Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E07: Real Life Reckoning

• Start Topic

The couples move into their new apartment together; Pastor Cal visits to help; while one couple takes their relationship to the next level, another must navigate a shocking encounter between their dogs that threatens to tear their marriage apart.

Airs Wednesday, August 17, at 8:00PM EDT.

WOW .. Love the apartments and furnishings.  Chill out Statia.  She’s already giving Nate instructions where to put their stuff.  Go with the flow and don’t be a nag.  No wonder these marriages don’t last.  Don’t sweat the small stuff.

• Like 1
  • Love 9

Popping in to say I love a man in glasses. Sexy Miguel. Even the furry hood and cape can't change my mind.

Also good to see Mitch relaxing some. Don't know if it'll last, but at least he's trying.

Edited by kikicat
  • Like 1
  • Love 8

What is Statia doing?  That’s his apartment.  Don’t touch.  That’s how some guys roll.  She is going to be a pain in the ass.

OMG ..  the dog’s eye is bleeding.  Did they have to show that?  I’m freaking out.

4 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Is Justin's dog gonna get arrested for assault? 🐶

That was very stupid on Justin’s part.  I’d be very mad.

• Like 1
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Damn, did Stacia say she earns $415,000 annually? You go, girl!

When Pastor Cal speaks, I don’t know what the heck he is saying.  Why talk about children yet?  They didn’t even have sex yet.  Nate looks uncomfortable.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

When Pastor Cal speaks, I don’t know what the heck he is saying.  Why talk about children yet?  They didn’t even have sex yet.  Nate looks uncomfortable.

I guess because Stacia and Nate have already had this conversation. Stacia is late 30s and a few years older than Nate. She wants a child sooner than later. It seems as if they can well afford a child, although I have no idea if they have college debt, or any other debt.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

I guess because Stacia and Nate have already had this conversation. Stacia is late 30s and a few years older than Nate. She wants a child sooner than later. It seems as if they can well afford a child, although I have no idea if they have college debt, or any other debt.

But they just met and don’t know if they will be together come decision day.  I think it’s premature to talk about having children now.  Maybe they will find out they don’t want to be together yet.  Nate is not saying very much.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Good gravy, we need to get Lindy a hamster wheel for all the freaky energy going on. She’s over the top with her talking and mannerisms. 

She just talks to talk.  I’m a woman and can’t take all that chattering.  I can imagine what a guy thinks.  She will drive him nuts.  Everything is a big paragraph, then giggling.

• Like 2
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Justin knew his dog didn't play well with others.  He made that comment several times  before they brought the dogs home. Both he and Alexis  should have  kept the two dogs separated 

They both should have consulted a doggy doctor on how to proceed with dogs getting to know each other.  I didn’t like production showing that as I will think of that poor dog all night now.  Seriously.  Could have been avoided.  Justin was stupid to give that dog free reign.  Now one dog is injured, and the other one is in doggy jail.  Not right.  Two stupid owners.  What now?

• Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 16

Lindy is going to get her heart broken by Miguel.  She is all in and all he can think and talk about is D-Day.  Pastor Cal looked startled when he said that he told himself that he can do this for eight weeks.

If Morgan and Binh stay together, I have a feeling he will be walking on eggshells and apologizing for as long as they are together.

I find Stacia’s type A personality a bit overwhelming; I feel sorry for Nate.  She comes across as judgmental and condescending. 

Something tells me this isn’t the first time Mya’s bit another dog. Perhaps instead of blaming the other dogs, Justin should have gotten her trained. 

Krysten and Mitch might just surprise us and make this work. 

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Justin knew his dog didn't play well with others.  He made that comment several times  before they brought the dogs home. Both he and Alexis  should have  kept the two dogs separated 

Alexis should take some responsibility for not looking out for her baby during the introductory period.  

They both should have consulted a doggy doctor on how to proceed with dogs getting to know each other.  I didn’t like production showing that as I will think of that poor dog all night now.  Seriously.  Could have been avoided.  Justin was stupid to give that dog free reign.  Now one dog is injured, and the other one is in doggy jail.  Not right.  Two stupid owners.  What now?

Agree with all of this, though it was Alexis, not Justin, who gave her dog free rein. And they could have even Googled it a bit but instead they threw the two dogs together and hoped for the best, which obviously didn't happen. During the meeting with Pastor Cal, Justin said that Mya snapped twice before she finally bit Newton. I thought "well no fucking wonder she bit. She warned everyone twice!" 

I do think that Alexis is wrong to be afraid that Mya will bite her and I can't tell if she is genuinely afraid for her own safety or just angry about the situation. Many dogs are aggressive toward other dogs but not toward people. We didn't see much of Mya but my sense was that she was ok with people; just not other dogs.

I hope that the trainers can work some magic with Mya so she is less dog aggressive but even if they do, it will be on Justin and Alexis to keep up whatever training and behavioral reinforcement the trainer recommends. Those two both strike me as people who say their dogs are their "babies" until you have to do the tedious daily work of training and rewarding - then all of a sudden it's too much trouble. I hope no one ends up having to try to rehome his/her dog - especially the dog who gets labelled a biter. 

Good gravy, we need to get Lindy a hamster wheel for all the freaky energy going on. She’s over the top with her talking and mannerisms. 

Good thing she doesn't have Stasia's Nespresso or Morgan's Breville. She definitely doesn't need caffeine.

Something tells me this isn’t the first time Mya’s bit another dog. Perhaps instead of blaming the other dogs, Justin should have gotten her trained. 

Alexis said during their meeting with Pastor Cal that Justin later told her that Mya had snapped at or bitten dogs in the past but Justin was quick to say "it wasn't her fault. The other dogs antagonized her." He definitely should have realized that Mya has a problem with other dogs and if he couldn't be bothered to train her, he could at least have been more thoughtful and careful about introducing her to Newton. Dumbass move...

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Applause 2
  • Love 11

Question about Mya; Justin's dog:

When a dog is sent for obedience training, doesn't their owner have to participate as well?  

It appeared Justin just dropped Mya off and was going to go back to pick her up in two weeks. That seems strange; doesn't Justin need training, too, so he knows how to handle Mya correctly when in contact with other dogs?

Edited to add:

It looked like Mya was put in a cage with other dogs at the training facility. Why would they put a dog needing training to not bite other dogs, with other dogs?

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Lindy is going to get her heart broken by Miguel.  She is all in and all he can think and talk about is D-Day.  Pastor Cal looked startled when he said that he told himself that he can do this for eight weeks.

If Morgan and Binh stay together, I have a feeling he will be walking on eggshells and apologizing for as long as they are together.

I find Stacia’s type A personality a bit overwhelming; I feel sorry for Nate.  She comes across as judgmental and condescending. 

Krysten and Mitch might just surprise us and make this work. 

Yes to everything you said.  I have a feeling Lindy will be beside herself on decision day.  Miguel has an out and that’s all that’s keeping him there.  Statia is a real pain.  She’s too rigid about everything.  I think Nate is having second thoughts as she has say about everything.  The way thru Mitch’s heart is thru his stomach.  She cooks.

• Love 1

When a dog is sent for obedience training, doesn't their owner have to participate as well?  

No, though it's much better if an owner does participate in training. Lots of places do "board and train" where you do exactly what Justin did - drop off the dog, expect someone else to fix it and plan to pick up a perfectly behaved dog. Sometimes it works ok but you do really have to continue training and reinforcement at home. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Elizzikra said:

No, though it's much better if an owner does participate in training. Lots of places do "board and train" where you do exactly what Justin did - drop off the dog, expect someone else to fix it and plan to pick up a perfectly behaved dog. Sometimes it works ok but you do really have to continue training and reinforcement at home. 

Interesting!

I'll bet there are a lot of parents that would pay good money to send their misbehaving children to a facility like that for kids - if there was one! 😉

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Interesting!

I'll bet there are a lot of parents that would pay good money to send their misbehaving children to a facility like that for kids - if there was one! 😉

Boarding school? Juvie?

It looked like Mya was put in a cage with other dogs at the training facility. Why would they put a dog needing training to not bite other dogs, with other dogs?

I think they put her alone in a pretty good sized kennel, which was nice. It would be an awful idea to put her with other dogs.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 4

For all of Mitch’s bluster about plastic bags, he sure has a lot of plastic crap in his house. I figured he’d be more of a minimalist and at least keep his home marginally clean. That was disgusting. No way would I put produce directly in his fridge without a baggie and maybe not even then. 
I hope Justin doesn’t give his dog away. At least Alexis has an out if he doesn’t. 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

Stacia cracks me up with her perfection with everything, especially her house.  Have a baby or two.  There will be a day where the dinner dishes or take out will remain in the sink.  Days where you won’t wash your hair, days where you won’t make the bed with fancy pillows, or do the laundry.  Oh, and the nails will have to go.  You’ll be lucky to get a full night of sleep.  Beware.  Living by yourself and having a husband and possibly a baby are two different things.

• Wink 1
  • Applause 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Alexis said during their meeting with Pastor Cal that Justin later told her that Mya had snapped at or bitten dogs in the past but Justin was quick to say "it wasn't her fault. The other dogs antagonized her." He definitely should have realized that Mya has a problem with other dogs and if he couldn't be bothered to train her, he could at least have been more thoughtful and careful about introducing her to Newton. Dumbass move...

It's obvious to me that neither Alexis or Justin knows much about dogs nor have the maturity to handle one.  But the greater offense is on Justin for not taking responsibility for his dog's problem.  Even if she were only aggressive when provoked, how could he be so sure that Alexis' dog wouldn't provoke Mya?  So stupid, but this is just par for the course with him and everything.  If I were Alexis it would make me trust him even less in general.  Even worse is knowing that he is on record in a prior talking head about how the one thing he was worried about was how well the dogs would get along.  Even when I heard that I said to myself, "Why is he so worried about that?  What's wrong with his dog?"  So he is full of shit acting like he didn't have some clue about his dog's behavioral issues.  He is just irresponsible, period.  He continues to act like someone half his age.

• Applause 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

But they just met and don’t know if they will be together come decision day.  I think it’s premature to talk about having children now.  Maybe they will find out they don’t want to be together yet.  Nate is not saying very much.

They literally already talked about it. On their own. And it's the things they need to talk about. Having/not having kids and when are non negotiable for most people. They have to address it at some point. Why later when more feelings are involved? Making it potentially tougher to deal with. They are in the real world now. The honeymoon is over. Time to talk about the real stuff.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

It's obvious to me that neither Alexis or Justin knows much about dogs nor have the maturity to handle one.  But the greater offense is on Justin for not taking responsibility for his dog's problem.  Even if she were only aggressive when provoked, how could he be so sure that Alexis' dog wouldn't provoke Mya?  So stupid, but this is just par for the course with him and everything.  If I were Alexis it would make me trust him even less in general.  Even worse is knowing that he is on record in a prior talking head about how the one thing he was worried about was how well the dogs would get along.  Even when I heard that I said to myself, "Why is he so worried about that?  What's wrong with his dog?"  So he is full of shit acting like he didn't have some clue about his dog's behavioral issues.  He is just irresponsible, period.  He continues to act like someone half his age.

Literally everytime people on this show come on while both having pets, they worry about whether or not the pets will get along. It doesn't mean anything. It's a regular worry.

That was a bad meeting situation with in general. Too much a closed placed with strangers, camera crew, etc. It was a set up for disaster.

I still maintain i could so without people coming on here with pets. I just don't need it and there is already enough for them to worry about. But, since so much of the population feels the need to have them, it won't happen.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
Just now, Racj82 said:

Literally everytime people on this show come on while both having pets, they worry about whether or not the pets will get along. It doesn't mean anything. It's a regular worry.

True enough, but I never reacted that way to any of the other pet owner "regular" worries.  There was something about the way Justin said that that made me wonder what was wrong with his dog.  And then sure enough, we soon found out, so in his case it DID mean something and it wasn't just a "regular worry".  Any guy whose dog has been involved in that many other aggressive incidents with dogs is not just expressing a "regular worry".  He knows his dog has a problem and he is full of shit trying to act like he had no clue.  If he didn't, he SHOULD have.  He is transparent to me most of the time.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I think it’s a shame that Binh is the only male participant, who makes more than his wife. They did these ladies a disservice.

I can’t get over Krysten wooing an unattractive man, who lives in a filthy hovel and earns half as much as she does. Someone must have done quite the number on her, because her self esteem is in the toilet. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

True enough, but I never reacted that way to any of the other pet owner "regular" worries.  There was something about the way Justin said that that made me wonder what was wrong with his dog.  And then sure enough, we soon found out, so in his case it DID mean something and it wasn't just a "regular worry".  Any guy whose dog has been involved in that many other aggressive incidents with dogs is not just expressing a "regular worry".  He knows his dog has a problem and he is full of shit trying to act like he had no clue.  If he didn't, he SHOULD have.  He is transparent to me most of the time.

All I'm saying is that the comment in itself means nothing. Him just saying it wasn't a red flag. But, this just happened to be more than typical pets meeting anxiety. Hopefully, the dog got the training it needed and they can mend this. I'm not nor will ever a pet person but this was just shitty for all involved.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Racj82 said:

All in saying that the comment in itself means nothing. Him just saying it wasn't a red flag. But, this just happened to be more than typical pets meeting anxiety. Hopefully, the dog got the training it needed and they can mend this. I'm not nor will ever a pet person but this was just shitty for all involved.

I don't think it was just a coincidence that he made that comment and then we saw that incident.  If it was enough to trip my meter and make me wonder why he said it, it was most definitely NOT a coincidence.  Yeah, I'm THAT good, LOL.

Don't forget the way he worded it was that it was "his biggest worry".  BIGGEST worry?  Why that big?

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I think it’s a shame that Binh is the only male participant, who makes more than his wife. They did these ladies a disservice.

I can’t get over Krysten wooing an unattractive man, who lives in a filthy hovel and earns half as much as she does. Someone must have done quite the number on her, because her self esteem is in the toilet. 

Why in the world does it matter who makes more? It only matters to the individuals.

In this day in age I never understand the fixation on how much a man makes. I say that because no one ever really cares how much a woman makes. In this age of strong, independent, hard working women that don't need a man for anything, him not making more money than you shouldn't matter. It only matters if the man or the woman can't handle dynamic. If everyone involved are cool with that dynamic, no one was done dirty. No woman this season has complained about what their husband makes or the income discrepancy so they must not of cared.

I've also realized over time that how much someone makes, for the average person, matters far less than how they spend it

• Applause 4
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I don't think it was just a coincidence that he made that comment and then we saw that incident.  If it was enough to trip my meter and make me wonder why he said it, it was most definitely NOT a coincidence.  Yeah, I'm THAT good, LOL.

Don't forget the way he worded it was that it was "his biggest worry".  BIGGEST worry?  Why that big?

I'm not saying you are wrong but AT THAT MOMENT, it probably was his biggest worry. Alexis is clearly a huge "my dog is my child" type of person so the worry that everything goes well with the pets meeting would be huge.

I need Justin to stop fucking crying every week. It's OK for men to cry. I'm not judging that but come on man. I just need a week. We finally lost the dick talk.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Miguel is one of those super rational "all in his head" guys that puts his foot in his mouth by not realizing the potential emotional impact of his statements.  Neither one of them should be "tipping their hand" at this point about how they are feeling.  It's too soon to talk about decision day but it's also too soon to act pouty and insecure if your partner doesn't seem to be as "all in" as you are.  If they keep this up they are going to end up in that death spiral I spoke about a week or more ago.  For anyone that remembers the NT/NF death spiral from personality type theory chat boards years ago, theirs is a relationship teetering on its event horizon.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I shouldn’t take enjoyment in it and don't in terms of the circumstances but I kind of love the fall of Justin and Alexis just because they were so insufferable with their "We are so in love and nothing can bring us down" crap. I mean be happy things are working out but tone it down.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, kikicat said:

I recently pulled a cake mix out of my cupboard that was dated 2018. Still edible? I did throw out the yogurt with mold.

LOL, actually yes, it's still edible, as long as it doesn't look bad just add a little fresh baking powder per YouTube video instructions.  Don't ask me how I know that, LOL.  😉

31 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I am still LOL at Krysten's comment when she was on the Afterparty a few weeks back that re: Mitch:  "It's raining red flags and I'm doing snow angels in them".  Krysten is determined to give this marriage a genuine old "college try".  God love 'er for it, she gets my admiration for her determination and positive attitude despite Mitch's quirks and issues.  I am having a hard time believing that she is really in her heart of hearts falling for Mitch, though.  Right now she seems like she's following this wherever it goes and is along for the ride, but who knows how she'll feel weeks from now?  I also don't trust Mitch himself.  Right now he is also going along with things and seems to be warming up to Krysten, but with his history I'm still not trusting that it's going to last.  We'll see!

• Like 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Yup.  And I hate her hair.  She can do so much better all the way around.

Stacia with that tray on the bed-WTF?!  I understand her wanting more depth from Nate (I hope this is not another “vulnerable” season), but it’s unreasonable to expect Nate to have the same emotional response to something she does.  It’s not wrong, or suspect, just different.

I hope the dog situation is resolved without anyone giving up their dogs. Hopefully the boot camp is followed up with the trainer visiting them and working with them.  I would be upset if that was my dog but I also think some small part of Alexis is looking for an out.

I also hate Binh’s hair…

Edited by For Cereals
  • Like 2
  • Love 6

If Alexis was so worried about her baby dog why did she let him off leash and run around free and go and sniff and smell Justin's dog. Justin at least had his under control and was trying to keep the situation calm. Alexis totally blew the incident out of proportion freaking out and rushing out to an emergency vet. The dog just had a little scratch, didn't even need stitches or anything, and Alexis is about to end her marriage over something that was every bit or more her own fault. Nuts.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5