Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E11: Wined, Dined and Ryned

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Terry is trying way too hard with all the black.  I always thought he was jealous of his deceased brother that was in the band.

E92E9081-36C7-4327-872F-7A980AE2C733.jpeg

Cum on Feel the Noize!

I had no idea about this relationship until now^^

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Orange Rine

8 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

Orange RinE

6 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Ryne(d)

Dammit people I was trying to make “Pork Rind” happen!😡

412E8DE7-71AC-4CB3-8B86-F86C6846C409.jpeg

8 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Does anyone know if Orange Rine is Orange Julius’ brother?

Hahahaahhaahahhaaa!

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, NJbutNoHousewife said:

Gina thinks she's in with the cool kids with Heather so she's attacking Shannon. She's too foolish to realize that's she's a pity pal and will never be "good" enough for Heather. They kind of deserve each other. 

Still completely lost on Heather as soulless villain.

• Love 3

I'm only half-way through this, and I have a few questions:

Is it customary to have menus and party favors for dinner parties at your home with friends?

Is it customary, upon meeting someone for the first time, to interrogate them about any past or present drug use? "Not even cocaine?" He is, allegedly, a medical professional, right? If it's that difficult to entertain a guest without alcohol,  you may be a crappy host, and/or have an alcohol problem.

• LOL 9
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Terry is trying way too hard with all the black.  I always thought he was jealous of his deceased brother that was in the band.

E92E9081-36C7-4327-872F-7A980AE2C733.jpeg

One of the few things I like about Terry is that he lights up whenever he talks about his brother.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Glama said:

I hated how Heather put him on the spot by demanding to hear his side of the story. He was clearly very uncomfortable and she should've let it go.

She is the worst hostess, every time. 

• Love 16

Heather has real crazy eyes sometimes. yikes! 

I was watching some snippets of earlier seasons on YouTube and it’s very apparent that today’s version is very manipulated and production driven. No Tamra or Vicki to kickstart the shit.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

Is it customary to have menus and party favors for dinner parties at your home with friends?

Is it customary, upon meeting someone for the first time, to interrogate them about any past or present drug use? "Not even cocaine?" He is, allegedly, a medical professional, right? If it's that difficult to entertain a guest without alcohol,  you may be a crappy host, and/or have an alcohol problem.

Sometimes I do make a menu when I have people over, especially if it is a buffet, I display it in a large frame so the guests know which dish is what.  My party favors for the guests are usually the meal they just ate, nobody needs more junk, unless it is expensive designer stuff then yes, everyone needs that, lol.

The drug use question was rude but in SOCAL coke is common so I guess Terry has been desensitized about it but still it was rude.  Dr. Jenn seems so joyless maybe a little coke would liven things up.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Dr Jen wants a puppet husband. Put your chair this way, kiss me on the lips, put your arm around me, I'll speak for you. What does Rind do when she's not around? Just slumps in a chair silently, waiting for her to get home and tell him what to do, I guess. 

Terry looked like he dissolved some of his cheek filler. Did Mr. Vain read all those comments about his how bad he looks? 

Good God...the dubrows have a group of pompous, marriage advice giving, pearl clutching pals to be boring assholes with.

Agree with the poster that said Ems is jealous of Gina's worship of Cruella Dubrow. She knows Gina will drop her like a hot potato to be the "little sister" to the shows old cronies.

• LOL 3
  • Love 18

Agree with the poster that said Ems is jealous of Gina's worship of Cruella Dubrow. She knows Gina will drop her like a hot potato to be the "little sister" to the shows old cronies.

Fool me once and all that...

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

Heather has real crazy eyes sometimes. yikes! 

I was watching some snippets of earlier seasons on YouTube and it’s very apparent that today’s version is very manipulated and production driven. No Tamra or Vicki to kickstart the shit.

It is like it is a totally different show.  I was reading the "Not all Diamonds and Rose" and I was thinking, oh yeah when is RHOC going to start up again, totally forgetting that I am currently watching this season!  

Not that Tamra should come back, ever.  NEVER ever.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

Madame Dubrow is hosting a dinner party with her upper crust friends so she can show Dr.Jen and Orange Rine how marriage is done! Orange Rine is not here for that bullshit. He ain't interested in his wife or her new friends. I gotta give him kudo's for that at least. 

I still think Terry is funny and most of the time goes along with Heather just to get along. She takes care of his kids, runs the household and bosses the "staff" around while he is fixing bad boob jobs, making millions and hardly ever home. Except when the camera's are rolling, of course.

Emily is gonna need to stop fucking crying. You are 47 and had an absentee dad. We get it. Move on. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 17
(edited)
10 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I don't understand why Emily keeps going on about Shannon being jealous of Gina's relationship with Heather. First of all, it wasn't that long ago that Heather was threatening Shannon. They are hardly bosom buddies. However Gina and Emily are. I think the person who is jealous of Gina's friendship with Heather is Emily. 

This. Emily has the ability to be level-headed so all this nonsense is just unwatchable.

10 hours ago, Marley said:

This episode kind of made me like Shane too. He does seem like a good dad and especially the fact that he made sure he always lived close to his kids growing up after he divorced. Him saying he was a one vagina kind of guy made me laugh too and was almost cute lol. Maybe something is wrong with me lol.

I actually think Shane got a bad rap - he actually isn't bad compared to many of the house husbands we're forced to watch.

9 hours ago, Glama said:

This! And add the fact that he doesn't drink and had to listen to Jen when she was hammered. I think he had the patience of a saint. I hated how Heather put him on the spot by demanding to hear his side of the story. He was clearly very uncomfortable and she should've let it go. He was probably afraid to say anything because he was getting all kinds of jabs from Jen even when he wasn't saying anything. 

That made me laugh so hard 😅 Shane's my favorite! 

I was thrilled to see how Terry felt really uncomfortable to be with Ryne because he doesn't drink 😅 He probably sees himself as a great entertainer and then when he can't loosen his guests up with liquid lubrication, he was completely out of his depth. 

3 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

2 hours ago, NJbutNoHousewife said:

She may not be a "soulless villain" but she's a pompous windbag. The whole dinner thing, with the menu, her just throwing it together, blah, blah and on and on. She tries too hard to show us all how fabulous she is and it comes off as straight up bragging with a side of callous indifference to the world around her. 

The interwebs are abuzz today and it seems more than a few folks are at least partly on Ryne's side. There is a extremely odd energy in that marriage and I'm guessing the cameras aren't the only cause. Jen was sued by her old boyfriend for payback of almost a million dollars in loans (for egg freezing, cancer treatments and various sundry items). Allegedly they broke up when Jen became pregnant with the twins - by Ryne presumably - and that's why she keeps telling that dumb breakfast buffet story; she doesn't want to go into detail. Jen started this season telling media outlets that viewers thought Ryne treated her terribly; my take is she's messy and he's trying to take care of the kids but beyond that all he cares about is the dog, but he does not seem hurtful towards his wife.

I love that Heather & Terry get up in people's business - I think question asking makes for a great housewife - but ffs Terry, let the guy get through the foyer before you run down a list of every street drug in existence.

What I dont like is using hospitality as a thinly veiled excuse to out a couple's troubles in order to boost your ego and already considerable bank account. And that's why the detailed menu and beautiful table seemed cold. People like Dorinda or LVP really enjoy fine entertaining; folks like Dolores put out a ton of food bc they want everyone to be well-fed. I like some formality and niceties but Heather's shindig just seemed like the snobbiest setup ever.

Edited by chick binewski
  • LOL 2
  • Love 21
(edited)

I'm softening towards Heather a bit from the beginning of the season, but that was shitty of her to air Dr. Jen's and Ryhhhhnnnn's dirty laundry after they'd left the party. Like she was saying "sorry everyone, I know they were trashy but they're having marriage problems so I want them to see wonderful relationships like all of ours, you understand." Hilarious that they all took his side over Dr. Jen's.

Ooh, that Terry, such a rebel. "Do you smoke pot? No? How about coke? It's heroin right? Tell me it's heroin."

I really don't understand how Dr. Jen can be so accomplished when she has speaks like an idiot. Another example was I think she referred to Heather as a "mentor" when I believe she meant "mediator."

I don't see Heather turning on Gina anytime soon. I think Jen will get on her nerves first.

Are the women refusing to film with Noella now? Not even Shannon hung out with her this episode. I see Shannon dropping Noella for Heather much more likely than Gina dropping Emily.

Edited by dmeets
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Heather isn't perfect, in fact, she's probably the most insecure housewife I've ever seen. And she covers her insecurities by looking down on others. She isn't any better than Ryne.

And I wonder if Ryne shuts down because of the way his wife drinks.  She seems emotionally abusive and holds her profession/education over his head.  If the roles were reversed, people would be all on her side.  Double standards.

• Love 18
(edited)

Admittedly I was microdosing but Heather's silent imitation of Ryne's napkin wearing was absolutely amazing! 

Yes, the Dubrows are pompous, arrogant famewhoring assholes BUT that level of humor has been missing from the show and I love laughing at them and their ridiculous, over-the-top displays of wealth.  It's an amuse bouche and it's always served first, dear.  You just know someone got fired for that menu mistake.

Happy that Shannon has John & his support but it's true that she doesn't do well with female friendships. Gina's sniping at Shannon is way too obvious. I get that there's at ton a resentment for how Shannon's treated her previously but she needs to learn how to get in digs without making herself look so stupid. I'm sure Heather will teach her.

Edited by snarts
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, chick binewski said:

I actually think Shane got a bad rap - he actually isn't bad compared to many of the house husbands we're forced to watch.

Maybe, but I'm not entirely convinced.  I haven't forgotten his vigorous ascent up Mt. Tool from previous seasons.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, chick binewski said:

People like Dorinda or LVP really enjoy fine entertaining; folks like Dolores put out a ton of food bc they want everyone to be well-fed. I like some formality and niceties but Heather's shindig just seemed like the snobbiest setup ever.

I mean, I get all this; but try as I might, I simply don't see the ill will or directed venom from Heather that everyone else does.  IMO if pompous, snobby windbag is her least sin I simply find it puts her above a lot of the more directed two-faced troublemaking I've seen from others this season and across the franchise.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Emily is gonna need to stop fucking crying. You are 47 and had an absentee dad. We get it. Move on. 

Jeez yes!  Her mother, her father, her mother, her father, blah, blah, blah.  Go to therapy already.  My father was in the home but always working.  I don’t remember him as parts of my childhood at all.  I got to know him much better when I when l was an adult.

• Love 10
(edited)
On 3/2/2022 at 10:20 PM, Caseysgirl said:

Well,I’m Team “Ryne” right now.  She clearly feels superior to her husband and wants him to be someone he isn’t and Terry and Heather are the ultimate snobby couple and to make this couple perform like a some monkeys for their couples friends and the national audience was vile. Ryne does not seem interested in being a reality star and shame on Jen for making him a pawn in her fame game.

I thought she treated him horribly. She was drunk but I bet it wasn’t the first time she spoke to him as one would a child. I don’t blame him for shutting down. She actually told him how to position his chair and how to kiss her. She is condescending and super controlling! 

Is the random blonde replacing Nicole, who has disappeared off this show?

Agree about lips woman. I couldn’t stop gawking at her upper lip. It reminded me of Lisa Rinna’s, although not quite as bad. 

Why doesn’t she say “like Pine but with an R?” 

Ryne’s demeanor reminds me a little of Emily’s husband. I don’t know if it’s because both of them don’t drink so they aren’t amused watching their wives get sauced or they’re both a little socially awkward. 

Usernamefatigue beat me to it. Yep, the interaction with Terry hit the wall once he found out Ryne doesn’t drink. 

Heather was also a total snob. I cannot stand her. A hostess is supposed to try to make her guests feel comfortable, not sit there and mock them with her expressions. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 18

I realize that Heather even as insufferable as she is I would want her to cater my intervention should I ever need one. Imagine how wonderful it would be, favors, flowers under glass, printed menus on really good card stock, amuse bouches and a really drunk woman to show how we look when we drink to much really, really, really, really, good wine.  Did Ryne(d) know that he was walking in to a minivention?

Dr. Jenn and her telling the other guests how to pronounce Ryne, "like an orange rind," will never get old, she has no clue what the difference is between Ryne and rind.  Was she going on about attending school at Harvard?  Rind has never had an adult beverage, maybe he had alcoholic parents and now he has a booze hound wife, maybe he has been scared straight?

Rind shuts down when Jenn drinks heavily because he knows he will say some really, really, really, really, bad stuff to her so he bolts instead of picking a fight, does he just keep things bottled up until he explodes?

Heather's house is interesting, they spend a lot of time having guests sit on that uncomfortable looking couch with the tufted back, don't they have a living room with more comfortable couches?  Ha ha, Terry checking himself out on the mirrored obelisk in the lobby.  

• Love 16
13 hours ago, Marley said:

This episode kind of made me like Shane too. He does seem like a good dad and especially the fact that he made sure he always lived close to his kids growing up after he divorced. Him saying he was a one vagina kind of guy made me laugh too and was almost cute lol. Maybe something is wrong with me lol.

That cracked me up! "You don't have to get me a stack of vaginas." I know Shane isn't everyone's cup of tea but he can be funny at times. 

A Lizzy sighting!

Heather's friend Nancy (?) looked like Kelly Dodd

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
47 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Heather's house is interesting, they spend a lot of time having guests sit on that uncomfortable looking couch with the tufted back, don't they have a living room with more comfortable couches?  Ha ha, Terry checking himself out on the mirrored obelisk in the lobby.  

The Dubrow Center has at least one lobby but not sure about "living room" in the way a family home would have one.     Making guests uncomfortable is Heather's trademark; that and being hard on the help. I imagine catering staffs drawing straws for who has to show up for the Dubrow gigs.  

Terry checking himself out was funny but he must have magic mirrors because I can barely look at him without laughing; he is a walking advertisement for leaving a man's face alone. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Kevin got the looks for sure!

I see that Kevin also got the "good" nose! 👃 

Did he really say you guyses? Next he'll be saying texteses, kidses, and ingrediences. How embarrassing for him!

43 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

Jeez yes!  Her mother, her father, her mother, her father, blah, blah, blah.  Go to therapy already.  My father was in the home but always working.  I don’t remember him as parts of my childhood at all.  I got to know him much better when I when l was an adult.

Emily said a few eppies ago that she's got a decent relationship with her dad now, so Idk what her deal is. A lot of these tv ppl claim to be in therapy, and if this is at all true, there are some really lousy therapists in this world!

7 hours ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

Dammit people I was trying to make “Pork Rind” happen!😡

412E8DE7-71AC-4CB3-8B86-F86C6846C409.jpeg

Hahahaahhaahahhaaa!

Imma start calling him Rhynnie, rhymes with whinny, just to mix it up a bit! Lol it would probably confuse the heck out of Jen since she can't even tell the difference between Orange RinD (or pork rinD--just for you, Gretchen Wei..JonnieU) and RynE. That woman is a complete mess, and has so many resentments piled up that she can't pronounce words correctly.

I'm not sure if the changes in Shane are real, or just for the show, but I do appreciate the little snarky nuggets he throws out. 

i forgot this was on last night so getting ready to watch it now, my FOMO is huge rn!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Sometimes I do make a menu when I have people over, especially if it is a buffet, I display it in a large frame so the guests know which dish is what.  My party favors for the guests are usually the meal they just ate, nobody needs more junk, unless it is expensive designer stuff then yes, everyone needs that, lol.

The drug use question was rude but in SOCAL coke is common so I guess Terry has been desensitized about it but still it was rude.  Dr. Jenn seems so joyless maybe a little coke would liven things up.

Sorry, what is SOCAL coke? I grew up in Southern CA, in Long Beach, just over the border of OC, and have lived in the OC since 1982. I have never, in any social situation, bern asked about my drug use, past or present and I would find that question offensive from anyone other than my closest friends. 

Edited by chlban
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Well,I’m Team “Ryne” right now.  She clearly feels superior to her husband and wants him to be someone he isn’t and Terry and Heather are the ultimate snobby couple and to make this couple perform like a some monkeys for their couples friends and the national audience was vile. Ryne does not seem interested in being a reality star and shame on Jen for making him a pawn in her fame game.

Applause, applause!!!! 👏

My thoughts exactly...I am wondering if Ryne is on the spectrum (undiagnosed) maybe Aspergers. I have a family member around the same age as Ryne who has Aspergers and his social skills are similar to Ryne. I feel sorry for him...he is a sweet guy and shy and socially very awkward. Being with Jen is awful for him...she demeans him, mocks him, emasculates him and ridicules him...not to mention the way she constantly pulls the "I am the bread winner" card out constantly and belittles his job as main caregiver for their children. She's a horrible person for talking smack about him to the other women instead of going to a therapist. Her behavior at the party was deplorable...drinking to excess and behaving like she was at a dive bar instead of mega million dollar estate with a fancy catered meal and other couples that do not know her. Finally, the comment Terry made at the end that "they're a mess" was a typical Terry "Low brow" comment. How callous and snarky of him. He always has this air of arrogance and superiority towards other couples that don't quite meet his "standards" of being worthy of compassion...he is the lowest of the low in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Waa waa waa....is she trying to imply that her family is to blame for the way she is passive agressively stirring up shit between Gina and Shannon?

• Love 12

When Ryne told Terry that he didn’t drink, Terry responded along the lines of “So of course the next question everyone asks is are you Mormon?” To which Ryne said (I paraphrase) “A Mormon or an alcoholic.” Very interesting. Makes me wonder if Ryne grew up in a family where alcohol was abused. Speaking personally, that’s what turned me off from drinking. 
And as fecking nosy as Terry is, I am surprised he didn’t pick up on that remark and dig deeper. Guess he was too committed to listing all the recreational drugs he knows about. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

She is the worst hostess, every time. 

I think Heather views herself as the Caroline Astor (grande dame of the elite class of Gilded Age in NYC) of Orange County...she certainly lives like someone from the Gilded Age with her opulent and vulgar mansion. The way she droned on about the "friends" she and Terry had invited would be wonderful people for Ryne and Jen to know and immulate was ridiculous. Wouldn't it have been better to have Ryne and Jen over to the house without other couples? Get to know them better as a couple before introducing them to your snooty friends. 

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Juneau Gal said:

When Ryne told Terry that he didn’t drink, Terry responded along the lines of “So of course the next question everyone asks is are you Mormon?” To which Ryne said (I paraphrase) “A Mormon or an alcoholic.” Very interesting. Makes me wonder if Ryne grew up in a family where alcohol was abused. Speaking personally, that’s what turned me off from drinking. 
And as fecking nosy as Terry is, I am surprised he didn’t pick up on that remark and dig deeper. Guess he was too committed to listing all the recreational drugs he knows about. 

OMG! That was such an inppropriate and invasive question! Terry Low Brow is such a jerk! If someone doesn't drink, so what??!!! It's none of your business why they don't drink or use drugs...instead of making the guy feel like a freak, how about saying, "I respect your personal choice...could I get you a soda or an iced tea?" Leave it at that and move on...instead he continued to list every recreational drug except for Quaaludes to further make Ryne feel uncomfortable and awkward. What a douchey thing to do...So much for the high minded Heather who thinks she wrote the book on etiquette and fancies herself to be the Emily Post for all of SoCal...she can't even get her husband to STFU and behave like a real host instead of a nosy asshole.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

“Heroin???  No heroin??”

Yeah once Terry realized he was dealing with a totally sober guest, he panicked!

I guess it is a little strange to have never even taken a sip of alcohol if it’s not for religious reasons.

And with Ryn(d)’s inability to socialize like a “normal” person, maybe he should try a little hooch.  He may find it makes horrid dinner parties with snobs and assholes a little more fun.  I know it does for me.

I think Ryne deserves some compassion and understanding instread of ridicule for not inbibing. Terry Low Brow's inquisition of Ryne was rude and inappropriate. Someone had to be sober at that party since Ryne's wife decided to go full drunk girl at a frat party and embarass herself and him.

• Love 19
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

OMG! That was such an inappropriate and invasive question! Terry Low Brow is such a jerk! If someone doesn't drink, so what??!!! It's none of your business why they don't drink or use drugs...instead of making the guy feel like a freak, how about saying, "I respect your personal choice...could I get you a soda or an iced tea?" Leave it at that and move on...instead he continued to list every recreational drug except for Quaaludes to further make Ryne feel uncomfortable and awkward. What a douchey thing to do...So much for the high minded Heather who thinks she wrote the book on etiquette and fancies herself to be the Emily Post for all of SoCal...she can't even get her husband to STFU and behave like a real host instead of a nosy asshole.

From time to time I don't drink socially, sometimes because I'm dieting or have to get up early or whatever.   I've never met ANYONE who asked me why.  Terry is a joke and now he even looks like one. 

But really I've never seen Heather or Terry host anything graciously.  They (usually Heather)  1) attack a guest 2) tell them to leave 3) cancel dinner 4) brag about their house (remember the party they had on the lot and then in the construction zone) and don't forget taking a guest in a separate room to confront/berate them.  Nice.    I'm not sure it's just the catering staff who dreads a Dubrow party. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • LOL 4
  • Love 16

Dr. Jen can say that she loves Ryne and wants her marriage to work but she appears to be embarrassed by him. His employment is not up to her standards and neither are his manners. Nothing that he did at the table could top Jen getting sloppy drunk and slurring her words. I bet the Durows and their snobby friends had a field day making fun of Jen and hubby after the filming stopped. 

While Terry mave have a love affair with the camera I can tolerate him better than Heather. She is the most pretentious housewife ever even more so than the countess. And she gets worse with age. 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Dr. Jen can say that she loves Ryne and wants her marriage to work but she appears to be embarrassed by him. His employment is not up to her standards and neither are his manners. Nothing that he did at the table could top Jen getting sloppy drunk and slurring her words. I bet the Durows and their snobby friends had a field day making fun of Jen and hubby after the filming stopped. 

While Terry mave have a love affair with the camera I can tolerate him better than Heather. She is the most pretentious housewife ever even more so than the countess. And she gets worse with age. 

Funny...I think he's clearly embarassed of her and her sloppy drunk behavior. She can brag about going to Harvard for a course or whatever it was but clearly she's just a loudmouth drunk who abuses alcholol and her husband (verbally). 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, snarts said:

Admittedly I was microdosing but Heather's silent imitation of Ryne's napkin wearing was absolutely amazing! 

Yes, the Dubrows are pompous, arrogant famewhoring assholes BUT that level of humor has been missing from the show and I love laughing at them and their ridiculous, over-the-top displays of wealth.  It's an amuse bouche and it's always served first, dear.  You just know someone got fired for that menu mistake.

Happy that Shannon has John & his support but it's true that she doesn't do well with female friendships. Gina's sniping at Shannon is way too obvious. I get that there's at ton a resentment for how Shannon's treated her previously but she needs to learn how to get in digs without making herself look so stupid. I'm sure Heather will teach her.

It would have been great if Terry or Heather would have put their napkins on their shirt/dress neckline and said, "You know, that's a good idea...don't want to drop something on my shirt/dress".  It would have shut Jen up and made Ryne feel more comfortable...but instead they chose to act like snotty hosts and stare at him with a look of disdain. 

5 hours ago, chick binewski said:

This. Emily has the ability to be level-headed so all this nonsense is just unwatchable.

The interwebs are abuzz today and it seems more than a few folks are at least partly on Ryne's side. There is a extremely odd energy in that marriage and I'm guessing the cameras aren't the only cause. Jen was sued by her old boyfriend for payback of almost a million dollars in loans (for egg freezing, cancer treatments and various sundry items). Allegedly they broke up when Jen became pregnant with the twins - by Ryne presumably - and that's why she keeps telling that dumb breakfast buffet story; she doesn't want to go into detail. Jen started this season telling media outlets that viewers thought Ryne treated her terribly; my take is she's messy and he's trying to take care of the kids but beyond that all he cares about is the dog, but he does not seem hurtful towards his wife.

I love that Heather & Terry get up in people's business - I think question asking makes for a great housewife - but ffs Terry, let the guy get through the foyer before you run down a list of every street drug in existence.

What I dont like is using hospitality as a thinly veiled excuse to out a couple's troubles in order to boost your ego and already considerable bank account. And that's why the detailed menu and beautiful table seemed cold. People like Dorinda or LVP really enjoy fine entertaining; folks like Dolores put out a ton of food bc they want everyone to be well-fed. I like some formality and niceties but Heather's shindig just seemed like the snobbiest setup ever.

It was the fake and phony...just like the Low Brows.

• Love 4

As others have posited this episode and others, I agree hat maybe Ryne has severe social anxiety and the dog helps sooth him (his emotional support).

I felt so bad for Ryne, Terry questioning him about drugs, Heather grilling Ryne, and Jen sloppy, sloppy drunk and being verbally nasty to him

• Love 21
6 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I felt so bad for Ryne, Terry questioning him about drugs, Heather grilling Ryne, and Jen sloppy, sloppy drunk and being verbally nasty to him

Unpopular opinion but I'm not so sure I feel that bad for Ryne.   He's got it pretty good - Jenn brings home the money and Ryne takes care of the kids and not much else - including putting on shoes or a shirt.   From what we've seen of him he seems withholding (could be the cameras though) and just leaves when he doesn't want to talk to his wife.  He told Terry he was professional poker player before he started raising kids and she said she was ready to leave for Harvard when he proposed.  Maybe he did that to keep his kids in California or maybe so he wouldn't have to get an outside job or lose the style of living he become accustomed to with Jenn.  

I have more than one family member and friend who made the money for the family and in both cases the husband was a PARTNER rather than a nanny.   That's what I see as the main problem - these two aren't partners in any way. 

I do agree that Jenn has some sort of alcohol problem though; she's not 23 and I don't know many or really any adults who get "accidentally" drunk dinner parties with people they haven't met before. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Lassus said:

I mean, I get all this; but try as I might, I simply don't see the ill will or directed venom from Heather that everyone else does.  IMO if pompous, snobby windbag is her least sin I simply find it puts her above a lot of the more directed two-faced troublemaking I've seen from others this season and across the franchise.

For me, it's that Heather is presenting falsehoods to promote her position on the show and sell more crap people don't need when she's already loaded. Multiple seasons featured her family never spending time together, making sure she's made up within an inch of her life and never eating a carb, gaining wealth from the insecurities of women, and extolling the importance of manners and decorum; her return has evolved to family moments, children she fully accepts and can't spend enough time with, mentoring and marriage counseling. 

Yes, everyone is terrible but there is something really unseemly about watching someone participate in this charade who already has everything

3 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

The Dubrow Center has at least one lobby but not sure about "living room" in the way a family home would have one.     Making guests uncomfortable is Heather's trademark; that and being hard on the help. I imagine catering staffs drawing straws for who has to show up for the Dubrow gigs.  

I was slightly obsessed with the YouTube house tours and they actually do have an actual living room (not a metallic banquette in the middle of a hallway) but Heather said people never use them (?). 

The home seems designed for a very specific kind of entertaining - from the ice bar kitchen, the square dining table, and the non-living room - not to mention never taking advantage of the view. It makes me irrationally angry to look at it.

2 hours ago, Juneau Gal said:

Terry did crack me up but I also found his reaction a bit odd. I think many of us know people who had your experience - exposure to substance abuse is enough for some to nope out for their entire lives. Terry is a doctor, his brother's death was under questionable circumstances, he's not a complete idiot - take a pause, dude. 

1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

From time to time I don't drink socially, sometimes because I'm dieting or have to get up early or whatever.   I've never met ANYONE who asked me why.  Terry is a joke and now he even looks like one. 

But really I've never seen Heather or Terry host anything graciously.  They (usually Heather)  1) attack a guest 2) tell them to leave 3) cancel dinner 4) brag about their house (remember the party they had on the lot and then in the construction zone) and don't forget taking a guest in a separate room to confront/berate them.  Nice.    I'm not sure it's just the catering staff who dreads a Dubrow party. 

Heather is like a super-composed Ramona with better taste - they seem to have the same goal of making sure everyone knows they don't measure up in some way.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, snarts said:

One of my favorite words!  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

Applause, applause!!!! 👏

My thoughts exactly...I am wondering if Ryne is on the spectrum (undiagnosed) maybe Aspergers. I have a family member around the same age as Ryne who has Aspergers and his social skills are similar to Ryne. I feel sorry for him...he is a sweet guy and shy and socially very awkward. Being with Jen is awful for him...she demeans him, mocks him, emasculates him and ridicules him...not to mention the way she constantly pulls the "I am the bread winner" card out constantly and belittles his job as main caregiver for their children. She's a horrible person for talking smack about him to the other women instead of going to a therapist. Her behavior at the party was deplorable...drinking to excess and behaving like she was at a dive bar instead of mega million dollar estate with a fancy catered meal and other couples that do not know her. Finally, the comment Terry made at the end that "they're a mess" was a typical Terry "Low brow" comment. How callous and snarky of him. He always has this air of arrogance and superiority towards other couples that don't quite meet his "standards" of being worthy of compassion...he is the lowest of the low in my opinion.

Waa waa waa....is she trying to imply that her family is to blame for the way she is passive agressively stirring up shit between Gina and Shannon?

LOATHE when spouses say awful things about their partner in public.  That isn't love to demean them.  I don't have kids but I would think caring for them daily would be MUCH harder than working outside the home.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I am not a drinker.  I have been asked by people and I just say its a fine line between a happy buzz and someone is holding my hair.  These people just drink SOOOO much!  Maybe eat calories instead of drinking them.

• Love 7