

Don't get them, never will, not sorry.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Well, I have never liked Doc/John together, so it's extra nauseating from that context. As I have said, during Doc's long absence, I think Drake Hogestyn sparkled with most of the women his Roman/RoJohn was paired with - MINUS Marlena.

Don't get them, never will, not sorry.

See, I never got John and Isabella. She was SO boring and had no chemistry with Drake. Even Drake said that he and Staci had “no heat”.

28 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

See, I never got John and Isabella. She was SO boring and had no chemistry with Drake. Even Drake said that he and Staci had “no heat”.

Okay.

Everyone has opinions. Something for everyone to love and hate.

And frankly, I don't care what an actor thinks as long as they do their job. Drake did. So...great.

• Like 3

Alli is the worst. Her grandmother is dead plus her other one, plus her aunt but she's just being a bitch about her personal life all over.

Johnny shouldn't have apologized, Tripp deserved it for defending his mom.  Kayla was more a mother to him he should be grieving not dealing with Ava.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, norcalgal said:

My mom got me into Days waaaaay back in the day, and what hooked her into the show was Roman and Marlena.  I have vague memories of my mom writing a fan letter to Deidre and getting a poster of R&M!  

The love story of Roman and Marlena was amazing.. Deidre and Wayne were hot together..  They still had the magic when they came back in 1991..

• Like 3

Allie, that was some petty bickering with Chanel. Emotions can do things to people. Maybe you are starting to check out. Nothing happened with her and Johnny. When you mature a bit, you will realize that you can have feelings for someone but don’t have a relationship. I can love several people but not expect any relationship with them. You may have your problems, but Chanel has them too.

Can’t really see Nicole caring too much about Sami but of course for Eric and Belle and Brady. Her hug with Eric was nice. They do have a long history and she acted like a friend.

I liked Gabi and Wendy.

I can see Tripp having some guilt for his bio mom and he is a young doctor, but Kayla has been a real day in and day out mom to him for a while. He kinda lost two moms.

Stefan, prepare the drugged drink before you serve it. Anyone can pick it up.

Enjoyed Gabi’s face as she was getting set to do the clonk. Hey, it used to work on old cabinet type tvs.

• Like 6
14 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

And, unfortunately, it seems they're setting it up so that John and Marlena's GREAT LOVE will be the reason Kate, Kayla and Marlena all come back.  Yes, we'll once again be subjected to all the blather about how their love was the greatest, most intense, most lasting, most powerful love in all the history of the world - the only reason most of the people in Salem still exist is because of John and Marlena's GREAT LOVE.   

I was always on Sami's side once she saw John and Marlena going at it on the conference table. I never thought it romantic or sexy, and was just disgusted that Marlena cheated on her husband with John who has been a widower for less than 6 months of young wife that died of cancer after giving birth to his son.

I know the show try to say that they were longing for each and had to accept they couldn't be with each other and go back to their spouses (Roman and Isabella), but um NO. John as Roman lost Marlena years ago, and he moved on and fell in love several times. And Marlena died thinking John was Roman and then finally got back her real husband when she came back from the dead herself. 

Marlena's love for John was initially because she grew closer to him while treating him, having the hots for him and then finally realizing that he was her beloved husband.

John's was drawn to Marlena because Stefano implanted all of Roman's memories and feelings for Marlena including Roman's pet name for her and their thing with strawberrries.

I saw WN's Roman with Marlena and just loved everything about them.

I never understood or cared for John and Marlena. And the hundreds of wedding and renewal ceremonies and hospital bed death vigils ISN'T going to change how little their romance means to me. 

Edited by nilyank
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I'm sort of meh on them so it's not like I actively dislike them or their relationship, it's more that they still act like soppy teenagers around each other.  Like "Our LOVE is meant to be" and acting like somehow theirs is the greatest love that ever was.

I'm old and have been married forever but if Mr. Cat ever said something along the lines of "just remember our love" or "our love will give you the strength" I would know that it is definitely time for his first geriatric evaluation.  Of course, I'm also the person who has told him if he ever says something along the lines of "you're the strongest person I know" (a phrase I really hate) I will show him just how strong I am by hitting him with a very hard object - preferably the oh so cliche shovel everyone always seems to have handy.

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

The time I most liked Jarlena best as a couple was in Aremid. I was pulling for them hard back then and was truly happy for their big wedding a few years later. There was a letter written by John—stolen by Kristen of course— in which he told Marlena that she’d been in love with other men and he’d been in love with other women but she had a hold on his heart. I appreciated that John was able to acknowledge their other loves without cutting them down because his love for Marlena could stand on its own, unthreatened.

But it seemed like that’s changed over the years. Theirs is now so much the twuest wuv that ever wuved that all other loves must be forgotten or rewritten as monsters (I’m a bit salty about the Diana thing). Now that they’re a greedy steamroller destroying everything in their path, demanding to be the center of attention always, I don’t look forward to seeing them. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I'm sort of meh on them so it's not like I actively dislike them or their relationship, it's more that they still act like soppy teenagers around each other.  Like "Our LOVE is meant to be" and acting like somehow theirs is the greatest love that ever was.

I'm old and have been married forever but if Mr. Cat ever said something along the lines of "just remember our love" or "our love will give you the strength" I would know that it is definitely time for his first geriatric evaluation.  Of course, I'm also the person who has told him if he ever says something along the lines of "you're the strongest person I know" (a phrase I really hate) I will show him just how strong I am by hitting him with a very hard object - preferably the oh so cliche shovel everyone always seems to have handy.

So true! My husband & are are not the romantic types and I find most of it silly. I always think to myself; Marlena must be getting the max hormone therapy to be that horny so many years after menopause. 

• LOL 7
32 minutes ago, rcc said:

The best part today was the Nicole/Eric hug. The other part was Allie getting impatient while Chanel was pouring her cereal. Lol

That stupid container (are they buying all their cereal at Costco in extra large boxes that they need such a huge cereal container?) wouldn't last more that 1 day at my house - doesn't look convenient at all.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Perfect and perfectly hilarious post, DaphneCat!  It encapsulates exactly why those two get my eyes twitching every time the goo starts oozing.  And enough with the chocolate covered strawberries, too.  

Also, while DH seems to give it his all, Dierdre seems mostly zoned out, like she smoked some of the good stuff right before (all) of her scenes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 4

Re: Marlena ethereal arrival with "Susan" scenes

What the hell (no pun intended) did I watch? 🤯  In fairness, I saw the Twitter clip first. Said to my 12-year-old, "I think I have to see this." Little Peanut replied, "Oh we can't not watch that craziness."  Several minutes into the scene and Marlena is still confused where she is and Little Peanuts says, "Seriously Marlena, put the pieces together."  I agreed, Doc was pretty dense. Then again, if I was greeted at the Pearly Gates by the woman who puked on my floor I might also be a little baffled about where I was too, clouds and all white not withstanding. Of course, I questioned if they actually were supposed to be in heaven, cause you know, the devil with buck teeth isn't usually something you expect to see there either. (On a side note, Ron might want to adjust the old devil voice distorter, Susan-devil's laugh still sounded a lot like Kristin's.)  Little Peanut feels most of the Salemites should probably be in hell for one or twenty of the infractions they've probably committed in their multiple lifetimes anyways. Or because it would just be fun to see their sanctimonious heroine and hero asses there.  And while I sat there trying to figure out where Doc and the devil were supposed to be and where this whole mess is headed, I thought once again that surely when some NBC exec saw this storyline a few months ago they said "RIP the once great Days of our Lives," and the move to Peacock deal was sealed. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 7
6 hours ago, rcc said:

The best part today was the Nicole/Eric hug. The other part was Allie getting impatient while Chanel was pouring her cereal. Lol

OMG THEY HUGGED!?

I miss all the good stuff.

2 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

What the hell (no pun intended) did I watch? 🤯  In fairness, I saw the Twitter clip first. Said to my 12-year-old, "I think I have to see this." Little Peanut replied, "Oh we can't not watch that craziness."  Several minutes into the scene and Marlena is still confused where she is and Little Peanuts says, "Seriously Marlena, put the pieces together."  I agreed, Doc was pretty dense. Then again, if I was greeted at the Pearly Gates by the woman who puked on my floor I might also be a little baffled about where I was too, clouds and all white not withstanding. Of course, I questioned if they actually were supposed to be in heaven, cause you know, the devil with buck teeth isn't usually something you expect to see there either. (On a side note, Ron might want to adjust the old devil voice distorter, Susan-devil's laugh still sounded a lot like Kristin's.)  Little Peanut feels most of the Salemites should probably be in hell for one or twenty of the infractions they've probably committed in their multiple lifetimes anyways. Or because it would just be fun to see their sanctimonious heroine and hero asses there.  And while I sat there trying to figure out where Doc and the devil were supposed to be and where this whole mess is headed, I thought once again that surely when some NBC exec saw this storyline a few months ago they said "RIP the once great Days of our Lives," and the move to Peacock deal was sealed. 

Peanut sounds adorable and bless their heart for sitting through this show :) Be sure to give them other more challenging media to digest.

• LOL 5

Another fun episode. 

Gabi and Stefan were a hoot. I still don't want them back together but they were so fun today and BB was a riot.

I'm kind of over EJ/Nicole tbh. Still into Eric/Sloan though.

Chanel and Johnny don't really have any spark anymore. I wish they weren't doing a redux of them.

• Like 5

Gabi and Stefan were fun.

Too bad he got clonked before EJ was supposed to drink the drugged mimosa. How did Gabi drag him to the wine cellar room?

Do we need to see Allie walking Into the Kiriakis living room to spot shirtless Alex working out? No real interest in a Johnny/Chanel reunion.

Nicole has known Eric for over 20 years and yeah, Sloan, you are a little catty and out of line. She probably enjoyed it.

EJ, Nicole is I’ll and you should not be taking advantage.

Wonder who Gabi was calling at the end. Li? Rolf?

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
14 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

That stupid container (are they buying all their cereal at Costco in extra large boxes that they need such a huge cereal container?) wouldn't last more that 1 day at my house - doesn't look convenient at all.

Not like they can advertise a cereal brand. I have a cereal plastic container that normally fits an average size box of cereal and fits inside my cupboard.

• Like 4

For me, this is the most I’ve liked Allie since she was the devil lol. And honestly I’m kind of on her side.

Sloane continues to be an absolute delight. Finally someone doesn’t fall into the weird clam chowder obsession in Salem!

I skipped most of the EJ/Nicole scenes. They’re just not working for me anymore and I’m not quite sure why.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Roman is a jerk. Abe is my best friend so his wife illegally covering up a suspicious death and letting two people think their mother was a suicide is A-ok. I am so team Sloane. I'm ok with new Eric too but I'd kind of love to see Sloane with Xander. I'm over judgey Sarah and desperate Gwen

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Allie, you are turning into mini Sami, but without the charm. Johnny knows you very well. Good for Chanel for leaving and getting some space.

Johnny, are you really going to take Wendy out on a date? Or will Tripp take a shiner to her?

Gabi, you are smart to find the burner phone and track Dr. Rolf.

I did like EJ with Nicole today. He actually was sort of a good man. Turning down her advances, taking care of her when she vomited. At some point, someone will figure out that she drank a drugged mimosa.

Too bad Sloan couldn’t say that she had a shellfish allergy. No, Roman, not everyone likes clam chowder, especially for breakfast. Eric could have made some more pancake batter. She is enjoyable.

• Like 9

I am enjoying this new version of Eric, instead of mopey, sad=sack Eric, we have spicy, energized Eric :)  For me, Eric & Sloan have chemistry & she makes him more interesting.  I liked the fact she did not like Clam Chowder & was not afraid to tell Roman what she thought about his soup, she was not going to pretend just so Roman would like her.  Eric seemed to like the fact that Sloan stood up to his Dad.  And Sloan is brutally honest in stating why she is doing what she is to Paulina & Chanel.  Meanwhile, I appreciated EJ being a gentleman with Nicole who was clearly 'loopy", but Wow: Nicole had some Cleavage in that dress!

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
17 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Roman is a jerk. Abe is my best friend so his wife illegally covering up a suspicious death and letting two people think their mother was a suicide is A-ok. I am so team Sloane. I'm ok with new Eric too but I'd kind of love to see Sloane with Xander. I'm over judgey Sarah and desperate Gwen

That would actually be a nice match she won't have the moral hangups that Sarah does and isn't as pathetic as Gwen is.

3 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

Is Allie supposed to be nice?  She's always acting like such an asshole, and not in a fun way.

I don't think the show has any idea what they want to make her as(like they do with most characters) however I figured she was meant to be the good twin while Johnny was the bad one. Yet I think the complete opposite of these two.

Plus she's a Horton female they aren't allowed to be bad or considered bad(Julie was the surprising exception but that was a different era).

• Like 6
14 hours ago, Artsda said:

Allie is finally her mother's daughter. Johnny was totally spot on about her. 

21 minutes ago, nilyank said:

When she was introduced, they claimed that Allie was a lot like Sami with her stubborness and headstrong ways.

I

I honestly don't think Allie is anything like Sami, which I'm quite happy about. I prefer characters to be written based on their own characterization and the strengths of the actors/actresses playing them. Being the "next Sami" is partly what ruined the recast Will. Being the "next Sami" is how Theresa was introduced and possibly led to her clocking John upside his head with a fire poker. Being the "next Sami" were people's hopes for LB's Ciara. I have a Sami. I don't need a "next Sami;" I need dynamic characters in their own right.

I find Allie headstrong, but I actually don't find her stubborn. Personally, I think headstrong is a WN's Roman character trait. I find Allie, Sami, and Carrie all headstrong. Even Josh's Roman can be headstrong. Allie actually is willing to listen to reason in a way younger Sami never was. I actually do think the more recent depictions of Sami is less stubborn.

Allie is also bitchy - as someone said earlier - but she's not selfish, destructive or vindictive like Sami.  She's also a lot more direct in her initial interactions unlike Sami's scheming. Allie makes it quite clear when she's happy with you, when she's not, and her attacks on Johnny and Chanel have been quite direct and unambiguous. She's not lying, plotting, or scheming, or going around town announcing to the world Johnny and Chanel's every transgression like Sami would. Allie is already more mature than 20 something Sami was and even current Sami is.

I really dislike the Allie/Johnny sibling rivalry. I don't think the actors have good sibling chemistry, their arguments sound like Ejami vs Lumi fan forums battles instead of people who shared a womb, and I still don't think Johnny is well-defined enough outside of EJ's son and Dimera heir to make him a suitable sparring partner for Allie. I also wish the majority of their relationship didn't seem to hinge on Chanel.

The current storyline with Sloan and the Sami Brady twins really make me dislike Chanel as a character.

18 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I don't think Sloan/Xander would be a good pair. We haven't seen Sloan do anything actually villainous yet. She's used the judicial system to try to get Paulina and Chanel to pay for crimes they've actually committed. She also was mortified that Eric included her in his kidnapping scheme with Rachel and was concerned about being disbarred. So far, while not the kindest person on cast and no paragon of virtue, Sloan has shown more of some semblance of a consistent moral compass than either Sarah - who I don't like but don't find to be judgmental at all - or Gwen.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

And Sloan is brutally honest in stating why she is doing what she is to Paulina & Chanel.

I also really liked that she refused to accept any sort of "slut shaming" from Nicole.  She was like, "My sex life is my sex life and you don't get to cast ANY judgement on it."

• Like 4
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, DisneyBoy said:

...come again?

Sloan complained that her pancake was cold. Eric offered to microwave it. She passed, and told him she didn’t want a rubbery pancake. Then he came up clam chowder. Not hard to take a half cup of pancake mix and add some water, and pour some on the griddle. A hot fresh pancake in 5 minutes.

• Like 3
  • Love 1