Type keyword(s) to search

Jeopardy! Season 39 (2022-2023)

Athena
  • Start Topic

I got FJ, but must confess I only said Manet until I gave the clue a second read-through.

I got the missed clues of Austria and Mono.

I got the entire category of high Cs right.

So so game.

• Like 5

That was an enjoyable game.

I got only two ts's or missed DDs: Austria and Tommy John.

I got Monet and Manet right away for FJ, then couldn't decide which was older or younger so was very happy that I didn't have to choose. It's always nice to start off the week getting FJ.

• Like 10
7 minutes ago, Trey said:

then couldn't decide which was older or younger so was very happy that I didn't have to choose.

It's Manet (1832 vs 1840 Monet) for the record.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 6

I got FJ, but did have to read the clue a second time to understand they wanted both names.  It wasn't clear to me initially, and I had no idea which was older.  I would have chosen incorrectly.

I also got the TS of Austria (total guess), Claudia Schiffer, chintz, flocking, and Mono Lake.  Mono Lake is a really cool place.

Good game.  I'm happy with the new champ.  Alex got cocky.

• Like 4

The DR Champ must never watch baseball, was extremely surprised he didn’t know Tommy John surgery!

I cry foul on the poorly worded FJ, it sure sounded to me that they wanted the “ elder” of the two.   Considering the time constraint, they should have made it clearer.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

As a doctor, Alex has to be beating himself up that he didn’t get Tommy John in the DD.  

I got FJ but didn’t know for sure which was older.  I guessed Manet, and turns out, he was.  

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Like 5

I almost ran the entire first round, but I couldn't figure out the "Stand up and be counted" puzzle or remember the x-ray guy's name.

In DJ, I only ran homophones and pop culture, but I did pretty well.  I missed three in quotes, but only missed two in wallpaper and got all but one each in the rest.

I got FJ because I know so little about art those were the only two similar-sounding names I could think of.  I had no idea if the timing was right, so it could have been a really embarrassing guess for all I knew, but thankfully it turned out to be correct.

2 hours ago, Packerbrewerbadger said:

I cry foul on the poorly worded FJ, it sure sounded to me that they wanted the “ elder” of the two.   Considering the time constraint, they should have made it clearer.

I find "of these two men" in line with how they phrase clues (with "this elder of the two men" being how I'd expect them to indicate we had to identify the oldest one).  How would you have worded it?

• Like 4

I was hoping that Alex would win another game.  I thought the $$ would help him pay off his medical school education.  I couldn't believe it when he made that huge bed on the DD.  That was a James Holzhauer move that didn't work.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
(edited)

Got FJ tonight but had to read the clue a couple times to make sure they wanted both names and not the elder.

I can’t believe Alex missed that medical question. That was so easy…

(And notty and naughty are not homophones …)

Edited by Cotypubby
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1

I achieved roughly 50% today, so I’m satisfied. I even ran the Kander & Ebb category despite never having heard those two names before.

I’m with Packerbrewerbadger on the FJ wording. 
“At the 1865 Paris Art Salon, the elder of these 2 men said…” appears, at first glance, like they want you to name the elder of the two men. A closer look does make it clear that they just want the two names, but who has time for a careful parsing under that much pressure? The fact that two of the contestants, plus several of us, misunderstood makes me think there was a better way to word that.

As for me, I got the two names instantly then spent the rest of the time trying to figure out which was older. Since I really had no idea, I probably shouldn’t give myself the win— but I’m going to. Take that, poorly written clue.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 3
(edited)
29 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I’m with Packerbrewerbadger on the FJ wording. 
“At the 1865 Paris Art Salon, the elder of these 2 men said…” appears, at first glance, like they want you to name the elder of the two men.

But why?  I'm not trying to be argumentative here, but it perfectly follows the structure of J! clues -- what follows this/these/his/her/their is what they're looking for.  "The elder of these 2 men" is like "The Andean type of this bird".  If they wanted the elder, they'd have said "this elder".

Obviously two of the contestants and several of this forum's posters thought they were asking for something other than what they were actually seeking, I'm just trying to understand what it is about the wording that caused that since it's right in line with how they phrase things.  Sometimes it's obvious to me where a clue went wrong and caused confusion, but not this time.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
18 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I even ran the Kander & Ebb category despite never having heard those two names before.

It's one of my favorite lines from St. Elsewhere. A guy named Ebenezer Wright is touring the hospital in hopes of buying it. He says, "Call me Eb."  Later on, when it seems he's not serious about it, Dr. Auschlander says, "In all candor, Eb, you're treating this like a Cabaret."

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

I think I got FJ right? I mean, I said Monet and Manet, probably in that order, but did the order matter? I just learned from a poster here that Manet was older. Did they want it written like that? Older to younger? I found the clue confusing.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Bastet said:

,I'm just trying to understand what it is about the wording that caused that since it's right in line with how they phrase things.  Sometimes it's obvious to me where a clue went wrong and caused confusion, but not this time.

You’re absolutely right that the wording was correct, and I can’t say for certain why I was confused. All I can tell you is how I approached the clue:

At the 1865 Paris Art Salon, the elder of these 2 men said if the younger were successful, it would be "because his name sounds like mine"

These are the words that jumped out at me initially, and gave me Monet and Manet.

Than I noted the age references:

At the 1865 Paris Art Salon, the elder of these 2 men said if the younger were successful, it would be "because his name sounds like mine"

That got me focused on their ages, and trying to identify which one was speaking.

If the clue had ignored the ages and just read something like

At the 1865 Paris Art Salon, one of these 2 men said if the other were successful, it would be "because his name sounds like mine"

I don’t think I would have had a problem. The quote remains, but here the focus goes more directly to “one of these two men”. That’s why I felt it was misleading.

But maybe the extraneous information was intentional: to throw people off a little, to test their ability to get past that and to the heart of the phrasing. If so, good job! (But still, Boo.)

• Like 6
4 hours ago, Packerbrewerbadger said:

The DR Champ must never watch baseball, was extremely surprised he didn’t know Tommy John surgery!

Alex probably knew the actual name of the operation but not who Tommy John was.

• Like 4
(edited)

I'm embarrassed to have missed FJ, but I'm partly blaming my "burden of knowledge" of Western Art History. I saw "elder" and thought of the Hans Holbeins, and couldn't let go of trying to think of some other "the Elder" from the 19th century, so I gave up. 
I should have at least tried reading it aloud twice.
And, yes, I do remember that quote of Manet's.

Still, going forward with the discussion upthread about the wording of the FJ clue:
I have a FJ question to all long-time regular watchers:
Do FJ clues frequently have a misleading, "trick" component?
I've noticed clues that are puns, but not misleading. 
The wording of this one could be considered misleading. 

Still, it was worded in the precise, typical Jeopardy! manner.

9 hours ago, Bastet said:

it perfectly follows the structure of J! clues -- what follows this/these/his/her/their is what they're looking for.  "The elder of these 2 men" is like "The Andean type of this bird".  If they wanted the elder, they'd have said "this elder".

But given that ⅔ of the contestants missed it, perhaps in the future the writers should change such a FJ clue to only be seeking a single name for a correct response?

It would still require close reading to get the correct one, but not seem so much like a "trick" clue.

IDK. Alex did get it.

Nevertheless, for example, maybe instead, seeking a correct response of just one artist:

• At the 1865 Paris Art Salon, this elder artist said if one younger was successful, it would be "because his name sounds like mine"

Or:

• At the 1865 Paris Art Salon, an elder artist said if this younger artist was successful, it would be "because his name sounds like mine"

I think the second of these re-wordings is more challenging, but not so confusing as Monday's clue, and actually more comprehensible than my first suggestion.

9 hours ago, Cotypubby said:

Got FJ tonight but had to read the clue a couple times to make sure they wanted both names and not the elder.

@Cotypubby, 2 questions from this Jeopardy! viewer who only started watching regularly later in life:
Were you watching the live show with just 30 seconds to parse FJ? 
How long have you regularly watched Jeopardy!?

And, congratulations on getting it!

My TSs were just Austria and Mono Lake, but I tend to have the attention span of a flea. 

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 4
14 hours ago, Trey said:

I got Monet and Manet right away for FJ, then couldn't decide which was older or younger so was very happy that I didn't have to choose. It's always nice to start off the week getting FJ.

I thought at first that they wanted the elder artist, but re-read and realized they wanted both. I got Manet and Monet right away after that, because I always confuse them and pick the wrong one when there are clues about them.

I didn't have trouble with the way the clue was written, seems like they're always throwing in something that could lead you in a different direction and the trick is to parse it correctly if you don't already know the answer.

Pretty good game for me, I ran Momentous Dates and Kander & Ebb. Apparently I'm familiar with their work, though I don't recall ever hearing their names. I almost ran Edible Etymology (I always go with jambolaya, dag nab it), and High C. 

Completely blew Wallpaper (not a wallpaper person). Got the TS of Austria due to a familial connection with that event.

Did poorly in Models - I don't think "Tom Brady's wife" would count. But I did get Czech for Ric and Paulina. Total guess, just picked one eastern European country.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, bad things are bad said:

I see Ken is getting some crap for "pressuring" Alex into that big DD wager 

What's going on?  Alex Trebek used to pressure contestants too - not too hard but it was definitely pressure.

• Like 6

You didn't need to be familiar with the names Kander and Ebb, as it turns out, as long as you were familiar with some of their more popular shows (or knew who Judy Garland's daughter is). I was disappointed that K&E's final show, Curtains, didn't make the cut.

I got FJ, and had no trouble understanding that they wanted both names. Manet was something of a mentor to a group of slightly younger artists who became known as the Impressionists. There is a fairly famous painting called A Studio at Les Batignolles that depicts Manet surrounded by several other artists, including Monet and Renoir, as well as the writer Emile Zola. Though greatly influential on the Impressionists, Manet never exhibited with them.

• Like 6
  • Useful 3

I had a decent, not great game last night.  Ran High "C"s, Kander & Ebb and Quotable Books.  Got all but 1 in Edible Etymology, Momentous Dates, Stitch, Pop Culture, Wallpaper and Homophones.  My stumpers were Czech, the Murray river and chintz.  Should've gotten flocking but could not drag it out of my brain.  Same with the Tommy John surgery even though it shows up on Jeopardy relatively often for a medical procedure.

I'd expected to do well in International Supermodels but I couldn't remember Claudia Schiffer and I knew Kate Moss but couldn't get Kate Upton out of the way in time.  Conversely, when I saw Kander & Ebb Musicals, I thought "Who are they?" and then knew every single show.

FJ was an instaget.  I've taken a lot of art history courses over the years and I'd have bet every single penny on that one.  (Did anyone else think of the episode of Murphy Brown at Eldin's gallery show where Miles went around trying to convince people that Monet and Manet were the same person?  No?  Just me?)

15 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I was torn between rooting for the champ and the cute guy with the accent…so I'm happy with the winner.

Me, too.  I missed his introduction and interview and went back and watched them to see if something explained the accent.  Oh well, maybe tonight's game.

• Like 4
14 hours ago, Packerbrewerbadger said:

The clue literally said "these two men", indicating they wanted both names.  Just because people didn't read the clue closely enough, doesn't mean it was poorly worded.

11 hours ago, Bastet said:

But why?  I'm not trying to be argumentative here, but it perfectly follows the structure of J! clues -- what follows this/these/his/her/their is what they're looking for.  "The elder of these 2 men" is like "The Andean type of this bird".  If they wanted the elder, they'd have said "this elder".

Obviously two of the contestants and several of this forum's posters thought they were asking for something other than what they were actually seeking, I'm just trying to understand what it is about the wording that caused that since it's right in line with how they phrase things.  Sometimes it's obvious to me where a clue went wrong and caused confusion, but not this time.

Sometimes I get an answer wrong because I misread the clue, but that's on me, not the Jeopardy writers.  This FJ made perfect sense to me.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

I'm noticing that some of Ken's remarks during the interviews are not that different from Mayim's. But Mayim's voice sounds tense and forced and Ken's sounds authentic and relaxed. So she comes off fake and irritating and he doesn't. It's surprising, because she's the one who's supposed to be an actor, so I'd think she'd be able to fake an affect. But I guess she isn't comfortable in this format, and he is.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
Just now, possibilities said:

I'm noticing that some of Ken's remarks during the interviews are not that different from Mayim's. But Mayim's voice sounds tense and forced and Ken's sounds authentic and relaxed. So she comes off fake and irritating and he doesn't. It's surprising, because she's the one who's supposed to be an actor, so I'd think she'd be able to fake an affect. But I guess she isn't comfortable in this format, and he is.

She sounds like she's playing an elementary school teacher of very young children and she sounds/looks so uptight. Ken comes across as very relaxed. Heck...he's in his element. Having her co-host may be the only way they get Ken (that's been my suspicion). If he were the sole host, he wouldn't have so much time off to pursue other activities.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

@Cotypubby, 2 questions from this Jeopardy! viewer who only started watching regularly later in life:
Were you watching the live show with just 30 seconds to parse FJ? 
How long have you regularly watched Jeopardy!?

And, congratulations on getting it!

Thanks!

I was watching later at night on the DVR but did not pause it so only had the 30 seconds. Actually my brain first went "Hmm, aren't there two painters named van Eyck, one younger & one the elder? That's come up before... Wait no the names are similar not the same, and in France, Ah of course Manet & Monet. Wait do they want one or two... ok yeah "these two men" they want both." All that within the 30 seconds, ha!

I've been a regular everyday watcher for, jeez I don't know, more than 20 years. Ken Jennings had his run in 2004 (!!) and I was already regularly watching before then.

Edited by Cotypubby
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

Ken comes across as very relaxed. Heck...he's in his element.

Absolutely, that's what makes him the best. Mayim is, I think, a little better than she used to be, but she doesn't really seem comfortable at all. I've seen a little of one of her podcasts, and she seemed comfortable there. So I don't know what's up.

I've been watching Jeopardy since Art Fleming (to be fair, I wasn't an adult then), and of all of them, Ken is the most enjoyable to watch, at least for me. I loved Alex and was very sad when he died, but he could be a little rude sometimes.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I didn't have trouble with the way the clue was written, seems like they're always throwing in something that could lead you in a different direction and the trick is to parse it correctly if you don't already know the answer.

Yeah, paying attention to the wording has always been part of the game.  Which I appreciate, even though of course I fail to do that sometimes.  Clues generally aren't any longer than about 25 words, so there's time to parse them, especially since they all follow one of several basic patterns.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, bad things are bad said:

I see Ken is getting some crap for "pressuring" Alex into that big DD wager 

🙄

The stupid complaints about the hosts are getting so tiresome. And no matter what the topic of a post/article, the comments inevitably are about which host people do/don't like and/or refuse to watch and almost never to do with the actual post. A post about a contestant's funny or sad story, or a fun category, or whatever, is all "I won't watch when s/he hosts!" and "when is s/he coming back?"

And I saw one today (not on the J! page, but the almighty algorithm served it up to me) with a headline that appeared to be quoting Mayim saying she feels useless and worthless and the comments were all about what a terrible host she is and she should quit. The article was, as far as I could tell from skimming, about someone asking her, on her mental health-focused podcast, what she does when she (like everyone does sometimes) feels like that. Not her saying that hosting J! makes her feel that way. I don't love her as host but I can't imaging posting "that's because you are!" (as one commenter [paraphrased] did...the things people are willing to say on a public forum, under their actual names [presumably, since it was Facebook], disturbs me sometimes). 

Sorry, rant over.

And when the category is relevant to the contestant's area of work or other expertise, of course the host is going to hint at the connection. Alex would have done the same thing.

• Like 7
  • Hugs 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

I think I got FJ right? I mean, I said Monet and Manet, probably in that order, but did the order matter? I just learned from a poster here that Manet was older. Did they want it written like that? Older to younger? I found the clue confusing.

No, they just wanted the names of "these two men"... in no particular order.  Nothing confusing about it, IMO.

• Like 5

Pretty good game today, especially in the J round. Ran "Space Cuisine" and "Friends" and got 4 in "So You Got Your 'M.A.'" and "First Name Verbs". TSs were Mann Act and C. S. Lewis and J. R. R. Tolkien.

Didn't do as well in DJ, but still did o.k. Ran "'B' in Music" and got 4 in "2 Books in One". Well actually 4 1/2 - got the Gone Girl half of the of the $2000 clue but not the Sharp Objects half. TSs/missed DDs were Howard Carter, Dandelion Wine and Fahrenheit 451 (total guess on the "Wine" part)., Irving Berlin (DD) and Hoyle.

And I got FJ today - not quite an instaget but close. I first briefly thought of Hong Kong, but then almost immediately thought "no, it's the team from Taiwan, Chinese Taipei". So no goose egg in FJ this week - yay!

• Like 5

July 11:

53% / 63% / 57%

J!: Ugh. Ran Cartoon Critters, at least. Missed two in Space Cuisine and Friends, three in "M.A." (one was at least partly because I didn't hear the category selection) and High Places, and four in First Name Verbs (one possibly because I didn't hear the question...I got distracted by my computer being stupid).

DJ: Sigh. Missed half of one in Books and one in 7-letter Words, two in 1923, Music, and Card Games, and three in City Folk.

Had no clue for FJ. I don't watch much of the Olympics and never noticed it says Taipei.

TSes were Hoyle, Dandelion Wine/Farenheit 451, ERA, and I figured the Gillian Flynn book was Gone Girl but I don't know any other titles of hers so I had no clue on the other half.

I liked Erin's dress. Sad to see James go. I was hoping for more of the accent (guess the backstory is he grew up in Liverpool...).

• Like 5

I said Sarajevo because that is where the 1984 winter Olympics were.

I got the missed clues of CS Lewis and tolkien, Hoyle, Dandelion Wine and Fahrenheit 451, Sharp Objects and Gone Girl, and Howard Carter, but only after the HOward.

I got the entire categories of cartoon critters and books right.  I feel like I could have gotten all of space cuisine right if I had heard beet soup and not beef soup.  Oh well.

• Like 6
(edited)

Another day, another new champion.  Justin seems okay.

I got only one ts: Hoyle, and one missed DD: Irving Berlin.

I did not get FJ but I should have.

Edited by Trey
  • Like 1
(edited)

I loved Justin's story of making a Pogo Cello for the "other duties as assigned" part of his job as a Director of Orchestra Personnel.

image.png.e1d50e3734c8b120b177da8652601d5b.png

I instagot the TSs of Dandelion Wine and Fahrenheit 451, and the Equal😔 Rights Amendment.
For FJ, I could picture it on the map, but no city name came to mind.
Oh well. "Tomorrow is another day."

ETA:

I've been silently criticizing some of Ken's verbal gaffs lately, but all was forgiven when Ken quipped "You must've known him well" at Justin's incorrect response of a first name only for A CENTURY AGO: 1923 for $1600

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 5
  • LOL 2
22 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I loved Justin's story of making a Pogo Cello for the "other duties as assigned" part of his job as a Director of Orchestra Personnel.

image.png.e1d50e3734c8b120b177da8652601d5b.png

I instagot the TSs of Dandelion Wine and Fahrenheit 451, and the Equal😔 Rights Amendment.
For FJ, I could picture it on the map, but no city name came to mind.
Oh well. "Tomorrow is another day."

Thanks for the photo. As soon as he said pogo, I had a vision of this kind of weird contraption and how it's used. I think it's called a one man band. Good game tonight. Nice contestants.  I was sad to see James lose. 

• Like 3

The ERA being a TS was disheartening.

I ran "M.A.", verbs, and space cuisine, and got all but one in friends (the Tolkein and Lewis TS, so at least I was in good company).  I expected to do terribly in cartoons, but I only missed two.  On the flip side, I did worse than expected in High Places, missing three.

In DJ, I only ran City Folks, but I got all but one in everything else other than 1923, in which I missed two (and I don't think I've ever heard the Russian inventor's name in my entire life, so I could have sat here until I died and never come up with that).

FJ was a near instaguess I figured was right -- given the year, I knew the political reasons had to be something about China, so figured Taiwan, and based on the size of the city, felt it had to be Taipei.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Pfft, 2/3 of the contestants found the clue confusing.

It wasn't confusing, they didn't read it carefully.  I'm sure they're both kicking themselves, rather than crying, "Not fair."

1 hour ago, annzeepark914 said:

Thanks for the photo. As soon as he said pogo, I had a vision of this kind of weird contraption and how it's used. I think it's called a one man band. Good game tonight. Nice contestants.  I was sad to see James lose. 

This is a more typical example of a one-man-band (no pogos involved that I've ever seen!):

image.png.f024ecf499b385a697d6e190d8cf6c08.png 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Honestly, I didn’t even understand the FJ question today. I had no guess. 

I thought all three contestants were great.

Ken cracked me up when the middle contestant answered the archeologist’s first name only and Ken said “You must’ve known him well.”

• Like 4
  • LOL 9

I was kinda expecting Tang to be one of the clues in the "Space Cuisine" category, but since it wasn't I liked Ken's shout out. I think I tried it at some point in the olden days since I seem to remember it having an artificial taste that I didn't like. But I'm not curious enough to want to try it now to see what I think as a "mature" (code for old) adult

• Like 8
2 hours ago, HissyFit said:

I'm still giggling at Ken's Space Cuisine comment, "Yes, wine. You can't observe communion with Tang." 

That amused me, too, as my first response was Tang and I only just corrected myself in time.

• Like 7
3 hours ago, HissyFit said:

I'm still giggling at Ken's Space Cuisine comment, "Yes, wine. You can't observe communion with Tang." 

I thought of grape flavored Tang when he said that. There are denominations that use grape juice instead of wine.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, GreekGeek said:

I thought of grape flavored Tang when he said that. There are denominations that use grape juice instead of wine.

Yes indeed, one being the Methodists. The only time I had wine at communion was at an Episcopal church. 

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

I was reared in the Baptist church, and grape juice was always used.  Communion was called The Lord's Supper, and as I remember (it's been many, many, many years since I was a member), it was celebrated only at Easter and Christmas.

• Like 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

Yes indeed, one being the Methodists. The only time I had wine at communion was at an Episcopal church. 

I was raised Methodist. We had grape juice (in little individual shot glasses) and fresh bread (I think from a bakery in town when I was a kid, though they're long gone). My favorite church day but it was only once a month, I think. 🙂 (I hate wine.)

I was well into adulthood (and well past churchgoing) before I learned that the Methodist Church frowns on drinking. Don't think my parents got that message. 😄 

11 hours ago, chicagofan said:

I was kinda expecting Tang to be one of the clues in the "Space Cuisine" category, but since it wasn't I liked Ken's shout out. I think I tried it at some point in the olden days since I seem to remember it having an artificial taste that I didn't like. But I'm not curious enough to want to try it now to see what I think as a "mature" (code for old) adult

I was, too, and it was my first thought on that question, but that didn't make sense. I don't remember if I liked Tang as a kid; we were a Kool-Aid family so I probably only had it at a friend's once in a while. Not interested in trying it, either.

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 4
17 hours ago, chicagofan said:

Didn't do as well in DJ, but still did o.k. Ran "'B' in Music" and got 4 in "2 Books in One". Well actually 4 1/2 - got the Gone Girl half of the of the $2000 clue but not the Sharp Objects half.

I got "Sharp Things" and Gone Girl. Not quite right, but on the right track.

12 hours ago, chicagofan said:

I loved Tang as a kid - I mean, I was raised on Koolaid, so the artificial taste was right up my alley and I was very interested in the space program. Don't drink them now, my palate aged.

I once went to church with a Mormon girl, many many years ago. They used grape juice too, as I recall. For some reason I expected Ken to say something, but then I realized he probably didn't want to bring his personal religion into it.

It was a fair game for me, didn't run anything but got more than one in most categories.

No FJ, though. Thought of the wrong superpower and couldn't get back.

• Like 4