Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E07: Real Life Reckoning

• Start Topic

I don't think most people here have a problem with Lindy beyond her talking to much and being in her head too much. It's not dislike, just observations.

18 hours ago, Chalby said:

That's when I realize we don't have to worry about her being steamrolled by Mitch. If she feels he's checking out for whatever reason, she'll show him the door 

I don't totally agree with that. She failed once and I think she desperately wants this work. I also feel like her I'm the captain now stuff was mostly bluster.

I'm going to start calling Bihn Bihn Bot because he really does feel like a robot that doesn't understand or have emotions. He feels programmed and not real.

The pay discrepancy is interesting.

Women who are highly successful will possibly have a hard time on two fronts. Trying to find someone "on your level" financially limits your dating pool. Also, even if you dont care about that, you have to find a man who doesn't care.

So, it makes sense that you would see highly successful women on this show. Women who have it all except for romantically.

• Love 2

I wanted to do this for energy conservation but I'm too lazy and forgetful. 

I used to have a roommate who was insistent about always unplugging the toaster oven because she was afraid it would cause a fire. It drove me nuts. I was in the habit of putting a bagel in there, turning it on a grabbing my coffee and lunch out of the fridge, with the last thing I'd grab on the way out the door being the nicely toasted bagel. Instead I'd be cooling my heels waiting for it to toast while I was running late because the stupid toaster oven had been unplugged. I could never remember to check it first.

She’s either nervous around him or has a physical or mental problem.

Or she is just really chatty. Some people just talk a lot.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Chalby said:

I agree with your post, except Nate. Nobody knows if he has a laundry list or not, because he's a hard person to read. I don't believe we've met the real Nate yet. However, he's probably in line with the Nate we saw at the bachelor party 

Nate has significant issues with his "birth mother."  Whether he ever psychologically "bonded" with her is important because, from personal experience, if an adult man hasn't experienced the unconditional love that bonding with his mother provides, serious  problems may arise to torpedo the marriage.  

Nate seems very blase and uncommunicative on this subject, whereby Stacia is much more open to discussing her issues with her birth father.  I know she suggested couples counselling and if Nate actually engages with the therapist (not "sleepwalks through the sessions) I think it could help their relationship greatly.

• Love 2

I agree with the annoyance of Lindy's over-talking.  It's one of the worst habits that some people have.  

It's so annoying when you can't get a word in edgewise.  I call it the "um hum.  um hum" syndrome, because that's all you can say back to a person like this.

My sister does this.  I answer the phone, and she's already in the middle of a story.  I spend the next hour saying "um hum.  um hum".  I could say that my house is on fire, and she's still telling me about a dress sale.

A co-worker had this syndrome; our boss told her to think about what she wanted to say, and to say half.  Never worked.  I roomed with her at a meeting once, what a mistake.  I'd wake up to her constant chattering.

So I'm not sure if Lindy can stop it, as it's like a nervous tic or something.  

I'm in sales, and many years ago, via professional sales training, the best lesson I ever learned to overcome this was super simple, which I do in personal life as well:   Ask a question, then literally, LITERALLY, shut your mouth.  The other person will answer.  Ask a follow-up question, shut your mouth.  Repeat.  Don't feel the need to say, "Oh, that happened to me once!  blah blah blah".  Just stop, listen, and respond.  It's called having a conversation.  Not sure if Lindy will ever get this.

Miguel will have to hide behind his bear costume to escape.

Speaking of which, I wonder why Miguel has never found a gamer companion to fall in love with?

Edited by Starlight925
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 8/18/2022 at 9:12 AM, Shauna said:

Me thinks Nate added a 1 in front of his actual income.

That's very generous of you. I thought he must've added a 0 at the end.

Seriously, I thought, "Potential MAFS income doesn't count, NATE!!"

On 8/18/2022 at 10:50 AM, Elizzikra said:

I can't imagine that Justin earns $150,000 as a day trader. I suppose it's possible but ... 

I am so skeptical of Nate that I don't even believe he's a legitimate daytrader. 

I think he trades (fake bags, drugs!) and he does it during the day.

On 8/18/2022 at 11:05 AM, Retired at last said:

Wasn't he the one who said he would look on You Tube to find out how to be affectionate? Pastor Cal wanted to slap him.

My take on last night. . . I still don't like many/any of these people, either apart or together. Lindy is so cute and she and Miguel could be good if she would get out of her head and stop playing "what if." He has already said that he is not focusing on the 8 weeks anymore and she isn't hearing him. She is too busy trying to tell him how he should tell/not tell her what he is feeling so she isn't "triggered." Grow up and be an adult and talk to each other. He is being real and she is being a baby who is going to be her own worst enemy. Again, if she blames it on her religious upbringing, then her being on the show isn't fair to Miguel. Although she sure seemed comfortable with a non-religious vocabulary!

I really want to like Miguel especially because Lindy likes him so much, but I just can't help but to think of him as a jerk. He has too much pride and does not bend in an effort to placate others. First the, "I'm not gonna tell you that you look pretty" at the reception. Then the constant ribbing on religion. Then the continous D-Day talk.

On 8/18/2022 at 11:05 AM, Retired at last said:

Morgan, to me, is thoroughly unlikeable. She seems so rough and, yes, had a shitty childhood and is guarded,

Superficial, I know, but Morgan walks like a lumberjack. I noticed it last episode and this episode. 

On 8/18/2022 at 11:52 AM, Spectator said:

You can’t tell me that whatever expert did the home visit to Mitch’s place prior to the matching process walked away from it thinking he was excellent husband material. 

Disgusting! After seeing his apartment, I couldn't help but wonder how clean (dirty) he keeps his body.

• Love 9
On 8/19/2022 at 9:55 AM, qtpye said:

I was surprised that Krysten was in the mood for a "bath" with Mitch after seeing all that filth.

She probably wanted to make sure he washed his body before sexy-time.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, Kira53 said:

This is how he lives.  He didn't create this to control someone else.  In my experience, many engineers are about efficiency in their life as well as in their work.  I've known someone to still be looking to cut 30 seconds on their morning routine at the age of 50.  They are having fun with this.  My electric company still pushes us to unplug appliances and computer when not using them since they use power plugged in.  I wanted to do this for energy conservation but I'm too lazy and forgetful.  I never even turn off my computers which is bad.  

Nate didn't grow up poor.  His father was in the military and his early life he grew up outside the US.  Black but not poor.  He had problems feeling accepted at school when he returned to the US.  I think it was because he wasn't comfortable being bi-racial.  I think it was that he was different from moving around the world and being from a military.  

Who is Nate?

Nate is a 34-year-old day trader. As reported by PEOPLE, Nate was raised by a single father and grew up in Las Vegas. He is currently looking for a partner to match his mindset and wants to 'build an empire with a wife and family'.

I noticed over on the bachelor and here many drown me in ‘like’.  I want to say stop it!

Many older women never take a breath when they are talking to anybody. They just go on and on. 

Conversation is where you speak, pause then I say something!

I’m kind of surprised nobody has ever sat them down and said listen up….parents, friends, siblings, lovers!

Can you imagine interviewing or dating someone that never pauses…. Has to be a personal handicap in many things. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

noticed over on the bachelor and here many drown me in ‘like’.  I want to say stop it!

I had an opening on my team, while I was working, for a trainer. I did have to tell someone that while she may have some good skills, I would not be able to hire her.  We delivered training presentations to students and senior leadership. I explained that the expectation is that our team is professional and that her use of "like" was too distracting. I hope she appreciated the feedback. I even gave her another chance after I gave her the feedback to see if awareness would help, but it didn't. HORRIBLE habit.

• Applause 2
  • Useful 1
On 8/20/2022 at 3:04 PM, Elizzikra said:

I think being a chattery, talkative person is who she is and it would be a big change. It would annoy the hell out of me, but she is who she is and I think Miguel either has to learn to live with it or divorce. Maybe there is some middle ground like "Lindy - I love talking to you but I need some quiet time when I'm reading or when I'm in the home office" or whatever. But I don't think it's a small habit she can easily change or should have to change.

Sometimes an arrangement can be made where when my ears get tired I hold up my pointer finger and you cease talking!

It can work believe me!

• Sad 1

Compared to all the other wives whose husbands told them they weren't attracted, Krysten has handled it the best. Kate, Mindy, Paige, Brett. What's the difference between them & her? She said it was okay & didn't get mad? 🤔 I thought the card & coupons were too much too soon, is he really doing better? At least she didn't do like Brett & do a hundred things she likes about him. 😅 IMAGINE if he said he'd pass on the bath coupon that was expiring that night. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Lindz said:

Compared to all the other wives whose husbands told them they weren't attracted, Krysten has handled it the best. Kate, Mindy, Paige, Brett. What's the difference between them & her? She said it was okay & didn't get mad? 🤔 I thought the card & coupons were too much too soon, is he really doing better? At least she didn't do like Brett & do a hundred things she likes about him. 😅 IMAGINE if he said he'd pass on the bath coupon that was expiring that night. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

To me Krysten is a "class act" and that title will hold as I presume she will let this boob "husband" down slow and steady as we reach the end of this tawdry "experiment."

I hope that perhaps some gent viewing the show, or in some other manner, sees her and by whatever means (perhaps social media) pursues her after this debacle concludes.

• Love 9
On 8/18/2022 at 7:00 PM, Alexander Pope said:

Why do we have to have a decorative tray on the bed?  do we live in a hotel?

As soon as I saw how attached she was to the decorative tray, I realized there's a lot of superficiality to this woman.

• Applause 1
  • Love 8
59 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

I hope that perhaps some gent viewing the show, or in some other manner, sees her and by whatever means (perhaps social media) pursues her after this debacle concludes.

I have always wondered about this. There seems to always be a couple of "fiances" who got screwed out of the whole marriage experience, and I always think there are so many great people out there, looking to settle down. I hope people reached out through social media to mindy, Chris, and Olivia, and that lovely blonde girl who married someone who obviously did not like women, and everyone knew it but him.

If all of the spurned spouses get a decent mate via social media, then living through Married at First Sight was the best thing for them.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I had an opening on my team, while I was working, for a trainer. I did have to tell someone that while she may have some good skills, I would not be able to hire her.  We delivered training presentations to students and senior leadership. I explained that the expectation is that our team is professional and that her use of "like" was too distracting. I hope she appreciated the feedback. I even gave her another chance after I gave her the feedback to see if awareness would help, but it didn't. HORRIBLE habit.

Lol, I feel like we're talking about Judge Judy and her hatred of filler words such as: "like", "basically", and "well"

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 8/19/2022 at 3:49 PM, gwen747 said:

I bet it drives Mitch crazy that condoms are single use. 

I hope he believes they are!(single use). He is so delusional he might argue

for reuse. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3
On 8/19/2022 at 12:41 AM, Chalby said:

These are interesting observations, and further support  my theory that many of the participants aren't mature enough, emotionally, to compromise efficiently.

Lindy's insecurity is reflected in her babbling, whereas Miguel's is reflected in his false confidence.

Overall, I understand why Lindy feels triggered by the words decision day. She entered this marriage with the resolve that I'm married, and therefore I am going to work on this because I don't believe in divorce. Miguel entered saying I'm going to work really hard on this until decision day. So I understand her completely.

I laugh at the idea of Nate leaving her, or his friends not approving of her, because although he talks the talk she walks the walk when it comes to money and power. Nate is so concerned about preserving an image I don't think any of us know who he really is.

As for Binh, and Mitch... One perseverates on saving nickels, the other one is oblivious to how his  messy/dirty his home is.

They both need to grow up and quit thinking others will settle into their routines or accept their levels of cleanliness. Everyone involved needs to be willing to give a little bit, and adjust expectations in order to ensure realistic compromises, and communication, are taking place.

I’m wondering why Mitch even applied to be matched.  No way he’s ready for marriage.  Maybe he wants a housekeeper?  But he doesn’t seem concerned about his living environment.  So, Mitch, why marriage?   Or just another adventure?   I’m loathing you right now.  

• Love 1

These couples all seem doomed. 
Mitch should be delighted with Krysten. Between his oddball ways and his filthy pigsty of an apartment, he is lucky she wants to take a bath with his foul self. 
Lindy just can’t shut up. She does not need to vocalize her every thought and fear. 
Nate knows he doesn’t need to make 250 grand to have a kid. He wants to put the having kids talk on hold.
Binh is distracting everyone with the frugal weirdo stuff because he’s not ready to admit that he’s not attracted to Morgan. 
Poor Justin. I think he really does want to be married. Alexis only wants it if everything goes her way. Justin should have gotten Mya out of there as soon as she showed teeth to poor Newton. If his dog has bitten other dogs he should have been extra cautious. An on camera meeting is not a good idea. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I like Krysten, and I also like Mitch.  I hope they both find suitable partners after this "experiment" is over. 

Mitch might look up Krysten's mom after the experiment...

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Binh is distracting everyone with the frugal weirdo stuff because he’s not ready to admit that he’s not attracted to Morgan. 

He is way beyond frugal and well into tightass territory & there's a huge difference.

• Like 2
  • Love 6
On 8/21/2022 at 11:30 AM, Jeanne222 said:

Who is Nate?

Nate is a 34-year-old day trader. As reported by PEOPLE, Nate was raised by a single father and grew up in Las Vegas. He is currently looking for a partner to match his mindset and wants to 'build an empire with a wife and family'.

Military kids struggle to explain where we're from. I generally tell people I'm from Virginia, because that's where I lived the longest and where my family eventually settled, but I moved 7 times before I started high school. So it's entirely possible that Nate spent time in early childhood moving with his military dad and then they eventually ended up in Vegas, where there is a very large Air Force base. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Nancybeth said:

Military kids struggle to explain where we're from. I generally tell people I'm from Virginia, because that's where I lived the longest and where my family eventually settled, but I moved 7 times before I started high school. So it's entirely possible that Nate spent time in early childhood moving with his military dad and then they eventually ended up in Vegas, where there is a very large Air Force base. 

I understand the struggle.  I would guess my sons family moved that many times too. 

Being military has both it’s struggles and it’s rewards!

• Like 1
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Being military has both it’s struggles and it’s rewards!

I definitely agree!  From my perspective, it's not the military disruptions to his living situation that most affected Nate's emotional well-being.  It was that his bio mother was apparently not in the picture.

That his father had a successful military career gave Nate structure and stability along with financial benefits.  That was a good thing.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Binh was a frugal weirdo long before he met Morgan though…

• Like 3
  • Love 4
On 8/20/2022 at 6:41 PM, Racj82 said:

Women who are highly successful will possibly have a hard time on two fronts. Trying to find someone "on your level" financially limits your dating pool. Also, even if you dont care about that, you have to find a man who doesn't care.

So, it makes sense that you would see highly successful women on this show. Women who have it all except for romantically.

Don't you feel that many of the "professional career" women who sign up are paired with guys who aren't on their level? It feels like men with money look for arm candy, and women with money look for quality partners. This season though I don't see a lot of quality male partners stepping up.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 8/19/2022 at 11:19 PM, Chalby said:

I realize that Lindy is unpopular on this forum, but I really like her.

On 8/20/2022 at 6:19 AM, Starlight925 said:

+1 for liking Lindy.  Unpopular opinion, but she's actually my favorite female.

Add me to the Lindy supporters! I think she's cute and other than worrying too much, I think these two are the most likely to stay together. They seem to have the most natural rapport with each other. Mitch and Krysten and Nate and Stacia also seem to get along easily, but I just think there are too many issues with Nate and Mitch for that to last long term. Lindy is high strung, but she does respond when he tells her to stop worrying.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
On 8/23/2022 at 12:35 AM, Chalby said:

Don't you feel that many of the "professional career" women who sign up are paired with guys who aren't on their level? It feels like men with money look for arm candy, and women with money look for quality partners. This season though I don't see a lot of quality male partners stepping up.

I don't think we've anything to suggest they can't step up or be a quality partner. No one here has really done any of the day to day couple stuff or had real strife except for Justn and Alexis. Maybe Morgan and Bihn. But, I'm more talking about the day to day grind of a relationship. This is kind of just getting started for real.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 8/18/2022 at 10:19 AM, Shauna said:

So, hear me out on this. 

I have a friend who has Graves Disease.  This involves bulging eyes.  I can't figure out if Krysten's eyes are just big or if she might have a medical condition.  I keep comparing her to everyone else on the show and this is especially prominent when looking at her profile.

On another note, ewww to whomever had their feet on the bed WITH SHOES.  It was Stacia or Krysten.  I believe it was the former.  Just gross.  I don't even wear them in the house, let alone PUT THEM ON SOMEONE ELSE'S BED. 

Krysten does remind me of one of my friends who has thyroid problems. She used to have issues with her eyes being “bulgy” but meds have really helped her out. 

It was Stacia with her feet on the bed. I thought the same thing. So gross!

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Racj82 said:

No one here has really done any of the day to day couple stuff or had real strife except for Justn and Alexis. Maybe Morgan and Bihn. But, I'm more talking about the day to day grind of a relationship. This is kind of just getting started for real.

That's a good point. "Quality" might not be the right word as these men haven't shown themselves to be horrible (like the past seasons always show some nasty guy/gal). They have "quality" just not in the form of finances. But thankfully they seem to all have moral qualities. We don't seem to get a lot of wealthy men on this show, do we?

On 8/22/2022 at 6:25 PM, Elizzikra said:

Binh was a frugal weirdo long before he met Morgan though…

Binh and Mitch should get along, they almost seem alike in their passions to save a penny and save the earth. I know recycling and reusing are important for our earth, but whenever I see Mitch I just think of filth. He forgets that reusing doesn't mean not cleaning, or only clean once.

On 8/22/2022 at 1:48 PM, Crashcourse said:

I like Krysten, and I also like Mitch.  I hope they both find suitable partners after this "experiment" is over. 

Krysten will definitely find someone. She's a good catch in my mind, and she'd be nuts to allow Mitch to continue dragging home garbage to be reused.

• Love 1
On 8/21/2022 at 3:17 PM, Jeanne222 said:

I noticed over on the bachelor and here many drown me in ‘like’.  I want to say stop it!

Many older women never take a breath when they are talking to anybody. They just go on and on. 

Conversation is where you speak, pause then I say something!

I’m kind of surprised nobody has ever sat them down and said listen up….parents, friends, siblings, lovers!

Can you imagine interviewing or dating someone that never pauses…. Has to be a personal handicap in many things. 

Full disclosure: I am a chatterbox by nature, but much of my chatter is just ambient talking when I'm alone. Some people journal, I talk. Yes, I have talked about this with my therapist and she feels that it is my outlet. HOWEVER...one thing I decided when I moved and had to build a social life from scratch was to talk less and listen more....and ask others about themselves. I was a fairly new widow and didn't want to go into my long aria of bereavement torment so listening made that easier.

I have a friend who is a walking mess of free-floating anxiety, despite her denial of same. When she is talking it is always about her Woe du Jour, and it goes on endlessly. And if someone else manages to get a word in edgewise, she is all "uh huh....uh huh...." just waiting to be able to continue her litany. It is exhausting. If Lindy and Miguel don't work out, it will be that anxious people like Lindy, who don't seem able to control it, just suck the life force right out of you. They are draining.

• Love 3
On 8/19/2022 at 12:43 PM, kristen111 said:

I go to Pain management until I have my spine surgery.  The only time I see the Doctor is for shots.  Otherwise, I see the Physician Assistant who takes care of everything else and is wonderful.

Thank you (from a PA who has done spine surgery in the past!)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 8/20/2022 at 12:19 AM, Chalby said:

(That being said, if Lindy's family is going to be judgemental because Miguel doesn't have a "relationship" with a "higher power " then I'd advise him to run for the hills.)

Not sure why you mention her family; if it's important to Lindy then that is a big issue. Many people place a lot of value in faith and it guides them in life. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with someone who has no beliefs at all-and I'm not a very strict Christian by any means.

On another note, I noticed something weird- when Nate and Stacia were at her apartment (that of the bed tray), I noticed when they first panned over the kitchen there was a glass cooktop on the island. A big black rectangle on an otherwise empty white island. Later, after the bedroom visit and during the kitchen Nespresso conversation, the cameras panned out and the island was empty, no cooktop. I rewound twice to double check. Could they be visiting investment properties of hers, and the editors spliced together visits to more than one apartment?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 8/20/2022 at 2:09 PM, Kira53 said:

This is how he lives.  He didn't create this to control someone else.  In my experience, many engineers are about efficiency in their life as well as in their work.  I've known someone to still be looking to cut 30 seconds on their morning routine at the age of 50.  They are having fun with this.  My electric company still pushes us to unplug appliances and computer when not using them since they use power plugged in.  I wanted to do this for energy conservation but I'm too lazy and forgetful.  I never even turn off my computers which is bad.  

I understand this. I also understand that sometimes the tiny little victories are kind of satisfying in a way. For example, I get happy when my grocery gas savings amount to 40 cents a gallon, saving me what?- 6 bucks on a tank? - but I don't really flinch if I want a $100 pair of shoes.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 8/21/2022 at 8:43 PM, Chalby said:

Lol, I feel like we're talking about Judge Judy and her hatred of filler words such as: "like", "basically", and "well"

The other one that's becoming common (I hear it on podcasts a lot, after the interviewer poses a question) is "So....."

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

The other one that's becoming common (I hear it on podcasts a lot, after the interviewer poses a question) is "So....."

I agree.  It's a lead-in so many times on interviews, sometimes with the highest officials.

I'm never sure what it means????  Why wouldn't they make their remarks without the

"lead-in"????

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m such a “So-er” and I drive MYSELF crazy with it. 

LOL....did you get it from repeating what you heard from so many  "luminaries" or was it something you thought of yourself??😄

• LOL 1
23 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I understand this. I also understand that sometimes the tiny little victories are kind of satisfying in a way. For example, I get happy when my grocery gas savings amount to 40 cents a gallon, saving me what?- 6 bucks on a tank? - but I don't really flinch if I want a $100 pair of shoes.

The tiny little victories are great (shout out to Grant and Danny on 106.7 The Fan)!  But not when the cost is too much, like with Binh.  Grocery gas savings are the best...I've saved as much as 63 cents per gallon of gas.  But the savings would be so much less 'rewarding' if, for example, the grocery store was way farther away and other stores were closer, had a much smaller selection than the closer stores so there are things you really want that you habitually have to do without, the lines are crazy long, and there are always mistakes in the scanning.  That's the kind of thing that it seems like Binh would not do a good cost/benefit analysis on, and would only focus on the purchased gas $$ savings, ignoring the extra gas used to get there, the value of the wasted time, and just the idea of having some things in life that aren't strategized maximally but just enjoyed.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

The tiny little victories are great (shout out to Grant and Danny on 106.7 The Fan)!  But not when the cost is too much, like with Binh.  Grocery gas savings are the best...I've saved as much as 63 cents per gallon of gas.  But the savings would be so much less 'rewarding' if, for example, the grocery store was way farther away and other stores were closer, had a much smaller selection than the closer stores so there are things you really want that you habitually have to do without, the lines are crazy long, and there are always mistakes in the scanning.  That's the kind of thing that it seems like Binh would not do a good cost/benefit analysis on, and would only focus on the purchased gas $$ savings, ignoring the extra gas used to get there, the value of the wasted time, and just the idea of having some things in life that aren't strategized maximally but just enjoyed.

Those are the sort of people who we would say "step over a pound to get to a penny". I worked with a girl no too long ago who would spend $2 on gas driving to a place that was 5 cents per gallon cheaper and could never understand why she had so little in the bank (nothing).

• Love 1
On 8/26/2022 at 10:24 AM, KateHearts said:

Not sure why you mention her family; if it's important to Lindy then that is a big issue. Many people place a lot of value in faith and it guides them in life. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with someone who has no beliefs at all-and I'm not a very strict Christian by any means.

On another note, I noticed something weird- when Nate and Stacia were at her apartment (that of the bed tray), I noticed when they first panned over the kitchen there was a glass cooktop on the island. A big black rectangle on an otherwise empty white island. Later, after the bedroom visit and during the kitchen Nespresso conversation, the cameras panned out and the island was empty, no cooktop. I rewound twice to double check. Could they be visiting investment properties of hers, and the editors spliced together visits to more than one apartment?

Allegedly there are TWO kitchens in that apartment, one upstairs and one downstairs. And we were jealous of Greg with his double ovens!

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 8/18/2022 at 11:37 AM, gwen747 said:

Binh is so non-sexual. He's the type who thinks making lists, reading books, etc is the key to a good relationship. 

Wait, it's not? Those are two of my favorite things. ✍️ 📚

But if Binh made me read hunched over one low-watt light bulb, forget it.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, kikicat said:

Wait, it's not? Those are two of my favorite things. ✍️ 📚

But if Binh made me read hunched over one low-watt light bulb, forget it.

Natural light, then a candle. But only one.

• LOL 3
On 8/22/2022 at 5:43 PM, Chatty Cake said:

Nate knows he doesn’t need to make 250 grand to have a kid. He wants to put the having kids talk on hold.
Justin should have gotten Mya out of there as soon as she showed teeth to poor Newton. If his dog has bitten other dogs he should have been extra cautious. An on camera meeting is not a good idea. 

Alexis should have gotten Newton out.  She should have been more attentive.  She was irresponsible.

Nate wants to put having a child on hold with a woman he knows 2 weeks.  Not shocking.  Especially a woman who is so attached to a tray - might not be flexible enough to be a good mother.  She is very anal and wants her way in cleanliness.  Babies are  not very clean.  But don't scrub them too hard or disinfect them.  

• Like 3
  • Love 2
On 8/22/2022 at 3:37 PM, Ms.C. said:

I’m wondering why Mitch even applied to be matched.  No way he’s ready for marriage.  Maybe he wants a housekeeper?  But he doesn’t seem concerned about his living environment.  So, Mitch, why marriage?   Or just another adventure?   I’m loathing you right now.  

Krysten is desperately trying with Mitch.  Right now, the show is probably paying for dinners out, etc.  Everything that costs money.  I’m afraid if he stays with her, will he become cheap, want to live in crummy apartments, no eating out, no buying unnecessary clothing, etc.  He might be a cheapo, and she will have trouble with that.  What about kids?  They cost money.  He might give them the minimum.  Now things are good.  What about after.  Will they be eating good and expensive things?  In my house, I am in charge.will Mitch be on top of her concerning every little thing?  He appears to be the type, to me anyhow.  She has to find out all these things before decision day.  They are dealbreakers.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 1
51 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Krysten is desperately trying with Mitch.  Right now, the show is probably paying for dinners out, etc.  Everything that costs money.  I’m afraid if he stays with her, will he become cheap, want to live in crummy apartments, no eating out, no buying unnecessary clothing, etc.  He might be a cheapo, and she will have trouble with that.  What about kids?  They cost money.  He might give them the minimum.  Now things are good.  What about after.  Will they be eating good and expensive things?  In my house, I am in charge.will Mitch be on top of her concerning every little thing?  He appears to be the type, to me anyhow.  She has to find out all these things before decision day.  They are dealbreakers.

I wonder if he is cheap the way Binh is cheap. I think that Binh is just super tight with a buck and it applies universally across his life. Mitch is willing to spend money, I think, but within his means, which don't seem to be as ample as Krysten's. And he won't spend money on anything that he deems not environmentally sound. But his surfing equipment looked (to my uneducated eye) to be decent and the electric bikes aren't cheap. 

• Love 2