Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: The Family Business

• Start Topic

Because he's a loser wanna-be attorney and it kills him every day of his life.

He's nothing more than a sleazy salesman, first for a string of pharmaceutical companies, and now for a mortgage company.

He's a liar, a fraud, and a scumbag.

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 8

So how bad was it that Melissa wanted to put wings on the garbage truck.  I was just waiting for someone to say -you mean like the ones on Maxi-pads?  There is no danger Melissa will ever be labeled a branding expert. 

• Love 3

Melissa - "Going Green Gives You Wings"?  Have you seen the Red Bull commercials?  Or the Maxipad ones?  Or the Friday night bar specials?  Because they give you wings.   And your truck gets 8 mlles per gallon?  STFU.

Wings = fairy?  I thought birds or "angels", but whatevs.

Quick, someone call the Child Abuse Hotline, because Jim is indoctrinating his children in douchebaggery.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 6

Isn't the "you'll get wings" the Red Bull slogan? And that Joe Gorga thinks because Melissa is "gorgeous" that titans of industry will fall at her feet? She's a joke and pretty much a worthless human being.

• Love 3

It's hard to have any interest in these new girls. So the episode was pretty boring. The best part was Teresa and Dina acting like tweens making "vision boards," with Teresa saying she's not materialistic, and then wishing for "freedom." Oh, Teresa, you're about three years or a halfway house away from freedom. Let's hope.

• Love 9

I thought this was a boring ep, too. Even aside from the fact we had to see Rich (sigh), I just didn't care about anything. The dumb new restaurant, the 'meeting' between Nicole and Amber (but wow, no alcohol. Cappuccinos, biscotti and croissants, a HW first?! lol) , so Rosie is actually seeing that woman from her awkward night out? Hope that it's real and the relationship is a good one. 

Awkward moment with Tre giving Gia that huge ass ring, and Gia seemingly thinking "you dolt....on tv?"

Edited by diorella78
  • Love 4

Well, one thing I will say: despite the (second season?) "scandal" about homophobia, it seems that everyone genuinely loves and supports Rosie, and wants her happiness.

That's the only decent thing I got.

Those twins are the biggest dolts I have seen.  I'm not an Amber fan, but really, Amber was blindsided by the level of anger at her... Idiots, both of them.  And that "I'm different at work, I don't speak in my cutesy voice" !?!?!?!?!  You mean, you KNOW that voice is something you put on, and you still do it?  You sound like an idiot.  Where I am, women who are articulate and grown up are valued -- not women who pretend to be helpless little girls.

What's with the twin who has the beef (I can't tell them apart) with Amber saying "All the girls tell me you have been talking terribly about me?", when it was just the one thing?  I don't get it.  Amber is painful, but the twin is worse.  Way worse.

And what's with the stilettos everywhere?  Who can walk on those?

Plus, what's with the twin + Rino not seeming to care if Giovanni even graduates from High School, let alone not going to college?  It's hard for me to grasp that.  I get not every kid should go to college, but if they think he is on-the-ball enough to run a restaurant at 18, don't they think he would be able to do it even better if he went to school?  I guess Rino thinks he didn't need it (and maybe he didn't, because he seems to be a successful restauranteur even if he is a complete boor).

I think I am might be out...

Edited by Blueeyedgirl
  • Love 2

Amber and Jim could start a school for douchebaggery. First class - speaking in a condescending manner.

Gia really is the smartest person is that house. Her scene with Joe was sweet. Even when I know Bravo is trying to manipulate me, I still fall for it!

• Love 6

It's hard to have any interest in these new girls. So the episode was pretty boring. The best part was Teresa and Dina acting like tweens making "vision boards," with Teresa saying she's not materialistic, and then wishing for "freedom." Oh, Teresa, you're about three years or a halfway house away from freedom. Let's hope.

Well if Janis is right in that "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose" then Tre's close to making her wish come true.....

• Love 10

And what's with the stilettos everywhere?  Who can walk on those?

Thank You!  I am a New Englander and when I see these women running around in the ice and snow in high heels I keep waiting for them to slip and fall.   Yes I know high heels are more fashionable than "sensible winter shoes"  but how fashionable will people think you are when you end up falling on your ass.

• Love 4

Don't even care to name the twin, but her voice is like nails on a chalkboard.  Ugh. 

Ambah.  LOL  I love this!

"Alright driver, if you don't let me out soon, I'm gonna start farting."  Wonder if Juicy can use that line in the pen. I'm using it the next time I'm in the car with my sister in law.

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 8

That commercial looked like crap.  Amber the point of a commercial is to sell something, not just to have you,  your kids and whomever be able to act and have a good time together.

Giovanni just doesn't want to go to school.  They've not shown anything where he's so anxious to get into the restaurant business.  It's more like oh, you don't have plans,well you'll be working in our business.  I think they said Teresa (the twin) would be running the new restaurant.  Maybe they've been planning a new restaurant and eventually (they're hoping) Giovanni or one of the younger members for their family will take over running it.  I thought someone said it was for Giovanni and his cousins - younger members of the family to continue the businesses.

I think even Teresa (Guidice) knows that no vision board is going to help her and Joe.   And Gia didn't want a party.  Could be she does not want the attention given the recent events, or two, the bills are piling up and the funds are just not there (not for the extravagannnnza it normally would be).  Teresa is now ready to downsize - does that mean she would actually live in a "used" house?  I get so tired of everyone acting like those two got some horrible disease or were set up by someone.  They are in trouble due to their own actions.  No one is out to get them.  It is merely because they broke the law, many laws.

When Amber apologized she said in her TH that she was feeling iced out or something to that effect with some of the girls.  Amber knows that is not a good thing - less people you're friendly with on the show, less scenes you're filming.  I didn't see the heartfelt apology the twin saw.

Freaking wings on a garbage truck?  Yeah Red Bull, maxi pads, tons have used that.........so that would mean my garbage would fly?  I don't want flying garbage. Come up with a snappy logo, paint it on the truck and call it a day.

Oh, and less Jim - but he's still a douchebag.

• Love 6

I don't think they are talking so much about garbage as they are about "sensitive" document destroying. I have a friend who works for a company that does that, it's called Iron Mountain, and they operate at least along the east coast. My friend has worked in both their PA and MA offices, and they're huge. It's gonna take the Gorgas more than one silly truck to break into that industry. He'd need a fleet. Melissa's wings idea was stupid. Does she want to be sued by Red Bull? Or any maxipad company?

I didn't really pay much attention to the rest of this episode.

I wish Kathy would stop trying to make her cannolis happen.

That's exactly what I thought to myself!!! Last week she comes to the party with her big tray of cannolis and this week again she's schlepping them around. Both times the twins rave about how good they are. So phony. Why the hell would you bring cannolis to a restaurant with a dessert menu? Oh, wait - because Bravo agreed to let Kathy hawk them as part of her contract.

So I see Joe and Melissa were once again fulfilling their obligation to give the Bentley dealer publicity in exchange for a cheap price on the lease. It doesn't make sense that anyone would bring their truck to a Bentley dealer to have it customized and/or painted. There are shops tat specialize in that.

Teresa: "I believe in structure and discipline but I let Milania be who she is." Know what Tre? Had you enforced structure and discipline with Milania she wouldn't be the way she is around you. Supposedly she is well behaved in school, probably because she knows her teachers won't put up with that crap.

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 9

Oh, and huzzah for Rosie and her relationship with Ellen. I hope they work out for real and it wasn't some dumb producer driven pairing. Rosie deserves some hapiness.

Rosie said on WWHL a few weeks ago that she is no longer in a relationship. I have the feeling this was a producer setup in the bar last season and they brought the woman back to give Rosie a storyline. I hope she finds a real relationship and true happiness.

• Love 3

My eyes rolled all the way to the back of my head when Dina said that Teresa had changed and matured, and was no longer the same woman who only cared about having the biggest and the best of everything.  Oh, please.  Same with Teresa saying material things don't matter to her.  Come on!  Who do they think is watching this shit?  The prosecutors?  No, it is the same people who were watching 3 (or maybe it was only 2) years ago when Teresa was paying for tens of thousands of dollars of furniture in ill-gotten cash.  The viewers who saw all of the high living and spending remember it well and don't believe for a minute that Teresa has "grown older and wiser" since then.  We know she has gotten busted and is grasping at anything she can to get leniency from somewhere, anywhere.  I like Dina, but I think Teresa asked her to say that line about knowing what's really important.

Gia is such a lovely girl, and if she really didn't want a party, I think a big part of that is because she constantly hears about how the lawyer costs are eating their family alive, so she doesn't want to add to their money problems.  All she really wants is for everyone in her family to be okay, and if she can help by foregoing a birthday celebration, she will.  Take a lesson, Teresa, because Gia is actually sincere about these things.  You are just saying lines for the camera in hopes that the right person will hear them and put a stop to all this mean court action because a beautiful family like theirs doesn't deserve to feel the stresses of justice bearing down on them. 

• Like 1
  • Love 10

Irritable, you are so right.  We have long memories.  I bet she hates that!  I'm remembering the cruise episode.  Joe will get in shape walking those stairs to his grandmother's house when he's deported.  Wah. 

They are NOT remorseful.  Just pissed off they got caught.  I get the feeling Juicy is heavily into drinking his home made wine. 

Can they just apologize?  Be remorseful?  Or are they saving it for sentencing day.  It just pisses off my non juiced mind!  I can picture it, sentencing day, hair done, tan done, designer clothes and sunglasses.  Then the "it's not fair" cover for InStyle.

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 2

Was the new and improved, non-materialistic Teresa trying to convince viewers that this ring was a hand me down? Unless Teresa was given this ring within the last 7 or so years I'd say she's lying. That style doesn't look like one from decades past.

I agree with the poster who said that the annoying Jim and Amber make it possible to actually like the Joe G families. Ugh!

• Love 4

I don't think Amber has yet grasped the concept of gossip.  I guess she got the message that she would not have a role on the show if in the first few episodes she had banished half the cast from her life.  Her family  is not interesting, her commercials are not interesting, even her apologies are boring.  For someone with an Ivy League degree does she not know what a gigolo is? 

• Love 1

I thought it was really insulting of Kathy to bring her crappy homemade cannolis to a fabulous Italian restaurant in NY (this wasn't the one in Little Italy  but it was in some part of NY, right?). Serve that crap at home but don't be insulting the pastry chef or whatever. No class.

As someone that makes a living in advertising, I had to laugh about Melissa throwing out her "ideas" about the truck. OMG, so many people do stuff like that and think they are so witty. When you do your own advertising or let your wife come up with slogans... you look like Amber's douchebag family and their low-grade annoying commercial. It looks like some public access nightmare. I can only imagine the clientele that crap snags. lol.

I understand Rino welcoming Giovanni into the family business but in this day and age, any business owner (or future restaurant owner) should have a business degree of some sort. Since they can surely afford to send him, why not get your business degree while working in the business and really learn the ins and outs of it. No 18year old needs to run a restaurant tomorrow. 

And I am definitely growing tired of the BS spin on Theresa. The sad looks, the comments about only caring about family and not the materialistic stuff is such baloney and it is very obvious. I hope the judge throws the book at both of them just because they flaunted it SO much on tv. People in this country, and very much so in the Northeast, have struggled greatly in this economic recession and here were these two, carrying on about their wealth and waving around stacks of cash and whatnot. You reap what you sow. 

• Love 6

Poor Gia. Parents are an embarrassment for all 13 year olds, but she had stupid parents who engage in criminal activity. I hope she is getting a lot of support from her classmates, friends and school. That ring didn't look like an heirloom. The style (cushion cut surrounded by diamonds) is what is in style NOW, now decades ago. THe cynical party of me thinks Tre gave her a ring so the creditors couldn't take it. 

NIcole is an idiot. Who calls someone that they are fighting with from WORK? 

Teresa (twin) was so freaking annoying with her plans for her son. Why do she and Rino need to scream rather than have a conversation? I didn't understand the new construction. Is that a restaurant they are building or is someone building on spec and they are thinking of buying it. It didn't make any sense that they didn't know ehere to put a kitchen. If you are building from the ground up, you know exactly where everything will go.

I love Rosie but I feel like Bravo exploits her orientation. It's like they have written a "will Rosie ever find happiness?" storyline.

That commercial sucked ass.

I agree with the Kathy cannolli comments. It's like she is perpetually holding a plate of them. Is she even selling them anymore? I can almost understand bringing them to someone's house, but a restaurant? THe only time I have ever brought a dessert to a restaurant is for a special occasion (birthday cakes, etc)  and the restaurant management told me specifically that it had to be store bought, because   state regulations did not allow home made food to be served in a restaurant. 

Joe Go and Melissa were driving a Porsche SUV right after their "meeting" with the luxe car dealer. For sure they are getting some kind of renumeration for the screen time they are giving the dealer. I noticed that the camera pulled out enough to get the dealership name in frame. Melissa is just an idiot, just saying. Businesses hire document destrying companies. It doesn't matter what the truck looks like. 

• Love 3

Ugh, what is going on??? I think "Namaste, bitches" is actually growing on me! Help!!!

Now, onto the show - Um, what's with all the visits to the Gorga's car dealership? Is this guy an actual friend of theirs? Is he paying them for featuring him on the show so much? Because, seriously, since when have car dealerships been in the "Pimp My Document-Shredding-Ride" business? Just weird. Although, I have to say, with the way this guy constantly razzes Melissa, they could take Amber off and give HIM a role! 

I hate to criticize it, because it was directed by a child, but that commercial for Mortgage Now was just awful! I couldn't understand anything anyone said. It was a garbled, non-sensical mess. Not only do I not think it would bring them any new business, but if I was a current client of theirs I would consider dropping them after that mess. Yikes. 

It was good seeing Rosie. I actually enjoy her in small, non-alcoholic-rage doses. She seemed really happy, almost glowing. Good for her! I never really minded Kathy either, it's Richie I can't stand. But that aside, I think it's kind of nice that they're still invited to stuff even though they're no longer officially on the show. It just demonstrates that this franchise has always been a bit more organic with their relationships - at least up until this season. 

So this is what Nicole's job consists of - walk in, make an actual business call, open the windows to let the snow in, play with a pen, get into a fight with Amber via speaker phone while other people are trying to work, then go out for a cigarette. Yea, tell us again how "serious" and different you are at work. 

Gia is kissing boys!!! God help me, I feel old. It's really interesting, though, that even though she gets a bit shy, she still seems comfortable sharing with Joe. As opposed to how she reacts to Tre - "Gah, mom! Stop! Leave me alone!" I can't speak for every female, but I would have much rather had conversations like that with my mother. It just goes to show how different their relationships are. Tre mentioned how the thing she missed most from Gia's childhood was dressing her up, and I truly think that's how she saw her - like a doll. Something she could play with. And now that she can't do that any more, she seems to want to be more of her peer and comes at her in that nosy, squealing, gossipy way. Whereas Joe just sits down like a parent and has a calm, casual conversation with her. He gives off the vibe that he cares, and he has hopes for her, but she doesn't have to be afraid to be real with him. So yea, count me in with the posters who would rather see Tre go to jail and Joe raise the kids. 

Was Jim waiting in the car for Amber while she met with Melissa, or do my eyes deceive me? What a putz. And I fully believe Amber made good with Melissa because she felt alienated and that wasn't any way to fulfill her "dream" of being the star of this show. 

• Love 5

I bet every time anyone in Jersey has a dinner party, really whether catered/preppedbyhosts/potluck, if the Wakiles are invited, the party planner for said party says, "Well, ya know Kathy's is gonna bring those GOTDAMN cannolis......"

Hahahaha, laughing right now. I went to see what the name of Kathy's thread is and she doesn't have one. Hee-was gonna suggest Kathy I Don't get No Respect but Please Buy My Cannolis.

• Love 7

The ring Tre gave Gia looked way too mature for a young girl and I want to call BS on the whole heirloom thing...if she gave it to Gia so the feds would not get it, think again, they will take it and anything else they want till the debt is satisfied.

Jim's commercial...yikes, but it is on par with local business spots in my neck of the woods, there are a few car dealerships I could not bear to buy a car from because of the cheesiness of their commercials.

I did love the Amber at work scene, it reminded me of the way Vicki claims to work so hard. 

Why would Joe and Melissa take their commercial truck to a Bentley Dealership for a paint job? Anyone?

For a man who claims to be so professional that he doesn't want to hang out with Theresa and co. because of their legal troubles and THAT piece of shit commercial is how he chooses to advertize his business? Come on. Nobody could take that mess seriously. Does anyone from Jersey know if that's their legit commercial? I bet it isn't, especially if Jim has any business partners.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Man, this was a huge "BITCH  Please" moment for me. STFU, no one is buying that bullshit Tre.

• Love 3

Poor Gia. Parents are an embarrassment for all 13 year olds, but she had stupid parents who engage in criminal activity. I hope she is getting a lot of support from her classmates, friends and school. That ring didn't look like an heirloom. The style (cushion cut surrounded by diamonds) is what is in style NOW, now decades ago. THe cynical party of me thinks Tre gave her a ring so the creditors couldn't take it. 

It looked like a David Yurman ring.

Gia as a baby/young child looked exactly like Audriana.

• Love 4