Type keyword(s) to search

S2.E04: Victory

• Start Topic

Marina seems to be just as she always is. Now that Colin is no longer the man she wants to charm to fix her problems she treats him just as crappy as she treated everyone else. I also think we can see what will be the future problem between Penelope and Collin...I was have expecting Marina to tell him that she figured out LW had to be Pen and that she ruined her.

Edited by LadyChaos
  • Love 11

I didn't love this episode.  There were many great scenes between Anthony and Kate but the whole library "I despise you" scene didn't make a lick of sense.  Nor did Anthony running off and proposing to Edwina.  It makes no sense that he'd invite that level of complication in his life.  

I get the practicality of Marina but I am not happy they couldn't give her some happiness after the season she went through.  I was rooting for her and I was hoping we'd get to see her happy.  I would have rather seen Philip and Marina potentially falling in love over this stupid Cousin Jack plot.

Eloise seems meaner this season.

• Love 5

Most people watching this show are probably pitying the contrived and unhappy pairings of the 2 marriage proposals and marriage in this episode that are done out of a sense of duty, and yet the circumstances are similar to both my one, 8-year marriage and my daughter's mother-in-law's marriage of similar length, both occurring in the 1980s. I suspect the writers are at least somewhat aware of how common it still is for people to get married because of a pregnancy about which the couple feels ambivalent. Having to get married because of the appearance of impropriety is no longer really a thing, and yet I suspect there are still people who get married because they are living together and it will make their parents happy.

So, kind of a depressing episode, IMO.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, bijoux said:

Their chemistry is lit and I dissprove of this engagement wholeheartedly. And after this episode provide excellent Kate and Anthony interactions. I'm miffed is what I am.

This. They are fire. I’ve really enjoyed their interactions and chemistry. 

Anthony’s proposal has indeed created an even bigger mess of this already complicated situation. Perhaps he thought he was backed into a corner? He’s been courting Edwina and everyone watching pretty much expects him to propose to her. If he suddenly backed away from her after relentlessly pursuing her, it could potentially torpedo her chances of finding another mate, whether she’s the diamond of the season or not. And if he backed away from her and start courting Kate that would be even more scandalous. The entire situation is a cluster. So perhaps he thought the only choice he had to save everyone’s reputation, specifically the Sharma ladies, was to propose to Edwina. SMH.

8 hours ago, LadyChaos said:

Marina seems to be just as she always is. Now that Colin is no longer the man she wants to charm to fix her problems she treats him just as crappy as she treated everyone else. I also think we can see what will be the future problem between Penelope and Collin...I was have expecting Marina to tell him that she figured out LW had to be Pen and that she ruined her.

5 hours ago, ouinason said:

I'm mad that Marina doesn't appreciate her adorkable husband.  

Eh.  I think Marina finally grew up. And I’m glad she told Colin to do the same. I don’t understand why he went to see her in the first place. What did he expect out of that visit? For them to reminisce about what could’ve been? Perhaps make a plan to finish what they started last season? If he went there for closure he certainly got it.

As she said, not everyone’s life is going to be a fairytale. Her husband may be nice but just because a man is nice to you doesn’t mean you’re going to be happy in the marriage. I’m sure she appreciates him saving her from that precarious situation she was in. But she didn’t know him and even once she did get to know him she likely found they had absolutely nothing in common. 

Her life has unfortunately led to some unfortunate circumstances. She fell in love. Got pregnant out of wedlock. Tried to trick a guy who wasn’t the father into marrying her, because she thought the father of the baby had abandoned her, and so she wouldn’t end up living a life of destitute. Got exposed for that deceit and was in turn shunned by society. Tried to abort the baby. Then found out the abortion had failed, while learning around the same time that the the guy she was in love with and the father of her baby had been killed and had in fact not abandoned her. Then his brother shows up, whom she didn’t know from Adam, and proposes marriage. Of course she accepts because she had no other choice. She’s been through a lot. And is no doubt suffering from severe depression. In modern times she’d undoubtedly need to be seeing a therapist to work through all that’s happened. 

So I don’t begrudge her for not worshipping the ground her husband walks on and certainly not welcoming Colin with open arms. Honestly it was just awkward for the latter to show up at her home, which she shares with her new husband, unannounced, especially after the way things ended between them. 

Edited by Enero
  • Love 22
13 hours ago, ouinason said:

I'm mad that Marina doesn't appreciate her adorkable husband.  

See, I'm not sure that she doesn't. It pleasantly surprised me that Marina seemed at peace and content when Colin came to see her. She only started getting snippy when 1) Colin and Phillip dragged the meeting out, and 2) Colin started casting judgement on her marriage. I don't think she fell madly in love with Phillip, but do think she was satisfied to be married to him. Also, Phillip is a cutie sweety pie.

13 hours ago, SonofaBiscuit said:

Ah fuck, fuck, fuck! When Anthony got that ring out, I was like, “Put that god damn thing away.” Ugh, I hate that they had him actually propose to Edwina!

The rest of the episode was pretty wonderful, however. Just SO many great Kate/Anthony moments. There was the awkward first time seeing each other after their almost-kiss, the sexy shooting lesson, and him coming a bit undone from seeing her leg/stocking. And then the lovely library scene, where you could see Anthony in the doorway wrestling with knowing he should turn around and leave, but not wanting to. And finally, the dance scene and follow-up conversation. Anthony was losing his fucking mind upon learning that Kate would be leaving. Damn, Kate, the guy was nearly crying. Just tell him the truth; tell him that you care for him 😭

A few other things I enjoyed: Benedict being so amused by Kate and Anthony’s hunting conversation, and Anthony musing that he might be shot dead by her. Also, Lady Featherington remarking that Cressida Cowper might become Prudence’s new mama. Bwah ha ha.

So yeah, I loved this episode, except for that stupid fucking proposal. *screams*

Firstly, that did not seem like a bit to me.

Secondly, Portia killed it with that line.

I just realized when Anthony's mind was made up - when Daphne tells him it's love. And he does not want it and was not looking for it. Then there's also Kate very much not asking him to change his plans and also talking about leaving for India and abandoning him! Edwina, of course abandoning Edwina, that's what's got him in a twist. It's a dumbass move, no doubt about it, but the moment the choice is made is crystal clear on rewatch.

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 22
3 hours ago, bijoux said:

See, I'm not sure that she doesn't. It pleasantly surprised me that Marina seemed at peace and content when Colin came to see her. She only started getting snippy when 1) Colin and Phillip dragged the meeting put, and 2) Colin started casting judgement on her marriage. I don't think she fell madly in love with Phillip, but do think she was satisfied to be married to him. Also, Phillip is a cutie sweety pie.

I thought that, but then we saw Marina's face fall and I felt annoyed because it made me think she was putting on a facade the entire time with Colin. Ugh. I do think she showed quite a bit of growth when she flat out told Colin that he was wasting her time with her because it was honest, and the truth.

Because I'm trained to spot the HoYay I was totally sensing a vibe with Phillip towards an oblivious Colin. It'd be funny if Phillip were on the DL with Marina fully on the know because she doesn't actually love him. LOL

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Because I'm trained to spot the HoYay I was totally sensing a vibe with Phillip towards an oblivious Colin. It'd be funny if Phillip were on the DL with Marina fully on the know because she doesn't actually love him. LOL

But maybe not funny if Marina didn’t realize until after they were married? 
And, if Phillip is not attracted to women, has he realized his enjoyment of men is more than sharing common interests such as botany? 
And maybe Colin is gay too?   
What was Colin’s motive in apologizing to Marina?

I wonder if we’ll get more definitive information about the nature of Marina’s marriage? There could yet be a visit of Pen and Marina in which Marina shares the true nature of her marriage.

Guys, I am still tipsy from last night but I got teary as fuck when they played a regency version of Dancing On My Own during that dance scene. 😭

Anthony and Kate are ON FIRE. I am so much more invested in the romance this season!! And I love that he still proposed to the sister (very in character). Give me all the angst. Let's go.

That said, I actually like Daphne this season in the wise sibling role. I'm shocked.

Kate looked beautiful in that dress for the dance. And Edwina is gorgeous too. 

It's awesome that I feel like I really understand Anthony as a character and human. All of his backstory and solo scenes have really fleshed him out and have me rooting for him.

We saw a flash of that pamphlet guy that Eloise talked to the other episode which makes me hopeful he'll be back for more interactions with her... He's super cute and they had chemistry.

• Love 24
9 hours ago, bijoux said:

I just realized when Anthony's mind was made up - when Daphne tells him it's love. And he does not want it and was not looking for it.

Yes, I was hating Daphne in that moment (well, and in the earlier moment where she interrupted their sexy whisper times and near-kiss). Do not tell him it is love, dummy. The one thing he keeps saying is that he does not want to marry for love!! Damn!

• Love 7

Lady Feathergton thinking Jack got $ and to trap him… and finding out Jack is broke… best part of the episode. The girl he wanted to marry with the ruby necklace is stunning!

Anthony and Kate bore me. No kiss/sex nothing? And Kate is mean/rude/looks like she smells a fart 24/7. Just no. 

(I did not read the books. Have no clue if the show is following the book)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, SonofaBiscuit said:

Yes, I was hating Daphne in that moment (well, and in the earlier moment where she interrupted their sexy whisper times and near-kiss). Do not tell him it is love, dummy. The one thing he keeps saying is that he does not want to marry for love!! Damn!

Oh, I didn't hate Daphne for it at all. Anthony is an idiot by his own design, just saying it clicked when, where and how the die was cast.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Oh, I didn't hate Daphne for it at all. Anthony is an idiot by his own design, just saying it clicked when, where and how the die was cast.

Ha, I get that :) This is just me hating her a little bit for throwing the L word out there, causing him to offer the proposal (because his dumb ass must remove love from the equation).

Honestly, Daphne is much improved this season. But she can go away this year, I do not need to see her again (especially if she will not have her gorgeous husband with her). It would be a tad weird if she just keeps popping in with additional kids and no husband (he’s just conveniently “away on business” all the time, I guess?).

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, SonofaBiscuit said:

Ha, I get that :) This is just me hating her a little bit for throwing the L word out there, causing him to offer the proposal (because his dumb ass must remove love from the equation).

Honestly, Daphne is much improved this season. But she can go away this year, I do not need to see her again (especially if she will not have her gorgeous husband with her). It would be a tad weird if she just keeps popping in with additional kids and no husband (he’s just conveniently “away on business” all the time, I guess?).

I don't understand why the Duchess of Hastings (who would outrank nearly everyone save the Queen) isn't more influential in this situation.  

Spoiler

Especially with the later concerns about scandal, shouldn't she have been the one to hold the ball?

• Love 3
On 3/25/2022 at 8:58 PM, Door County Cherry said:

I get the practicality of Marina but I am not happy they couldn't give her some happiness after the season she went through.  I was rooting for her and I was hoping we'd get to see her happy.  I would have rather seen Philip and Marina potentially falling in love over this stupid Cousin Jack plot.

She said she was content and that Philip treats her and her children well. Yes, she also said she basically didn't have a fairy tale ending but quite frankly, she ended up in a better situation than many other women. 

It does annoy me that she still doesn't seem to think she did anything wrong with regard to Colin. But I like the fact that she decided to move on and that she told Colin he should do the same.

Re Anthony and the proposal. I wish that they had made it a little more clear that he was induced to propose to Edwina because he was utterly freaked out by the idea of falling in love with Kate. Edwina's a safer prospect to him because he doesn't have the same feelings for her.

• Love 13

Damn it Daphne! You had to freak Anthony with the love talk so he went with Edwina whom he doesn’t love. So much angst and I’m here for it. From the hunting scene, library scene, and then that almost kiss- damn, that’s hotter than sex scenes (IMO). 
So glad that Marina told Colin to stop living in the past. He had no right to tell her that she was unhappy in her marriage based on one visit. And poor Penelope, continuing to hold a candle to Colin despite how dim he is. 

• Love 13
On 3/25/2022 at 1:00 PM, bijoux said:

Jesus Christ, Eloise, there's a world between being a simp and acting like you were raised by wolves. Try to walk in it.

Yeah, she's acting out more this season. She seems to be in a panic about being 'out'. I mean that in the straight, Regency sense. 😄

On 3/26/2022 at 2:33 AM, Conotocarious said:

Was Marina ever happy with anything?

😆  That's just Marina's sour demeanour. Like I think Marina actually is content, living in her mansion with a nice man and two kids. I've never liked her but she wasn't wrong about Colin showing up on her doorstep, staying for dinner, and then telling her she didn't seem happy with her husband. I certainly hope that's the last we see of her, though. She's a terrific buzzkill.

On 3/26/2022 at 12:58 AM, Door County Cherry said:

Nor did Anthony running off and proposing to Edwina.  It makes no sense that he'd invite that level of complication in his life.  

That is exactly what he thinks about Kate ie. It makes no sense to invite that level of complication into his life. They can't get along, she claims to hate him, she drives him up the wall, and she intends to leave the country. Much better to propose to the agreeable, straightforward sister who likes him, who tells him what she wants, who doesn't drive him crazy, and who will stick around. Then Kate will ship off back to India. Problem solved.

On 3/26/2022 at 12:58 AM, Door County Cherry said:

the whole library "I despise you" scene didn't make a lick of sense. 

Agreed. I need Google Translate or something because that was like a listening comprehension test. 😂 There didn't seem to be any logical connection between one of Anthony's sentences and the next! The best I could guess is that he was desperate to get a reaction from her so he tried every tack, one after another. And of course their body language was having an entirely different conversation. I genuinely think that scene would make more sense if I ignored the words. It was terribly written, plus we didn't need a third almost-kiss scene. Three times is too much teasing! And it's harder to buy. Why not actually kiss this time and call it a mistake afterwards? Why so coy, Bridgerton?

I loved all the Kate/Anthony scenes prior to that, though. That midnight library scene was lovely, and Jonathan Bailey made a wonderful job of the dance scene (to Robyn!). I totally bought that anyone watching could see that there was passion between them; Anthony looked transfixed. And he obviously got a shock when she revealed that she would be leaving the country. Anyhow,  I love that we got two back to back episodes in the Bridgerton country home.

21 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

And Kate is mean/rude/looks like she smells a fart 24/7.

😆  Does Kate remind anyone else just a little of Victoria Beckham?

Edited by Kirsty
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 3/26/2022 at 1:38 AM, bijoux said:

I don't think she fell madly in love with Phillip, but do think she was satisfied to be married to him.

Same. Phillip seems a decent guy who treats Marina with respect and cares for both children. Under the circumstances, Marina has a pretty good deal. Phillip may often exasperate her with his inordinate love of plants (and Greece; hee), but things could be a LOT worse.

Colin is such a dunce. I find him actively dislikable.

23 hours ago, Brn2bwild said:

I don't understand why the Duchess of Hastings (who would outrank nearly everyone save the Queen) isn't more influential in this situation.  

She's interacting with Anthony as his sister, not as a duchess. He's still the head of her birth family, regardless of her rank. I kind of like that her rank is mostly moot when it comes to family business.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Same. Phillip seems a decent guy who treats Marina with respect and cares for both children. Under the circumstances, Marina has a pretty good deal. Phillip may often exasperate her with his inordinate love of plants (and Greece; hee), but things could be a LOT worse.

Marina's situation is the best she could hope for after George failed to marry her before going to war.  Philip married her and legitimized her son so he will inherit.  This might not be the best outcome for her, but it is for her children. 

• Love 15

I don’t understand why Colin was all “Do you ever wonder what could have been?” It’s my recollection that Marina wasn’t in love with him either. Why would she be pining for their potential life together? I suppose she liked him more? Was he under the impression she was in love with him? If so, he’s not too bright.

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Marina's situation is the best she could hope for after George failed to marry her before going to war.  Philip married her and legitimized her son so he will inherit.  This might not be the best outcome for her, but it is for her children. 

Yes. Even by today's (and Vietnam era) standards, Marina's situation is enviable to that of most single mothers whose baby's fathers went off to war. 

But she should be allowed to be sad that she is married to the brother and not the man she loved.

Over time she will likely realize how fortunate she is, especially if she has opportunity to see all the other disasters that can and undoubtedly will plague the marriages of her contemporaries, as well as those who we have seen, including illness (like the Queen's husband), death (like Violet's husband), financial ruin (like Lady Featherington's husband), and infidelity (with and without STDs). 

Even if Phillip sometimes literally bores Marina to tears and his absences due to his studies leave her lonely, she is more fortunate than most mothers of young children watching today in the U.S. with a maximum of 16 weeks paid maternity leave.

• Love 5

Eloise shouldn't have been shocked that Colin was paying a visit to Marina when she was the one who brought up the fact that she lived nearby.  Colin was an idiot for visiting, though.  Did he expect for them to start up an affair? She's already had enough scandal for one lifetime. 

Lady Featherington is a moron.  Forcing someone to marry her idiot daughter is really low.  I really wish the Lord would throw her out for her deceit. 

Both Kate and Anthony are deceitful asses.  They were just hugged up together the night before and now he's engaged to her sister??  That's really messed up.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, peridot said:

Lady Featherington is a moron.  Forcing someone to marry her idiot daughter is really low.  I really wish the Lord would throw her out for her deceit. 

Portia Featherington in this adaptation may be a lot of things, but a moron is not one.  She is completely aware how the world works and the limited choices a woman has.  She is trying to make the best matched possible for her daughters knowing they lack a dowry and sadly have little to recommend them to gentlemen who do not need the money.  She is also aware that whomever the new lord marries will become the mistress of the house.  Portia has a very small sphere of influence that will be gone the moment the new lord takes a bride.  Cressida or another lady can get her husband to kick Portia, Prudence, and Pen out of Featherington House and give them a pittance to live on.  This is how Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility starts. 

Portia plans on marrying Prudence to the new lord so she and Penelope are secure.   Then she only has one unmarried daughter to worry about.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21

Kate’s blue dress with the lace covering (that she’s wearing when she sits down with Anthony and Edwina and mentions she was stung by a bee, but is fine)…😍 

Benedict has some of the best reactions. During the hunting discussion scene, he gets a cringey 😬 look on his face when Anthony is questioning Kate’s shooting skills. And then you can see him nod his head “yes” to Edwina’s suggestion that a maid could be sent on the hunt to act as chaperone. He’s so much fun, gah.

When Benedict and the hunting party interrupt Anthony’s sexy gun holding lesson with Kate, it looks like her gun slips off her shoulder and the end of the barrel hits a tree (as they are walking to rejoin the group). Guess Anthony got her a bit worked up because we see her shake it off.

• Love 6

Eloise is a total bitch. We get it; you’re sooo different and independent. Easy to be so when you’re a rich, spoiled child I suppose. 

Kate has improved some from the first episode, but I’m still Team Edwina even though that obviously is not going to be the case.

And then there is Marina. I could have done without seeing that sad sack sourpuss again. 

5 hours ago, SonofaBiscuit said:

Kate’s blue dress with the lace covering (that she’s wearing when she sits down with Anthony and Edwina and mentions she was stung by a bee, but is fine)…😍 

Benedict has some of the best reactions. During the hunting discussion scene, he gets a cringey 😬 look on his face when Anthony is questioning Kate’s shooting skills. And then you can see him nod his head “yes” to Edwina’s suggestion that a maid could be sent on the hunt to act as chaperone. He’s so much fun, gah.

When Benedict and the hunting party interrupt Anthony’s sexy gun holding lesson with Kate, it looks like her gun slips off her shoulder and the end of the barrel hits a tree (as they are walking to rejoin the group). Guess Anthony got her a bit worked up because we see her shake it off.

Before the heavy breathing even there was a boob graze as he adjusted her gun. So... Yeah. 😁

This episode was a bit of a letdown after the 3rd episode fireworks. 

I really did not need to see Marina again, much less Colin pining for her. Pen deserves better. What a dolt. I get that it is sad that Marina didn’t get the HEA with her love and father of her children, but his brother marrying her to give her children the family name, a quite nice roof over their heads, and he seems a kind, if one-track-mind guy isn’t the worst outcome. She could have fared far worse. It also grates that she STILL doesn’t see how wrong she was with attempting to trap a clueless Colin into marriage. 

Eloise needs a heaping helping of grow up already. Her prickly personality was refreshing in S1, a foil for Daphne’s sometimes sugary demeanor, but it’s grating now.

Lady F deserved for her marriage plot to blow up in her face now that Lord F revealed he’s actually penniless.

On a positive note, I enjoyed the continued slow burn between Kate and Anthony. His face when she showed some leg was adorable. The near-kisses while they were hunting and later, in the library, were hotter than full-on sex scenes. 

But ugh to that proposal. 

• Love 13

I don't know what Colin was expecting when he visited Marina. I hate that Marina still acts like she didn't do anything wrong by trying to trick him into marriage. Why is he still thinking about her when she did that to him? 

I loved the hunting scenes with Kate and Anthony. Anthony annoyed me again by not listening to Kate. You don't know everything Anthony. The library scene was really good too. Both were very hot.

Edwina describing Anthony inaccurately to Daphne was interesting. She really doesn't know Anthony. Then again he's not being honest with her either. I do feel bad. She's going to be hurt very badly when she finds out Kate and Anthony are into each other. Why did he propose and make things worse?

I wasn't expecting the new Featherington to be broke. I did laugh at Lady F trying hard to keep Cressida from marrying him. I can't blame her for that. That would stink. 

Eloise just annoys me. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

I don't know what Colin was expecting when he visited Marina.

If there is a clear explanation for Colin’s visit to Marina, I missed it. I guess maybe he wanted to reassure himself that Marina was not in a horrible situation with some possibly resentful husband? And I guess too that Colin has some unresolved hots for her?

1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

I hate that Marina still acts like she didn't do anything wrong by trying to trick him into marriage.

I guess Marina feels like fate has already punished her more than enough. Her situation may be one that many would envy, but it was not what she had expected or desired.

• Love 2

I love how Colin has become that college student who came back from his semester abroad and just will not stop talking about his trip and how much he was forever changed by his travels. Interesting seeing Marina again, she seems to have matured a lot since we last saw her, even though I wish she was a bit more apologetic for how she was towards Colin. She might not love her adorkable husband, but she knows that he's a nice guy and that she is in a much better situation than many women, especially women in her situation, are in.

Oh Daphne, you had to go and say the L word didn't you? You could practically see the panic in Anthony's eyes when Daphne spelled out that he's falling for Kate, when he pulled out that ring I almost yelled "NO!" like in a horror movie, this is just such a bad move. And after so many amazing Anthony/Kate moments! Their sexy hunting lesson, Anthony being shook at seeing a bit of her leg, the library confrontation, oh boy, the heat was straight up coming out of the screen. Kate and Anthony have at least finally both figured out their mutual feelings, but that just ended with Anthony screwing things up. As frustrating as this is though, I am still so into this couple its not even funny. As much as I was into Simon/Daphne, I like Anthony and Kate even more. Probably because I find their issues and hang-ups with getting together a lot more understandable, if also quite hair pulling.

I do like Eloise, but she really does need to learn at least a few social graces. Even at a modern day get together, yelling at her dance partner and running off would be considered bad form, especially if her mom put them together. She was also pretty quick to get mad at that guy for playing the "not like the other girls" card when she frequently does the exact same thing, acting like being with any woman outside of her family and Penn is like getting teeth pulled. We got a reference to the pamphlets again, I wonder if Eloise will go back and run into that young printer again. He was cute and they seemed to have some chemistry, but Eloise needs someone to give her some perspective. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 12
26 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I love how Colin has become that college student who came back from his semester abroad and just will not stop talking about his trip and how much he was forever changed by his travels. Interesting seeing Marina again, she seems to have matured a lot since we last saw her, even though I wish she was a bit more apologetic for how she was towards Colin. She might not love her adorkable husband, but she knows that he's a nice guy and that she is in a much better situation than many women, especially women in her situation, are in.

So do I.

I do like Eloise, but she really does need to learn at least a few social graces. Even at a modern day get together, yelling at her dance partner and running off would be considered bad form, especially if her mom put them together. She was also pretty quick to get mad at that guy for playing the "not like the other girls" card when she frequently does the exact same thing, acting like being with any woman outside of her family and Penn is like getting teeth pulled. We got a reference to the pamphlets again, I wonder if Eloise will go back and run into that young printer again. He was cute and they seemed to have some chemistry, but Eloise needs someone to give her some perspective. 

She really does. She behaves however badly that she wants but faces none of the consequences for it. If she wasn't a Bridgerton she would. She could be jeopardizing standing for her siblings. Not that she cares. I really want her to face consequences for it. There was no need to treat her dancing partner like that. She acted like brat when her mother told her to talk to other people besides Penelope. Ah, yes Eloise, you have guests it's not too much to ask to talk to other girls. She just easily dismisses everyone else without even getting to know them.  

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Marina might have been more gracious toward Colin if he hadn't dropped by with no warning and brought up the past.

Yeah.  He was being a seriously obtuse dipshit there.  I have no idea what he thought he was doing.  If it was just to assure himself that she was fairing well, she's already assured him that.  Asking if she thought about what would have been was more likely to make her upset.  (And exposed him as still being a bit of dumb puppy.)

• Love 5

I thought Marina's husband rather attractive in a sort of absent-minded professor sort of way.  Good that she seems to appreciate him at least somewhat. This could have gone so much worse for her.

Colin is just so......shakes head, don't let me rant again.

Oh yes Anthony, the solution to panicking over falling in love is to propose to your love's sister. (insert eye roll here).

• Love 14

Oh Anthony!  Le facepalm!  Can't say I'm too surprised that he proposed to Edwina especially once Daphne busted out the L word.  Now Lady Danbury sees it, these next four episodes will be interesting.

Can't believe Lady Fs scheme worked only to realize that Jack is penniless.  The joke is back on her and this time she has herself to blame.

I'm glad Marina told Colin to grow up and move on.  Philip seems nice and close enough to book version with his plants.  Still Colin is going to find out about Penelope at one point and that's going to get ugly.

• Love 3
On 3/26/2022 at 1:26 AM, Enero said:

Anthony’s proposal has indeed created an even bigger mess of this already complicated situation. Perhaps he thought he was backed into a corner? He’s been courting Edwina and everyone watching pretty much expects him to propose to her. If he suddenly backed away from her after relentlessly pursuing her, it could potentially torpedo her chances of finding another mate, whether she’s the diamond of the season or not. And if he backed away from her and start courting Kate that would be even more scandalous. The entire situation is a cluster. So perhaps he thought the only choice he had to save everyone’s reputation, specifically the Sharma ladies, was to propose to Edwina. SMH.

Plus he realizes he feels way too strongly for Kate.  Marry Edwina, Kate will be out of his life, and he thinks he can return to the calm, decorous life with no raging emotions that he seeks.  Love is too dangerous.  (This will surely end well.)

Oh, Lady Featherington.  You screwed up royally.  Ouch.

Marina seemed perfectly content until Colin continued to pick at that scab.  She has her children, an estate to manage, and a husband who may not be someone she adores, but who seems kind and generous.  Perhaps even a return to society given time.  She lucked out.  How many people in this era were forced to marry someone they did not care for and ended up miserable?  Just butt out, Colin.

• Love 14
10 hours ago, kittykat said:

Still Colin is going to find out about Penelope at one point and that's going to get ugly.

I have to wonder if Colin will figure out Pen's feelings about 5 minutes after she is wooed (successfully) by someone 10 times better than Colin.  I hope that is what happens, and then Pen can just friend-zone Colin.  I also hope Pen is wooed (successfully) by someone 10 times better, and also richer, than Colin, so it will be Pen who saves the Featherington family from ruin.  Take that, Prudence!

I like this season better than Season 1.  I, too, find the Anthony & Kate scenes much sexier than the Daphne & Simon scenes from Season 1.  Simone Ashley is absolutely stunning, and it's nice to see a full fledged adult in these types of scenes.   I know Phoebe Dynevor is also mid-20's, but Daphne looked all of 16 and that made all those Season 1 sex scenes just a little pervy to me. 

I am also really liking the relationship between Lady Danbury & Violet. 

I know this season is supposed to be all about Anthony, but I wish they'd do something better with Eloise than have her be so petulant about social events.  I'd rather see her playing the game, for the game that it is.  Have 6 men running off in different directions to get her lemonade.  Or form an alliance with a nice young gay guy who needs a beard.  Her character was more interesting last season. 

• Love 9

I wonder what Eloise’s plans are?  She can’t live at her brother’s house (any of them) forever. A spinster didn’t have many options when it came to earning an income. 

6 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I wonder what Eloise’s plans are?  She can’t live at her brother’s house (any of them) forever. A spinster didn’t have many options when it came to earning an income. 

Well, she can actually. It wasn't really unheard of. Spinsters most often would live with their married siblings and take care of their children. Eloise, the natural caretaker that she is, is an obvious choice for that. You lost little Judy in the park?! -Oh, I cannot tell her and the other one apart. -The other one is a boy!

• Like 1
  • LOL 14
7 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I don't think Eloise has really thought about her future yet.  Her family has enough money so there is no pressure for her to make a great match.  Anthony and Violet seem to be content to let her figure things out for herself.  Compared to Daphne last season there is zero urgency.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, chaifan said:

it will be Pen who saves the Featherington family from ruin.  Take that, Prudence!

I didn't take Prudence's engagement as saving the family fortune so much as making her someone else's financial burden. 

That said, I don't want Pen to end up with Colin.

• Love 1