Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: The Family Business

• Start Topic

I love Joe Gorga thinking he's going to get a contract destroying "sensitive government documents" with convicted felons for a sister and brother-in-law.  And yes, that field is full - Iron Mountain is huge, and we have both them and Recall here on the West Coast.

• Love 4

Yeah Kathy "Gretchen Weiners" Wakile needs to give the effing cannoli a rest. 

I'm actually a little bummed to hear that Rosie and her girlfriend didn't last. I thought they were cute together!  They made it sound like they had been dating for a year or so, so I assume it was a real relationship.  But, on the other hand, Bravo.

Speaking of relationships, I'm actually curious to know if Nicole and Bobby are still together.  He seemed so "not into her" but, then again, ya never know.

• Love 1

I tried to watch this show tonight but it was so boring! I think I'm out of this one.

Ditto. Last year I made it about half way through the season. Last night I also made it about half way and decided I am out again. I do actually like Dina, but her blind loyalty to the criminals is just too much and, even aside from that, I still find the rest of the cast so reprehensible I changed over to ID. If I am going to watch criminals I would prefer that they are recognized as such, caught and punished. Not treated as if some great tragedy has befallen them.

I came back to BRAVO to watch Game of Crowns, but first had to suffer through foul mouthed, sleazy Kim for a  1/2 hour first. During that I saw a preview for next weeks RHONJ. 

Victoria Gotti? Really? Because they just haven't covered enough sleazy, insulting New Jersey sterotypes?

I have never set foot in the State of New Jersey and I am insulted. This show is just a really bad parody.   

Edited by chlban
  • Love 4

The ring Tre gave Gia looked way too mature for a young girl and I want to call BS on the whole heirloom thing...if she gave it to Gia so the feds would not get it, think again, they will take it and anything else they want till the debt is satisfied.

Jim's commercial...yikes, but it is on par with local business spots in my neck of the woods, there are a few car dealerships I could not bear to buy a car from because of the cheesiness of their commercials.

I did love the Amber at work scene, it reminded me of the way Vicki claims to work so hard. 

Why would Joe and Melissa take their commercial truck to a Bentley Dealership for a paint job? Anyone?

Or was it Nicole at work, like there is a huge difference!

I don't think the Gorga's are at a Bentley dealership.  I think that place is a Pimp my Ride kind of,  after market place.  Maybe they are an authorized Bentely repair shop, but I don't think its a full fledged Bentely dealership.  I have nothing to back this up with....just my impression.

• Love 2
NIcole is an idiot. Who calls someone that they are fighting with from WORK?

And why was she acting like she holds some important bigwig job? She's in an open-layout environment, not her own office, and her peers are casually dressed. Seems kind of like your average call center.

For a man who claims to be so professional that he doesn't want to hang out with Theresa and co. because of their legal troubles and THAT piece of shit commercial is how he chooses to advertize his business? Come on. Nobody could take that mess seriously. Does anyone from Jersey know if that's their legit commercial? I bet it isn't, especially if Jim has any business partners.

I haven't seen this one yet, but I have seen the original hair-flippin' one. We also have a car dealer who decided that the best slogan ever is "where buying is fun...an' EASY!" complete with weird, hands-to-the-heavens gesture and vague stereotypical "goomba" accent. I forgot that I'd have to deal with him when I moved back to this area; he's been saying that shit for years. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1
Was Jim waiting in the car for Amber while she met with Melissa, or do my eyes deceive me? What a putz. And I fully believe Amber made good with Melissa because she felt alienated and that wasn't any way to fulfill her "dream" of being the star of this show.

Yes, yes he was. I saw him too. Maybe they were on the way somewhere else after 'filming' or maybe he's just that douchy/controlling/annoying.

• Love 3

I don't think the Gorga's are at a Bentley dealership.  I think that place is a Pimp my Ride kind of,  after market place.  Maybe they are an authorized Bentely repair shop, but I don't think its a full fledged Bentely dealership.  I have nothing to back this up with....just my impression.

I pass by this "Bentley" dealership on my way home from work everyday. It is a very small place on a major highway that is surrounded by gas stations, cheap motels, and truck stops...sounds about right for Melissa & Joe.

• Love 6

I also thought the episode was really boring.

NIcole is an idiot. Who calls someone that they are fighting with from WORK?

That whole scene was just so bizarre. She couldn't take a 10-minute coffee break to call Amber from her car? Nicole thinks it's appropriate to have a personal conversation (that quickly escalated into a screaming match) in a cubicle bullpen?

• Love 1

Melissa is going to have an edge in sales, because the guys are going to be drooling over her? I hate to burst Joe Go's bubble, but a lot of people in sales are physically attractive (men and women) and actually very knowledgeable about their product (imagine that). I have a friend in sales and not only is she naturally very charismatic, but has an engineering degree from a top ten engineering school. Does Joe Go ever realize that his wife is worth more than her physical appearance? From what people tell me about her book, I guess not.

Did anyone hear Nicole say that after her divorce she now has to earn money like a man? I hope I misheard this, as I was half asleep while watching this show. If she did say this....does she not know nowadays many women also earn money? She was so over her job (jet broker?) and you could tell she thought she was going to be a big star because of the show, so she no longer needs to earn money "like a man".

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 5

I also thought the episode was really boring.

That whole scene was just so bizarre. She couldn't take a 10-minute coffee break to call Amber from her car? Nicole thinks it's appropriate to have a personal conversation (that quickly escalated into a screaming match) in a cubicle bullpen?

Even better was that she had this conversation not just while at work, but on a speaker phone. That is over the top, even for this show.

• Love 6

I love Joe Gorga thinking he's going to get a contract destroying "sensitive government documents" with convicted felons for a sister and brother-in-law.  And yes, that field is full - Iron Mountain is huge, and we have both them and Recall here on the West Coast.

I think their big business will be in destroying documents for others that the government wants.  Somehow I doubt Melissa will be doing cold calls recruiting business.

• Love 5

I hope the garbage business Joe is trying to horn in on runs him out of town. lol. They don't need him and his big blue truck.I've always heard that is a pretty closed sort of industry... if you know what I mean (and I think you do ;) ) And btw, last week when I left work, one of those trucks was here. I laughed and laughed bc it did not belong to Joe. And if I remember correctly, it had no wings. 

I also laughed when Twin1 talked about her "man-type salary" at her silly job where she sits in an open room with 6 other people. So prestigious. What job did she move up from? lol.
God, these people are not helping our Jersey stereotype at all. Please believe us Women-Folk do have jobs here in Jersey... and we don't all wear stilettos and steal from the government.

Edited by ArtTypeGirl
  • Love 6

I'm a Jersey girl...and I live close to Amber and boobie twins...in a regular neighborhood and I don't own stillettos....

I've seen advertisements for Jimmy the Weasel on those little newspaper things that they throw on your driveway...and I run over because I hate them. 

I am almost positive I've seen that hair flipping commerical because I always take note of those stupid amateur commercials. I always wonder what people are thinking when they actually pay to air them.  Don't they know they are silly?  Or is that how it's supposed to look? 

I missed most of the epiosde. I fell asleep with my baby.  I did see Amber making cookies with her kids and making $ signs. Really? You are making cookies with your children talking about their mortgage company? Nice mommy memories.  Either you are nuts and have shitty parenting skills are you are are delusional and think this will help Jim's business? It came off as really bizzare. 

I do agree. Jimmy the Weasel really has increased my like of the Gorga-Giudice clan.  They are dopes and sometimes obnoxious but somehow there is something loveable under all that foolishness. (minus the criminal behavior, that's not OK)

I don't feel that way about Amber or Jim.  I just don't like them. I would avoid sitting next to Jim at a wedding! He is the guy you try to avoid because he is such an ass and full of himself. 

Don't Bravo execs run a trial on average people before they cast people?  If you showed a demo tape or that first episode to the average person, Amber and Jim are not going to be liked at all.  Why did Bravo cast them?  They have zero charisma. They can't bring anything to the show but turning off viewers.   

I'm lost that Bravo cast these two. 

Edit to add:

Agreeing with Art Girl who posted ahead of me.  It was a brutal Jersey winter and we were all wearing boots.  FLAT boots. With good tread on them.  Stilettos?  Yeah, uh, no. Not so much.  

And I have a heavy NY/NJ like many people here and we are decent people who are educated, not a pack of criminals or bimbos.

I think the rest of the USA knows that this show is just a joke and real people don't live like the RHoNJ. I even live close to these people and I have never met anyone like them.  They must pump up the crazy for the cameras or who knows what.  

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 5

I've rarely, in my 40+ years in North Jersey (about 10 minutes from Giudice territory), heard anyone with that kind of accent. As far as stilettos, I'm not a fan, but I know plenty of non-bimbos who wear them frequently (though hopefully not in the nasty winter conditions we had--though I have an idiot coworker who wears ballet flats in any kind of weather because she's an idiot).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2

So that twin basically takes reservations for private jets? That's her big job that she's "really good at"? What is there to be good at? Entering information into a computer? Not that there's anything wrong at all with a job like that, but the way she was acting about it was so OTT.

• Love 2

This episode was more boring than the last, and the one before that, which is really saying something. It is depressing to see where this show has gone. I don't like anyone, but even bigger for me is that I also don't really hate anyone - I just don't have two or six shits to give because they are all boring and awful. I cannot take any of them seriously enough to even detest.

With the big revamp, the main problem is that we had no continuity with the cast. No one who had any ties to all of the history about the Giudice fraud and story except for The Gorga's. We could have had a little with Rich, Kathy, and Rosie, but clearly the narrative is that we are supposed to feel sorry for Teresa and Juicy. The most unreal deal so far is that you have had all these folks at a couple of functions together, and yet with all their history, there is no interaction. Where was Teresa's snarky TH about Kathy bringing her cannoli's to the restaurant? What about Kathy's eye-roll about Teresa doing a dessert book, after snarking on such an opportunity when Kathy was talking about it? Why didn't we see any reaction from Teresa about Rosie and her relationship? We hear from one of the twins, but not a peep from Teresa? It is so unreal that it drives me nuts. Outside of their relationship and history with Teresa, why are these people even in the room? Unless they intend to use Jaq in a different manner, the result will be just as strange and unreal.

• Love 3

Did anyone hear Nicole say that after her divorce she now has to earn money like a man? I hope I misheard this, as I was half asleep while watching this show. If she did say this....does she not know nowadays many women also earn money? She was so over her job (jet broker?) and you could tell she thought she was going to be a big star because of the show, so she no longer needs to earn money "like a man".

Unfortunately I heard that too.  Here I am at work earning money like a woman with a job, y'know, like we do.  What a crazy gal I am to think that working is something women do!  Next thing you know I'll drive a car, own property and make my own decisions.  Oh wait, I do all of these things.  I must be an aberration.  

A clue for Nicole – your cutesy voice and your work voice are both incredibly irritating and not that different.  A combination of crying baby and nails on a chalkboard is not sexy.  Her co-workers may be good for some eye rolls.  I assume Bobby is with her for his chance at famewhoredom.  I also assume he's hard of hearing. Otherwise he would need earplugs to be around her.  

Thanks for the cannoli Kathy.  I was waiting for one of these dolts to make a “racy” comment when Kathy said,”Rosie loves cannoli”.  Maybe it was cut for the sake of our ears or maybe they care so little about these idiots that Kathy really did get the absolute minimum she was offered.  Okay, the Wakilies exist – move on!

I think Joe Go and Melissa keep claiming they are in the garbage business because they are stupid enough to want to imply they are mobbed up a la The Sopranos.  Document shredding and garbage collection are very different.  Smart choice when your sister and her husband are under federal indictment – try to make the family look sleazier.

• Love 8

Unfortunately I heard that too.  Here I am at work earning money like a woman with a job, y'know, like we do.  What a crazy gal I am to think that working is something women do!  Next thing you know I'll drive a car, own property and make my own decisions.  Oh wait, I do all of these things.  I must be an aberration.

There's a rumor floating around that we gals may be able to vote soon too!  Amazing times we live in.

You just know that Nicole (hell, probably ALL of the New Jersey cast) were part of that "I'm not a feminist because...." movement floating around Facebook and other social media. 

• Love 3

This season is sooooo boring.  Amber brings nothing.  The twins, almost nothing.  The only thing of interest to me was trying to figure out where that dessert restaurant was in Red Bank (at least, that's where Nicole said she was going to be).  Anybody know?

I guess Emporio Motors is getting a lot of airtime because they're probably providing the cars to the Gorgas' for free.  And they're probably used. 

http://www.emporiomotorgroup.com/

They also probably have a body shop or associated with one that does custom work and that's why Joey had the meeting to paint the truck.  Plus they get airtime for comping the cars.

I love cannollis and have no problem with Kathy bringing them with her wherever she goes.  I'm sure she's told to this by production or asked by the hosts.  Kathy has become Switzerland and isn't going to cross any boundries.

Enough with the Giudice pity party.  I loved in the extremely boring scene at Dina's that Tre cut out the word 'freedom'.  Yeah, well good luck with that Tre.  And please stop filming these scenes with Gia. 

I would think the number of students at Colts Neck High who aren't planning to go to college that live in Colts Neck (it's a regional school) is very low.  Just like the two Manzos' in their high school.  Maybe it's a restaurant business thing.  I don't get it.

The people in Colts Neck must be shaking their heads seeing these three families.  They're not the norm or at least the people I know and have seen.

Bravo made another big mistake with cast shakeups.  Too many changes at one time doesn't work well.  The show was about the family interactions between the Manzos, etc. and the Guidices', etc. and they basically shut it down instead of eazing into a new dynamic.  And Dina doesn't work (well, I never liked her anyway) in this new dynamic because she's not interacting with Caroline, Jac, etc. and is totally out of place.Maybe if these new families had something more to offer (like entertaining personalities or interesting lives), it may have worked.  It's turned into a yawn fest, except for when I'm trying to figure out where they are in the outside locations.  

• Love 4

This season is sooooo boring.  Amber brings nothing.  The twins, almost nothing.  The only thing of interest to me was trying to figure out where that dessert restaurant was in Red Bank (at least, that's where Nicole said she was going to be).  Anybody know?

I guess Emporio Motors is getting a lot of airtime because they're probably providing the cars to the Gorgas' for free.  And they're probably used. 

http://www.emporiomotorgroup.com/

They also probably have a body shop or associated with one that does custom work and that's why Joey had the meeting to paint the truck.  Plus they get airtime for comping the cars.

I love cannollis and have no problem with Kathy bringing them with her wherever she goes.  I'm sure she's told to this by production or asked by the hosts.  Kathy has become Switzerland and isn't going to cross any boundries.

Enough with the Giudice pity party.  I loved in the extremely boring scene at Dina's that Tre cut out the word 'freedom'.  Yeah, well good luck with that Tre.  And please stop filming these scenes with Gia. 

I would think the number of students at Colts Neck High who aren't planning to go to college that live in Colts Neck (it's a regional school) is very low.  Just like the two Manzos' in their high school.  Maybe it's a restaurant business thing.  I don't get it.

The people in Colts Neck must be shaking their heads seeing these three families.  They're not the norm or at least the people I know and have seen.

Bravo made another big mistake with cast shakeups.  Too many changes at one time doesn't work well.  The show was about the family interactions between the Manzos, etc. and the Guidices', etc. and they basically shut it down instead of eazing into a new dynamic.  And Dina doesn't work (well, I never liked her anyway) in this new dynamic because she's not interacting with Caroline, Jac, etc. and is totally out of place.Maybe if these new families had something more to offer (like entertaining personalities or interesting lives), it may have worked.  It's turned into a yawn fest, except for when I'm trying to figure out where they are in the outside locations.  

The Aprea kid is attending Brookdale in the fall. http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey/season-6/blogs/teresa-aprea/teresa-apologizes-to-the-marcheses?page=0,1

This season is sooooo boring.

Amen.  I just don't care unless the Juicy family is in the scene.  I have the tv on but I really don't watch otherwise.  I'm about to call it a day on this show (which would be a first for me, as I still watch the painfully miserable RHOM). 

• Love 1

Thanks!  So he's going to the local community college which about 10 minutes from his house.  Brookdale is a good school (it has a good communiversity program for students looking to lower their cost of college).  I don't have anything against it but it's not where kids go when their parents have 'money'.  There's usually other reasons.....  

It's known in the area as UCLA among high shool students:  University Closest to the Lincroft Acme.

• Love 1

I thought this was a boring ep, too. Even aside from the fact we had to see Rich (sigh), I just didn't care about anything. The dumb new restaurant, the 'meeting' between Nicole and Amber (but wow, no alcohol. Cappuccinos, biscotti and croissants, a HW first?! lol) , so Rosie is actually seeing that woman from her awkward night out? Hope that it's real and the relationship is a good one. 

Awkward moment with Tre giving Gia that huge ass ring, and Gia seemingly thinking "you dolt....on tv?"

When I read this I my first thought was "What Teresa let Gia get an ass ring!" (like a belly button ring, but for your ass) Not that I have ever heard of an "ass ring", but I wouldn't put anything past this group of housewives.  I haven't seen the episode yet. I am sorta hoping it will be an "ass ring" just to show the craziness of this show. 

• Love 2

I don't think the Gorga's are at a Bentley dealership.  I think that place is a Pimp my Ride kind of,  after market place.  Maybe they are an authorized Bentely repair shop, but I don't think its a full fledged Bentely dealership.  I have nothing to back this up with....just my impression.

It was definitely a dealership. When Joe and Mel walked in they were admiring the cars in the showroom. I think the Gorgas and Bravo made a deal to lease the Gorgas high end cars on the cheap to dazzle the audience with their supposed wealth. Too bad we already know they're ass deep in debt and lawsuits, ha ha!

Thanks for the cannoli Kathy.  I was waiting for one of these dolts to make a “racy” comment when Kathy said,”Rosie loves cannoli”.

You just know Richie was biting his tongue hard not to say exactly that.

• Love 4

I sort of had a different take on the ring that Teresa gave to Gia.  My mom did the same for me - I was the oldest girl, and she gave me some heirloom jewelry, however I was much older than Gia.  So, my first thought was that Gia is too young for a gift like that,but then I wondered if the reason Teresa gave it to her is because Teresa is finally realizing she may be "going away". 

Apparently the focus of the season is going to be on the One Twin-Amber fight, which I am already over. Not a good idea to have the main focus of the first few episodes be a fight between characters that the audience is not even remotely vested in yet.

I tuned in late so I missed the Cheesy Marchese commercial.

• Love 2

I agree with previous posters that this season is boring. The twins bring nothing to the show. Joe and Melissa-whatev.  What did Melissa do to her face? Biggest complaint is Amber and Jimbo. They are totally turning me off RHNJ. They are such phonies. What is the deal with Jim that he pulls in the people he talks with and whispers in their ear, ala The Soprano's?  He is a fraud and an informant. How does Bravo find these people?

http://absurdtosublime.net/2014/08/04/jim-marchese-involved-in-murder-mystery/

http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2014/06/10/rhonj-tea-amber-jim-marchese-accused-of-mortgage-fraud/

• Love 3

For any local Jersey folk, I read that they filmed in the Colt's Neck Inn, which I pass often.  Anyway, that place looks dead or out of business. 

Don't know where they filmed the Amber-Nicole lunch scene in Red Bank.  I don't recognize anything. 

The longer this season drags on, the more I think Melissa was told "bring up the Amber homewrecker comment to Nicole"  in order to get the ball rolling. It has a total set up feel. At least try to be less obvious. Entertain us! Like that black crap that came off Joe's head when he and Juicy were fighting! Make me forget my problems! We all laughed and laughed and laughed on the forums and in real life! 

This season is so dull.  Caroline's migraine's are more exciting!

• Love 2

From the Amber thread

Anne Zander ‏ @ChegeGirl  Aug 15
@JLMarchese111 @Bobby247 Jim I want to like you. Please help me understand why you joined the show if you did not want to be around Joe G?

James Marchese  ‏@JLMarchese111
@ChegeGirl I only wanted to shoot with my family and Bobby. That was it. Did not want any part of rest of show.  This was Amber's dream.

Interesting. Did JIm, the attorney, not read his contract before signing?  He is a bigger dumb ass than I thought if he thought he was only going to film with his family and Bobby.  

• Love 5

When I read this I my first thought was "What Teresa let Gia get an ass ring!" (like a belly button ring, but for your ass)

Hee. Well, Teresa did hold up Juicy's cockring on camera, so...

What was with Dina's bitchface during the dinner?

Nicole at least manages to entertain me somewhat, which is all I ask of a HW.

I guess Milania will have to wait until she's in juvie before she gets that butt popped.

Kathy may be a nonentity, but she will always and forever have the best hair in the house.

• Love 3
Interesting. Did JIm, the attorney, not read his contract before signing? He is a bigger dumb ass than I thought if he thought he was only going to film with his family and Bobby.

Yet practically every scene with his family, they are pimping his shady mortgage company.  Yes, I am sure when the show was filming that embarrassing commercial it was about Amber's amazing acting and not you (rolls eyes).  As some posters up thread mentioned, even when they are baking cookies they are talking about dollar signs (literally) and trying to relate it back to his company.

Also, he alludes to never having watched the show, however, it seems to have been the "dream" for his wife and best friend.  What a wonderful husband and friend he is that he goes on a show that he knows nothing about (this includes doing talking heads) just to be supportive.  Jimmy is quite the selfless guy.

• Love 4

So....from what little I have seen of this season it would seem the idiots in charge are attempting to push an image of felon-Teresa as a soft and vulnerable, non-materialistic, hearth and home lovin' woman who just can't take all the pressure her current inexplicable legal issues are imposing on her. Right. Is she really stupid enough to believe everyone would automatically forget about in-your-face-table-flippin-extavagant-spending-crass-vulgar-bimbo who totally blew off any concern at all for bankruptcy issues or all the people she and jailhousejoe screwed out of money. Unfvckinbelievable.

I find the newbies to be a total turn off and I never could stomach Dina, so that leaves team Gorga, and even tho li'l Joey can be a hoot at times, they just don't have the chops to carry a whole show. I'd like to see Kathy & the kids (minus slimy Richie) and Rosie and even a bit of Don Caroline from time to time, but as it stands, I'll be checking in this board for recaps and updates - the show just doesn't have any entertainment value.

ETA: Almost forgot - SO sick of the sickening scenes of Tre pretending to be a caring mommy! I feel badly for Gia, who is old enough and appears smart enough to realize she is being used, and every time I see that little hellion Milania, I just want to smack her - and I've NEVER smacked a kid.

Edited by becauseIsaidso
  • Love 2

Thanks!  So he's going to the local community college which about 10 minutes from his house.  Brookdale is a good school (it has a good communiversity program for students looking to lower their cost of college).  I don't have anything against it but it's not where kids go when their parents have 'money'.  There's usually other reasons.....  

It's known in the area as UCLA among high shool students:  University Closest to the Lincroft Acme.

You know how parents with money keep their money? By sending their kids to Community College for 2 years. It's the smart choice and believe me, people who have money are choosing that route.

• Love 14
For any local Jersey folk, I read that they filmed in the Colt's Neck Inn, which I pass often.  Anyway, that place looks dead or out of business.

That's a real blast from my past as I spent my summers in Colts Neck with my cousins whose parents owned the "General Store" - unrecognizable to me now as we literally walked down New Street and swam in the brook and the next door neighbor (a few houses down from the Inn) didn't have indoor plumbing but still used an outhouse. 

I don't have issues with that kid being schooled for the restaurant - or as it appears some kind of community college. He hardly seemed like Mensa material - nor does his family strike me as intellectually curious. Far better that his parents are preparing him to work in the business rather than sending him off to party for four years at some mediocre college. Hopefully, he doesn't go the way of the Manzo spawn and start feeding perpetually on the teat of reality television.

I don't know where the show is going as there doesn't seem to be any bit of ironic editing with Teresa and her new role as someone who has decided that material goods aren't as important as the love of family - cough cough. Is the show now expecting us to take this at face value?

Not particularly interested in the Rino Restaurant Empire and have no idea why someone would open up restaurants located in Little Italy, Bay Ridge Brooklyn and New Jersey - that's a LOT of geographical territory to deal with and seems incredibly inefficient. But at least there is something they are pushing as I am not their fans but the restaurants are well represented in the story. 

Not so much the cannolis - as several people have commented, who the hell brings a dessert as a hostess gift to a restaurant?

You know how parents with money keep their money? By sending their kids to Community College for 2 years. It's the smart choice and believe me, people who have money are choosing that route.

Money is relative.  What one person thinks as having 'money' is very different from another's idea of having money, especially in different demographic areas.  My response was to do with a specific community college in a specific area, not every community college in every area.

• Love 1

For any local Jersey folk, I read that they filmed in the Colt's Neck Inn, which I pass often.  Anyway, that place looks dead or out of business. 

Don't know where they filmed the Amber-Nicole lunch scene in Red Bank.  I don't recognize anything. 

The Colts Neck Inn restaurant is actually very busy on Friday and Saturday nights, when we've been there, which is quite a bit.  (Usually not during the summer, as we prefer to go to places closer to/on the water during the summer).  The food is good -- typical suburban steakhouse fare - nothing fancy, but consistently good menu options.  They have entertainment (local bands, DJ's, etc.) on Thursdays through Saturdays, and Saturday nights, the crowed is definitely more mature (over 40).  The Inn itself is does book rooms, I think more for wedding guests, as they do very nice weddings there, as well. 

Oh - and, it was closed for several months last year, due to a dispute over the liquor license, or something...

When I heard the new housewives were from the area, I mentioned it to my husband, and we both agreed that the Colts Neck Inn was definitely not the typical kind of place for them to film--it just doesn't seem upscale and trendy enough.  I really figured they would film more in Red Bank - at Char Steakhouse or Red, both of which draw the type of crowd suited for the housewives.

I also did not recognize the dessert place where Amber and Nicole had their "meeting" (I knew it definitely was NOT in Red Bank), so I googled it, and found out that is actually in Ramsey, NJ!!!  Pretty far for both of them to travel to have a sit-down!!  Here is their FB page:  https://www.facebook.com/LarteNJ/timeline.

My thinking is that they did this on their way to filming of another event, as Ramsey is closer to where Dina, Theresa G. and Melissa live.

There are more kids from families with "money" that attend BCC than you might think....

Plus, I think that Brookdale has a pretty good culinary program, so it probably will work for Giovanni. 

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 2

That's a real blast from my past as I spent my summers in Colts Neck with my cousins whose parents owned the "General Store" - unrecognizable to me now as we literally walked down New Street and swam in the brook and the next door neighbor (a few houses down from the Inn) didn't have indoor plumbing but still used an outhouse. 

I don't have issues with that kid being schooled for the restaurant - or as it appears some kind of community college. He hardly seemed like Mensa material - nor does his family strike me as intellectually curious. Far better that his parents are preparing him to work in the business rather than sending him off to party for four years at some mediocre college. Hopefully, he doesn't go the way of the Manzo spawn and start feeding perpetually on the teat of reality television.

I don't know where the show is going as there doesn't seem to be any bit of ironic editing with Teresa and her new role as someone who has decided that material goods aren't as important as the love of family - cough cough. Is the show now expecting us to take this at face value?

Not particularly interested in the Rino Restaurant Empire and have no idea why someone would open up restaurants located in Little Italy, Bay Ridge Brooklyn and New Jersey - that's a LOT of geographical territory to deal with and seems incredibly inefficient. But at least there is something they are pushing as I am not their fans but the restaurants are well represented in the story. 

Not so much the cannolis - as several people have commented, who the hell brings a dessert as a hostess gift to a restaurant?

I agree that geographically, opening another restaurant in the Colts Neck area seems kind of stupid, I think it could be successful, depending on its location here.  In the last 10-15 years, a lot of people from NY (specifically Brooklyn and Staten Island) have chosen to move to this area.  If they had eaten at Ponte Vecchio before, and enjoyed it, opening something similar here makes good business sense (considering that I think that Rino and the twins are both originally from Brooklyn themselves).

• Love 2

I will always love a UCLA dig...so here's my high five to you!  Although, I have no idea what you are talking about. Haha.

Fight on!  Carry on ;) 

Ambuh needs a trim.  She needs to trim that wussy wannabee husband of hers.  Go after that dude that Dina had a date with.  Who would date that hot mess.  Guys like to wake up to.... not reading of their horoscope. 

Does anyone else think of that Friend's episode  "smelly cat, smelly cat", when Dina's hairless cats are shown?

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 3

Anxiously awaiting the scenes edited in after Bravo decided the ratings sucked and did additional filming. It looks to be winter during the initial taping, how are they going to splice in scenes that were filmed in the summer? 

I think that they are already integrated in.  If you notice, some of the scenes - like Rino and his son going to the restuarant in Little Italy, there is no snow on the ground, and background people are not wearing winter coats.  Also, when Giovanni was driving in the city with Teresa (last night's episode), and I've noticed in a few other scenes, too. 

Drives me crazy when production messes around with the timeline like that, and thinks we won't notice!!

• Love 3

There are more kids from families with "money" that attend BCC than you might think....

I didn't say that there weren't kids with money (and money is relative) attending BCC.  I did say that there were other reasons why.  And, in my experience, it's not about saving money. 

• Love 3

I didn't say that there weren't kids with money (and money is relative) attending BCC.  I did say that there were other reasons why.  And, in my experience, it's not about saving money. 

I agree with you, completely!