Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E17: The Girl with the Diamond Earrings

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, ag54 said:

So now I understand the Kathy drama. The mean girl clique (who shamelessly promote their lip gloss hair extensions wine etc) completely ignore and laugh at Kathy as she’s trying to hype her tequila. Happens not once but again in the previews for next week. No wonder she lost her shite! Forget about the tequila. It’s the humiliating way they act towards her. They pile on and are relentless. I’d be pissed at my sister too. 

THIS!
And it's KYLE who leads the rude and dismissive behavior over Kathy's tequila and she starts in immediately. I'm convinced Kyle does not want either of her sisters on the show.  She's jealous and not capable of sharing this spotlight w/ her siblings. I remember very early in season 1 - within the first couple of episodes, Kyle's impatient behavior towards her sister Kim made me uncomfortable. I need to dig out my copy of Oppenheimer's House of Hilton. I read it during season one and it's time for a re-read for me!

• Like 5
  • Applause 10
  • Love 3
Just now, eelpout said:

do you know how many laps they eventually did?

God knows, but I wouldn't count out "ONE, for the cameras".  You'd have to dig through the insider blogs for the full rundown.  Good luck with THAT.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, amarante said:

She must have paid out at least a million in legal fees so far - who is funding that?

No need to worry about her attorneys.  Maybe taking a chunk out of her Bravo pay ($500k, no?) now & assignment of her share in the Pasadena house (recently sold for $8.5 mil?) or other assets - whatever goes to her & not creditors. Not sure how the still pending divorce factors in.  Also, a huge settlement (over $1 billion?) of the Porter Ranch class action will bring a huge chunk of fees to the Girardi bankruptcy estate.  After payout (without Tom's sticky fingers to siphon any) & shares to who knows how many other firms that share in the fees - a nice chunk will go to the Girardi firm bankruptcy estate.

Some fear an Erika bankruptcy - but that may be premature. Even if she declares, her attorneys' claims are at the top of the priority payout list.  (No surprise - bankruptcy laws are drafted/influenced by attorneys who look out for themselves!) 

2 hours ago, Lassus said:

As horrifying as it is now, at the time I have to say that Erika's reaction was actually kind of on point and what any decent lawyer would have told her to say.  So.  I mean, she's gross as shit and she DIDN'T follow the court but for this episode she really wasn't actually wrong.

We don't know that.  The bankruptcy matter was filed early on when the sh*t hit the fan & where Tom first claimed dementia.  The trustee gathers & liquidates assets for the creditors' benefit. In doing so, the Trustee demanded the earrings showing evidence that client trust account $$ was used for the purchase.  Erika could have mitigated her damages then - & turned them over.  If only to save costs/fees to fight the inevitable.  She dug in. What did she gain? Nothing.  Only the scorn of many.

Not everything's a fight to the bitter end.  She CHOSE to show us a self-absorbed, stubborn, greedy witch.  Perhaps against attorney advice. We know nothing of what her attorneys actually know or advised her to do or say.  She went through several sets.  Maybe they weren't paid; maybe they couldn't tolerate her not following advice.  Her reaction might not be what "any decent  lawyer" would tell her to say.  Even "decent" lawyers can see things differently.  Or be wrong.  AND clients sometimes refuse to follow advice.  Or take time doing it, causing fees to mount. 

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Reguarding Kathys slippers.. I know plenty of women who now have foot pain and problems because they wore the tight, pointy toed shoes that in no way are comfortable or good for the feet in any way. By middle age they have bunions, ingrown toenails, and other foot ailments which wearing any closed toe shoe, hurts like the dickens after a short time.

I used to get an ingrown toenail on the outer side of my big toes which I had to work on and be on top of, most of my life. Now I only wear wide uggs in the winter and open toed birkenstocks or other open toed sandals in the warm months. I found that even wearing tight socks that hug the toes close and put any pressing pressure on the toes will also cause an ingrown toenail. I threw out all those tight nylon socks and only wear cozy, lose toed with extra room in the toe area, socks now. I have not developed one ingrown toenail ever again. Snug toed socks are as bad as tight shoes.

Fancier looking shoes are worn sparingly for weddings and funerals, and I always bring a spare pair of comfortable slippers or shoes with me if I am forced to “dress up” (in winter with close toed shoes) for any occasion to pop on as soon as possible in the car, or even half way during an event if need be. Friends and family can deal with it. Nobody puts me down, or if they are, thats their problem, not mine, though I doubt they are. I refuse to develop another ingrown toenail or the soreness of one starting to develop for anyones eye pleasure. My 60+ yr old feet look and feel great because I never overdid it with the shoe prisons. I was always comfortable feeling comfortable, lol. Maybe I was a weirdo, but it paid off, foot wise.

Kyle making a big deal out of Kathys wide toed comfortable flat slippers in public, in an effort to shame her isn’t funny, and tossing them out is mean, cruel, and really crossing boundaries. Its not like they were covered in snack food droppings. The days of getting all gussied up for a plane ride seem to be over these days, sadly so, but with the ever increasing shrinkage of space to move on these planes, wearing more loose and comfortable clothing is not unreasonable. If it was a private plane they are taking, there may be more room, but this is being done with “friends” who should care about you more than your traveling footwear choice.

I would not be surprised if Kathy finds shoes of any kind, painful to wear. So many people have podiatry problems these days because of the insane toe reshaping illusion of a natural foot into unnatural toe shapes.

Kathy does not need to advertise her wealth or status with any bright flashing labels and likes to feel comfortable. She’s also comfortable enough with herself to not feel the need to dress up fancy for a night of sitting around with these girls, gossiping on living room couches. She has nothing to prove to them or anyone else and I admire her ability to feel relaxed in her desire to be comfortable and not flashy. I’m sure if she were walking the red carpet she’d wear appropriate cinderella shoes 👠 for as long as she could bear to, before whipping out the slippers needed to enjoy the rest of the evening without being in pain or cripple walking. 

I love Sutton, but it did seem like she was over-the-top slow in getting in and out of the vehicle, making a big show about being afraid to fall. That was annoying. It’s being a little bit jerky and maybe her way of sticking it to them and getting a rise out of some of them. Still, little annoyances like that do not merit the insane rabid attacks and baseless character assassinations some of them launch and still others, applaud. Its small stuff. 

Maybe some of them are due a real tragedy in life so they can begin to “get it” about what’s important to become upset about, and stop all this sweating the small stuff.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Has anyone started getting Blue Jasmine vibes yet from E? She's no Cate Blanchett but man it's hard not to think that's where she's heading. 

I hope so!  I'd like her to try and work in a shitty dental office, bunk in her sisters apartment, try to hook another rich guy only to get dumped when he finds out who she really is.  You know, really hit the bottom. 

• Wink 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

Curious as to what made you think that? If she and Nikki and her husband are investors; and the tequila is already in bars and stores…do they need investors? I may have missed something, but I thought she was promoting a product like all these bitches do.

She said something along the lines of "I'm an investor, Nicki & James are investors, I'd like you and the ladies to ..."

And the way Kyle cut her off made it seem like she was getting ready to ask them to invest.  

I could be wrong.  But that's the way it seemed in the moment.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

I need to dig out my copy of Oppenheimer's House of Hilton. I read it during season one and it's time for a re-read for me!

That book was way more compelling and entertaining than it had any right to be! I was totally riveted reading it. The Richards sisters had a really messed-up upbringing - they are all damaged in one way or another.

• Applause 3
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, SassyCat said:

Reguarding Kathys slippers.. I know plenty of women who now have foot pain and problems because they wore the tight, pointy toed shoes that in no way are comfortable or good for the feet in any way.

There are hundreds of footwear options between cheap hotel slippers and tight pointy high heels.  Sneakers, Sketchers, Birkenstocks, Uggs, etc. etc.  

I don't think  Kathy wears cheap slippers out of the house because she's secure or rich or any other reason than she seems to be eccentric as hell.  

On the bag she said she didn't want to bring any of her good handbags to Aspen - like it's some crime capital.  I wonder if she thinks going to Kyle's house is slumming it? 

Sutton is the one that needs to leave sky high heels at home - every time she climbed in and out of a vehicle I worried she's going to fall and break a hip. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, amarante said:

@amarante's original post snipped for brevity.....

When Taylor was forced to hand over her Birkin and a Rolex it was determined they were both fake and not worth $100. I think Taylor knew they were replicas as lots of very rich Beverly Hills (and other places of course) women buy high end replicas. They are virtually indistinguishable from authentic ones and bear no relationship to the bad fakes that are sold on the street, flea markets or other dubious sources. The really high end replicas are sold in very secret type of transactions in which you have to know someone to be admitted or else do a lot of research in terms of tracking down a Chinese high end supplier and then trusting them enough to wire funds so most of the wealthy women I know use middle men to order from who take the risk and who also know the best sources.  

There are rumors out there that is how Dorit is able to "afford" most of her vast handbag collection/designer logo'd wardrobe.

Totally wouldn't surprise me!!

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 2
  • Wink 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Erika tells Crystal that there is no evidence that Tom Girardi stole money from the families of individuals who died in a plane crash. 
Joe Ruigomez received all of the settlement the court awarded him. And appeared on The Housewife and the Hustler to try to grift the system.

It would seem that Erika believes that the victims aren't real people. They're just abstract concepts in her world.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 5
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

so the excuse she gave on the show on the phone was a lie? cause on the phone she said it was because it was so uncomfortable around the other girls and thats why she went .. can she not keep her stories st8? Why lie and say it was them when it was her having anxiety attack? I mean the attack would be  easier to believe and not look like an asshole running to the lady that basically attacked a women out of nowhere and laughed about it 

The entire thing is confusing, but if your suspicions are correct, Kyle should be just as upset with Dorit as she is with Sutton.  Kyle says Sutton changes her stories around when she is with the group (specifically regarding Unfollowgate) and, Sutton would be better served to just tell things the way they are.  While I agree with Kyle about that - the truth is always better in ALL circumstances - Dorit tells Kyle she was "uncomfortable", so Kyle assumes it is because of the other ladies (i.e., Sutton and Garcelle), when Dorit may actually have been uncomfortable due to a panic attack.  Kyle then tells the other ladies at her house this story, and they all will assume that something more went down in the rental house.

Dorit should have just been straight up with the panic attack story, because she's been experiencing them and they all know it.  Now, whether the panic attack was brought on by the heinous behavior of Diana and Erika toward Sutton, or her fear of staying somewhere out of her comfort zone, we will probably never know.  But, why go and stay with Diana, who has shown herself, at least on screen, to be a nasty, cruel person?  Of course, Dorit is not on the receiving end of Diana's venom, so maybe she sees things differently.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, SassyCat said:

Reguarding Kathys slippers.. I know plenty of women who now have foot pain and problems because they wore the tight, pointy toed shoes that in no way are comfortable or good for the feet in any way. By middle age they have bunions, ingrown toenails, and other foot ailments which wearing any closed toe shoe, hurts like the dickens after a short time.

I used to get an ingrown toenail on the outer side of my big toes which I had to work on and be on top of, most of my life. Now I only wear wide uggs in the winter and open toed birkenstocks or other open toed sandals in the warm months. I found that even wearing tight socks that hug the toes close and put any pressing pressure on the toes will also cause an ingrown toenail. I threw out all those tight nylon socks and only wear cozy, lose toed with extra room in the toe area, socks now. I have not developed one ingrown toenail ever again. Snug toed socks are as bad as tight shoes.

Fancier looking shoes are worn sparingly for weddings and funerals, and I always bring a spare pair of comfortable slippers or shoes with me if I am forced to “dress up” (in winter with close toed shoes) for any occasion to pop on as soon as possible in the car, or even half way during an event if need be. Friends and family can deal with it. Nobody puts me down, or if they are, thats their problem, not mine, though I doubt they are. I refuse to develop another ingrown toenail or the soreness of one starting to develop for anyones eye pleasure. My 60+ yr old feet look and feel great because I never overdid it with the shoe prisons. I was always comfortable feeling comfortable, lol. Maybe I was a weirdo, but it paid off, foot wise.

Kyle making a big deal out of Kathys wide toed comfortable flat slippers in public, in an effort to shame her isn’t funny, and tossing them out is mean, cruel, and really crossing boundaries. Its not like they were covered in snack food droppings. The days of getting all gussied up for a plane ride seem to be over these days, sadly so, but with the ever increasing shrinkage of space to move on these planes, wearing more loose and comfortable clothing is not unreasonable. If it was a private plane they are taking, there may be more room, but this is being done with “friends” who should care about you more than your traveling footwear choice.

I would not be surprised if Kathy finds shoes of any kind, painful to wear. So many people have podiatry problems these days because of the insane toe reshaping illusion of a natural foot into unnatural toe shapes.

Kathy does not need to advertise her wealth or status with any bright flashing labels and likes to feel comfortable. She’s also comfortable enough with herself to not feel the need to dress up fancy for a night of sitting around with these girls, gossiping on living room couches. She has nothing to prove to them or anyone else and I admire her ability to feel relaxed in her desire to be comfortable and not flashy. I’m sure if she were walking the red carpet she’d wear appropriate cinderella shoes 👠 for as long as she could bear to, before whipping out the slippers needed to enjoy the rest of the evening without being in pain or cripple walking. 

I love Sutton, but it did seem like she was over-the-top slow in getting in and out of the vehicle, making a big show about being afraid to fall. That was annoying. It’s being a little bit jerky and maybe her way of sticking it to them and getting a rise out of some of them. Still, little annoyances like that do not merit the insane rabid attacks and baseless character assassinations some of them launch and still others, applaud. Its small stuff. 

Maybe some of them are due a real tragedy in life so they can begin to “get it” about what’s important to become upset about, and stop all this sweating the small stuff.

As a regular Uber rider, I can tell you for a fact that climbing into vehicles like that in a pencil type skirt is a nightmare and I'm always afraid that I'm going to tear, which I'm sure she was. Plus, it was icy, so I felt her fear there, too.

That said, it was a pretty daring outfit for her and Kathy was so right when she said Sutton has the right boobs for it. And they didn't look all floppy!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

THIS!
And it's KYLE who leads the rude and dismissive behavior over Kathy's tequila and she starts in immediately. I'm convinced Kyle does not want either of her sisters on the show.  She's jealous and not capable of sharing this spotlight w/ her siblings. I remember very early in season 1 - within the first couple of episodes, Kyle's impatient behavior towards her sister Kim made me uncomfortable. I need to dig out my copy of Oppenheimer's House of Hilton. I read it during season one and it's time for a re-read for me!

It always seems to be Kyle who leads this with her sisters.  Kim was a huge breadwinner and Kathy married a Hilton.  Kyle was left to be 3rd string.  No way was she going to let either of them on the show be more of a feature than her.  Too bad for her people saw that and knew she was the one who stirred the pot.

What Kyle did when Kathy brought up the tequilla was typical of her.  That's what she does.  Then when called on it she will cry that they were mean to her.  I'm waiting for the reunion when her tears will flow how no one understands what she goes through.  Except we do Kyle, we do.  You cause the drama and then look to the vile friends to take over.  Rinna seems more than happy to it seems.

• Like 2
  • Applause 9
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I love they tried to pull this same crap with Denise and her not being Glam enough. It’s like their yard stick of how wealthy you are that makes no sense. Now if they were at some big Gala I’d get it(yes don’t wear slippers and bring a birken) but come on

I like that Kathy isn't showy in the way Rinna, Erika, and Dorit are.

Kathy loves her totes, and she has one in every color. I doubt they're super expensive totes either. She likes to wear straw hats too. I like the low-key nature of a Kathy, or a Denise Richards. People don't need to be wearing head-to-toe designers to catch my interest.

Real wealth whispers anyway.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 15
22 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I'd rather snowmobile Mount Everest with Erika, Sutton, Garcelle and what's her name (?)…

Is it safe to assume that what’s her name will not be back next season?

• Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 8
9 minutes ago, MyMaui said:

It always seems to be Kyle who leads this with her sisters.  Kim was a huge breadwinner and Kathy married a Hilton.  Kyle was left to be 3rd string.  No way was she going to let either of them on the show be more of a feature than her.  Too bad for her people saw that and knew she was the one who stirred the pot.

What Kyle did when Kathy brought up the tequilla was typical of her.  That's what she does.  Then when called on it she will cry that they were mean to her.  I'm waiting for the reunion when her tears will flow how no one understands what she goes through.  Except we do Kyle, we do.  You cause the drama and then look to the vile friends to take over.  Rinna seems more than happy to it seems.

I seem to remember gossip back when the series started that the producers / Andy did not want Kyle for the show without Kim - or something like that. Kyle probably holds onto a lot of resentment towards her sisters. Does anyone else remember any stories along those lines? I wonder if I can find them now ten+ years later...

1 hour ago, Cheezwiz said:

That book was way more compelling and entertaining than it had any right to be! I was totally riveted reading it. The Richards sisters had a really messed-up upbringing - they are all damaged in one way or another.

I too gobbled it up! I could not get over the Richards sisters' upbringing and was both fascinated and horrified. And then I loaned that book to my Mom since she was a fan of Elizabeth Taylor, and she promptly devoured it in a couple of days!
The Hiltons and the Richards families have fascinating family histories which is the biggest reason I would rather Kyle stayed on the show despite her mean behavior.
I know I said this already, but I'd love for the show to bring back Kim and make Kathy full time. And I wouldn't mind a peek into Paris and Niki's lives (especially the Rothschilds) once in a while. Having all three sisters on the show could potentially serve to tamp down on Kyle's queen-bitch behavior. The show wouldn't have to revolve totally around these 3 and could still include Garcelle and Sutton, etc. plus any newcomers they may be able to come up with and previous members willing to come back.😁

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Surrealist said:

He's really friendly with Dorit too. I didn't think much of the rumors before, but . . . 

There was a brief and odd conversation between the two of them at the restaurant. She was sitting next to him and when the food arrived, she asked if he had chicken sausage. He replied something about it being the sausage that she wanted. Innuendo?

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Wink 2
5 minutes ago, Mar said:

Is it safe to assume that what’s her name will not be back next season?

Yes, I think so. And it's too bad as she's witty and she held a lot of promise in the beginning. Garcelle sure needs someone by her side. But I think what’s-her-name has been afraid to take sides.

• Love 4

Problem with Kyle is that she's a Robyn Dixon..but tries to be Karen Huger (RHOP).  Nothing wrong with being a sidekick or support..but Kyle seems to want to be the star..and she isn't.

Kim leaving after season 5 should have been when Kyle would be able to shine...but Kim made more impact for the next few seasons making guess appearances than Kyle.

Lastly, when will Ericka be put on pause?

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, RHofOZ said:

With regards to the tequila it is Casa Del Sol & it’s owned by Eva Longoria. Kathy & her family may be part owners or investors, but there is no way she was asking any of them to be investors. 
The tequila is already in bars & very heavily promoted by other celebrities. Lisa Rinna is just a jealous bitch

I wonder how long Rinna wine will still be sold?😂

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, Mar said:

There was a brief and odd conversation between the two of them at the restaurant. She was sitting next to him and when the food arrived, she asked if he had chicken sausage. He replied something about it being the sausage that she wanted. Innuendo?

Somebody on Reddit posted a screenshot of the two of them looking at each other at the table in a way that was a little beyond friendship. I’m assuming this is what you’re talking about. I just have a feeling that this was part of the reason why she left.

PK’s DUI (or whatever it was) aside, has anyone else picked up on some tension between those two in their scenes? She seems to be really impatient with him anymore. Something just seems off.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

She has such thin legs. I was looking at them while she was ridiculously trying to get into the van last night in a short dress and open toed high heels in the dead of winter in Aspen and thought to myself, "the last time I saw legs like that they were dangling out of a nest." LOL!

Vanna White has those same legs.

• LOL 5
21 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

I know I said this already, but I'd love for the show to bring back Kim and make Kathy full time. And I wouldn't mind a peek into Paris and Niki's lives (especially the Rothschilds) once in a while. Having all three sisters on the show could potentially serve to tamp down on Kyle's queen-bitch behavior. 

I'm okay with Kim making occasional appearances but she's not a good fit for a full time role. She rarely hosted events and almost always piggybacked off of whatever it was that Kyle was doing. She doesn't have the house or the wardrobe and frequently had to borrow clothes from Kyle. On top of that she was a mean bitch to everyone and strangely (given how things were between them the first two seasons) only seems to get along with Brandi. 

Kyle was horrible to Kathy in this episode. I was always sort of sympathetic to Kyle in terms of her relationships with her sisters but she really gave the viewers a dose this season of why her family sometimes has to cut her off for periods of time.

I feel like Kyle was probably in the shadow of Kim and Kathy growing up. Now I think Kyle sees herself as top sister. Mo is making bank and isn't in Rick Hilton's shadow anymore. Kyle (arguably) looks better than she ever did and (arguably) has more fame, attention and influence than either of her sisters. (Money, fame and appearance seems to be important to them.) 

My impression is that Kyle was the bronze medal sister for so many years that she wants to get in her digs and swipes now that she feels secure in her position. 

Kyle claims to love Kathy so much and wants her to be a part of her life but all season she keeps treating her like she's some extra special kind of tacky and weird. Like Kathy (and Kim) are Kyle's charity cases and she puts up with them because she's *such* a good sister. 

Kyle doesn't know how to be a good sister. They could give her a book titled How to Be a Good Sister and she still wouldn't be able to figure it out because after 50+ years on this Earth she still hasn't worked out how to be a decent human being. 

Damn, it feels good to sound off on this. These last two episodes have left me feeling furious with these women. Sutton needs to leave this show for her own sanity but I also don't want her to leave because then the mean girls will think that they've won. 

Also, please vote Rinna off of the island. She's had it coming for 3 years now.

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Applause 14
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

I'm okay with Kim making occasional appearances but she's not a good fit for a full time role. She rarely hosted events and almost always piggybacked off of whatever it was that Kyle was doing. She doesn't have the house or the wardrobe and frequently had to borrow clothes from Kyle. On top of that she was a mean bitch to everyone and strangely (given how things were between them the first two seasons) only seems to get along with Brandi. 

Interestingly, Kim and Brandi are no longer friends. 

I agree with everything you said about Kim, though. I don't think she needs to be on a show like this fulltime again. She can be an angry addict and that's no fun to watch.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

Interestingly, Kim and Brandi are no longer friends. 

I agree with everything you said about Kim, though. I don't think she needs to be on a show like this fulltime again. She can be an angry addict and that's no fun to watch.

It was always strange to me that they became friends after that rocky start and part of me always suspected that Brandi was friends with Kim in part to annoy Kyle. 

I'm so out of the loop on my housewives dirt. Why did Kim and Brandi fall out? My first guess is that she revealed something about Kim. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I love what you are saying and hope that it is true and this is not just an act for tv.  Kathy's quirkiness and funny side, along with her apparent lack of pretentiousness, help us relate to her and root for her.  I just wonder if she is playing this up for the cameras- the same thing that Paris did on the Simple Life.  A character she is developing to revamp her image.  

An unpretentious woman would have worn sneakers like a normal person, rather than look for attention in an airport in her bedroom slippers.  And I find it hard to believe she exited the airport and walked through the ice and snow in her slippers.  I'd bet a hundred bucks she put them on to enter the house.  She enjoys playing the wacky airhead.

4 hours ago, MyMaui said:

It always seems to be Kyle who leads this with her sisters.  Kim was a huge breadwinner and Kathy married a Hilton.  Kyle was left to be 3rd string. 

And she got to continue being third string while she and Mo paid Kim's bills and took care of her kids when Kim was feeling "fragile".  While Kathy was off living in hotels and storing her expensive items in The Waldorf 🙄. You can bet when Kathy was in town Kim wasn't griping that Kyle "stole her house" because Kathy, unlike a television audience, would know that's a lie.  She'd instead be whining that Kyle "made her look bad in front of her kids" (when she was in fact passed out during their chorus concert or something) and then if Kyle said anything Kathy would be all "there's two sides to every story" so she wouldn't rile the nasty drunk.  I won't defend Kyle with the other women, but as I have said before - my sibling is a "Kim" and I know how that goes.  If you don't know it doesn't matter telling you.  And if Kim's not friends with Brandi it's because Brandi did something to interfere with her addiction.

Edited by princelina
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Nicmar said:

Maybe its Menopause 

Maybe it’s Maybelline.  

Sorry, I resisted for almost 20 hours!  I am a child…😬🫠

I blame the heat.

5 hours ago, SnarkAttack said:

Vanna White has those same legs.

YES!  You are so right, they’re practically identical!

Edited by CallmeCray
Cause I’m a very bad math-er
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Avaleigh said:

It was always strange to me that they became friends after that rocky start and part of me always suspected that Brandi was friends with Kim in part to annoy Kyle. 

I'm so out of the loop on my housewives dirt. Why did Kim and Brandi fall out? My first guess is that she revealed something about Kim. 

I believe Brandi ran her mouth about something Kim asked her not to discuss.

The details I'm unsure about. 

I agree that Brandi befriended Kim as a way to piss off Kyle, and interestingly she mostly succeeded in doing that.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
On 9/7/2022 at 8:42 PM, Melonie77 said:

I think the only reason Erica is still on this show is because Bravo is trying to harvest as much drama out of her legal issues as possible. Yet Erica becomes enraged when talking about it. She is stuck between a rock and a hard place. She needs the money and yet she's risking damaging her case by getting drunk and revealing her true self.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. She may be starting actual menopause. She is definitely different. Last week she blew into a rage when Kathy said something about how the unfollowing was no big deal. Or maybe she's on some type of meds that make her hyper?

Sometimes I feel bad for these women because I hear menopause in no joke. But Kyle's been extremely emotional since season 1. She's always quick to cry, quick to anger. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'll check the wine aisle when I go shopping this weekend and report back. I'm in the SF Bay Area.

Sounds like a plan!!  I KNOW it's not for sale here behind the pine curtain of east Texas!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, princelina said:

An unpretentious woman would have worn sneakers like a normal person, rather than look for attention in an airport in her bedroom slippers.  And I find it hard to believe she exited the airport and walked through the ice and snow in her slippers.  I'd bet a hundred bucks she put them on to enter the house.  She enjoys playing the wacky airhead.

And she got to continue being third string while she and Mo paid Kim's bills and took care of her kids when Kim was feeling "fragile".  While Kathy was off living in hotels and storing her expensive items in The Waldorf 🙄. You can bet when Kathy was in town Kim wasn't griping that Kyle "stole her house" because Kathy, unlike a television audience, would know that's a lie.  She'd instead be whining that Kyle "made her look bad in front of her kids" (when she was in fact passed out during their chorus concert or something) and then if Kyle said anything Kathy would be all "there's two sides to every story" so she wouldn't rile the nasty drunk.  I won't defend Kyle with the other women, but as I have said before - my sibling is a "Kim" and I know how that goes.  If you don't know it doesn't matter telling you.  And if Kim's not friends with Brandi it's because Brandi did something to interfere with her addiction.

That whole story from Kathy about her purses, etc. being left at the Waldorf just seemed so off to me.  The Waldorf properties (Waldorf Astoria Hotel and the Waldorf Towers) were sold in 2014.  You mean to tell me that Kathy left a veritable treasure trove of high-end handbags, etc., languishing in some storage area for years prior to the sale and then, never had anyone retrieve them at the time of the sale?  

Just doesn't make sense, even for someone as wealthy at Kathy and Rick.  I'm sorry - I'm just not buying it.  Kathy may want to appear to be the crazy rich, eccentric, dotty auntie, but I think she's shrewd and calculating, especially given her behavior and actions during Paris' climb to fame/infamy.  From what I've read, Kathy was the brains behind most of that, including having knowlege of Paris' sex tape release before it came out.  So, for Kathy to casually say that there's thousands of dollars worth of goods that are "probably" still locked up in a storage area in a residence/hotel that was sold to an Asian company eight years ago, I'm calling that out as a rewriting of history or major untruth.

But, Erika bought the entire story and was just drooling at the opportunity to "clean up" that supposed storage area.  I think many of those items would have mysteriously gone missing - for good, if they are even still there.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Ben & Ron are genius, as usual.

They say Kyle loooves to brag about being Kathy Hilton’s sister, Nicky and Paris’s aunt, and having Thanksgiving with a Rothschild, but she also delights in ridiculing Kathy. I think Kyle’s really proud of her connection to Kathy, but also incredibly envious and jealous of Kathy.

They said the reason she is so vocal about the slippers and the bag is because Kyle suspects Kathy thinks Aspen is not a big deal (maybe Kathy prefers Vail?), so why would she make an effort? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
21 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

And Diana can go pound sand with her donation. It was an act of virtue signalling and an attempt to shade the other women for questioning Erika.  She's the type of person who thinks writing big checks automatically absolves her of any and all bad behaviour. 

Exactly. Rush Limbaugh donated tons of money to charity. It didn't erase all the hateful stuff he was known for.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

If I were rich, I'd behave like Kathy. Half of the women on this show have been robbed. They are constantly showing off their expensive homes, cars, clothes, jewelry, and bags. 

Not Kathy. Who's going to rob the shopping bag she brought as a purse? It's genius. She has a name associated with wealth and she's been rich for decades. She has nothing to prove and it seems much smarter to not take your valuables with you on this sort of trip.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Ben & Ron: I don’t even like Erika, but I was, like, Erika, no! If we were in a car, I would have thrown out my arm to prevent her from flying through the windshield.

Ok I'm out of the loop! Who are Ben and Ron?😁

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

Ok I'm out of the loop! Who are Ben and Ron?😁

They host the podcast Watch What Crappens Live.

They are very witty, quick, intelligent, observant, perceptive. They react the way most of us react to this show. But articulate everything in the most hilarious way. You can tell that they are having so much fun recording the recaps. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Mar said:

Question: What has Diana done to earn the applause, cheers, and shrieks of delight when she gets into the van in Aspen?

Only possible answer: her $$$

(everything about this show now aggravates me except for Garcelle and Sutton.)

A3F1C1E2-42A4-45C3-A671-0D9ACFBBB4F5.thumb.jpeg.fd6be6476f0d9ebd432d2fb317d152db.jpeg

When AC asked Jenny McCarthy on WWHL her opinion of Diana, she came right out and said that she likes Diana’s money and would ingratiate herself with her for that.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Not as yet AFAIK, but she may not have much choice.

https://realityblurb.com/2022/07/19/is-erika-jayne-considering-bankruptcy-rhobh-stars-finances-reportedly-in-dire-state-as-source-shares-if-she-planned-to-sell-750k-earrings/

After last night, she should be radioactive in terms of publicity, gigs, promotional offers, etc.

From the article:

As RHOBH fans well know, Erika and her estranged husbandThomas Girardi, have been accused of using the settlement funds of his former clients to fund their over-the-top lifestyle in a number of different lawsuits. And recently, a judge agreed that one former client should be able to go after Erika for $11 million.

In addition to being hit with several lawsuits, including one for the amount of $25 million from the trustee in charge of her husband’s bankruptcy proceedings, who believes the RHOBH cast member received fraudulent transfers from Thomas’ now-defunct law firm, Girardi Keese, Erika has been forced to adjust to a much different lifestyle as she goes about with no housekeeper or gardener after moving into a $9,500 rental from her Pasadena mansion.

Although Erika was previously in possession of a set of $750,000 earrings, which Thomas reportedly purchased for her with money intended for his past clients, the source denied she was in talks to sell them before a judge ordered her to turn them over on June 28.

So, there was a rumor that Erika wanted to sell the earrings. The 2007 value was $750,000. They were appraised to $1,400,000. And she appealed the judge order to give them to the bankruptcy trustee. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Mar said:

I wonder how long Rinna wine will still be sold?😂

6 hours ago, goofygirl said:

IS it for sale anywhere??  

6 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'll check the wine aisle when I go shopping this weekend and report back. I'm in the SF Bay Area.

I looked into it! I first checked Total Wine—figured that was a good place to start as they’ve had LVP wines. 😉 No dice. I did a little more googling and the press release from the alcohol manufacturer said it’d be in “select markets” in October with a wider release in 2023. 

I am SUPER curious how these taste but part of me thinks… geez, there are so many LEGITIMATELY good wines out there (and I also live in the Bay Area, so access to them is easy)… and do I REALLY want to line Rinna’s pockets? Errrrrr, no. 

(Vanderpump wines are actually good and I’ve bought them several times. Though the pink sangria is a little too sweet for me, the red one is sweet/tart and the wine is a nice Provence rose. But it makes sense for her to have these beverages—she’s in the restaurant business! Rinna is simply in the shilling stuff business, so I’m less inclined to think these are “serious” wines in ANY sense of the term.)

• Thanks 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Sounds like a plan!!  I KNOW it's not for sale here behind the pine curtain of east Texas!

I'm in Texas as well and I have not seen it as well. I have seen products from Bethany Frankels Skinny Girl line.

8 hours ago, njbchlover said:

You mean to tell me that Kathy left a veritable treasure trove of high-end handbags, etc., languishing in some storage area for years prior to the sale and then, never had anyone retrieve them at the time of the sale?  

I hate to say it, but.... this sounds plausible.  Not because they are super-rich, but because they are human beings, who are generally comfortable along a large bell-curve of lazy.

• LOL 5