Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E17: The Girl with the Diamond Earrings

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, ladle said:

I'm loathe to even mention this because we have far bigger fish to fry here, and in general as much as I don't like Dorit she seems like a great mom and her kids seem lovely... but why does she talk to her children like they are three years old?? Her son is 8, right? If I talked to my 8-year-old in that wittle baby voice she'd tell me I'm embarrassing and ask me to stop! 

And doesn’t Dorit also speak in the third-person with her children? “Mommy appreciates you supporting her when Daddy ridicules her skating.” Maybe she’s trying to remind them she’s their mother, since they spend more time with the nanny/au pair/babysitter.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

On the show, there was a scene pre-trip where Mo told Kyle he was going because there was no way he was going to miss out on the great skiing at that time.  On WWHL Kyle confirmed this and the fact that he arranged and paid for the plane so...

Anyway, it's not like he goes on every trip with Kyle or really any trip.

He showed up on the Ultimate Girls' Trip, the last night.  No other hubbies in sight...

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, ladle said:

Good point! I will say, though, that while these are all pretty awful people (Garcelle exempted, maybe?), I feel like anyone else in the cast would be much, much savvier in how they handled this. So the big surprise, to me, is not that she's so awful but that she's letting her Awful Flag Fly so brazenly. If that makes any sense.

See, I think the opposite - I think that most of them aren't awful people. Even Rinna. (Diana I do think isn't a particularly great person, though she seems to have raised lovely children, so who knows). I think that most of these women are for the most part decent people who have flaws that get magnified because of the environment they are in. 

But across each of these franchises, there is usually at least one HW per show that I think is selfish and narcissistic and IMO, on RHOBH, that person is Erika. And because I think she is narcissistic, I am not surprised her PR strategy is so awful. She doesn't think that she's done anything wrong and she can't bring herself to portray herself as humble or contrite. And given the magnitude of the accusations here, she needs to show some level of humility. She can't do it, though, so she continues to make herself look even worse. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

(Diana I do think isn't a particularly great person, though she seems to have raised lovely children, so who knows).

It seemed to me, based off Diana's own words, that she basically had her kids to give to her parents because of her brother's murder (and their loss as a result). I'm not even sure how "hands on" Diana was. 

I thought there was a weird dynamic between Diana and her eldest son when he was on camera. I got the vibe, much like Erika with her own son, that others were largely responsible for raising them.

But, maybe, I misunderstood what Diana was saying.

• Applause 3
  • Love 4
On 9/10/2022 at 9:11 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

Erika making herself the victim in that preview--lord, save me from this vicious piece of work.

It's wonderful she's getting her ass kicked everyday.  Poor, poor thing. I wonder how she'd fare being a burn patient, a parent who lost their spouse in an accident, etc?  This twat just misses her lavish lifestyle provided by her old grifter husband.  Have a nice day dear.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Wollstonecraft said:

It's wonderful she's getting her ass kicked everyday.  Poor, poor thing. I wonder how she'd fare being a burn patient, a parent who lost their spouse in an accident, etc?  This twat just misses her lavish lifestyle provided by her old grifter husband.  Have a nice day dear.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 👏👏👏👏👏

• Applause 3

On a re-watch - in a "Never Before Seen" - did Diana say she saw her five month fetus land in a toilet?  

I thought she went to the doctor and there was no heartbeat?  I can't imagine the doctor would let her go home and expel a fetus in her toilet?  

I've never, ever, ever heard of that.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, gwen747 said:

Kathy is completely high maintenance, but there's something likeable about her, especially when she's wearing those old slippers and carrying her shopping bag purse. 

Yeah, and I love how much it annoys Kyle. Kathy seems to realize that after a certain age, none of us are going to be the focus of everyone's attention 24/7. We have a "friend" that rags on us for our basic economy car. Now I want to keep it forever just to bug him...

I so want to tell him that he's been manipulated by marketing execs to the point that he thinks a person's worth is based on the value of their material goods, but I don't want to be too mean. It's pretty much all he has.

Edited by queta
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, queta said:

Yeah, and I love how much it annoys Kyle. Kathy seems to realize that after a certain age, none of us are going to be the focus of everyone's attention 24/7. We have a "friend" that rags on us for our basic economy car. Now I want to keep it forever just to bug him...

I so want to tell him that he's been manipulated by marketing execs to the point that he thinks a person's worth is based on the value of their material goods, but I don't want to be too mean. It's pretty much all he has.

Kyle was annoyed by Kathy's slippers at the airport and Aspen, and the shopping bag in Aspen because she thinks it's a bad image for the family since she is herself such a fashionista (in her own mind), and Nicky is married to a Rothschild. She asked Kathy if any media recognized her/took photos at the airport. 

Edited by ZettaK