Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Break-ups and shake-ups

• Start Topic

Captain Sandy makes a critical decision that impacts the deck team; after the second charter comes to an end, the crew has an eventful night out; two crew members' relationship takes a tumultuous turn causing Captain Sandy to intervene.

Bravo Airdate: 08/08/2022

This season the episodes will be airing a week earlier on Peacock Premium.  You can comment on the episode once it is live there.  Anyone waiting for the Bravo airing, be aware there will be early comments on the episode - so don't enter if you don't want to be spoiled!

So Raygen gets canned, and rightfully so.  From episode 6 previews, it seems like that starboard stern corner touches the dolphin yet again. Must be magnetic attraction. Certainly none of that left for the chef, as far as Tasha is concerned. He had a classic panic episode. Don’t wish that on anyone, but it certainly was mostly his doing that pushed her away. Just too needy too soon. Very abusive with the drunk texting, which I’m sure was the final straw for Tash . Lucky for chef she didn’t allow Sandy to fire him too. New female bosun on the way in. People think it may be the return of Malia, but in the preview for episode 6 she was definitely blonde. Could be more producer shenanigans …like they did with the first dolphin “crash” 🤣

Edited by aqusdealer
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

That was a firing that was coming.  Raygan didn't seem surprised and none of the crew seemed surprised either. 

Natasha hooked up with some crazy with Dave.  She thought he was nice because she wasn't telling him no or distancing herself from him.  I think his break down was because he got caught being horrible for a second time and there is proof with the texts he sent. He knows exactly what he is doing from what I see now. The way he was this episode he should be packing his bags soon. The texts he sent and his sitting on her bed with the smirk was awful.  

It was nice to see Kyle stay with her that night and to ask Storm talk to Dave.

All I can say with the preview is (I put a spoiler since it was for the next episode).  I hope that's the right way to do it.

Spoiler

OMG not again with another crash? And the new bosun involved I think too?

• Love 3

So what was all this about Raygan having been "always an officer"? She seems to have oversold her credentials by a lot. Her excuse seemed to be "it's a really busy boat." I guess she was used to lots of snack and smoke breaks.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

So what was all this about Raygan having been "always an officer"? She seems to have oversold her credentials by a lot. Her excuse seemed to be "it's a really busy boat." I guess she was used to lots of snack and smoke breaks.

I definitely thiink it was oversold.  She may have been an officer but it wasn't on anything of this size. Although I can't imagine her supervising anyone.  Do they have yachts/boats/etc that someone like her would be one?  Day yachts/hourly tours ect.

• Love 3

Go straight to hell, Dave. The minute someone start texting 'SLUT' to the woman you supposedly love, you are officially toxic. IDGAF that he was drunk. He showed his true colors. 

Edited by Maurina
  • Applause 7
  • Love 14

Go straight to hell, Dave. The minute someone start texting 'SLUT' to the woman you supposedly love, you are officially toxic. IDGAF that he was drunk. He showed his true colors. 

There is definitely something wrong with him. Alcohol is no excuse, it only lowers inhibitions. He's got some serious problems and needs help. I really think Natasha should have told Sandy she doesn't feel safe around him.

As for the new crew member . . . it better not be Malia. I'm going to be furious if it is. There were tons of pre-season promos saying she wouldn't be back, that had better not have been subterfuge. Sandy did tell whoever it was she was glad they were "coming back" so it's someone we've seen before and I can't think of who that might be. I wouldn't think they'd "promote" Storm to active Bosun just to replace him with Malia two days later but you never know. 

Kyle? Please stop talking about your butthole. Thanks very much.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

As for the new crew member . . . it better not be Malia.

I'm assuming it's not, since she was told "no bosuns are available." There have been a few female deck hands, but I'm terrible with names (as well as faces) so I'm no help there.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Maurina said:

He has shown a lot of characteristics that reveal him to be a bad and scary partner.  Out of line!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

I'm assuming it's not, since she was told "no bosuns are available." There have been a few female deck hands, but I'm terrible with names (as well as faces) so I'm no help there.

It's not, at leaast according to the pics online.  It's 

Spoiler

Courtney from last season and not Malia. Stacasm shows the team like a Brady Bunch shot.

• Useful 3

Would a real charter boat allow both of them to keep their jobs after a blowup like that?

Well they both have key positions so it might be hard to bring in a replacement.

But Bravo has to be thrilled with the drama.  Natasha said she didn’t want to show Sandy the texts.  So who showed it to Bravo so that they could display them on screen?

Natasha will have to room with another man?  Probably Kyle.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, sasywt ch said:

Natasha gives me Malia vibes. 

The difference to me is Malia relished getting attention while Natasha appears to run from it.  I strongly agree that she hasn't handled the situation well at all but I think that's at least in part to her being non-confrontational in nature.

In real life, she would've just ghosted him and he likely wouldn't have become so frustrated/belligerent about it. But, they're trapped on a boat together 24/7 so she runs away and he gets angry.  I also wonder with her being fresh out of five year relationship, she might not have much dating experience. Not to mention that Dave seems emotionally charged/on edge all of the time. I'd likely tiptoe around him too.

Glad we appear to have dodged Malia for now (I guess we really should thank her errant scooter riding). But, I worry when the previews show Storm not handling his radio correctly and Sandy hitting another dolphin pylon...

• Like 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, sasywt ch said:

I don't post much but I read daily.  I think I'm the lone wolf here.  Natasha gives me Malia vibes.  I think Natasha is as much to blame.  I do not agree with the name calling on the texts so do not give Dave a pass there at all.  However, Natasha tells Dave not to tell anyone, then flirts in front of him with a deckhand then comes back to the bunk and asks to xxxxx.  If she felt he was smothering her, then tell him.  Don't play the games of not answering texts when he asks her if she wants to talk.  I'm female and don't like to watch when women play those types of games with men.  Be upfront, tell him he was a boy toy for awhile but it's done and move on.   It was the Malia playing games with Adam that made me quit watching this a few seasons ago. 

My thoughts exactly.

When she said, "I feel responsible," to Kyle, I thought, "No, S$$t, Sherlock, ya think?"

I'm not saying that Dave doesn't have issues -- he's got a lot of them.  But a lot of the angst might have been avoided if she'd been truthful with him when her feelings changed and he wanted to talk. I think the crew becomes so accustomed to having cameras around that they forget everything they do is being recorded. We saw her literally jump on him in the galley when they first arrived. We heard her volunteer to share a room with him. We saw her ask him if he wanted to screw on one of their first nights on the boat. She needs to bear some of the responsibility for the messiness. 

• Like 4
  • Love 19

I think Natasha is as much to blame.  I do not agree with the name calling on the texts so do not give Dave a pass there at all.  However, Natasha tells Dave not to tell anyone, then flirts in front of him with a deckhand then comes back to the bunk and asks to xxxxx.

Yes, you never want to victim blame, and there is seriously something wrong with Dave, he is bunny-boiling levels of stalker. That said, Natasha was definitely sending him mixed signals. That doesn't mean she "deserved" the kind of treatment she got, but it's certainly a cautionary tale about what can seem like innocent hookups at first. She really did seem like she was into him at first, and then she did seem to be ghosting him, and she was doing it to someone who is clearly unstable. It was a disaster waiting to happen.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Yes, you never want to victim blame, and there is seriously something wrong with Dave, 

Dave is as much the victim as Natasha - if not more so. She played him. She started getting bored with her ex - so cheated on her ex with Dave. She then led Dave on and used him to satisfy her own emotional needs. Then she starts playing with his emotions when she got bored of him. If she didn't want a relationship with him - she should have just said straight up - it is over.  Dave is an emotionally fragile person and the sort of guy that cares too much and falls hard - and men like him are often the ones that end up suicidal because they are victims of women that play them.

Natasha also has issues. The previews show her running back to her ex and telling him she is sorry for cheating on him etc. She can't handle being alone and has to have someone to be her emotional crutch. Women like that often end up in bad or abusive relationships because they are scared to leave and be independent. 

Those two personalities - Dave's and Natasha's - are just a very toxic combination !! I have no doubt that is why the producers included them on the show - and is is very unfair to the two of them ! They need to put as much distance from each other as possible. 

As for the new bosun situation - i am glad Malia is not coming back ! And look forward to seeing Storm step up.

5 hours ago, rur said:

My thoughts exactly.

When she said, "I feel responsible," to Kyle, I thought, "No, S$$t, Sherlock, ya think?"

The way she was involving Kyle reminds me very much of how Narcissist's behave ! They spin a yarn to get a bunch of people to become their besties and turn them against anyone that wrongs them. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 8

Natasha should have cut things off early.  It may only have been a week or two between their arrival on this boat, when they decided to share the cabin, to when Dave had this meltdown.

Dave says they had planned to come out as a couple before they arrived.

But immediately Natasha told the other crew that they were just friends.

Then Dave got more needy and Natasha just kept avoiding him, which is her right but she could have made things a lot simpler by saying that she didn't want to be a couple and asking to switch to another cabin -- or having him move out.

That's not to blame her in any way for what Dave did but it's possible the situation could have been avoided if she was frank with him at the start.

She was okay sharing the cabins with him, even hooked up a couple of times there, but when the other crew got Dave to admit he wanted to have a relationship, that's when she started pushing him away.

Maybe if the previews are accurate, she will try to get her ex back and that could be one of the reasons why she didn't want to do more with Dave than occasionally hooking up.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, aghst said:

Maybe if the previews are accurate, she will try to get her ex back and that could be one of the reasons why she didn't want to do more with Dave than occasionally hooking up.

That man is a fool if he falls for it.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Lassus said:

I will go down with the ship that Natasha is 100,000% not to blame for Dave being a fucking shitty lunatic hookup.

I agree now that

I saw this episode.  He was crazy and he knew what he was doing.  His texts but his going to their room and taking a seat in her bed just smirking and lazying in her bed was beyong wrong and creepy. He knew what he was doing and did it on purpose.  

I don't think Natasha knew the level of crazy he had.  They had fun the last charter so she thought that fun would continue.  Why would he act crazy then?   If they had an agreement not to tell then don't tell (it would come out later) but it didn't work out.  Did she lead him on?  I think so but still when she stopped it all, you have to go along with it.  You don't text the garbage you did and don't give a threat either. That's where it ends for me. She wanted it to stop and he kept on.

For me, he should have been fired but for whatever reason she seemed to have saved his job.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3

My opinion is that Natasha is a player and Dave is overly trusting and needy-- too much so.  If she'd really not been interested in him then why all the flirting, room sharing, sex, etc from her? I can understand him being confused.  Everything seemed initiated by her--- until she stopped and didn't have the guts to explain to him that she realized she just wasn't that interested in him anymore and they should just be friends.  Instead she runs here and runs there avoiding him, giving him serious stares when he mentions he needs to talk to her or wants an explanation from her about what's going on.  Just give him a freakin explanation--- unless you WANT the attention.  

This upsets me because I (female) know a couple just like this.  She leads him on then rejects him.  He's just like Dave and believes her then gets hurt.  It's exasperating to watch!  You just want to slug her and shake him good-- or slug him and shake her good! I think Dave is simple when it comes to women and Nat is wily when it comes to men and likes the attention of the cameras frantically following her.  I wonder how she'd react if the new stew was a sexy little piece who flirted with Dave and he responded? Something tells me Nat would be suddenly insert herself back in the mix. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 13

This franchise more so than any of the other Below Deck shows pushes the hook ups and sexual hijinks. And everytime there is a hook up between two of the senior crew members there is always going to be drama that spills over to the rest of the crew. Remember Chef Tom and Malia, Hannah and Conrad and on Saiing yacht that horrible chief stew and Adam. I thought it was interesting on the first episode this season Sandi said that she would not tolerate sexual harassment but if people fell in love while on the boat that was OK.  Thought that was a  strange thing to say. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Sandi said that she would not tolerate sexual harassment but if people fell in love while on the boat that was OK.  Thought that was a  strange thing to say. 

Yes it was a strange thing to say for sure but no surprise since Sandy is not a good manager.

• Applause 1
  • Love 7

That's not her standard, it's Bravo's.

Of course they're going to encourage hookups and the drama they generate.

But they can't be on board with harassment after #MeToo.

Again I wonder how common hookups are on real boats.   They seem to pattern the structure of the crew after the military, with ranks or hierarchy.  One main thing in the military is that they frown on fraternization.  They can't prevent it all the time but they certain don't condone it or facilitate it like letting people who were hooking up share close quarters.

Or plying them with booze so they are more likely to hook up.

• Love 2

Again I wonder how common hookups are on real boats.  

I'd wager they are far less likely on real boats, since they don't tend to hire models and mactor-wanna-be's and require them to go out drinking after every charter until they are black-out drunk.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
On 8/4/2022 at 2:07 PM, psychoticstate said:

Well, up to this point I could watch episodes a week early but now apparently, I can't (although I still can with Below Deck Down Under.)  

The season is over on Down Under on Peacock and has been since  before it premiered on Bravo.

• Love 1

Like a Bosun being fired, these comments are in the order of the episode broadcast.

So Queeg fires Raygan.  Well, that was inevitable.  But to lie about how she would “train her” – please.

Meanwhile, Dave’s suffocation of Natasha continues.  And Natasha’s no prize.  Watch out, Storm she has her eyes on you.

But still, Dave’s increasingly hostile texts brings him into a whole new territory of douche-baggery.  What an utter clot!

And alcohol is no excuse.  Dave can claim all he wants to about how he “can’t remember” what he did, but he apparently remembers enough to be ashamed.  Though not ashamed enough.  He even made a back-handed excuse about how what he did was not right, even if the other people “were wrong”.  What?  No, dude, there’s only one person “wrong” here and that’s you.  Natasha may have her own set of problems and issues, but there’s no justifying your behaviour.

Oh, for pity’s sake, another prima donna basket case chef.  I can point to half a dozen food trucks that would get the job done tastily.  How do these people survive?  Do people really buy into their nonsense?

Dave says he can reset and move on?  Not a freaking chance.

What is it about the laundry and people singing there?  I’ve seen this on different BD shows now.  The laundry apparently inspires people to sing.  Not to do laundry so much, but to sing…

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 8/1/2022 at 11:54 PM, sasywt ch said:

I don't post much but I read daily.  I think I'm the lone wolf here.  Natasha gives me Malia vibes.  I think Natasha is as much to blame.  I do not agree with the name calling on the texts so do not give Dave a pass there at all.  However, Natasha tells Dave not to tell anyone, then flirts in front of him with a deckhand then comes back to the bunk and asks to xxxxx.  If she felt he was smothering her, then tell him.  Don't play the games of not answering texts when he asks her if she wants to talk.  I'm female and don't like to watch when women play those types of games with men.  Be upfront, tell him he was a boy toy for awhile but it's done and move on.   It was the Malia playing games with Adam that made me quit watching this a few seasons ago. 

Oh no you’re not the lone wolf, I think Natasha is to blame.  I think she’s an asshole.

I bring myself back to my single days, I imagine some guy hooking up with me, leading me on, wanting to share a cabin, telling me that we are going public “soon”… then totally ghosting me on a boat where we live and work??  Im texting him, “F you, I am telling everyone, man-slut!”  I don’t think the texts are abusive, they are unkind and a little unhinged, but it’s because he’s totally confused and hurt.

• Love 11
On 8/2/2022 at 9:43 PM, MyMaui said:

Neither one is blamess:

She should have been up front and told him this isn't happening.

Sharing the cabin was a bad idea.

His obsession is bad, but he shouldn't have been such a jerk.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Yes, Dave should feel ashamed of those texts and what he said to Natasha.  However, why in the heck didn't she just let him know that her feelings have changed or she didn't feel the same as he felt about her.  She avoided talking to him/answering his calls and texts and he spiraled.  This doesn't excuse his behavior, but a lot of the messiness could have been avoided.  On WWHL, Natasha is insisting they were never in a relationship.  I think that may be her viewpoint, but I believe Dave was invested.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

On WWHL, Natasha is insisting they were never in a relationship.  I think that may be her viewpoint, but I believe Dave was invested.

She also said she didn't say "screw", it was Bravo editing.  She was quite defensive.

Jason was way cool.  Said he would ever work with Storm again, so something big happens.  Stay tuned!

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2

Still believe Natasha and Dave were just an agreed hookup on the last boat.  Natasha still thought that on this boat but Dave became possessive.  Natasha should've reminded Dave this was just fun and games or ended it right there.  She should've never ran away and avoided the issue but then where's the drama in that?  Sorry no sympathy for Dave after seeing those texts.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, PaperTree said:

On WWHL, Natasha is insisting they were never in a relationship.

This is like "I did not have sex with that woman." I'm convinced they were each other's booty call and sleeping partners on the previous boat. Some people split hairs about that kind of thing.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
On 8/3/2022 at 8:20 AM, pasdetrois said:

Production ignited this fuze by making them share a cabin. They knew what would happen. I think they encouraged Natasha to do the mixed signals thing.

They also made them go out to dinner and the club and drink to excess.

And you can't ghost someone on a boat!  If she's been a yachtie that long (she said 8 years), she should know that.  Even without the cameras, they would be on top of each other all day.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, PaperTree said:

She also said she didn't say "screw", it was Bravo editing.  She was quite defensive.

Jason was way cool.  Said he would ever work with Storm again, so something big happens.  Stay tuned!

She also said they didn't have sex in the 30 minute shower. It was the only place they could talk away from the cameras.

• Love 2

I am not choosing Dave because what he texted her was rude.  I also thought it was rude for her not to answer his texts after she left the club.  If someone ghosted me at a club, walked out, got a cab alone, I'd be worried about them until I heard from them.  She kept looking at her phone and I think she knew she was messing with him.  It's just common decency to say, "Hello.  I'm on the boat.  I'm going to bed.  Let's talk later."  She likes drama, maybe just not that much.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Kerrey92 said:

I am not choosing Dave because what he texted her was rude.  I also thought it was rude for her not to answer his texts after she left the club.  If someone ghosted me at a club, walked out, got a cab alone, I'd be worried about them until I heard from them.  She kept looking at her phone and I think she knew she was messing with him.  It's just common decency to say, "Hello.  I'm on the boat.  I'm going to bed.  Let's talk later."  She likes drama, maybe just not that much.

Exactly! She could have communicated with him the littlest bit and it would have shut down all his aggressive texts, not that it is her fault that he texted abusive texts like a lunatic but she knew his personality type, she could have said something to him earlier in the evening about having a private talk with him.  However, I get her not answering his texts, there were so many of them it must have been horrible for her...I dated a guy who lived a bit of a distance away from me, we often meet somewhat in the middle but it was always a million texts from him such as, call me when you get in your car, call or text when you are ten minutes away, call or text when you are in the parking lot, call or text when you are walking in the door...needless to say it was a bit much so I totally get her ignoring him.

My dismay is how Dave could keep his job after threatening a coworker like that.  Below Deck has fired a chef for saying some not nice things about gay people, Peter the deckhand who made racists comments on social media, Lexi for telling a coworker he should have been aborted, etc...I think abuse or violence against women should be dealt with more than Sandy coddling the abuser...creating a hostile work environment is cause for dismisal. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Exactly! She could have communicated with him the littlest bit and it would have shut down all his aggressive texts, not that it is her fault that he texted abusive texts like a lunatic but she knew his personality type, she could have said something to him earlier in the evening about having a private talk with him.  However, I get her not answering his texts, there were so many of them it must have been horrible for her...I dated a guy who lived a bit of a distance away from me, we often meet somewhat in the middle but it was always a million texts from him such as, call me when you get in your car, call or text when you are ten minutes away, call or text when you are in the parking lot, call or text when you are walking in the door...needless to say it was a bit much so I totally get her ignoring him.

My dismay is how Dave could keep his job after threatening a coworker like that.  Below Deck has fired a chef for saying some not nice things about gay people, Peter the deckhand who made racists comments on social media, Lexi for telling a coworker he should have been aborted, etc...I think abuse or violence against women should be dealt with more than Sandy coddling the abuser...creating a hostile work environment is cause for dismisal. 

I agree he should have NOT sent those terrible texts.  But for her to get off Scott free with no responsibility for her part is wrong.  She knew he was freaking out and all she needed to do was to communicate to him that he was just a hook up and nothing else.  But instead, she ignores him and watches his texts go from concern to pissed off.  And he was drunk.  He did it but she definitely got him to that point.  I don't like her, at all.

• Love 5

The Natasha/Dave mess was hard to watch. She literally threw herself at him In the first episode so one can see where he thought they were more than what they were. If he had been friendly but a bit aloof, I think they would still be hooking up. 
He shouldn’t completely lose his shit after a few drinks and start texting threatening messages. 
Kyle is doing great in the gay best friend role. The duo reminds me of Kate Chastain and Josiah.  

• Like 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

That needs to stop immediately. Other than that I rather like Kyle.

I have mixed feelings about Kyle.  He seems like a fun guy and a good friend to Natasha, but he is very forward with the guests.  I guess it works on a tv show, but some of the things he is doing/saying with the guests seem too familiar.  If these guests were really paying top dollar, they may find some of his antics irritating.

• Like 3
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I have mixed feelings about Kyle.  He seems like a fun guy and a good friend to Natasha, but he is very forward with the guests.  I guess it works on a tv show, but some of the things he is doing/saying with the guests seem too familiar.  If these guests were really paying top dollar, they may find some of his antics irritating.

Totally agree.  He's good TV, but I would never be around him.  He also goes to far with his co-workers.  He cracked Natalya (Natasha?) in the face with laundry, as well as mounted her while she was bent over dusting and polishing.  This guy, while entertaining, has no fucking boundaries.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Like 2
  • Love 5