Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E06: Everyday Is a Holiday (With You)

Bort
  • Start Topic

It’s Thanksgiving and while Meredith faces travel complications due to the weather, Nick steps in to help in more ways than one. Meanwhile, Richard and Bailey seek out emergency surgeries, and Amelia and Link reconnect.

Airdate: 18 Nov 2021

There's a theory floating around on the Grey's subreddit that Meredith is showing the early signs of Alzheimer's and Nick/the entire relationship with him is in her head. I'm coming around to that being not so farfetched after the last few episodes. Has anyone else besides Meredith interacted with Nick this go-around?

Teddy, are you sure you're avoiding your mother-in-law because of your gender-fluid son and not because she rightfully still hates you for cheating on her son on your wedding day?

I thought it was a good sign that Link went back in to continue kissing Amelia when she said nothing had changed for her, but the promos for next week ruined it by having Link tell Jo he had a huge crush on her back when. WTF. But the scene of Amelia watching Link and the kids dance in the living room was a good predecessor to Amelia/Link getting back together by season's end, maybe.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

The timing of this episode made no sense. It started out in the early afternoon, but Bailey said it was after everything that happened on Station 19. Where they had a whole day of events followed by Thanksgiving dinner? That is really cramming a crossover in.

I thought Nico was going to run screaming from Levi's mother, but I guess not.

I still like Amelia and Linc together.

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

There's a theory floating around on the Grey's subreddit that Meredith is showing the early signs of Alzheimer's and Nick/the entire relationship with him is in her head. I'm coming around to that being not so farfetched after the last few episodes. Has anyone else besides Meredith interacted with Nick this go-around?

I like that theory. I'd love a link to the subreddit. Sometimes I wanna go on tangents and reddit is the place for that.

I found it interesting that McTransplant had what looked to be the same Range Rover Derek had in several seasons. People often comment on how similar they look. 

Is "seeing things that aren't there" a symptom of Alzheimers? I know people forget, or call people the wrong name. But I'm not well-versed on what else happens as people begin their descent into dementia.

I was really happy Amelia and Linc had a lil romp on the couch. They should have worked out.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

There's a theory floating around on the Grey's subreddit that Meredith is showing the early signs of Alzheimer's and Nick/the entire relationship with him is in her head. I'm coming around to that being not so farfetched after the last few episodes. Has anyone else besides Meredith interacted with Nick this go-around? I also don't know why the show pretends anymore that Meredith is a better mother than Ellis. Amelia and Link have been those kids' parents for the past year and a half, essentially.

Are full on hallucinations a sign of early onset Alzheimer's? Wouldn't it start with forgetting things?

I don't think anyone has interacted with him yet, so it would be interesting. But I'd be shocked if they went that dark/depressing with their main character.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Are full on hallucinations a sign of early onset Alzheimer's? Wouldn't it start with forgetting things?

Just the first thing I picked from a google search, but... https://www.liftedcare.com/why-does-dementia-cause-hallucinations/

"Hallucinations are caused by changes in the brain which, if they occur at all, usually happen in the middle or later stages of the dementia journey. Hallucinations are more common in dementia with Lewy bodies and Parkinson's dementia but they can also occur in Alzheimer's and other types of dementia."

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, BoogieBurns said:

I like that theory. I'd love a link to the subreddit. Sometimes I wanna go on tangents and reddit is the place for that.

I found it interesting that McTransplant had what looked to be the same Range Rover Derek had in several seasons. People often comment on how similar they look. 

Is "seeing things that aren't there" a symptom of Alzheimers? I know people forget, or call people the wrong name. But I'm not well-versed on what else happens as people begin their descent into dementia.

I was really happy Amelia and Linc had a lil romp on the couch. They should have worked out.

Grey's Anatomy theory about Nick.

• Love 4

Re: Nick being real  -  I don't think promos are considered spoilers but just in case I'll just say go watch it.  Promo

The episode was OK. I enjoyed Amelia & Linc together and Richard and Bailey working together. I'm glad Meredith's kids have their aunts. Meredith isn't even going to bother to come home when the snow clears after missing Thanksgiving with her kids. The kids can eat the turkey with Amelia & Linc as Meredith goes off to the cabin with Nick.

I still don't care about Glasses or Meghan but I hope her son makes it.

I hoping the second half of the season picks up and is better than the first half has been. 

Edited by windsprints
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

I wish the Nick theory were the case because that would be more interesting than anything else that is happening this season thus far. I need Meredith or someone - Amelia, maybe, since she frequents Minnesota - to at some point point out how much Nick looks like Derek. It's distracting. 

Today's episode proved that the writers value Meredith's new relationship over her being a mother. Granted, I know the kids on Grey's Anatomy are used for props and plot, but convenient that Meredith couldn't make it home to her children yet got to screw her new boy toy as a consolation prize. I'd rather she make it home in time to dance it out with her kids. Meredith's not raising her kids. Link and Amelia are.

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 12
13 minutes ago, windsprints said:

The episode was OK. I enjoyed Amelia & Linc together and Richard and Bailey working together. I'm glad Meredith's kids have their aunts. Meredith isn't even going to bother to come home when the snow clears after missing Thanksgiving with her kids. The kids can eat the turkey with Amelia & Linc as Meredith goes off to the cabin with Nick.

Seriously. I'm not blaming Meredith for getting Covid and being in a coma for months but it's not like she prioritized spending time with her kids before that. Maggie and Amelia raised the three kids more than Meredith, and Amelia/Link were the parents, essentially, for the last year and a half.

Edit: What @funnygirl said :) 

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I hope that's not the case. Too close to ghost sex territory.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I hope that's not the case. Too close to ghost sex territory.

Same. I'd rather he actually be a guy that Mere is finally moving on to. NO fucking ghost sex, PLEASE.

But looking at Nick definitely tells me that Meredith has a "type." He looks like Patrick Dempsey and Chris O'Donnell had their DNA schmoozed together in a petri dish and implanted in a random woman. 

And curious Zola talks just like a little Maggie. Brainiacs of a feather.....

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
10 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

Same. I'd rather he actually be a guy that Mere is finally moving on to. 

But looking at Nick definitely tells me that Meredith has a "type." He looks like Patrick Dempsey and Chris O'Donnell had their DNA schmoozed together in a petri dish and implanted in a random woman. 

There also was plenty of commentary about De Luca kind of resembling Derek. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, funnygirl said:

I wish the Nick theory were the case because that would be more interesting than anything else that is happening this season thus far. I need Meredith or someone - Amelia, maybe, since she frequents Minnesota - to at some point point out how much Nick looks like Derek. It's distracting. 

Today's episode proved that the writers value Meredith's new relationship over her being a mother. Granted, I know the kids on Grey's Anatomy are used for props and plot, but convenient that Meredith couldn't make it home to her children yet got to screw her new boy toy as a consolation prize. I'd rather she make it home in time to dance it out with her kids. Meredith's not raising her kids. Link and Amelia are.

I have always felt this way. They should never ever have made Mere a mother. Never ever. (and three of them! Oy!) Mere like Christina should have always just focused on her career. Sigh. The writers did not listen to me.

I sure hope the show doesn't give Mere Alzheimer's or some other heinous disease that destroys her mind. I know they like to go full circle and make her be like Ellis (her mother) but at least Mere was grown when her mom was sick. Since the show saddled Mere with a gob of kids it would be almost cruel make her forget them/ and or kill her off.

But maybe that's what the show is setting up? Amelia and Linc being the parents of Mere's 3 kids' and the one that is their own. That way Linc gets his brood and Amelia doesn't have to birth them all! They were both cute together last night in their scenes.

I can understand Richard being at the hospital on Thanksgiving -- he's got no kids and his wife is sort of absent a lot.

But Bailey has a family. Like at least 2 kids and a husband. I take it the little girl she got last week went away? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

When it turned out Amelia forgot to turn the oven on, I immediately thought they could microwave it. I know, I know, it sounds like blasphemy, but honestly, it's a great way to cook turkey, my family did it for years. It comes out really tender and juicy, and you only have to put it in the conventional oven at the very end to brown it. It cooks much faster that way too. The only problem is that most modern microwaves aren't big enough to stick a turkey in.

There's a theory floating around on the Grey's subreddit that Meredith is showing the early signs of Alzheimer's and Nick/the entire relationship with him is in her head.

I kind of like that theory except we have seen too much of Nick on his own: i.e. in his office, driving the car, etc. If Meredith walked into his office and was just imagining he was there, wouldn't somebody else be there, or was it just an empty office that used to be his? I think it would be too much of a "gotcha" at this point rather than something you could look back on and realize the signs were there.

Where did Maggie go? Don't tell me, she crossed over to Station 19 and hasn't come back yet?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Where did Maggie go? Don't tell me, she crossed over to Station 19 and hasn't come back yet?

She's with her dad in Boston while Kelly McCreary is on maternity leave. (Not sure if she had the baby yet, but she is too pregnant to hide).

• Love 4
1 hour ago, taanja said:

But Bailey has a family. Like at least 2 kids and a husband. I take it the little girl she got last week went away? 

This really pissed me off.  She was planning to be home on Thanksgiving, but then Pru's grandfather took her that morning, so Bailey decided to work.  AS IF she doesn't have two other kids who might want to have Thanksgiving with their parents!  Who did they have Thanksgiving dinner with Bailey suddenly at the hospital and her husband running around on Station 19 and having dinner there?  We know Meredith doesn't give a crap about her kids, but Bailey?  Come on, show! 

15 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I think it's just COVID.  I suspect Ellen Pompeo doesn't want to interact with many people and is limiting her in-person time with cast members not part of her immediate story line.

15 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Teddy, are you sure you're avoiding your mother-in-law because of your gender-fluid son and not because she rightfully still hates you for cheating on her son on your wedding day?

This.  First, why don't you actually have a fucking conversation with Owen's mom and let her know Leo might be gender-fluid at this point so she isn't "surprised" if he "comes out wearing a dress"?  Also, screw that.  Anyone who has been around little kids knows they love to dress up in all kinds of costumes or mismatched clothes, tiaras, and spiderman masks.  Grandma likely wouldn't blink an eye.

Finally, screw you, Teddy!  Leo's gender isn't what will totally ruin your relationship with Owen's mom, but your CHEATING on him on your wedding day sure would!  Take some damned responsibility for your own actions.

And, by the way, WHO are your kids spending Thanksgiving with if their dad is working and you are sitting around with Megan, just hanging out at the hospital shooting the shit with her, complaining about your MIL?

Edited by izabella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, izabella said:

This.  First, why don't you actually have a fucking conversation with Owen's mom and let her know Leo might be gender-fluid at this point so she isn't "surprised" if he "comes out wearing a dress"?  Also, screw that.  Anyone who has been around little kids knows they love to dress up in all kinds of costumes or mismatched clothes, tiaras, and spiderman masks.  Grandma likely wouldn't blink an eye.

Finally, screw you, Teddy!  Leo's gender isn't what will totally ruin your relationship with Owen's mom, but your CHEATING on him on your wedding day sure would!  Take some damned responsibility for your own actions.

I assume they didn't say "i'm avoiding her because I cheated on Owen on our wedding day" because I really think we're supposed to pretend that never happened--think of it as Grey's Bobby in the shower/it was just a dream storyline (old Dallas reference)

Even with the assumption above, I felt that line on dodging her MIL was really off. Most moms are very protective of their children. If I thought my child might pop out in a dress and that my MIL might not be ok with it or might make some remark I found harmful, I would MAKE sure I was there to intercede. I would not risk it happening without me there. No way. 

Otherwise, it was kind of a dull episode. Why do we get so many with Glasses? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Amelia and Link - YES! One gigantic YES! They make such a great couple, if only there wasn't this,  "We must get married," stigma hanging over their heads.  They are so in tune in every other way.  I wish we heard the reply to the question, "What is sex?" from Bailey, that would have been at least funny, for sure.  I hope that little romp on the couch at the end doesn't lead to another pregnancy.  There is more to this relationship than babies and looking after Meredith's kids.

I am one of the ones who shipped Mer and McIrish.  Cristina sent him for a reason, I actually liked them together.  I find this Minnesota storyline strange.  I still question why a general surgeon would be heading up a Parkinson trial.  Amelia, sure, but Meredith?  I know she had an interest in neuro a long time ago, but her only dabbling in it once she became an attending was on the plane with Riggs in the turbulence episode.  

Am really disliking the Owen's sister storyline, I handled her ok when she was on last time, but maybe because other people were still around and despite all of it, the other storylines were stronger, but add to the fact I like Hayes with Meredith and I just don't seem to connect with it at all,  While I don't want Farrouk to die, I really don't otherwise care too much about it,  

I didn't really seem to get why Teddy insisted on staying and Owen had to go home, but then neither of them are really appealing (it feels like I need to fast forward parts of Grey's these days but I am in until the end, I've watched it from the beginning).

Glasses is boring, his mother brought in this huge feast, spent a huge amount of time with Nico, but when it came to everyone eating it, wasn't there (even if she was as annoying as Glasses).  

How cute is Luna?  She is a very sweet looking baby.  Jo's hair looks even more ridiculous.  I do like her with darker hair,  Since when do residents get to choose their scrub hats?  She didn't have the regulation light blue resident scrub cap on in this episode, she had her old attending one on. I really don't want anything to happen with Jo and Link.  

I really never thought I would say this, but I miss Maggie.  She used to drive me nuts, but I really seem to like her these days, and I do think Winston is hot, and a good fit for her too.  

Edited by LittlePeas3
I hate typos
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, LittlePeas3 said:

Since when do residents get to choose their scrub hats?  She didn't have the regulation light blue resident scrub cap on in this episode, she had her old attending one on.

I figured she's got some leeway since she used to be an attending 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

The timing of this episode made no sense. It started out in the early afternoon, but Bailey said it was after everything that happened on Station 19. Where they had a whole day of events followed by Thanksgiving dinner? That is really cramming a crossover in.

Yeah, Bailey ate two Thanksgiving dinners.  No wonder she's...plump.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Meredith could at least have said she was thankful for her kids when they were talking in her hotel room; no she was thankful for wine! I’m sure her boyfriend is real and Meredith doesn’t have Alzheimer’s. She used to be my favorite character but now she just stands around waiting to be admired by someone. Meanwhile, Amelia is raising her kids! I like  Megan with McIrish and I like Meredith with the new guy, I just don’t like her anymore.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 4

This was kind of depressing for a Thanksgiving Day episode. I liked Amelia and Linc with the kids but all three stories and the hospital were depressing and I don't care about Meredith.

What was the point of introducing "Ben gets Pru" if they're going to drop it after 3 episodes on 2 shows?

I think we got more of Nico as a person with Levi's mom than we ever got with him and Levi.

1 hour ago, LittlePeas3 said:

I hope that little romp on the couch at the end doesn't lead to another pregnancy.  There is more to this relationship than babies and looking after Meredith's kids.

It would however deal with the question of Linc wanting to have more kids.

2 hours ago, izabella said:

And, by the way, WHO are your kids spending Thanksgiving with if their dad is working and you are sitting around with Megan, just hanging out at the hospital shooting the shit with her, complaining about your MIL?

Owen was supposed to be with the kids and his mother cooking dinner but he chose to work instead. So I guess that Alison and gender-fluid Leo are with grandma wearing dresses.

I don't like Meghan. She actively wanted Owen to break up with Tumour Amelia but Teddy cheating on Owen on their wedding day is totes okay, as is Teddy ducking out on protecting Leo.

• Love 7

Otherwise, it was kind of a dull episode. Why do we get so many with Glasses? 

I know this forum isn't necessarily indicative of the audience at large, but I can't figure out why this show loves Glasses so much either. Does he have some very vocal Twitter fanbase I'm unaware of?

Also, who is Meghan's kid? Is that her bio kid or did she adopt him or foster him? Who's his father?

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, LexieLily said:
45 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Also, who is Meghan's kid? Is that her bio kid or did she adopt him or foster him? Who's his father?

Didn't she find him when she was in Iraq? I want to say Farouk is from Syria.

Yes, she adopted him. From the wiki:

"Farouk was orphaned at age four when his birth parents both died in combat in Syria. He ended up in Iraq as a refugee, where he met Megan Hunt, who raised him as her son for the next six years"

(Then Riggs and Mer did some shenanigans to get him to the US.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Megan raised Farouk when she was a prisoner of war in the Middle East and they did some crazy scheme so she could adopt him to get him into the US. I'm not sure what they did but I know now legally he is Megan's son. How the hell did she raise him while being held as a POW is beyond me. When I think of someone being a POW I think of them being locked somewhere and/or tortured but apparently they let Megan raise a child.

• Love 5

I was fully expecting the pregnant woman to die--was relieved when she didn't! I was moved by the story with the dying soldier and his family. Bailey with the wife was good, as was Owen with the son. And I was charmed by Linc and the kids. I feel like I should be affected more by the Megan and Farouk storyline, but I'm just not. And the Meredith stuff just felt like it was on some other show. I do think it was funny how we were all talking about Nico having nothing to do aside from being Glasses' sex toy, and then he's given all the time with his mom.

• Love 4

Did Meredith and Hayes ever sleep together? I know she has slept with Finn (Finn/Meredith/Derek/Addison love triangle) and Riggs (Meredith/Riggs/Megan love triangle). Can't remember if she slept with DeLuca or not but I know they at least dated (DeLuca/Meredith/Hayes love triangle. See a pattern here?).

How long until the inevitable Nick/Meredith/Hayes/Megan triangle? MerNick just slept together and there is something brewing between Hayes and Megan. Or are they trying to get Martin Henderson back and convolute it even more and have a Nick/Meredith/Hayes/Megan/Riggs love triangle. Plus there is Helm whose head is firmly wedged up Meredith's ass.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I don't understand why they off-screen broke up Riggs/Megan just to slap her together with Hayes. The show wants us to believe that someone that was a held captive for ten years got so bored in a year-and-a-half in quarantine that she and Riggs had to split up? She and Riggs are both doctors, aren't they? It's not like they were literally stuck together WFH for eighteen months. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Amazee-Dayzee said:

Plus there is Helm whose head is firmly wedged up Meredith's ass.

I can’t stand her, although if she’d knock that off maybe she wouldn’t be so annoying. I sure didn’t miss her in this episode!

• Love 5
On 11/18/2021 at 10:09 PM, LexieLily said:

That would be a sad but VERY riveting storyline.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Amazee-Dayzee said:

Did Meredith and Hayes ever sleep together? I know she has slept with Finn (Finn/Meredith/Derek/Addison love triangle) and Riggs (Meredith/Riggs/Megan love triangle). Can't remember if she slept with DeLuca or not but I know they at least dated (DeLuca/Meredith/Hayes love triangle. See a pattern here?).

I feel like anything Meredith/Hayes happened offscreen between these last two seasons. The season opened with them already post-attempting to date since his kids weren't comfortable with the relationship. Judging by how long it's taken her to finally get with Nick, I would lean toward no for Hayes. Including this episode, the producers have made it fairly noteworthy whenever Meredith has gone to bed with someone since Derrick's death.

She and DeLuca definitely slept together. I'm almost certain there were several episodes a couple seasons back that would include scenes of them waking up in her bed and talking about the plot point of the day. 

• Love 3

Nick isn't the first person Meredith has slept with since Derek. First was the one night stand with the doctor from the veteran hospital in season 12. Then her and Deluca during their relationship. I think Meredith and Hayes only attempted dating - and we don't know for how long - in the time between season 17 and 18, but stopped because of the stupid tptb excuse that his youngest was having anxiety over it. But now the writers have him all up in Megan's space so I guess that will conveniently be okay for his son. 

Whether or not people wanted to see Meredith and Hayes together, the fact remains that Krista and the writers threw away two seasons of Meredith/Hayes buildup off screen. If nothing else, it was all a waste of time. And now here's Meredith neglecting her kids to get her freak on with Minnesota. 

I said it a few episodes back and I stand by it: this season is boring. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

Nick isn't the first person Meredith has slept with since Derek. First was the one night stand with the doctor from the veteran hospital in season 12. Then her and Deluca during their relationship. I think Meredith and Hayes only attempted dating - and we don't know for how long - in the time between season 17 and 18, but stopped because of the stupid tptb excuse that his youngest was having anxiety over it. But now the writers have him all up in Megan's space so I guess that will conveniently be okay for his son. 

Didn't she also have sex with someone in a van parked at the hospital?  Who was that?  Riggs?

• Love 1

It’s hard for me to watch the show now knowing that I’m so little invested in a lot of people on it. 

I want to be invested but I’m not.

I swear I hate the plotline where people are so bad in the kitchen that they don’t even realize they turn the oven off.  I mean it’s not comical it’s just stupid.  Oven dials literally only go two ways.  And it’s obvious when your oven is on in the kitchen because it’s really hot.  Also most new ovens literally have like a screen that shows you they are on.  This plot just really bothers me there’s nothing wrong with going out to dinner or ordering in.  You don’t have to make a four course meal.  Just have them do that there’s no need to act like they’re both idiots. 

Are they trying to set up Amelia  with that other woman whose name I don’t remember.  The show is literally gotten to the point where the only couple I like is Linc and Amelia.

I know the show wants me to feel invested in Ben Covington and Meredith but I don’t. Also who asks somebody to go away with them alone when you know they have children for a holiday?  Why do people insist on treating Meredith like she’s a single woman with no family?  I don’t know how this doesn’t annoy her.

If they want to break up a couple how about Teddy and Owen who have the all the sparks of a broken George Forman grill.  

Stop with Megan and the Irish guy!!! I actually don’t dislike the Irish guy but for some reason I do  dislike Megan.  There’s something about the way she talks that annoys me.  She uses like Broadway speech in television acting. 

Edited by dmc
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, izabella said:

Didn't she also have sex with someone in a van parked at the hospital?  Who was that?  Riggs?

I don't remember if Meredith and Riggs ever got to the point where they had sex or if they just made out. ??

40 minutes ago, dmc said:

I know the show wants me to feel invested in Ben Covington and Meredith but I don’t. Also who asks somebody to go away with them alone when you know they have children for a holiday?  Why do people insist on treating Meredith like she’s a single woman with no family?  

Because she acts like she's a single woman with no family?  First thing she did after seeing her flight was delayed was to call Nick.  Not her kids who are waiting for her to come home for Thanksgiving, but Nick.  After Amelia and Linc raised her kids while she had COVID, first thing she did was to take a job that would take her away from her kids a good part of the time, leaving her kids to be raised by whoever might be around since she also hired Amelia to leave Seattle a good part of the time.  At this point, with Maggie away, and Mere and Amelia in Minnesota, I guess Linc is raising her kids.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

I don't remember if Meredith and Riggs ever got to the point where they had sex or if they just made out. ??

I had to look it up, but they had sex.  Apparently, multiple times in her car (not van) in the parking lot.  He was the first guy since Derek.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/greys-anatomy-end-meredith-riggs-love-story-was-best-thing-that-ever-happened-to-her.html/

However, that all changed when Riggs followed Meredith to the parking lot to see what her problem was after a long, hard day at the hospital. While this lead to a blown-out argument, it ended with the two of them having sex in her car several times after.

Meredith expected this to be it, sex and friends, but it was obvious in the look of his face at Owen’s wedding that he wanted more from her than just sex and friendship. On several occasions, Meredith pretended she didn’t feel the same, but it only ever led to more sex and them getting closer.

Their relationship ended when Megan came back from the dead.

43 minutes ago, izabella said:

Because she acts like she's a single woman with no family?  First thing she did after seeing her flight was delayed was to call Nick.  Not her kids who are waiting for her to come home for Thanksgiving, but Nick.  After Amelia and Linc raised her kids while she had COVID, first thing she did was to take a job that would take her away from her kids a good part of the time, leaving her kids to be raised by whoever might be around since she also hired Amelia to leave Seattle a good part of the time.  At this point, with Maggie away, and Mere and Amelia in Minnesota, I guess Linc is raising her kids.

Yep.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, izabella said:

I had to look it up, but they had sex.  Apparently, multiple times in her car (not van) in the parking lot.  He was the first guy since Derek.

Her first after Derek was a one night stand with a doctor from another hospital. She woke up the next morning and started screaming, leading to the guy running out while "the sisters" watched and then consoled her.

Later on, she and Riggs hooked up in the parking lot after arguing. They somewhat started to build a relationship after their plane episode, but then Megan returned and Meredith easily let him go.

Next was DeLuca, and they were definitely an item for months within the show timeline. She even professed love for him.

And now Nick.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, izabella said:

While also apparently co-raising Luna with Jo, not to mention co-parenting his own baby with Amelia. Overachiever ;).

Edited by LexieLily
  • LOL 6

The one-night-stand doctor after Derek's death was Will Thorpe. Riggs was the first man she had sex with without freaking out.

I wonder if they broke up MerHayes because a lot of people didn't like them together at all. They felt forced. At least I thought so. Just because Cristina sent him doesn't mean that he's a perfect guy for Meredith. Yes Cristina is a legend but I'm not sure she would be good at deciding who the hell Meredith should couple with. The fact that I felt we were supposed to support them because Cristina apparently knows best is not really a great idea to get people to like them. If it was revealed AFTER the fact than maybe. Honestly I wanted Jomac HOWEVER it seems we are going to get Megan/Hayes and at the very least a love triangle with Jo/Link/Amelia/Kai according to the previews.

Also as someone who actually liked Towen and Tedom together initially, I'm pretty much over Teddy now. For me she is just there. They never should have dropped Greg Germann to recurring or ruined Teddy with the stupid affair storyline.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, izabella said:

Also on a place, in an episode from Spring 2017. They definitely had sex. 

Meredith's children are once again Amelia's responsibility. Will these end with Linc realizing that one baby of her own is enough to deal with, or even think about right now, or is she supposed to have a big realization that she wants a million babies, so that they can be married at the end of this season? Unless Glasses wants to marry his boyfriend.  (Oh, nothing has changed.)

A re-do of the mum who doesn't want more children, but this time, her husband is right there. Good for her for speaking up about what she needs. 

"I pardoned it!" LOL. Quick save. 

• Love 5