Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E07: Real Life Reckoning

• Start Topic

42 minutes ago, shok said:

If Alexis was so worried about her baby dog why did she let him off leash and run around free and go and sniff and smell Justin's dog. Justin at least had his under control and was trying to keep the situation calm. Alexis totally blew the incident out of proportion freaking out and rushing out to an emergency vet. The dog just had a little scratch, didn't even need stitches or anything, and Alexis is about to end her marriage over something that was every bit or more her own fault. Nuts.

i thought they said the dog did need stitches, it wasn't just a little scratch.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Krysten said there were stitches involved  on the after party 

i wonder if the vet made a report to animal control.  It is also possible  that the apartment management company will get involved 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I think it’s a shame that Binh is the only male participant, who makes more than his wife. They did these ladies a disservice.

I can’t get over Krysten wooing an unattractive man, who lives in a filthy hovel and earns half as much as she does. Someone must have done quite the number on her, because her self esteem is in the toilet. 

I don’t remember hearing Justin/Alexis, Miguel/Lindy, or Binh/Morgan  discuss their salaries.  Nor do I  think Nate’s earnings - if he actually makes $150,000 - makes him poverty stricken.  I doubt he was being honest though. 
Wives often make more then their spouses these days.  Especially if they are in a professional or technical field.  Just like men often cook better than their wives.  It’s only a problem if one of the couple can’t deal with it or if they can’t live on only one income if a spouse stays home with kids. 

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Justin had Mya on a leash and was holding onto her. Alexis was letting Newton run around while she wasn't even in the area.  I feel sorry for both dogs, but I think Justin at least was trying to handle Mya during the introduction in the right way. But if she has a history of snapping at other dogs, she does need training. During one point, they showed Newton lying next to Justin while Pastor Cal was visiting. I think Newton likes Justin.  

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I hope Justin doesn’t give his dog away. At least Alexis has an out if he doesn’t. 

I think Alexis is already out, she had that same repulsed look on her face that I have when I'm watching.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Racj82 said:

That was a bad meeting situation with in general. Too much a closed placed with strangers, camera crew, etc. It was a set up for disaster.

This. And I was all steamed up with one dog on a leash, and one not. You just DON'T DO THAT with dogs who don't know each other well. It's a power-imbalance thing that dogs really take seriously. It's the reason that there's a buffer zone at doggie daycare or dog parks, where you leash or unleash your dog before entering or exiting. When my dog is on her leash, she is connected to me, and wants to protect me... when she is off leash, she's a dog, free to be a dog among other dogs. Their nonchalant "oh, maybe we should have Googled how to introduce dogs" was the most telling part of that episode. Ya think??  I'm very sorry her dog got hurt, but it was on the humans to prevent it. Period.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Love 10

I watched the replay of the doggie confrontation, and it looked to me that Newton rubbed up against Justin and that set Maya off. Maya was being territorial over her daddy and Newton should not have been allowed to get that close to Justin. 

When I was growing up, people who had small apartments in the city usually only had cats. We lived in a place with a big yard and plenty of room for a dog to roam and get fresh air (they were part of our friend groups). I still feel dogs deserve plenty of space. Two dogs cooped up in a small apartment is a recipe for disaster and I called it immediately. And people who cage dogs all day? Don't even get me started! :(

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

During the meeting with Pastor Cal, Justin said that Mya snapped twice before she finally bit Newton. I thought "well no fucking wonder she bit. She warned everyone twice!" 

I saw her bare her teeth at Newton once. I’ve never owned a dog but when I saw that I knew what was coming.

I could not believe Mitch’s place. I always clean before I go on vacation, and regardless, he knew Krysten and a camera crew were going to see it. Do better, Mitch.

The toilet seat is a total non-issue to me. If it’s up, I put it down. The same way men lift it to use it, women can put it down to use it. (I keep the lid closed on mine unless I’m using it anyway so I guess I always have an extra step.) Stacia with her white-glove test was pretty controlling.

Binh is cheap and weird. No lights before 6 PM? Boy, stop. And asking about Morgan’s cat’s peeing was bizarre. I was with Morgan when she was like “what do you think a cat is?”

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Alexis should take some responsibility for not looking out for her baby during the introductory period.  

Alexis is partly to blame as she did not have her dog on a leash and let it freely roam.  But, of course, this is all Justin's fault. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, cinsays said:

......and it was very close to the eye.  Who knows if the actual eye was scratched.

3 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I don’t remember hearing Justin/Alexis, Miguel/Lindy, or Binh/Morgan  discuss their salaries.  Nor do I  think Nate’s earnings - if he actually makes $150,000 - makes him poverty stricken.  I doubt he was being honest though. 
Wives often make more then their spouses these days.  Especially if they are in a professional or technical field.  Just like men often cook better than their wives.  It’s only a problem if one of the couple can’t deal with it or if they can’t live on only one income if a spouse stays home with kids. 

Me thinks Nate added a 1 in front of his actual income.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, shok said:

The dog just had a little scratch, didn't even need stitches or anything, and Alexis is about to end her marriage over something that was every bit or more her own fault.

Actually, according to Krysten on last night's After Party episode, Newton did get stitches, but has fully recovered.

I do agree that Alexis does bear some of the blame b/c she took her dog off leash and apparently wandered away.

ETA: I should read all the way through before replying, as many of you have already said the same thing.

I still can't wrap my head around Stacia's salary! What does she actually do?

Edited by ECM1231

So, hear me out on this. 

I have a friend who has Graves Disease.  This involves bulging eyes.  I can't figure out if Krysten's eyes are just big or if she might have a medical condition.  I keep comparing her to everyone else on the show and this is especially prominent when looking at her profile.

On another note, ewww to whomever had their feet on the bed WITH SHOES.  It was Stacia or Krysten.  I believe it was the former.  Just gross.  I don't even wear them in the house, let alone PUT THEM ON SOMEONE ELSE'S BED. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

It's obvious to me that neither Alexis or Justin knows much about dogs nor have the maturity to handle one.  But the greater offense is on Justin for not taking responsibility for his dog's problem.  Even if she were only aggressive when provoked, how could he be so sure that Alexis' dog wouldn't provoke Mya?  So stupid, but this is just par for the course with him and everything.  If I were Alexis it would make me trust him even less in general.  Even worse is knowing that he is on record in a prior talking head about how the one thing he was worried about was how well the dogs would get along.  Even when I heard that I said to myself, "Why is he so worried about that?  What's wrong with his dog?"  So he is full of shit acting like he didn't have some clue about his dog's behavioral issues.  He is just irresponsible, period.  He continues to act like someone half his age.

Yeah.  I’m not crazy about him overall.  Especially crying all the time.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Racj82 said:

They literally already talked about it. On their own. And it's the things they need to talk about. Having/not having kids and when are non negotiable for most people. They have to address it at some point. Why later when more feelings are involved? Making it potentially tougher to deal with. They are in the real world now. The honeymoon is over. Time to talk about the real stuff.

During the process of picking people for the show, don’t they ask those questions pertaining to having children?  I would think they would as it’s a very important issue.  Some want children and some want no part of it.  That would be my number one question during process.  Yes, I definitely want kids.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Interesting!

I'll bet there are a lot of parents that would pay good money to send their misbehaving children to a facility like that for kids - if there was one! 😉

In Caribbean families the training program is called "Visiting Grandparents in the islands for the summer".

Edited by spunky
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Question about Mya; Justin's dog:

When a dog is sent for obedience training, doesn't their owner have to participate as well?  

It appeared Justin just dropped Mya off and was going to go back to pick her up in two weeks. That seems strange; doesn't Justin need training, too, so he knows how to handle Mya correctly when in contact with other dogs?

Edited to add:

It looked like Mya was put in a cage with other dogs at the training facility. Why would they put a dog needing training to not bite other dogs, with other dogs?

Apparently sending dogs off to be trained is a thing.  I learned that fairly recently. The owner gets videos and does go at the end for a little hands on training. 

2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Binh is cheap and weird. No lights before 6 PM? Boy, stop.

Tell me about it. And no laundry between 4 and 9pm, ever? And he was complaining about the amount of electricity her coffee maker uses? And he unplugs his tv every day? Holy cow. I’m betting some of that is producer-enhanced but jeez…I definitely couldn’t live with someone like that. Either MAFS is deliberately casting people with very extreme quirks (Binh’s cheapness, Mitch’s anti-plastic rules, even Miguel’s D&D stuff) or production has asked the cast to amp up their quirks for the sake of good tv (although I definitely believe that Mitch is presenting his true self in this show).

I miss the days when MAFS actually cast people because they were fairly normal, well matched pairs. Now it’s all about conflict and controversy. Even the after party promos reveal the show’s true intention with their references to “juicy details” and “drama”…it’s so unnecessary. I really enjoyed watching Season 1 when Doug slowly broke down Jamie’s walls through patience and kindness and the viewers were given glimpses into that transformation each week. Now it’s all about creating a “real-life” soap opera for the viewers. If I wanted to watch Days of Our Lives, I’d just watch Days of Our Lives. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

Mitch's apartment looked like it hasn't been cleaned in 10 years. I can't believe that Justin tried to downplay his dog's aggressive behavior in the past and towards Alexis' dog. He sounds like one of those people who constantly make excuses for bad behavior. In some states his dog would be euthanized.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I think it’s a shame that Binh is the only male participant, who makes more than his wife. They did these ladies a disservice.

Maybe I missed it, but has that been confirmed?  For example, does Lindy make more than Miguel?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Spectator said:

(although I definitely believe that Mitch is presenting his true self in this show).

And that's making Krysten look all the more desperate.

3 minutes ago, spunky said:

I can't believe that Justin tried to downplay his dog's aggressive behavior in the past and towards Alexis' dog.

His dog growled and bared it's teeth three times. Justine's crybaby ass should have taken the dog outside.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

The toilet seat is a total non-issue to me. If it’s up, I put it down. The same way men lift it to use it, women can put it down to use it.

Yes!  

1 hour ago, Shauna said:

So, hear me out on this. 

I have a friend who has Graves Disease.  This involves bulging eyes.  I can't figure out if Krysten's eyes are just big or if she might have a medical condition.  I keep comparing her to everyone else on the show and this is especially prominent when looking at her profile.

I've wondered about that, too.  It's unfortunate, but I think Mitch might be put off by those bulging eyes and that loud, honking voice. 

There was a guy from last season (can't remember his name) who had bulging blue eyes, and I wondered if he had the same condition. 

• Love 3

First of all, WORD to everyone's observations about the lack of dog "parenting" that both Justin and Alexis showed during the episode that endangered Newton (and Mya as she is being retrained and potentially given away).  Justin had warning from previous interactions and Mya herself gave warnings as she growled and bared her teeth twice before the incident (which both Justin and Alexis chose to ignore).  Of course, along with the number of people who don't train their dogs is a number of people who don't train their children either.  Just this week an English Bulldog ran out of a garage towards my dog and I (and my dog was on his leash [and NOT an extendable leash]).  I was able to grab the Bull Dog's collar and hold it away from my dog and I heard the owner yell it was okay, and I yelled back "no, come and get your dog."  Grrrr to irresponsible pet owners.

Stacia is way too much in nit-picking everything about Nate.  He had a look of panic while in his own apartment.  However, he also seemed to be weighing her income and how it could be enticing...

Mitch is a mess.  I don't think he even knows what he wants or to whom he may be attracted.  I think Krysten is doing everything possible to "play it cool" but I think she will end up getting hurt.  For someone whose whole identity is that of an environmentalist Mitch sure seemed to have a lot of unnecessary stuff that he just threw/kept in that side room.  

Morgan and Binh don't seem like they will last very long.  Binh will have to watch his every word as Morgan stated that when one loses her trust she is normally out of there.

• Love 6

Did anyone else think that the empty oatmeal canisters in Nate’s kitchen cabinets had, at least at some point, been a place where he might have stored cash or other valuable items. The guy used to sell what were presumably illegal knock off handbags so I wouldn’t be surprised if, again at least at some point, he ran a heavy cash business out of his apartment, whatever that business might have been, and stashed cash and other items in various disguised places. Oatmeal canisters is kind of old school, but it was a pretty common “poor man’s safe” back in the day. 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1

I don't think it was just a coincidence that he made that comment and then we saw that incident.  If it was enough to trip my meter and make me wonder why he said it, it was most definitely NOT a coincidence.  Yeah, I'm THAT good, LOL.

I think Justin knew his dog was dog aggressive and he was worried about it, which is why he said something. But I also think the show made sure that comment made the final episode when the dogs didn't, in fact, get along. 

Alexis totally blew the incident out of proportion freaking out and rushing out to an emergency vet. The dog just had a little scratch, didn't even need stitches or anything, and Alexis is about to end her marriage over something that was every bit or more her own fault. Nuts.

I agree that Alexis didn't handle the situation well, but I don't blame her for going to the emergency vet. Newton's eye was bleeding and you really don't want to mess around with eyes. I don't think we know that the dog didn't need stitches - he's in a cone for a week and it's possible he needed a stitch or two; almost certainly antibiotics. I hope Mya is up to date on her rabies and other vaccines. That's the first thing I would have asked. I also think that Alexis overreacted by saying she was afraid Mya would attack her. I didn't see any signs that Mya was aggressive to people.

I still can't wrap my head around Stacia's salary! What does she actually do?

I don't think it's her salary. I think it's her income. I think she has some sort of salaried job but I think she also has rental properties. So she may bring in significant "income" but she then has to pay mortgage, insurance and upkeep on her rentals, which means that she doesn't have all her "income" to spend on herself. I can't imagine that Justin earns $150,000 as a day trader. I suppose it's possible but ... 

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Stacia cracks me up with her perfection with everything, especially her house.  Have a baby or two.  There will be a day where the dinner dishes or take out will remain in the sink.  Days where you won’t wash your hair, days where you won’t make the bed with fancy pillows, or do the laundry.  Oh, and the nails will have to go.  You’ll be lucky to get a full night of sleep.  Beware.  Living by yourself and having a husband and possibly a baby are two different things.

What am I talking about?  Statia is loaded with money.  She’ll have a live- in Nanny, and a housekeeper.  She’ll most likely go back to work.  Easy, breezy.  A housekeeper/cook who will leave dinner on the table.  Money talks.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, gwen747 said:

Binh is so non-sexual. He's the type who thinks making lists, reading books, etc is the key to a good relationship. 

Wasn't he the one who said he would look on You Tube to find out how to be affectionate? Pastor Cal wanted to slap him.

My take on last night. . . I still don't like many/any of these people, either apart or together. Lindy is so cute and she and Miguel could be good if she would get out of her head and stop playing "what if." He has already said that he is not focusing on the 8 weeks anymore and she isn't hearing him. She is too busy trying to tell him how he should tell/not tell her what he is feeling so she isn't "triggered." Grow up and be an adult and talk to each other. He is being real and she is being a baby who is going to be her own worst enemy. Again, if she blames it on her religious upbringing, then her being on the show isn't fair to Miguel. Although she sure seemed comfortable with a non-religious vocabulary!

I did laugh at Mitch wearing his ladies' sandals again that he wore on the Afterparty. Yuck. He seemed pretty happy with the way things are going and may even come around and want to stay married. In that case, I truly hope she shuts him down. They are clearly the most mature couple and they do talk about things, but she just doesn't look happy. She just agrees and nods her head and I think she is trying to convince herself that things are good. His apartment would disgust me. His gift to her was something a child would give to a mother. Hers was producer driven. And, on the Afterparty, when asked how the sex was, she indicated that there is room for improvement. Not going to last!

Morgan, to me, is thoroughly unlikeable. She seems so rough and, yes, had a shitty childhood and is guarded, but I just hate that the show throws all of these broken people into this and is just waiting for drama. Binh is totally clueless and the fact that weepy Justin is his confidant is just awful. And wasn't it last week when Morgan was talking about having a husband who takes care of himself so she doesn't have to make dinner for him? And this week, she cooked. More production shenanigans.

I also don't like Alexis and Justin. She is too much and he is too wimpy. He NEVER should have let Mya around Alexis' dog (I forgot his name) that way. But, I don't want him to give Mya away. He has no idea if this will work out and I don't want him to lose his wife and his dog, although the training will be good for her - as long as he gets trained, too. I had my last little guy in training and he was waiting for me to give him a command, and I guess I wasn't fast enough so he decided what he wanted to do. Anyway, the trainer said to me, "He's trained. You're not." And the dog definitely liked Justin, as he was laying his head in Justin's lap when PC was there. I think Justin will remain celibate for at least the next 7 weeks!

Stacia is too inflexible and cold. Guys don't like all of those decorative pillows on the bed and they ARE a pain to take off and put back in every day, but that tray??? Nate really seems to want to please her, but she is asking a lot and constantly giving him side eye. She is living with a partner and there needs to be compromise - not just her way or no way.

• Like 3
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Stacia is too inflexible and cold. Guys don't like all of those decorative pillows on the bed and they ARE a pain to take off and put back in every day, but that tray??? Nate really seems to want to please her, but she is asking

That tray is weird. Unless she’s eating off it (which I wouldn’t judge at all), it’s a bizarre piece of decor. That’s her home, not a place she’s staging to rent out.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Shauna said:

Neil Bowles from Season 3 had eyes kind of like that too…

Which got me thinking about Neil and Sam. Going back to the same point made above about how this show used to just let these relationships gel or disintegrate naturally without deliberately injecting conflict, Neil and Sam were another great example of a more natural relationship progression from the early seasons of this show. For those who didn’t catch that season - their relationship transformation was compelling - Initially, Neil was giving the marriage the old college try but Sam was not into it, regularly finding ways to put him down. Then as the show progressed, it seemed just as Sam started to see the good in Neil, Neil had had enough of her insults and started shutting down. In the end, she said yes on decision day and he said no, causing her to run off in tears…there was no producer interference, just genuine feelings. Despite the events on decision day, they’re still friends to this day and Sam credits Neil and the show for inspiring her to change her ways a bit and now she’s happily married with at least one child. 

Anyway, back to the original point, I always thought Neil might have had something going on with his eyes.  

E8A68E8C-ED59-4BF3-8408-F4ADC345B290.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

While I hope both dogs are untraumatized, I really hope we're done with the doggy drama.  These couples are messed up as it is.  

I can't understand some of what Alexis is saying because she talks too fast.  Justin is a crybaby.

I'd like for Mitch and Miguel to get the hell out of their marriages.  Take a road trip and figure out what their issues are preventing them from being in successful relationships.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

If Stacia is so insistent on buying a $700 Nespresso machine why doesn’t she already have one? I’m fully supportive of her getting one if that’s what she wants - she can afford it, so Nate really shouldn’t complain - I just don’t understand why, now that she’s married, the Nespresso is a “must have” item for her but when she was single and able to buy whatever she wanted whenever she wanted it, without consult, she was satisfied with a basic Keurig. Seems a little sus - yet another producer inspired argument??? Nahh, that never happens. Lol.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

You can’t tell me that whatever expert did the home visit to Mitch’s place prior to the matching process walked away from it thinking he was excellent husband material. Again….these producers have officially turned the corner on this show and now it’s all about deliberate conflict/drama.

That being said, 2 giant thumbs up to Krysten for handling that tour so generously. Imagine what Stacia would have done if that were Nate’s place!?! Lol. Krysten just quietly observed Mitch’s pig sty with a remarkably light hearted approach given the situation. Her comment at the end was classic though - “I don’t care how much I fall in love with this man, I will never be coming back here again. Ever.” Classic! And rather than being angry about it (and questioning why the hell the experts matched her with this red-flag riddled guy) she was laughing the whole time. She’s definitely a girl I could befriend. It’s too bad she’s been dealt a rough hand in life in the relationship department - seems quite undeserved.

• Like 1
  • Love 12

Alexis will hate and blame Mya for everything from now on. She’ll make it a drama.  Mya gave them ample warning with the growling and tooth baring several times.   But Alexis’ dog was unrestrained, that’s her fault. I love animals more than people, and this is ALL on the humans, especially Alexis. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

There was something about the way Justin said that that made me wonder what was wrong with his dog.  And then sure enough, we soon found out, so in his case it DID mean something and it wasn't just a "regular worry".  

In a confessional, Justin stated that he did not lie to Alexis; however, he did withhold some information.  I believe Mya is a felon; she has a criminal record.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Hats off to production for showing the contradiction that is Stacia. First they aired the clip of Stacia and Nate in bed at the shared apartment when Stacia tells Nate that she wants all shoes off inside the house. Then they showed her being visibly disgusted when he said he sometimes lies on the bed after a workout, presumably less than 100% clean. Her rules were front and center, per usual.. Then…fast forward through half the episode… and they are in Nate’s apartment. i couldn’t help but notice how production zoomed in on her feet, with her sneakers still on, as she’s rolling off his bed, breaking two of her very own rules.

I think she would so hard to live with….lots of rules, which apparently she is allowed to break as she sees fit, but he can’t. Ever. I think she’s going to expect him to live the way she wishes she lived but doesn’t. But I think he sees dollar signs with her, so he’ll accept her demands for awhile, until he finally breaks.

Second point on these two - Nate is a day trader, so he doesn’t get a an actual paycheck. He makes (and loses) money in the stock market, so his income is almost certainly super volatile. So his claim of earning $150k a year is just an estimate and is likely very very very unpredictable. I think once Stacia experiences that volatility she will be much less tolerant of his “job”/income.

• Love 6

Justin and Alexis are both responsible for what happened with their dogs! Shame on both of them! Both dogs should have been on leashes, not just Justin's dog. After Justin's dog showed teeth TWICE, it was time to call off the meeting. Instead Alexis just allows her "baby" to roam unsupervised! Now both dogs are suffering because of human stupidity. Fuck that production crew that just let that happen. They were probably gleeful. Ugh.

With the exception of Greg of the double ovens, Stacia might be the only person whose own place is nicer than the apartments the participants are put in for filming. But what the hell with staging her freaking house like an Airbnb? It is so pretentious and stupid to put a tray on the end of the bed as "decoration" every single day that you aren't even using! Just why???? And also, Stacia asking Nate "can you tell me something RIGHT NOW????" I actually like that Nate said I will when it comes up organically. Pushy much? And not everyone feels the same way - why is she hassling him because he feels different about his birth mother than she does about her birth father? He is entitled to his own feelings!

I go back and forth on Lindy and Miguel. I just think they are a mismatch as far as temperament - she is nervous and he is blase. It's a bad mix. STOP TALKING ABOUT D-DAY! I wonder if this keeps coming up because there is nothing else there to create drama between them. It's like when Jessica was upset that Austin wouldn't say I love you. A big nothing. Maybe we are all being psyched out by the production and these two are fine? I think she is cute with her freckles and curls but the constant bright pink lipstick is distracting. She needs to explore some other colors......

Morgan and Bihn. Nope, not happening.

Krysten and Mitch for the win! Who knew? But his apartment - What!!!???!!! So gross!!!!!! I did like the coupons with expiration dates - she is adorable and fun! I hope she finds someone who deserves her someday - I don't think it's Mitch. A leopard doesn't change it's spots - he's going to be an asshole soon again - I can feel it......

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I did laugh at Mitch wearing his ladies' sandals again that he wore on the Afterparty.

He had them on in the episode, too. I couldn't help but notice. Mitch tries to act so together but is really a disaster. I don't get this whole "I'm not attracted to you" spiel to then wanting to jump her bones, bathe together, blah blah. What's going on with these two? 

This dog situation breaks my heart. Another example of a human not taking responsibility for training their dog. So the dog will suffer, be dropped off at the shelter or put to sleep. Didn't Justin say he had the dog since it was born? And he never tried to do anything about her aggression?

Binh, omg. He surely schedules out the time alloted for sex and the cut off time, right? Only after dark, with the lights out of course. He is the most non sexual person I have ever seen. Ain't nobody gonna tell me when I can and can't turn the lights on or run my appliances, lol. What a freak. 

Nate. She has an income of $415K a year. Let her buy a Nespresso with out any comments from you. One for each room if she likes. Pick your battles. Same with Stacia. Keep your nose and hands off his stuff. You don't get to come in and throw away anything you deem gross. Plenty of time for that when you actually move in together. I throw kitchen stuff (food, snacks condiments) that have been in the kitchen for way too long away that my husband swears he wants then never notices once it's gone. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Wayment.

Did Nate say he earns $150,000 annually?

Mmm.... yeah... I'm gonna need to see some receipts.Meme Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

We agree on that....along with his tax returns😉 (kidding, not kidding)

• LOL 3

I'm a dog lover and my dog is a member of my family. It's our job as owners to protect them from threatening situations. I felt so bad for poor, little, unsuspecting Newton being brought into an unsafe situation like that. Justin knew his dog had problems with other dogs and he just hoped everything would be ok. How stupid. I wonder how he'd feel getting attacked and bitten in the face and the eye. Alexis had every right to be shaken up by that. It was upsetting. Then I felt bad for Maya when Justin walked away from her after he dropped her off at the board and train. Justin promising Alexis that he will re-home Maya if the training doesn't work out is so sad. That dog has been with Justin since she was a puppy and now she's going to get unceremoniously dumped if things don't work out. I agree that Maya needs training. Some dogs are reactive around other dogs. Why did Justin let her get close enough to Newton so that she was close enough to attack him? The whole incident was upsetting and Justin was to blame.

Edited by Matty
  • Sad 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Spectator said:

Tell me about it. And no laundry between 4 and 9pm, ever? And he was complaining about the amount of electricity her coffee maker uses? And he unplugs his tv every day? Holy cow. I’m betting some of that is producer-enhanced but jeez…I definitely couldn’t live with someone like that. Either MAFS is deliberately casting people with very extreme quirks (Binh’s cheapness, Mitch’s anti-plastic rules, even Miguel’s D&D stuff) or production has asked the cast to amp up their quirks for the sake of good tv (although I definitely believe that Mitch is presenting his true self in this show).

I miss the days when MAFS actually cast people because they were fairly normal, well matched pairs. Now it’s all about conflict and controversy. Even the after party promos reveal the show’s true intention with their references to “juicy details” and “drama”…it’s so unnecessary. I really enjoyed watching Season 1 when Doug slowly broke down Jamie’s walls through patience and kindness and the viewers were given glimpses into that transformation each week. Now it’s all about creating a “real-life” soap opera for the viewers. If I wanted to watch Days of Our Lives, I’d just watch Days of Our Lives. 

Holy shit.  My tv in the living room is on like twenty hours a day.  We are retired and mine goes on as soon as I get up, and husband watches all night into the morning.  Tv is our pleasure and have three in the house as we both watch different things.  Cheap people like Binh never change.  Bet he skimps on food too.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I loved the first few episodes that were believable, like basement Ryan and the vodka sales woman and all the others.  Then production took over.  Now, even if they stay together on decision day, they get divorced a few months down the road.  They probably get paid extra to stay married for a few more months.  I wouldn’t put it past the show.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Nate. She has an income of $415K a year. Let her buy a Nespresso with out any comments from you. One for each room if she likes. Pick your battles. Same with Stacia. Keep your nose and hands off his stuff. You don't get to come in and throw away anything you deem gross. Plenty of time for that when you actually move in together. I throw kitchen stuff (food, snacks condiments) that have been in the kitchen for way too long away that my husband swears he wants then never notices once it's gone. 

Edited 2 hours ago by bichonblitz

When she was throwing away his empty oatmeal cartons, he had the kiss of death on his face.  What nerve.  Maybe he was saving them for a hobby or something.  She had some nerve.  At least ask him if it was all right.  It was his house after all.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Spectator said:

Did anyone else think that the empty oatmeal canisters in Nate’s kitchen cabinets had, at least at some point, been a place where he might have stored cash or other valuable items. The guy used to sell what were presumably illegal knock off handbags so I wouldn’t be surprised if, again at least at some point, he ran a heavy cash business out of his apartment, whatever that business might have been, and stashed cash and other items in various disguised places. Oatmeal canisters is kind of old school, but it was a pretty common “poor man’s safe” back in the day. 

Yes.  I said they probably served a purpose down thread.  He looked angry as hell.  That’s the big boss in her, whatever she does to earn all that money.  I’m assuming a boss of some sort.  She’s too above him.  What were the experts thinking?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I got the impression that she has one and wanted to bring it to the apartment, along with that stupid bed tray.

The bed tray:  Maybe she wants to feel like she’s on vacation everyday when she comes home at night.  On our bed everyday is the remote, my eye mask and our back scratcher.  Very romantic.  Oh and Ben Gay.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Wasn't he the one who said he would look on You Tube to find out how to be affectionate? Pastor Cal wanted to slap him.

Hahaha.  I laughed so hard.  I wish Cal did slap him.  Binh is the type who went home and studied all night.  Probably never had a girlfriend or sex.  He is driven with having lots of money .. no pleasure.  His pleasure is looking at his bank account.  That’s it.  Dumb Ass.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

There was a guy from last season (can't remember his name) who had bulging blue eyes, and I wondered if he had the same condition. 

How can you forget Mark the Shark??!? ;-p

3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Ain't nobody gonna tell me when I can and can't turn the lights on or run my appliances, lol. What a freak. 

I live in Central California and it's about 100 degrees or more here for four months straight and the lows overnight are usually mid-70's - Bihn would have a heart attack because I run my air conditioner 24/7. And good luck unplugging the televisions in my house - all are plugged in behind dressers or consoles. What stupidity - most appliances are built to be energy efficient. Did he actually expect Morgan to shower in pitch black darkness? Mitch needs to school him about LEDs!

4 hours ago, Spectator said:

“I don’t care how much I fall in love with this man, I will never be coming back here again. Ever.” Classic! And rather than being angry about it (and questioning why the hell the experts matched her with this red-flag riddled guy) she was laughing the whole time. She’s definitely a girl I could befriend.

Completely agree! She reminds me of one of my other favorites from this show - Philly Steph who was also matched with a pissy guy, and look how that turned out! (Although to be fair, I don't think AJ is as bad as he was portrayed on the show)

• Love 8