Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E06: Dark Side of the Honeymoon

• Start Topic

LOL! Is Alyssa watching tonight’s show? On Twitter? Because the consensus is at 100%—you are a fucking bad person. Hope her family gets her the help she needs. Desperately by now.

And producers, WTAF made you think you had to go lower than Atlanta Chris? This mess better settle down to the usual hijinks or I’m out for the season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I hope we see the end of Chris and Alyssa next week. 

Frankly, none of these couples are a joy to watch, although I still have hope for Noi and Steve.

Nobody seemed to be having fun except Noi and Steve. Jasmina looked miserable, Olajuwon is a drill sergeant, Mark and Lindsey are all over the place, and Chris and Alyssa hate each other. Alyssa is a nightmare.

Apparently there’s going to be a new season of Love is Blind, and while some of those couples didn’t make it, there was only one couple that fought and they were done early. Two couples are married to this day, years later; one of those couples was adorable, consistently, on the show. That was fun to watch. It’s not entertaining to watch people be nasty to each other. I stopped watching the housewives shows I used to watch (Atlanta and Potomac) for that reason. It was too mean.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I hope Pastor Cal makes Alyssa finally give an answer next week. I doubt it though, they will probably keep her around for the drama. This show keeps getting to be more of a joke each season. 
Looking forward to Katina hitting O in the head with a frying pan when he tells her he expects a home cooked meal every night. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • LOL 16
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Rightside said:

Why do the other couples have to become the "experts" for Alyssa and Chris?

It is exhausting that that is all they have to talk about.

Why didn’t Chris just tell her he’s done with her and end it already?  My remote dropped and I might have missed a few words.  Are they going to share the apartment, or is he done with her for good.  I really think she’s insane or something.  Screwed in the head.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Why didn’t Chris just tell her he’s done with her and end it already?  My remote dropped and I might have missed a few words.  Are they going to share the apartment, or is he done with her for good.  I really think she’s insane or something.  Screwed in the head.

He doesn’t want to share the apartment if she doesn’t want to try. He told her he could have it for herself. That’s assuming that the producers will let her have a free ride. 

4 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I doubt Alyssa looking bad is not going to come as a shock to anyone who knows her.  

Which is why staying is so important to her. It’s a chance to make new friends.  She doesn’t realize that they will be involved trying to make marriages out of their circumstances, not new friends. They probably all have friends back at home and don’t need her kind of crazy in their lives. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

She wants to make Chris look like the bad guy. Which at this point is pretty much impossible, but yet she is delusional.

3 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

He doesn’t want to share the apartment if she doesn’t want to try. He told her he could have it for herself. That’s assuming that the producers will let her have a free ride. 

Which is why staying is so important to her. It’s a chance to make new friends.  She doesn’t realize that they will be involved trying to make marriages out of their circumstances, not new friends. They probably all have friends back at home and don’t need her kind of crazy in their lives. 

She probably thinks she can weasel in and steal Steve away from Noi. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Thanks .. I don’t think the producers will let her have it.  Why should they?  Everyone is sick of her.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, spunky said:
  Reveal spoiler

MAFSFAN  posted pictures of Alyssa's exes on her Instagram stories last week. They all had six packs 

Alyssa did you get married to Chris or did you get married to the other couples? Just tell the man you're not attracted to him and move on.

If she stops filming she has to pay a $50,000 fine.

I hadn’t heard this, but it certainly would explain why they’re both acting the way they are, each pushing for the other to throw in the towel first.  It still doesn’t excuse Alyssa’s behavior.  

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, CaliCat said:

I hadn’t heard this, but it certainly would explain why they’re both acting the way they are, each pushing for the other to throw in the towel first.  It still doesn’t excuse Alyssa’s behavior.  

The fine is real, but only if you refuse to be filmed. That's why we've had couples like Heather/Derek and Mindy/Zach that didn't move in together, but as long as they agreed to continue filming, they fulfilled the contract. But I don't need to see 8 more weeks or whatever of Alyssa whining about how everyone treats her so unfairly. I think we're stuck with her though.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

The producers have forced Alyssa and Chris to play tennis. She’s playing barefoot. She thinks she’s trying in the situation and you can see her nose getting longer and longer. 
And why is Chris saying she’s fun, blah, blah, blah, can he not see she doesn’t like him and wants nothing to do with him? 

Guys don’t think like women.  He still thinks there may be a chance.  Stupid.  Alyssa is the worst I’ve ever seen on this show.  She’s a liar and a manipulator.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
42 minutes ago, rebel2u said:

Oh, and Alyssa, the show didn't portray you as a f-ing good person.

Too bad so sad.

I'll bet Alyssa's head is exploding right about now.

And dang, I want a front row seat to that.  Like a Pillow Talk type show, but it’s just Alyssa sitting on her bed alone in her pj’s, drinking wine, and watching herself on the show. I’m here for it!

Edited by Cancun
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

Looking forward to Katina hitting O in the head with a frying pan when he tells her he expects a home cooked meal every night. 

He’ll be fine.  He wants her to stand up for herself and not be steamrolled by him.  The “dinner every  night” stuff is another test. Katina should have been no nonsense with her previous player boyfriends.  O wants her to stand up to him.  She is a strong powerful woman who needs to own her own power.  I have high hopes for them.    I personally don’t like the idea that he’s putting her through test but yes. The exercise situation was a test, the horseback riding was a test, and I think there was one other test he already put her through.  his goal is that she’ll stand up to him because he knows he’s a real strong personality but she can be too.

Edited by Kira53
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I sincerely hope Chris doesn't meet with Alyssa alone, because she is not to be trusted.  I can't believe she accused him of "gesturing aggressively" when he was just pointing. I wish he would listen to his sister and end it.  

While Noa appears to be head over heels, Steve doesn't seem to be there yet.  I don't think Jasmina is into Mike.  I hope she lets him down easily.   

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, Cancun said:

I think Chris is playing the game perfectly. He is so calm, polite, accommodating and even says generic nice things about her in his TH. He 100% knows she isn’t fun, but he understands there is no point in calling a spade a spade. Everything he is doing makes Alyssa look worse. When she started complaining about his “hand gestures” and how he “was pointing at the buildings”…geez, she is grasping at straws.

And Alyssa apparently thinks a slumber party/dorm/community living situation with the other girls is a reasonable reason for her to “get to have the apartment”?  She just sounds so…so like, stuck at, like, the college phase.

I’ll bet she doesn’t have one friend.  Sounds like her parents can’t take her either.  She’s in another world of her own, and needs lots of therapy.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Adeejay said:

I sincerely hope Chris doesn't meet with Alyssa alone, because she is not to be trusted.  I can't believe she accused him of "gesturing aggressively" when he was just pointing. I wish he would listen to his sister and end it.  

While Noa appears to be head over heel, Steve doesn't seem to be there yet.  I don't think Jasmina is into Mike.  I hope she lets him down easily.   

Jasmine is very cold and stand offish. I wonder if she’s just not into it or that’s her personality. 

She seems like a lovely person.   Strange the vibes. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, rebel2u said:

Does she not have friends?

Her own mother didn't seem to like her during their phonecall.

--------------------------------

For the benefit of the other four couples, Chris and Alyssa need to be jettisoned from this show.  Their drama brings so much negative energy to the group that they bring down the atmosphere for the others.  Removing the weeds from a garden helps the flowers to thrive.

I have hope for Noi and Steve, and think Lindsey and Mark have a shot of staying together.  Maybe Lindsey will settle down once the newness and nervousness wears off.

Katina and Olaj seem 50/50 to me at the moment, but they could start leaning to the positive.   She looked fabulous at the After Party - her figure is amazing.

Jasmine doesn't strike me as a very happy person, and <imo> she sucks the energy from Michael.  On a shallow note, I think Michael would be so much more attractive if he were to lose that beard...either that or a really good trim back.

Chris and Alyssa?  Why bother?

• Love 16
34 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Jasmine is very cold and stand offish. I wonder if she’s just not into it or that’s her personality. 

She seems like a lovely person.   Strange the vibes. 

Jasmina is used to long distance relationships.  Michael needs to move far away.  

• LOL 19

Jasmina and Michael.  So much seriousness, so little joy.  

Chris and Alyssa.  I’m sorry, but it she on some whole other alternate version of the show than the one we are watching?  At least the other couples are starting to see through her. 
Producer “This is Married at First Sight, not Single at First Sight”

Does Alyssa actually think the show will let her move into the apartment alone so when the girls want to get together, she will be right there?  Is she…..sane????

Edited by Meowwww
  • Like 1
  • Love 19

I bet Alyssa thought she would get the apartment a la Mindy. Obviously she is mistaken since Zach was the one to not be into it and NOT move in (with that logic, Chris would move in but hey, the girl doesn’t appear to operate with reason). But I bet she pictured that, plus the season with Hayley and Jake (where the girls all consistently got together for drinks in each others’ apts) and envisioned that’s how her story would go down. I lol’d when chris made the comment about divorced parents splitting the kids. And I also lol’d at Olajuwon’s (sp?) faces during that group dinner everytime Alyssa spoke. He was the same way on the after party ep she was on with him. 

I told my husband that if we made a drinking game out of Alyssa’s “I’m a good f***ing person!” we would pass out. She’s a trip. Honestly I watch mostly to see how bratty she will be, because I don’t think she’s acting and I can’t believe there are people out there like her! Well I can. But still. You can tell the producers and editors are wtf with her too…all the footage of her talking about how she’s worried they’ll make her look bad. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Tunia said:

Her own mother didn't seem to like her during their phonecall.

--------------------------------

For the benefit of the other four couples, Chris and Alyssa need to be jettisoned from this show.  Their drama brings so much negative energy to the group that they bring down the atmosphere for the others.  Removing the weeds from a garden helps the flowers to thrive.

I have hope for Noi and Steve, and think Lindsey and Mark have a shot of staying together.  Maybe Lindsey will settle down once the newness and nervousness wears off.

Katina and Olaj seem 50/50 to me at the moment, but they could start leaning to the positive.   She looked fabulous at the After Party - her figure is amazing.

Jasmine doesn't strike me as a very happy person, and <imo> she sucks the energy from Michael.  On a shallow note, I think Michael would be so much more attractive if he were to lose that beard...either that or a really good trim back.

Chris and Alyssa?  Why bother?

I agree with you. My rankings:

1) Steve and Noi - I think these two are a lock.

2) Mark and Lindsey - an odd couple, but we've seen them work out before like Steph/AJ and Elizabeth/Jamie

3) Olajuwon and Katina - they aren't too badly matched IMO, I think they both have some maturing to do. They could be successful if they want it badly enough.

4) Michael and Jasmina - both too ready to take offense and think the worst of each other. No fun or playfulness in their interactions. I don't hate Michael's beard but I'd like to see what he looks like without it.

Infinity: Chris and Alyssa

• Love 11

One thing Chris is doing that is not genuine is saying that he thinks the experts gave him a good match in Alyssa.  But again, he's doing that because if he says she isn't a good match Alyssa will use that as "proof" that he's the one doing her wrong and not invested in the process.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 7

Quote of the night.

Because this is married at first sight not single at first sight.

Alyssa must think that all her life people play by her rules. How did she come up with the idea that they are going to chronicle the other couples adjusting to married life and she is just going to be a free floater? Is the camera crew going to tape her being by herself? How would she relate to anyone else? She actually thinks the producers are going to agree to this?

What's the experience she is referring to? Evidently the experience of being on TV not working on a marriage. She did everything she could to make herself look like a horrible wretched person then complains its happening. Lastly the horrible situation she is in is of her own making. What did Chris do wrong except not have his teeth completely straight. Anyone married for 30 years can tell you how important that is.

• Love 21
4 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Quote of the night.

Because this is married at first sight not single at first sight.

Alyssa must think that all her life people play by her rules. How did she come up with the idea that they are going to chronicle the other couples adjusting to married life and she is just going to be a free floater? Is the camera crew going to tape her being by herself? How would she relate to anyone else? She actually thinks the producers are going to agree to this?

What's the experience she is referring to? Evidently the experience of being on TV not working on a marriage. She did everything she could to make herself look like a horrible wretched person then complains its happening. Lastly the horrible situation she is in is of her own making. What did Chris do wrong except not have his teeth completely straight. Anyone married for 30 years can tell you how important that is.

Exactly.  WTF is she referring to?   Like she’s made up an entire story in her head. 
Hey thanks “experts” with your “vetting” of candidates 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

Does Alyssa actually think the show will let her move into the apartment alone so when the girls want to get together, she will be right there?  Is she…..sane????

Or the idea they'd just split the apartment and the producers would be okay with that. She brings up that strategy in front of the group without even asking Chris about it. I believe she was serious and actually thought it was a generous plan.

It looks like the charade is going to be over soon. She's going to miss out on her single at first sight experience.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Or the idea they'd just split the apartment and the producers would be okay with that. She brings up that strategy in front of the group without even asking Chris about it. I believe she was serious and actually thought it was a generous plan.

It looks like the charade is going to be over soon. She's going to miss out on her single at first sight experience.

Do you think she'll annoy the producers enough that they'll actually send her home?  I wonder if she might get away without paying the penalty if that happens.  Whatever does happen should be interesting!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

He really wanted it to work. He was willing to give a 100% if she showed the slightest willingness to engage in the marriage. Yes it would be easy to throw in the towel and he's not going to try without effort in return. But yeah its stick a fork in it time.

• Love 7

Alyssa physically made my fucking blood boil tonight.

She can fuck right off.

But, Chris can also stop trying to put the ball in her court. Fucking leave. Just walk away. 

Lyndsey can be a messy one but don't Blane her from almost guffawing at the table. I'm just looking at the other women trying to be diplomatic with confusion.

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

One thing Chris is doing that is not genuine is saying that he thinks the experts gave him a good match in Alyssa.  

What Chris said was that Alyssa is upset because she didn’t get what she asked for, however, he got what he asked for. He is right. He asked for “skinny” and that she is. I bet he wished that he had asked for someone who is “nice”, instead.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9

I would have been Lindsay’s face when Alyssa was blathering her bullshit. 🆘

Wondering if those producers stuck with her now also checked her list, then matched her with Chris. When she told them it’s game over if the groom’s teeth aren’t perfect (so her depth has been established), one of these assholes yelled bingo!

Alyssa’s reaction is unfortunately like a toddlers—they underestimated her entitlement. It’s the obviousness of her gaslighting, believing she’s the smartest one in the room, and the delusional thinking that have triggered the panic she’s feeling. Correctly. She suspected in real time the edit we’re watching now.

• Love 8

I chuckled at Pastor Cal's "we've been monitoring the situation, so we sent Alyssa and Chris to do an activity together."  How'd they get him to say that with a straight face?

Also, did I miss the part from the promo where they're talking on the balcony and Alyssa walked off saying "he called me a liar, I'm not going to take that" ? Was that shown during tonight's episode? Maybe I skipped too far ahead on the DVR?

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, TeapotWakeen said:

I chuckled at Pastor Cal's "we've been monitoring the situation, so we sent Alyssa and Chris to do an activity together."  How'd they get him to say that with a straight face?

Also, did I miss the part from the promo where they're talking on the balcony and Alyssa walked off saying "he called me a liar, I'm not going to take that" ? Was that shown during tonight's episode? Maybe I skipped too far ahead on the DVR?

Yeah, Pastor Cal, a good rousing game of tennis fixes everything *rolling eyes*

No, that scene was from last week. Although, all their conversations are pretty much interchangeable.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Peachyqueen said:

And I also lol’d at Olajuwon’s (sp?) faces during that group dinner everytime Alyssa spoke. He was the same way on the after party ep she was on with him. 

Olajuwon was giving me life during that whole scene. Also, I know Lindsey is cray-cray but I kind of love her.

Me: Katie is the WORST wife ever to be on MAFS. No one will ever top her.

Alyssa: Hold my beer.

• LOL 10
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, CaliCat said:

MAFSFAN  posted a snippet of their contracts during the D.C. season and at the beginning of this season. Taylor also confirmed it in her live when the D.C. season ended. She wanted out completely after the honeymoon, but was stuck because she couldn't afford the $50,000. 

Edited by spunky
  • Useful 9

I don’t think the producers are being fair with expecting Chris to listen to her talk in circles over and over. I would love to see the experts tell her she isn’t making any effort and never has.What is she talking about when keeps saying she put work into this? Then being upset because she can’t be the single friend in the apartment complex while Chris is sent packing. Maybe she thinks Steve will want her if she hangs around long enough.

I have some hope with Steve and Noi. I wasn’t adventurous about physical things when I met my husband although I loved traveling. Over the years I came to like some of the outdoors things he does and he learned to like museums and concerts like me. Mark and Lindsey I don’t know about. She seems a little unstable and he apparently has drama going on in his life. Jasmine and Michael don’t seem affectionate or like they are attracted to each other. Katina and O are attracted, but he is probably not mature enough to make it work. 

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 11

I was so aghast over Alyssa last night, that I couldn’t even focus on any of the other couples.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by Lindsey this episode. It seems that having an actual problem to solve that she can focus all of her energies on (i.e., the landlord bedbug eviction situation) brought out her best qualities. She can be action-oriented and very caring, focused completely on what she can do to help her husband. Mark seemed somewhat taken aback, but I think it’s because he’s thirty-whatever years old and hasn’t had a partner like this to support him. Granted, she was a bit emphatic that we’re doing XYZ, so in future scenarios will she even let Mark have an opinion or solve his own problems? But in this particular episode, it came off positively for Lindsey. So it seems like this woman just always needs an actual problem to solve—or she’s just going to create them for herself in how she is always calling people out. She did manage to take a step back and disengage from Alyssa—so maybe Mark’s influence is actually helping her grow?! With these two, I can see what the so-called experts mean about the partner bringing out the best in them and helping them grow. They’re certainly showing the most progress in that way out of all of the couples thus far. Otherwise the next closest we have is Steve convincing Noi to float in a river…okay.

• Like 1
  • Love 18
13 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I was so aghast over Alyssa last night, that I couldn’t even focus on any of the other couples.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by Lindsey this episode. It seems that having an actual problem to solve that she can focus all of her energies on (i.e., the landlord bedbug eviction situation) brought out her best qualities. She can be action-oriented and very caring, focused completely on what she can do to help her husband. Mark seemed somewhat taken aback, but I think it’s because he’s thirty-whatever years old and hasn’t had a partner like this to support him. Granted, she was a bit emphatic that we’re doing XYZ, so in future scenarios will she even let Mark have an opinion or solve his own problems? But in this particular episode, it came off positively for Lindsey. So it seems like this woman just always needs an actual problem to solve—or she’s just going to create them for herself in how she is always calling people out. She did manage to take a step back and disengage from Alyssa—so maybe Mark’s influence is actually helping her grow?! With these two, I can see what the so-called experts mean about the partner bringing out the best in them and helping them grow. They’re certainly showing the most progress in that way out of all of the couples thus far. Otherwise the next closest we have is Steve convincing Noi to float in a river…okay.

I agree about Lindsey.  I see her as someone with more maturity and self-awareness in her than she sometimes acts upon.  She's complicated.  I think a lot of her problems come out when drinking too much and being under high stress circumstances.  I think Mark has gotten through to her that if she doesn't get that stuff under control she's going to mess things up with him and that's something she does NOT want.  I get the feeling she's on her best behavior right now.  Hopefully it will last but with her you never know.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both of them.  🤞 

• Love 22