Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, rcc said:

I hate all this Orpheus drama but he is a damn good actor.

I remember George DelHoyo did a guest role on Hunter back in the '80s, playing the brother of Dee Dee McCall's rapist, whom Hunter had tracked to their country [he had diplomatic immunity] and ended up killing (provoked).

He [DelHoyo's character] kidnapped Hunter and challenged Hunter to a gun duel (to avenge his brother).

Good actor. And sadly, the writing for THAT - as corny as it sounds - is light years ahead of what he has to play out now as Orpheus!

(As an aside, Joe Mascolo also played a villain on Hunter, and that was when I discovered his Stefano DiMera accent was fake. I was blown away! LOL!)

• Like 7
  • Love 1
On 9/12/2022 at 11:51 AM, AManfred said:

I purchased the $19.99/yr Peacock subscription Saturday morning, watched Beyond Salem 2 this weekend, and watched today's Days at 6:10 AM. My biggest takeaway? The closed captioning scrolls, like it did on NBC (Y&R/B&B scroll also; GH does not), and I am very happy about it. It's the little things!

Well, never mind. The scrolling closed captioning is gone, replaced with regular cc. I watch while everyone is still asleep and the volume is low, so it's harder to follow now, but oh well. There is also this faint white static look to the show, which is noticeable in darker scenes. It never was an issue when the show was on NBC. Again, oh well. It could have been worse. At least the show was not cancelled.

• Like 1

George DelHoyo does a great job playing Orpheus. I've always been a fan of that character.  What grates me is that it seems like Ron actually went back and watched the old stuff (or maybe he just made his assistant do it; there's been enough details (i.e. hokey exposition) to suggest someone has recently); and yet he couldn't capture what made the Stockholm stuff great back in the day.  If anything, he's just showing what a subpar writer (and possibly viewer) he really is.   

Back then, Orpheus's target and focus was Roman for killing his wife. He never really had a vendetta against Steve and Kayla; he only did things against them when they were in his way (Steve's tattoo clue for the bonds, Kayla accidentally walking into Steve's dumpy apartment at the wrong time, etc.) But then the stories were developed and complex enough that those things happened organically; they didn't need to be forced or contrived like they are now. 

A better storyline using the dynamics of all those characters (Orpheus, John, Steve, etc.) today would have been to create an old ISA case that required all their help. Something from back when Orpheus was still an agent (pre his wife's death) that John and Steve had to work with him while not trusting him and while Orpheus had his own agenda too.  It would sort-of mimic the way in '86 they had to revisit a '79 case, but not just rip it off.  This is where Ron fails and become Re-Run Ron with his stories.  He's like a student in English class who can't figure out how to use the canonical and classical literature to inspire his own story/work; he just plagiarizes it. 

9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

(As an aside, Joe Mascolo also played a villain on Hunter, and that was when I discovered his Stefano DiMera accent was fake. I was blown away! LOL!)

Joe was also in the second Jaws movie.  Kinda funny because he's Sheriff Brody's antagonist in town as the one of the town council members who, of course, opposes closing the beach and also has a thing for Brody's wife. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6

EJ's "my other dead brother Jake" line was LOL.

This custody trial is the worst. Kristen bringing up everything and nothing of her psycho is allowed? Ridiculous 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7

Why can't the judge meet privately with both Kristen and Brady and then talk to them both? Plus actually talk to Rachel. A bunch of useless crap is brought up because of Brady's past actions - which have almost zero effect on his parenting ability - and a lot to do with his ex's criminal behavior - but she has been 'pardoned' and all her crimes have been absolved? Not sure how this works, exactly. The joint custody or even a 6 month supervised custody for Kristen works better.

Poor Stefan, thinking he is in love with Chloe and she doesn't want him.

No, Johnny, Allie is not expected to offer you a place to stay. No movie making money? No allowance from dad?

Stefan, EJ wants your shares to oust Gabi from the company. He could care less about a formerly dead brother that he has never met.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Why can't the judge meet privately with both Kristen and Brady and then talk to them both? Plus actually talk to Rachel. A bunch of useless crap is brought up because of Brady's past actions - which have almost zero effect on his parenting ability - and a lot to do with his ex's criminal behavior - but she has been 'pardoned' and all her crimes have been absolved? Not sure how this works, exactly. The joint custody or even a 6 month supervised custody for Kristen works better.

Poor Stefan, thinking he is in love with Chloe and she doesn't want him.

No, Johnny, Allie is not expected to offer you a place to stay. No movie making money? No allowance from dad?

Stefan, EJ wants your shares to oust Gabi from the company. He could care less about a formerly dead brother that he has never met.

I really hated all the custody hearing crap.  No judge on earth would allow such twaddle especially since most of it had to do with a person who isn't even trying to get custody of Rachel.  If Kristen is so intent on proving that Chloe is such a bad person, couldn't the judge just order Brady to not allow Rachel to have contact with Chloe?  Problem solved.  It DID seem like Brady actually got use of the Salem brain at the end of the episode so I hope that means that this is a really short story arc.  

And show has been dropping FAR too many anvils for us to believe this whole Stefan pursuing Chloe thing is going to last very long.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

I’ve been very underwhelmed by all the stories airing and supremely annoyed by Kristen being Kristen in a court of law to boot, so I just skipped those scenes.

If the move to streaming was planned, it certainly wasn’t with the aim to gain new viewers.

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Who here is willing to put up with Susan forever if it means we see Kristen fall into a wood chipper and be so dead even Rolf can't put the pieces together again? 

(I don't want Stacy to be unemployed and this seems to be the best solution)

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Who here is willing to put up with Susan forever if it means we see Kristen fall into a wood chipper and be so dead even Rolf can't put the pieces together again? 

Anything not to see Kristen anymore. Stacy's Kristen is over-the-top mean and obsessively jealous, so bring on the wood chipper.

By the same token, I actually like Stacy's Susan, especially when it appears she's ad-libbing. I'll take permanent Susan for the rest of our Days.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Desperado said:

I’ll take Susan only if EJ pays for her dental reconstruction. The fake teeth take me out of any scene she’s in.

I would prefer a new character all together for the actress.

I'm with you.  All the characters Stacey plays - Susan and Kristen - did she ever play the annoying nun? - are too cartoonish for me.  They could replace her with a sock puppet and be less annoying IMO.  

Maybe a storyline where Susan dies unexpectedly by accidentally drowning in a dentist's spit sink would be good but otherwise.......

SH is a good actress, she was fine on AMC and even better on the Young and the Restless.  Show is wasting her real talents on this schlock.

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, boes said:

SH is a good actress, she was fine on AMC and even better on the Young and the Restless.  Show is wasting her real talents on this schlock.

You can see glimpses of how good Stacey Haiduk actually is, especially when she's doing the LesYay! stuff with Lani.  And she does actually look really good with Eric Martsolf (helped by the fact that there's only like a 6 year age difference between them despite Kirsten being 72 and Brady being 42) so they could be a viable couple if she wasn't written as such a cartoon.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, boes said:

She was so wonderful on the Young and the restless and she even played a dual role there but her character Pattie was much more grounded and real than Kristen who is played out and irrelevant.  Did Bill Bell write for her?  Bill Bell  was a fantastic writer who always knew how to write for women unlike Ron.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

No, Maria Arena Bell, Bill's daughter-in-law, wrote for Patty.

Ironically, one of the first actresses to play Patty Williams on Y&R was Tammy Taylor, who played early teen Hope Williams on Days, until Julie and Doug sent her to boarding school in 1981. (Believe her stint as Patty came not long after.) Funny how both girls had the same last name on two different soaps...

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

She was so wonderful on the Young and the restless and she even played a dual role there but her character Pattie was much more grounded and real than Kristen who is played out and irrelevant.  Did Bill Bell write for her?  Bill Bell  was a fantastic writer who always knew how to write for women unlike Ron.

I actually liked her on Y&R I remember she had scenes with Eileen on the show which cracked me up (they aired old episodes back in 2020).

• Like 2
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

It's not just I, is it?  Maggie sounds awfully . . . desperate every time that Sarah has a problem with Xander.  Hell, obsessive, even.  Sarah even kind of called her out on that (in a sort of roundabout way).

Nah. Sarah was being ridiculous. Maggie was just pointing out it was a pretty minor thing to get hung up on considering all the other actual crimes she is cool with 

• Love 8

Clyde, it is way too soon to propose to Nancy. She has barely dealt with her failed marriage and now it's on to another one? Give her some space. And a long engagement.

So Xander goes to Jack and Sarah to Maggie? I get Maggie telling her that Gwen will manipulate her way back in to Xander's life. He has done a lot of crummy things but he is working on being a better person. I don't think he has done anything else that was awful, so this may be it for a while. And Sarah, this is your third attempt at marrying the guy.

Leo and Gwen sort of had part of the Salem Brain today. As did the three Musketeers of Sonny, Will, and Chad. They have done more than the Salem PD.

Of course, Craig Wesley just shows up. How convenient.

• Love 5

I'm not trying to justify Clyde as a character or say he has any redeeming qualities, BUT, if EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. someone who supposedly loved me jumped to terrible conclusions about me, based on overhearing vague things, rather than simply ASKING me about what they'd overheard, I don't think I'd actually consider marrying that person.  And to then say she was going to dump him, just based on her suspicions... I don't like this Nancy at all.  She was always a confident woman who was more than fine with a bit of scheming.  Now that she's become this insecure, crying mess she really is getting on my last nerve.  Are they really going to try to redeem Clyde and make his redemption arc be becoming a doormat for her?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 9/18/2022 at 1:07 PM, Desperado said:

The fake teeth take me out of any scene she’s in.

It's even more annoying if you remember that Kristen had Susan's teeth fixed before Susan took Kristen's place in prison years ago.  Then, without any explanation, They went back to Susan having those awful teeth.  

What the What? Did They actually have Maggie compare her marriage to a criminal (Victor) to Sarah's marriage to a criminal (Xander)?  I don't recall that being acknowledged before.  

For as much as I don't care about Nancy and Clyde, I did appreciate that many of her assumptions about his wrongdoing were connected to her recent betrayal and breakup with Craig.  But why are we supposed to care about Clyde proposing to her?  These characters are rarely onscreen.

Just as I was relieved that They were crossing Leo's Ex off of the list of murder suspects, They drop Craig Anvils all over the place.  If it's Craig, that's just as bad as it being Darius.

• Love 6

Craig was power hungry and had...situational ethics. But he ADORED his family. Nancy and Chloe, both, and Joy. If he is the killer, it will be one of the absolute worst examples of character assassination ever done by Ron, and that's saying something.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 11
24 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Craig was power hungry and had...situational ethics. But he ADORED his family. Nancy and Chloe, both, and Joy. If he is the killer, it will be one of the absolute worst examples of character assassination ever done by Ron, and that's saying something.

And while he did some shady things, he never gave the impression he was capable of actually killing someone.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

It's not just I, is it?  Maggie sounds awfully . . . desperate every time that Sarah has a problem with Xander.  Hell, obsessive, even.  Sarah even kind of called her out on that (in a sort of roundabout way).

Desperate?  Maggie sounded honest about her relationship with Victor.  Unusual in Salem, yes, applicable to Sarah and Xander, yeah.  Sarah didn't call her out, Sarah was being hysterical and Maggie told her some home truths, in a forthright but kind fashion.

• Like 1
  • Love 11
On 9/18/2022 at 12:01 PM, boes said:

SH is a good actress, she was fine on AMC and even better on the Young and the Restless. 

I never watched Stacey Haiduk on any other soap, but I first saw her in now loooong defunct tv shows SeaQuest and The Kindred.

When she popped up on DOOL, I recognized her right away from those other shows.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

I never watched Stacey Haiduk on any other soap, but I first saw her in now loooong defunct tv shows SeaQuest and The Kindred.

When she popped up on DOOL, I recognized her right away from those other shows.

Yep, I remember her from both of those too!!

• Love 1

Vanilla is a common scent - lots of soaps have some sort of vanilla scent. Even some fragrances. How quick to notice it on Craig Wesley.

Craig, Nancy is no longer your wife and she can make her own decisions. I hope that Clyde has changed and will look out for her. It is not your job anymore. Instead of getting married to someone else so soon, maybe she should have a few sessions with a counsellor to do the inner work to get past a husband who lied to her for 30 years, lied to himself, lied to everyone. It is not her fault.

So now EJ realizes that no, Ava was not nuts and she did see Jake/Stefan.

I would think Stefan had no idea that Abs was murdered.

Jack and Jennifer have ice cream night? And pop another pill.

Gwennie, nice move to turn in Leo.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Craig, Nancy is no longer your wife and she can make her own decisions. I hope that Clyde has changed and will look out for her. It is not your job anymore. Instead of getting married to someone else so soon, maybe she should have a few sessions with a counsellor to do the inner work to get past a husband who lied to her for 30 years, lied to himself, lied to everyone. It is not her fault.

I really feel bad for Nancy and I think that she is seeking validation from a man because her self-esteem is in the toilet. I can't imagine what women in Nancy's position go through in real life.  She should seek therapy and stay away from men for a while. In general single women live longer and happier lives than married women because marriage benefits men more than women.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
On 9/16/2022 at 12:49 AM, boes said:

And Peacock wants me to PAY for this bullshit???????????

The thing that really sucks is that I was paying before the Show left NBC, and it would skip a couple of the commercial breaks.  Now, I'm getting longer commercial breaks and it doesn't skip any of them.  

Is it possible that someone else murdered Abigail, and Craig just did the thing to Sonny when he was worried Leo might "get away" with it? I really hate the idea of Craig being the murderer.  

Color me surprised that Stefan and Abigail's sordid past was acknowledged.  I wondered if They would gloss over that.  It seemed like part of the reason Stefan was killed off in the first place was because Stefan raped Abigail.  

Gwen and Leo make me chuckle.  I was kinda hoping she was going to help him but, yeah, it was her turn to rat him out to Rafe.  

For as much as I love Cody McClain, her incarnation of Jennifer feels forced.  I really wish They would have given her a character she could make her own, rather than fit into the mold of someone who's been on the Show for decades.  Oh well.

• Like 3
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I really feel bad for Nancy and I think that she is seeking validation from a man because her self-esteem is in the toilet. I can't imagine what women in Nancy's position go through in real life.  She should seek therapy and stay away from men for a while. In general single women live longer and happier lives than married women because marriage benefits men more than women.

My hairstylist was married for many years - to a woman. Once the kids were older, he came out and is now married to a man. He and his wife remain friends. Don’t know if she knew all along, discovered it at some point, or it came out of the blue. Not my business so I didn’t ask him. He is about 60ish now, so it was something that happened in that generation. Nancy should not be seeking insta-validation and latching on to someone so quick. Get some counseling, and maybe slowly get out in to the dating world again.

• Love 4

Kristen should have told the judge about the time Brady and John got in a fist fight over her or the time John tried to seduce her to break her and Brady up. Maybe the writers don't include the ED years.

I really liked today's show. Ron's writing for Chloe actually reminded me of her ghoul girl days. She had snark, bite and wits that I think a lot of writers seems to forget about, including Ron most of the time. I really liked her scenes with Kate and Kristen.

I thought it was weird that Ron gave Roman a reaction to the Philip news one year later. I remember commenting on the board how out of character it was for Roman to keep Philip being alive a secret. With the Philip mentions, the flashback, and the phone call, I wonder if the show is prepping us for a Philip return. I speculated that he would return at a Chloe/Brady wedding via Kristen similar to the John/Marlena wedding with Kristen bringing a back from the dead Roman to stop it.

The biotoxin so far seems like the women got a case of light sniffles.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Lucas Rowan said:

On other fronts, thank goodness that Brady, Belle, and Shawn at least know about the neurotoxin.  And Orpheus was surprisingly as cool as a cucumber.  Even when Steve was trying to kill him (and he was fighting back against him), he managed to look totally calm.  Was that in character for him to not look panicked at all?

Yes, Orpheus's character has always been cool, composed, calculating, and nonchalant even in the face of madness.  When they were in Stockholm in the mid '80s, RoJohn/Steve/Kayla/Hope crew thought they had him locked/trapped in a storm drain, he just stood there and laughed as water rained down on him.  There's also a great creepy/dramatic scene some months later when he has a hold of his siter-in-law.  He very calmly but very coldly threatens to murder her and Roman's whole family without raising his voice.  So I'd say Ron has at least got that part of his characterization right, but the odds are it's probably more GD remembering how to play him.  He could pull off some good scenes.  Ron's mistake in writing Orpheus though seem to be how many times in recent years he's gotten caught.  80s Orpheus always had an escape plan that threw his adversaries for a loop.  

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Months later?!  How long did his original storyline last?!

It lasted for a long time. Stockholm started as Victor's revenge on Shane over Kim and it just evolved from there..  Stockholm also introduced us to Adrienne a mysterious blonde stalking Steve. Adrienne turning out to be his sister and not a disgruntled ex-girlfriend was a nice twist. So many characters were pulled into the story.  We will never get these type of stories again..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I really liked today's show. Ron's writing for Chloe actually reminded me of her ghoul girl days. She had snark, bite and wits that I think a lot of writers seems to forget about, including Ron most of the time. I really liked her scenes with Kate and Kristen.

Yea, Chloe was really fun today. And NB was great, which was unusual since she's been pretty bad lately lol.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

I've noticed in the last few episodes, the scenes with the veteran actors have been strong.  I know some people didn't like what Maggie said to Sarah, but boy did Suzanne act the heck out of that scene.  The same thing happened with Roman today.  He actually had a scene with Kate that required him to flex his acting muscle.  Maybe Days finally hired a director who know what he/she's doing.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

I really enjoyed today's show, except for Marlena's phone session with her patient.  Hacking out a lung over the phone in the ear of that poor guy with agoraphobia probably convinced him to never ever leave the house again.  We get it, Show,  Doc is a saint.

John was the best, though, when he lost it on Kristen in the judge's chambers, as was Steve trying to autograph Orpheus' neck.  Flic that bic, Patch!

Nice scenes with Kate and Roman, too.  I wonder if Philip is heading back to Salem soon?

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10

Steve should not have been allowed to visit Orpheus without a guard present. Orpheus is too calm and cool.

Too bad Roman couldn't tell the court that Philip Kiriakis is alive and well.

Yeah, the ISA will have a tough time identifying some biotoxin. No CDC involvement yet?

Chloe, did your video influence the judge? Kristen may find out and you may be getting some revenge handed to you. She is not stable.

At least the custody went to the right person. It is nice to see a man get custody of a child, when usually it goes to the mother - unless there are circumstance like the problem of a Kristen.

The only one who sounded sick was Kayla. Her cough was convincing.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

So many characters were pulled into the story.  We will never get these type of stories again..

Sad, but so true.  Back then storylines had so many facets that brought together so many different characters without feeling forced.  The stories were layered and so were the characters. Now they are too often one dimensional or just plain annoying. 

8 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Months later?!  How long did his original storyline last?!

Stockholm was the storyline that introduced him. As Pearsons80 said, it was just one part (the ending part) of a long story arc. After they returned to Salem, he continued his quest to punish Roman for several more months.   DH was filming another show so they worked around that by having him kidnap her via faking her death.  The result though was some good scenes between DH and GD that surprisingly showed a softer side to Orpheus like this clip:

As for today's episode... I guess we're supposed to see Kayla as the dedicated only doctor of Salem working through a deadly illness, but I just wanted her to slap a mask on her face rather than sneezing and coughing all over the place and then call Sarah and tell her to get her ass back to work and fill in for her! Non-contagious or not, who wants a physician who passes out mid-sentence!  

• Applause 3
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Sad, but so true.  Back then storylines had so many facets that brought together so many different characters without feeling forced.  The stories were layered and so were the characters. Now they are too often one dimensional or just plain annoying. 

Stockholm was the storyline that introduced him. As Pearsons80 said, it was just one part (the ending part) of a long story arc. After they returned to Salem, he continued his quest to punish Roman for several more months.   DH was filming another show so they worked around that by having him kidnap her via faking her death.  The result though was some good scenes between DH and GD that surprisingly showed a softer side to Orpheus like this clip:

As for today's episode... I guess we're supposed to see Kayla as the dedicated only doctor of Salem working through a deadly illness, but I just wanted her to slap a mask on her face rather than sneezing and coughing all over the place and then call Sarah and tell her to get her ass back to work and fill in for her! Non-contagious or not, who wants a physician who passes out mid-sentence!  

Also Deidre not signing a new contract with the show accelerated Marlena's death via the plane crash. I wonder what would have happened had she re-signed. The show thought that she would have stayed but the negotiations stopped abruptly and they came up with a quick exit for her and Orpheus..

33 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

I actually thought that Deidre did a good job of making Marlena sound sick, too.  I could hear her voice sounding scratchy at various points.

Me too! Deidre can be really good when she wants.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Also Deidre not signing a new contract with the show accelerated Marlena's death via the plane crash. I wonder what would have happened had she re-signed. The show thought that she would have stayed but the negotiations stopped abruptly and they came up with a quick exit for her and Orpheus..

I've wondered that too.  There were small hints of something more between them in those island scenes. Had DH re-signed I wonder if she'd have gotten her own "Stockholm Syndrome" and things would have gone differently. Would certainly change their dynamics in scenes today. 

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Orpheus is too calm and cool.

Finally found the clip I've been searching for.  https://youtu.be/b-z3VI9Q0d4

Around the 8-10 min. mark you can see how calm and cool he was while being so menacing too. Of course, the background music was a lot better then as well. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Chloe, did your video influence the judge? Kristen may find out and you may be getting some revenge handed to you. She is not stable.

Except show seems to have forgotten the minor detail that the judge could have been disbarred for even looking at that video - especially after she specifically told Chloe she couldn't discuss the case outside of the courtroom.

What is the deal with the show having all these pointless plots that don't really go anywhere and are over in a few days?  Sarah and Xander finally get married, Sarah throws a major hissy fit about something relatively minor in the history of Xander's misdeeds, and leaves him for approximately an hour and a half.  She then returns simply because she had a conversation with her mother and Xander essentially did nothing.  Kristen sues for custody, they have a few really stupid courtroom scenes and the whole thing just fizzles out.  Ava and Johnny seem about to start a relationship and then nothing - it doesn't even seem like they're staying friends.   And unless Paulina is leaving the show, her running for governor is another nowhere plot.

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Well, it looks like Clyde really did do it.  Kudos to whomever it was here who suspected him.

It certainly became pretty obvious it was him during the episode.     My memory is mush anymore, so for the life of me I cannot figure what Clyde's motive would be.  For a split second I thought maybe he was setting up Leo as a cover for Ben killing Abigail. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, sas616 said:

It certainly became pretty obvious it was him during the episode.     My memory is mush anymore, so for the life of me I cannot figure what Clyde's motive would be.  For a split second I thought maybe he was setting up Leo as a cover for Ben killing Abigail. 

Speaking of, the Clyde/Ben...er...Clyde/Alex scene was one I should have been expecting from Ron, but it still caught me off-guard. How many times now has Ron given us these nudge nudge, wink wink type of scenes. I actually wish Ben was still on the show to react to his father's latest crimes, especially considering Ben's own history with Abby. Missed opportunity.

Watching the show today, I wished RSW was a recast Nathan Horton. It would be another Horton on a show that seems like they are rapidly disappearing, Nathan/Stephanie already have romantic history, Nathan/Sarah are nephew/aunt and presumably should have a great relationship, Nathan/Brady were friendly-ish, and Nathan and Maggie relationship, and a much needed extra doctor. He could still live in the Kiriakis house and be connected to Sonny via that without these boring Kiriakis Enterprises - or whatever it's called - conversations. As you can see, I was really bored during the Stephanie/Alex/Sonny scenes, so I had a lot of time to think.

I can't imagine Clyde ever wearing anything vanilla scented.

I guess we're about to see Chad scream in the police precinct for the 15th time at Clyde. I think the extras at the Brady Pub are the only people who were spared his repetitive wrath.

I love CM as Dixie Martin. Her Jennifer is just not giving anything. I actually think CM is a better actress than MR, but Jennifer Rose Horton is just not speaking to CM's strengths. I still find myself imagining how MR would play Jennifer, and it's hard for me to feel sorry for a recast Jennifer. She also just isn't connecting with her screen partners for me. MR, regardless of her acting faults, really sold relationships. I'm not buying these relationships with CM. Again, I like CM, but I'd rather they just ship Jen back to Boston.

Edited by 4evaQuez
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I've wondered that too.  There were small hints of something more between them in those island scenes. Had DH re-signed I wonder if she'd have gotten her own "Stockholm Syndrome" and things would have gone differently. Would certainly change their dynamics in scenes today. 

12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

That would have been awesome. Don't forget that the show was hinting that Marlena was pregnant.. 

• Like 2