Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

There you go!

I chose the clean spelling on that word to be subtle, but you caught my meaning.

11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Trying to keep this place clean. 🤣🤣🤣

I say we walk the line 😄

Hey, with the plots being what they are, we gotta get our kicks somehow...

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Catching up but missed who drugged Nicole. 

No surprise Sloan doesn’t like calm chowder or pancake. Doubt she has eaten carbs in years. 

Gabi meant the drug for Stefan but due to hijinks, Nicole ended up drinking the spiked drink. 

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Gabi meant the drug for Stefan but due to hijinks, Nicole ended up drinking the spiked drink. 

I thought it was Stefan trying to drug EJ so he would embarrass himself in front fo the Dimera Ent Board.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, nilyank said:

I thought it was Stefan trying to drug EJ so he would embarrass himself in front fo the Dimera Ent Board.

You’re right.  I FF just a bit of the spiking scenes, but I now remember that when Gabi conked Stefan on the head, he dropped the vial.  Maybe Harold will find it when he sweeps up the broken glass Nicole dropped.

sorry for my erroneous original post!  

• Like 2

Is Harold still alive? When was the last time we even saw the poor guy?

And what about Victor's butler guy? Haven't seen him in eons either. What was his name?

Been watching random clips online (thank you Twitter!) and I am really disappointed that the actors turned in such heartfelt performances for a death that will be utterly pointless in about 5 minutes. It's so hard seeing Martha and Drake and everyone giving this their all and sobbing their damn eyes out when it's all so Marlena can go to hell or whatever 🙄 What worthwhile storytelling!

...also, John...WTH are you thinking, dragging a dying Marlena up to the roof of the hospital in January!?! I mean...really!? They didn't have another room you could use? No wonder she went cold.

It is nice to see snow on the sets though.

I like the actress playing Rachel - hadn't seen much of her before but her no-holds-barred attitude is refreshing from the usual "where do I look Mommy?" type child acting we typically see. And now Brady has a reason to look like age is catching up to him. I'd go grey if Rachel was my kid too.

I LOVE Nicole in the blue and white dress with the longer hair. Maybe Ari has issues with thinning hair or something, but she looks infinitely better with longer locks.

And kudos to the girls for that awesome rapid-fire argument between Chanel and Allie. Sure, them suddenly being at each other's throats is random as heck, but it's rare on this show that actors, especially younger ones, can deliver back-and-forth dialogue like that and sound connected to their characters. If they managed all that in one take, bravo! It's the best performance they've turned in since they started, easily.

I really like this Chanel and hope she sticks around for the long haul. Paulina and Allie can go, but she should stay. And as a bi character, she can be paired up in different ways, which could be interesting.

I liked the callback to Will getting help from Marlena when he first started having gay feelings. I didn't see all of that plotline, but I seem to recall him turning to Marlena during Sami's affair with EJ behind Rafe's back...and then when Will kissed that random dude in the square...not necessarily regarding Sonny. Did Doc counsel him about Sonny specifically?

It's so weird seeing Will talk to Sonny about that stuff when Sonny now looks 5 years younger than Will, and not at all like the self-possessed gay guy who helped Will gradually come to terms with himself and planted a kiss on him.

I like seeing Sarah back in Doctor mode. Her storyline has been so bonkers these last two years, just using her in a normal capacity is nice. Not that there's anything normal about Salem of course. And I guess she's head doctor by default, since Kayla is dead, right?

What was the resolution to Johnny's whole "I want to start a film company/become a director/shoot the Demon Possession movie!" plot? I completely forgot. Obviously he didn't shoot it, I don't think anyway...but is it dead dead? Or what?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 5
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Is Harold still alive? When was the last time we even saw the poor guy?

And what about Victor's butler guy? Haven't seen him in eons either. What was his name?

I remember we saw Harold during one of Sami’s returns. I think during the time of the first Stefan’s time when she found EJ was alive.

Henderson was the Kiriakis butler.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, tribeca said:

No surprise Sloan doesn’t like calm chowder or pancake. Doubt she has eaten carbs in years. 

She actually was eating the pancake. She took a couple bites, which I loved since normally the actors never eat any of the hoards of food in front of them and it drives me nuts lol.

6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

And as a bi character, she can be paired up in different ways, which could be interesting.

She hasn't said she's bi. She said she doesn't like labels and maybe mentioned being fluid. She's probably pan tbh. In any case though, it does open her up to all kind of pairings, not that I think the show would really do anything that interesting with it lol.

What was the resolution to Johnny's whole "I want to start a film company/become a director/shoot the Demon Possession movie!" plot? I completely forgot. Obviously he didn't shoot it, I don't think anyway...but is it dead dead? Or what?

I believe after all the devil shenanigans he decided not to go through with it. I wish they'd bring back him being a film maker though.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, nilyank said:

I remember we saw Harold during one of Sami’s returns. I think during the time of the first Stefan’s time when she found EJ was alive.

Henderson was the Kiriakis butler.

I've had a sad feeling for some time now that both Henderson and Harold are dead, died years ago actually, and no one ever cared enough to go into the basement or servant's quarters and see their decomposing bodies.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1

The Leo and Xander stuff is like some weird Ron fantasy I don't want to watch 

Maggie needs to marry Xander herself geez

Louise Sorel highlight of the day!

Also Jack stfu you hypocrite 

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Been watching random clips online (thank you Twitter!) and I am really disappointed that the actors turned in such heartfelt performances for a death that will be utterly pointless in about 5 minutes. It's so hard seeing Martha and Drake and everyone giving this their all and sobbing their damn eyes out when it's all so Marlena can go to hell or whatever 🙄 What worthwhile storytelling!

How many times can Marlena die? We all know that she will come back like she always does. I am just over it. 

John and Marlena should be the Tom and Alice of their large combined family playing supportive roles in their stories... Marlena was at her best when she was helping Will come to terms with his sexuality.  That was the Marlena who viewers fell in love with all those years ago when she came to Salem to help Mickey Horton..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3

Jack is more upset about Susan and how EJ/Johnny feel than he was upset with everything Gwen did to Abby and Sarah.  

This makes him disgusted? But kidnapping Abby to an island is ok. Same with giving Sarah brain damage. 

Gwen gonna move in with Xander I guess right after Maggie sends Sarah there again. 

6 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Jack is more upset about Susan and how EJ/Johnny feel than he was upset with everything Gwen did to Abby and Sarah.  

This makes him disgusted? But kidnapping Abby to an island is ok. Same with giving Sarah brain damage. 

Gwen gonna move in with Xander I guess right after Maggie sends Sarah there again. 

Make it all stop! Sigh.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I've never cared for Jack at all, but reading the pained comments from those of you who love him somehow makes my heart hurt. He's your Kristen! (kinda) I get it.

Sorry for your loss. Think Jack will ever been his old self again? Or has that ship sailed?

• Like 1

Jack, the Gwen ship has sailed. Even if you were a hands-on parent, she may still have turned into the angry woman she is today. She is responsible for her actions and behavior and should be accountable.

Poor Leo thought he would get lucky with half dressed Xander. Not so much. 

How fast for Sarah to get a divorce. No year long separation?

Madame, how nice to hear your voice. Rolf, you are back so soon. We also got the Stabi relationship nickname today.

An enjoyable ep, overall.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

The Leo and Xander stuff is like some weird Ron fantasy I don't want to watch 

Maggie needs to marry Xander herself geez

Louise Sorel highlight of the day!

Also Jack stfu you hypocrite 

Yes, the Leo & Xander scenes were "interesting"...I did not know if I was supposed to be laughing, or cringing or impressed with the 'drama"?!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Think Jack will ever been his old self again? Or has that ship sailed?

I want a retcon that all the people in Dr. Rolf's lab weren't the actual people - just people he gave extensive plastic surgery to and tried to program in some weird experiment.  That way they could explain the approximately 873 people who are all back from the dead and also explain why they've all had massive personality changes since they've been back.  Every time someone "comes back from the dead" it could be a new character.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

I want a retcon that all the people in Dr. Rolf's lab weren't the actual people - just people he gave extensive plastic surgery to and tried to program in some weird experiment.  That way they could explain the approximately 873 people who are all back from the dead and also explain why they've all had massive personality changes since they've been back.  Every time someone "comes back from the dead" it could be a new character.

Clones. Hey, they did it in Guiding Light.

I actually really enjoyed this episode. Between Gabi wanting to make the Stabi ship sail and Paul Telfer's amazing body, this was fun.

• Like 6
On 1/30/2023 at 5:42 PM, DisneyBoy said:

I've had a sad feeling for some time now that both Henderson and Harold are dead, died years ago actually, and no one ever cared enough to go into the basement or servant's quarters and see their decomposing bodies.

GH did a good thing years ago when Jennings(the original Quartermaine butler) died that his nephew Reginald took over his job(course after he left they pretty much ignored the butler role).

They should've done it for these two as well but given how cheap Days is its hard to sell anything as spacious etc 

• Like 2

Let's see how long this "you're dead to me" thing Jack feels towards Gwen will last. We've been fooled before...

So...Jack is 'shipping his son-in-law going from his daughter to his niece?  Keep it all in the family, eh Jack?  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Glad for Sarah to point out that Xander doesn't seem to care that Gwen helped kidnap her and fried her brain. I don't understand how Xander is "friends" with someone who does that to your wife. 

Ugh at Jack. Pushing this fake no Chem relationship of Chad and Stephanie. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Jack, nothing wrong with you telling Chad that it is okay for him to start to move on. Maybe just not with boring Stephanie, who is also his current boss. Maybe go on a business trip to somewhere and meet someone at a conference or whatever.

I did like the interaction with Jack and Steve at the end.

Paulina, why is Stephanie’s love life your business. No reason to be giving Alex K. any advice

It looked like Rolf hooked up an old toaster or some old device from Lost in Space to Jake’s brain. Wonder if anything will happen.

Sarah, you are within your right to get a divorce but it is a bit fast. Maybe give Xander some time to face his fears and get a real job. You knew what he was when you married him. And now Stupid Gwen is going for a hurt guy who can give her only crumbs.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
32 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

And now Stupid Gwen is going for a hurt guy who can give her only crumbs.

Which Gwen also knows. So she deserves whatever misery is coming. And I'll pop some popcorn and laugh.

Just saying!

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
7 hours ago, norcalgal said:

So...Jack is 'shipping his son-in-law going from his daughter to his niece?  Keep it all in the family, eh Jack?  

Chad:  Stephanie just lost her mother.  She's grieving.

Jack:  Perfect time to make a move on her!  Go get her!

Nope, not insensitive at all.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

I hate the Gwen nonsense, but I would rather Jack shipped his widowed son-in-law with his niece than his brother-nephew with his niece. The Alex/Stephanie thing is such a slap in the face to Adrienne.

And bouncing between cousins is pretty mild by Salem standards. Jack did it himself back in the day, and Jennifer/Melissa were much closer than Abby/Stephanie. 

• Like 5

Maybe it's just me but having sex would probably be the last thing on my mind if my mom just died. Not to mention giving it up to a guy who's said he's never going to get over his dead wife. Is she just horny or what.

The writing for this character is terrible. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

Yesterday's episode was pretty boring, at least for me.

I don't care who or what Stephanie loves, much less have any interest in Alex's love life, or, in fact, any aspect of his life at all.  

Show seems to think that Alex shirtless makes him more interesting.  It doesn't.

Xander, also shirtless and apparently supposedly shit-faced was also pretty pointless.  He and Sarah had the same argument they always have, while over in the Square, gormless Gwennie and her pet lizard Leo also had the same talk they always do.  

Jack was over-emoting yet again, lips pursed and eyes all squinty as he earnestly told Chad to find love again and then hugged Steve in what perhaps was the most uncomfortable looking hug I've ever seen.  

Gabi, Rolf and Stefan were all, yet again, yelling at each other, only difference being that this time, Rolf had Stefan hooked up to what looked like an old Kindle.

And to cap it off, Paulina was once again, awkwardly inserted into yet one more scene she had no business being in, huffing and puffing and mugging it up as usual.

Too bad a house didn't land on all of them.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

Stephanie just drives home why you should never want your faves to ever return to this show. 

I mean hey wouldn't it be nice for Steve/Kayla to have one of their actual children on this show and be supporting players in their storyline

Yeah..

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Ugh at Stephanie and Chad. She's a horrible addition, the writing and her attitude. Chad would have been better bitter grieving Dimera. 

Her mother dies and she jumps into bed with another man? WTD coming? 

Then Xander and Gwen. Gross both can gom  Who wanted asked for Gwen? 

Alex you're better off. 

Why is Bonnie Xanders number one fan? That's nuts. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

There is not one rootable pairing on this shitshow.

Gwen/Xander? Fuck them. Fall into a black hole and die.

Stephanie/Chad? She's so blah AND Abby's first cousin. NO.

Stephanie/Alex? Cousin lovin'. HARD PASS.

Stefan/Gabi? BTDT. (Been there, done that.) Bye.

Stefan/Chloe? Why?

Sarah/Xander? I admit, I like(d) them, but it's forever some circle jerk of Xander does bad, Sarah forgives, repeat, with Gross Gwen waiting for sloppy seconds. So why bother?

Nicole/EJ? The Sami spectre forever looms. Doomed.

The rest? Dealing with death that isn't and YAWN.

As I said, NOTHING AND NO ONE to root for here. I can see why NBC proper gave Ron and Jamey's trash the boot.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

Stephanie, can’t you just be single for a bit? Be a professional PR person? Your mom just died, along with two other women. Sure, Chad is ready to move on from his dead wife, and you aka opportunity, came along. You are sort of related. You throw a childish tantrum at Alex, who turned off your phone. Have you been waiting for Chad to make his move? Are you going to promote him since he works for you? Are you going to accidentally end up pregnant?

Alex, give the flowers to Allie or put them on Abigail’s grave.

Bonnie, why are you so keen about Xander and Sarah? Let her divorce him. He will just rebound with Gwen, and that won’t work either.

Stefan is now in love with two women? Dr. Rolf needs better equipment.  Vivian gets to make a lot of calls. Chloe, go find some opera company and get out of town and choose yourself.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Poor Gwen.  I really felt sorry for her today, lamenting to Xander about how much she's done for him and how even with all that, he'll never love her the way she deserves because (begin sad muzak) "Nothing ever works out for [her]".  Heartwrenching, isn't it?

All she's done since she came to Salem to destroy her father and his family, none of it has worked out for her.  Jack and Jennifer are still together.  She should concentrate on her wins, that'd make feel better.

She broke up Abby and Chad, and then messed up Abby's mind, and let's not forget, Abby is finally dead.  True, it wasn't due to her, but not for lack of trying.  That deserves a pat on the back.

Don't forget, Gwennie dear, you also helped kidnap Sarah, kept her from her family, impersonated her and did your best to keep her mind messed up as well.  

Don't forget all the stealing, lying and betrayals you'd successfully pulled off as well.

So it's not true that you've failed, that nothing has worked out for you, as you told Xander in your most Eyore-ish voice.

Poor Gwen.  How CAN such a wonderful character be so badly mistreated?

Then there's poor Alex.  He wrote Stephanie a card to express how sad he was because he turned off her phone while her mother lay dying, but he did it so he could get-in-her-pants-I-mean-because he wanted some alone time with her.  Besides the card, he's also taking her some flowers and I BET he's freshly shaved from head to foot just in case his apology goes well and he can spend some more "alone time" with Stephanie.  

Ooops!  She's macking on Chad so now poor Alex is stuck back in the Square with Salem's saddest Moo Cow, Allie.  Poor sad Allie whose girlfriend seems to finally realizing her huge mistake in dumping Johnny for his sister, Pouty McSmugface.   Lucky for her though, it looks like she's THIS close to Alex telling her

giphy.gif

A match made in heaven.

And, in a basement not far away, a man named Stefan is torn between two lovers.

Beedle dee, dee dee dee, two ladies, (thanks, Dr. Rolf).

giphy.gif

Salem, thy name is romance.

I hope Chad and Stephanie had a good time guessing each other's weight, because the way their encounter was filmed, I had no idea what the hell the two of them were up to.

Another terrific episode!  My only complaint is that Paulina wasn't also in every single scene.

Even Anna couldn't save the day.

Edited by boes
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

Good Grief: Who is watching lil Henry?!  His Mom is out drinking & comes home smashed, Chanel is gone, Nicole is not around to help... Meanwhile, Paulina is turning into the "Love Guru"!  She has to tell Alex how to solve his love problems, when did she become so friendly with him?  Then, today, she is lecturning her daughter about how to make up with Allie, why was Paulina sticking up for Allie?!  Then, Gwen is a fool but she acts all Smug when she runs into Sarah in the Square.  Steve seems perfectly fine with Chad popping out of the bedroom & invites him to stay for breakfast.   As much as I like admiring Xander's body :) at least he put on clothes today.  Goodness, I am getting whiplash by all these 'changing couples" & who is hooking up with who :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Sarah?

If the chick who tried to scramble your brains was gloating about sleeping with your ex - and said ex is happy to rub it in - be thankful you got out and let them sink into the nearest sewer together.

Wipe your feet on them and walk on.

(Seriously. For all the talk of Sarah being judgmental, for a guy that was supposed to really love Sarah, Xander is sure happy enough to slime it up with the wench that was too happy to keep torturing Sarah to keep him. Here, I am all FOR Sarah being judgmental.)

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
8 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Sarah?

If the chick who tried to scramble your brains was gloating about sleeping with your ex - and said ex is happy to rub it in - be thankful you got out and let them sink into the nearest sewer together.

Wipe your feet on them and walk on.

(Seriously. For all the talk of Sarah being judgmental, for a guy that was supposed to really love Sarah, Xander is sure happy enough to slime it up with the wench that was too happy to keep torturing Sarah to keep him. Here, I am all FOR Sarah being judgmental.)

👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

There’s all this talk on the show now how Sarah knew that Xander was a bad boy. Sure, that’s true but Sarah has been beyond fair with Xander. He’s promised to change and yet screwed up repeatedly and in turn she has forgiven him repeatedly for some heinous bs and defended him. But she made it clear to him that she had limits. Xander knew this, which is why he went to such great lengths to keep his latest crime spree from her.  Not only did he kidnap women, but when Sarah was on to him he lied to her repeatedly and made her feel like a judgmental backstabber for daring to question him. Now, Xander’s trying to make it seem like she’s just so unreasonable and is making him feel like a loser. Screw that noise. He is a loser. I loved that Sarah not only got it point out Xander cozying up to someone like Gwen who did some abominable things to the woman he claims to love was beyond the pale, but that all of this was a problem of his own making. Instead of being an adult and accepting some financial help, he instead insisted on committing crimes to get by and lying to his wife. Gwen, another loser who most of her problems are her creation, is truly made for him.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

Allie, who is looking after Henry? Maggie? Surely Alex could have taken a taxi or Uber home and did not have to stay at your place. He can afford a room at the Salem Inn. Did he not realize that he forgot his underwear?

Paulina, stay out of everyone’s business.

Gwen, enjoy your brief time with Xander. He should have tossed you to the curb in light of what you did to Sarah to keep him from her. Sarah, leave both in the dust.

How awkward for Steph to have an overnight guest and then dad invites him to breakfast. Of course she pulls out the note that she chucked into the trash. Nice to have two dudes interested in you.

I guess Tripp is back for a bit since he isn’t heading off to Seattle after the funerals. Wendy, keep to yourself for a while.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

UO, but I like Xander and Gwen together. They're like 2 peas in a pod, and can be themselves around one another...warts and all, without judgement.

I would have liked Gwen if she had been introduced decently.  I didn't like that she was a shoehorned retcon and HATED the constant "You have to forgive me everything I do because I didn't have a daddy" thing.  If she had simply had a reason to go after Abigail (and by extension Chad) and wasn't connected to Jack I might have enjoyed her scheming.   At least now she's starting to own what she does - that might redeem her character for me.

I do think the writers have improved with the introduction of Sloane.  She knows exactly who she is and isn't going around trying to convince people she's actually good while whining that she's only bad because she was deprived of having decent parents.

On another note, Chad is supposed to be one of the "good" guys but the whole swooping in on a grieving woman who is literally in the middle of a break up seems just "squicky" to me.  And maybe we're supposed to think of Stephanie as an empowered woman in charge of her own sexuality, but the whole aggressive thing just hit ALL the wrong notes for me.  I'm NOT saying a woman can't be aggressive but the context just seems all wrong.

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

UO, but I like Xander and Gwen together. They're like 2 peas in a pod, and can be themselves around one another...warts and all, without judgement.

This. The show just needs to let them be the assholes they are and stop trying to woobify them. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

I think the actors play well off each other but Gwen is such a terrible character and not in a fun way. EOB is a talented actress I don't get why they couldn't kill off the character and bring her back as someone else. I mean its not as if this show hasn't done it many times before.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

Kate would not be in-between, she would be in hell. 

Bringing Clyde to town was least of Kate's crimes. How many people did she frame and let go to jail for crimes they didn't commit? Sami, EJ, Brady, I'm sure there's more. 

Wouldn't Kayla see Abby before Adrienne? They brought up Abby's name, where is she? I guess cheaper to use cast member you have. 

Kayla asked for a lawyer, she didn't ask for Mickey? 

Gwen has some nerve saying anything when Sarah called her out on giving her the drug to point the brain damage.  Good for Sarah for calling Xander out if that, he showed his lack of real love for her by having anything to do with Gwen. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3