Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E07: Real Life Reckoning

• Start Topic

Stacia & Nate

They seem to be working things out. She's a little snooty but not too bad. Not sure why either of these people would want to get married this way. They both have the ability to pick a suitable mate.

Binh & Morgan

Morgan is carrying a great deal of baggage...and none of it is checked. I can't imagine it was a good idea for such a troubled person to be selected. From how they were talking, it seems like they were aware that she's had a very disturbing past. How was getting married to a stranger going to solve those issues? 

Lindy & Miguel ~

Looks like they won't have to wait long for the testing of their relationship. Cal sounded like a prophet. When someone falls 'head over heels' in love its because its a very slippery path. I still think they can be a great couple.

Krysten & Mitch

For being an environmental policy advocate his apartment looks like a biological Petri dish. What a pig. I wish my wife would have watched with me because she thought I was a pig. I wonder if he just said the hell with doing any cleaning, or if this is how it looks after a through cleaning? I don't know how much of his odd affectation is due to the pressure of being on TV. He put an app in for this show and probably figured he'd never be picked. All he has to do to make this work is treat Krysten right. Frankly, I don't believe he could do better than her and she would make his life much better not the other way around. At least prevent ptomaine poisoning.

Justin & Alexis

I like this couple the best. I'll be disappointed if they can't work things out.

Edited by DrewPaul2010
Include something
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Did no one tell Mitch he needed to clean his apartment before the tv crews showed up?  That was awful. 
Nate really didn’t know what to think of Stacia’s apartment 

Her apartment was so sterile.  Nothing around like pictures, etc.  like an up class hotel.  Not warm and inviting.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

And that's making Krysten look all the more desperate.

I wonder why she was left at the alter.  What a heartbreak.  She’s trying everything so it doesn’t happen again.  To the point of accepting all his faults.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I wonder why she was left at the alter.  What a heartbreak.  She’s trying everything so it doesn’t happen again.  To the point of accepting all his faults.

She dumped her boyfriend two weeks before the wedding after his mistress told her about their affair

• Sad 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Stacia & Nate

They seem to be working things out. She's a little snooty but not too bad. Not sure why either of these people would want to get married this way. They both have the ability to pick a suitable mate.

Binh & Morgan

Morgan is carrying a great deal of baggage...and none of it is checked. I can't imagine it was a good idea for such a troubled person to be selected. From how they were talking, it seems like they were aware that she's had a very disturbing past. How was getting married to a stranger going to solve those issues? 

Lindy & Miguel ~

Looks like they won't have to wait long for the testing of their relationship. Cal sounded like a prophet. When someone falls 'head over heels' in love its because its a very slippery path. I still think they can be a great couple.

Krysten & Mitch

For being an environmental policy advocate his apartment looks like a biological Petri dish. What a pig. I wish my wife would have watched with me because she thought I was a pig. I wonder if he just said the hell with doing any cleaning, or if this is how it looks after a through cleaning? I don't know how much of his odd affectation is due to the pressure of being on TV. He put an app in for this show and probably figured he'd never be picked. All he has to do to make this work is treat Krysten right. Frankly, I don't believe he could do better than her and she would make his life much better not the other way around.

MJustin & Alexis

I like this couple the best. I'll be disappointed if they can't work things out.

Dr. Pepper used to visit homes of potential matches.  Obviously she doesn’t do that any longer.  I’ve seen cleaner pig styes!  And Mitch’s job?  Perhaps less of a job and more to earn whatever he needs to survive while he plays. Does he have a degree?   Was he even vetted?  Something fishy here.  

Didn’t Miguel say he was atheist?  And they match him with naive, sweet, non-intellectual?   Maybe producers they’ll attract bigger audience with these weird mismatches.  They are wrong.  Take me back to days of yore when we rooted for the the couples because they seemed to fit.  I’ll never forget Sam falling deeply in love with Neil only to be rejected bc she’d been so vile for so long.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love 4
On 8/17/2022 at 5:10 PM, kristen111 said:

WOW .. Love the apartments and furnishings.  Chill out Statia.  She’s already giving Nate instructions where to put their stuff.  Go with the flow and don’t be a nag.  No wonder these marriages don’t last.  Don’t sweat the small stuff.

good lord, Stacia, stay out of his cabinets and stop judging! also why do we have to have a decorative tray on the bed?  do we live in a hotel?

• Like 1
  • Love 4

BAHAHAHAHA!!!! It's HILARIOUS how fast Justin & Alexis crashed & burned!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 But they love each other y'all!!!! They're gunna be together FOR LIFE!!! 8 weeks are NOTHING!!!! REMEMBER?!?!!! LOLOL!!! Throw both of those fools away! 5 minutes of Caesar Millan would show Mya's LEASH is wrong. She was SHOWING TEETH whenever the other dog was close. That's a WARNING they BOTH ignored! Alexis acknowledged it, but did nothing. BOTH irresponsible owners! If Justin has to give away his dog, it's his own fault. His own failure. There's no excuse.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I think it’s a shame that Binh is the only male participant, who makes more than his wife. They did these ladies a disservice.

I can’t get over Krysten wooing an unattractive man, who lives in a filthy hovel and earns half as much as she does. Someone must have done quite the number on her, because her self esteem is in the toilet. 

What about Miguel?  He has a successful career.  Lindy works part time.  And has debt.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I think Justin knew his dog was dog aggressive and he was worried about it, which is why he said something. But I also think the show made sure that comment made the final episode when the dogs didn't, in fact, get along. 

I agree that Alexis didn't handle the situation well, but I don't blame her for going to the emergency vet. Newton's eye was bleeding and you really don't want to mess around with eyes. I don't think we know that the dog didn't need stitches - he's in a cone for a week and it's possible he needed a stitch or two; almost certainly antibiotics. I hope Mya is up to date on her rabies and other vaccines. That's the first thing I would have asked. I also think that Alexis overreacted by saying she was afraid Mya would attack her. I didn't see any signs that Mya was aggressive to people.

I don't think it's her salary. I think it's her income. I think she has some sort of salaried job but I think she also has rental properties. So she may bring in significant "income" but she then has to pay mortgage, insurance and upkeep on her rentals, which means that she doesn't have all her "income" to spend on herself. I can't imagine that Justin earns $150,000 as a day trader. I suppose it's possible but ... 

Has a job in tech and day trader is his side hustle.  Editing monkeys are tricking the viewers.  He has a decent job with a good salary.  Stacia will stay with him.

9 hours ago, Spectator said:

Hats off to production for showing the contradiction that is Stacia. First they aired the clip of Stacia and Nate in bed at the shared apartment when Stacia tells Nate that she wants all shoes off inside the house. Then they showed her being visibly disgusted when he said he sometimes lies on the bed after a workout, presumably less than 100% clean. Her rules were front and center, per usual.. Then…fast forward through half the episode… and they are in Nate’s apartment. i couldn’t help but notice how production zoomed in on her feet, with her sneakers still on, as she’s rolling off his bed, breaking two of her very own rules.

I think she would so hard to live with….lots of rules, which apparently she is allowed to break as she sees fit, but he can’t. Ever. I think she’s going to expect him to live the way she wishes she lived but doesn’t. But I think he sees dollar signs with her, so he’ll accept her demands for awhile, until he finally breaks.

Second point on these two - Nate is a day trader, so he doesn’t get a an actual paycheck. He makes (and loses) money in the stock market, so his income is almost certainly super volatile. So his claim of earning $150k a year is just an estimate and is likely very very very unpredictable. I think once Stacia experiences that volatility she will be much less tolerant of his “job”/income.

Nate has a job in tech and his LinkedIn profile has a series of past tech jobs.  Day trader is his side hustle.  The editors want to portray him as a hustler.

8 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I heard that as $450.

She said $415.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I couldn’t help but be happy when Alexis kept going on about how easy marriage is for the last 2 episodes after they’ve only known each other / been married a whopping 4-5 days and then now she is being forced to see the light . Why would anyone boast about marriage being easy and not being able to understand why people find it so hard when she hasn’t even known her husband for an entire week yet ? She doesn’t find that a wee bit premature ? Saddle up ! 

• Like 2
  • Love 9
21 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Wayment.

Did Nate say he earns $150,000 annually?

Mmm.... yeah... I'm gonna need to see some receipts.Meme Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

10 hours ago, Spectator said:

If Stacia is so insistent on buying a $700 Nespresso machine why doesn’t she already have one? I’m fully supportive of her getting one if that’s what she wants - she can afford it, so Nate really shouldn’t complain - I just don’t understand why, now that she’s married, the Nespresso is a “must have” item for her but when she was single and able to buy whatever she wanted whenever she wanted it, without consult, she was satisfied with a basic Keurig. Seems a little sus - yet another producer inspired argument??? Nahh, that never happens. Lol.

Stacia should be proud to be earning that much before the age of 40. I think she said she was building a house, which would not be cheap, particularly in San Diego.

Nate's $150,000 is also impressive but I do not know anything about day trading.

Is it a reliable source of income or is it more like gambling? I just remember a lot of people going broke doing day trading just before the Great Recession.

Stacia said that Nate's income far exceeded what she hoped for, so she seems fine being the higher earner.

Back in the day, couples used to have serious discussions about marriage and we used to find out what everyone earned. They now leave things vague.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Stacia is too inflexible and cold. Guys don't like all of those decorative pillows on the bed and they ARE a pain to take off and put back in every day, but that tray???

11 hours ago, Empress1 said:

That tray is weird. Unless she’s eating off it (which I wouldn’t judge at all), it’s a bizarre piece of decor. That’s her home, not a place she’s staging to rent out.

6 hours ago, kristen111 said:

The bed tray:  Maybe she wants to feel like she’s on vacation everyday when she comes home at night.  On our bed everyday is the remote, my eye mask and our back scratcher.  Very romantic.  Oh and Ben Gay.

1 hour ago, Alexander Pope said:

good lord, Stacia, stay out of his cabinets and stop judging! also why do we have to have a decorative tray on the bed?  do we live in a hotel?

I've seen trays on beds like that when looking at model homes that have been staged.  It's the kind of thing a designer would put on a bed that most regular people would never do.  

Also, I kept rewinding back over Stacia's bedroom and could swear that there were no lamps on the nightstands next to that bed.  No lamps and not one thing on the walls either.  It was very stark.  Her place was less decorated and looked less lived in than a bare bones hotel.  It definitely looked minimally staged, like no one lives there.  I remember finding out from some episode that Stacia supposedly flips investment properties and that's how she makes her living.  That and rental properties can be very lucrative in a market like San Diego, I'm sure.  And it would explain why her own home looks like a staged investment property.

• Useful 6
  • Love 3

Stacia went all home inspector on Nate, huh? WHY did he have trash in his cabinets? And those wine glasses with dried wine?!!! 😱 It was weird of her to throw the trash & expired stuff on the floor. WHO PICKED THAT UP??? They made that scene VERRRRY LONGGGG. 😬 And. There are toilet seats that close themselves. So. They should just get one since he forgets. Such a non-issue, it doesn't even deserve attention like that. 😒😒 Stacia was late asking about his mom. The time to discuss it was when it was originally brought up. How is she saying she's going to ask for more info and all that when she doesn't? Girl, bye!

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

I couldn’t help but be happy when Alexis kept going on about how easy marriage is for the last 2 episodes after they’ve only known each other / been married a whopping 4-5 days and then now she is being forced to see the light . Why would anyone boast about marriage being easy and not being able to understand why people find it so hard when she hasn’t even known her husband for an entire week yet ? She doesn’t find that a wee bit premature ? Saddle up ! 

I thought the exact same thing!  What a stupid thing to say, and you just know she would be eating her words soon after she said them.  Both her and Justin really know how to sling the BS when doing talking heads, don't they?  I don't believe a word out of her mouth especially.  I really didn't think she was that into Justin even before the doggie incident despite how much she seemed to go along with things for the sake of the show.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Ms.C. said:

Didn’t Miguel say he was atheist?  And they match him with naive, sweet, non-intellectual?   Maybe producers they’ll attract bigger audience with these weird mismatches.  They are wrong.  Take me back to days of yore when we rooted for the the couples because they seemed to fit.  I’ll never forget Sam falling deeply in love with Neil only to be rejected bc she’d been so vile for so long.  

I wouldn’t call Lindy “non intellectual.” She has a PhD.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Empress1 said:

That tray is weird. Unless she’s eating off it (which I wouldn’t judge at all), it’s a bizarre piece of decor. That’s her home, not a place she’s staging to rent out.

She kept saying it decoration!  What I was taken by was the lack of decoration coming into the place.   Even staged places have some kind of canvas art on the walls. That cutesy little tray with a container full of polyester flowers doesn’t make it stylish. 
I am in California and have a friend that tells me they do that 4-9 thing. They are not in my city so I haven’t witnessed it.  I did go on vacation to Maui with a women I met in grief group that lives in a home worth 2 million who does that unplug thing.  I’d have my phone charging in a wall and go to pick it up and she had unplugged the charger from the wall. We were in a damn vacation rental we weren’t paying for electricity.  
To chime in with everyone saying the dog thing was a owner issue. Who wants to own an aggressive dog?  Her carrying  her pooch is not good either…. Per Cesar Milan.  He probably can’t take it anyplace.  Justin  is not being the leader of the pack.  Probably not a leader of anything.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2

More Miguel mocking Christianity! FUN! "Vow Renewal Day," how cute! How INACCURATE! Lindy can want to avoid talking about it all she wants until the check-in where they ask what it'll take to choose to stay married in DECISION DAY. 🤣🤣 Recommitment Day would work since the show dropped that sham name. & WTF nonsense is Lindy talking requesting Miguel keep his issues to himself??? Um. You'll KNOW whether he says it or not! How does that make sense?!! Don't you want to resolve issues?!! 🤨 I've never heard anything so stupid. Like her husband saying he won't tell her she's pretty. 🥴

18 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

She kept saying it decoration!  What I was taken by was the lack of decoration coming into the place.   Even staged places have some kind of canvas art on the walls. That cutesy little tray with a container full of polyester flowers doesn’t make it stylish. 

I agree completely, although I have seen some half-assed stages before.  It almost doesn't look like it could be Stacia's place.  She may own it but it may be another one of her investment properties that's up for sale.  I almost want to call BS on that being her real place because of the lack of stuff in it, especially no lamps on the night stands!  She may be like some builders that build a home and live in it until they sell it then move into the next home they're building.  I didn't even know that was a thing until very recently.  She may flip homes and live in one until it sells then move to another one when it's finished.  She may live from place to place and not have a real "home base".  It makes me wonder where her stuff is.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Maybe I missed it, but has that been confirmed?  For example, does Lindy make more than Miguel?

I thought Lindy barely worked.  Being a PT is a great job and she should be earning ~$100k - more than enough, even in SD, to pay off her student debt.

12 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't think it's her salary. I think it's her income. I think she has some sort of salaried job but I think she also has rental properties. So she may bring in significant "income" but she then has to pay mortgage, insurance and upkeep on her rentals, which means that she doesn't have all her "income" to spend on herself. I can't imagine that Justin earns $150,000 as a day trader. I suppose it's possible but ... 

If she's really making $450k, it puts her in the top 2.5% in SD.  Good for her, but it's resulted in not being able to find a husband and pushing geriatric pregnancy.  Plus, I'd like to see Nate's "daytrading" results post bitcoin fall.

11 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Stacia is too inflexible and cold. Guys don't like all of those decorative pillows on the bed and they ARE a pain to take off and put back in every day, but that tray??? Nate really seems to want to please her, but she is asking a lot and constantly giving him side eye. She is living with a partner and there needs to be compromise - not just her way or no way.

The shoes, the counter space, the pillows and tray, the toilet seat, laying on the bed without a shower, etc. - she's constantly giving him shit tests and he's failing.  But, based on Nate's friend group, he skews younger anyway.  I don't see him sticking with an older woman who's constantly challenging him in a very negative manner.

Nate should have said something like, "I get that you like a specific look to the house, but you'll be the one responsible for replacing everything to your liking every day." 

10 hours ago, Spectator said:

But I think he sees dollar signs with her, so he’ll accept her demands for awhile, until he finally breaks.

Guys quickly learn that what's his is ours and what's hers is hers alone.

Other thoughts:

Mitch lives exactly as I expected.  It's insane that he wouldn't clean the place before the show.  And he presented it like it wasn't filthy, like he's 19 and living in a frat house.  It's like he expected her to think the beach bum vibe was cool.  Actually, even my frat house was cleaner - we made the pledges clean twice a week.

Pepper must not do the visits anymore.

Lindy doesn't have the right body for the clothes she wears...same for Alexis.

I like Krysten, she seems sincere.  I feel sorry for her.

Was there a matchmaking special this season? 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

So Justin & Alexis went from top couple to bottom in one fell bite, huh? Funny how fast things change! Have Nate & Stacia taken the top spot? I think his $250k salary goal is a lie. He just doesn't want a kid for a while. What's Mitch's "pressure" deal? He doesn't want to feel pressured to be a husband? HUH? They don't talk about the future beyond next week? Good thing sex doesn't mean much to Krysten, hope Lindy's comfortable in that boat beside her. 🤣 Could Miguel & Lindy be sitting farther apart??? 😅 Binh seems like a big weirdo with the electricity, the cat questions, & affection. Yet, they sat closer than Miguel & Lindy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I have been watching this show for years and I often would become so frustrated when I'd watch people not compromise, or show respect for their mate's input.

As I watched tonight, I wondered if age/maturity plays into whether a marriage is successful or not?

When I see some partners begin to list what they WON'T put up with, I automatically say, buh bye in my head.

Partners need to understand that any subject that can be solved through compromise, should never be at the root of an argument. That is simply childish.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

Good for her, but it's resulted in not being able to find a husband and pushing geriatric pregnancy.

Nate's friend group, he skews younger anyway.  I don't see him sticking with an older woman...

Mitch... he presented it like it wasn't filthy, like he's 19 and living in a frat house.

These are interesting observations, and further support  my theory that many of the participants aren't mature enough, emotionally, to compromise efficiently.

Lindy's insecurity is reflected in her babbling, whereas Miguel's is reflected in his false confidence.

Overall, I understand why Lindy feels triggered by the words decision day. She entered this marriage with the resolve that I'm married, and therefore I am going to work on this because I don't believe in divorce. Miguel entered saying I'm going to work really hard on this until decision day. So I understand her completely.

I laugh at the idea of Nate leaving her, or his friends not approving of her, because although he talks the talk she walks the walk when it comes to money and power. Nate is so concerned about preserving an image I don't think any of us know who he really is.

As for Binh, and Mitch... One perseverates on saving nickels, the other one is oblivious to how his  messy/dirty his home is.

They both need to grow up and quit thinking others will settle into their routines or accept their levels of cleanliness. Everyone involved needs to be willing to give a little bit, and adjust expectations in order to ensure realistic compromises, and communication, are taking place.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Chalby said:

As for Binh, and Mitch... One perseverates on saving nickels, the other one is oblivious to how his  messy/dirty his home is.

Binh seems completely bonkers.  He needs to get some help for his OCD.  There's no reason to adjust your life, and require others to do the same, just to save a few dollars.

If it was thousands a year, sure make some changes but I bet it's not more than $300.  The average electric bill in SD is around $200 (one place said $88) so there's no way the savings is substantial.

Yes, I actually googled it.  

• Love 5
21 hours ago, TeapotWakeen said:

This. And I was all steamed up with one dog on a leash, and one not. You just DON'T DO THAT with dogs who don't know each other well. It's a power-imbalance thing that dogs really take seriously. It's the reason that there's a buffer zone at doggie daycare or dog parks, where you leash or unleash your dog before entering or exiting. When my dog is on her leash, she is connected to me, and wants to protect me... when she is off leash, she's a dog, free to be a dog among other dogs. Their nonchalant "oh, maybe we should have Googled how to introduce dogs" was the most telling part of that episode. Ya think??  I'm very sorry her dog got hurt, but it was on the humans to prevent it. Period.

I've never had a dog, but even I know that dogs should be leashed when they're encountering other dogs for the first time. I've known enough dog owners and I've watched enough Animal Planet to know this. And as you said, there's always Google. However, I can see why Alexis is having a hard time getting over it; seeing a beloved pet attacked and injured is an upsetting experience, even if it's partially your fault.

17 hours ago, Spectator said:

I miss the days when MAFS actually cast people because they were fairly normal, well matched pairs. Now it’s all about conflict and controversy. Even the after party promos reveal the show’s true intention with their references to “juicy details” and “drama”…it’s so unnecessary.

So true. There's ENOUGH drama in seeing people marrying at first sight, they don't need to manufacture extra drama by purposely mismatching the couples.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Jack Sampson said:

Binh s?ut I bet it's not more than $300.  The average electric bill in SD is around $200 (one place said $88) so there's no way the savings is substantial.

I agree. His youthful exuberance with saving pennies is offputting. A grown women should not have to wait until 6:00 to turn on the lights, or be expected to unplug all her appliances to save some pennies. And this MAFS fake drama nonsense, about student loans, makes me want to turn the TV off. If people cannot accept their mate has a student loan, then they're not used to being around adults who are educated and professional. Binh may have been ambitious with regards to his career, but without his family's support, he'd be lining up for a student loan, just like the rest of us.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Lindz said:

More Miguel mocking Christianity! FUN! "Vow Renewal Day," how cute! How INACCURATE! Lindy can want to avoid talking about it all she wants until the check-in where they ask what it'll take to choose to stay married in DECISION DAY. 🤣🤣 Recommitment Day would work since the show dropped that sham name. & WTF nonsense is Lindy talking requesting Miguel keep his issues to himself??? Um. You'll KNOW whether he says it or not! How does that make sense?!! Don't you want to resolve issues?!! 🤨 I've never heard anything so stupid. Like her husband saying he won't tell her she's pretty. 🥴

I forgive Lindy a lot as she clearly has not been in many relationships.

6 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

Mitch lives exactly as I expected.  It's insane that he wouldn't clean the place before the show.  And he presented it like it wasn't filthy, like he's 19 and living in a frat house.  It's like he expected her to think the beach bum vibe was cool.  Actually, even my frat house was cleaner - we made the pledges clean twice a week.

Yeah, I expected Mitch's place to look that way except not as dirty.  It would be cool if he lived in the beach house in "I Love You, Man", but this was a lot less cool and probably a filthy record for this show.  I have already complained about the selection of Mitch for this show.  Dr. Pepper seemed enamored of him but she didn't go into his place and look through his underwear drawer (given what we saw I'm sure that wouldn't have been much better - ewww).  Why does she only do that with the women?  It feels sexist to me.  Mitch is a "kook" and Krysten got stuck with a booby prize.  It seems like the theme for this season is sticking people with kooks and seeing how they deal with it.

• Applause 2
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I thought the exact same thing!  What a stupid thing to say, and you just know she would be eating her words soon after she said them.  Both her and Justin really know how to sling the BS when doing talking heads, don't they?  I don't believe a word out of her mouth especially.  I really didn't think she was that into Justin even before the doggie incident despite how much she seemed to go along with things for the sake of the show.

What these dummies don’t know is that you can go with a person for years and still don’t really know them UNTIL YOU LIVE WITH THEM.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Yeah, I expected Mitch's place to look that way except not as dirty.  It would be cool if he lived in the beach house in "I Love You, Man", but this was a lot less cool and probably a filthy record for this show.  I have already complained about the selection of Mitch for this show.  Dr. Pepper seemed enamored of him but she didn't go into his place and look through his underwear drawer (given what we saw I'm sure that wouldn't have been much better - ewww).  Why does she only do that with the women?  It feels sexist to me.  Mitch is a "kook" and Krysten got stuck with a booby prize.  It seems like the theme for this season is sticking people with kooks and seeing how they deal with it.

I don’t get why Pepper looks in the underwear drawer at all.  What’s the point?  Maybe we should ask the “expert of all things” , lol.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

If she's really making $450k, it puts her in the top 2.5% in SD.  Good for her, but it's resulted in not being able to find a husband and pushing geriatric pregnancy.  Plus, I'd like to see Nate's "daytrading" results post bitcoin fall.

It's crazy, if she had been a relatively attractive man in the same situation, she would have had no problems securing a mate and starting a family. People would be impressed and say that she is in the prime of her life.

If Nate really has a well-paying tech job then his salary makes sense. I do wonder why he has not mentioned it.

10 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Has a job in tech and day trader is his side hustle.  Editing monkeys are tricking the viewers.  He has a decent job with a good salary.  Stacia will stay with him.

I seem to vaguely recall Stacia asking him what he did and he said Day Trader (I could be wrong).  It seems like he would say his tech job and then mention day trading as his side hustle but it could just be the editing monkeys doing their evil magic.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, qtpye said:

It's crazy, if she had been a relatively attractive man in the same situation, she would have had no problems securing a mate and starting a family. People would be impressed and say that she is in the prime of her life.

If Nate really has a well-paying tech job then his salary makes sense. I do wonder why he has not mentioned it.

I seem to vaguely recall Stacia asking him what he did and he said Day Trader (I could be wrong).  It seems like he would say his tech job and then mention day trading as his side hustle but it could just be the editing monkeys doing their evil magic.

Whatever it is, Nate does not look like the Happy Camper right about now.  He’s looking quite miserable as she’s going through his things.  He will probably be expected to take three showers before having sex.  If it ever happens.

• Love 3

Ok, the dog drama overshadowed everything else about Alexis and Justin. Did anyone else catch the scene when they were at her place, and she held up the vajayjay, um, sculpture? Really didn't need to see that!

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Whatever it is, Nate does not look like the Happy Camper right about now.  He’s looking quite miserable as she’s going through his things.  He will probably be expected to take three showers before having sex.  If it ever happens.

It would be funny if Stacia ever visited Mitch's apartment. She would drop dead in a second.

I was surprised that Krysten was in the mood for a "bath" with Mitch after seeing all that filth.

Maybe she likes beach bums?

Edited by qtpye
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
On 8/18/2022 at 5:30 AM, Lisa418722 said:

Justin had Mya on a leash and was holding onto her. Alexis was letting Newton run around while she wasn't even in the area.  I feel sorry for both dogs, but I think Justin at least was trying to handle Mya during the introduction in the right way. But if she has a history of snapping at other dogs, she does need training. During one point, they showed Newton lying next to Justin while Pastor Cal was visiting. I think Newton likes Justin.  

I think dogs are drawn to emotional people. Newton is probably used to being in Justin's lap while Justin cries into Newton's fur.

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

Binh seems completely bonkers.  He needs to get some help for his OCD.  There's no reason to adjust your life, and require others to do the same, just to save a few dollars.

If it was thousands a year, sure make some changes but I bet it's not more than $300.  The average electric bill in SD is around $200 (one place said $88) so there's no way the savings is substantial.

And now we understand why most of our couples were still single!

Attack Dogs!  Filthy living conditions, OCD, student debt. Secrets!

Miguel jumping out in a Scary suit!

Yep we’re getting the big picture and remember these 10 were chosen from hundreds that applied!  😱  All kinds of problems in California and everywhere else this show lands!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Like 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Kimboweena said:

Ok, the dog drama overshadowed everything else about Alexis and Justin. Did anyone else catch the scene when they were at her place, and she held up the vajayjay, um, sculpture? Really didn't need to see that!

LOLLL thank you for noticing that!!! And the painting he wanted to put on the bathroom wall (for x-rated purposes I am assuming) of her butt?? I wonder if the vagina sculpture was also done of her own anatomy (??).  Her narcissism is off the charts! did you know she was proposed to three times??? (lol)

Edited by Alexander Pope
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, qtpye said:

Stacia should be proud to be earning that much before the age of 40. I think she said she was building a house, which would not be cheap, particularly in San Diego.

Nate's $150,000 is also impressive but I do not know anything about day trading.

Is it a reliable source of income or is it more like gambling? I just remember a lot of people going broke doing day trading just before the Great Recession.

Stacia said that Nate's income far exceeded what she hoped for, so she seems fine being the higher earner.

Back in the day, couples used to have serious discussions about marriage and we used to find out what everyone earned. They now leave things vague.

Nate has a regular job in tech and day trades as a side hustle.  Editing Monkeys want us to think he isn't legit.  LinkedIn shows a series of jobs in tech that would represent most of the claimed income.  Stacia will be feeling better about his income than the audience that is being told that day trader is his career.  She is a multiple streams of income girl and they are on the same page in this respect.  They are likely to stay together because of this, IMHO.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

I thought he started a business that failed and had to declare bankruptcy which he said was all cleared up lickety split!  😎🙄🧐

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Thanks for the put down.  

No put down here. It was just mentioned a lot early on. It basically all we know about her from a personal standpoint.

Why does Justin even have that big dog and a cat in that little ass apartment? Isn't it cramped enough?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, qtpye said:

It would be funny if Stacia ever visited Mitch's apartment. She would drop dead in a second.

I was surprised that Krysten was in the mood for a "bath" with Mitch after seeing all that filth.

Maybe she likes beach bums?

She just wants to be a married woman and have that baby ASAP.  Him?  I don’t know.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

LinkedIn profile has his job history.  They have edited out his having jobs and call him Daytrader to build controversy about his status.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

She just wants to be a married woman and have that baby ASAP.  Him?  I don’t know.

He needs the quick cash?

That disgusting hovel will not pay for itself. 

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I thought he started a business that failed and had to declare bankruptcy which he said was all cleared up lickety split!  😎🙄🧐

I think there’s more to Nate that he is not revealing.  I also think Statia feels it too.  She doesn’t look too sure about him.  He doesn’t say much.  An enigma.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I wouldn’t call Lindy “non intellectual.” She has a PhD.

I do not believe that Lindy has a PhD.  I think Lindy has a Doctorate in Physical Therapy. 

That is drastically different from having a PhD. 

I'm not in any way denigrating Lindy's professional accomplishments.  The woman PT Doctorate holder who helped me with my recovery from a hip replacement was excellent.

My understanding is that PT's who hold doctorate degrees receive considerably more $$$ when pursuing their professional goals.

Edited by pdlinda
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

I do not believe that Lindy has a PhD.  I think Lindy has a Doctorate in Physical Therapy. 

That is drastically different than having a PhD. 

Not in any way denigrating Lindy's professional accomplishments.  The woman PT Doctorate holder who helped me with my recovery from a hip replacement was excellent.

My understanding is that PT's who hold doctorate degrees receive considerably more $$$ when pursuing their professional goals.

I go to Pain management until I have my spine surgery.  The only time I see the Doctor is for shots.  Otherwise, I see the Physician Assistant who takes care of everything else and is wonderful.

1 minute ago, kristen111 said:

I go to Pain management until I have my spine surgery.  The only time I see the Doctor is for shots.  Otherwise, I see the Physician Assistant who takes care of everything else and is wonderful.

????  Lindy is a Physical Therapist.

11 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

He told her that doing laundry before 4:00 p.m. as opposed to after 4:00 would probably save about $2 a month.  Two dollars a month. 

4 hours ago, Kimboweena said:

Did anyone else catch the scene when they were at her place, and she held up the vajayjay, um, sculpture? Really didn't need to see that!

What was that?  It looked like vulva, not a vagina.  Set in a garden for some reason.

She said it's the sculpture she mentioned in her speech, and I'm not sure what speech but I do remember in a previous episode (maybe even in the wedding one) she said that in her bid for body positivity, she'd made a mold of her vagina.  And maybe even identified the friend who helped??

12 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

Lindy doesn't have the right body for the clothes she wears...same for Alexis.

I haven't noticed that about Lindy, but Alexis's clothes are just awful and not the least bit flattering.  She always looks like lumpy sausage in a too-stretchy casing.

And I don't remember who mentioned Lindy's freckles, but I finally noticed them on my shitty TV and they're adorable.

48 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

A DPT is now the entry-level education requirement for physical therapists.  The same thing happened with audiologists--they now have to have an AuD degree. 

You can get a PhD in physical therapy, or a PhD in audiology, but those are oriented toward academic scholarship and independent research.  If you want to practice physical therapy or audiology in a clinical setting, you get a DPT or AuD, and while they are "doctorate" degrees, it's really more a function of degree creep.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6