Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: Snatch Game

• Start Topic

(edited)

That honestly was ONE of the BEST snatch games not only because 90% of them HIT… that Mike Tyson was hilarious … but Trinity and especially Jinkxx KILLED that challenge slayed it dead … just a little taste of ONE of Jinkxx’s impersonations with a little help from Trinity’s Leslie Jordan at the end 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

That honestly was ONE of the BEST snatch games not only because 90% of them HIT… that Mike Tyson was hilarious … but Trinity and especially Jinkxx KILLED that challenge slayed it dead … just a little taste of ONE of Jinkxx’s impersonations with a little help from Trinity’s Leslie Jordan at the end 

Incredible! And Trinity-as-Leslie's little quip at the end... hit on so many levels! 

• Love 9
(edited)

The best Snatch Game thus far! I had to watch it twice because I was laughing so hard. These queens understood the assignment: Make. Ru. Laugh. Making Ross and Michelle laugh as well is a bonus!

Jinx Monsoon is the Queen of Snatch Game.  Judy Garland was hilarious and that deep cut from her first season... chef's kiss!

Jaida's Prince was funny to me.  Evie's Boogieman was smexy! I think Monet should have gone with the character's name of Shaneyney instead of Martin Lawrence.  Trinity did steal what was left of the show with Satan and Leslie Jordan; Jinx took all the spotlight with just ONE character.

The editing was a bit wonky, though.  Did the queens film the lip sync portion of the show directly after the Snatch Game? I couldn't see the queens changing back into those outfits after the runway... Come on RPDR! We aren't supposed to notice that!  I did fall out when Michelle cracked on Jaida being Eddie Murphy from "Dreamgirls". That was funny!

Now I thought Trinity was a good lip syncer.  She was just flailing all over the stage!  I also figured Jinx would target Shea over Monet.  Right now, I would consider Shea to be the biggest threat for the crown.

Edited by Stardancer Supreme
  • Like 1
  • Love 8

Jinkx Monsoon and Sasha Velour are my two favorite winners ever, and Jinkx’s Little Edie was one of the best Snatch Game characters ever.  I was sooooo happy to see her do so brilliantly again!  The deep cut to Dave was everything, and really shows Jinkx’s intelligence and thoughtful approach to the competition.  I love her madly and hope she wins it all.

• Like 1
  • Love 18
(edited)
On 5/20/2022 at 4:28 PM, Stardancer Supreme said:

The editing was a bit wonky, though.  Did the queens film the lip sync portion of the show directly after the Snatch Game? I couldn't see the queens changing back into those outfits after the runway...

They didn't all change back - but they discussed it on Untucked. People wanted something they could lip synch in if necessary, and also to get out of the pleather because it's uncomfortable (you end up dripping in sweat underneath it all). Some of them specifically mentioned going back to their snatch game outfits. In the end, Yvie, Raja, and The Viv opted for stripped down versions of their runway outfits; Monet & Trinity changed into lipsynch outfits; and it was just Jinkx, Shea & Jaida who opted for their snatch game outfits. 

late edit: Monet also changed back to her second snatch game outfit (Sheneneh). I didn't recognize it at first because we only saw them at the desk during snatch game; and Jinkx kept her runway wig, and turned out to be wearing a top and leggings rather than what I had imagined to be a cocktail dress c. 1960 as Judy, so Jinkx's and Monet's just read as lipsynch outfits to me at first. 

Edited by akr
editing glitch
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I wasn't the biggest Jinx fan on S5, but she was incredible in this episode! Natasha Lyonne was both nuanced and funny, and was in itself probably among my top ten Snatch Game performances. And her Judy Garland was everything that I thought a drag impersonation could never be: funny, tragic, talented. I'd pay good money to see that show!

She was actually in my top three for the Premiere and, if she keeps up this pace, my pick to win it all. Go Jinx!

• Love 6

Jinkx is my all time favorite and I agree her Judy and Natasha were fantastic! Also liked the Boogyman, Satan and Leslie Jordan. I really like the format where no one gets booted so I can see these amazing queens every week. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Favorite lines of the episode:

Jinkx : “Well, it’s a set, Ru. It's not real. It's a cardboard set, darling. It doesn’t go… anywhere.”

The Vivienne: “ I’ve got shoes that could kick shit into space.”

Monet: “I’m gonna fuck ‘em in the ass.”

Raja: “Purple mittens.”

Jaida: “I’m sexy…  I’m a man.”

Edited by 7-Zark-7
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, 7-Zark-7 said:

Favorite lines of the episode:

Jinkx : “Well, it’s a set, Ru. It's not real. It's a cardboard set. It doesn’t go… anywhere.”

The Vivienne: “ I’ve got shoes that could kick shit into space.”

Monet: “I’m gonna fuck ‘em in the ass.”

Raja: “Purple mittens.”

Jaida: “I’m sexy…  I’m a man.”

I’m just glad to be anywhere.. I’ve been dead for quite some time … I died lol 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

I would have given the wins to Jinkx and Raja. Raja was visually brilliant with both characters, and very funny, too. And both choices were completely outside the box. As soon as I heard she was doing Madame, I was absolutely thrilled.

Trinity did very well, too, of course. The way she presented as tiny for Leslie Jordan was great. But the Satan bit was pretty one-note, and the Leslie Jordan voice was basically her regular voice. Pointing out that they changed the lyric from "woman" to "drag queen" was a great touch, though.

In the end, Raja had the much better runway, so I would have given her the edge.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
On 5/20/2022 at 6:28 PM, Stardancer Supreme said:

I think Monet should have gone with the character's name of Shaneyney instead of Martin Lawrence. 

Grain of salt, but it’s been said before that queens can’t impersonate specific characters due to copyright issues (which is ridiculous, because this clearly falls under the parody fair use exemption) so they have to claim that they’re portraying the actor rather than the character.  I.E. - Vivienne was clearly portraying Joanna Lumley’s character from AbFab but had to claim the actress rather than the character.   

• Useful 7
  • Love 2

That was one of best Snatch games ever, and Jinx absolutely came out on top; I'm so glad she's back on drag race!  The only person who could really compete with her Snatch is Bendela.  I think Raja was great and should have been top two though - what the hell is the point of choosing Trinity if she was blocked? 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Glade said:

That was one of best Snatch games ever, and Jinx absolutely came out on top; I'm so glad she's back on drag race!  The only person who could really compete with her Snatch is Bendela.  I think Raja was great and should have been top two though - what the hell is the point of choosing Trinity if she was blocked? 

There is still a big carrot to encourage a blocked person to compete and aim for a win; if anything a blocked person is gunning HARDER for the win. And I'm not just talking about the 10,000$ and the power to block someone else. 

Ultimately the number of badges determines who will be in the final challenge. A blocked person can't increase their badge count. But if they win, they keep someone else from getting a badge, so the overall badge count goes down by one and they remain as close as they were before. 

The strategy that was talked about is right; you want to block people who have badges already so they can't go further ahead. And if they do win after being blocked, then that's one fewer badge in play so one less badge you need to catch up with. 

As for Snatch game, that was great. One of the most entertaining we've seen. The second round felt a bit awkwardly cut, but I think it's because Judy was SO good they couldn't cut her out, so everyone else got less airtime. If anything needs a "Directors Cut" online, it's probably this Snatch Game (either of them) 

• Love 7

My favorite part--Michelle Visage realizing Jinkx called Ru "Broom" and cracking up, slapping the podium. Also Ru flailing around when Trinity said they changed it to drag queen in the middle of him already laughing hysterically. You put those two (especially Jinkx) in a room and people literally cannot contain themselves.

Trinity tweeted that she had a "burn book" with shady comments that went over well but got edited out. I agree with whoever said we lost some answers because they just had to give us as much Judy as possible. Oh my God, when she brought the Dave moment to full circle...astonishing in the best way. 

• Love 16

Good for Jinkx! She did great, and she is looking beautiful! 
I was having issues with Paramount Plus on my TV, and was this about canceling but I’m glad I didn’t, even on my IPad this season will be worth it.

I was really hoping for more from Prince, like Ru asking her to stand up, she could have gone, “I’m already standing!”

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I like Monet, but I thought she was somewhat overhyped in both episodes.

I didn't think she should have been top 2 in the first episode. I would have given her slot to Jaida, Jinkx or Yvie.

And in the second episode, her Shaneyney schtick didn't do much for me. 

Her Mike Tyson was funnier, but the recurring "Mike Tyson wants to fuck people in the ass" gag made me kind of uncomfortable, being that he's a convicted rapist.

The pleather dress really was great, though.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Blakeston said:

I like Monet, but I thought she was somewhat overhyped in both episodes.

I didn't think she should have been top 2 in the first episode. I would have given her slot to Jaida, Jinkx or Yvie.

And in the second episode, her Shaneyney schtick didn't do much for me. 

Her Mike Tyson was funnier, but the recurring "Mike Tyson wants to fuck people in the ass" gag made me kind of uncomfortable, being that he's a convicted rapist.

The pleather dress really was great, though.

I wasn't a fan of the tracksuit for the I'm Crowning runway. It was cute, but blah in comparison to Raja, Jinkx, Shea, and Trinity. I did agree with her having one of the best verses in the Legends challenge.

The Mike Tyson joke was funny albeit cringey but then it was repeated so many times that it was just cringey. 

I do love Monet in general. I listen to herpodcast with Bob all the time and follow her cat Colleen X Change on IG. 🤣

• Love 4
1 hour ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

I do love Monet in general. I listen to herpodcast with Bob all the time and follow her cat Colleen X Change on IG. 🤣

It's certainly going to be interesting watching Monet try to reconcile her run on this season of AS along with some of the comments that she's made about game strategy on The Pit Stop, where she's openly mused that she prefers a baldly strategic game. I don't blame her at all for walking that idea back now that she actually has to deal with the repercussions of scheming and skullduggery, as she -- and all the other queens -- are probably thinking a lot about how their projected image on this season could have great impacts on their post-Drag Race careers. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I love Jinkx SO much, but watching her season is painful, those Queens are fucking awful to her - so to watch her be so embraced and celebrated is just delightful.  What a genius pair of performances, retire Snatch Game now Broom!

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

Omg Ru is forever Broom now at our house thanks to Jinkx. Any future contestant should study Jinkx's Snatch Game appearances because she cemented herself as the Queen of Snatch Game. Michelle's reaction to Judy mentioning Dave the veteran from all those years ago was hilarious. 

I'm still trying to.process this episode, it was that good. Raja as Madame brought back childhood memories of seeing her and Waylon Flowers everywhere on tv. I liked almost all the Snatch game characters but yall, I may have a problem. I was all "well HELLO" to Yvie's Boogieman. Am I wrong? Cause I don't wanna be. LOL

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
26 minutes ago, Kaboom 2.0 said:

I liked almost all the Snatch game characters but yall, I may have a problem. I was all "well HELLO" to Yvie's Boogieman. Am I wrong? Cause I don't wanna be. LOL

It would be wrong to not have that reaction to Yvie's Boogieman.

• Love 7

After Jinkx's Judy impression, there was no way she wasn't winning this episode.  Trinity could have given the best lip sync of her life and the win still would have gone to Jinkx.  That Dave reference was genius.

This might be an unpopular opinion but I wasn't feeling the more fictitious characters like Satan and the Boogieman.  Part of the point of Snatch Game is to impersonate a real person.  Otherwise how is it different than any of their other sketches?  That being said, I'm okay when the queens stretch their impersonation to a character that the real person played.  I know it's borderline (and the show doesn't like it) but there are so many celebrities that are synonymous with a character they portrayed so it doesn't bother me as much.

On 5/22/2022 at 1:11 PM, The Mighty Peanut said:

I want Jaida to be more confident in general. Being the covid winner has definitely affected her self-esteem.

I wonder if Jaida is intimidated by the big personalities there.  She is a more recent winner but Monet, Trinity and Shea didn't win in their first go around.  So they've had an extra round of practice (which helps a lot).  Though it does suck that Jaida wasn't able to get the same level of exposure after her win.

• Love 2
(edited)

So happy we didn't get the lesser Snatch Game of Love. A really strong showing overall.

• There isn't anything about Jinx that hasn't already been said. Snatch Game Perfection
  • Kudos to Raja for bringing two strong characters. I'm not familiar with Madame, but the look alone killed it, and she really brought the essence of Diana Vreeland, someone I love, love, love, love, to the stage. Her runway look was great, as usual.
  • Trinity's Luci(fer) was hilarious. I might rewatch just to take the whole look in, again. Another strong showing with Leslie Jordan.
  • I don't really know any of the tiktok/insta celebs, so some of Shea's and Yvie's choices didn't really resonate with me. Plus they weren't that funny - not bad, but not strong enough to overcome my knowledge gap.
  • I want Jaida Essence Hall to do well. I just really like her. She's not as seasoned as some of the other queens, so that might part of the issue. Her runway look was really good, so that's a plus
  • I'm not Monet's biggest fan (or smallest fan... or a fan) but her runway makeup and hair was stunning.
  • The Vivienne had a strong showing all-around. I especially liked her runway look.
  • Who's left? I think that's it. Anyway, I'm glad I signed up for Paramount + to watch this season. I came for Raja's runways and Jinx's hijinks and so far I'm getting all that I want and more.
Edited by gorgy
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Kaboom 2.0 said:

Omg Ru is forever Broom now at our house thanks to Jinkx. Any future contestant should study Jinkx's Snatch Game appearances because she cemented herself as the Queen of Snatch Game.

On 5/22/2022 at 12:57 PM, The Mighty Peanut said:

My favorite part--Michelle Visage realizing Jinkx called Ru "Broom" and cracking up, slapping the podium.

For me it was a delightful reminder of the time Ben DelaCreme as Dame Maggie Smith called her “Ruple”! 

I honestly can kick myself now from not being able to see Jinkx and Ben Dela perform together on tour a few years back, they’re both just remarkable drag performers.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Not4Me said:

For me it was a delightful reminder of the time Ben DelaCreme as Dame Maggie Smith called her “Ruple”! 

I honestly can kick myself now from not being able to see Jinkx and Ben Dela perform together on tour a few years back, they’re both just remarkable drag performers.

I'm mad at Dela for lipsticking herself out of All Stars 3. Imagine if she'd won and been on this All Winners cast with Jinkx - now both are the only double Snatch Game winners.

• Love 8

Was anyone else thinking The Viviennes pleather runway was what we should hve seen in the S14 shoulder pads runway?

Controversial yet brave opinion: having seasoned queens for All Winners puts S14 (or any season where the cast is primarily in their early 20s and very new to drag) in stark perspective. No wonder they had a bad snatch game, they'd never done it before. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, gorgy said:

I don't really know any of the tiktok/insta celebs, so some of Shea's and Yvie's choices didn't really resonate with me. Plus they weren't that funny - not bad, but not strong enough to overcome my knowledge gap.

I often wonder if that's not part of the problem with Rue too. I know she should be up on basically all of the trends, but I wonder how much she really is. With the exception of the queen who did that robot a few years ago (I think that was Gigi Goode?), I don't think Rue's ever been impressed with the TikTok/Insta star impersonations. And I think it is often harder for them to overcome than when someone is doing a more traditional style well known celebrity. 

• Love 2

I refuse to sign up for Paramount+, but I managed to catch Snatch Game on YouTube finally, and it did not disappoint. Jinkx is the clear and obvious winner for her Judy Garland, but omg, Raja was robbed. Her Madame was ON POINT, and the fact that she added the sticks on her arms was genius. And her Diana Vreeland finally gave the gal justice after Robbie Turner's terrible turn at 'er. Trinity was great! But Raja was on another level. I wonder if Ru put Trinity in the top only because she was already blocked, and wanted to make it more interesting? Unclear. Granted, I'm biased more toward Raja than I am Trinity (and I love Trinity), but still. Those were amazing performances and makeup artistry.

That said, although I'd already had the Dave punchline spoiled online, the rest of the Judgy Garland performance was so good. The over the rainbow moment? "It's a set, dear! It's cardboard!" Dying. I loved it. It was wonderful to see Jinkx do Snatch Game in a group that could compete with her -- and still have her be the absolute best.

I liked Jaida's Prince, was underwhelmed by her Lady Chablis who basically just seemed like Jaida's true self (I say with love because she is a fave). I actually liked Monet's "Martin Lawrence" more than her Mike Tyson just because his violent behavior is still too soon for me. I liked the Boogieman -- and yes, partly because Yvie is pretty hot. I can't remember Shea's first choice! But I was deeply disappointed by her Miss J who is PERFECT Snatch Game fodder, and I only can hope someone does him again someday. It'd be wonderful if someone else did Jay Manuel at the same time (eyes A'Hora and Trinity). As a huge Joanna Lumley fan, I was let down by the Viv, but her Catherine Tate was fun if somewhat incomprehensible.

I have a lot to say about a season I'm not watching. Well, it's a delightful group, and I'm glad we can enjoy them the whole time. Just hope Jaida really finds a way to stand out! Hoo-hoo!

• Love 9
On 5/24/2022 at 3:11 PM, Not4Me said:

I've had tickets to their upcoming tour here in Australia since Sept 2020, it was postponed to Sept 2021 and then again to Sept this year, so fingers crossed they actually make it over this year - PANDEMIC BE GONE.

• Love 3

I've seen their holiday special--4th row seats.  They are every bit as good in person as they are on the show.  Better, even.

Per Bob, Jinkx is the most talented queen ever to have been on RDR.

• Love 6
On 5/24/2022 at 11:24 PM, Rai said:

Trinity was great! But Raja was on another level. I wonder if Ru put Trinity in the top only because she was already blocked, and wanted to make it more interesting? Unclear...

Raja was great. I just think that Trinity made the judges crack up laughing more and there's always extra points from Ru for that (see Yara Sofia's talent boob show last year) 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Wonderlad71 said:

Raja was great. I just think that Trinity made the judges crack up laughing more and there's always extra points from Ru for that (see Yara Sofia's talent boob show last year) 

Raja did with her makeup, artistry, and prosthetic skills what Jinkx did with her impersonation and singing -- both were brilliant in different ways. I had to rewatch Raja's run several times to catch all of the nuances and references that she managed to pack in to ther snatch game performance.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

I was hoping that Raja would be in the top with Jinkx. They were my favorites in the Snatch Game- just amazing!  Raja's makeup skills were flawless and she was very funny!  Both of Jinkx's characters were great, but Judy was in a completely different level- the nuances and mannerisms were so good. 

Well, I guess Jinkx will now be likely to get blocked in upcoming episodes, since she is one of the frontrunners.  It's an interesting way to choose a winner.  I think the judges should just award points based on challenges and runways and the queen who receives the most points wins.  The social component of All Stars has always bothered me.  

But, I am thoroughly enjoying this season of stunning queens.  They are all bringing their A Game!

Edited by SemiCharmedLife
repetitive wording
  • Love 5

I had to pause this season after episode 1, so I could do a rewatch of season 5. I needed to refresh my memory of all things Jinkx, who I loved so much then and still do now.

This Snatch Game was incredible. I wish all upcoming queens would watch and learn. This is what happens when you prepare. (Of course, it also helps to be talented.)

I like everyone on this season, but especially Jinkx, Yvie and Raja. I’m hoping they all do well.

• Love 5

I suspect it is against the rules, but when we have a Double Snatch game like this, I'd be sorely tempted to 'pair up' with another queen and do the same character between two queens and the two rounds. The risk would be huge, but the payoff could be great and especially for the second Queen, it would give you some free fodder for your act by referencing the first round. 

I won't sign up for paramount plus either, unless I get a free trial after the season is done so I can binge it. But I've watched this snatch game like 5 times on youtube already. Jinx is a genius. Maybe my favorite part was when Shea and Jaida couldn't stop themselves from cracking up at her at the very end. 

• Love 4
On 5/21/2022 at 5:10 PM, Blakeston said:

I would have given the wins to Jinkx and Raja. Raja was visually brilliant with both characters, and very funny, too. And both choices were completely outside the box. As soon as I heard she was doing Madame, I was absolutely thrilled.

Trinity did very well, too, of course. The way she presented as tiny for Leslie Jordan was great. But the Satan bit was pretty one-note, and the Leslie Jordan voice was basically her regular voice. Pointing out that they changed the lyric from "woman" to "drag queen" was a great touch, though.

I think Raja's impressions were great in the sense that they were very accurate, but they weren't super funny to me. That said, the second Trinity said "Leslie Jordan" I realized how similar their voices are anyway, so the basically her regular voice aspect didn't bother me.

• Love 2

Monet's Tyson was not that good. I wanted to hear "I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah." (An actual Tyson quote). Also, it has been said above but just wanted to reiterate it is a bit weird to see a convicted rapist being impersonated on Snatch Game. I don't think it's inherently offensive but, like, you couldn't have picked a better subject....?

....Apparently not because Monet's Sheneneh wasn't very good either. I mean, it's been a while since I've watched Martin but I can't think of one thing Monet did that led me to think that that was Sheneneh. I honestly thought it was something I just wasn't familiar with. 

Over/Under on how many future snatch games until somebody even nears doing as well as Jinx did. Honestly they should retire it because nobody's topping Jinx's Judy Garland. It was perfect. 

• Like 1