Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

51 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I also believe this is what they should've done tbh only blood relatives

Technically, this means Sarah, Melissa, Mackenzie, and Nathan wouldn't get ornaments since they're not "blood relatives" to Alice and Tom. Something tells me Mickey would have an issue with treating his children and grandchildren like unwanted second-class citizens because they're not blood relatives. Does Mickey even deserve an ornament since he can't keep the blood line alive since blood seems to be so important to family?

I do think some of the ornaments seems unfairly or unjustly doled out. I never felt Daniel should have an ornament since he was Maggie's kid, but I remember him getting one. I also don't think Victor should have one. However, neither was integrated into the bigger Horton family like Maggie was.

But I guess that brings the question of what "family" is. I mean should Maggie and Laura and Doug not have ornaments since they are not blood relatives even though they've spent literal decades in the family. Maggie and Laura feel just as core to the family as Bill and Mickey.

Ben, on the other hand, does deserve one. He's currently married to a Horton and the Horton he "killed" was his best man.

I also think like family is complicated the ornaments became complicated as to who got them. I remember a young Chase getting a Horton ornament because he was Hope's stepson. I mean it would be quite cruel to bring a young Chase to a family Christmas party and say you can't get an ornament because you're not family but your stepsister does. Granted, teenage Chase is problematic, but I'm certain they got rid of his ornament the same way they must have gotten rid of ornaments for other exwives, exhusbands and former stepchildren.

I also have some complicated thoughts as I don't think Chad feels like a core Horton like Maggie or Laura do. So I wouldn't be okay with Stephanie, for example, getting a Horton ornament if they got married.

As for Gwen, I have no interest in seeing her get a Horton ornament. However, I wouldn't be shocked if the show does a redux of Hope/Chelsea and has Jennifer give Gwen a Horton ornament as a symbol of Jennifer forgiving Gwen and officially welcoming her into the family. I didn't like it with Chelsea. I wouldn't like it with Gwen, but I suspect that's where the show is heading.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

Oh boy....hard to see the last of John today 😞 What did his last words end up being as Victor? I didn't expect him to vanish before the last scenes.

Well, at least we got the "we're lucky" anniversary scene a month or so ago.

They really should have planned ahead for his passing and resolved his storylines.

Anyway, Sonny being contorted into Leo's friend/future lover is awful. Good for Victor calling him out. It just sucks that Will finally has a good scene partner again and now they'll be torn apart.

Xander playing Santa at the hospital? Really? What happened to Steve and Kayla doing it?

And why the hyper religious reading in a hospital space where kids could be from different religions? How was that even a fun story for them? They're sick FFS - get 'em laughing!

Overall a decent episode. The walls are closing in for Xander in an entertaining way.

...but Alex and Stephanie? No. Painful.

The tribute to JA was a bit jumbled, but sweet. He had fantastic delivery. I wonder how they'll write Victor out.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Have Kleenex ready for the end of today's show...it's a beautiful compliation of John's scenes throughout the years, and then ends with a scene of his yacht "Victor" and him standing on top.  I love the scene, too, of him & Maggie..I loved the sweetness of their relationship.  But, we also got some of those Victor "Bon mots" while he was talking to Leo...like he needed to go back to Whoville & he was wearing 'baby jam jams" , LoL....good to the end.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

Lost it during the scene with JA and SR saying how lucky they were. We were lucky we had him for so many years on this show. Victor always had the best lines and JA always delivered them brilliantly.

• Like 8

I haven't been watching since the move to Peacock, but did see the John Aniston tribute, and it made me cry.  Particularly the scene with Victor and Stefano.  Two great actors the show was lucky to have for so many years.

• Like 10
4 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

As for Gwen, I have no interest in seeing her get a Horton ornament. However, I wouldn't be shocked if the show does a redux of Hope/Chelsea and has Jennifer give Gwen a Horton ornament as a symbol of Jennifer forgiving Gwen and officially welcoming her into the family. I didn't like it with Chelsea. I wouldn't like it with Gwen, but I suspect that's where the show is heading.

HELL NO. (Addressed to TIIC, not you, @4evaQuez!)

5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I also believe this is what they should've done tbh only blood relatives

As said above, that doesn't work, because Sarah and Melissa Horton are not "blood" Hortons, but they are Mickey's children as much as blood Horton children are to Addie, Bill, etc.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Technically, this means Sarah, Melissa, Mackenzie, and Nathan wouldn't get ornaments since they're not "blood relatives" to Alice and Tom. Something tells me Mickey would have an issue with treating his children and grandchildren like unwanted second-class citizens because they're not blood relatives. Does Mickey even deserve an ornament since he can't keep the blood line alive since blood seems to be so important to family?

I do think some of the ornaments seems unfairly or unjustly doled out. I never felt Daniel should have an ornament since he was Maggie's kid, but I remember him getting one. I also don't think Victor should have one. However, neither was integrated into the bigger Horton family like Maggie was.

But I guess that brings the question of what "family" is. I mean should Maggie and Laura and Doug not have ornaments since they are not blood relatives even though they've spent literal decades in the family. Maggie and Laura feel just as core to the family as Bill and Mickey.

Ben, on the other hand, does deserve one. He's currently married to a Horton and the Horton he "killed" was his best man.

I also think like family is complicated the ornaments became complicated as to who got them. I remember a young Chase getting a Horton ornament because he was Hope's stepson. I mean it would be quite cruel to bring a young Chase to a family Christmas party and say you can't get an ornament because you're not family but your stepsister does. Granted, teenage Chase is problematic, but I'm certain they got rid of his ornament the same way they must have gotten rid of ornaments for other exwives, exhusbands and former stepchildren.

I also have some complicated thoughts as I don't think Chad feels like a core Horton like Maggie or Laura do. So I wouldn't be okay with Stephanie, for example, getting a Horton ornament if they got married.

You do bring up valid points I guess I should clarify I think those who contributed to the family tree should be included. That would exclude Victor(but Ben did have a child with Ciara so clearly that doesn't work either lol)

I think the tribute etc could've been way better. How is Isabella not included? Lack of Bo as well.

Should've had the scene where Caroline reveals to Bo that Victor is his father with him right there.. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Should've had the scene where Caroline reveals to Bo that Victor is his father with him right there.. 

I did not see the show today. Did they include the Miami storyline and the Greece storyline. Both stories were centered on Victor and his villainy at the time.  The Miami storyline was about his obsession with Kim his criminal empire and the Greece storyline was about how Victor's brother  Alexander was killed and how that affected him and Justin. Not to mention he used that opportunity to hurt Adrienne..  Victor was really cruel to Adrienne. He was truly a bastard..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 4

Stephanie and Alex K. was a bit painful to watch. The story needs to be less forced. So what if she didn’t have a tree?

I liked Xandy Claus. Paul Telfer did a good job. 

No Bonnie, one session is not going to fix your PTSD. 

Folks finally figured out that Rednax is Xander backwards? Gwen is going to call up her friend Maeve? Rafe and Jada put together that the fabric sample was part of the clown’s attire? No evidence to support their hypothesis. Anyone could have dropped a piece of fabric in the warehouse.

Hi Will. Nice to see you.

The Aniston tribute was nice. A good sendoff for him, along with a bit of Hamlet.

• Like 6

I will die on that hill that Alex/Stephanie are gross since they are COUSINS. They once had a discussion about a recipe from "Grandma Jo".

If you share a grandmother, blood or not, YOU SHOULD NOT BE SCREWING/THINKING OF SCREWING!

Give Stephanie a love interest that is NOT A FAMILY MEMBER.

And my rant goes for past ickiness with Max and whatever NIECES he dated.

Again, GROSS.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
8 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I did not see the show today. Did they include the Miami storyline and the Greece storyline. Both stories were centered on Victor and his villainy at the time.  The Miami storyline was about his obsession with Kim his criminal empire and the Greece storyline was about how Victor's brother  Alexander was killed and how that affected him and Justin. Not to mention he used that opportunity to hurt Adrienne..  Victor was really cruel to Adrienne. He was truly a bastard..

There was a very brief scene of him with Caroline, but for the most part it was mainly his one-liners.  I wish they had shown more with Caroline and Bo, but it felt like they were trying to forget how evil Victor was when he first came to Salem.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I do think it would be nice. If whenever  one of the core actors pass away, we went to an entire half an hour as a tribute, evil or not. And Victor was mostly evil.. Although some of his lines are funny, I found a lot of them very misogynistic and insulting and cruel. I love seeing the older clips. 
on another note, yes Alex & Stephanie are gross. And it doesn’t help that I can’t stand either actor. And I’m using the term very loosely when it comes to Stephanie. Also, please sound engineers, please! The  kissing, smooching  noises are turning my  damn stomach🤮

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I was surprised that the In Memoriam montage didn’t include more scenes w/ PR. To me, Victor’s relationship to Bo was his anchor but my memory isn’t great. I enjoyed the quick clip of his “I Dos” and especially his scene w/ Joseph Mascolo - the good old days.

JA’s delivery was great in his last scenes and the quips were good. The character’s misogynistic lines in the past years were awful though.

• Like 9

I'd hate to see Victor's legacy as a character reduced to that "anybody order a hooker?"  quip with Eve that wormed its way into almost every tribute.

I know the line was well-delivered. I know KDP was a strong enough acting partner to reflect the line. I know KDP was a somewhat strangely chosen recast many many years after the original Eve storyline. I know Eve did a gazillion terrible things in her life. I know that she fell in love with her pimp back in the day.

But.

Eve was fifteen years old when she hooked. She was literally a sexually exploited child. She was thousands of miles away from the adoptive parents who raised her and was afraid that if she approached her biological father he would reject her over the behavior of her presumed biological mother. She prostituted herself because she, in her adolescent mind, saw it as the only way to obtain food and shelter until she was able to ingratiate herself to Shane.

Hooking led to physical abuse at the hands of her clients. Hooking led to the stillbirth of her half-sister. Hooking led to her classmates betting on whether they could get her into bed and Eve's nearly successful suicide attempt.

But yes, isn't it funny for Victor to taunt her about her childhood abuse decades later?

Victor did many more interesting, exciting, and brilliant things in his life-- both good and bad-- than take potshots at a sex abuse survivor.

• Like 4
  • Applause 7
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

The show should have shown Victor with his CHILDREN, too. Bo AND Isabella.

What we got was nice, but it could have been so much better.

Yeah we got flipping Ciara but no Bo or Izzy B. That was annoying 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
15 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Give Stephanie a love interest that is NOT A FAMILY MEMBER.

And my rant goes for past ickiness with Max and whatever NIECES he dated.

I think it should become a running joke at this point. Bring on Justin and Adrienne's adopted twins and let her get in a love triangle with them. Then let her get with Frankie Brady and his never before mentioned son. Then bring a SORASED Grace Brady back from the dead and put Stephanie in a same-sex relationship with her.

Maybe it can be one of those wacky Halloween episodes that RC sometimes writes.

Edited by 4evaQuez
  • LOL 7

I just finished Monday and Tuesday's episodes.

LG's Sarah reminded me of who she was when she was first introduced to canvas. Mean, quick to conflict, aggressive, accusatory, and quick to escalation. I loved it. That was the Sarah I thought had a lot of potential as a future core character and continuing the legacy of Horton women as leading characters. I'm not certain what happened to LG recently, but I hope she keeps it up.

I'm not a Will&Sonny fan, but I wish the show could actually invest in the two again. Leo is not a viable "villain," antagonist, or love interest for either. If the Will actor can't commit to the show then the show either needs to ship them off for a happily ever after or recast Will. I also hope they could get rid of Leo for good. 

I like the new Sonny more than the old Sonny. I despised old Sonny. However, new Sonny is so whiney and childish that it's hard not to think he should be a part of the nonexistent teen cast. His standing up to Victor honestly felt like a teenager who wants to use the car for the weekend after not filling up the tank the last weekend he used it. Nothing about this Sonny comes off as adult, to me.

The Carver twins looked terrified during the happy birthday song.

• Like 4

I did like Alex K. and Stephanie giving up their romantic night to spend it playing games with Chad. He could use a few laughs and some fun as a distraction for a very difficult and lonely holiday.

I liked Sarah taking Xander to task. She was right. He did try but he did some crappy stuff. At least it out in the open now. Interesting to see if she decides to divorce him or they move past his misdeeds. Gwen, don’t get too hopeful.

Bonnie, a man doesn’t only lie because he is having an affair.

So, Will, you come back and your husband is being kind to a friend who he has obviously forgiven. The show does need to do something with Will and Sonny. It is just the same old recycled plot of Will surprises Sonny.

I forgot it was birthday time for the twins. They did not look excited or happy.

• Like 6
6 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I think it should become a running joke at this point. Bring on Justin and Adrienne's adopted twins and let her get in a love triangle with them. Then let her get with Frankie Brady and his never before mentioned son. Then bring a SORASED Grace Brady back from the dead and put Stephanie in a same-sex relationship with her.

Maybe it can be one of those wacky Halloween episodes that RC sometimes writes.

Thank the soap gods that the Johnson family doesn't have a Christmas ornament tradition like the Hortons because that tree would collapse in shame if your suggestion were ever to come to pass.

5 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

The Carver twins looked terrified during the happy birthday song.

Didn't they just??!  They seemed mostly terrified when Paulina was hovering over them and then responded slightly better to Eli.  I'm with the kids, she scares me too.

Whatshisname Tinker has done a great job with the Sonny role, but he's almost a different character from Freddie Smith's Sonny.  While I think Freddie Smith mostly stunk the last few years he was on the show, I really liked him when the character was first introduced.  That Sonny was mature and wise for his years, self-assured and nobody's fool.  Tinker's Sonny, is, as you say, pretty immature.  Greg Rikaart's Leo is nails on a chalk board to me and not worth anyone's time, but especially not Sonny or Will's.  He's bad enough on the Young and the Restless but Days has given Rikaart free reign with all of his worst quirks.

Sonny grow the F up.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Is Sonny supposed to be running Titan? I stopped caring about who was running what ages ago, but it strikes me as odd that Sonny would have that gig since....wasn't he bad at it the first time? Or is every CEO accused of being bad just to create drama so the next character can become the new CEO?

I agree that on his own I like new Sonny but he doesn't connect to the original interpretation much. He definitely feels too energetic still (who argues like that on Xmas morning with their Uncle, who houses them?) and definitely younger than he should. This is the calm guy who helped Will accept himself? Who helped Gabi give birth?

It's such a shame Freddie didn't keep his acting skills up and his weight down because I think the show would have kept him around longterm. He had established a really good character and legacy. But then he became creepy and vacant so...yeah.

I actually didn't mind Sonny gaining weight. Some guys transition to bigger bodies as they age and it could have been an interesting plot point for a gay man in a LTR on a soap, where cheating is inevitable. Would Will have found him more attractive? Less? Would Sonny have been insecure? Or more comfortable being bigger?

Years ago on AW, Judi Evans' pregnancy weight gain was written into the show and Paulina got a lot of unique material as a result of it. It really resonated with viewers to have a character honestly talk about their body image struggles and determination to look good for their partner again.

Just saying, if Freddie was let go in part because of his looks shifting, there were ways it could have been handled. Or maybe it was more his "entrepreneurial attitude" that rubbed everyone the wrong way.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 4

I liked Eric apologizing to Jada - he had unresolved feelings for his ex. And slowly she is probably getting involved with Rafe. I wonder if HR will request a transfer or heck, it is just Salem.

The Chloe/Stefan/Nancy stuff seemed a waste of time.

Poor Li, already having nightmare. In knocks Kristen. And then he goes to see Johnny and wonders if his gig will be up soon.

Eric is going to want to babysit Rachel?

Good for Gabi starting the day with champagne.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Gabi's bathrobe is beautiful.

Yeah, Gabi, the reason why you're having a premonition is because you're familiar with the Salem custom of weddings being interrupted.

Galen still has a bandage on his ring finger.

Rafe being nasty about EJ and Nicole obviously being a couple since they're at the wedding together, but he and Jada are at the wedding together, does that make them a couple?

Did anybody tell Wendy that only the bride should wear white?

Mister Shin couldn't be at his son's wedding?

Not a Catholic wedding?

Wendy's nose is dripping.

Li is going to learn what happens when you cross Gabi Hernandez.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

I enjoyed today's show...it is true "soapiness" :) Everybody at the wedding with their own agenda, everybody giving everybody else the "Look",  Gabi suddenly remembering her encounter with Dr. Rolf.  The best part was Li giving Rafe a wink as they were discussing the wedding.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

It looked silver to me. I liked her dress and Jada's and loved Kristin's, even though the slit was so high I'm pretty sure I saw her underwear at one point. She also seemed to have a very hard time standing up in it. Nicole's dress reminded me of my 8th grade farewell dress. In a bad way lol.

1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

The best part was Li giving Rafe a wink as they were discussing the wedding.

Li is pretty much always the best part of any ep he's in imo but yea that was one of his all-time best moments.

Such a great ep. I'm really excited for tomorrow.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I liked most of the dresses. Wendy’s looked like a silver blue.

Yeah, Gabi, you know the Salem wedding story and it is just a matter of time before it is your turn.

Too bad Rafe didn’t hear Ali’s convo with Rolf. Rolf also had great timing in calling Li to tell him that the memory loss drug is wearing off faster than it should. Wendy, it was so hard to speak up. Ah well, Gabi’s memories resurfaced after the vows. How inconvenient. For Li.

So Stefan books this Miami new year’s Eve trip and only does a room service dinner? And get dressed up for it? What is wrong with loungewear? No restaurants or clubs having last minute guest availability?

Guess Rafe was jealous that Nicole accompanied her friend EJ so he brought his own friend/coworker.

• Like 6

These past few days have been shockingly soapy. While I like Stabi, I wouldn't say I'm a fan, but these past episodes felt like Soaps at its finest. Gabi and Li actually going through with the marriage. Gabi learning all the horrific truths of Li's machinations just as Chloe and Stefan have chosen to actually commit to each other. Gabi rushing to Miami to find them in bed. When things are really hitting the right spots, the lack of budget doesn't even matter. I also thought Wendy's motivations made clearer sense. Not complete sense, but I at least understood her feelings toward the Gabi/Li/Stefan situation more. I'm also always a sucker for when Gabi mentions the close relationship she had with Arianna.

I almost almost am tolerating Rafe. I've hated him for so long that it's odd that I don't immediately curse the screen when he's on. I kinda like Jada and him together even though I don't want them together. They seem like a dead-end couple, but she does make him feel more competent and human. I also like the focus the show has given Rafe/Gabi lately. I honestly never thought they worked as siblings, but this past year really changed my mind.

I know a lot of people are tired of Kristen, but I honestly guffaw at her cartoony evil. I really wish the show would explore the Kristen/Eric dynamic more. I don't mean romantically or sexually, but Eric is always collateral damage in Kristen's schemes and she's so dismissively evil to him. Like she targets Marlena, Chloe, Nicole, and Theresa, but Eric just kinda ends up having his life destroyed as a result of her schemes against other people. I hope the show explores Eric's righteous anger toward Kristen and her laisse-faire evil toward him.

I'm not a fan of Ejole. EJ always saw Nicole as a Sami replacement, and Nicole is falling into her habit of not being able to be alone. I'm also not interested in the next Sami return inevitably blowing them apart. While I understand the Sami/Nicole rivalry is popular, I think it ultimately harms Nicole as a character, especially since Sami isn't even a long-term character anymore.

I'm looking forward to seeing more Wendy.

Right now, the only part of the show that isn't really working for me is the Allie/Chanel portion and the Stephanie/Alex/Chad portion. Everything else I at least have some excitement for even the Bonnie/Xander/Sarah portion.

Edited by 4evaQuez
  • Like 10

Quick question: does anyone care about Gabi and Stefan reuniting? Anyone? Bueller?

Poor Nicole. "I think I'm a terrible person too." Yikes. That outlook's not going to help you in the New Year, sweetie. Nice dress though.

Why is her arm in sling, by the way?

Has Wendy been this bad the whole time? She was so affected today. No tears. Lots of whispers. Unearned dialogue.

What was Kristen's part in this whole thing with Stefan?

So SH had the Phoenix tattoo before getting cast as Kristen? I've never been sure.

Wait....so Kristen voluntarily left Brady alone for the midnight countdown? Not buying that.

"No way to go but up!" Please, let Rafe be right for once.

That Toy Story version of Auld Lang Syne was hilarious.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Quick question: does anyone care about Gabi and Stefan reuniting? Anyone? Bueller?

I love them together.

Why is her arm in sling, by the way?

From the bomb at Susan's funeral.

Has Wendy been this bad the whole time? She was so affected today. No tears. Lots of whispers. Unearned dialogue.

She literally cried yesterday, her nose was dripping.'

What was Kristen's part in this whole thing with Stefan?

She was the one who got Rolf to brainwash Stefan.

Where did Jada pull those cuffs out of?  And why did she have them with her at a fancy dress wedding, anyway?

"I did not bring you to Miami to sleep with you." Even though you booked a hotel room with one bed,

I don't think I've ever seen a wedding with black decorations before.

I'm shocked that Chloe and Stefan didn't get married, but she'll probably wind up pregnant.

Edited by RedElf
  • Like 6
23 hours ago, RedElf said:

Gabi's bathrobe is beautiful.

Yeah, Gabi, the reason why you're having a premonition is because you're familiar with the Salem custom of weddings being interrupted.

Galen still has a bandage on his ring finger.

Rafe being nasty about EJ and Nicole obviously being a couple since they're at the wedding together, but he and Jada are at the wedding together, does that make them a couple?

Mister Shin couldn't be at his son's wedding?

Not a Catholic wedding?

Wendy's nose is dripping.

Li is going to learn what happens when you cross Gabi Hernandez.

Wornontv has Gabi’s robe as Natori. Kristen’s is the higher end Josie Natori.

https://wornontv.net/332640/

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, RedElf said:

Where did Jada pull those cuffs out of?  And why did she have them with her at a fancy dress wedding, anyway?

She took the police academy training course on Salem weddings so she came prepared lol.

Another great ep. I hope they keep it up!

• Like 5
  • LOL 6
29 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

She took the police academy training course on Salem weddings so she came prepared lol.

Jada: Before my dad died he told me about the time he almost had to step in as best man at a wedding because the other best man was busy knocking his adoptive father, the serial killing senator, out of a tower before he could shoot the bride and groom. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 10

Thank you RedElf. I'd forgotten that Kristen wanted Stefan to woo Chloe so she'd leave Brady alone.

7 hours ago, RedElf said:

She literally cried yesterday, her nose was dripping.'

Oh. Was it good acting, or just crying though? I still remember when Sonny bawled seeing his Mom's dead body. There were real tears streaming down Freddie's face...but it still felt weirdly off.

1 hour ago, RedElf said:

I was expecting her to show up in Miami in her wedding dress.

Me too. Might she have brought that orange number to the wedding so they could take their luggage and immediately go straight to the airport? Do couples do that?

...I can't believe Eric is legit kidnapping a child. Is he going to tell Rachel the truth and be nice to her the whole time or use the clown mask and try to be scary so it seems legit?

...I feel like he's getting Lucas-ed here. Or it is Philip-ed?

• Like 3

Still hoping things go wrong and Rachel goes away. Far, FAR away. And Krazy Kristen would deserve every bit of misery.

But while I have made it no secret that "good Eric" is as exciting as watching paint dry, I don't like that - in the end - this will likely be a mark against Brady and/or Eric, not the criminal bitch that is driving all of this (Kristen).

Sorry, @DisneyBoy. I know you like ED's version, but as far as I am concerned, it is PAST time for Kristen to be Isabella dead and push up daisies. Sick of others being warped/ruined to make the square peg fit a round hole. Making the DiMeras permanent Salem citizens instead of coming and going has ruined the mystique and ruined the sense of fear. DiMeras are now a lame, stale joke.

Some villains have a shelf life, and Kristen is long past hers.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
11 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Sorry, @DisneyBoy. I know you like ED's version, but as far as I am concerned, it is PAST time for Kristen to be Isabella dead and push up daisies. Sick of others being warped/ruined to make the square peg fit a round hole. Making the DiMeras permanent Salem citizens instead of coming and going has ruined the mystique and ruined the sense of fear. DiMeras are now a lame, stale joke.

Some villains have a shelf life, and Kristen is long past hers.

Nothing to apologize for, Wendy. It was tough enough watching ED push through the nonsensical plotting of the Italian castle storyline....I am so glad she wasn't forced to do any of the stuff SH has had to do these last few years. They've written Kristen into a corner and then some. It should have ended with the fall from the window. I agree.

I also agree they've exhausted the mystique of the DiMeras.

But if Leo and Gwen are the best New Villain alternatives these writers can cook up?

That's grim.

• Like 8
5 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

But if Leo and Gwen are the best New Villain alternatives these writers can cook up?

That's grim.

No argument there, either!

Frankly, I think the Alamains were the best chance to take up the villain mantle, but we see how that ended up.

The current crop of writers need to stop the camp and commit to someone NEW that can bring the evil/scary.

• Like 4

Maybe the DiMera private jet comes with wardrobe and the crew didn’t have the time to remove Gabi’s outfits. 

So the year changed to 2023.

Rachel seemed less obnoxious with Uncle Eric. Maybe he can take her to Australia and far, far away from Mommy.

Poor Li. He almost had it all. He really should have taken Rolf’s calls.

I did like EJ and Nicole. No pretense. Both admitting that they are terrible people.

Rafe, it is too soon to make a move on Jada.

Wonder if Chloe will stick with Stefan once he gets the truth. He should have booked two rooms.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

...I can't believe Eric is legit kidnapping a child. Is he going to tell Rachel the truth and be nice to her the whole time or use the clown mask and try to be scary so it seems legit?

He's not. Brady has full legal custody so he can approve Eric spending time with Rachel for as long as Brady deems okay.

It is all show so that Kristen thinks she is gone and actually be worried. If she knew what Brady and Eric are up to, she wouldn't be worried. She would be furious.

• Like 7