Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E07: Real Life Reckoning

• Start Topic

51 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I wonder if he is cheap the way Binh is cheap. I think that Binh is just super tight with a buck and it applies universally across his life. Mitch is willing to spend money, I think, but within his means, which don't seem to be as ample as Krysten's. And he won't spend money on anything that he deems not environmentally sound. But his surfing equipment looked (to my uneducated eye) to be decent and the electric bikes aren't cheap. 

I don’t think Mitch is cheap like Binh, but buys only the necessities he needs in life.  There are people who are not spenders for many things we think are necessary and enjoyable, but will gamble lots of money unnecessarily.  If Krysten likes the finer things in life and he doesn’t, there will be trouble.  Especially should she have kids and be a SAHM.  She might want kids right away and stay home and enjoy being a Mother.  Kids cost money, but she might have plenty put away.  But then again, she did go on that honeymoon without a groom.  That must have cost a bundle.

• Love 1

She might want kids right away and stay home and enjoy being a Mother.  Kids cost money, but she might have plenty put away.  But then again, she did go on that honeymoon without a groom.  That must have cost a bundle.

She's what - mid-30's? If she wants biological children, she probably does need to get started sooner rather than later. 

As for the destination wedding, she did say that she wasn't able to get any of her money back and it had taken her entire savings to fund the trip in the first place. I admire her for going. I think I would have been completely crushed and not able to go but she took what would have been a total loss and have a good trip with family and friends. More power to her.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I wonder if he is cheap the way Binh is cheap. I think that Binh is just super tight with a buck and it applies universally across his life. Mitch is willing to spend money, I think, but within his means, which don't seem to be as ample as Krysten's. And he won't spend money on anything that he deems not environmentally sound. But his surfing equipment looked (to my uneducated eye) to be decent and the electric bikes aren't cheap. 

Not sure what episode it’s discussed in, but Mitch  makes half of what Krysten makes. As a reminder, he was a full time nanny to his nieces a few years back.  Having a decent income or a decent  place to live  doesn't seem important to him as long as he can buy surf boards and wet suits.  Krysten wants more comfort in life than he does, and is wiling to work for it, 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Really?  I'd sure like to know what episode that was. 

I don’t remember but it was a couple back. It wasn’t much of a discussion and I think they were meeting with one of the “experts.” Pepper maybe? Whoever it was mentioned finances and Mitch whispered his salary in Krysten’s ear. She confirmed that he makes about half what she does, said she was fine with it and they moved on. No specific numbers mentioned.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I don’t remember but it was a couple back. It wasn’t much of a discussion and I think they were meeting with one of the “experts.” Pepper maybe? Whoever it was mentioned finances and Mitch whispered his salary in Krysten’s ear. She confirmed that he makes about half what she does, said she was fine with it and they moved on. No specific numbers mentioned.

Ok, that's interesting, but I wouldn't just take Krysten's word for it then.

On 9/21/2022 at 11:39 PM, Elizzikra said:

Actually, it was Krysten that whispered in Mitch's ear and then Mitch confirmed that she makes double what he makes.

• Useful 1