Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Kristen is not enjoyable at all. I’m tired of her calling Chloe a whore and saying crap like she wants Rolf to fry her brain.

Kristen is vile and if Chloe was smart she would leave Brady alone because Kristen is a danger for any woman who gets with Brady.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 3
  • Love 3
On 9/29/2022 at 6:00 PM, Swartz said:

Johnny, Allie and Chanel are so boring.   Chanel is the only one who is worth keeping around.

Back to yesterdays episode.  They really should use Steve with Jack.  Jack actually feels like Jack when he's around Steve.  

I agree I'd be fine if the show dumped Johnny/Allie and just pair Chanel with someone else.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Kristen is vile and if Chloe was smart she would leave Brady alone because Kristen is a danger for any woman who gets with Brady.. 

Then Brady would be alone for good. (I know some would be fine with that. LOL!) But realistically, Brady should not have to live life on eggshells because of Kristen.

And really? Chloe had him first, having been married to him.  😎 Just do everyone a favor, Show, and KILL KRISTEN.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Then Brady would be alone for good. (I know some would be fine with that. LOL!) But realistically, Brady should not have to live life on eggshells because of Kristen.

And really? Chloe had him first, having been married to him.  😎 Just do everyone a favor, Show, and KILL KRISTEN.

True but who wants to deal with some crazy baby mama all of the time.  There are other men that Chloe can deal with.. Brady is still not over Kristen and she knows this and it empowers her to do what she has always done.  

Ron loves Kristen so we are stuck with her..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Sad 4
  • Love 2
Just now, Pearson80 said:

True but who wants to deal with some crazy baby mama all of the time.  There are other men that Chloe can deal with.. Brady is still not over Kristen and she knows this and it empowers her to do what she has always done.  

Brady looks over Kristen to me. Shrug. Kristen seems like the one who just cannot let go. Eh, whatever.

Wasting too much energy talking about the psycho gives me hives. LOL.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

I did laugh when Kristen told Rolf that it wouldn’t be hard to fry Chloe’s brain because it was so small. She really is turning in to a cartoon character. No custody of Rachel for quite some time. Of course Rolf has the sad looking orchid plant. Ya think he would have made the antidote for the toxin and kept it on hand instead of pulling out the plant.

Nice try, Stefan. Some hotels do have some drink glassware on hand in the area by the mini bar. Ya think Chloe could afford an apartment instead of live in a hotel. One can celebrate one’s birthday the next day or so.

Hi smart Rex. A man with a brain who had probably figured this out.

I agree that Kayla and Kate made awfully good looking patients. Kayla, Tripp and Joey will come whether you want them to or not. Can’t see Steve or John going to the jungle to find the plant.

• Love 2

So I get power back after Ian (I’m so blessed, no damage), and the first episode I catch up on Allie is being a bitch. The next episode, Stephanie is being a bitch. 

So glad I am catching up. 🙄

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, DanaMB said:

So I get power back after Ian (I’m so blessed, no damage), and the first episode I catch up on Allie is being a bitch. The next episode, Stephanie is being a bitch. 

So glad I am catching up. 🙄

I'm glad you are safe

• Like 2
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

There is NO WAY Gwen is objectively a worse person than Kristen. I do understand simply hating Gwen more. I probably hate Sarah more than either of them but obviously she is not a worse person.

Well, Kristen was about to take holy vows as a nun and take the name of Sister Mary PsychoKitty.

You can't get much holier than that, at least not in Olde Salem Towne!

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

It feels so strange watching the show on peacock now.  It seems not like appointment tv and this thread seems to slowed down.  Makes me sad.  

Yes, it is sad, but the show brought it on itself. Good content will find an audience. Just look at Game of Thrones which was on premium pay cable. Somehow, it was still able to attract millions of viewers and that was because it provided great content (at least until near the end of the series). 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, tribeca said:

It feels so strange watching the show on peacock now.  It seems not like appointment tv and this thread seems to slowed down.  Makes me sad.  

Yeah, but as was said, if the show did not become a cartoon under Reilly and solidified by Ron, it's a possibility that the show would still be getting decent-ish (let's be real, the whole soap industry is in decline!) ratings and, thus, still on NBC.

But the show became a shallow campy mess with Ken Corday's approval (and sonny boy obviously did not inherit the talents of his late mother and father, who must be rolling in their graves at what their offspring did to their show!) and that killed it.

It is what it is now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

So Sarah blasted Gwen. Yay.

Gwen remembers that Jenn was the one who hit her. Where are her so-called broken bones? Of course Leo wants cash so it is blackmail time.

Another why does Alex K look familiar moment. Sigh.

Is the coffee shop outside or a new set? Chad, you have been a widower for a couple months. Stephanie is just a friend right now.

Will is off to LA? Again. Jenn is off to rehab.

Edited by Frozendiva
Autocorrect misspells Kiriakis
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

How did show managed to find such a boring kid for Steve and Kayla? Where's that spunk and fire? The show ought to see what Lindsey Hartley is doing these days.

Also see what Rachel Melvin is up to

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SouthernChick said:

Kayla isn’t exactly spunky and fiery. I think she’s spunkier than Kayla for sure. She takes after Steve.

I think you mean Stephanie isn't exactly spunky and Fiery. I agree she's more Steve than Kayla tbh

• Love 2

I was happy when Paulina told Chad that Stephanie is a grown woman in a professional conversation, and she doesn't need him (Chad) speaking for her. Granted, I don't think this version of Stephanie is particularly professional nor adult acting. Still the sentiment is true.

Didn't Stephanie just find out Kayla was sick? Paulina's complaints seemed like at least two weeks worth of missed deadlines.

With Xander asking Jack for a job yesterday and Jack telling Xander his suspicions about Jennifer/Gwen, I honestly thought Jack was leaving to ask Xander to kill Leo and discard the body. 

Bill, Laura, and Abby dead. JJ useless. Lucas kidnapping Sami. Will in whatever state he's in. Ron has really done a number on that branch of the Horton family tree.

While I didn't find Leo's Horton family tree line particularly funny, I do wonder if SSH (Julie) herself even remembers how she's related to most of the Horton family members.

• Love 4

I was distracted by the blue thing on Nancy’s head. She had some good scenes with Craig, about the possibility of reuniting, but instead both looking for real love. And hello, Dr. Mike Horton. Been along time. He has aged a bit.

Leo was right about the Horton family tree and if folks do know how they are related. Too bad his blackmail failed. He does have good clothes.

Gwen did do the right thing.

I don’t get how Paulina could realistically do a gubernatorial run in the manner of a couple of months. She certainly would have a much larger team than SJ PR. Yeah, Steph, your staff needs to know about your mom’s illness and your unavailability to the work can get done. Paulina was right and it was funny to think that Chad was the assistant.

• Love 4

Damn it, I'm kind of feeling Stephanie and Chad. Billy Flynn really does generate chemistry with everybody. I mean, what I really want is for Chad to have an affair with Tinker's Sonny, but I don't think they're ever going to go there.

Craig and Nancy had a lovely scene together. I currently know a guy who's about Craig's age (he's 60) and he's spent his entire life hooking up with men behind his wife's back and I always wonder if he'll ever admit the truth to her.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Damn it, I'm kind of feeling Stephanie and Chad. Billy Flynn really does generate chemistry with everybody.

I get this could be a good thing in the future, but I don't actually trust the show to do the REALLY slow burn that would be required here.  It was literally only a few days ago that Chad was running around town a total mess and we're supposed to think that because he saw some vision of Abby that he's now ready to move on with someone else?  (The background saxophone jazz music was an incredibly heavy anvil by the way.)  It's too soon.  But, of course, they'll have them kissing at campaign headquarters in about 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

I don’t get how Paulina could realistically do a gubernatorial run in the manner of a couple of months. She certainly would have a much larger team than SJ PR.

Especially since they haven't even had a scene where someone (Chanel, Abe) mentions in passing that they haven't seen her in a while because of her grueling campaign schedule.  She's literally going to try to get elected by simply sending out flyers and having one press conference?   Sure, that'll work.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, DaphneCat said:

I get this could be a good thing in the future, but I don't actually trust the show to do the REALLY slow burn that would be required here.  It was literally only a few days ago that Chad was running around town a total mess and we're supposed to think that because he saw some vision of Abby that he's now ready to move on with someone else?  (The background saxophone jazz music was an incredibly heavy anvil by the way.)  It's too soon.  But, of course, they'll have them kissing at campaign headquarters in about 2 weeks.

Especially since they haven't even had a scene where someone (Chanel, Abe) mentions in passing that they haven't seen her in a while because of her grueling campaign schedule.  She's literally going to try to get elected by simply sending out flyers and having one press conference?   Sure, that'll work.

I am Canadian and not 100% up on US state politics. I would assume that one either has to be nominated by a political party or run as an Independent. There would be tv ads, print ads, a social media campaign, a primary, debates, rallies, etc. Which would be too much to do on a soap. She would be better off running as President of a community league.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I am Canadian and not 100% up on US state politics. I would assume that one either has to be nominated by a political party or run as an Independent. There would be tv ads, print ads, a social media campaign, a primary, debates, rallies, etc. Which would be too much to do on a soap. She would be better off running as President of a community league.

You're pretty accurate here.   All of that is typically needed for someone to get elected governor.  I get that because it's a soap they don't want to say she's the Democratic or Republican candidate, but make up some stupid third party and say she's their candidate.  And since the show doesn't show us a lot of what happens, they could at least reference her being at a rally or debate or something.

• Love 3

Today's show was the Brillo-pad-on-an-open-wound sort of episode that happens far too often these days in Salem.

Julie over-acted so much I'm surprised there's not a sauce they're bottling and selling inspired by it.  If only SSH could put as much effort into actual acting as she does into eye fluttering, lip pursing and neck stretching, there might be something there worth watching. 

At least we got a scene with Doug, portrayed by the sweetests and most long-suffering man in daytime tv.

Then we had Gwen, who had the goddam audacity of trying to give Jenn crap about running her down after she's literally firebombed Jenn's family since that demented zombie version of Mary Poppins plopped her fat ass down in her quest for vengence because "Mummie" didn't lub her.  Die, you wretch, just die.

I'd have been fine if Julie had offed Leo and baked his remains into Gram's donuts if it would get him off our screens.  The character is a cringeworthy stereotype portrayed by a pretty terrible actor, no matter what show he's infesting.  Ron C. should be so embarrassed, but that's just one more misfire in a career of demolition derbys.

Moving this show to Peacock isn't what's killing it, the terrible writing and storytelling is.

Damn, I forgot to mention Paulina and Nancy in her stupid hat, almost as bad as everything else.  

Our cup overfloweth, with crap.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, boes said:

Then we had Gwen, who had the goddam audacity of trying to give Jenn crap about running her down after she's literally firebombed Jenn's family since that demented zombie version of Mary Poppins plopped her fat ass down in her quest for vengence because "Mummie" didn't lub her.  Die, you wretch, just die.

Oh, @boes, you do love to make me happy with epic rants like these. *bows*

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Of course Jack and Jennifer can't say goodbye to each other without mentioning the stupid retcon.  Of course Jennifer is the one who now is the retcon's biggest cheerleader and propper.  Everyone who had a problem with her is all good now.  You MUST like her.  It's all so incredibly forced.  If a character can't stand up on their own without all the ridiculous, nonsensical, propping that's destroying other characters, then that character should cease to exist.  

Of course that's why Jack has to stay, to take care of that overgrown, jobless, pointless joke of a character.  Him staying behind doesn't mean that he could maybe take the opportunity to visit and spend some time with JJ, the child that apparently doesn't rate a mention anymore, or check in on his brother whose wife is dying . . .  

Nope.  He has to stay to take care of Gwen.  He has no other purpose other than that.  Jack is Gwen's bitch at this point.  He exists to serve her only.  

It will forever be utterly ridiculous and insulting that there's no room for characters such as Laura, Mike and his offspring, Jennifer, JJ, Abigail (hey Ron has pretty much decimated almost the entire Horton family that was left on this show), all with rich histories, deep characterizations, and strong ties, but one-note caricatures like Leo and Gwen remain and eat up tons of screen time.  

Edited by KBrownie
  • Like 2
  • Applause 10
  • Love 2

Does Jack even know Kayla is dying?  Does Steve know Abby's killer has been found? He was supposed to be investigating until Ron forgot.

Nancy is the WORSE. The actress is the WORSE.  Take your cheating husband and leave forever.  I can't remember the last time we've had such a pathetic character. 

Actually Kristen and Leo may be even worse.  So much airtime being wasted on these types of characters.   It's the type Ron loves to write for meanwhile the characters we actually love do nothing.   I mean Kayla may be dying and the Steve we know would be tearing  apart Salem to save her yet its all happening offscreen. 

For Jack fans.  What has been worse? This return or his return in 2011?  It's hard to choose.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Gwen, maybe get a clue in that you have to earn people’s respect and goodwill toward you. Jack is your bio-dad but you will find it hard to be ‘family’. Find a career, get over yourself, and maybe do something.

The return of Mike Horton was a blink. Yeah, he hated Nancy and Craig and their actions toward him. It is not going to be fixed quickly. Wonder if he will call Nancy and they can go to the bulgogi house together.

Bye, Craig. Guess it is time for Leo to find a new prospect. Too bad they brought back the Wesley’s in such an awful storyline.

I do get Rachel’s acting out, but her mom is to blame.

Of course, Dr. Rolf will want something for that orchid or plasticky plant. None of the sick are leaving the show so something will cure them. Or nothing has leaked.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Swartz said:

Good Riddance CM as Jennifer.   Once upon a time I loved Tad and Dixe but she honestly sucks as Jennifer

I must admit her "crying ability" or lack thereof has been horrible.  🤢🤮

• Love 4
5 hours ago, KBrownie said:

Of course that's why Jack has to stay, to take care of that overgrown, jobless, pointless joke of a character. 

Jennifer simply said "You have to stay here for Gwen" and Jack just immediately agreed.  No argument, nothing.   Just "See you when I see you."

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I do get Rachel’s acting out, but her mom is to blame.

Where is Chelsea and her horrible driving skills? (Yes, I went there.) Either that or send the brat to boarding school in Mars.

ETA: Just shows how much I loathe Kristen and Kristen Spawn when I WANT Dead Swamp Baby (and she WAS DEAD!) to make a cameo. At least it would be for the greater good this time.

• LOL 6

The best part of today's fever dream of an episode was Rachel trying to pretend she missed her maniac mom by tossing food at Chloe while being unable to keep her grin off her face.  Even the kid knows Kristen is worthless.  BTW, who serves a kid crumpets?  In Salem??

Kristen is such a cartoon, can' someone just drop a piano on her head?

I love Cady McClain, loved her on All My Children, so I've been as kind as possible with her stint at Jennifer, especially since Missy herself is pretty repugnant as a person.  But, MR is Jennifer, no doubt about it.  Maybe that piano can bounce and take her out, too, finish this nonsense once and for all.

Jack is a lost cause.

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8